Thu, Oct 3, 1:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Serene Hair

majikart ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 2:42 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:18 AM

I recently purchased Serene Hair from Plus3D and With My new PC, I've been Manually dragging-n-dropping into the Poser program files; When I started putting the Serene Hair files in, It got a little frustrating because Plus3D was'nt clear about where some of the folders should go., Wanted to ask who Does have this same product Where does 'MT-SeleneHair' folder and 'SeleneHair_M' folder go in Poser 8, I've tried just putting it in the 'Runtime' folder like he said in the Readme file but that did'nt work,These files contain morph targets for this product, Anyone Know??, Thanks, Majikart.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 6:04 AM

I am assuming the folder SeleneHair_M is the actual hair and the MATs are MT-SeleneHair

The Hair is a .HR2 it will go in the following directory

Runtime/Libraries/Hair/SeleneHair_M

The Mats, which are .PZ2  go into the following directory

Runtime/Libraries/Pose/MT-SelenHAir

Hopes this helps :-)

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 6:38 AM

I own the Selene hair package and I'm wondering why you'd manually drag-and=drop the files when the zip is set up correctlly.

Now, kayjay997 is incorrect in the setup for the Selene Hair.  It is a conforming figure so you're going to put the SeleneHairV4.obj and the SeleneHairV4_M.obj into the Geometries folder (Runtime/Geometries/Hair).  The _M obj is the mirrored version of the hair.

Anything that says .jpg goes into the texture folder (Runtime/Textures/plus3d/Hair)

The  standard.pz2 files and their accompanying .png files go into the pose folder (Runtime/libraries/pose/MAT Selene Hair).

The MT-SeleneHair and MT-SeleneHair_M are the folders containing the morph targets for the hair and those are set to drop into the Runtime itself (Runtime/MT-SeleneHair and Runtime/MT-SeleneHair_M)

I'll admit I don't have Poser 8 but the runtime setup for Poser 8 can't be so much different that just running your zip program won't put things where they're supposed to go.  I don't understand what you mean when you say dropping the MT folders into the Runtime didn't work.  If you look at the folder structure inside the two zips, and you make sure that your extraction program is set to use folder names, you should be able to extract to the appropriate places without having to drag and drop.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 7:52 AM

Sorry, I don't have the hair and pulled the Selene Universal prop readme  instead

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 9:49 AM

I would suggest you read the 'ReadMe' file.  Most, if not all, vendors give a detailed listing where all the file go.  Poser 8 is not any different than previous versions where runtime structure is concerned.  Simply move or install the runtime folder from your zip into the core Poser folder.  Or, better yet, create an external runtime for hair and install the contents there.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:07 AM

The only things I have in my core folder are the base DAZ characters and, even then I have them in an external runtime as well.  This works the best for me.

All of my stuff is out in external runtimes, organized the way it works best for me.  The hair files, for example, are in a folder named Hair and then separated by vendor site:  Renderosity, RDNA and DAZ.

Again, my organization is what works best for me but I love keeping like items together.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

majikart ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 1:36 PM

Victoria_Lee: In answer to your curiosity, I had Poser 7 in my older PC, Like I've mentioned in earlier forum threads,I had no problem unzipping Poser-related Items into Poser 7, I unzip,Create a path to the runtime folder inside Poser 7(Which is 'Downloads') Press 'OK', Goes in, --Done--; Flash forward to New PC and Poser 8, I unzip the files, Create the path into Poser 8 (Same Folder-Downloads)Press OK, But instead of putting them in like in Poser 7, A window pops up showing how far i've gone and wo'nt go any further, Like a baggage handler at an airport who will take your stuff out of the car but instead of taking it to baggage check-in then to the plane,It's just left there on the curb.......????????.
    Now,My old PC had WINRAR, But My new PC only has Windows 7 Professional; Does WINZIP and WINRAR Unzip your files  AND install them in the correct folders in Poser 8??
  The sooner I can get this resolved, The sooner I can stop dropping files into Poser 8 Piece-by-piece; Anywhos, In the Meantime, MT-SeleneHair goes into Runtime-Libraries-Pose and the SeleneHair_M goes into Runtime-Libraries-Hair ??.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 1:37 PM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 1:37 PM

file_449273.jpg

A picture (click to view) instead of words... showing the top folder structure and the contents of the Geometries folder, as saved in my product archive.

The ReadMe folder may originally have been down one level, and it may have been called ReadMe's.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 1:46 PM

I've never used the native zip program in Windows but I have used both WinZip (which I prefer) and WinRar and have never had a problem using either of them.

I have Windows 7 on my laptop and WinZip works just fine when I'm transferring a zip over for on-the-road work.  Since the folder structure in Poser 8 is exactly the same as it is in Poser 7 you shouldn't have any problems using a 3rd-party program to unzip.  Like I said, I prefer WinZip and have been with them since ver. 4. 

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

majikart ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 3:00 PM

file_449285.JPG

When i look inside both these files, This snap shot shows that they are Morph Targets, I'm Assuming that 'MT' stands for that; I looked in the Geometries-Hair files but could'nt locate any 'Morph Target' folders; Do these two Folders belong in a Morph-Target related folder and, If so, Where's this folder located, hborre: I've checked out 3Dplus's Serene Hair Readme's and He was very vague on where these Folders should go; I tried contacting him and It's been about 5 days ago and 3Dplus still has'nt replied;  Like I said earlier, I dropped it in the Runtime folder but that did'nt work, I want to avoid creating any New 'Runtime' folders until I can get a better handle and understanding of Poser 8, Alot of times I really wish it was like Poser 7.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 3:10 PM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 3:15 PM

file_449286.jpg

I'm not hborre (sorry!) but I can't really see the problem. The files in your archive screenshot are in exactly the same folder that they should be in after you expand the archive. See attached screenshot (on my Mac, but it's the same structure).

Edit: I think all you need to do is expand the archive file into an existing Library folder (the level above the Runtime folder) making sure you select the option to use folder paths.

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 3:38 PM

I own this product, and Selene Hair's zip file is structured properly. All you need to do is unzip to the folder containing your runtime... just as the case with pretty much every Poser product available here.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

majikart ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 3:48 PM

Quote - I own this product, and Selene Hair's zip file is structured properly. All you need to do is unzip to the folder containing your runtime... just as the case with pretty much every Poser product available here.

Tried that, read my second comment, I have to get either Winrar or WinZip but in the meantime I have to find out where these 2 folders go.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 4:00 PM

majikart, I have taken a look at Plus3D's readme file for Selene Hair (typo in your OP), and if you scroll down, you will find the listing of folders where all the files should go.  The information is not cryptic but it can be a little confusing.  Look at your taskbar browser window in the screencap.  The file pathway clearly shows those files in the folder where they should be. 
To answer your original post, MT-SeleneHair and SeleneHair-M folders go independently within thr runtime folder.  Those are your morph targets; the Inj-Rem files in your pose folder will refer to them.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 4:06 PM

hborre is bsolutely correct.  The two morph target folders just contain the deltas the INJ Morphs pose calls.  They don't show as individual pose files.  After injection, the deltas will show up under the neck body part.  You have them where they belong so don't move them out of the Runtime where they are.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 4:08 PM

Quote - > Quote - I own this product, and Selene Hair's zip file is structured properly. All you need to do is unzip to the folder containing your runtime... just as the case with pretty much every Poser product available here.

Tried that, read my second comment, I have to get either Winrar or WinZip but in the meantime I have to find out where these 2 folders go.

That's incorrect; you don't need Winrar or WinZip. Any unzip program worth its salt asks you where you are extracting to. (I personally use Filzip, which is also free.)

The important thing to remember is not to extract to the runtime itself, but its containing folder. Otherwise your files will end up going one level deeper.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 4:14 PM

Hm, waitaminue? Where is the Downloads folder? Is it inside Programs? and you're on Windows 7? You're probably fighting a permissions issue, is my guess.... I wouldn't install any content in the Programs folder if I were on Win 7 (I'm still using XP Pro).

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 4:15 PM

Quote -
That's incorrect; you don't need Winrar or WinZip. Any unzip program worth its salt asks you where you are extracting to. (I personally use Filzip, which is also free.)

The important thing to remember is not to extract to the runtime itself, but its containing folder. Otherwise your files will end up going one level deeper.

Just point it to the folder you want to extract to.  In my case it would be Hair/Renderosity Hair/  since I use external runtimes for all of my downloaded content.  Do not point to the Runtime because, as Believable3D says, the content will then extract to Runtime/Runtime and things won't work right. 

This is one of the reasons we all set our zips to extract to Runtime/ so that it doesn't matter if you use the base Runtime folder, the Downloads folder or an external folder, everything goes where it belongs.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 4:31 PM

In Poser 7 itself there is the main Runtime and there is a folder named Downloads which is also a Runtime.

No I'm not fighting permissions, I've been using Poser since Ver. 4 so I know where everything goes and how to use the runtimes.  Poser 5 was the first to come with an "external" runtime (even though it's located in the main program file)

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

IsaoShi ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 4:55 PM

Quote - ....but in the meantime I have to find out where these 2 folders go.

The answer is precisely as described and shown above. Those two folders go directly in the Runtime folder. This is where they are located in the archive file, as shown in the address bar in your own screenshot.

majikart ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 8:51 PM

Quote - Hm, waitaminue? Where is the Downloads folder? Is it inside Programs? and you're on Windows 7? You're probably fighting a permissions issue, is my guess.... I wouldn't install any content in the Programs folder if I were on Win 7 (I'm still using XP Pro).

It does ask administrative permission and then I click on 'Continue' (This usually happens when I'm Dragging-n-Dropping files into the folders) and they do go in when I'm doing it manually.

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 8:54 PM

I'm not saying the issue is getting them in. The problem may be using them later....

majikart ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 9:03 PM

Quote - I'm not saying the issue is getting them in. The problem may be using them later....

I have no problem using them later, When I launch Poser 8, Everything's all there, all the other Poser-related stuff with about 4-to-6 folders zipped-up I put in, They're all there in the library; It's just This particular file not only has me scratching My head, It also makes me want to find how I can install the files without doing it manually.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 9:06 PM

If you read my previous post you'll understand you don't do anything with this.

The deltas are there because there are pose files that are called "Inject Morphs" and "Inject Morphs_M".  If you have the hair selected and you doubleclick on the appropriate INJ file then the pose file will inject those deltas into the hair.  This is not something you have to do anything about.  Just put the folders in the main Runtime and leave them alone.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

majikart ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 9:21 PM

O.K., Before it gets any messier(And I checked my messages and I got a reply from one of it's authors), I'm gonna take all the Serena Hair folders out and start over again; I will digest and try what all of you suggested(And I appreciated Very Much your help and input in this); Victoria_Lee said something about 'Not the Runtime folder but the 'Poser 8' folder that contains it,That If I go one level deeper in to the runtime folder than I'm "Drilling too deep"; Think that would be a good idea??, 

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 9:29 PM

You don't need to take the Selene Hair folders out at all.  According to your screenshots, everything is where it's supposed to be.

I get the feeling that having the MT folders just sitting in the Runtime is what's bothering you.  Don't let it.  That's where plus3d coded the deltas to reside so if they sit in Runtime they're just fine.

Yes, you want to point your extraction program to the main folder but, since you're  installing manually, then the folders would need to go where they're shown in the Readme.  If you look at it, you'll see the setup.  We all do this and if you need help, just give me a shout on sitemail and I'll pull up my copy of the Readme and try to explain it it you.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 9:37 PM

Victoria_Lee, you can open the readme txt directly from the product page.  It saves you the trouble from fishing through your own content.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:16 PM

You don't know how organized I am.  I know exactly where the zips are out on an external drive that has a partition just for my Poser content but thanks for the suggestion.

I'm hoping that majikart listens to us about not pulling everything.  I think they're just confused about what morph targets are and thinks they should be like regular pose files.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:20 PM

I agree.  Every file has it's place but others lurk in the background waiting to be called upon.

majikart ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 2:20 AM

Quote - I agree.  Every file has it's place but others lurk in the background waiting to be called upon.

Yes,I agree with both of you on that, I think this is the first time that I had to deal with Morph target files; All the other files are clean-cut and I know exactly where the files are, But as you can tell by my threads, This is close to a huge curveball for me; I'll explore it further and I'll keep you informed,Thanks again, Brian(Majikart).

majikart ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 2:55 AM

I tried it out just a few minutes ago and I'm here to inform you that I DID IT!,  not only did I get Selene hair working, You  guys pointed out how to install the files so I don't have to Drag-n-drop anymore; You're all Awesome, You all Rock!, Thanks again, Brian(Majikart).

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 8:49 AM

Good to hear, Brian.

Morph targets aren't tricky, they're just a little confusing the first timeyou encounter them.  Now you've done that so one more item crossed off the learning curve list.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.