Sun, Sep 15, 5:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:45 pm)

Subject: Status Update from DAZ

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 5:21 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

Taylor Wilson, the DAZ 3D CTO, has posted an update: [quote]I want to take a moment and share the latest information we have regarding our move to a new e-commerce engine. As a result of the new store change, the DAZ 3D store is currently experiencing several issues, such as visual oddities with some store pages, product pricing not processing correctly, or checkout not always working as expected. We are working hard to fix these issues as quickly as possible, and are also working to finish standing up the new forums and to restore the support ticket system. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, and we appreciate your feedback and input identifying store issues so that they can be resolved quickly. Be assured that your account data is completely safe and backed up and is being carefully and securely maintained as part of this work. As soon as the store is humming again (accurate transactions, orders processed properly, all downloads available, etc.) we will be offering special offers to help make this right, so stay tuned! In the mean time, thank you for your patience as we work things through. We have a dedicated staff of Sales and Customer Support professionals ready to assist in your orders and any issues you encounter, and DAZ 3D continues to provide an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee on all of our products so you can order with the confidence that we will take care of you.[/quote]

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 5:35 PM

Thanks, Taylor, and thanks for posting this, Richard!!  Hopefully things will smooth out quickly and everyone at Daz will be able to relax a bit.   I'm in the process of just moving a small site to a new server and know how stressful that is - and that's just a VERY small fraction of what you're doing!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Sassywench ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 5:45 PM

Thanks for the update Richard! :)

BTW.. Ann took care of the GC issue too so I'm ready to shop! LOL

"Own the Day"

*Live*Laugh*Love*Dream*Believe*

DS user since the first alpha :)

Poser user through P5

Radar_Foxbat ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 6:01 PM

yea I just tried to purchase 3 items iwth paypal got an error but it looks like  it went through my download site has the items but when I try to exe them they don't work so files are currupt. didn't find anywhere to send a  message about this.there is a tech place for items but didn't find anything for webpage purchase problems. oh well hopefully the items will still be on saile when you get this solved. 

If you talk to the Animals, they will talk with you. And you will know each other. If you do not talk to them, you will not know them. And what you do not know you will fear, What one fears One destroys." Chief Dan George-Tsleil-Waututh Nation Next time your scared by a bat remember 8 million have died from White Nose Syndrome 1 bat=5 lbs bugs/year=1-2 million mosquitoes/year 1 small bat house = 250-700 bats you do the math. West Nile Virus infected 5287 people killed 243 last year is your home protected? http://fewerr.org/Pictures/WNV_Bat_Mosquito_yellow%202.pdf

http://www.fewerr.org/PDF/bookfly1.pdf

Radar_Foxbat ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 6:04 PM

oh ps the paypal did go through I have screen grabs of the errors if a tech needs them

If you talk to the Animals, they will talk with you. And you will know each other. If you do not talk to them, you will not know them. And what you do not know you will fear, What one fears One destroys." Chief Dan George-Tsleil-Waututh Nation Next time your scared by a bat remember 8 million have died from White Nose Syndrome 1 bat=5 lbs bugs/year=1-2 million mosquitoes/year 1 small bat house = 250-700 bats you do the math. West Nile Virus infected 5287 people killed 243 last year is your home protected? http://fewerr.org/Pictures/WNV_Bat_Mosquito_yellow%202.pdf

http://www.fewerr.org/PDF/bookfly1.pdf

redcts1 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 7:31 PM

It's probably tied to the store but what's up with the forum, inquiring minds would like to know.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 9:33 PM

Quote - It's probably tied to the store but what's up with the forum, inquiring minds would like to know.

The Forum isn't a priority right now - it doesn't bring in revenue.  I am sure they will get it together eventually.  Just don't hold your breath.

redcts1 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 9:42 PM

Quote - > Quote - It's probably tied to the store but what's up with the forum, inquiring minds would like to know.

The Forum isn't a priority right now - it doesn't bring in revenue.  I am sure they will get it together eventually.  Just don't hold your breath.

If that's the jist of it, hopefully they can at least look past that and open the board up so we can get back to the business of interacting with each other in a beneficial manner. No Flame intended just curious, I'll wait.

parisgranville ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:18 PM

Thanks for the update. I think that we should all be patient. It's too bad that they can't just take the store down for a few days and entice us with a gorgeous render like RDNA did a couple of years ago. When they finally we back on line over a month later, I waw so excited that I think I spend 100$.

But DAZ is too big for that. I'm sure that they are sweating right now. I wish them luck and will stop bothering them so that they can work on the store.

Oom ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:30 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - It's probably tied to the store but what's up with the forum, inquiring minds would like to know.

If that's the jist of it, hopefully they can at least look past that and open the board up so we can get back to the business of interacting with each other in a beneficial manner. No Flame intended just curious, I'll wait.

Don't underestimate your power as a customer. Just say: "No forum No shopping"

ldgilman ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:32 PM

@ OOM, I think your remark was unnecessary, DAZ is working as hard as they can, if you don't have some sympathy don't reply!! I have been where DAZ is presently and I DON'T envy them the issues they have. I also believe that ssgbryan spoke out of line, he/she has nothing to back that statment up with. I am sure DAZ has more than two people working on all the issues.

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:16 AM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:18 AM

Radar_Foxbat asked

Quote - yea I just tried to purchase 3 items iwth paypal got an error but it looks like  it went through my download site has the items but when I try to exe them they don't work so files are currupt. didn't find anywhere to send a  message about this.there is a tech place for items but didn't find anything for webpage purchase problems. oh well hopefully the items will still be on saile when you get this solved. 

Can you drop an email to Daz_Ann at aanderson@daz3d.com an she will try to get it sorted out for you. Include the order numbers.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Jazzmin ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 8:47 AM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 8:49 AM

Quote -

Don't underestimate your power as a customer. Just say: "No forum No shopping"

Quote -

Quote - It's probably tied to the store but what's up with the forum, inquiring minds would like to know.

The Forum isn't a priority right now - it doesn't bring in revenue. I am sure they will get it together eventually. Just don't hold your breath.

Quote - @ OOM, I think your remark was unnecessary, DAZ is working as hard as they can, if you don't have some sympathy don't reply!! I have been where DAZ is presently and I DON'T envy them the issues they have. I also believe that ssgbryan spoke out of line, he/she has nothing to back that statment up with. I am sure DAZ has more than two people working on all the issues.

@ ldgilman I believe OOMs remark was totally necessary. His/her opinon counts just as much as anybody eleses. Besides, what could possibly be wrong with it? It's a fact and I totally agree with "NEVER underestimating your power as a customer". If enough customers come together to say to a business, "You cruelly test on animals, so I'm NOT buying your products" or "No forum No shopping." If enough customers do this, do you know how fast animal testing will stop or how freaking fast the forums will come back up??? If it has to do with making money, a business will act very quickly. That's just the nature of doing business. Period.

Um... I do believe ssgbryan is correct. He/she doesn't need any backup for that statement, this isn't a court of law. It is a fact that if it isn't a money generator it will go on the backburner. You know, business is business... Besides, businesses don't have an ounce of sympathy for people, they have sympathy for their money and that is a FACT. 

Vive Bene.  Spesso L'Amore.  Di Risata Molto.
Live Well.  Love Often.  Laugh Much.

Ian Porter ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:11 AM

Quote - Don't underestimate your power as a customer. Just say: "No forum No shopping"

And did you apply this same 'logic' to Posers various owners , who did not have an in house  forum for years ( and even now have only a shanty town at RDNA )?

QueenFlamewing ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:29 AM

Thank you, Richard, for sharing the update.  With a site as big as Daz, I expected it to take more than a 24 hours transition period.

Personally, on the note of the forums,  I would rather want Daz to focus on smoothing out the store bugs before opening the forums.  This way their attention is where it needs to be.   :closedeyes: 

bbost ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:30 AM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:37 AM

Very good point, Ian! I buy products based on the quality of the products and generally DAZ products are exceptional. There are also exceptional products at Rdna and Rendo but they are mixed amidst more average products. However long it takes to get the DAZ store fixed is how long it takes, I'll patiently wait and be back there once it reopens, and the forums will be working too. DAZ has a track record of doing a good job at providing content. If you don't like them, tough , noone is fording you to shop there. It's becoming fairly apparent that the people who are usually try to bash Daz in any number of forum posts probably have a deep seeded historical gripe for the aggression, but it's not necessarily based on any facts, and there's at least one example of it in this thread alone. quick edit to rephrase.

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:41 AM

Quote - > Quote - Don't underestimate your power as a customer. Just say: "No forum No shopping"

And did you apply this same 'logic' to Posers various owners , who did not have an in house  forum for years ( and even now have only a shanty town at RDNA )?

Heh. You've been around awhile. Didn't you participate in the mailing lists? That's how things were mostly done back then with forums being few and far between across the 'net. The Bryce and Poser lists were hopping and I spent more time on them than I ever have in the forums.

Whatever. I want the forums back too. What I find maddening and makes me mad at myself is that I keep coming online to see if anything's back yet. :)

It's like the rare times when my cable goes out. Can I clean the bathroom or watch a movie on tv, or finish a scene I've been workinng on? No way. I have to check if cable has come back every five minutes. LOL

kylumi ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:06 AM

People power comparisons...Daz3D forums and  Animal Research Laboratories...........have you people gone crazy!!! :huh:

McGyver13 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:29 AM

I went crazy a long time ago!

That was not in response to the previous question... it is just a general statement.

I thought it was a poll or something.

kylumi ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:31 AM

Quote - I went crazy a long time ago!

That was not in response to the previous question... it is just a general statement.

I thought it was a poll or something.

ROFLMAO......................Nice one my friend, made me laugh anyway. :lol:

Shiroyama ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:44 AM

thank you, richard, for the update -- i saw something on the main forum page about an update, but it wouldn't let me access it...

Jazzmin ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:57 AM

Quote -

People power comparisons...Daz3D forums and Animal Research Laboratories...........have you people gone crazy!!! :huh:

Nope, nobody has gone crazy. We are simply giving examples, suggestions and opinions.

I don't know about other people, I can only speak for myself. But, I have been a member at DAZ since they opened. The only program available for the type of products DAZ primarily sold was Poser. I spent thousands of dollars in there first few years of business, became a PC member from the beginning and continued to spend a lot of money on fantastic products over the course of ten years. I supported them, kept them in business, like so many other Poser users.

They decided to make DS and offer it for free. It was going to be so much better than Poser and I thought cool! By the time they worked out the bugs and perfected it, I had been using Poser for far too long and did not want to deal with the learning curve of DS.

It's great that they have DS and I hope it continues to be successful. My gripe with DAZ is that they would not still be in business after 10 years nor would Genesis be a glimmer in their eye without the support of Poser customers. But, with Genesis and the 5th gen dolls, I am locked out. I can't use them unless I want to switch programs and I'm not willing to do that, especially with a minimum of 2 installers plus, just to get the library going. From my perspective, Poser products have dwindled down to very little and it feels like a slap in the face. But hey, like I said earlier, it's business. They could be making so much more money if they offered products for both pieces of software and if they want to limit their profits, so be it. I wish DAZ much success and hope they have enough existing and new DS users to keep them in business for a very long time, but I'm done spending money there. And this is just my opinion based on facts, not an attack.

Vive Bene.  Spesso L'Amore.  Di Risata Molto.
Live Well.  Love Often.  Laugh Much.

TJaiman ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 12:38 PM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 12:42 PM

I wonder what effectiveness a boycott would have while the store is such rough shape that few people would buy from it?

I want the forums bad, but if the store has to come first. If it's limping for too long, we won't ever have them (or the old ones).

(Rendo's turned out pretty nice... but I digress).

I don't know how much has been fixed, but a couple of days ago, the Paypal option gave you an undowloadable file, you couldn't buy gift certificates, and seeing someone else's full name (and the number of things in their wishlist) tended to make people nervous about leaving their credit card info in there. People who had a problem couldn't get into support...

Also, how many shoppers ever come to the forums?

And, considering all the things that get one segment, or another, angry, how would Daz know what to change? :-D

TJaiman ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:04 PM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:05 PM

"I want the forums bad, but if the store has to come first."

Make that: "I want the forums bad, but the store has to come first."

Sigh, a guy like me really needs unlimited edit... that was like the 5th edit already

Thanks for the update, Richard. Keep us posted.

I hope the new software is making it a lot quicker process, than last time, when the web guys were desperately patching the old stuff (and they were only changing the store, not the forums too).

redcts1 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:05 PM

I think without the forums they have no way for the gripes to get posted in lue of the problems they are having at the moment, I can only imagine how the boards would fill up because everything is screwy at the moment. They are saving themselves from the onslaught by not having the board up without the kinks worked out in the store and it is understandable so I guess it's best to wait.

pzrite ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:39 PM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:41 PM

I realize that some of the people here have worked in similar situations and can sympathize with Daz and the hard work they are now dealing with. 

But with that said, I think every customer that has been, not just inconvenienced, but stressed out by trying to download a product they paid for, not having a forum available (except this one) to be informed as to what is going on, and clicking on the same old broken links time and time again, also deserve some sympathy...at the very least.

There's no doubt that a lot of work is involved, and some of that work involves PLANNING.  It's obvious Daz did not plan for this transition very well.   It was suggested that they might have followed RDNA's example of just shutting the site down while they make the changes, instead of having a crippled, half-working mess that's there right now.  But again, as already mentioned, DAZ is once again showing it's big corporate mentality and placing the old mighty dollar ahead of it's customers' satisfaction.

Taylor Wilson mentioned "we will be offering special offers to help make this right, so stay tuned!"  Well it better be something pretty "special" to offset the frustration that is being felt right now.  More likely we'll end up with a voucher for a few dollars off a product we already have.

I'm usually a pretty patient person, but when a product I need to finish a paying project is hanging in front of my face, just outside of my reach, FOR DAYS, my patience has officially run out.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:45 PM

The forums aren't being totally ignored in favour of the store - they have received some attention, but there are significant issues that need to be resolved before they can be set live. However, things like the odd logins (which made people understandably nervous about security, even if it did turn out that there was no risk), or stuck PayPal orders and non-appearing Gift Certificates are obviously more immediate issues for both DAZ and its site members.

McGyver13 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:48 PM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:49 PM

Quote:

Nope, nobody has gone crazy.

No... really, I'm quite mad... insane actually... a genuine looney.  I take pride in it and work hard at maintaining a high quality of insanity generally reserved for eccentric millionaires and inbred royalty. Please don't undermine my lunacy.  It is all I have.

BethQQQ ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:48 PM

Quote - . . . things like the odd logins (which made people understandably nervous about security, even if it did turn out that there was no risk), or stuck PayPal orders and non-appearing Gift Certificates are obviously more immediate issues for both DAZ and its site members.

Looks like it's getting better, though.  So, any idea on the ETA of the new PlatClub items?

˙ʇɥƃıs ɟo ʇno ʇsnɾ `ɹoɹɹıɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝpıs ɹǝɥʇO

AtticAnne ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:48 PM

I can be appeased with the latest version (and upcoming upgrade) of Carrara--absolutely free.  Plus everything on my Wishlist and a $2000 shopping spree.  Oh, and some magic pills that will instantly plant how to use all of the DAZ programs in my brain.  Then I could get to creating instead of learning.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:51 PM

Quote - > Quote - . . . things like the odd logins (which made people understandably nervous about security, even if it did turn out that there was no risk), or stuck PayPal orders and non-appearing Gift Certificates are obviously more immediate issues for both DAZ and its site members.

Looks like it's getting better, though.  So, any idea on the ETA of the new PlatClub items?

Sorry, no - I was wondering that myself a little while ago.

McGyver13 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:51 PM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:01 PM

I could be appeased with bacon, beer or pudding.

Edited to add-

New PC items?  I missed that.  Any links to that page? (if it is still viewable)...

ssgbryan ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:27 PM

Quote - @ OOM, I think your remark was unnecessary, DAZ is working as hard as they can, if you don't have some sympathy don't reply!! I have been where DAZ is presently and I DON'T envy them the issues they have. I also believe that ssgbryan spoke out of line, he/she has nothing to back that statment up with. I am sure DAZ has more than two people working on all the issues.

ldgilman, I have a business relationship with DAZ.  I treat DAZ just like I do any other business that does dumb things.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is 0 meters.

DAZ is a business.  It isn't a person. (I'll believe a corporation is a person when the state of Texas starts executing them.)

The business of DAZ is making money, that is my backup (and my BSBA degree).  It isn't providing emotional support to artists.  The forum provides a reason to go & purchase DAZ products, and provide 1st line customer support.  Those things indirectly support the bottom line - they don't directly support it, therefore the forums will always be a lower priority.

Looking at it from a business perspective - the changeover has gone poorly.  It can be traced back to a number of decisions that were poorly thought out.

The old storefront had to go.  DAZ has been adament about that, because of the amount of manpower required to keep it going.  Going to a new storefront, in and of itself, is a very good idea.  The falldown came in the execution process.

1.  I can't comment on what criteria DAZ used to pick Magneto, I have no visibility on it.  A lot of people use it and are happy with it.

2.  The first bad decision was the decision to set the product up in-house, as opposed to contracting it out. 

Rule of thumb in business - if the task at hand isn't a core competency and you have no intention of doing enough to make it a core comptency - you contract it to to people that do have it as a core competency. Setting up a storefront isn't something that DAZ should be doing on a reoccuring basis.

In this case, had DAZ contracted the store setup to someone else, it would be up and operational right now.  Potential customers are seeing the little green alien, or worse, they are seeing that they are logged in, they are logged out, they are logged in and decide to go somewhere else.  Or they pay for something & they don't get it - If they don't know about 'rosity - where are they going to get information?  It appears that the contact emails are going into the bit-bucket.

3.  The decision to do the setup in-house was more than likely made on the idea that DAZ would save money.  Having the store down as long as has been is costing DAZ revenue.  In addition to the loss of revenue currently, they are going to lose more money because DAZ have already stated that they were going to provide some coupons to customers to make up the delayed store.  That is an unprogrammed financial loss.

Then there is the whole erosion of "goodwill". - All of the coupons in the world aren't going to change a perception that outside of content selling, DAZ doesn't seem to know what they are doing. 

The leadership of DAZ appears to be working under the impression that they have an infinite amount of goodwill with the customer base and that the customer base will follow them no matter what.  That isn't a good bet.  They are shedding long-term customers who have decided that (for whatever reason) that DS4 isn't their cup of tea (I don't have a problem with using it, assuming they ever figure out why it won't run on any 1,1 Mac Pro and finish the documentation - My time is valuable.).  And then there is the wholesale changes DAZ has made to the PC club, which now no longer makes financial sense for anyone that isn't using DS4.  Which is why I will probably be leaving the PC club after 7 years.

The truly scary part about this is that DAZ doesn't seem to learn from prior screw-ups.  Every one of the screwups from the last few years are covered in Business 101, as far as sales go.  With the software, every mistake they have made has a chapter devoted to in in "The Mythical Man-Month" by Dr. Brooks - DAZ_Rand has claimed that the CTO has the book - I do wonder if he has ever read it.

None of this is personal - I don't have a personal relationship with DAZ - it is simple observation.

Oom ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:45 PM

Quote - > Quote - Don't underestimate your power as a customer. Just say: "No forum No shopping"

Absolutely. If you are frustrated with a businesses, any businesses, show it by closing your wallet.
It is that simple.

Cheers! Oom (a he)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:56 PM

Blaine Furner just posted an update on Face Book which should address some practical issues: cs@daz3d.com is the address to use for customer service until we get the support ticket system back on line. They will handle technical issues such as broken installers. If you have a sales type question, it can be addressed via support@daz3d.com When we have the ticket system back up and running we would ask that you use that system. But this will work for now. Gift Cert Issues go to aanderson@daz3d.com (DAZ_Ann). You can access the old forums (without the ability to login, and in a read only state) at http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/. We have the web team working on the store issues first, the customer ticket system second, then the forums.

kylumi ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 2:59 PM

Quote - I could be appeased with bacon, beer or pudding.

Edited to add-

New PC items?  I missed that.  Any links to that page? (if it is still viewable)...

My friend, you appear to be the only one talking any sense in this thread

WoolyLoach ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:03 PM

I'm voting with my wallet - just bought some items here instead of the equivalent from Daz.  And RDNA is going to get some of my hard-earned greenbacks this coming Payday.

DS4 is OK, but I'm not "upgrading" this time until my few critical plugins are working in 4.5.. 4.1 is working fine for me right now.

@**sgbryan - **I've often wondered how they've managed to stay afloat, given their behavior. They've got to be bleeding money right now, and as you said loss of goodwill. This changeover was a massive IT project, and even huge companies have hiccups in rolling out large-scale changes.. someone, somewhere should have known Murphy was just waiting for the switch to be thrown.

I still wish them the best, though - and hopefully it'll be a "learning experience"

Moonglow ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:17 PM

Secure?

Login, then "MY ACCOUNT" -> "MY CREDIT CARD PROFILES" (on left of page) and you will see that the page on which you enter/change you credit card numbers is NOT on secure server.

Thanks, but I'll sit back and wait before I hit checkout.

Ian Porter ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:22 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Don't underestimate your power as a customer. Just say: "No forum No shopping"

Heh. You've been around awhile. Didn't you participate in the mailing lists? That's how things were mostly done back then with forums being few and far between across the 'net. The Bryce and Poser lists were hopping and I spent more time on them than I ever have in the forums.

Whatever. I want the forums back too. What I find maddening and makes me mad at myself is that I keep coming online to see if anything's back yet. :)

It's like the rare times when my cable goes out. Can I clean the bathroom or watch a movie on tv, or finish a scene I've been workinng on? No way. I have to check if cable has come back every five minutes. LOL

I wasn't part of the mailing lists, but I first joined when it was the Poser Forum, run by Willow.  There are still people here that were here before me I am sure. Whatever her faults Willow was a strong character and wouldn't have stood for the childish arguments and 'Grandstanding' that happen here now. She was quick with the ban stick when the need arose.  lol.

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:49 PM
Forum Coordinator

I got a question:) I'm trying to re-install my reby sky file that I had before any site changes.It had some kind of error pop up at then end & I have the log report. Can someone give me a hint where to turn it in at:) -I can't get in to submit a bug report.thankies

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

BethQQQ ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:52 PM

A couple new products are up!  DzFire's Terra RVR ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/terra-rvr ) and another $1 beta-bait, R&R Time ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/r-r-time ).

˙ʇɥƃıs ɟo ʇno ʇsnɾ `ɹoɹɹıɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝpıs ɹǝɥʇO

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:54 PM

Quote - I got a question:) I'm trying to re-install my reby sky file that I had before any site changes.It had some kind of error pop up at then end & I have the log report. Can someone give me a hint where to turn it in at:) -I can't get in to submit a bug report.thankies

The bug tracker is a separate system to the store - if you don't have an account already you will need to create one. However, I knoww some items were updated fro bug fixes - is this a fresh(ish) copy of Reby Sky?

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 5:36 PM

Where do you find the sale end date on products now?  

Quote - A couple new products are up!  DzFire's Terra RVR ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/terra-rvr ) and another $1 beta-bait, R&R Time ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/r-r-time ).

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

mishamcm ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 5:42 PM

For those who may not have received the latest newsletter, the deadlines for the $1 sales are:

Sixties Dinette Set 5/25
Aiden for M5 5/29

R and R Time 6/1

pzrite ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:08 PM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:08 PM

Looks like the link to Daz Studio 4.5 Release Candidate is working again.  I'm downloading it now.  (may the great cyber gods smile upon me)

pzrite ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:13 PM

Quote -
I wasn't part of the mailing lists, but I first joined when it was the Poser Forum, run by Willow.  There are still people here that were here before me I am sure. Whatever her faults Willow was a strong character and wouldn't have stood for the childish arguments and 'Grandstanding' that happen here now. She was quick with the ban stick when the need arose.  lol.

Ah yes, the good old days.  I miss Willow, I wonder what's become of her.  And I can only imagine what she thinks of all the changes that have taken place from the humble beginnings of the PFO.  It seems like a lifetime ago, doesn't it?

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:22 PM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - > Quote - I got a question:) I'm trying to re-install my reby sky file that I had before any site changes.It had some kind of error pop up at then end & I have the log report. Can someone give me a hint where to turn it in at:) -I can't get in to submit a bug report.thankies

The bug tracker is a separate system to the store - if you don't have an account already you will need to create one. However, I knoww some items were updated fro bug fixes - is this a fresh(ish) copy of Reby Sky?

I think it's a fresh copy-but if i can get a reset -i can try that :) I have an account with the bug tracker,but i get a 404 error when i click the submit a ticket link.I'll wait a while & when it's ok,i'll reset reby & re-download if need be.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

Digitell ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:24 PM

Quote - Blaine Furner just posted an update on Face Book which should address some practical issues: cs@daz3d.com is the address to use for customer service until we get the support ticket system back on line. They will handle technical issues such as broken installers. If you have a sales type question, it can be addressed via support@daz3d.com When we have the ticket system back up and running we would ask that you use that system. But this will work for now. Gift Cert Issues go to aanderson@daz3d.com (DAZ_Ann). You can access the old forums (without the ability to login, and in a read only state) at http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/. We have the web team working on the store issues first, the customer ticket system second, then the forums.

Richard, when I sent in my issue where the product I purchased was dead on trying to load..I did email the cs@daz3d.com and Britney emailed me and told me not to use that email address because they dont use that email anymore..she said to click on the green submit a request button on the contact us page..which still links to an error page.

ldgilman ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:29 PM

I was just in the store, I must say I like the changes, plus it was fairly quick. I bought a couple of items and did not have any problems checking out via Pay pal.

mishamcm ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 7:00 PM

Quote - > Quote - Blaine Furner just posted an update on Face Book which should address some practical issues: cs@daz3d.com is the address to use for customer service until we get the support ticket system back on line. They will handle technical issues such as broken installers. If you have a sales type question, it can be addressed via support@daz3d.com When we have the ticket system back up and running we would ask that you use that system. But this will work for now. Gift Cert Issues go to aanderson@daz3d.com (DAZ_Ann). You can access the old forums (without the ability to login, and in a read only state) at http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/. We have the web team working on the store issues first, the customer ticket system second, then the forums.

Richard, when I sent in my issue where the product I purchased was dead on trying to load..I did email the cs@daz3d.com and Britney emailed me and told me not to use that email address because they dont use that email anymore..she said to click on the green submit a request button on the contact us page..which still links to an error page.

I am sorry about the change in procedure -- AFAIK they are now using the cs@daz3d.com email address for customer support until the support button on the Contact Us page is working reliably.

QueenFlamewing ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:09 PM

Quote - A couple new products are up!  DzFire's Terra RVR ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/terra-rvr ) and another $1 beta-bait, R&R Time ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/r-r-time ).

I'm half tempted to sign in for those $ items; Aiden's textures are stunning...but alas, I don't have M5 for the shape & it doesn't say if the textures would just work on Genesis without M5's UV. :unsure:

So I think I'll wait until Daz officially gives the all clear on the store & the forums are launched before making any purchases.  Since RawArt's little contest, I've got my eye on those fantasy shapes for Genesis. :biggrin:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.