Fri, Oct 4, 2:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Your favorite "anthro'" figures

Redfern ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2015 at 7:08 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:29 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

By "anthro'" I mean models combining human and animalistic attributes.  But they are known by several names, anthros, anthromorphics, anthro-morphs, "funny" animals, furries, hybrids, "Moreaus" (in homage to the HG Wells' character) and others I can't immediately recall.

I'm curious.  Which are your favorites?

They can be geared for Poser or DAZ; it doesn't matter to me.  They can be serious or humorous, "realistic" or "cartoonish".  They can be stand-alone meshes or morphs and/or add-one parts for existing figures.

Obviously, the motif is not everyone's cup of tea.  But that's okay.  Some people prefer soccer to "American" football, while others care for neither.  There's no right or wrong answer.  But for those who do like to compose scenes with "anthros'", why don't we share examples and anecdotes.  What got you interested in the concept and how have 3D rendering tools allowed you to visualize those ideas?

Some of you may wish to skip the following retrospective and just look at the comparison render.

In 1985 I doodled my first anthropomorphic character.  At that time, I had no idea a "fandom" centered upon "funny animals" both silly and serious.  Such was the way of things living in a small southern town before the internet (well, before Windows 95 let everyone and their great aunt easier access).  By 1990 I had finalized her overall look and proportions and officially named her "k'tharr Rauthimas".  (Yes, how wonderfully pretentious.)  By 1992 I went to my first couple of weekend sci-fi conventions.  It was at an early Dragon*Con that I met someone who had a stack of photocopied works by people named Eric Schwartz, Terrie Smith and Ken Sample.  What?  Other people drew "serious" funny animals?  (Well, Eric's were comparatively a bit more whimsical but with an adult "edge".)  By the mid 90s, I settled upon K'th's attire, adding a mini biker's jacket to her fingerless gloves and leg-warmers.  (Hey, some guys like hosiery and high heels, 80s inspired "rumpled" leg-warmers are my "thing".)  Christmas 1995 I got my first Windows based PC and Jan. 1, '96, I joined CompuServe (it offered a local access number).  Come summer 1997, a locally owned ISP offered a flat rate plan that allowed me access to the world wide web.  Hoo boy!  Suddenly, I realized I was a very small fish in a very large ocean!  I thought I had created something "unique".  FAR from it!  Sexy cat-girls were a dime a dozen.  Like I stated above, I doodled her while living in a small southern town.  Besides no internet (or its earlier equivalent, an electronic bulletin board service), I was not part of any fan group mailing service.  I was quite "insulated".

Okay, let's jump ahead a few years.  I dabbled in some VERY basic digital modeling with Caligari's TrueSpace and eventually learned of and purchased Poser, starting with version 4.  I thought it might prove interesting to adapt "K'th" into a digital medium.  I started with the "Second Nature" figures LemurTek created, fusing body parts of the P4 nude male and female figures with the heads (and in some cases, rear legs) of the program supplied lion, wolf and cat.  I actually wound up with a (arguably) passable version.  A texture turned an upper garment into a leather biker's jacket and I found a pair of leg-warmer props, the two distinctive element's of K'th's wardrobe (such as it was).  It worked, but I knew "squat" about magnet shaped morphs to give her proportions closer to my original illustrations.  Little Dragon came along and followed upon LemurTek's concept.  Accept in his case, he fused the head of the (then recently released) Millennium Cat with the body of Victoria 2.  Okay, this was getting closer to my "ideal".  Then DAZ released Aiko 3 and the figure's versatility jumped when Beth Capsces offered a set of morphs including a "cat mouth".  When I combined it with a set of textures Daio made for V3 (based upon photos of her favorite cat), I finally got the body shape I wanted from the start.  I thought this was the end of the story.

But something was stirring at RunTimeDNA.  The creator of Koshini, Lady LittleFox, had something in the works.  Paralleling what both LemurTek and Little Dragon did, she decided to use the body of an existing figure, one very popular and thus having a lot of wardrobe items already available, Aiko 3.  But instead of taking the head geometry of an existing animal, she modeled her own from scratch, one that reflected her lighthearted tastes.  She released it as "Melody".  (I'll be honest; it's a lovely but somewhat vague name.  I would have gone for something like "Felicia" or "Felina" and named the Hiro 3 based male counterpart "Felix".)  Yes!  This was so close!  But, something, I'm not sure what exactly, was missing.  Then Beth Capsces saved the day once again.  She developed and released a set of add-on morphs, "Furries for Melody".  Suddenly, Melody could be shaped into several distinctive mammals, felines, both large and small, canids including wolves, dogs and foxes, even mustelids and rodents like mice.  Starting with one of the snmall cat "presets", I tweaked the settings until I sat back and saw K'th in polygonal form "looking" back at me.  This, THIS is wanted I wanted to achieve for literally years!  With the addition of some foot paw morphs by JENelson (aka Anchronicity in other circles) and a quasi realistic "pelt" by Capsces, I finally caught lightning in a bottle!

file_6c4b761a28b734fe93831e3fb400ce87.jp

Here is K'tharr Rauthimas as she appears today compared to a hand drawn illustration (inks and colored pencils) I created in August 1998.  Obviously, there are a few differences.  I changed the color of her leg-warmers to more or less match the color of her mane.  I've also given her a belt with little pouches to carry small items.  But I must saw I'm honestly surprised how close the digital version favors the traditional media.  Or maybe it's just my delusional ego blinding me to a far less flattering reality.

So, what are your anecdotes and preferred figures?

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2015 at 10:22 PM

Nice! Come on folks ... this a great topic!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 21 July 2015 at 11:03 PM · edited Tue, 21 July 2015 at 11:04 PM

Entertaining yarn Redfern. Not really into Anthro/ Funny Animal in relation to Poser but I really like standalone creature, toon, and conventional animal figures. I have quite a varied collection but a couple furry favorites are Sanctum Art's Phenotype Horde and Mestophales' Manitou. They're weretypes so I guess that qualifies as anthro. Female gendered anthro stuff is curiously scarce in my runtimes other than Daz standard creature morphs varieties. Think I might have Melody in my A3 runtime.

Hey, speaking of furry sex kittens, remember Reed Waller's "Omaha the Cat Dancer" comic?

file_7ef605fc8dba5425d6965fbd4c8fbe1f.jp

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 8:39 AM

Ooh!  Not only "approval", but but also "motivation" from a moderator!  I'm honestly flattered!  Thanks, Boni!  By the way, I tagged my post with the "nudity" tag because I wasn't sure how the base Melody figure sans pelvic garments should be classified.  Personally, I subscribe to the "Donald Duck principle", that is, a "funny animal" character isn't really naked if covered in fur or feathers, no "naughty bits" are exposed, and they wear at least some sort of "accessary".  But I realize some people do not accept that philosophy.  There are those offended by Porky Pig and not because of his speech impendiment.

Yes, EldritchCellar, I'd certainly count lycanthropes (werewolves) as anthros and I'd welcome them if you wish to present some examples.  SanctumArts' Horde is a truly impressive figure.  I know someone who used the figure extensively in a novel length comic story (literally several hundred panels, maybe over a thousand), depicting it as members of an intelligent spacefaring species.  He employed "magnets" and morph brush tools to give the mesh considerably more expression the the default version.

I've read good things about the Manitou, but I haven't seen that many examples with the figure.  I thought maybe you had some depictions in your gallery, but alas, I see it is currently empty.  Maybe you'll post some in this thread.

Omaha, the cat Dancer?  Heh, heh, now there's a tail, er, I mean a tale.  ;-)  It can be argued that Omaha's creator, Reed Waller, helped jump-start what we now call the "furry fandom".  In 1976 Reed Waller and Ken Fletcher started a fanzine titled "Vootie", a mail-order collection of comic strips by contributing artists focusing on "funny animals".  As the premiere issue stated, "no humans allowed".  As the story goes, a contributing member, Taral Wayne, jokingly observed, "Hey, there's not enough sex in funny animal comics," and dared Waller to draw one.  Inspired by Robert Crumb's notorious "Fritz the Cat", Waller accepted the challenge and drew a one page story culminating with an unnamed cat-girl obtaining, ahem, "satisfaction" from a giant "pen of g*d".  With just a bit of refinement, this cat-girl became Omaha and waller printed her first short story in issue 8.  Waller polished the concept further and in 1981, the first "real" issue of "Omaha, the Cat Dancer" was published.

Now, here's the "kicker".  Reed Waller is, or at least, was a member her at Renderosity and was even a content merchant with a store for a while.  Honest!  He closed his store long ago and I have not witnessed any activity from him in nearly a decade, but his gallery still exists.  His last submission, dated 2004, was his modifying Victoria 2 to look like Omaha and Shelley.  When I first saw it, I thought, "Depending upon his views about 3D, Reed Waller just might like this adaptation of his charcaters.  They look pretty darn close."  Then I checked out the artist's page for "rwaller".  OMG!  That IS Reed Waller!!!  The "founder of furry fandom" works with Poser??!!!  Of course, I had to comment and praise his submission.  He actually responded and his reply was very friendly.  That blew my mind!

For those curious, here is the link.  Be forewarned the characters are topless as they sunbathe by a pool.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=680017&username=rwaller&member&np

Sincerely,

Bill

false1 ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 11:40 AM

Yeah, this is a great topic. Every time I think of anthro I think of Omaha. That was in '81? Nearly 35 years ago? Hard to believe.

Can't express how much I appreciate the work Capsces did with the gen 3 and 4 figures. Not just anthro but humans and toons as well. They brought an artistry and completeness to their work that we'll probably never see again. To bad Capsces seems to only do poses now. I'm surprised the kind of figures you mention aren't used more. I think toon and anthro images could resonate far beyond the Poser/Daz realism obsessed community. Traditional illustrators do these kind of images all the time.

I've used the anthro morphs done for Melody and Micah as well as Peaches and Pickles Fuzzies. Both sets are excellent and it depends on how real I want the characters to be. A great value as you can populate a whole world to look cohesive.

Here is my take on Brer Rabbit for a series I hope to return to. It's called Braggadocio and shows Brer Rabbit pontificating on his exploits to Brer Mouse. I really, really wish I could get those feet/paws for him that you used. They're not available anymore are they?

file_eb160de1de89d9058fcb0b968dbbbd68.jp

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 12:03 PM · edited Wed, 22 July 2015 at 12:05 PM

False1, are you familiar with a site called Fur Affinity?  It's an on-line gallery for those interested in anthropomorphic themes.  (Just be aware it permits full blown "NC-17" material).  JENelson, the merchant who sold "Kasa for Aiko 3", a morph set turning A3 into a lupine biped (with your choice of plantigrade or digitigrade paw type feet), is known as Achronicity at that location.  I don't know if he is still active, but you might want to try contacting him.  He might sell you the set directly.  Or considering he closed his store, he might just give it to you.  I really can't say, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

By the way, that's a really nifty concept, using Micah to depict Brer Rabbit!  He looks to be really getting into story, no doubt bragging how he has outwitted Brer Fox and Brer Bear yet again.

Sincerely,

Bill 

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 12:44 PM

Master Ki...for the obvious reason.

file_6974ce5ac660610b44d9b9fed0ff9548.jp

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 2:22 PM

I'm guessing this figure might be available at Content Paradise?  You don't appear to have a store here at Rendo.

With that font style, his name and his "bushy" brows and chin, I gather you designed him as some kind of martial arts sensei, at least from a marketing perspective.  I kinda' expect his voice to be an odd mixture of the Ninja Turtles' "Splinter" and "Chester Cheetah' from the Cheetos commercials, wavering from authoritative to "laid back", a kind of Kung Fu "stoner".  ;-)

Sincerely,

Bill 

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 2:32 PM

No, it was an exclusive to Renderosity back when I was a moderator here and had my own store with the site. If I were to ever redo him with better textures, topology, and rigging (no offense PhilC), I would have to release it at CP now because of my non-compete clause.

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 2:41 PM

Ah, gotcha'.  He certainly is expressive!  He reminds me of the late George Carlin.  I think it's the way he "crooks" his mouth.

Sincerely,

Bill 

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 2:44 PM

Thanks, I can totally see that, lol. neat.

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 3:56 PM

@Redfern
First time I ever came across Furries was experiencing an online game called Secondlife.

I used to be a member many years ago, and I clearly remember it being populated by those Furry people.  There seemed to be two popular fetishes on there; Goths and Furries.  Funny thing though, I used to think the Furries were some sort of dress code for Secondlife when I first started using it, and I remember it took me some days (probably weeks) before I realised what it was really about.  I couldn't say what it's like now (probably more furries than ever), but there were a heck of a lot of them back then.

So anyway, you might want to check-out Secondlife if you haven't, it was definitely a haven for Furries :-)

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 4:00 PM

I'm guessing this figure might be available at Content Paradise?  You don't appear to have a store here at Rendo.

With that font style, his name and his "bushy" brows and chin, I gather you designed him as some kind of martial arts sensei, at least from a marketing perspective.  I kinda' expect his voice to be an odd mixture of the Ninja Turtles' "Splinter" and "Chester Cheetah' from the Cheetos commercials, wavering from authoritative to "laid back", a kind of Kung Fu "stoner".  ;-)

Sincerely,

Bill 

Oh and yes, his name was a bit of a pun. He's a former superhero who was a martial arts expert. He was sought out by Exclamation X and his sidekick, The Target to train them to be superheroes. They completely suck at being superheroes by the way. Anyway, Master Ki was meant to help Exclamation "unlock" his potential. Get it? Unlock? Master Ki? Comedy.

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 22 July 2015 at 7:54 PM

Pumeco, ah, yes, I've read about Second Life and how it have proven a popular on-line community for sizable number of furry fans.  But I'm not really good at sustaining a roleplaying persona, so I would probably "break character" and dampen the atmosphere of other players.  Shoot, I can barely keep up with traditional forums, let alone the newer venues like Second Life, IMVU and similar arrangements.  I rarely engaged in tabletop D7D type games for the same reason (unless dragged to one by a friend who was really into those activities).  Well, that plus the fact I could never keep the "scoring" systems straight.  I mean, one could spend 15 minutes or more in dice throws just to determine if one manged to take a "whiz"!  No, I'm not knocking the games; I'm just too easily confused.

I suspect it proved popular with the anthro crowd because the tools allowed for customized avatars functioning in real time, a bit like cosplaying without the physical discomfort (or far greater expense) of a physical costume.  Plus, areas are reserved for players to engage in somewhat "mature" scenarios.

But I appreciate the gesture, bringing it to my attention.

Sincerely,

Bill

pumeco ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2015 at 5:19 AM

I never used to roleplay in Secondlife.  I just used to go around with a rather plain but sensible Gothic avatar.  But what I liked about the place was that you could build your stuff live in-game and play around with it, and I absolutely loved just going around solo and exploring the sims and worlds people made - so it's not like you have to hang with anyone or join clubs if you don't want to - I never did.  But I got quite addicted to it at the time and to be honest I can't remember why I drifted from using it.  You're right about the adult side of it though, there's plenty of that.  I never got involved in it, but it was fun to look-on in secret (make myself invisible) and see what others were up to (especially in the darker Gothic areas of Secondlife).  I suppose I was the Secondlife equivalent of a Peeping Tom :-P

Anyway, you're welcome :-)

I YouTubed  "Secondlife Furries"  and sure enough, they're still there and expanding their species!
In fact, in the opening shot, this one looks rather like your Poser Furry :

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2015 at 7:40 AM

I must say that pair of cat dancers certainly put on a show.  I liked how their tails seemed to react to the swinging of their hips.  Working with Poser trying to avoid things like "poke through" zand continually experimenting with shadows, seeing those figures slide through solid objects or hover in mid air and never casting shadows just made me wince.  Yeah, I know that's not the purpose of the tools and concessions have to be made for "real time" interaction across servers and hundreds of PC.  But when I see uploaded footage of "SkyRim" gameplay, I wonder if the Second Life code has hit some sort of graphics "ceiling" or dead end.

Regardless, I bet the third party content makers are making some decent pocket change creating and selling customized anthro avatars.

Sincerely,

Bill

pumeco ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2015 at 4:30 PM

I used to wonder the same thing, lol, graphics was never SL's strong point.  It definitely has shadows though, even dynamic self-shadows, though they probably left those off due to lag while shooting their Machinima.  To be fair though, even quite a few years back I saw some pretty damn amazing stuff done in SL, I'm not kidding, especially some of the Gothic and Horror sims, there are some very talented creators who use it, know how to get the best out of it etc.

I agree, the tails look good, possibly a script that monitors the hip, SL has a massive 'Marketplace' that sells all sorts of scripts for the avatars.

vholf ( ) posted Thu, 23 July 2015 at 10:19 PM · edited Thu, 23 July 2015 at 10:19 PM

Well I have a few I worked on some time ago, I don't remember if it was a commission or not.

And I have on my gallery too

file_9fc3d7152ba9336a670e36d0ed79bc43.jp

file_cfecdb276f634854f3ef915e2e980c31.jpfile_a597e50502f5ff68e3e25b9114205d4a.jp

Redfern ( ) posted Fri, 24 July 2015 at 12:25 PM

While I'm partial to felinoids, of your three offerings, I like your vulpine "Miranda" the best.  It's the definition you gave to her abs and overall silhouette.  It gives one the impression she's more than able to chase down the "bountiful" bunny "Petunia" pictured second.

Sincerely,

Bill

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 28 July 2015 at 9:26 PM

@Hioushi
Nice look to the characters, and liking the presentation as well - like a matching set.

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2015 at 12:56 AM

If you guys wanna' cheap laugh, here's my very first attempt at depicting K'th in digital format, a good 3 years before I purchased my first copy of Poser, version 4.

.file_149e9677a5989fd342ae44213df68868.jp

I cobbled this together in Caligari's TrueSpace using a base figure from a "Tom Woof", a collection of intersecting ellipsoid polyhedrons he packaged as "Manga Babes".  (To be fair, he would later go on to sculpt a much more eye-pleasing  "single cage" form.  But it was a purchase item and was not "rigged", at least not for TrueSpace, and the default pose was a modified "T".)  This was the "free" version.  Since it was constructed of overlapping spheroids already, I simply added more to build up paw-like feet and a muzzle for her face.  I used toroids to build up leg-warmers and two halves of one to form an "S" curve for a tail.

Not quite comparable to my illustrative abilities of the same period (late 90s), eh?

Sincerely,

Bill

false1 ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2015 at 7:52 PM

Gotta admire your persistance, lol.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

pumeco ( ) posted Sun, 02 August 2015 at 10:18 AM

@Redfern
In Secondlife those leg-warmers would be called Prim-ware, cause in the early days (before custom meshes) they used Torus Prims to do stuff like that :-D
Valiant effort, at least you pulled it off - so that's determination for ya!

Redfern ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 2:11 AM

In my initial post I alluded to a few different anthropomorphic figures that were made for Poser over the years.  So let's start with one of the earliest, the "Second Nature" series by LemurTek.  Yes, "series" since he modeled, rigged and released more than just one.

At their collective core, the Second Nature figures were seamless fusions between the Poser 4 nude male and female meshes and the program supplied animals, specifically, the housecat, the wolf and the lion.  In several cases, LemurTek bridged the torso of the P4 human figures and the heads of the aforementioned animals with custom neck geometry.  he also modified the hip geometry and linked the tail of the appropriate animal.  Of course, those animals had jut 4 or 5 tail segments, so any bends other than the joint at the hip tended to make the tails look "crimped" (as though a door or window had slammed upon them).  Not really LemurTek's fault as he worked with what was available to him at that time.

When I first "met" LemurTek, he had relesed a "catgirl" fusing the head of the Poser cat with the body of "Posette" (the Poser 4 nude female).  He opted to give the figure the thicker neck of a feline.  I asked him if he might consider creating a variation, one with a neck more proportionally human, but also having "digitigrade" (standing upon toes rather than flat upon the arch, "plantigrade") paw/feet.  To be honest, I can't remember the "terms", but the important point is that he agreed to create it.  And per my request, he used the thicker toes from the Poser lion rather than the dainty toes from the cat.  When I saw the finished design, I noticed he opted for a short, rather "felid" calf/shin section and a much longer arch.  Personally, I had hoped to for a leg that would have been roughly 1/3 length thigh, 1/3 length calf/shin (and a bit more human looking) and the final third being the feline arch and paw-like toes.  Still, many different leg designs exist for anthro' characters (there are no "absolute" standards), and LemurTek constructed what he thought appropriate.

LemurTek would later incorporate this leg design for the male counterpart as well as for leonine figures, both male and female.  For a Poser "werewolf", he used elements of the Poser wolf's rear legs.  By the time he stopped his project, LemurTek had released both plantigrade and digitigrade versions "cat people", "werewolves" and "lion people", both male and female.  Some had thicker animal necks, some had slender, more human necks.  He also released "tigers" modified from the lion head geometries, and foxes derived frpm the cats.  You may notice a pattern here.  They were all predatory species.  But he was working with what Poser offered and the program at that type only had one exclusive herbivore, a horse.  I don't think he ever attempted an equine.

Anyway, here is an example of that figure LemurTek made for me, one he called Guenevere.  However, it is not quite "straight from the box".  Little Dragon (whom I will discuss in greater detail in a later post) supplied a set of eye props to replace the static geometry of the original Poser cat's eyes as well as an ERC rigged figure he labeled the "Bushy Tail" having far more joints (for smooth bending) and a clever system of nested transparency mapped "cones" to produce a rather effective illusion of "bushy" or "fluffy" fur.

file_f899139df5e1059396431415e770c6dd.jp

True, figure engineering has progressed a bit since this and its related figures were released, but for their time, they were quite nifty.  Hey, it can even handle the functions to quad divide the mesh with "errant" points stretching to the scene's "zero" coordinates.  that demonstrates some very clean modeling!

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 10:04 AM

Hmm, looks like I thoroughly "killed" this thread.

Sincerely,

Bill

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 09 October 2015 at 6:58 AM

Hea, these are great! We can keep this going. I'll bump it up and let's see what happens. 😄

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

shante ( ) posted Fri, 23 October 2015 at 10:42 PM

I have a few Lemurteks stuff.One in particular though nice overall was a pain because it had major issues with its hands. It was the man lion figure that had some clothing items with it. I used it to make a tsur figure with the P4 lion at the time carrying a human captive on its back. Looked god enough to me at the time of Poser 4 use. I had all his figures once I know they are stashed away all nice and snug on some cd somewhere but too many too look through make looking for them an unwise decision. As far as my preferences I stick obsessively to clasics like Centaur, Minotaur, Satyr, Werewolf, Sphinx, Echidna, etc. Can't get enough of them and use mine all the time.

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2015 at 7:54 PM

This entry will be a bit shorter than I want because I tore the nail of my index finger and I currently have it bandaged against additional injury. Obviously, it impairs what little typing ability I marginally possess.

Anyway, expanding upon the concept LemurTek employed, Little Dragon took the head geometryoif the Millennium Cat DAZ had recently released and "fused" it (using custom neck polygons) with the body of Victoria 2, a morph enhanced version of that company's first major figure development, the Millennium Woman. RTEencoder was needed to properly install the figure, the "keys" being the base .OBJ geometry of both products. This ensured one had the original products. Smart fellow that he is, the head of the Mil' Cat and the body of V2 retained their respectively original UV mapping. This meant one could apply the various maps released for the cat and those available for V2. However a fur covered face in combination with a bare skinned body would look a bit odd unless one were depicting one of the traditional forms of Bastet, the cat goddess from Egypt's pantheon, so LD saw fit to make some body textures that would blend with the Mil' Cat. He even provided a special morph to reshape the head into a more lupine (wolf) form. And he did this all for free. The files are still available under his account here at Rendo'.

Mia-Concord-J-1.jpg

The other day I "dusted off" the fused figure Little Dragon called "Mia", and I tweaked a custom character I had made with her years ago. She's wearing the V2 body-suit with the "Concord Pathfinders" uniform texture. As with the LemurTek figure in my earlier post, Mia is also using Little Dragon's "Bushy Tail 2".

Alas, the timing of Mia's release was a bit unfortunate. Not too long after her debut, DAZ introduced Victoria 3 and V2 was metaphorically tossed by the wayside. Vendors and artists alike started to focus on the "latest and greatest". I believe Mia is still a viable figure for many scenarios,

Sincerely,

Bill

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2015 at 8:10 PM

Yeah, sometimes old figures still have some life in them :)

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2016 at 2:32 PM

With the popularity of the recently released "Zootopia" (98% rating at "rotten Tomatoes"), now might the the time for artists to showcase their "funny animal" efforts.

Sincerely,

Bill

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2016 at 3:32 PM

I always liked Amy the Squirrel and her various buddies (I recall Sabrina Skunk and Clarisse Cat), back in the heyday of the Amiga. Then there's the Freefall strip, for which I have to thank you, Mr R, for pointing me towards it.

Other than that, never been really interested in the genre; I enjoyed the above because they're genuinely funny.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2016 at 3:58 PM

Funny enough, my first exposure to "original" anthro' designs (as opposed to fan art of entertainment properties) were drawings by Eric Schwartz (as well as those by Terrie Smith and Ken "Coug'r" Sample) someone showed me when I attended an Atlanta based convention (not a "furry" con, just a general SF convention) in the early 90s.

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 09 November 2016 at 12:16 PM

Melody-Mzzkiti-J-1.jpg

Strip016.jpg

Returning to an earlier discussed figure, here's Melody as "Lt. Ahtahbi Mzzkiti" from "Freighter Tails", a web-comic I drew from 2001 and then allowed to languish after my writing partner, Paul Scott Gibbs died in 2002. Yeah, I used similar morphs similar to those I dialed for K'Tharr Rauthimas (mentioned in the first post)for her face, but that's logical as I used K'th as a "template" for Mzzkiti and simply drew her a tad more cartoonish style.

Aiko 3.0 Base...DAZ3D Aiko 3.0 Morphs and Maps...DAZ3D Kioki for A3...Beth Capsces Melody...Lady LittleFox Furries for Melody...Beth Capsces Tiger textures...Beth Capsces Rabbit textures...Beth Capsces Kasa for Aiko...JeNelson Versa-Tail...JeNelson A3 Bodysuits & Machine Gun set...Billy-T SPF padded vest...Little Dragon & Idelacio Tail tuft...Little Dragon

Sincerely,

Bill

3Dave ( ) posted Wed, 09 November 2016 at 2:56 PM

I made a Ganesh figure a while ago, noy an actual figure, but the product of some "Steining" 2 M4's and an elephant, plus the Daz PythonGaneshStill055.jpg

Netherworks ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2016 at 12:37 AM

Love me some furries! Look at the avatar!

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2016 at 7:39 AM

Netherworks posted at 7:29AM Thu, 10 November 2016 - #4289534

Love me some furries! Look at the avatar!

Well, a lot of people love teddy bears without being anthro' fans, so i try not to make assumptions.

Sincerely,

Bill

shante ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2016 at 3:25 PM

Some of the new Furries characters are nice but I still stuck in the past as in Mythological anthro such as Centaur, Minotaur, Satyr, Wargs, Werewolf, Naga to name a few. I love all the morphs packs available at philosophers egg for the mil4 figures. He has done a real nice job creating these anthro options for these figures and i recommend them highly especially if you like pig, and goat and elephant and dog and dragon and well the lost goes on a bit and they are available for both V4M4 and K4 to keep the family playing together. I used to play with the lemurtek characters and still have a few in my runtime but the joints were real bad for the ones I have unless work was done to them to make them better not worth the effort in my opinion. If more care was used in making them with better joints I would have given them higher points. I would love to see all those sets available again but made to be used in newer versions of Poser and to be able to stand side by side with the sensibilities and character builds of today to look a bit more realisitic.

AJ-DRAGON ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2017 at 12:46 PM

Hi

I know this is off topick but does anyone know of any other way to contact JEnelson aka Achronicity other then Renderosity or Furaffinity. I have bin trying to contact him for acouple of weeks now with out any success, so if anyone has any other leads I coulds try it would be very helpfull.

shante ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2017 at 2:31 PM

Hioushi posted at 2:30PM Tue, 17 January 2017 - #4215092

Well I have a few I worked on some time ago, I don't remember if it was a commission or not.

And I have on my gallery too

file_9fc3d7152ba9336a670e36d0ed79bc43.jp

file_cfecdb276f634854f3ef915e2e980c31.jpfile_a597e50502f5ff68e3e25b9114205d4a.jp

Forgive me if I missed something but these are real nice characters. What base figure were they built upon: Mil3, Mil4 or Genesis?

shante ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2017 at 2:32 PM

Redfern posted at 2:31PM Tue, 17 January 2017 - #4289477

Melody-Mzzkiti-J-1.jpg

Strip016.jpg

Returning to an earlier discussed figure, here's Melody as "Lt. Ahtahbi Mzzkiti" from "Freighter Tails", a web-comic I drew from 2001 and then allowed to languish after my writing partner, Paul Scott Gibbs died in 2002. Yeah, I used similar morphs similar to those I dialed for K'Tharr Rauthimas (mentioned in the first post)for her face, but that's logical as I used K'th as a "template" for Mzzkiti and simply drew her a tad more cartoonish style.

Aiko 3.0 Base...DAZ3D Aiko 3.0 Morphs and Maps...DAZ3D Kioki for A3...Beth Capsces Melody...Lady LittleFox Furries for Melody...Beth Capsces Tiger textures...Beth Capsces Rabbit textures...Beth Capsces Kasa for Aiko...JeNelson Versa-Tail...JeNelson A3 Bodysuits & Machine Gun set...Billy-T SPF padded vest...Little Dragon & Idelacio Tail tuft...Little Dragon

Sincerely,

Bill

Ha nice job. I still have some of the original Omaha undergrounds!

shante ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2017 at 2:38 PM

Redfern posted at 2:34PM Tue, 17 January 2017 - #4218764

In my initial post I alluded to a few different anthropomorphic figures that were made for Poser over the years.  So let's start with one of the earliest, the "Second Nature" series by LemurTek.  Yes, "series" since he modeled, rigged and released more than just one.

At their collective core, the Second Nature figures were seamless fusions between the Poser 4 nude male and female meshes and the program supplied animals, specifically, the housecat, the wolf and the lion.  In several cases, LemurTek bridged the torso of the P4 human figures and the heads of the aforementioned animals with custom neck geometry.  he also modified the hip geometry and linked the tail of the appropriate animal.  Of course, those animals had jut 4 or 5 tail segments, so any bends other than the joint at the hip tended to make the tails look "crimped" (as though a door or window had slammed upon them).  Not really LemurTek's fault as he worked with what was available to him at that time.

When I first "met" LemurTek, he had relesed a "catgirl" fusing the head of the Poser cat with the body of "Posette" (the Poser 4 nude female).  He opted to give the figure the thicker neck of a feline.  I asked him if he might consider creating a variation, one with a neck more proportionally human, but also having "digitigrade" (standing upon toes rather than flat upon the arch, "plantigrade") paw/feet.  To be honest, I can't remember the "terms", but the important point is that he agreed to create it.  And per my request, he used the thicker toes from the Poser lion rather than the dainty toes from the cat.  When I saw the finished design, I noticed he opted for a short, rather "felid" calf/shin section and a much longer arch.  Personally, I had hoped to for a leg that would have been roughly 1/3 length thigh, 1/3 length calf/shin (and a bit more human looking) and the final third being the feline arch and paw-like toes.  Still, many different leg designs exist for anthro' characters (there are no "absolute" standards), and LemurTek constructed what he thought appropriate.

LemurTek would later incorporate this leg design for the male counterpart as well as for leonine figures, both male and female.  For a Poser "werewolf", he used elements of the Poser wolf's rear legs.  By the time he stopped his project, LemurTek had released both plantigrade and digitigrade versions "cat people", "werewolves" and "lion people", both male and female.  Some had thicker animal necks, some had slender, more human necks.  He also released "tigers" modified from the lion head geometries, and foxes derived frpm the cats.  You may notice a pattern here.  They were all predatory species.  But he was working with what Poser offered and the program at that type only had one exclusive herbivore, a horse.  I don't think he ever attempted an equine.

Anyway, here is an example of that figure LemurTek made for me, one he called Guenevere.  However, it is not quite "straight from the box".  Little Dragon (whom I will discuss in greater detail in a later post) supplied a set of eye props to replace the static geometry of the original Poser cat's eyes as well as an ERC rigged figure he labeled the "Bushy Tail" having far more joints (for smooth bending) and a clever system of nested transparency mapped "cones" to produce a rather effective illusion of "bushy" or "fluffy" fur.

file_f899139df5e1059396431415e770c6dd.jp

True, figure engineering has progressed a bit since this and its related figures were released, but for their time, they were quite nifty.  Hey, it can even handle the functions to quad divide the mesh with "errant" points stretching to the scene's "zero" coordinates.  that demonstrates some very clean modeling!

Sincerely,

Bill

I picked up all of Lemurteks figures but always had problems with some of the joints like wrists and arms etc. Seems when i migrated from P4 they all went south on me. I used his one of his male lions....sorry don't remember his name but he had a costume and weapons for him available in the freebies section, to make a lion taur using the Lemurtek humanoid upper body with the P4 lion body base body. Came out real nice. I replaced the static mane with a hair and beard figure i got from DAZ a lifetime ago an it looked even better. Lost the character in a hard drive crash while trying to back it up....go figure. Is that lion figure still available does anyone know? Would like to try it again for use in PoserPro 2014.

shante ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2017 at 2:44 PM · edited Tue, 17 January 2017 at 2:57 PM

NUDITY HERE just curious if anyone here has tried any of Philosophers Egg animal morphs for Mil4 figures (M4, V4, K4)? They are quite beautiful. I got most of them and he has made a nice diverse menagerie of of face/head/body adjustments for the base figures and the Creature Creatir sets for them. If anyone here is interested look up Philosophers Egg (not sure I could post a link here sorry).!

This is a render with his Minotaur morph set:

f4_tauren_hunts_prey_fxnm_by_shantetoo-Clean.jpg

oh just found the Chakat warrior I was talking about on another post here but due to adult nature not possible to post here.

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2017 at 1:20 PM

Cthulhu-Host-J-4.jpg

Not sure this really counts as an "athro'" figure, not by the loose definition I stated at the start of the thread, but I thought I'd place this here rather than starting a new thread.

I was inspired to "interpret" a series of videos in which someone used a Cthulhu hand puppet (yes, a commercially available item does exist) as the host of a "call in" advice show! After giving each "caller" some sage and reasonable advice, Cthulhu would turn nihilistic and describe how he'd eventually shatter their minds and "eat their soul". I nearly choked from laughter as his speech would turn Lovercarftian with "purple prose" when threatening each caller.

I decided to use Sixus1's more recent Cthulhu figure and staged a "talk show" type environment that holds some Netherworld elements (I used the back wall of the "Alien" Space Jockey set as Giger's motifs fit Lovecraft quite well). In addition to the prerequisite microphone and coffee mug, I propped up (by a pile of skulls) a copy of the dreaded Necronomicon (styled after the "Evil Dead" props) as though he's hawking his latest publishing venture.

Yeah, a bit oddball, I know.

Sincerely,

Bill

Alomniux ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2018 at 6:14 PM

Hi, I'm in fact pretty new around here, but since I plan to study something related to this program and as well wanted see how can I render while using Poser to go quite (I think, but would be different) complex using a female Lynx, who technically the idea came from reading some StH comics; later that Zootopia movie but I decided to start adding her more details and made her completly different compared to how she used to look at least mentally, since I couldn't afford for pay an artist and do the job. Anyways, I'm asking this long before enter to study that career and with that know somethings before the teacher comes joking with the opposite or something like that. So I come to recieve hints and tricks so I can spend more time working with her than doing the same whole question so many times, as I've been seeing all of your designs.

freyfaxi62 ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2018 at 7:02 PM

My Favourite "anthro" figures have to be those V4/M4/K4 morphs put out by Sparky over on the Philosophers Egg site. So many different ones :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.