Sun, Sep 15, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:15 pm)

Subject: Looks like DAZ Shut the Forum Down Early...

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 10:16 AM · edited Sat, 02 June 2012 at 10:22 AM

The truth is: I wish to shop there, if they will give me the opportunity and a real reason.

In this times money is short, I must think on everything many times before I decide to buy anything.

edited, just not to start other complains.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 10:25 AM · edited Sat, 02 June 2012 at 10:32 AM

Remember what what said earlier in this thread about those who work to get threads  locked down; stay on topic.

If you have a specific store problem that you mention here, be sure to file a Support ticket...

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new

The PC issue threads are here...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1145/

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/167/

EDIT; Here is the Forum Issue thread...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/123/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 10:36 AM

Sorry.

I told them about all of this many times in the old forums, most of the problems are already highlighted from many other people.

In their new forum I'm simply lost!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 11:16 AM

Back on topic, what happened to the pricing bit that was on the left hand side of the screen when in the store.

You know the one where you put in you had $5.00 - $10.00 etc.

That was a useful function that should have been transfered over.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 12:08 PM

Quote - I am going to ask, nicely, one more time, that the criticisms of Daz end right here.

If you have a problem and you think another user can help you, post it. 

If you simply dislike Daz because of the path they have chosen to take with their business, please post it over there in one of their forums. Such posts accomplish nothing here and reflect poorly both on the poster, and on Renderosity.

I agree. Although I,m currently not happy with the situation at DAZ 3D, I understand that there are many bugs that they need to fix, and they are hard at work addressing those problems. As things are at the moment of this quote, the website is down for maintenance. Access is unavailable to any part of it. I think this is good because it shows they are serious about getting things fixed, and have decided to shut down so that they won't be distracted by user and customer contact. This will allow them to concentrate on the issues at hand. I'm sure that most of the problems will be solved when they bring the site back up.

durf ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 12:13 PM

Quote - There are problems now with Platinum Club renewals; I myself was charged for the monthy renewal and didn't actually get my membership renewed, and am apparently not alone...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/167/

Make sure that you select to be notified of replys if you post there, as the Forum sort is still not working properly and you might otherwise never find the thread again without a lot of work.

If it happens to anyone else, file a support ticket (although I put one in on Wednesday and haven't yet heard back) and hopefully they will straighten it out soon...

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new

it happen to me too!

charged on my paypal and i can't find on my account my platinumclub membership is active. or what i still get on the newsite with my PC membership, it looks like there is nothing special anymore to be a PC member. thinking of close my PC membership.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 2:24 PM

If DAZ has had some problems with the site there's no reason to close your PC membership, just wait.

I discontinued mine for other problems but I still and I will support them anyways.

I will only hope they give me an opportunity...

(as everything I said before, already posted earlier in their old forum)

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 2:31 PM

Oh, as a side note, the full site is up and running for me, still the same for what I can see.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 2:35 PM

Isn't it funny how so many people act like rats abandoning a sinking ship when things like this happen?

I say have patience. You can be certain that the problems will be fixed. So it has been taking some time to iron out all the bugs in the new site design. It may be frustrating to a lot of us but it is not reason enough for me to stop my dealings with them. After all, we must admit that the software and the supporting products are some of the best in the business. And from what I've seen so far, the software is not all that hard to use. Sure, the documentation has been lacking, but they are addressing that issue as well.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 2:37 PM

Quote - Oh, as a side note, the full site is up and running for me, still the same for what I can see.

Okay, I'll check it out!

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 2:41 PM

I just checked to see if they are up and running and I am still getting the "Down for Maintenance" message.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 2:42 PM · edited Sat, 02 June 2012 at 2:44 PM

Please don't talk about documentation! Agent0013

I can't be so polite for that... issue! :rolleyes:

I said there many times in many forms and sometimes I was a little upset.

But my arguments were true and never got a single post deleted.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 2:47 PM

Quote - I just checked to see if they are up and running and I am still getting the "Down for Maintenance" message.

Strange... I'm browsing in the DAZ forum as I'm writing here.

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 2:56 PM

Quote - I just checked to see if they are up and running and I am still getting the "Down for Maintenance" message.

Try a forced refresh ctrl f5   sometimes the cache is getting stuck, I think I was a bit careless with a pot of glue when putting up some stickies :rolleyes:

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 3:29 PM

:laugh: 

Poor guys, they have a lot of work still to do.

I hope for them that after all those repairs they can get a big bonus for all their hard work.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 3:57 PM

Quote - Isn't it funny how so many people act like rats abandoning a sinking ship when things like this happen?

Well there maybe some but rats but many, including myself have almost completely stopped buying there, not because we dislike Daz, but because there is little there that creates enough interest for us to want to buy.  That was long before problems with the web site came about, in fact I stopped my PC membership before Christmas because I was not using the voucher.

I have purchased from there since, on a very occasional basis, and may do so again.  Having said that, I am watching this thread with interest in order to try an decide when it is safe to put my toe in the water again, assuming of course something there makes me want to part with my cash.

I would also add that I 'found' 3D through Daz and owe them a great deal and I have no wish to see them fail.  They have my support in trouble times but I am afraid that this does not go as far as me buying items I do not need just to help their profits healthy.  Support them I will, but they do have to at least try an meet me part of the way.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 4:24 PM

As a new user of their products, I am still very interested in what they have to offer. When they offered three of their pro software programs for free, I had to jump on it right away, and I am not disappointed at all. My only problem for now with the software is the learning curve I face in Hexagon 2.5 Pro. It came with a built in instruction manual, so that problem won't last long. Soon I'll be producing all kinds of models for use in the other programs.

As for the forced refresh, how do I do that on the current version of Google Chrome? I don't use other browsers because of problems I keep having with them. IE and Firefox are corrupted somehow and I am unable to find a good fix for them.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 4:34 PM

I'm using Chrome and I haven't had any problem.

Try with F5 a few times.

Try in Chrome -> Settings -> Chronology and delete from there.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 3:39 PM

Generally F5 refreshes the page, but trusts the page to tell it what's new. ctrl-F5 (cmd-F5 should be the mac equivalent) forces the browser to redownload everything, even if it doesn't appear to be marked as new. Hence "forced refresh".

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 10:57 PM

I was able to sucessfully access the PC Forum this evening.

I never did get a response to my Support Ticket; 5 days is a long time...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Agent0013 ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 8:28 AM

s for my support ticket, as I said before, I recieved a response the same day. It could be that the person or people that handle your type of request are not active in that area at this time. I agree that it is a long time to wait, (5 days). Try a little kick in the backside, so to speak. I mean let them know you are still waiting for a response. I did that back in December of last year. The staff got on the ball and apologized for letting my ticket go so long without being attended to.

As for the forced refresh thing, I have yet to try it. I have been away from my connection for a couple of days. I was working on learning to create, save, convert, and export object files from Bryce 7. I plan to try reaching DAZ 3D today. I'll let all of you know if I can.

Thanks for the advice concerning this.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.