Wed, Sep 25, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 11:51 am)

Subject: Feature Request for the Next Version of Poser 10

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2011 at 4:24 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 12:20 PM

I know, I know, it's too early to talk about the next version when this version is still to come, but I like to get a head start. So... I just started modeling earlier this year, with the intent to create content for Poser.  Since doing that I've been using several programs and something that I noticed is that several of them allow you to move around the scene with your mouse in either a turntable or trackball style. I must have gotten use to this while using Blender because I've caught myself trying to move the camera in Poser  with my mouse instead of clicking on the camera controls. Just wondering if that might work for anyone if Poser were to put that into their next version?

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2011 at 5:20 PM

Yep, do the exact same thing when I go back to Blender from Poser. Apparently there is a way to get that behaviour in Poser... mentioned somewhere else on here. Can't recall the exact details.

I'd like a cloth-room library where you can save presets of settings in the cloth room. This would be particularly useful when creating new stuff and you have to jump through all the same hoops to get your item ready to test again. (not sure if this is clear... :blink: )

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 12:29 AM

file_471883.txt

@robynsveil

here is a poser script to save the cloth parameters, it does not save all the info on the simulation, just the parameters that control what sort of cloth. The script creates a python script that will load those parameters.   You get prompted for a file name , so I would make a folder in the python folder to save them in.

If you try it let me know what it does badly, or what more you want to save .

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 1:38 AM

Always, I'm wanting improvements in the hair room - especially more robust and intuitive styling tools.

Re the Face Room - it can change the facial texture automatically. Would be nice to have the option of changing the body texture to match the new face texture.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 6:45 AM

You're nothing short of brilliant, Mark! I'll have a go tomorrow, first thing (almost 10pm Oz time) and let you know how I go. Thanks so much for that!

Metaphor of Chooks

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 9:41 AM · edited Mon, 15 August 2011 at 9:43 AM

Why wait for something thats available today ;) 

Philc had a freebie set of cloth parameters on his site, I dont know if that had a script to save settings or not.

That script should work in Poser 6 and up.

OH, a caution--- the script assumes only one cloth sim in a scene. It needs a change if you have more than 1 sim, to let you pick which one to change.

MikeMoss ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 12:15 PM · edited Mon, 15 August 2011 at 12:16 PM

Hi

I'll restate something that I posted earlier on this forum.

I would like to see a simple walk designer some what like DS4.

I would like to be able to pose my character at the start ot a scene and then have buttons for.....

Start Walking, moves the character into the first step position.

One Cycle forward, moves the character through one walk cycle.

Turn left, 45 degrees, moves the character through one cycle while veering 45 degrees to the left.

The same thing for right, and buttons for turn right or left 90 degrees.

And last a button for stop walking, that returns the character to the original pose.

The only thing of these that DAZ doesn't have is the 45 degree option.

This would make it easy to direct you character through a scene with just mouse clicks, without the feet looking like they are moon walking.

I know this is something that I would use a lot, since my interest in Poser is the animation capabilities rather then rendering still images.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 5:34 PM

Poser walk designer with path following will do what you want pretty much. You do need to buy the walk set for M4/v4 because the default is not good.  There are some free BVH files or aniblock type kits that would let you piece one together , walk, turn , sit , etc.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 6:17 PM

Quote - @robynsveil here is a poser script to save the cloth parameters, it does not save all the info on the simulation, just the parameters that control what sort of cloth. The script creates a python script that will load those parameters.   You get prompted for a file name , so I would make a folder in the python folder to save them in.

If you try it let me know what it does badly, or what more you want to save .

I do have to hand it to you: this really is going to be very, very useful, Mark. Of course curiosity got the best of me - because I'm try to learn Python as well - but yeah, this is all a bit beyond me. Far cry from writing matmatic scripts, I can see that. Mostly it implied a good understanding of Poser's dynamic cloth parameters? properties? names. I suppose I could try to see if I can add like constrained-groups or dynamic groups stuff but then, we'd probably have to test for the existence of settings first, and I suppose that can get pretty complex. Anyway, so far it will save whatever the selected item is to py file nicely. Now, I'll load a new instance (no dyn settings) of a cloth obj and see how it loads them from the script.

This is exciting! It also goes to demonstrate just how much we can already do with the tools we have at hand to add features we want or need to Poser in our current version.

Metaphor of Chooks

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 15 August 2011 at 10:10 PM

That script is more tedious than clever 8( however it does save all the cloth parameters. It should be possible to extend it to save the simulation detail by name, cloth object, collision objects etc BUT you can just save the scene (pz3) and get all that. I wrote the thing so if I had a nice tablecloth , or scarf, etc I could save the values for another object and not have to keep writing stuff down.

For the script to work you need a scene with only 1 sim defined. It will load the cloth parameters into that sim.

Ridley5 ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2011 at 4:00 PM · edited Tue, 16 August 2011 at 4:07 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/forum/showthread.php?63222-Constraint-Channels-and-Constraint-Objects

Better/more animation tools. One big advancement that surprisingly is not getting much notice here is the *new* **"Constrain Channels, Constrain Objects"** feature in P9/Pro2012. 

Sub-D would be great.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 4:36 PM · edited Wed, 17 August 2011 at 4:37 PM

Quote - Better/more animation tools. One big advancement that surprisingly is not getting much notice here is the new "Constrain Channels, Constrain Objects" feature in P9/Pro2012. 

Hi well as "nerd" Stated over at RDNA these were aready possible in poser with clever workarounds but this new system let you avoid having to resort to tricks

DEMONSTRATED IN POSER 6 HERE

but what good is this as an animation feature when overall we see no substantial improvements in posers CORE animation tools in PP 2012.

IK appears unchanged and thus is still garbage
the graph editor still looks and functions like something from the 1990's because.....well it is from the 1990's ie poser4
it is in desperate need of an update with true F-curve display with bezier handles
with ability to more easily select&edit frames directly on the curve

The animation Pallete (Dope Sheet) needs to be updated so we can view the data
on ONE channel at a time
NOT every single scene element with nearly microscopic typeface in that column on the left.

The animation layer system introduced in P7 is a poor substitute for a true nonlinear Motion clip mixing.

which is the only reason I keep that Daz studio junkware on my system is to use
aniMate plus for major blocking out and assembly before exporting to PZ2 to poser
where i at least have something that remotely resembles a graph editor, aged though it be.

SM should have bought Paul Kinnane's Python Code for poser physics and made it part of Poser Core I am still on P6 because poser physics is so vital to my Commercial animation work,
I know poser 7-8 can use poser physics but i never bothered since the other animation tools remain so Decrepid.

Cloth animation?? it Needs the ability to BAKE& Cache the simulation to point level animation
so it be transferred to other apps as a PLA animated mesh. or reuse in poser without rerunning the sim DS4 has MDD export!!! it is not new technology.
right now you are forced to render all cloth animation in poser and many of us animators
never render Finals in poser.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Ridley5 ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2011 at 9:18 PM · edited Wed, 17 August 2011 at 9:29 PM

Quote - > Quote - Better/more animation tools. One big advancement that surprisingly is not getting much notice here is the new "Constrain Channels, Constrain Objects" feature in P9/Pro2012. 

Hi well as "nerd" Stated over at RDNA these were aready possible in poser with clever workarounds but this new system let you avoid having to resort to tricks

DEMONSTRATED IN POSER 6 HERE

but what good is this as an animation feature when overall we see no substantial improvements in posers CORE animation tools in PP 2012.

IK appears unchanged and thus is still garbage
the graph editor still looks and functions like something from the 1990's because.....well it is from the 1990's ie poser4
it is in desperate need of an update with true F-curve display with bezier handles
with ability to more easily select&edit frames directly on the curve

The animation Pallete (Dope Sheet) needs to be updated so we can view the data
on ONE channel at a time
NOT every single scene element with nearly microscopic typeface in that column on the left.

The animation layer system introduced in P7 is a poor substitute for a true nonlinear Motion clip mixing.

which is the only reason I keep that Daz studio junkware on my system is to use
aniMate plus for major blocking out and assembly before exporting to PZ2 to poser
where i at least have something that remotely resembles a graph editor, aged though it be.

SM should have bought Paul Kinnane's Python Code for poser physics and made it part of Poser Core I am still on P6 because poser physics is so vital to my Commercial animation work,
I know poser 7-8 can use poser physics but i never bothered since the other animation tools remain so Decrepid.

Cloth animation?? it Needs the ability to BAKE& Cache the simulation to point level animation
so it be transferred to other apps as a PLA animated mesh. or reuse in poser without rerunning the sim DS4 has MDD export!!! it is not new technology.
right now you are forced to render all cloth animation in poser and many of us animators
never render Finals in poser.

Cheers

Agreed, "big" advancement for those like me who dabble in animation and have specific issues with having to parent/re-parent objects mid-motion and the like (workarounds can be a PITA at times), but Poser still remains stuck in a perpetual rut with ancient animation tech.  True non-linear motion clip mixing would truly be a big addition.  The layer system, as it stands now, is not very practical/useful. 

Rance01 ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 11:01 AM

From what I've seen of screen captures, I don't think I care for the version 8 + program interface. Above all, SM needs to abandon the whole FLASH library thing if ever they expect me to lay down loot to buy their software. There is no way I will EVER upgrade as long as the software requires FLASH.  I suppose I am doomed to remain a Poser 7 user …

There is one thing I would pay money for: a final Service Pack for P7 that fixes all of the annoying little quirks in the program.  Until they (whoever happens to own the software at whatever moment in time) gets ONE version right, I am finished buying Poser.

R-

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 11:05 AM

"There is no way I will EVER upgrade as long as the software requires FLASH. "

so what browser do you use and how do you handle websites made up of flash...?

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 1:49 PM

Quote - "There is no way I will EVER upgrade as long as the software requires FLASH. "

"Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth!"

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 1:52 PM

The one Daz studio feature that I liked was the ability to select multiple bodyparts, and apply the same rotations to them all. It really makes posing tails, ropes and chains easier. Poser does have Easypose in some figures, but some dont and its a third party utility and not part of Poser.  I do have a couple python scripts from freestuff that do what I want , but to have it as part of the poser interface would be nice.

millighost ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 2:08 PM

Quote - From what I've seen of screen captures, I don't think I care for the version 8 + program interface. Above all, SM needs to abandon the whole FLASH library thing if ever they expect me to lay down loot to buy their software. There is no way I will EVER upgrade as long as the software requires FLASH.  I suppose I am doomed to remain a Poser 7 user …

Then you are probably delighted to hear that poser 8 and 2010 run very well without flash, at least when you combine it with one of the various python-library managers out there (i use dimension3d's XL mostly).

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 2:20 PM

Better Hair Room design tools and a fully debugged Poser Python would do it, for me.  My big Want List item has been weight mapping for joints, for a long time.  Finally, a version of Poser which allows me to cross things off my list!  :woot:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Rance01 ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 4:19 PM

millighost, I didn't know there was an alternative.  So, the software installs, etc, with no problems and you DON'T see an internal library?

As for Web browsing, there is very little on sites that use FLASH that I can appreciate.  I usually steer away from those.  I have no use for YouTube, etc.  I DO use Microsoft Internet Explorer with a few plugins, just no FLASH.  Also modify the system32 hosts file and see few ads and avoid other problems.

I'm content enough with Poser 7.  I just with some of the quirks had been fixed before the upgrade to 8.

Best Wishes,
Rªnce

millighost ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 4:35 PM

Quote - millighost, I didn't know there was an alternative.  So, the software installs, etc, with no problems and you DON'T see an internal library? ...

Essentially yes. The first time i installed poser, it displayed a blank white window for the library, but you can close that by unchecking it in poser's window-menu. Poser remembers this and never tries to open it again (unless you do a reset to factory state or so). It might even be possible that the installer tried to install flash, i cannot remember exactly, but luckily it did not depend on it.

shuy ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 5:27 PM

I'd like to see improvement of mesh editing tools. I think they are still the same since Poser4.

I do not expect revolution but grouping tool with +/- option with add or remove nearest polygons would be great improvement.

Magnets with capsule zones.

Controls of bulge area in joint editor.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 6:09 PM

Quote - I'd like to see improvement of mesh editing tools. I think they are still the same since Poser4. I do not expect revolution but grouping tool with +/- option with add or remove nearest polygons would be great improvement.

I basically use Blender as my mesh-editing tool: it is full-featured and imports and exports from Poser reasonably well, respecting poly-groups and material zones.

Metaphor of Chooks

Jeff_Kraschinski ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 6:20 PM

Quote - > Quote - "There is no way I will EVER upgrade as long as the software requires FLASH. "

LOL

Pathetic earthlings, who will save you now?

shuy ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 6:26 PM

Quote - I basically use Blender as my mesh-editing tool: it is full-featured and imports and exports from Poser reasonably well, respecting poly-groups and material zones.

I use Wings, but it is annoying, especially if you checked "file compression". Anyway I do not expect that this kind of improvements can be found in next Poser. I'm not typical customer and not promising target.

I have the same problem with mobile phones. I want to have phone which catch range anywhere and has good battery, but I'm only one vs thousands teenages who need cameras, polyphonic ringtones and accest to facebook.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 6:28 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - "There is no way I will EVER upgrade as long as the software requires FLASH. "

LOL

Pathetic earthlings, who will save you now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arAjbSkKF-Q&feature=related

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 8:06 PM · edited Tue, 23 August 2011 at 8:07 PM

In the advanced material room:

I would like to have container nodes that can contain a set-up of nodes to accomplish specific purposes. This would allow for better organization of the material room.

I would like to have nodes that can be programmed with python.

I would like the material room to be able to use multilayered files, like xxx.PSD files.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2011 at 9:48 PM

it's important for major vendors/sites to push flash, as most users can't block flash tracking - the kind that zeroes in on a single user and targets it with flash ads, wherever it may go.  part of the reason why jobs (god rest his soul) excluded flash from html5 - it was security probs like these.

proxi ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2011 at 1:05 AM
  1. Sub-d modifer !!!
  2. Multitreaded and GPU accelerated cloth and hair.
  3. Morphs overwrite possibilities for each character (same morph name = other morph use, usefull for mimic in custom chars)
  4. Text language syntax for mimic.
  5. Vertex weight deformer. one mesh deform other mesh (like MeshDeform in Blender)
  6. Vertex weight map possibilities for each morph.
  7. Easy nonelinear animation layers pallete with drag-and-drop poses from pose lib and mix it in any ways.
  8. Viewport with customizable OpenGL shaders.
  9. API for ext. renders.
  10. Advanced rig features in *.cr2 with phyton expressions and customizable HUD parameters.
  11. More intelligent face room. Read FaceGen *.fg files.
  12. Easy fig. filelink structure - one fig(or prop) = one folder with "obj", " morphs", "tex", "uvs", "mats" sub-folders, maybe in zip, with overwrite rules like in game engines.
  13. Direct load *.obj and linked *.mtl from poserlib.
  14. Animated displace maps with opacity, driving by 2 sliders (number of frame and % of opacity).
  15. Multi-pass render output.
  16. Backward compatibility :)

Sorry for my english.

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 25 August 2011 at 3:10 AM

Ooh.  I want to change my answer to what proxi said.  :laugh:

And maybe add support for multiple UV sets.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.