Tue, Oct 22, 10:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 8:20 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 5:43 PM

Quote - >>> I need to figure out how to tell it which bones to include... my boots dont need individually wiggly toes!!

The boots I made ONLY include Shin, Foot, and Toes group - for the groups in the models themselves. Not the individual toes, but the PARENT of all those little wigglies. So the very very very front of the boots is just the "Toes" group. 

I didn't include any of the individual toe bones when I rigged them either. Rigged up fine that way in both DS and Poser as far as I can see.

The boots are the part that need some of that smoothing the most 8-)  But not because I forgot the toes ... because there are a lot of details in bendy areas.

Love the boots Deecy!

foxylady1 ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 5:48 PM

Kalypso

That render is awesome.  Dawn looks fantastic and I can hardly wait until she is available.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 6:37 PM · edited Thu, 11 July 2013 at 6:38 PM

Oops MeatSim I stand corrected ... it looks like the toes did get included as affectors in the boots, even though the boots are not grouped for them, they still do have an effect on the boot when you pose the toes.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 6:56 PM

Quote - The list can be found here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/25448/

I'm also planning on trying to write tutorials for some of the networks to make it easier for people just learning. I have permission from 4 of the people who have posted networks to do this and I will gradually work my way through the others networks.

It will take time.

If there is anything you are specifically looking for please ask in the thread and if I can't help I know that others like Beyjamac : ) are normally willing to help with networks for a specific purpose.

Oh believe me I hear ya on how much time it takes to write stuff (chuckle).  That's my day job! LOL

Thanks for the pointers on the shader tutorials, appreciate it.

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 6:58 PM

Beautiful, Kalypso

meatSim, these are looking great :)

If anyone else wants to post images of Dawn in the non-Daz-character render thread, it's here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/175/

I mentioned both Dawn & Hivewire3d - doesn't seem to be any trouble so far ;)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:04 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Thanks everyone!   I call this one Primal Dawn, she just gave me a Raquel Welch and 70s vibe so I had to do it lol.   Dynamic clothing used again in PP2012 and would you believe this was an outfit for Maddie?!   I can only imagine how much easier it will be in PP2014 with all the new tools.

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:05 PM

Quote - > Quote - The list can be found here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/25448/

I'm also planning on trying to write tutorials for some of the networks to make it easier for people just learning. I have permission from 4 of the people who have posted networks to do this and I will gradually work my way through the others networks.

It will take time.

If there is anything you are specifically looking for please ask in the thread and if I can't help I know that others like Beyjamac : ) are normally willing to help with networks for a specific purpose.

Oh believe me I hear ya on how much time it takes to write stuff (chuckle).  That's my day job! LOL

Thanks for the pointers on the shader tutorials, appreciate it.

No problem...I have one of your books. Using Practical Poser was the only way I got any use of Poser 7. Unfortunately like many Poser users who have trouble with DS, I have the reverse and find Poser extremely hard to fathom. I have tried...my brain just isn't wired the right way. : (

I'm very passionate about Shader Mixer it is very powerful. The biggest problem with it is lack of clear, easy to understand(think artist not math geek) information.

cheers

Pen

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:06 PM · edited Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:12 PM

Love this long hair look - makes Dawn look more mature (maybe a bit like Rene Russo)

Quote - Thanks everyone!   I call this one Primal Dawn, she just gave me a Raquel Welch and 70s vibe so I had to do it lol.   Dynamic clothing used again in PP2012 and would you believe this was an outfit for Maddie?!   I can only imagine how much easier it will be in PP2014 with all the new tools.

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:30 PM

Lovely, Kalypso.  It DOES remind me of Raquel Welch!!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

thd777 ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:40 PM · edited Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:40 PM

file_496250.jpg

Quick WIP. I am working on a universal Dawn skin Material for Vue. Here is a render of the current state using her default maps. The color is based of the difuse map, the bump is a mix of procedural and the bump map (adjustable). The SSS is using Vue's physical translucency. You can see the effect quite nicely at Dawns ear, there is a strong light behing her and the translucency is visible at the thinner layer of her ear. I might need to tone it down a bit. This is still an early version. I will likely package this as BYOT material (Bring Your Own Texture). If any texture maker are intersted in a collaboration, feel free to contact me. Parden the noise in the render I used low shadow quality to speed up the test renders (Vue 11.5 Infinite).

Ciao

TD

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:56 PM

Soooo... Content I make for Dawn will be available for both programs.

DS version will be rigged iN DS, and will have DS Mats.

Poser version will be rigged in Poser and will have Poser Mats.

I am thinking about packaging them all together as one product.. with an option that thise who use just one or the other program can download only thefiles needed for their program. Those of us who use them both can have both.

Before Genesis I walways did Poser and DS mats separately. Since the rigging is a buit easier with weightmapping, I'll just do each separately. Rigging alone isn't a huge part of content making.

Morphs are still interchangeable, so I onlu have to make them once, same with the base model and textures.

Speaking with several vendor friends, this seems to be a consensus about how they are thinking approaching this (assuming Dawn hits the mainstream - which many of us hope will happen) 

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 7:58 PM

Quote - Speaking with several vendor friends, this seems to be a consensus about how they are thinking approaching this (assuming Dawn hits the mainstream - which many of us hope will happen) 

Makes the most sense to me too.

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 8:05 PM · edited Thu, 11 July 2013 at 8:07 PM

file_496251.jpg

Here's some eye candy. It's a wip, so don;t worry about any pokes or irregularities, I haven't gotten to the fine tuning and zbrushing part yet.

___

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 8:36 PM · edited Thu, 11 July 2013 at 8:41 PM

Quote - > Quote - Speaking with several vendor friends, this seems to be a consensus about how they are thinking approaching this (assuming Dawn hits the mainstream - which many of us hope will happen) 

I would sell them seperately and have a bundle option. This will keep the cost down of the seperate versions, keep the filesize down, and you are not forcing people to download files for a version they might never use. If they want for both apps, the bundle option is there.

My Renderosity Store

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 8:40 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Speaking with several vendor friends, this seems to be a consensus about how they are thinking approaching this (assuming Dawn hits the mainstream - which many of us hope will happen) 

I would sell them seperately and have a bundle option. This will keep the cost down of the seperate versions, keep the filesize down, and you are not forcing people to download files they might never use. If they want for both apps, the bundle option is there.

That's a nice option...I know that when I bought your shapeshift I ended up buying the bundle as it was such a good price. I suppose if I ever start using Genf2 it will be worthwhile...; )

vagabondallen ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 8:48 PM

So, I decided to increase my Dawn pose set to 32 standing poses, by adapting the wips from a second, unreleased V4 pose set I'd started but never finished. That'll make my Dawn set 32 standing and 14 sitting/reclining poses.

However, I haven't made a pose set since P7. Are there any things I need to take into consideration that are new since P9?

meatSim ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 10:31 PM · edited Thu, 11 July 2013 at 10:31 PM

Just by way of taking feedback.. here is my proposed workflow for supporting both programs:

• Model/UV/set material zones in silo

• Texture using photoshop and other tools as required

• Pre-Group for Dawn using Auto Group Editor.

• Set up independantly from Grouped OBJ using native tools in DS and Poser (Still a lot to learn at this stage.. especially in regards to DS)

• create and morphs (movement, open/close etc) in Poser using magnets/morph brush etc.

• bring morphs to DS using exported objs from poser (??? assuming that is the general way to get morphs into a DS figure)

• Clean up and package files separately for DS and poser ((really no idea how to do this in either app yet))

Thoughts?

Quote - Soooo... Content I make for Dawn will be available for both programs.

DS version will be rigged iN DS, and will have DS Mats.

Poser version will be rigged in Poser and will have Poser Mats.

I am thinking about packaging them all together as one product.. with an option that thise who use just one or the other program can download only thefiles needed for their program. Those of us who use them both can have both.

Before Genesis I walways did Poser and DS mats separately. Since the rigging is a buit easier with weightmapping, I'll just do each separately. Rigging alone isn't a huge part of content making.

Morphs are still interchangeable, so I onlu have to make them once, same with the base model and textures.

Speaking with several vendor friends, this seems to be a consensus about how they are thinking approaching this (assuming Dawn hits the mainstream - which many of us hope will happen) 

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 11:02 PM

In my peronal workflow, morphs are usualy done in modeling programs, outside of Poser, ungrouped.

___

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 11:05 PM

Quote - - bring morphs to DS using exported objs from poser (??? assuming that is the general way to get morphs into a DS figure)

Hi,

I use Hexagon to model in so I normally send my object to Hexagon from DAZ, create the morph and send it back as it's easier and I don't have to worry about scaling.

What normally happens is when I send the object back to DS a dialogue automatically opens up  to create a morph. I believe(but I'm not 100% sure that this should happen with the import function as well that as long as the original object is open in DS it should recognise it and start the dialogue to create a morph.

There are however both Morph Loaded advanced and Morph Loader Pro which you can also use to create morphs.

RFreise ( ) posted Thu, 11 July 2013 at 11:16 PM

Grrr notifications stopped coming had to play catchup again

Jan19 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 12:16 AM

cut/paste from kalypso post.

This is a good look for Dawn.  :-)  Her legs look perfect, in this image.

I love me some Modo!  :-)

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 12:18 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Speaking with several vendor friends, this seems to be a consensus about how they are thinking approaching this (assuming Dawn hits the mainstream - which many of us hope will happen) 

I would sell them seperately and have a bundle option. This will keep the cost down of the seperate versions, keep the filesize down, and you are not forcing people to download files for a version they might never use. If they want for both apps, the bundle option is there.

Its easy enough to put poser files in one zip, and ds files in another, and give the end user choice to dowload one, the other or both. Even DAZ doesnt make you buy poser or ds studio versions separately. Plus, that approavh would penalize crossover users. I make big packs, and tend to split or bundle them thematically. Making extra files, testing, promo pages etc adds a fair chunk of work too. If I split them by app to... it gets confusing wven for me, I cant imagine how it would be for a customer... and its a ton of extra work

Also, it is in a lot of vendors interests to not help perpetuate the split between users.

___

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 12:24 AM

Quote -

cut/paste from kalypso post.

This is a good look for Dawn.  :-)  Her legs look perfect, in this image.

So do her arms...not too thick..I don't care what anyone says ;).

Laurie

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 1:09 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2013 at 1:10 AM

Quote - Here's some eye candy. It's a wip, so don;t worry about any pokes or irregularities, I haven't gotten to the fine tuning and zbrushing part yet.

Nice wedges BadKittehCo!!  A morph to adjust platform height would be nice, so would cork soles.  A spike heel version might also be a good idea.

Kerya ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 1:36 AM

Quote - >>> I need to figure out how to tell it which bones to include... my boots dont need individually wiggly toes!!

The boots I made ONLY include Shin, Foot, and Toes group - for the groups in the models themselves. Not the individual toes, but the PARENT of all those little wigglies. So the very very very front of the boots is just the "Toes" group. 

I didn't include any of the individual toe bones when I rigged them either. Rigged up fine that way in both DS and Poser as far as I can see.

The boots are the part that need some of that smoothing the most 8-)  But not because I forgot the toes ... because there are a lot of details in bendy areas.

Deecey: I WANT THOSE BOOTS! :)

Kerya ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 1:45 AM

Quote - ...

I am thinking about packaging them all together as one product.. with an option that thise who use just one or the other program can download only thefiles needed for their program. Those of us who use them both can have both....

{{{hugs and kisses from somebody who uses both}}}

meatSim ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 2:08 AM

Why was I thinking that you had to do morphs one body part at a time...  Your way makes a lot more sense but I thought you had to load a morph target for each body group, then spawn a full body morph from those...

I've honestly only ever tried morphs that needed a single body part

Quote - In my peronal workflow, morphs are usualy done in modeling programs, outside of Poser, ungrouped.

joequick ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 3:21 AM

Quote - Why was I thinking that you had to do morphs one body part at a time... 

I think it's only been in the last couple versions of Poser that the option was added to add an FBM from a single obj file.  Prior to that, say circa Poser 7, I believe you'd need somehting like Netherworks Morph IMP to do that.

@Daz3d
@ShareCG

ghosty12 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 4:32 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2013 at 4:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/xSilentlySpoken

For those who have Hexagon like me I found this channel on youtube from Silently Spoken they have a 3 part tutorial creating a simple dress from a cylinder in Hexagon and importing to in this case Poser. ;)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

AMD 7900X3D, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 Ram, Asus Prime X670-P Wifi MB, PNY RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB, 14TB SSD's & HDD, Windows 11, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.22.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 6:49 AM

From the HiveWire3D FB page:-

There have been an increasing number of artists inquiring about the particulars of becoming a "Contributing Artist" and selling products at HiveWire3D.com.

We'll have more info on submission guidelines and all of that once our website is public, but here's the gist of it:

We will not require vendors to support for both Poser and DAZ Studio, but we are STRONGLY encouraging it. If you are not comfortable doing both, then hook up with another artist, or just have them help you with conversions....

• Our rule of thumb for our store will be "Quality over Quantity"

• We will have a review process, and will only be accepting what we feel are high quality products

• Products must be exclusive, but artists can sell different products in other marketplaces

• Payment split will be a 60/40 split (artist/hivewire)

• We have an open bonus structure, the more your catalog at Hivewire3d.com sells, the more you earn. Up to 70%. You're guaranteed 60% and can earn up to 70% - this is open to all hivewire artists, not just the top 10, etc.

• No nudity / sexually suggestive / extremely violent promo imagery is allowed

• No overly sexual products will be accepted

As for product specific things, we will have two formats for product pages you may choose from: portrait or landscape.

If you choose portrait, then your main image needs to be a minimum of 500x650 (width x height) no larger than 1000x1300

If you choose landscape, then your main image needs to be a minimum of 800x450 (width x height) and no larger than 1600x900.

Popups can be a variety of either landscape or portrait aspect ratios no matter which product layout you choose. (keep same aspect ratios as noted above, please).

And all products will require a square thumbnail image (295x295).

Please upload at least 3 images per product, 5 would be ideal. You may upload more than 5 images if you like. Please let us know if you feel your product needs more than 10 popups and we can arrange this with you.

As for submission, you can submit products once you're ready here:
https://hivewire3d.submittable.com/submit

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 7:29 AM

One point that needs to be looked at with making both poser and d/s versions of things for Dawn will be pricing.

Because no matter how you look at it, there will be at least twice as much work. I say "at least" because while we may be comfortable in our software of choice, to make something in a software that we are not so familiar with will be a job and a half to say the least.

So people may have to brace themself that prices for things will likely have to be decently higher to cover all the extra work....and this means the extra time in producing the work. Afterall, that is the main expense in product production. So to pay for all the extra time, the prices will be higher. It is not simply a matter of releasing a poser version for one price and a d/s version seperatly for its own price and hope that will pay off. Because there simply isnt enough people buying sets to balance that off. Plus people will (and they do all the time) complain if they have to buy the "same" set twice for different figures....and lets face it, the d/s dawn is a different figure than the poser dawn. They may have the same mesh, but the development for them will be entirely different and unique to each.

So people should start to brace themselves that the insanely low prices they may have become comfortable with may not work out so well for Dawn if they want dual support.

Just something to keep in mind.

Rawn

Zev0 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 7:45 AM

I'm sure you will get PA's that will sell some stuff at low prices, but whether that price will cover production costs is anyones guess. I still believe seperate versions and a bundle is the best solution. Some people will only use Poser and some will only use Daz.  A bundle option will cater for those who use both, and technically should cost a bit more than the seperate versions but not at the price of the Daz+Poser version price combined. It should be discounted. Bundles tend to sell better if priced right.

My Renderosity Store

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 7:52 AM

Afterall...lets face it....making stuff for poser is about 5 times the work as it is for d/s.

Wether you like daz or not, you can tell by their software that they come from a content creation background and really do give great tools to make content creation a much more streamlined process.....whereas for poser most of the methods of doing things are hacks that need alot of independantly created apps to even start to do effectively, and even then it often requires a ton of hand editing to get just what you want.

I am really not looking forward to going back to make poser versions.

Rawn

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:01 AM

Quote - Afterall...lets face it....making stuff for poser is about 5 times the work as it is for d/s.

Wether you like daz or not, you can tell by their software that they come from a content creation background and really do give great tools to make content creation a much more streamlined process.....whereas for poser most of the methods of doing things are hacks that need alot of independantly created apps to even start to do effectively, and even then it often requires a ton of hand editing to get just what you want.

Rawn

Then don't

I really not looking forward to getting stuff from someone who hates doing it

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:06 AM

Quote - Then don't

Hah....well thats quite a reaction LOL

vintorix ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:10 AM

I won't deny the I enjoy as much as anyone else that everything is easy but even if it was 10x as difficult or even 100x, I still would be doing it.

A man's got to do what a man's got to do.

Zev0 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:13 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:24 AM

Quote - > Quote - Afterall...lets face it....making stuff for poser is about 5 times the work as it is for d/s.

Rawn

Then don't

So if I hate making texture sets for Both Daz and Poser, and because I do does that mean people wont buy it? I do not get that reasoning. How does that affect the buyers decision? Whether we hate or love creating content for a particular app should have no bearing on whether people buy it or not. Just as long as it is available. That is all that counts. I do not see rainbows and fairies when I make content, infact I hate it most of the time because theres always problems. So because I do people are not gonna buy them? That's a bit silly.

My Renderosity Store

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:20 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:21 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Afterall...lets face it....making stuff for poser is about 5 times the work as it is for d/s.

Rawn

Then don't

So if I hate making texture sets for Both Daz and Poser, and because I do does that mean people wont buy it? I do not get that reasoning. How does that affect the buyers decision? Whether we hate or love creating content for a particular app should have no bearing on whether people buy it or not. Just as long as it is available. That is all that counts. I do not see rainbows and fairies when I make content, infact I hate it most of the time because theres always problems. So because I do people are not gonna buy them? That's a bit silly.

Yeah Zev...I didnt take that as a serious answer to the issue. That was just something to provoke contraversy and detract from the point.

The reality is that we will no doubt end up making products for both platforms, because that is what the customers want. This is a job and not just something we do for fun...so like most jobs, there are things about it that you do not like so much. But simply not doing it is not the answer.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:33 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:35 AM

I hate making uvs and promos....just thought I'd put that out there ;). LOL

On a slightly more thread-appropriate note: will you guys (Rawn, Zev0, etc) be around to answer any dumb questions from Poser saavy, but not so DS saavy users? LOL That would be real nice ;).

Laurie

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:35 AM

Quote - I hate making uvs and promos....just thought I'd put that out there ;). LOL

Laurie

But you don't complain about it to your customers

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:36 AM

Quote - > Quote - I hate making uvs and promos....just thought I'd put that out there ;). LOL

Laurie

But you don't complain about it to your customers

LOL not really ;). I just complain in general. ;)

Laurie

Zev0 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:39 AM

Quote - I hate making uvs and promos....just thought I'd put that out there ;). LOL

On a slightly more thread-appropriate note: will you guys (Rawn, Zev0, etc) be around to answer any dumb questions from Poser saavy, but not so DS saavy users? LOL That would be real nice ;).

Laurie

Sure. I'll try and help where I can, but I'm clueless half the time lol.

My Renderosity Store

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:40 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:40 AM

Well, that ain't very encouraging. LMAO

Laurie

Zev0 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:41 AM

I know some stuff:) Mainly in the morph department, if that counts for anything lol.

My Renderosity Store

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:43 AM

Laurie

Yeah...I tend to hover in the various forums....so I will probably be pretty regular at hivewire too.

Always glad to help when I can

ghosty12 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:44 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:46 AM

Quote - Afterall...lets face it....making stuff for poser is about 5 times the work as it is for d/s.

Rawn

And looked what a ruckus so to speak was caused when Daz created Genesis1 and more so now Genesis2.  They pretty much gave the royal bird to the Poser community..

OT Tried to make my first teeth morph for Dawn and well it didn't work at all, have to find out from the folks at Hivewire how to go about it as doing it the way I knew how too didn't work got all sorts of weirdness going on when I dialed in the morph.. lol

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

AMD 7900X3D, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 Ram, Asus Prime X670-P Wifi MB, PNY RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB, 14TB SSD's & HDD, Windows 11, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.22.

vintorix ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:50 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:52 AM

LaurieA,

Start by viewing these five videos about Rigging and Content Creation,
http://www.4colorgrafix.net/blog/2011/09/03/daz-studio-4-the-missing-manual/

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 8:58 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2013 at 9:10 AM

Quote - Just by way of taking feedback.. here is my proposed workflow for supporting both programs:

• Model/UV/set material zones in silo

• Texture using photoshop and other tools as required

• Pre-Group for Dawn using Auto Group Editor.

• Set up independantly from Grouped OBJ using native tools in DS and Poser (Still a lot to learn at this stage.. especially in regards to DS)

• create and morphs (movement, open/close etc) in Poser using magnets/morph brush etc.

• bring morphs to DS using exported objs from poser (??? assuming that is the general way to get morphs into a DS figure)

• Clean up and package files separately for DS and poser ((really no idea how to do this in either app yet))

Thoughts?

A thought; how about a Poser rig with the weightmaps stripped out (or replaced with rudimentary sphere zones) that could replace the weightmapped rig via Copy Joint Zones (or better yet, Outfitter) after the morphs are added? The resulting figure with the morphs intact could then be loaded into Studio and have the TriAx rig added....

Edit; this might work going the other way as well...

Edit again; actually it's easier going the other way; just export it as a cr2, load it in Poser and use Poser Place Outfitter to transfer the rig, assuming the scaling issues with Genesis exported aren't present in Dawn. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Zev0 ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 9:03 AM · edited Fri, 12 July 2013 at 9:04 AM

This tut might be useful. Mec4d made it. It basically explains how to make morphs in Daz for a character. Although it shows Genesis in the vid, Dawn will operate basically the same in DS. The process does not change. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI-a9XiXBNM However I am clueless of how to bring it back to Poser since I always used DSON. Guess I will have to learn lol.

My Renderosity Store

Kerya ( ) posted Fri, 12 July 2013 at 9:25 AM

You wouldn't bring it back to Poser, I think.

You would start Poser, Load Dawn for Poser, Load the Morph like here:

http://poser.smithmicro.com/tutorials/Characters_morphing.html

(the first paragraph and screenshot show how to load a morph target made in an external software)

Then save and create a PMD as shown here:

http://www.nerd3d.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=13

(Sorry if you prefer videos, I don't like video tutorials, so usually my saved links are to html or pdf pages)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.