Sun, Oct 6, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Problem in the Fitting Room with M4-K4 mixed models

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 8:15 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:32 PM

file_507186.jpg

I have a problem in the *Fitting Room* *with* M4-K4 mixed models:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2864044

Basically I do the same steps that I do with M4 or K4 to fit a clothes another model in them, but when I want to pose the M4-K4 mixer model , the clothes destroyed, I tried  Autogroup without Autogroup, transmitting morphs without transferring morph in all situations and clothes do not follow the poses, I attached some screenshots to illustrate the inconvenience with M4-K4 mixed models

perhaps the problem is not K4 M4 model, I really do not know, I just know that with Standard Model Fitting room works well with K4 m4 mixer not

any help is welcome
Thanks in advance

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 8:28 AM
Online Now!

I noticed that your transfer goal is Michael 5 and morphs from Michael 6. Genesis does not play well in the fitting room from the posts I have read.  I would try Michael 4 or Kids 4 as the transfer goal and morphs from a generation 4 figure to verify if something else is an issue.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 8:47 AM · edited Thu, 11 September 2014 at 8:48 AM

Quote - I noticed that your transfer goal is Michael 5 and morphs from Michael 6. Genesis does not play well in the fitting room from the posts I have read.  I would try Michael 4 or Kids 4 as the transfer goal and morphs from a generation 4 figure to verify if something else is an issue.

no, do not you guide by the name hborre , this model is a M4-k4 mixer (made with colorcurvature script) ,  is not genesis

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 9:06 AM

What figure is the shirt you are trying to fit originally created for?  If it is a conformer for the figure you begin with, simply conform it to the figure and then use the script.  The clothing will follow the figure change. 

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 9:19 AM · edited Thu, 11 September 2014 at 9:20 AM

Quote - What figure is the shirt you are trying to fit originally created for?  If it is a conformer for the figure you begin with, simply conform it to the figure and then use the script.  The clothing will follow the figure change. 

the shirt of the example  is a shirt for M4 (but this be extrapolated to all clothing) , when I create the new shirt in the fitting room, I confom to the model , and then I pose  the model , the result is   you see in the last 3 images and I not understand why

ps. colorcurvature the scrip has an option to fix the clothes but is not  effective with all the clothes and is limited  , while in the fitting room I have absolute freedom, which is why we want to make the clothes there

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 9:49 AM

The K4/M4 mix is not actually a figure, but a morph of the combined figures created from the script. You would need an actual base to work from (either M4 or K4), which is why the clothes are getting destroyed.

Could you export that mixed shape created from the fitting room as an obj and use it as a morph target, similarly to a shape fit for an outfit? Then you could set the K4/M4 figure into the percentage you wanted then dial in the shape. You would have to do this for each variation you want to use though.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 10:09 AM · edited Thu, 11 September 2014 at 10:09 AM

Quote - The K4/M4 mix is not actually a figure, but a morph of the combined figures created from the script. You would need an actual base to work from (either M4 or K4), which is why the clothes are getting destroyed.

Could you export that mixed shape created from the fitting room as an obj and use it as a morph target, similarly to a shape fit for an outfit? Then you could set the K4/M4 figure into the percentage you wanted then dial in the shape. You would have to do this for each variation you want to use though.

Yes, I understand your point Male_M3dia  , but my reasoning is:

the figure of the example  (my problem is with all figures m4-K4 mixer) is a m4 with a  morph that makes this m4 "a little" k4 , ok , as might be a m4 with  freak morph for give you another example .

Why m4  with freak  morph work perfect in fitting room, but in my M4 with a  "mixK4" morph ,  all clothing is destroyed? if both are modifying of m4 and the step are the same?

I do not know if I explained it well

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 10:37 AM · edited Thu, 11 September 2014 at 10:37 AM

Quote - > Quote - The K4/M4 mix is not actually a figure, but a morph of the combined figures created from the script. You would need an actual base to work from (either M4 or K4), which is why the clothes are getting destroyed.

Yes, I understand your point Male_M3dia  , but my reasoning is:

the figure of the example  (my problem is with all figures m4-K4 mixer) is a m4 with a  morph that makes this m4 "a little" k4 , ok , as might be a m4 with  freak morph for give you another example .

Why m4  with freak  morph work perfect in fitting room, but in my M4 with a  "mixK4" morph ,  all clothing is destroyed? if both are modifying of m4 and the step are the same?

I do not know if I explained it well

Evidently the scripting is doing something not seen by the fitting room. 

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 11:20 AM

The OP might want to site mail the vendor regarding this.  Especially since the script was created well before Pro 2014 and the fitting room.  If anyone would know what the script is or is not doing or if there is a work around, he would.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 11:24 AM

Try checking Match Endpoints and Follow Origins in the body of the clothing...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 12:26 PM

file_507189.jpg

> Quote - Try checking Match Endpoints and Follow Origins in the body of the clothing...

no, nothing improved.

I can observe is that model groups do not match with groups of clothes, which is why for example when I bend the abdomen model, "the abdomen group" of the shirt bends but this much more up and does not match model with the abdomen (all groups are different);

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 3:29 PM

Just so I know I'm the same page as you are, is the base figure M4 and you are mixing it with K4?  I keep seeing Micheal 5 in the figures list at the top of viewport.  Are you attempting to use this script with Micheal 5 aka the M5 morph of the Genesis base figure? 

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 3:54 PM

Quote - Just so I know I'm the same page as you are, is the base figure M4 and you are mixing it with K4?  I keep seeing Micheal 5 in the figures list at the top of viewport.  Are you attempting to use this script with Micheal 5 aka the M5 morph of the Genesis base figure? 

Yes as I wrote above, the model is a M4 mixed with K4 (made with curvature script ), you do not pay attention to the name ( IS NOT Genesis M5)

modus0 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 5:42 PM

file_507191.jpg

> Quote - Yes as I wrote above, the model is a M4 mixed with K4 (made with curvature script ), you do not pay attention to the name ( IS NOT Genesis M5)

Then why does the name of the figure, which I've highlighted with the green box, say Michael 5?

If it's not Michael 5, then you would have had to rename the figure, and if that is the case, you should have mentioned it.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 6:38 PM

I do not know why but I remembered this scene :):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3O-kYwM8qY

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2014 at 6:44 PM · edited Thu, 11 September 2014 at 6:45 PM

forgive me,  maybe there was a michael 4 loaded and when I load other michael , poser named it by default, I know,  I deserve the death penalty for it , but  please , forgive me for this mortal sin.

We can now return to the original question Please

colorcurvature ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 1:50 AM

Hi, sorry, I have not yet used the fitting room.

The M4K4 Mix figures use animated joints and propably the fitting room does not punch them into the target cloth accordingly.

Since I am not familiar with fitting room can you confirm or correct:

A) Did Poser correctly project the cloth mesh into the zero-posed mix figure

B) Do the disruptions occur when you start bending

We have to basically go and see if

• The cloth joints are animated or not (I guess they are not)

• The cloth joint origins matches the (animated) figure actor origins

• The fitting room-created weightmaps look sane

• The fitting room installed a "Morph_To_K4" into the cloth (I hope it does not)

Btw. I think Michael 5 is because Poser increments the number at the end of the figure names automatically sometimes :)

In the past I've thought of freezing the mixed figures into genuine figures (baking the morph targets into the core geometry as well as baking the joint movement), if all fails with fitting room we might attempt to do the baking attempt.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 6:27 AM · edited Fri, 12 September 2014 at 6:30 AM

Quote - Hi, sorry, I have not yet used the fitting room.

The M4K4 Mix figures use animated joints and propably the fitting room does not punch them into the target cloth accordingly.

Since I am not familiar with fitting room can you confirm or correct:

A) Did Poser correctly project the cloth mesh into the zero-posed mix figure

B) Do the disruptions occur when you start bending

We have to basically go and see if

• The cloth joints are animated or not (I guess they are not)

• The cloth joint origins matches the (animated) figure actor origins

• The fitting room-created weightmaps look sane

• The fitting room installed a "Morph_To_K4" into the cloth (I hope it does not)

Btw. I think Michael 5 is because Poser increments the number at the end of the figure names automatically sometimes :)

In the past I've thought of freezing the mixed figures into genuine figures (baking the morph targets into the core geometry as well as baking the joint movement), if all fails with fitting room we might attempt to do the baking attempt.

A) and B) YES

When I buy your script did not exist the fitting room, so if the final answer is that I can not use the M4-k4 mix models in the fitting room, it's a shame, but  I'll not keep trying to use that room and I will use other ways , my question because  the clothes fit very well in the simulation of FittingRoom but unfortunately destroyed when pose the model

ps. you can or not tranfer the "Morph_To_K4" to clothing, I've tried With both options and the result is always the same

ps2. groups clothes do not match at all with model groups in the clothes created

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 8:15 AM · edited Fri, 12 September 2014 at 8:15 AM

Does fitting the clothing to plain Michael and then adding the K4 morph using the fitting script included with the Figure Mixer not work?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

colorcurvature ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 9:25 AM

What is the fitting room actually doing if the base figure is weightmapped, anybody knows? Does it generate weightmaps for the cloth?

Its possible that it makes the computation based on the core M4, not the morphed/ animated figure.

In this case, I think the best solution would be to bake the mix into the figure. Then it should behave like all common figures without the advanced features used.

modus0 ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 11:54 AM

Quote - forgive me,  maybe there was a michael 4 loaded and when I load other michael , poser named it by default, I know,  I deserve the death penalty for it , but  please , forgive me for this mortal sin.

We can now return to the original question Please

Okay, no need to get so defensive.

It seems that (the naming) is DAZ's fault.

For Victoria 4, she shows up under the Figure name as "Victoria4" with subsequent figures being "Victoria4 1" and so on.

But, with Michael 4, he shows up as "Michael 4" (note the space), and subsequent figures get a higher number, like "Michael 5" and "Michael 6".

Now, with the advent of the Michael 5 morph for Genesis existing, it's possible (I haven't bothered with Genesis so I don't know for certain) that when you import the Genesis figure with the Michael 5 morph that it shows up as "Michael 5."

So, given that, it should be obvious that people though you were mistakenly using Michael 5 (likely with the Michael 4 morphs) instead of the actual Michael 4 figure.

I appologize if it seemed like I was attacking you, my intent was only to try to help.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 12:08 PM

Quote - It seems that (the naming) is DAZ's fault.

For Victoria 4, she shows up under the Figure name as "Victoria4" with subsequent figures being "Victoria4 1" and so on.

But, with Michael 4, he shows up as "Michael 4" (note the space), and subsequent figures get a higher number, like "Michael 5" and "Michael 6".

That doesn't seem like DAZ's fault that Poser numbers additionals figures incorrectly because it can't parse spaces when a number is part of the name. That's like importing crates and you import "Crate 1" and Crate 2", which are different types of crates, and Poser changes the name to "Crate 3" when you add an additional Crate 2 to the scene. That surely wouldn't be the vendors fault. DS adds a number in parenthesis such as "Michael 4 (2)"  so you more than one is in the scene. You should put in a bug ticket with SM. 

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 1:16 PM

Are we seriously going to have a fight over naming conventions?  I always thought these fights were stupid, but this has got to be the single most stupid thing I have ever seen on Renderosity.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 1:19 PM

May I please make a suggestion?

When you get back from the fitting room, select the body of the clothing, then go to Figure>Copy Morphs From and select your modified M4/K4.  See if that resolves the situation.

The fitting room is supposed to transfer the proper joints, but this would be a fallback procedure in case something went haywire.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 1:50 PM · edited Fri, 12 September 2014 at 1:51 PM

Quote - Does fitting the clothing to plain Michael and then adding the K4 morph using the fitting script included with the Figure Mixer not work?

yes of course , in some cases, it works great, and other "regular", that is why if I could use the power of the fitting room in these cases "regular" would be great

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 2:00 PM · edited Fri, 12 September 2014 at 2:01 PM

Quote - That doesn't seem like DAZ's fault that Poser numbers additionals figures incorrectly because it can't parse spaces when a number is part of the name. That's like importing crates and you import "Crate 1" and Crate 2", which are different types of crates, and Poser changes the name to "Crate 3" when you add an additional Crate 2 to the scene. That surely wouldn't be the vendors fault. DS adds a number in parenthesis such as "Michael 4 (2)"  so you more than one is in the scene. You should put in a bug ticket with SM. 

Male_M3dia   I ask you kindly to not attack people or do not start a discussion as you like usually generate in this thread, there is no reason for it, you're forcing a lot of situation, if you have something to contribute to original question,  you are  welcome,  otherwise so there is a cross on top to close the browser tab

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 2:12 PM · edited Fri, 12 September 2014 at 2:13 PM

file_507199.jpg

> Quote - May I please make a suggestion? > > When you get back from the fitting room, select the body of the clothing, then go to Figure>Copy Morphs From and select your modified M4/K4.  See if that resolves the situation. > > The fitting room is supposed to transfer the proper joints, but this would be a fallback procedure in case something went haywire.

I try your suggestion Glitterati3D  and unfortunately does not work

look how remain the groups of the shirt after conform the clothes created in the fitting rool

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 2:21 PM

file_507200.jpg

OK, I purchased this product and took some time to run it through the fitting room like you have.

I'm having no problem with the fitting room product after completing the task.

Here are the steps I am using:

Create the mixed figure (in my case I dialed in the M4/K4 mix to 0.50)

Load the M4 Basicwear TShirt (do NOT attempt to conform)

Scale the shirt down to approximately 80% to get something resembling a fit

Go to the fitting room

Choose the TShirt as the object to be fit, The Mixed Figure as the Goal

Do not autogroup

Select the affected body parts (Neck, Shoulders, Chest, Abdomen, Arms, etc., etc. to the hip)

I transferred only one Morph - Body Morphs

Return to the Pose Room

Delete the original TShirt

Conform the now Fitted TShirt

Pose the figure.

Here is the result:

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 2:26 PM

file_507201.jpg

Do not Autogroup.  There is no need.  The TShirt you are using is already grouped.

Here is my CHEST group.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 2:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - That doesn't seem like DAZ's fault that Poser numbers additionals figures incorrectly because it can't parse spaces when a number is part of the name. That's like importing crates and you import "Crate 1" and Crate 2", which are different types of crates, and Poser changes the name to "Crate 3" when you add an additional Crate 2 to the scene. That surely wouldn't be the vendors fault. DS adds a number in parenthesis such as "Michael 4 (2)"  so you more than one is in the scene. You should put in a bug ticket with SM. 

Male_M3dia   I ask you kindly to not attack people or do not start a discussion as you like usually generate in this thread, there is no reason for it, you're forcing a lot of situation, if you have something to contribute to original question,  you are  welcome,  otherwise so there is a cross on top to close the browser tab

I'm not attacking, merely clarifying something that needed to be cleared up. If Poser cannot parse spaces in reading a CR2s, then a bug ticket needs to be filled out. That's not DAZ's fault.

Also, if you want people to help you, you probably shouldn't launch attacks yourself, such as you did to two people when they were getting clarification about whether you were using Michael 5 in order to help you better. Remember: you need our help to solve your issue, not the other way around. 

Good luck with your issue.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 2:36 PM

file_507202.jpg

And, another pose.......this is a K4 pose from the JustKids2 set available here at Renderosity:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/just-kids-2/80348/

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 2:56 PM

Quote - Also, if you want people to help you, you probably shouldn't launch attacks yourself, such as you did to two people when they were getting clarification about whether you were using Michael 5 in order to help you better. Remember: you need our help to solve your issue, not the other way around. 

Good luck with your issue.

yes , whatever you say, bye bye ...

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 3:02 PM

Quote - Do not Autogroup.  There is no need.  The TShirt you are using is already grouped.

Here is my CHEST group.

ok, so let me do some other tests, I believe  have tried what you say,  but I will check it again and I commented

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 3:15 PM

zero figure & keep deformations , chek or unchek?

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2014 at 3:41 PM · edited Fri, 12 September 2014 at 3:43 PM

Quote - zero figure & keep deformations , chek or unchek?

Sorry, I honestly don't remember.  I left all the defaults except for the body part selections.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2014 at 12:31 AM

I think the confusion over the naming conventions between V4 and M4 and subsequent instances of the same figures, is due to V4's name being Victoria4, while M4's actual name is Michael 4. 

Do you notice the difference? There is no space in V4's full name. 

So, if you load a 2nd instance of M4 into the scene, unless you change the name yourself it is going to automatically renumber Michael 4 to Michael 5, Michael 6, Michael 7, etc. Whereas with V4, because of the different naming convention used, it will add a space followed by the 1, 2, etc. IIRC, Poser's method of renumbering figures (or adding numbers to figures) has to do with how ERCs function and the old problems with eliminating cross talk in conformers.

So there is no need for a bug report as Poser is renumbering as intended. The fault here does lie with Daz's naming conventions not remaining consistent between the figures. They didn't even bother to change the name of Hiro 4 or Freak 4 in the cr2's, as loading them in with two M4's in the scene, Hiro's name will be Michael 6, and Freak's name will be Michael 7 (or the like, depending on what sequence they are loaded in). I can't know if the the same is true for Aiko 4's name remaining "Victoria4 #" or not as I don't have Aiko 4. (Been waiting for her and the kids 4 to go on sale like hiro and freak did, but never saw it happen and I'm not paying full price for figures that are so old).

As for the problem with the M4/K4 mixer (I do have the script, but not K4, so I can't test this myself), one solution may be to first transfer the rigging from the mixed figure to the shirt. In PP2014 you can do this by having the shirt body selected, then go to Figure > Copy Joint Zones From... and select your mixed M4/K4 figure. I would make sure that the full shape of the base figure the shirt was originally built for is dialed in first. So, for example - if the shirt is originally for M4, then have your mixed figure at full M4 scale, with zero% of K4's shape dialed in. Does this make sense? Hopefully I'm describing it correctly. If the shirt was originally built for K4, then have K4's shape at 100%. Once you do the joint zones transfer, you can then try conforming and scaling the figure. Again, don't know if it will work, but it's a theory. If I could test it myself I would. 

terrancew_hod ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2014 at 3:13 AM · edited Sat, 13 September 2014 at 3:23 AM

Quote - I think the confusion over the naming conventions between V4 and M4 and subsequent instances of the same figures, is due to V4's name being Victoria4, while M4's actual name is Michael 4. 

Do you notice the difference? There is no space in V4's full name. 

So, if you load a 2nd instance of M4 into the scene, unless you change the name yourself it is going to automatically renumber Michael 4 to Michael 5, Michael 6, Michael 7, etc. Whereas with V4, because of the different naming convention used, it will add a space followed by the 1, 2, etc. IIRC, Poser's method of renumbering figures (or adding numbers to figures) has to do with how ERCs function and the old problems with eliminating cross talk in conformers.

So there is no need for a bug report as Poser is renumbering as intended. The fault here does lie with Daz's naming conventions not remaining consistent between the figures.

I think that's incorrect. Following your logic, if it renumbering was correct, the figure should have been renamed "Michael 4 1", Michael 4 2" and so on as it should simply add a number on the end to make them unique, not replace the number with something else. The way something is originally named shouldn't have a bearing on how it's made unique in a scene simply due to a space. That's like programming 101 that's being messed up. Sounds like a programming bug. Names and spacing shouldn't mess a program up at all when imported. 

Quote - They didn't even bother to change the name of Hiro 4 or Freak 4 in the cr2's, as loading them in with two M4's in the scene, Hiro's name will be Michael 6, and Freak's name will be Michael 7 (or the like, depending on what sequence they are loaded in). 

Hiro 4, Freak 4 are morphs of Michael 4, not separate characters files like they were in DAZ generation 3 characters, so that's why the name in the cr2 name is the same. They use the same CR2 for the figure and subsequent morphs using that script you have to run each time you buy an addtional character.

EDIT: as a side note, my job is in data conversions when people buy our sales order systems. If I were to use the logic presented here, I would have been reprimanded by my boss for incorrecting importing product names because I've just purposely changed the product name. (which messes up reporting and accounting) That's why it seems like an importing error to me. In my case, these would be flagged in an exception report, rather than change the product name to something else.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2014 at 3:48 AM

The CR2 can still be named Freak 4 or Hiro 4 to reflect the name of the figure it is meant to be. Being a clone of M4's cr2 that auto loads the morph has no bearing on that. You can load any cr2 into a scene and rename it whatever you want to rename it, and then save it back to the library and it will still load the same figure, with the same functionality, and keep the name you give it. I do this all the time with custom figures. 

As for the name numbering, it does make all the difference. ZBrush does the same thing. It changes the last number in the name of your file when there is a space between that number and the rest of the name. Many modeling programs do this. It helps with keeping track of file versions, but it can also be a hindrence at times. I tend to name my files with a date at the end, and if i'm not careful with my naming, i will get 2014, 2015, etc and it can screw up my archiving. And that is exactly what is happening here. Poser is changing the 4 in Michael 4's name to a 5 when there is already a Michael 4 in the scene, because of the space at the end of his name. It's not changing the 4 in Victoria4 because there is no space, so instead it is adding a space and a number sequence, which starts with 1 from the 2nd copy of Victoria4 that is loaded. Victoria4 and Victoria 4 are not the same names as far as poser is concerned. 

Whether this is proper etiquette for coders or not I can't say, as I'm not a coder. I'm just stating what I am observing. 

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2014 at 8:08 AM

file_507219.jpg

honestly that does not happen, I created a new mix M4K4 in case it was a problem of my model.(I dialed in the M4/K4 mix to 0.50)

Load the M4 Basicwear TShirt (do NOT attempt to conform)

Scale the shirt down to approximately 80% to get something resembling a fit

Go to the fitting room

Here I had to scale it again and place it on the model again

Choose the TShirt as the object to be fit, The Mixed Figure as the Goal

Do not autogroup

Select the affected body parts

I transferred only one Morph - Body Morphs  , I prove not transfer morph too , and tranfer all morph

Return to the Pose Room

hidden the original TShirt

Conform the now Fitted TShirt

Pose the figure and the result is disastrous as you can see, try a V4k4mix to test and the result is the same,I tried modifying parameters of all steps , copy joins , praying ,  burning candles and result is always the same honestly do not understand

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2014 at 12:44 PM

I am out of ideas.  I can't replicate the issue, so I can't help you resolve it.

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to skip transferring the morphs until you get the rigging correct.  You can always Copy Morphs From when you get the rigging done.

piersyf ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2014 at 7:38 PM

Regardless of the language being used, I've found the discussion on naming conventions useful to explain something. M4 and V4 are both DAZ products, and are named to fit within the coded naming conventions of their software (aparently using paretheses...I don't use DS). Poser seems to be using a stricter convention with a definite distinction between text and numeric.

I just renamed Michael 4 as Michael X (left the space in) and subsequent copies came in as Michael X 1, X 2 etc. X is not a number.

I renamed him again to remove the space, and got Michael4 1, as with V4.

Why the space? Who knows. I think Michael is the only DAZ character name that ends with a letter that has an ascender, so maybe it was to make it easier to read. In any case, the naming convention suits DAZ's coding, and as it's their product, that's fine. Poser is also using a well known coding convention that distinguishes between text and numeric entries. It is NOT a bug. Also fine.

If it bothers you, fix it, it's easy to do. Doesn't bother me, this was just a curiousity.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2014 at 8:33 AM

When I use the m4k4 mixer, I generally save it as a new figure, but with any body addons applied, and with the hair once I have that fitting decently.  But the saved name will be different from M4 or V4, just saves me from confusion.

Example: I have one I call Lynn, but I have Lynn 10, Lynn 13, Lynn 16, and Lynn.  Same figure, but with the added morphs and hair fitted so I don't have to mess with them.  Almost the same applies for the M4K4 figures.

However, a mixed figure does not play nice with the fitting room, for whatever reason, I have no idea.  Using Copy Morphs From sometimes does, but it varies with different clothing, some will, some won't.  No thoughts there either. 

Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

bwldrd ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2014 at 11:29 AM

Couple of questions.

1. Is this M4 clothing that you are trying to fit to the k4 Mix or is it clothing from another figure?

2. If it is M4 clothing, have you tried using the fit clothing script that comes with the m4-k4 mix script, and made for that purpose, or just the fitting room?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2014 at 11:54 AM

Quote - Couple of questions.

1. Is this M4 clothing that you are trying to fit to the k4 Mix or is it clothing from another figure?

2. If it is M4 clothing, have you tried using the fit clothing script that comes with the m4-k4 mix script, and made for that purpose, or just the fitting room?

1- yes , in the example is a M4 shirt

2- yes of course , in some cases, it works great, and other "regular ", that is why if I could use the power of the fitting room in these cases "no so good " would be great

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2014 at 12:42 PM

I think Poser made bad weightmaps for it.

The weightmaps in the short seem to be aligned to the old, unanimated joint origins, not the joints of the morphed figure.

I'll file a bug for it.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2014 at 7:46 PM

Quote - I think Poser made bad weightmaps for it.

The weightmaps in the short seem to be aligned to the old, unanimated joint origins, not the joints of the morphed figure.

I'll file a bug for it.

Ok I appreciate the fast response colorcurvature , this scrip , like everything you sell - gave me much more than I expected, it is difficult to find sellers like you Hannes,  not only sold an incredible product for a honestly very cheap price, and besides that are always willing to help after selling (many vendors should learn from you how to treat your buyers) this was just a question I had a while ago, but in reality most of the adjustment do with your script and it works great.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2014 at 7:53 PM · edited Sun, 14 September 2014 at 8:05 PM

Also I want to thank everyone who took time to answer me and tried to help me with my question,  thank you

[edited]

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2014 at 5:37 AM

No problem. I'll try to make a bake script that freezes the mixed figures in their current state. Maybe the fitting (and other tools) like that better. With a bit luck it might be enough to disconnect the ERC for the animated joints, and instead apply the current position as new joint origin.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2014 at 3:24 PM

hm no luck so far. does fitting room work on weightmapped figures in general? or does it need classic zones in the target figure?

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2014 at 3:41 PM

someone know, does fitting room work with figures that have only weight maps, not spheres? how about v4wm?

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 16 September 2014 at 5:22 PM

Quote - someone know, does fitting room work with figures that have only weight maps, not spheres? how about v4wm?

The fitting room works perfectly with Rex and Roxie.  Off the top of my head, I don't believe there are any spheres there.

I haven't found a figure yet that the fitting room fails to work on.  Some better than other, obviously, but it still works. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.