Tue, Oct 22, 3:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Anton's Changing Fantasy Suit for Victoria -- please help me

InBlack ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 7:29 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:25 AM

file_177852.jpg

Ive just purchased the Changing Fantasy Suit for Victoria from Daz3D and I'm quite disappointed, to say the least. Upon running the file, it installs the suit to "C:/Program Files/Curious Labs/Poser4". Notice there is no space between the 'Poser' and the '4', meaning you have to either catch that error before you install or move the entire directory after installation. After installing it and loading up Victoria, I loaded the Changing Fantasy Suit (CFS from now on) and hit 'Conform to...Figure 1'. To my horror, the boots do not conform properly. Vicky's feet stick out of them, and if I try to bend the feet into the boot the boots move with them, and vice-versa. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm trying everything I know but I'm not having much luck. I know there is probably a simple way to get around this and I'm an idiot for not knowing it. I know some people might think I'm nitpicking -- it looks like a great product -- but keep in mind that this is a RETAIL Daz3D product, not freestuff. Whats really pissing me off is that I paid quite a bit of money for this item and it is full of bugs. My opinion of Daz3D and its quality standards has just dropped quite a bit. I'd appreciate any help someone that is more experienced with Poser4 can give. Cheers

Lunaseas ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 7:34 PM

I don't know, I usually have to fiddle with the size of the legs and make the feet invisable.

InBlack ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 7:42 PM

file_177853.jpg

Ive tried making the feet invisible, but then the stumps stick out like this.

bushi ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 7:59 PM

Did you turn off the IK for the legs? I know that having it on can cause a lot of problems with conformed figures.

InBlack ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 8:02 PM

Yes i turned them both off. Still nothing.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 8:23 PM

In the readme it supposedly says to scale the feet to 75 percent to make it work .. that mostly works.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 8:23 PM

Shouldn't Anton be answering these questions? My husband bought me this suit as a surprise and I requested my money back from Daz because of this problem. They refunded my money and were very nice about it. I'm sure there is an easy fix, but to pay that kind of money and have this happen is not acceptable. Have you emailed Anton to ask how to handle this? Marque

bushi ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 8:26 PM

There may be an issue of which Vicky you're using. No, I don't mean V1 or V2. There have been several different varients of V1 as a result of fixing joint problems and the like. Over in the Vicky area at Daz3D, there is a download of the most recent version. You might try that since how the joints interact would depend on which version Anton used when he created it.

Questor ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 8:42 PM

I don't know how the Changing suit works as it's not something that caught my eye in particular, but the problem with the boots is something I've found to be common with Posette and Vickie. My solution is to make the feet invisible and (use the taper dial) taper the shins until they disappear inside the boots. However it's usually a good idea to pose the character first and get the feet/legs where you want them as it can be rather irritating trying to find an invisible object to fix a pose error. I appreciate that this is an unsatisfactory fix, but it's one that I use a lot as the feet almost always poke out of boots and shoes.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 9:13 PM

It is not an issue of version bushi .. It is simply a design issue that Anton said to "scale each of vicki's feet to 75% and turn them invisible. Then taper each of vicki's shins to 1%" And as for Anton responding. He should probably but commenting on his design ad talking about money was vulgar or something to that effect from his hair discussions that you had Margue. you said if you bought it it should fit .. he said it was fine for scaling and adjusting ...Not going past that. Have a good one and hope it works to scale, taper and make invisible.

InBlack ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 9:19 PM

Anton's website is down. Come to think of it, he hasnt posted here in ages. Where did he disappear to?

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 9:22 PM

Sorry if it's "vulgar" to say something sucks when it does. Why haven't there been renders of this product? For crying out loud, I have a RIGHT to state my opinion about a product if that's vulgar to your sensitive ears than don't sell products. You slay me Ghost. Get a life Marque

Poppi ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 9:22 PM

I have the fantasy suit. I played with it a couple of times. However, since I would have had to do alot of tweaking, I have not used it. If I am going to tweak, I will make my own stuff. I want things to do what they are supposed to out of the "box", so to speak. If they don't comply with this simple expectation; I don't use them, and probably would not buy anything from the vendor, again.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 9:25 PM

Oh, and I won't be spending any more of my vulgar money on Anton's products since that's the way he feels about it. Although I wonder that you didn't think that horrid message he sent me wasn't the height of bad taste? Marque

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 9:25 PM

Marque .. That was what HE said .. not me ... remember S I agree with you totally ... And sorry if it wasn't clear .. not gonna barb back.

InBlack ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 9:32 PM

Well, I think its a great looking item -- but if it has problems that severe then it should not have been released for sale at Daz3D. They have pretty high standards of quality there, and its shocking that they let this go. I cant believe that it wasnt tested properly. Even with the installation -- NOONE, neither Anton nor Daz's testers noticed that it installs to a misspelled default directory? Come on. Didnt they test the installation? Noone at Daz loaded the suit up on vicky and hit the Conform To button and noticed that her feet were sticking out the sides of the boots??? Daz is as much to blame for this as Anton is.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 9:52 PM

Sorry, I apologise Ghost, just bothered me that I'm vulgar cause I talk about the money I've spent on his stuff. I love the hippocampus, my husband got me that the same time he dropped $80 on the changing suit. The suit went back, the hippocampus stayed. He really needs to deal with whatever is bothering him if he wants to put his items out there for sale. If you remember the thing that started this before was because someone couldn't get the changing hair to work. I just won't buy his items anymore, and I have told my husband no more surprises. 8^) Again Ghost my apologies for sounding off to you. No excuse, but I'm hurting tonight and my temper is short. Marque

Destiny ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 9:54 PM

Seems to me with the money he charges for his products, they outta work WITHOUT tweaking anything. My daughter got he his hair, which I love, by the way, but I gotta spend at least 20 minutes getting it to fit right before I can use it :(

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 9:55 PM

I know ... Kind of bugs me too. And it is okay ... Just take it easy and don't hurt S

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 10:01 PM

Well, that was my point on the thread about the hair, but I really got slammed on that one. I did get the sunglasses and they also have to be tweaked out and then parented before they will work properly. I might have gotten the hair if he had ever told me whether or not people who owned the styles, and I have 4, would get any kind of a break on the price. It's too bad because he has talent, but I think sometimes he rushes things and then gets mad when people complain. For the suit and the maps my husband spent $80. He wanted to surprise me but he doesn't do Poser and he couldn't make the boots work. I played with it but it wasn't worth the hassle. Say what you will about the Traveler maps, (which bye the way I love) the armour conforms perfectly the first time and every time. I just wish he'd do some like it for the dork. hint hint Marque

BillyGoat ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 10:08 PM

It's been sooooo nice with him gone... Sorry, I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Destiny ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 10:18 PM

Ok..I've gotten a few things that I paid for or were gifts..and many,many things from Free Stuff. What I wanna know is how come Anton charges so much for his products?? I mean, they are nice..don't get me wrong..but when I see that many dollar signs on something, I would expect it to be perfect, straight out of the box. I've had free stuff that was easier to use...am I missing something here?

nitreug ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 10:38 PM

I hate to do tweaking on items that I pay for. Like Marque i did tweak the sungalsses for a while and left them aside. No time to spent on items that are not ready out of the box. Getting a patch later is worst because with the time How I can remember where the patch will reside on all my 500 CDs.

fiontar ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 11:16 PM

file_177854.jpg

I want to acknowledge upfront that this image is NOT what you would expect "out of the box" in Poser. It's a Bryce render and has taken a lot of tweaking for many of the elements. I'm not finished yet and still have a bit of work to get what I'm looking for. However, it does show what is possible with the VCFS when some work is put into it. I haven't had any more trouble with this item than any other clothing for Poser. I chose a non-default body type and we all should know by now that with Poser clothing, anything other than a default body is going to require some work to fit properly. Please read the instructions that came with the product. Anton gives very easy and complete instructions on getting the boots to work correctly. Vicky does not come with her feet in the proper position for heeled boots. Since the adjustments Anton details work well and provide excellent results, I don't understand what the problem is. My last project was rendered from just below the knees and up because I could not find footware that had the look I wanted and actually worked on the figure in different poses. For me, the boots are one of the best features and I can see myself using just the boots with other outfits in the future. I think it has been worth the effort to take the steps outlined in the readme. :-) Has it been trouble free? No. My character's body combines the teen and faerie body morphs, which required some patient work with magnets to get the proper fit. However, I played around with the VCFS on the default V2 body and it required very little tweaking, no more than most other poser clothing. This is a limitation of Poser more than the clothing itself... I have a few gripes that apply to most clothing items available for sale. Knowing the fit limitations of poser clothing, I wish that the creators would build more morphs into the items designed to allow for better fitting to non-default figures with out magnets. This seems to be getting through, but we still aren't there yet. Cost? Yes, I found it expensive. However, it has allowed me to get the look I wanted with a lot less effort than my last project, where I had to improvise the outfit and utilize layer compositing in PSP to get the end result. The VCFS has made my current project a lot easier. I can change poses more easily with out having to re-tweak everything. There are so many texture combinations with the first, optional texture set by Symphony, combined with all the selectable variations for each part of the suit, that I know I will be able to get a lot of use out of it for future projects. I wish it and the optional textures were each $10 cheaper, but it's been the best purchase I've made, next to Vicky 2.0 I've experienced a lot of buyers remorse with other Poser products, but this isn't one of them. And no, I don't work for DAZ and Anton didn't pay me to say all this! :-)

InBlack ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 12:17 AM

Fiontar you are missing the point. Noone said that it was a bad product -- I wouldnt have gotten it if it werent appealing. The fact is that it is a poser product with a price on the higher end of the spectrum, and one expects a certain level of quality when you buy something from Daz - especially at that price. I can take something from freestuff that has some bugs in it, spend a few hours tweaking it, and come up with a brilliant render. But I shouldn't have to make any complicated adjustments when I purchase something. There is nothing about these 'adjustments' on Daz's site. Its rediculous, making the feet and toes invisible, scaling them to 75% and then tapering the shins to 1%????? Its a joke, and if Anton would have spent some time getting this product right then we wouldnt have any problems. I'm not even going to get into the spelling mistake in the default installation directory that is probably causing hundreds of less computer-literate people headaches. This was the first Anton product that I have ever bought, and the last. As for Daz, they better smarten up -- this reflects on them even worse than on Anton, who doesnt give a damn anyway. Apparently he just wanted to get the damn thing out as fast as possible and start raking in his money. Daz should have a warning underneath the item stating that "modifications to your victoria character are necessary in order for this product to function".

nitreug ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 1:00 AM

Again like I Mention in many posts, the quality is not always there. If someone like renderosity or daz3d want to broker items from the different artists then both of them need to ensure quality. Today, both of them want to make money and us as customers suffer from the quality of those products. How many of you have bought items that after rendering and tweaking, decide to leave the items aside? I believe a lot! Will you do it if you go to a regular store? NOT AN ELECTRONIC ONE?

soulhuntre ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 3:02 AM

Well, I don't own the suit - but I DO know that there is an interesting meeting of worlds goign on :) To me, a suit of armor that got my project >DONE< is worth the money, even if I had to spend a few hours tweeking it. But then I do this sort of thing for a living (not poser yet, but general design and graphics work). I would compare it this way ... $80 or so for the fantasy suit, plus a few hours learning how to use it.... or more than 5-6 DAYS of my time in modeling, texturing and then all the problems of conformance and morphs - let's add a few more days to a week because it is not my skill. Care to guess what a week+ of my time is worth? Lot's more than $80. So for me... if it saves me time then it si worth the money. if not, it isn't. It's "perfection" isn't the issue to me. But then, I am looking at it from a totally different view than a hobbyist. I am doing this to get work done and make money - hopefully I will have fun too. Poser is saving our firm SO much time and money already (outside of the Daz/poser community a fully articulated IK chained posable female is in the thousands of dollars... and doesn' have stock clothing and so on at all) that the $80 is not an issue. Does that mean you are wrong to return a product you don;t like? Not at all! Does that mean someone can sell you bad stuff and expect you to cry with joy? Nope. What it DOES mean is that conforming clothing to multiple morphed bodies in multiple poses is the single most difficult problem in graphics today, and it is NOT going to be perfectly solved by software as cheap as poser and an $80 clothing pack. No way, no how. So... by all means demand your money back if your not satisfied - but you might want to make sure you know what youre actually asking before you demand perfection for 80$ in this area. Hopefully, you will see that I am not insulting anytone here - nor am I defending anyone at all. I am simply saying that poser has limitations in the areas of conforming and clothing - it always will.

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 4:59 AM

By the by, I hate it when people make assumptions about your directory structure. Why assume your user has Poser installed on drive C:? Why assume it's in "Program files"? Who in their right mind names their directories after software companies? Etc etc.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 7:17 AM

Soulhuntre, it isn't so much the amount of money, I also do this for a living. It's the attitude of the "artist". You do this for a living you say. You come to me with your work that you are proud of, that I am paying for. I don't happen to like something about it. Do you say to me "we can work this out" and give it a try? Or do you insult me and pitch a fit, and tell anyone who will listen what a terrible person I am because I don't like your product. If I ever treated one of my clients the way Anton has treated me I wouldn't have a business. It's not so much the price it's the attitude. If something is wrong, it's wrong. The total hair is an example. There were problems with it. We complained. And he came back with an updated version that is amazing. He listened to his customers and made it right. As a result, I will tell anyone looking for that type of product that he is the one to buy from. I'm so sick of hearing the same old song, oh, you should see what they are charging at Zygote for one female model. Didn't buy that model. And I'm tired of someone putting a product up and then getting their feelings hurt because we don't oooh and ahhhh over it. If it's put up for us to look at and admire .. fine. But if it's put up for me to buy, and there is something wrong with it, and the artist won't acknowledge it or me as a customer, I'm no longer a customer. And I never have asked for perfection, just a product that works without having someone tell me, oh you just aren't advanced enough to use this, or your system just can't handle it or any other number of excuses. We are an odd group of people in this community. We are willing to overlook a lot. But I can't overlook someone being rude to me and anyone else that has a valid concern about something we have paid our hard-earned money for, no matter how it's earned. Marque

soulhuntre ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 12:58 PM

I never said you should - as I mentioned I don;t knwo the guy and I fully agree you have the right to return anything your unhappy with. I am all for you upholding your standards in the products you buy, and I am the LAST person to "oooh and aaaah" over something I don't like :) My only point was top comment on the idea that it should be perfect "out of the box" when in poser nothing is :) I don't know the situation with him specifically, so I didn't comment on it.

Dmentia ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 2:17 PM

Sorry, its a huge thread and I got here late, I'll try to address what I can...don't get upset with me please if I missed something or accidentlly said something offensive, I'm not trying to offend any one, just answer the questions here to the best of my knowledge....That said...here's my responses hehe InBlack - I've been working with Anton alot on this suit, he's always happy to answer questions, did you email him about this?...We actually talked for a couple of hours about it, he hated vicki's feet, so never intended to have the boots fit them exactlly...We worked together and came up with a way to apply a transmap/matpose only to the shins/feet/toenails...If you'd like I can send you a copy of the pose file, the only problem is that its texture specific, but I can alter it to use what ever texture you are using on vicki, just send me your file path (to your vicki texture) and your email address to dmentia@infoave.net and I'll email you the pose to fix the problem you're having... Marque - Anton isnt answering this thread because he is no longer a member of renderosity...he decided it was in his best interest not to get involved in the forums here after the last fiasco which you should remember fairlly well... InBlack - Anton is still around, he answers his email religiouslly, he just doesnt come here and comment, and after the last beating he took, I dont really blame him...He's a genuinelly nice guy, and he does great work imo... Marque - there are tons of renders of this product, galleries are full of them, I've done several myself...its a great product and its no harder to work with than any other clothing item...plus its alot more versital than most... Destiny - Anton's products are no more expensive than any one elses for the versitility...take the VCFS for example...to buy the same number of possible suits individually you would pay alot more than the price of the fantasy suit...Anton generally creates his products for illustration...That suit was the first of its kind on the market, and Daz does sell quality products, they didnt have a problem with the suit or it wouldnt have gone into the store...Daz knew there were issues with Victoria's feet, notice all the new morph targets in vicki2's foot area?...Anton wanted the boots to look great, so he didnt make them fit the flat footed victoria... Fiontar - Beautiful render there! I love seeing that suit in action, it makes fantasy illustrations 100% easier :) Marque - You didnt even own the pony tail when you started commenting on it, thats what bugged Anton so bad, you were making assumptions about something you'd never even used...But its an old story, you and Anton worked out between yourselves as far as I know... Soulhuntre - your views are very logical - are you part vulcan? :) In the end I think its a wonderful product, and once you've gotten the hang of working with it, you can create a gazillion different works of art using it...its not a bad buy wether for business or for fun...

soulhuntre ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 2:53 PM

Now that you mention it - I think the decision to not try and fit the feet makes some sense :) Ah well... no I lust after the suit from seeing the pictures above. Someday I'll start making money with this stuff :)

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 3:51 PM

Hummm, so now it's my fault that he doesn't come in here. I am such a bad person that I ran him off. I know some things about your perfect Mr. Anton that I will not discuss here, suffice it to say he is not worth getting shook up about. I am really tired of being made to look like the bad guy here, please someone post the threads where I was so horrible to him, because I really don't think I was that bad. The thread I believe you are referring to was started because someone was very disappointed with that model. Also, I owned 4 of his styles that were in the changing hair style before he brought it out and myself and others here asked for and never got an answer as to whether or not he would give us a discount on the styles we already have. Don't see myself buying a new model to get one style. He never answered and so I didn't buy it. Now I am done with this, so twist it as you like to maintain the idea that I'm such a mean and spiteful person to dear ole Anton. Marque

fiontar ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 4:06 PM

I understand that it is frustrating to spend money on a Poser item and not be happy with it, for what ever reason. I have two clothing items from a well respected modeler that I never use, because I was never able to get what I wanted out of them, even with heavy tweaking. I've been happier with the VCFS than any other clothing product I have bought, which is one reason I felt another view needed to be represented here. I don't think that the instructions for getting the boots to work are at all unreasonable or advanced. You aren't sacrificing anything other than taking ten seconds to make the adjustments. As you can see from the way the feet poke out with out the adjustment, Vicky's feet are not posed by default for high heel boots. Anton could have contorted the boots to match the feet, but then you would have to manually adjust the pose of the feet AND boots everytime you applied a new pose. As is, every pose I've loaded has resulted in proper positioning of the boots. I would rather make a one time adjustment that offers excellent results, than have the boots contorted to Vicky and have to repose the feet constantly. As I said in the previous post, I think the boots are excellent and would use the suit just for the boots with other outfits. :-) InBlack, you posted here with the problem and asked for a possible solution. It's in the directions that came with the item, the fix is simple and works. I don't fault you for missing it, I don't always read the directions for everything unless I have a problem and need them! ;-) Also, Anton doesn't write Daz's installation program, so that's not his fault, though, for what ever reason, it installed fine on my system. If you decide to get a refund, that's totally up to you. However, I really think you should see if you can get the fix to work, then play with item before you decide to throw it and anything by Anton out the window. If you still don't think it is worth the price or effort, then so be it. However, I think you will be missing out on a great product that I have found to be worth every penny. :-) It's obvious that some of the posters have issues with Anton. Since I don't know him or the others here, I can't comment on who might be right and I wouldn't want to get involved anyway... A final note on prices, I looked at the changing hair that Anton has for sale on DAZ and personally found the $65 price tag way to high. If the hair offered a look I just had to have and there weren't any better alternatives, I might justify the cost. But just looking to add hair options for Vicky, I thought the price was outrageous. I guess it's all relative and depends on how much you want/need a particular item...

soulhuntre ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 7:22 PM

"I guess it's all relative and depends on how much you want/need a particular item... " Well said. Clearly there are some issues in this thread that seem to be axes ground without any regard to the technical issues - I can't comment on them but I don't find them particularly relevant. So from what I can tell, the boots don't fit until you make the adjustments.. then all is well. Fine by me :)

Debbie M. ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 11:04 PM

With all due respect to everyones opinions..... yes, we ALL have them G I'd like to state my opinion.......I LOVE Anton's products. Yeah, I have bought QUITE a few of his products, and I think they are of TOP quality, and I wait with baited breath for any of his new releases. Yes, I have to fiddle with the changing hair to get it just right, and I have to tweak the boots on the changing suit to get them just right as well, but all in all I feel that Anton's items are of superb quality in modeling. He has perfected simplicity in his changing dial products, the man IMHO is a genius!! And he has the best texture makers out there working with him on his items, Symphony & Dmentia, to assure the public that they get the best possible textures for his products. And as for the boots, have you noticed that Vicki's boots that come in the clothing pak don't fit perfectly either? they need to be tweaked to perfection as well?? Maybe not as drastic as Anton's boots, but hey, tweaking is tweaking. If you're gonna complain about Anton's boots, then complain about the Vicki clothing pak boots as well. And I can't WAIT till Friday when the expansion pak for his hair is released at Daz!! Remember, everyone has a right to their own opinions G

Debbie M.

Jen ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 11:11 PM

I totally agree with DebbieM. I love his changing hair and fantasty suit. Just go look at my gallery. I use them alot. Yes I may have to tweak them a bit. But lets face it, what dont you have to tweak. There is alot of things that need tweaking. I have to say the products that I have of his I love and think they are high quality! And I want that expansion hair pack too! He has always answered me when I emailed him. He is a very nice man.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 1:07 AM

I have no axe to grind, and I'm not telling anyone they shouldn't buy his products. I'm just saying that he attacks anyone who doesn't fawn over his stuff. I just won't be buying anything of his because of the way he treated me. End of story. What I want to know is, why is it that I unchecked the box for email me when someone replies but I keep getting dragged back into this thread. I'm done with it and Anton. You are correct when you say everyone has a right to their own opinion, I respect that. You will not hear from me again as far as this person or his products are concerned. Like I said, not worth the bother to me. Night Folks, Marque 8^)

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 5:03 AM

Re fiontar's comments on hair pricing. It's like paying $20,000 for a new car and finding that the leather seat covers are an extra $25,000. Vicky = $60 Vicky's hair = $65 Duh ... some mistake surely?

soulhuntre ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 5:23 AM

Another way to look at it it to see what models like this would cost you in any other system :)

Dmentia ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 8:10 AM

Ok, off the topic, but about the hair pricing...just a small comparison... Daz hair products 24.95 for updo textures sold seperatelly 9.95 19.95 for FlipHair 19.95 for GelCut 14.95 for Ponytail 79.80 total without textures for updo Anton's hair product 59.95 for VCPC with textures included It has the ability to do more than 4 styles which would cost you more buying each of them seperatelly as with the daz styles...plus he continues to develop for the changing pony tail and expansion packs cost less than the origional... So dollar for dollar which hair solution is actually the better deal?...

fiontar ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 11:11 AM

DMentia, on the hair... If I find I need one or more of those hairstyles, my opinion on price, for ME, might change. However, I will say that I personally think that this is a case where a price cut of 30% would probably double or triple the sales of the item. I have some money to spend on this stuff, but I do have to impose a budget. $65 breaks the bank and since I usually have at least half a dozen items in my "buy for Poser" que, I just can't seem to justify Paying $65 for the changing hair, when that money can buy three other items I want/need more. At $40-$45, it would have a much better chance of topping my "to buy" list, but as it is, it never works it's way that far up the que. :-) We can argue how much items are worth. I say that the total money made is more important than the money made off each sale. In the case of many of Anton's excellent products, I really believe he would sell a lot more and make more money in the long run, with slightly lower prices. I won't rule out that I may end up buying the changing hair in the future, but I just haven't needed any of those styles enough to justify blowing my entire budget. If you need a hair look that is in the changing hair, you don't mind a lot of tweaking to get the style right and there are no other good alternatives, then the hair would definitely be worth it. I just think the pricing means that it will continue to fill that niche need, rather than becoming a defacto standard, which it couild have been at a lower price. :-) Fiontar

rtamesis ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 12:15 PM

I started the thread that got Marque in trouble with Anton for her comments back in April. At the time, I said that his DaZ ponytail didn't fit Vicki's head despite following the Read Me instructions and that it took quite a bit of fiddling around on my own before I got it to fit properly. I got the ponytail because I needed it for a project, and over all I'm happy with it and didn't mind paying the price despite it not working out of the box. I've previously bought other models of his without any problems, but I posted the thread just to let people here know what my experience was with the model. What surprised me, however, was Anton's severe reaction to the criticism, especially to Marque's comments about her wanting things to work right before buying a product which I thought was reasonable. Anton may be a great artist and modeller, but his temperamental nature and the way he treated Marque makes me reluctant to buy anymore products from him no matter how good they are. Dmentia may defend him to the very end, but I say that if you want to run a business or provide a service, you have to treat your customers properly and listen to their criticisms without blowing your top and becoming sarcastic.

Chloe_Davis ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 5:39 PM

Wow. But I like Anton and his stuff. He is always so helpful. I don't understand why you guys are being so mean. His stuff works fine for me. Gee, no wonder he stopped coming here.

rtamesis ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 7:42 PM

He stopped coming over here because he was criticized for publicly accusing some people of being warez thieves. Before you call us mean for being offended by his shoddy treatment of Marque, why don't you first read the original thread with his comments to Marque and judge for yourself if he was being courteous and kind or just plainly condascending and disdainful to those who dare point out problems with his work?

rtamesis ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 7:46 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=268781

Here is the URL of that thread.

soulhuntre ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 8:44 PM

I think your all nuts :) That thread isn't that big a deal nor would I say it is big "evidence" in anyones favor. Me, I'd let it go.

rtamesis ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 9:25 PM

It wasn't that big a deal to me either until he got nasty to Marque. You're entitled to your opinion but as far as I'm concerned, I'll take my business elsewhere and support those artists that don't treat other people like dirt.

AprilYSH ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 9:49 PM

hey guys, just an input from a bystander: I reckon give Anton a break cos at the time he got nasty to Marque he was sufferring a lot from warez activity. Okay? I imagine it would be quite hard to handle an attack on your livelihood like warez activity... and then come upon a (totally unrelated and innocent) thread that says your product is less than perfect... well, you might blow up too on such a bad hair day ;) I don't know if he left rendo cos of the ponytail thread or the warez threadS ... I'd guess the warez threadS! And that's not Marque's fault. (Not that anybody said it was, but Marque might be thinking others were thinking that, so just to let you know Marque :) ) So, since this thread has become a "product quality and customer relations issue" instead of the original topic, how bout we do as soulhuntres said and let it go? :) Have a nice fairy download day!!! off to Thorne's

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Chloe_Davis ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 10:03 PM

Thank you rtamesis, I own the ponytail and after reading that link I agree with Anton. Marque didn't know what she was talking about. I would be mad too if someone made stuff up and spoke it as gospel. I do remember him asking Marque to leave him alone. Didn't he ask her to stop jumping into threads addressed to him? And didn't she agree?

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 9:47 PM

O.K., Guys. Can we leave Marque alone now. In a seperate thread, she apologized to Anton for any of her part in the affair. I have been pleased with Antons products, and own pretty much all of them myself, but I do agree that he might have been a little testy. We are all human, we all have a hard time sometimes. And yes, sometimes we take things out on others. As far as customer support, though, If you listen to most of his customers, he goes above and beyond. I am not defending Anton, nor Marque, but that thread wasn't everything, so stop blaming Marque and making her sound horrendous, O.K. Buy what you want, don't buy what you don't, and we can all be happy.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.