Tue, Oct 1, 5:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 8:55 am)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: FREE DS-LuxRender Plugin

SB3D-Traci ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 11:40 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 5:31 PM

A free plugin to DS/LuxRender:
LuxRenderDS Plugin Version 0.7.2.6 (Win32)
DAZ Studio 3.1でLuxRenderを使うためのプラグインです。LuxRenderはバージョン0.8に対応しています。

LuxRender Export Plugin for DAZ Studio 3.1
This plugin doesn't need Reality.
http://tofusan.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/download.html (scroll down to near the bottom)

kylumi ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 12:43 PM

Dont' touch the one ABOVE guys.....if you want to get Luxrender go here for 0.8RC4:

http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/index

SB3D-Traci ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 1:01 PM

Quote - Dont' touch the one ABOVE guys.....if you want to get Luxrender go here for 0.8RC4:

Would you like to tell my why you would say such a thing?

This is a PLUGIN for DS to LuxRender.  A FREE one. 

Does the same thing as Reality without the cost and arrogance of the Reality author.

You really need to chill.

kylumi ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 1:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - Dont' touch the one ABOVE guys.....if you want to get Luxrender go here for 0.8RC4:

Does the same thing as Reality without the cost and arrogance of the Reality author.

A couple of reasons....

1. Your first post which is transcribed with some Japanese Hieroglyphics.

2. Your link to a "blog" site!

3. No it will not do the same as Reality or offer the same plugins.

4. And, your insulting remarks about Paolo Ciccone, the author of Reality just goes to   show what little you know about Reality users.

If you wish to show the folks at Rendo what may be freely available to them it would be nice to see some of your screen-shots of the software.

Also, you don't know me very well either.....I am always chilled, lol!

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 2:07 PM · edited Tue, 21 June 2011 at 2:10 PM

On one hand -( http://tofusan.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/download.html )- you get a Zip with a .dll and a readme file that looks like this...  (bellow) and no real intruction as to where to put the i .dll.  If it works..

LuxRenderDS version 0.7.2.4 / alpha

‚±‚̃vƒ‰ƒOƒCƒ“‚ÍDAZ Studio‚Å쬂µ‚½ƒV[ƒ“‚ðLuxRender‚ŃŒƒ“ƒ_ƒŠƒ“ƒO‚·‚é
‚½‚߂̃f[ƒ^‚ðo—Í‚·‚éƒGƒNƒXƒ|[ƒ^‚Å‚·B

XV—š—ðF
2011/06/09 Version 0.7.0.0

2011/06/10 Version 0.7.0.1
    EVC2008ƒ‰ƒ“ƒ^ƒCƒ€‚ɃfƒoƒbƒO”Å‚ðŽg—p‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚½–â‘è‚ðC³

2011/06/13 Version 0.7.1.0
    EOutput Folder‚Ì‘I‘ðƒ{ƒ^ƒ“‚ªŒø‚¢‚Ä‚¢‚È‚¢–â‘è‚ðC³B
    EOutput Folder‚ɉ½‚à“ü—Í‚³‚ê‚Ä‚¢‚È‚¢ê‡‚̑ΈB
    EAbsorption‚É•âF‚ðŽw’è‚·‚éƒIƒvƒVƒ‡ƒ“‚ð’ljÁ(Complementary Color)B
    EWorld Volume‚ðŽw’è‚Å‚«‚é‚悤‚É‚µ‚Ü‚µ‚½B
    EVolume Integrator‚ð‘I‘ð‰Â”‚É‚µ‚Ü‚µ‚½B
    EƒfƒtƒHƒ‹ƒg‚ÌVolume Integrator‚ðmulti‚©‚çsingle‚É•ÏXB
    EƒŒƒ“ƒ_ƒŠƒ“ƒOƒvƒŠƒZƒbƒg‚ÉSPPM‚ð’ljÁ(‘Ήž‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚éLuxRender‚ª•K—v)B
    Eƒ}ƒeƒŠƒAƒ‹ƒ^ƒCƒv‚ð•ÏX‚µ‚½‚Æ‚«AF‚ƃeƒNƒXƒ`ƒƒ‚ðŽ©“®Ý’è‚·‚é‚悤‚É•ÏXB

2011/06/18 Version 0.7.2.2
    EƒCƒ“ƒXƒ^ƒ“ƒX‹@”‚ð“‹ÚB
    EMaterialƒ^ƒu‚ÌPaste‚̃oƒO‚ðC³B
    EPaste‚ðŽÀs‚µ‚½‚Æ‚«A•Ž¦‚ªXV‚³‚ê‚È‚¢–â‘è‚ðC³B

2011/06/18 Version 0.7.2.4
    EƒfƒtƒHƒ‹ƒg‚ÌAccelerator‚ðtabreckdtree¨kdtree‚É•ÏX
    Eƒƒ‚ƒŠÁ”ï‚ð—}‚¦‚éƒIƒvƒVƒ‡ƒ“uReduce Memory Consumptionv‚ð’ljÁB
        i‚±‚̃IƒvƒVƒ‡ƒ“‚ÍAccelerator‚Éqbvh‚ðŽg—p‚µ‚Ü‚·Bj  etc... etc...

unintelligible scribble..

On the other hand.. ( http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/index ) you are led back to an affiliate od Daz Studio and charged Money.. 

So can anyone clarify any of this....

I hope this is not wares..!!??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kylumi ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 2:22 PM

I just didn't want to mention that word "WAREZ".....lol!

kylumi ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 2:27 PM

Reality is the interface between Daz3 and Lux Render.......Reality is a retail item from PretA3D and Lux Renderer is FREE from the Lux Site....which is the link I gave in the second post.

SB3D-Traci ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 2:38 PM

Oh for heaven's sake!  This is a FREE interface from DS to LuxRender.  A dll.

Kylumi, I happen to know quite a lot about Reality.  Especially since I OWN it.

I am, however, entitled to my opinion that I was a fool to pay for it.  And also entitled to my opinion that the author of Reality is an arrogant *ss.

klown ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 3:48 PM

Quote - > Quote - Dont' touch the one ABOVE guys.....if you want to get Luxrender go here for 0.8RC4:

I can't not believe you actually attributed the word "Arrogance" to the author of the Reality plug-in, that is completely out of line. Pret-A-3D has been sublime with supportting this plug-in for a number of platforms and his response time for fixes should be something the rest of the computer industry should be taking notes on.

Purchasers of Reality 1.0 got free updates to Reality 1.2 and 1.25. Have you even tried this version? it's Windows 32 bit only and the only promo I've seen so far was a grainy interior shot, and if you can decipher that read me it might cast some light on how it works. If it's just dumping the data out of DS to Lux then it's really worthless because without the tools to modify surfaces and without the hundreds of predefined shaders in Reality (most of which get automatically identified so you don't have to sort though them) just pushing it out to Lux is not going to something between a novelty and a train wreck.

but arrogant? Seriously, you need to chill.

tofusan ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 7:43 PM

Please settle down.

I developed this plug-in so that I might enjoy it. I do not think the deprivation of the share of Reality. I also buy, and am using Reality. However, Reality was not a product that satisfied me. Therefore, I am developing this.

This plug-in is an Alpha version. It is not the one to secure steady operation. Therefore, I do not advertise, and am not making an English document. Please use it by YOUR OWN RISK when using it.

Thanks.

bob1965 ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 7:59 PM

Yeah, I can clarify a few things for ya.

1. This is a FREE plug-in for DS3 32bit to interface with Lux.

2. There is no link back or request for money at any point in the download of this freebie as erroneously implied above.

3. Tofusan is a long respected member of the Poser/DS community and has provided freebies on his blog for a number of years.

4. Japanese users tend to use blogs as a method to announce their items. This is not unusual.

5. There is no English language readme and it is less than sensible to expect such from a non-English speaker. I'm sure the reademe makes perfect sense in Japanese.

6. It's a DLL because that is the plug-in structure for DS, note that Reality is also a .dll.

7. It is inappropriate for a forum coordinator to engage in intimating that an item is warez. This exactly opposite of what you should be doing in your position.

8. The plug-in itself works very well and does an excellant job of converting DS materials and settings to a Lux scene.

9. This can be accomplished manually or automatically. It is simple to use either way and doesn't really require an instructional readme for anyone that is familiar with DS and or Lux.

10. The plug-in may be Win32 however this does not prevent Win64 users from using Luxrender 64bit.

11. The "grainy" interrior example is a result of the Lux render not being allowed to iterate for long enough. The previous has nothing to do with the free DS2Lux exporter.

Clear now?

I have a render going and when it is finsihed I will post it and screen shots of the exporter interface for the uninformed.

klown ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 8:21 PM

I'm not seeing any materials when I use it unless I select one surface at a time manually from the Studio Viewport, the LuxRender materials list is always empty. I can't modify the surfaces other than change the presets, and sometimes it renders with textures, sometimes it doesnt, it also doesn't kick off LuxRender by itself.

I'm using LuxRender 8.4, Windows 7 64 bit and Daz Studio 3.1.2.32 for 32 and 64 bit. My system has 12 GB RAM

bob1965 ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 8:41 PM

No it does not kick off Lux by itself but it is relatively simple to double click the Lux icon and open the .lxs file generated by the exporter.

Not sure what you have going on with the materials. All I had to do was select one material and use the automated conversion to build the rest. I haven't had any texture issues. Not having any problems adjusting materials on this end.

I'm on a Windows 64Bit workstation with 32Gb RAM, current Luxrender stable release, DS 3.1.2.32

This is an alpha project at this point so some variances bewtween user results are to be expected.

tofusan ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 8:54 PM
  1. Please open the Settings dialog in options menu of luxrender tab, and set the luxrender path and default output path.

2. Create your favorite scene in DAZ Studio.

3. Click "Setup all Materials and Lights" button on Tools tab.

4. Select any material in DAZ Studio by surfaces tab, or click material in 3D-View by using surface selection tool.  and you can edit material information in Material page of luxrender tab.

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 9:45 PM · edited Tue, 21 June 2011 at 9:47 PM

Your DS to Lux plug-in is impressive, Tofusan.  It is very easy to use and yields great results.  I downloaded it last night (6/20) and was able to use it immediately, after using Google to translate your web page.  I have posted the third render that I did, using Lux and your plug-in.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/52602/browse/1/3D-and-2D-Art/Arigato-Tofusan!!

Thanks for making it a freebie!!  I'm glad you're on this thread, so I can give feedback and ask questions.

tofusan ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 10:23 PM · edited Tue, 21 June 2011 at 10:23 PM

Hello, nakamuram. Thank you for making the beautiful scene by using my plug-in. I am very glad to see your great picture.

Thank you very much.
Arigato. ;-)

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 10:42 PM

@ bob1965....

quote:

7. It is inappropriate for a forum coordinator to engage in intimating that an item is warez. This exactly opposite of what you should be doing in your position.

I'm sorry but I was not intending on intimidating anyone...  !

I was merely trying to find out about the software and as a coordinator it is my job to ask..

I did not say : "THIS IS WAREZ! " ... i ASKED.. i SAID*:  "*So can anyone clarify any of this....   I hope this is not wares..!!??"

If this software is what you say it is then my question is answered...!!!

I do not wish to be apart of this argument...

BTW..

Renderosity has zero tolerance for warez...    It could cost a member to get banned..

Thank you..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 10:45 PM

Tofusan,

My scene setup and render is nothing special -- no special lighting or textures.  Your plug-in and Lux Render did all the hard work!!  I just pressed your "Setup All Materials and Lights" button, then "Render".

Body Texture is VON200's free "Bonnie."  Furniture, hair and clothes textures are standard "out of the box."

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 11:07 PM

I don't think there is any question that Tofusan's renderer is original.  I purchased and returned Reality a few months ago (I felt that the problems I encountered were due to Lux, not Reality) .  Tofusan's renderer is a lot easier to use, and has a very different UI. 

His installation is simple, -- unzip and put the .dll file in the DS plugins directory.

To use, just make the "LuxRender" tab visible in DS.

To render, just press "Setup All Materials and Lights" button, then press "Render".

bob1965 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 12:14 AM

Quote - @ bob1965....

quote:

I'm sorry but I was not intending on intimidating anyone...  !

I was merely trying to find out about the software and as a coordinator it is my job to ask..

I did not say : "THIS IS WAREZ! " ... i ASKED.. i SAID*:  "*So can anyone clarify any of this....   I hope this is not wares..!!??"

If this software is what you say it is then my question is answered...!!!

I do not wish to be apart of this argument...

BTW..

Renderosity has zero tolerance for warez...    It could cost a member to get banned..

Thank you..

That's great white wash and all but I said intimating not intimidating and the way you presented yourself implied a suspicion based on minimal research.

I'm well aware that there is a zero tolerence policy for warez however using that as a parting shot does not excuse the tone of the posting.

If you didn't want to be part of the "arguement" you should have not "stirred the pot" and simply verfied the validity of the plug-in and host site then acted as necessary according to policy.

A member's first post on the site really shouldn't have to be in defense of a free plug-in generously provided for the community to use. This is especially problematic when admin is involved in the attack on the member.

It's an attack because of the unfounded implication and the derogatory comments in regard to the member.  Any disagreements concerning posting style should have been directed toward the OP rather than toward Tofusan, who had nothing to do with the thread creation.

The type of responses exhibited in this thread go a long way toward explaining why many content providers choose to leave the community.

/Chastisement off

bob1965 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 12:16 AM · edited Wed, 22 June 2011 at 12:20 AM

file_470101.jpg

93S/p render - scene setup for Lux using the auto functions - Lux 0.8 CL stable 64Bit

kylumi ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 3:24 AM · edited Wed, 22 June 2011 at 3:29 AM

The whole debate was started by a very ambiguous and nefarious looking FIRST post by SB3D-Traci, albeit with best intentions. However, a post of this nature should have been accompanied by additional information, screen-shots and authors origins etc. I see nothing wrong with tom271'S response to the post, in fact he actually asks the question "so can anyone clarify any of this"?  He made no accusations or statements regarding either the content or posting author.  If this post had turned up on any of my sites it would have been immediately removed and the poster would have been contacted after the removal.  Using links from a post to a downloadable application is risky business unless, the such links can be proven bona fide from the off.  The delete mechanism is in place on sites such as Renderosity in order to protect both members and the site in general from posts which may contain undesirable content.

Its also interesting in this particular instance that the software on offer, is in "Alpha" stage, that fact on its own should have been explained in the original post, as there is a likely potential user risk involved.  After reading through this thread, I now have no doubt that Tofusans "plug-in" has some mileage associated to it.  But, Tofusan himself, clearly states, he made it for his own use, without advertisement and warns, use at your own risk.  That is the information which should have been declared in the very first post of this thread..............which, in fact would advertisement by a third party.

On a lighter side I may be looking at this myself, sometime.  But, to be honest I am hooked on Reality and would only be interested in Tofusans product after its final release and, only then if its supported.

tokejr ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 6:25 AM

Quote - The whole debate was started by a very ambiguous and nefarious looking FIRST post by SB3D-Traci, albeit with best intentions. However, a post of this nature should have been accompanied by additional information, screen-shots and authors origins etc. I see nothing wrong with tom271'S response to the post, in fact he actually asks the question "so can anyone clarify any of this"?  He made no accusations or statements regarding either the content or posting author.  If this post had turned up on any of my sites it would have been immediately removed and the poster would have been contacted after the removal.  Using links from a post to a downloadable application is risky business unless, the such links can be proven bona fide from the off.  The delete mechanism is in place on sites such as Renderosity in order to protect both members and the site in general from posts which may contain undesirable content.

Its also interesting in this particular instance that the software on offer, is in "Alpha" stage, that fact on its own should have been explained in the original post, as there is a likely potential user risk involved.  After reading through this thread, I now have no doubt that Tofusans "plug-in" has some mileage associated to it.  But, Tofusan himself, clearly states, he made it for his own use, without advertisement and warns, use at your own risk.  That is the information which should have been declared in the very first post of this thread..............which, in fact would advertisement by a third party.

On a lighter side I may be looking at this myself, sometime.  But, to be honest I am hooked on Reality and would only be interested in Tofusans product after its final release and, only then if its supported.

It is THIS exact behavior of Reality Cultists which turn so many off the product.

You might want to think about how much your behavior turns off potential customers and does much more harm than good.

Had you bothered to follow the link, you would have discovered an artist who GIVES to the community, rather than MILKS it for every dime it can like Paolo does.

You owe some people an apology.

kylumi ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 8:37 AM

Quote - > Quote - The whole debate was started by a very ambiguous and nefarious looking FIRST post by SB3D-Traci, albeit with best intentions. However, a post of this nature should have been accompanied by additional information, screen-shots and authors origins etc. I see nothing wrong with tom271'S response to the post, in fact he actually asks the question "so can anyone clarify any of this"?  He made no accusations or statements regarding either the content or posting author.  If this post had turned up on any of my sites it would have been immediately removed and the poster would have been contacted after the removal.  Using links from a post to a downloadable application is risky business unless, the such links can be proven bona fide from the off.  The delete mechanism is in place on sites such as Renderosity in order to protect both members and the site in general from posts which may contain undesirable content.

It is THIS exact behavior of Reality Cultists which turn so many off the product.

You might want to think about how much your behavior turns off potential customers and does much more harm than good.

Had you bothered to follow the link, you would have discovered an artist who GIVES to the community, rather than MILKS it for every dime it can like Paolo does.

I am taking a responsible position regarding what initially looked like a nefarious post. I have also given good reasons as to why that post looked suspicious.  I also LATER gave indications as to the good intentions of the poster in question. I have not added any detriment to the author of the software itself but, simply quoted him.

Your views on Reality cultism and how it affects potential purchases are unsubstantiated and without merit. Personal preferences do not make cultist persona's.

Furthermore, I have approached this topic without slander/flaming of any individual/person.  Unfortunatley, there are three individuals in this thread alone who have now and in the past mentioned a highly respected author/vendor of the Reality Plug-In [by name], as a person of dubious character.

I would ask any moderator reading this thread TO APPLY WARNINGS and REMOVE THIS THREAD.

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 11:58 AM

Quote -> Quote -> *Quote -*The whole debate was started by a very ambiguous and nefarious looking FIRST post by SB3D-Traci, albeit with best intentions. However, a post of this nature should have been accompanied by additional information, screen-shots and authors origins etc. I see nothing wrong with tom271'S response to the post, in fact he actually asks the question "so can anyone clarify any of this"?  He made no accusations or statements regarding either the content or posting author.  If this post had turned up on any of my sites it would have been immediately removed and the poster would have been contacted after the removal.  Using links from a post to a downloadable application is risky business unless, the such links can be proven bona fide from the off.  The delete mechanism is in place on sites such as Renderosity in order to protect both members and the site in general from posts which may contain undesirable content.

I am taking a responsible position regarding what initially looked like a nefarious post. I have also given good reasons as to why that post looked suspicious.  I also LATER gave indications as to the good intentions of the poster in question. I have not added any detriment to the author of the software itself but, simply quoted him.

Your views on Reality cultism and how it affects potential purchases are unsubstantiated and without merit. Personal preferences do not make cultist persona's.

Furthermore, I have approached this topic without slander/flaming of any individual/person.  Unfortunatley, there are three individuals in this thread alone who have now and in the past mentioned a highly respected author/vendor of the Reality Plug-In [by name], as a person of dubious character.

I would ask any moderator reading this thread TO APPLY WARNINGS and REMOVE THIS THREAD.

I'm in agreement with Kylumi's point of view...  Again!,  I certainly was not implying that the software was Warez... What was said about my post is nothing but a chance to bash Renderosity staff and start bad feelings..  The post was called "The great white wash" and I makes me feel like i'm trying to snow someone..  Why the hell would I do that..?   Really unecessary and looking for a fight..   Kylumi points out that the software is in Alpha stage  and at this stage can be risky... 

Not that the software "IS RISKY"..  YES!, I could have locked this thread..  I like to put this to an end and say let's go on and see some beautiful renders...

And stop creating conflict... Stop reading between the lines...

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 6:17 PM

This looks interesting.

Can someone give me a helping hand, please?

I have DSA3 installed.
I've copied the dll to the plugins folder
The 'About installed plugins' menu item shows the plugin as 'loaded'

Now what do I do? How do I start the plugin?

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

tofusan ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 7:30 PM

Hello.

If you want to use this plug-in, I recommend you to translate and see my blog.

Basic Usage (Nudity):
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftofusan.cocolog-nifty.com%2Fblog%2F2011%2F06%2Fluxrenderds-3d3.html&act=url

How to make water:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftofusan.cocolog-nifty.com%2Fblog%2F2011%2F06%2Fluxrenderds-eab.html

How to make fog (Nudity):
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftofusan.cocolog-nifty.com%2Fblog%2F2011%2F06%2Fluxrenderds-c82.html&act=url

Creating Object Instance:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftofusan.cocolog-nifty.com%2Fblog%2F2011%2F06%2Fluxrenderds-ver.html&act=url

Cheers. :)

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 2:00 AM

Excellent! Thank you tofusan, it's all working great now.

I wish you every suceess with this project, and thank you for generosity in making it available for free.

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

klown ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 10:26 AM · edited Thu, 23 June 2011 at 10:27 AM

Quote - > Quote - The whole debate was started by a very ambiguous and nefarious looking FIRST post by SB3D-Traci, albeit with best intentions. However, a post of this nature should have been accompanied by additional information, screen-shots and authors origins etc. I see nothing wrong with tom271'S response to the post, in fact he actually asks the question "so can anyone clarify any of this"?  He made no accusations or statements regarding either the content or posting author.  If this post had turned up on any of my sites it would have been immediately removed and the poster would have been contacted after the removal.  Using links from a post to a downloadable application is risky business unless, the such links can be proven bona fide from the off.  The delete mechanism is in place on sites such as Renderosity in order to protect both members and the site in general from posts which may contain undesirable content.

Renderosity charges for after market content, in fact they don't create anything; they broker it. The revenue generated supports this website and that included this forum. So aren’t they milking the community as well along with hundreds of modelers, texture artists and script developers?

And where is it a crime to be suspicious about software until otherwise confirmed? I have a computer under my desk right now one of the secretaries brought in because she had trouble with her hard drive, it's loaded with phony .DLL's that would light my network up like a Christmas tree in Time Square if I plugged it in, she had no idea she had malware software installed on it, most of her malware detecting software is malware already. Would it be a milking for me to charge her for hours its going to take me to fix it? You can hide a virus in a JPG. If more people were suspicious of more software computer fraud would not be a multi Billion dollar a year industry.

nakamuram ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 9:09 PM

Tofusan,

Are you planning on making your plug-in compatible with DS4, anytime soon?  Also, a great feature to have would be LUX material presets that could be applied in DS.  That way, we would not have to tweak materials everytime we did a new render.

tofusan ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 10:52 PM

Hi, nakamuram.

I will operate on DS4 this plug-in if I come to be able to obtain DS4 plug-in SDK. I want also to make 64-bit version.

The preset feature is thought that I am also necessary. I think the LUX material preset output that is written in the dsa script. I build this function into my plug-in, and want to release it one of these days.

I'm sorry about my poor English.
Thank you.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 1:31 AM

If you want to continue to discuss the free plugin, please do so, but the back and forth arguing needs to stop.

Thanks,

~Jani

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 2:27 AM

Jumpstartme2 has moved this thread from the DAZ|Studio forum to the Freestuff forum as of Friday, June 24, 2011 2:27 am.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 12:48 AM

Tofusan: I also hope you will work on a DAZ|Studio 4 version when they release the SDK :)

nakamuram ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 1:15 AM

Another nice enhancement would be the ability to select and set/modify the LuxRender materials for several surfaces in one operation.

tofusan ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 4:20 AM

R_Hatch,

Thank you. I do my best :)

nakamuram,

I want that feature. But it's very difficult to programing. If a different material type, then it is also different from the parameters.

nakamuram ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 1:57 PM

Tofusan, multiple surface selection with different materials can be implemented in a manner similar to the way DAZ studio deals with different parameter values.  If the Lux render material types differ, then just display "Multiple"with no other material parameters.  When the material type has been selected, then the relevant parameters can be displayed and set.

As for libraries, you could have two buttons on the materials tab -- one to load material from an lxm or lbm2 file, and one to save a material to an lxm or lbm2 file.

Your materials handling is super as is.  The addition of a materials library and the ability to set materials for multiple surfaces would make it unbeatable.

tofusan ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 7:38 PM

nakamuram,

Your suggestion is very nice. However, the use of layered materials it is very difficult for me. It may be able to achieve a great idea but someone is. And if they realized that someone I'm going to provide a source program.

Save material to lbm2 or lxm file, I want to implement it. I will think about how to do this.

Thank you :)

nakamuram ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 11:31 PM

Tofusan,

I think there is a problem with hybrid renders in 7.2.9.  I am getting a grey screen when I render.  This even happens with simple scenes consisting of a sphere and plane.

tofusan ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 12:04 AM

Hello, nakamuram.

Please tell me in detail. This behavior occurs if you do not present anything other than sphere and plane? Is there a scene that only sunlight?

Assuming that if you create an object instance, I can understand it. The object instance does not work with hybrid.

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 12:11 AM

I have a sphere on a plane and an IBL Light (default settings).  I am not using an object instance.  The sphere is a mix  of carpaint and mirror, the plane is shiny metal.

tofusan ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 1:22 AM · edited Fri, 01 July 2011 at 1:24 AM

I did a test to create the same scene.

I do not know why such a result. Rendered correctly in my PC. May be due to the GPU Driver. My GPU is ATi Radeon HD5770.

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 1:59 AM

Thanks tofusan!!  I wll give it  another try.  My GPU is a Radeon 6870, so I don't think it is the driver...

nakamuram ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2011 at 7:17 PM

Fixed my hybrid mode problem.  I did a System Restore and went back to AMD Catalyst Driver 11.5 from 11.6.  Is anyone else having problems in hybrid mode using AMD Catalyst 11.6?

Chaosophia ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2011 at 11:39 AM

Tofusan you are one of my newest bestest friends. Thank you for all the tutorials on this, it has helped, plus A BIG THANK YOU for creating this plug in, You my friend are EPIC...

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 4:51 AM

file_471193.jpg

I don`t know if it has been mentioned already, but the plugin can do instancing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.