Thu, Sep 19, 4:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:54 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: final questions

structure ( ) posted Thu, 28 January 2016 at 11:49 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:45 AM
Forum Coordinator

I suppose that I will have to delete all my freestuff one by one also? how do I close my vendor account ?

Locked Out

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 28 January 2016 at 11:53 AM

Yes you will need to.

To close your vendor account please email: vendors@renderosity.com and we will help you further.

I'm sad to see you go. I really wish you would reconsider. :(

structure ( ) posted Fri, 29 January 2016 at 7:08 AM
Forum Coordinator

KimberlyC posted at 1:02PM Fri, 29 January 2016 - #4251787

Yes you will need to.

To close your vendor account please email: vendors@renderosity.com and we will help you further.

I'm sad to see you go. I really wish you would reconsider. :(

Thanks Kimberly, I have been a member here since 2001 and recently, I, like many others have become tired of this constant battling to get a usable, working site. The last straw was getting a completely unnecessary warning for a comment which stayed within the TOS. My gallery and freestuff are both gone now. It just requires my store to be closed. and then, once I have downloaded all my purchases, my account will be deleted.

Locked Out

bonestructure ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2016 at 1:02 PM

How very odd we have almost the same name. I've been here like, forever. Almost since the beginning. Trust me, the site now works a million times better than it did in the early days. Yes, I got mad once and took all my stuff down. But I missed the place. It was rather petulant of me and I regretted it quickly. Rosity is like, my art home on the web. I got started here, what with Bryce and Poser and PSP and worked my way up to Photoshop and Max and all, and now I'm fairly well known in many circles as a first rate artist. And, without a doubt, I owe a great debt to the people at Rosity who helped me. I love the place. I may not like all the changes but, hey, I ain't runnin the place and they don't bother me that much.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2016 at 2:58 PM

I'm so glad to hear that @ bonestructure! As I said, we're so glad you came back to us! Please enjoy your time here. 😏

Hope Kumor

Editor-in-chief of Renderosity Magazine

IceEmpress ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2016 at 8:47 PM · edited Sun, 14 February 2016 at 8:52 PM

It's worth mentioning that Structure is known as JLK over at Sharecg.

Also bear in mind that Structure (going by his forum posts in the past) has been unhappy with Renderosity for some time (IIRC at least a full year), and has thought about leaving for almost as long. His problems, as I recall, were the trolls in the Poser forum as well as the horrendously executed yearly site redesigns, particularly the most recent one.

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2016 at 5:06 AM

IceEmpress posted at 11:02AM Mon, 15 February 2016 - #4255082

It's worth mentioning that Structure is known as JLK over at Sharecg.

Also bear in mind that Structure (going by his forum posts in the past) has been unhappy with Renderosity for some time (IIRC at least a full year), and has thought about leaving for almost as long. His problems, as I recall, were the trolls in the Poser forum as well as the horrendously executed yearly site redesigns, particularly the most recent one.

That is worth mentioning and, for me, also worth noting that his experience has been shared by others. I was never attacked in the Poser forum, well not that I read anyway (I did use the ignore button quite often) but it certainly became not a nice place to be. Renderosity is now trying to improve the situation but sadly the site upgrades and previous situation has already meant a lot of good people have left.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

structure ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2016 at 9:14 AM
Forum Coordinator

thanks guys, I am still on the fringes here, but not really participating any longer, yes my freebies are still available on SCG.

Locked Out

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2016 at 9:34 AM

Structure posted at 3:30PM Mon, 15 February 2016 - #4255142

thanks guys, I am still on the fringes here, but not really participating any longer, yes my freebies are still available on SCG.

I am in a similar position, not that I am skilled enough to have created any freebies. I don't shop here any more, I am not going to renew Prime membership when comes to to renew and I have deleted my gallery.

I tend to reply in the community and Prime forum, because I would like Rendo to start making steps in the right direction, but in the Poser forum I am generally in lurk mode but then there is so little that is interesting compared with a couple of years ago.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2016 at 9:34 AM

Structure posted at 3:30PM Mon, 15 February 2016 - #4255142

I am in a similar position, not that I am skilled enough to have created any freebies. I don't shop here any more, I am not going to renew Prime membership when comes to to renew and I have deleted my gallery.

I tend to reply in the community and Prime forum, because I would like Rendo to start making steps in the right direction, but in the Poser forum I am generally in lurk mode but then there is so little that is interesting compared with a couple of years ago.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2016 at 10:02 AM

It's a shame that we have lost some members. We're trying everything we can to make this a GREAT and FUN place to be. Some members visit constantly day after day and some just come here from time-to-time. But, the members that come sporadic still LOVE Renderosity - no matter what anyone says! 😄 If they didn't, they wouldn't want to come here whatsoever. Am I right?

Thank you for being dedicated members to our site!

Hope Kumor

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2016 at 10:18 AM

hopeandlove posted at 4:08PM Mon, 15 February 2016 - #4255158

It's a shame that we have lost some members. We're trying everything we can to make this a GREAT and FUN place to be. Some members visit constantly day after day and some just come here from time-to-time. But, the members that come sporadic still LOVE Renderosity - no matter what anyone says! 😄 If they didn't, they wouldn't want to come here whatsoever. Am I right?

For me you are only partially right. I don't hate Rendo but neither do I love it any more, it is not the fun an informative place it used to be. I come back most days because I miss what it was and there is a glimmer of hope that it might turn around, but it is not going to be an overnight process.

As well as Rendo I also visit Hivewire3D and despite the forums being no where near as busy I find I spend more time there than here. The reason is simple, you are made to feel welcome and people are helpful. Not only that, because Dawn and the rest of the Hivewire family are available for both Daz and Poser there are many interesting posts discussing either Daz or Poser and there is no argument, no personal attacks, just and honest interest in what everyone is doing in with their art irrespective of the software used.

With my gallery gone here I upload my images at Hivewire, not because their galleries are better than here but because the whole site works and I love visiting there. It is a long time since I felt the same about visiting here.

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2016 at 8:23 PM

hopeandlove posted at 6:20PM Mon, 15 February 2016 - #4255158

No.

I still love a couple of exclusive vendors, and check every day to see if they've released anything new. (I don't use email alerts). The site itself -- not at all. If those vendors went somewhere else, I'd feel no need to come here at all. Sorry.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2016 at 11:42 PM

hopeandlove posted at 9:37PM Mon, 15 February 2016 - #4255158

Some of us come here because we really dislike Renderosity, but still stop by in the foolish hopes that maybe, just maybe, it will return to being the Renderosity we once loved. Me? I am really frustrated over the crappy sales. 30% off is not a very good sale, esp. for a blink sale (at least at Daz blink sales are typically 60% off) Sales used to regularly be 40 to 50% off for all members. Sabby used to have 70% off sales every few months, but looking at the more recent Rendo TOS, unless I recall incorrectly, Renderosity has forced the vendors to limit the sales to a maximum of 40% off. I don't have that kind of spending money unless it's an absolutely MUST HAVE item-- those kinds of purchases only happen 2-3 times a year for me, on all sites combined.

I assume that Structure and Hornet3D are in the same boat, and come here solely because they hold out some glimmer of hope that some day, Renderosity will be great again. Well, solely aside from downloading the occasional freebie.

redhorse ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 2:05 AM

IceEmpress posted at 1:06AM Tue, 16 February 2016 - #4255286

Some of us come here because we really dislike Renderosity, but still stop by in the foolish hopes that maybe, just maybe, it will return to being the Renderosity we once loved.

Count me among those with foolish hopes. It's frustrating to watch a once loved business and community self destruct before our very eyes.

A little advice to the powers that be at Renderosity:

To convince me to part with my money, you must convince me that what you are offering is worth more to me than the alternative uses I have for my money, whether that be buying from another 3D store or saving it for a new outdoor grill. To convince a vendor to sell here, you must convince them that what remains of their profit after you take your cut makes their product creation efforts worth more than alternative uses for their time, whether it be selling at another store or finding another career, side job, or hobby.

What value do you provide to your customers? What value do you provide to your vendors? Why should customers hang around on your forums (increasing the chance they will see something they want to buy here)? What value do your forums provide? Are any of your answers to these questions different from what someone at another site would say?

If you answer these questions honestly, you might have a fighting chance of survival.

I really do wish Renderosity the best. I just don't see it happening without a major change in direction.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 4:59 AM

IceEmpress posted at 10:42AM Tue, 16 February 2016 - #4255286

hopeandlove posted at 9:37PM Mon, 15 February 2016 - #4255158

Some of us come here because we really dislike Renderosity, but still stop by in the foolish hopes that maybe, just maybe, it will return to being the Renderosity we once loved. Me? I am really frustrated over the crappy sales. 30% off is not a very good sale, esp. for a blink sale (at least at Daz blink sales are typically 60% off) Sales used to regularly be 40 to 50% off for all members. Sabby used to have 70% off sales every few months, but looking at the more recent Rendo TOS, unless I recall incorrectly, Renderosity has forced the vendors to limit the sales to a maximum of 40% off. I don't have that kind of spending money unless it's an absolutely MUST HAVE item-- those kinds of purchases only happen 2-3 times a year for me, on all sites combined.

I assume that Structure and Hornet3D are in the same boat, and come here solely because they hold out some glimmer of hope that some day, Renderosity will be great again. Well, solely aside from downloading the occasional freebie.

Your assumptions are spot on, I do see a very small glimmer of hope. Then again I was one of the few that supported Rendo when they first mentioned changes to Prime while most others said it would be the death of Prime. They were right and I was wrong so I am not going to really get behind Rendo until I see some real changes being implemented. I do still wish them well but they have slipped a long way down the mountain and there is one heck of a climb for them if they are to get back up. Too many knowledgeable, helpful and interesting people have left and getting them back is not going to be easy. I don't shop here anymore despite the fact I have followed some vendors for years. I used to spend around $300 a month here but all my spend is at other sites now, Hivewire3D because I have become a real Dawn fan since the launch of the SE versions. I have spent a great deal at Daz as well thanks to their stunning 70 - 80% off sales. Sure a lot of the stuff has been around for a while but I can still use it today and at least they hang on to their products rather than trash them if they do not sell well in a few months.

In my case, if the forums improved I might come back on a more regular basis, if that happened I might start spending again but it would never be at the level it was. Also, I cannot see any circumstances where I would start another gallery here. That's the thing in life, you really can't turn the clocks back, Rendo has lost their position and the best they can hope for is for the situation to improve, not get worse.

auntietk ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 12:37 PM

No, Hope, you are mistaken. It used to be one of the great joys of my life to come to Renderosity and hang out with my friends. The speed at which pages loaded was adequate for browsing and commenting. The Forums were lively and fun. We came to play games, ask questions, share art, and provide moral support. In Renderosity's heyday I regularly got more than 50 comments on almost everything I posted. There was so much great art here that it was like a feast every day!

Now it's like an abandoned building around here. It echos with emptiness and memories, and it's depressing to see how few people are here in comparison to how it was before.

When you wax enthusiastic over the unconscious body of a formerly vibrant entity, jiggling it a bit so we will believe it's still viable, nobody is fooled.

I realize you have a job to do, and I'm sure everyone would like you to succeed. If you could bring this place back to some of its former glory, there would be much rejoicing! But don't ask us to believe it has already happened. We know the difference.

I would be much more inclined to participate again if the message from the front office was "We realize you aren't happy and that we have a long way to go, what is your best positive suggestion?" instead of "Isn't this just the best?!!?"

We've HAD the best, and along with those who have responded to this thread, I keep coming back hoping for some of the old spark. I fear, though, that those days are gone for good, lost to trends and fads and the illusion of progress. Functionality and substance and commitment made this place great, and adding gimmicks and social media links in lieu of those solid qualities will not make Renderosity thrive again.

Please know, though, that I do wish you all the success in the world. Your success with this project would make a lot of people very happy.

Tara

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

consumer573 ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 12:44 PM · edited Tue, 16 February 2016 at 12:47 PM

Structure, May I suggest that it is probably in your own best interests to keep your account if only so you can download items that you previously purchased. The management at Renderosity is not likely to care sufficiently to make changes based on whether or not you leave, so don't "cut off you nose to spite your face" as they say. If you lose a HD it can be a real PITB (B=Buttocks). It may feel good at the moment to disassociate, but in the long run anything can happen and these are items that you shopped for and bought and which Renderoisty, like DAZ, is allowing you to access when you need to. Think about it, what if down the line Renderoisty merges or is taken over or buys another 3D company?

I myself haven't spent much time shopping here lately (Daz and RDNA and SM haves been getting most of my 3D money - more than I planned to spend with them) but I'm still checking the forums here hoping for changes or deals that I like, albeit with less frequency.

valzheimer ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 2:48 PM

hopeandlove posted at 9:47PM Tue, 16 February 2016 - #4255158

This statement is mostly inaccurate. Accounts in this place exist to keep our purchase history which is online backup of the money invested in products over the years for most of us and we try not being childish putting that at risk. Compared to loving the place this once was, being once eager to upload great art of our artists and promo teams, to engage into competitions and spending hundreds and hundreds a month - for some of us, now, this is only a backup place for money we gave into the products.

And that's where visits come from, products past and a few worthy present and upcoming. It's no longer for fun, it's no longer for art and it's no longer for this place as the community. We visit because we have stuff here, that we paid for.

VAlzheimer

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 2:57 PM

consumer573 posted at 8:51PM Tue, 16 February 2016 - #4255347

Structure, May I suggest that it is probably in your own best interests to keep your account if only so you can download items that you previously purchased. The management at Renderosity is not likely to care sufficiently to make changes based on whether or not you leave, so don't "cut off you nose to spite your face" as they say. If you lose a HD it can be a real PITB (B=Buttocks). It may feel good at the moment to disassociate, but in the long run anything can happen and these are items that you shopped for and bought and which Renderoisty, like DAZ, is allowing you to access when you need to. Think about it, what if down the line Renderoisty merges or is taken over or buys another 3D company?

I myself haven't spent much time shopping here lately (Daz and RDNA and SM haves been getting most of my 3D money - more than I planned to spend with them) but I'm still checking the forums here hoping for changes or deals that I like, albeit with less frequency.

It is a good point but turned the other way I really would not like to be reliant on Renderosity to provide my back up in if anything went wrong. I did not rely upon them in when they could be trusted, so why now. I have separate back ups of both the zip downloads and my entire runtime, one is stored on site and another at a separate location. The use of the runtime back up is because, if a complete drive fails, I can replace the drive and run a restore process overnight. The following morning I have a fully working runtime with none of the hassle of re-installing all of those zips.

I would agree on the advice of not closing the account if only on the basis of why burn your bridges unless you have to but I am not putting any value on having access to my downloads.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 5:03 PM

I am very sorry for those who haven't seen a single improvement since we've launched. As always, we're taking steps to diminish problems, bugs and issues. We are moving in the right direction and for those who are on board, thank you. It is MUCH APPRECIATED. For those who'd like continuously bash our efforts- even though I'd hate to see you go - just let me know if you'd like me to close your account.

Thanks! 😃

Hope Kumor

tempest967 ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 9:41 PM · edited Tue, 16 February 2016 at 9:43 PM

I don't so much as see it as "bashing" anyone's efforts. And frankly, that's a bit of an offensive approach to the term "community".

Most of us who have been here for a considerable amount of time, have weathered the nuances that Renderosity has chosen to implement over time. Whether it be a new "look" or certain functionalities within the site, whatever the case, these things were taken in stride, and generally, I assume accepted.

But, I can certainly say this, and I've been here under the current account for over 14 years, and my old account for 2 prior to that. The changes that have gone on over the course of the last year have been some of the most dismal I've seen in a very, very long time.

There USED to be a reason to wake up and check out Rendo first thing in the morning.....great sales, great new releases, Prime Club was actually worth it's price throughout the year....the forums were a great place to go to maybe learn something, or at least catch up with the latest goings on.

Unlike many, I've kept mum on the subject at hand, and just slowly resigned my time spent here, more and more each week. Thinking, well, it's maybe just a bad spot, or a phase the site is going through. But, it's actually, progressively gotten worse.

Prime is actually pretty much useless, Christmas sales were nothing to celebrate, and there hasn't been a coupon to celebrate any of the "Hallmark" holidays either.

So, yes, I like many others removed my galleries and uploaded elsewhere, where there's a vibrant community, and for the first time in 4 years, I very much doubt I will even see Render Rewards this month, because the product selection, as well as a majority of the quality appears to be bottoming out.

Am I asking to close my account, no, I have thousands upon thousands of dollars vested in that server space for the time being, but, I did feel the need to vent that it's a shame that Renderosity isn't the great place it once was.

And, I sincerely believe it was due to a series of missteps that capitulated and snowballed into what we're left with now. All or at least a great many, may have been avoided, but, it really as I saw it unfold became Renderosity against the community. Just my two cents.

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 3:14 AM

hopeandlove posted at 8:44AM Wed, 17 February 2016 - #4255385

I am very sorry for those who haven't seen a single improvement since we've launched. As always, we're taking steps to diminish problems, bugs and issues. We are moving in the right direction and for those who are on board, thank you. It is MUCH APPRECIATED. For those who'd like continuously bash our efforts- even though I'd hate to see you go - just let me know if you'd like me to close your account.

Thanks! 😃

My own view is that there are few, if any, that are commenting for the sake of bashing and if anyone is they are far outweighed by those that would like to see Rendo turn the ship around, but some of us have had a hard ride. I can only base my feelings on my experience but I have seen the Poser gallery sink to an all time low over 4 years, mainly thanks to a repeating theme of arguing over which software is best and who was responsible for the split between Daz and Poser. If that was not bad enough we then had posts accusing one country of having state sponsored elimination of homeless people. To me that broke the TOS of the day so I reported it. The result was a response that just because I did not agree with the view did not mean it should not be posted. Even that was an improvement as the few other occasions I complained on personal attacks against others, in those cases nothing happened and I did not get a response.

That was the forum, then I had my credit card defrauded on three separate occasions and by that point I knew that Renderosity was the cause of the breach of information. I contacted Rendo stating that the last card had only ever been used at Rendo and was told they could not be at fault as they did not store credit card details. Much later they went public with the fact that order information was being passed to unauthorised third parties.

Later on came the Prime membership debacle and if you look at the threads in the Prime forum you will see I was a very active supporter of Rendo and the changes, boy do I feel foolish now. Not only did the changes trash any benefit I got from Prime membership but they were implemented at the same time as a site upgrade that, as usual, downgraded the site and added yet another set of bugs to add to the other bugs still existing from the last few upgrades. Now I tend to be an easy going person and try to see the everyone's point of view, but quite honesty some of the responses to members in the Prime forum were indefensible. To say they were condescending and dismissive would be an understatement but again some wanted to go further and then blamed the vendors for the whole Prime mess. As I said, I like to be fair but seeing an group of innocent people metaphorically thrown under a bus did not lie easy with me.

The last update was the final straw and the massive adverts next to a small image of my gallery upload led to me removing my gallery completely and I know I was not alone.

So that is my journey, others will have had a different one but for many of us it has been a torturous ride, despite that we still visit but not because we love the place. I come because I learnt so much from Rendo when I started out and, just like supporting your favorite team you like to stay with them through good and bad, but there are limits.

Honestly, we are not bashing, we just want our old Rendo back as a community some thing a lot of us have wanted for a while but it seems a good deal of the Rendo management do not share, or even understand, this desire..

valzheimer ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 5:54 AM

I am very sorry that when the community that made this place a community (and it couldn't have been done without people in it) speaks their minds it is considered bashing. As I stated, it would be childish to ask closure of my account as I have invested into the products I purchased from here and I want them available for the sake me as a customer and of this store respecting its customers. If you're telling customers to close their accounts, there's something very wrong with that. I believe this site works on money and is a business, so re-think mentioning that, but rather give people reason to invest and engage more and again. I too have had my credit card frauded on this website to the point it left me completely without living money (not fun money) for a certain amount of time, and I'm still here as the customer as I consider, mistakes happen. Same goes for whatever "enhancement" this community has gone through on technical edge, mistakes happen.

I am only hoping that mistakes here can be admitted professionally and corrected before it's too late. If this site is aiming to becoming a closed circle of people, not allowing members of community and respected artists, customers in the first place, to speak their mind to help and being tapped on their shoulder by big yellow emoji faces, you will soon find yourself very lonely here, in the manner of community. I am sorry, but that is the truth.

I am not bashing as this website is not my place to run, but if I said I wasn't very very disappointed, that would be a lie. Even disappointment is the understatement. Happy community doesn't come from hallmark card memes and quotes and being all bright and shiny, it comes from understanding your customers - for the store sake, understanding artists and what they do - for the sake of galleries, and understanding people and psychology and technical abilities of them - for the sake of the forums.

Amaranth ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 6:39 AM

I wish there was a thank you button for some things said in the forums. Agrees with what Verica is saying.

Amaranth3D

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 8:15 AM

'I am not bashing as this website is not my place to run, but if I said I wasn't very very disappointed, that would be a lie. Even disappointment is the understatement. Happy community doesn't come from hallmark card memes and quotes and being all bright and shiny, it comes from understanding your customers - for the store sake, understanding artists and what they do - for the sake of galleries, and understanding people and psychology and technical abilities of them - for the sake of the forums.'

i fully agree with this bit, truly and whole heartedly. whilst i understand that there is, at times, where one might need to 'fake it til ya make it', and put a false face at first upon a thing, i do not think, nor believe, that doing so in this instance is viable or valuable; after a short minute or two, cute platitudes start feeling all sorts of fake, and leaves me wondering if it is a belief that the majority of this 'community' is in the fifth grade or younger. i don't respond well to condescension, cheerful or otherwise, and i've a sneaking suspicion that i'm not the only one... [shrug]

auntietk ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 1:41 PM

Hi Hope,

It hasn't seemed to me that anyone in this thread has been bashing, and I don't think anyone who has paid any attention at all lately thinks there have been no improvements since the implementation of the Renderosity "Revolution." I was pretty active after the new format went live (as were a few others who are participating in this thread), and kept a list of the issues I complained about, brought up, or was following. Of the 25 items on my list, 20 of them were resolved. That's a pretty good record! So no, I don't think anyone believes there hasn't been a single improvement since the Revolution was launched.

If you're comparing how the site is today to how it was at the end of August when the Revolution was launched, then yes ... there has been GREAT improvement! However, we're lamenting the loss of what we had in the past. Not last year, but five and ten years ago. What we have today is only good if you compare it to the Revolution rollout. Those of us involved in this conversation are the ones who are left who care enough to keep trying to bring back a bit of the family feeling this place had "back in the day."

I have been as careful as I know how to be about my communication here on Renderosity over the past six months. It has been my goal to be positive, helpful and clear, and do everything I could to keep the issues in front of the Renderosity staff without bashing or whining or calling anyone names. If I just smile all the time and tell you everything is terrific and moving in the right direction, how is that helpful to anyone? I'd just be lying to you in order to make you happy, and I'm unwilling to do that.

Volunteering to delete our accounts doesn't seem to be in the spirit of community building. If we all were in complete agreement with each other, some of us would be unnecessary! A variety of opinions and points of view is essential for both personal and professional growth.

If you're looking for a group of people to tell you everything is wonderful, let us know and we'll stop trying to push for improvements. If you want this place to be successful, though, try to hear what we're asking for as positive suggestions, not bashing and criticism.

Let me tell you this again, just so there's no confusion: I WANT you to succeed! It would be great if we could all have a conversation together in two years and be able to say, "Remember the Revolution and how hard it was then? Whew ... SO glad that's over and we're back on an even keel!"

Tara

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

IceEmpress ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2016 at 6:42 PM

hopeandlove posted at 4:40PM Wed, 17 February 2016 - #4255385

I am very sorry for those who haven't seen a single improvement since we've launched. As always, we're taking steps to diminish problems, bugs and issues. We are moving in the right direction>

No, you are doing the opposite. Your post today which stated that no off-site linking period is allowed (esp. to freebies, when previously it was just to sites with marketplaces) is proof of this. No other 3D Daz/Poser site, that I am aware of, has this self-destructive rule.

Hallowed_Sylph ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 12:54 AM

I am very saddened to see people leaving this place but I understand why they are going. Structure is a wonderful guy and vendor as well as a generous freebie creator and to see him leave is distressing to me. " No Matter What People Say " ? People are what makes up the business and community here at Renderosity and it is the people we should be listening to , they have above anyone else kept this place afloat with their business and their patronage. Stop listening to them and you close the doors on any hope of a successful and thriving community.

DeCarlo ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 4:03 AM

I once loved this Rendo. Once spent $100 per month. Not for a while now. I refuse to support any site that treats its members as this one has and does. No offsite linking? Yes... let us all bow to the ebay / paypal style of management and control freak-ism. We are artists. Free in thought and expression. Being a member of a world community is what the web is all about. That's world community - not a micro unit that Rendo can control. No need to answer, I almost never sign in anymore. I will happily buy from my fave vendors if I see them somewhere else - or of they make their own sites.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 4:12 AM
Site Admin

Any improvement I saw on this site after the debacle that was the Revolution was because after months of trying to reason with the knuckleheads responsible for the chaos they finally listened to reason and re-instated some things we had been asking for. That's it, no improvements of their own initiative, we had to beg for them and we finally got some decent improvements.

Renderosity thinks that by not allowing any mention of competition that the competition will just go away - infantile reasoning. The goal should be to make this such a pleasant place to come to that more people are drawn here to use the galleries, forums, etc and then just maybe they'll spend more. The more you drive people away the fewer purchases you'll have.

Rainfeather ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 8:00 PM

valzheimer posted at 7:51PM Thu, 18 February 2016 - #4255365

hopeandlove posted at 9:47PM Tue, 16 February 2016 - #4255158

This statement is mostly inaccurate. Accounts in this place exist to keep our purchase history which is online backup of the money invested in products over the years for most of us and we try not being childish putting that at risk. Compared to loving the place this once was, being once eager to upload great art of our artists and promo teams, to engage into competitions and spending hundreds and hundreds a month - for some of us, now, this is only a backup place for money we gave into the products.

And that's where visits come from, products past and a few worthy present and upcoming. It's no longer for fun, it's no longer for art and it's no longer for this place as the community. We visit because we have stuff here, that we paid for.

VAlzheimer

What timing! Hello, everyone! Just popping in for a "sporadic" visit. Just wanted to say that I share Valzheimer's sentiment. Aside from showcasing friends' creations, that's the only other reason I have for my rare visits.

poisinivy ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 11:43 PM

well back to posting links like this .wwwDOTivysdomainDOT com ....lol I dunno what country you live in Hope But here in the USA Artist like freedom fo expression . rendersosity has been suppressing that moe and more. whats worst rendersosuty is like 20 miles from my home Tennessee Seeming I can no longer post my YouTube videos or any links to my web site where my TOS for my freebies is. than I no longer have a reason for coming here,. I will be uploading the remainder of my freebies at SharecgDOTcom with JLK

Good luck with your political correctness.

structure ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2016 at 5:49 AM
Forum Coordinator

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Destruction of the community by whatever means available, seems to be the order of the day now. Apparently voicing concern is seen as bashing and we are promptly reminded that we can have accounts deleted (nice use of veiled threats there.) Go ahead, delete the dissenters, accuse us of being disruptive, do whatever you feel needs to be done in order to maintain your politically correct self-image. Watch the community die, and in the process, watch renderosity close it's doors for business and the people who voiced concern, are the ONLY people left right at the end (assuming that you, in your wisdom and mercy, allow them to stay to watch Rome burn.)

Locked Out

beelzebulb ( ) posted Wed, 24 February 2016 at 7:57 PM

I am not a very active member in the forums here or anywhere else for that matter but stumbled across this by accident. And right on the heels of this apparent mess came the news of the DAZ/RDNA merger so I have had some interesting reading for the last little bit and I can honestly say that everyone especially the current management etc. should pay a little more attention to what the members here are trying to convey to them, I have been here for a long time and over the years have seen this type of thing happen before here BUT never to this degree. I have pulled my gallery more than once here because of something that I disagreed with here (I'm older now and hopefully wiser:) but I do take exception with a few things that after reading every post about these new issues that seems to be prevalent. The dismissive and frankly in some instances insulting manner the members who are voicing their concerns to those who should be listening to them have been condescendingly answered (and there is no way that can be excused) or not answered at all. I can understand Hope that you are facing the biggest problem to come down the pike since you have started here but believe me when I say that these people have a right to be upset. After all you and a lot of the people working here didn't build this site and community WE DID. Now I am not bashing here or picking on anyone specific but simply stating what I have interpreted to my way of thinking and observation. If the management or Powers That Be cared enough they would actually take notice and try to make some sort of accommodation to ease the minds of those who are not happy with some of the changes suddenly being implemented. As this site depends solely on revenue from selling other peoples creations and depends on the community to keep them in business since they have no software of their own like DAZ or SM it would be prudent to keep us happy so as to stay in business for at least the foreseeable future. Who knows, I may even spend money here again like I used to (quit when the redesign fiasco was happening) I have no plans on jumping ship yet but will see how it unfolds over the next little while mainly because I just started to post images again here and I am too lazy to look for another host for them. So I urge the administration and staff to consider carefully what there is to gain and what there may to lose before being too arbitrary when they make decisions that will affect the perception and sensibilities of the members here. We are after all generally an emotional and volatile lot (creative types usually are that way you know). Nick (Beelzebulb)

Wonderland ( ) posted Fri, 26 February 2016 at 12:50 PM

hopeandlove posted at 10:29AM Fri, 26 February 2016 - #4255158

No, you are wrong. I don't come to the forums much, only on occasion, when I see a problem, like I do now. And in the 16 years I've been here, NEVER, have I seen such a huge upheaval and anger at Rendorosity and mass exodus. I spend a LOT of money here and last month was the first in years that I didn't spend one cent. If you think you're dealing with just a handful of vocal people, you're wrong. There are a lot of us who rarely comment on forums but spend a lot of money and now will not. The treatment towards 3D-Arena was appalling and truly makes me worried about the future of this site. This is NOT a fun and great site anymore and everyone is trying to explain why and whoever is in charge is not listening. The way things are going, this site will not exist in a few months. First I have to download all my purchases from RDNA, next here,I'm going to have to purchase a new 5TB hard drive for everything here, because I don't see this site lasting much longer. It's been destroyed, the fun has been sucked out of it. Numerous complaints from customers and top vendors have been ignored and you might as well sell to DAZ too, because you will losing a lot of customers and vendors, yet you act like everything is OK. It's not. I've never seen this amount of animosity EVER on this site. The last time I saw this much anger was at DAZ when all the Poser people left en mass. We are not going back to DAZ even if you merge with them, so we are looking for somewhere new. You could have stopped this, but unless huge amends are made, it's already too late. I'm not deleting anything, but you just won't get my $100 plus each month. Some months I spent up to $500. No more. I'll check in occasionally for any major changes or great sales, but I will no longer be a regular customer. I even started some projects that I wanted to broker here but now it seems such an unhappy place to be and I don't feel right being at a store that treats both its customers and long time vendors so badly. I just don't understand why whoever is in charge is actively destroying such a great place. This is really sad. RIP Renderosity. I feel like I'm losing a good friend.

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com
FACEBOOK: Alicia's Page TWITTER: @AliciaHollinger INSTAGRAM: @AliciaHollinger

Wonderland ( ) posted Fri, 26 February 2016 at 1:19 PM · edited Fri, 26 February 2016 at 1:21 PM

hopeandlove posted at 10:55AM Fri, 26 February 2016 - #4255158

Oops, my first post disappeared so I completely rewrote it! This is similar to the previous post...

No you are not right. I rarely post in these forums and do so only if I see a problem, and now I see a huge fatal problem. If you think you are just dealing with a handful of vocal people, you are wrong. I have been on this site for over 10 years and NEVER have I seen so much anger and upheaval. What happened to 3D-Arena was just appalling! This is no longer a "great" and "fun" place and a bunch of smiley faces in a post is not going to change that. You need to listen to your long time vendors and customers who are now leaving en masse.

I've been spending over $100 a month here and sometimes up to $500. Last month I didn't spend a cent, I think for the first time in my history at Renderosity. The months before, I did spend a lot. Why? Maybe because I wanted to grab all I could because I saw this ship sinking. First sinking slowly, now plummeting into the depths probably never to resurface. I predicted well ahead of time that all Poser users would leave DAZ and they did. They came here and to RDNA. Now with RDNA gone and this place falling apart, they are actively going to new places, finding a new haven, refugees from stores who have abandoned them or who have made really bad decisions. You don't listen to your long time customers or top selling vendors and even insult them by banning them. Do you think that creates good will here?

Anyway, I will be purchasing a new 5T hard drive to download first everything at RDNA, then here, because unless drastic changes are made, I see this place sinking like the Titanic. Or, of course, you could always sell to DAZ, but please give us advance notice. I will not be deleting my gallery or account here and may check in occasionally to see if there are any major changes or amazing sales, but I doubt I will be purchasing much in the future. I used to check in daily and spent WAY too much time scouring through the stores, now I will have a lot more free time to create art with what I already have. I started a few projects that I wanted to broker here and am sad that I won't be able to do that now that the store is dying. RIP Renderosity! I once loved you and I will miss you. I wish the the people here would find doctors who know what they are doing to revive you, but I don't see that happening. So sad...

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com

Wonderland ( ) posted Fri, 26 February 2016 at 2:09 PM

And I have one more thing to say about Hope and this is NOT meant at all as character bashing so please don't delete or ban me.... The impression I get is that Hope is a genuinely nice person, she probably has a great relationship with her fiancé, gets along great with her co-workers and is generally a happy person with a smile on her face like her emojis in her posts. She is probably in a very happy point in her life and here we are bombarding her with all this negativity and she just wants it to go away. We are sucking the joy out of her just as Renderosity is sucking the joy out of us. She wants our negativity to go away so badly that she offered to delete our accounts if we are not happy. And I get that. But that makes me think this is not the correct job for her. She would make a great motivational speaker or self-help author and I believe could be very successful at it. However, I don't think this is the right job for her. She hasn't been around the Renderosity community as long as all the long time members and vendors and doesn't understand the dynamic and issues and must, I'm sure, follow whatever those higher ups are telling her.

But Hope, you can be our "hope" by letting those powers that be know what's going on-- by letting them know they are destroying a company, by letting them know how passionate we are about getting Renderosity fixed, because it is our store too, we created it, the vendors and buyers are what keeps the store going, without us, there is no Renderosity! And Hope, if you are all about hope and love, then be the good guy (girl) and fix this! Let the powers that be truly understand our concerns! Be the motivational speaker to THEM, not us, motivate them to change things so their customers will be happy! You want happiness and smiles? Then please do something about it. You have the power! Thanks.

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com

LPR001 ( ) posted Fri, 26 February 2016 at 6:22 PM · edited Fri, 26 February 2016 at 10:32 PM

Wonderland posted at 10:49AM Sat, 27 February 2016 - #4257668

And I have one more thing to say about Hope and this is NOT meant at all as character bashing so please don't delete or ban me.... The impression I get is that Hope is a genuinely nice person, she probably has a great relationship with her fiancé, gets along great with her co-workers and is generally a happy person with a smile on her face like her emojis in her posts. She is probably in a very happy point in her life and here we are bombarding her with all this negativity and she just wants it to go away. We are sucking the joy out of her just as Renderosity is sucking the joy out of us. She wants our negativity to go away so badly that she offered to delete our accounts if we are not happy. And I get that. But that makes me think this is not the correct job for her. She would make a great motivational speaker or self-help author and I believe could be very successful at it. However, I don't think this is the right job for her. She hasn't been around the Renderosity community as long as all the long time members and vendors and doesn't understand the dynamic and issues and must, I'm sure, follow whatever those higher ups are telling her.

But Hope, you can be our "hope" by letting those powers that be know what's going on-- by letting them know they are destroying a company, by letting them know how passionate we are about getting Renderosity fixed, because it is our store too, we created it, the vendors and buyers are what keeps the store going, without us, there is no Renderosity! And Hope, if you are all about hope and love, then be the good guy (girl) and fix this! Let the powers that be truly understand our concerns! Be the motivational speaker to THEM, not us, motivate them to change things so their customers will be happy! You want happiness and smiles? Then please do something about it. You have the power! Thanks.

I have walked into many industries that were completely out of my domain and I knew nothing about them. In some cases this might not be a good move like mig welding axle flanges on cars. Would this mean that if you were thinking of a career change then forget it because if you started life as a postal worker or bank clerk you should never consider anything else. I learned and grew on the job which is the best way to get experience. If we were to have the aim to be a community then wouldn't it be best to guide Hope and make suggestions. I have worked with Hope for long enough to know she has the goods to nail this job and given time make improvements and could prove many of her doubters wrong. Granted the current changes are not to everybody's taste it was a decision by the upper management. When the site update happened I was sending Hope 8 -10 sitemails a day and considering all the staff and no doubt members were probably sending in their fair share I thought Hope did very well addressing the issues and it might have taken a while to address many of the problems as they appeared she did not design the site and IMO proved her worth that she gets things done. You might not all like the design but there are far less glitches and bugs. All I am asking is you give her a go and although we have had this unfortunate event happen if the member's that do care about the community were to help her then chances are with friendly guidance and suggestions Hope will become experienced to your standards that you would like to see I don't mean that as a smart remark either. Now I spend all day every day witnessing members helping newbies and those with less experience in all areas of software and it is not long before you start to see those once learning being the ones to give advice. I don't doubt Hopes ability to do a great job here just needs time and understanding while she settles in and learns, I think we all should be fair and consider had some of the changes not been introduced Hope would have had far more experience already in the "2D/3D field" but I can tell you she has a fair understanding of website glitches and major faults and I am pretty certain she did not have those skills when she arrived. Give her some time please.

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

Wonderland ( ) posted Fri, 26 February 2016 at 8:12 PM

OK, I'm probably going to get myself in trouble here, but I'm posting my PM to Hope after she contacted me. This was all meant as POSITIVE advice and an explanation of what is going on that is angering so many members and why they are leaving and how it HOPEfully could be fixed... This was all said in kindness and I have NOTHING against Hope as a person...

Hope,

Please re-read what I wrote. I never accused you of punishing us or saying we've done wrong. And I did say you were a people person and even suggested you could be a great motivational speaker or write a self-help book! Please read below. I know it's tough for you with all this negativity coming towards you but obviously you are not handling it in a way that makes people feel better in this PARTICULAR community. I bet you'd be great doing some corporate leadership weekend event, but this is a group of artists who have been around for a long time and became emotionally attached to this site, made friends here and one person said she met her husband through here! Some are home-bound or disabled and this is their LIFE. The vendors work very hard, and for some, it is their sole source of income, and many customers have invested several thousand dollars here, as I have. We saw what happened at DAZ when they stopped supporting Poser and a huge amount left and swear they will never shop there again, even to buy RDNA products that are now there because they hate DAZ so much. This is an opportunity to kiss and make up to the disenfranchised Poser users and make this their home again. The vendors and customers are the bread and butter here and without them, you have nothing.

I do think you are a people person and are probably not used to such a negative reception. And it's not about knowing us as individual people, but seeing what the complaints are, figuring out WHY everyone is so upset and reporting that to the higher ups and warning them that this site is sinking like the Titanic unless something is done. You could be a liaison to the higher ups to get things back to where they were and if you did that, the community would LOVE you, send you flowers and chocolates! I think you are in a position to help things. I have nothing against you and people's only objection to you is that you tend to white-wash things, saying everything's OK with smiley faces when clearly it's not. If you just said "I understand all of your complaints and I am bringing them to the higher-ups and hoping that we can change things to bring back the Renderosity that you all love. I will try my hardest to see what I can do to help." They would applaud you! How simple is that?

Anyway, I'm pasting my original post at the bottom, which I believe was a very positive view of you and how you could help things instead igniting more fires. None of the animosity from anyone is actually directed at you, but more frustration with your lack of making an attempt to help the situation, acting like it will magically go away and Disney bluebirds will be flying around chirping as smiley emoticons bloom out of flowers... They just don't think you get their complaints, which you probably don't, just because you are new here and haven't been around the Renderosity world for long--and, of course, this is not your fault. But if you really listen to the complaints and anger and see what's behind it, you could fix it. I really believe you could.

I know this has probably been tough on you, but I also think it's in your power to make it better before the whole site is forced to close down when everyone leaves. Many are already signing up at new smaller sites which could potentially steal all of Renderosity's customers AND vendors. You may want to advise the higher ups how critical this is, this is historical in the history of Renderosity. There has never been a mass exodus like this but there is still time to fix it...

I wish you luck in your difficult job and I'm posting below my original post about you.

All the best,

Alicia

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 27 February 2016 at 4:54 AM

Due to changes elsewhere I do believe that if Renderosity do not make the most of this opportunity they are destined to fail, there are customers and vendors looking for a new home at present and, rather than attracting new members Renderosity, seems hell bent on losing them.

All of the dealings I have had with Hope have been positive, that is not to say it has resulted in the changes I would like to see but that is not her fault. I think she has the right aims and the ability to change things but she needs to convince others and that is where I see the problem. In the end, even though she is part of the Renderosity team, she is just a single voice and to have any impact, those that can change things need to listen. Trouble is they already know what is wrong and have known for a while, but failed to make sufficient changes. I am reminded of something Desmond Tutu once said "You can wake up someone who is asleep but you cannot wake up someone who is pretending to be a sleep", sadly I am convinced those words are very appropriate here.

Raindroptheelf ( ) posted Sat, 27 February 2016 at 1:28 PM

hopeandlove posted at 7:19PM Sat, 27 February 2016 - #4255158

No , sorry Hope ,you are not right at all. You are a nice Lady but your posts are almost to joyful and friends , it just shows how desperate Renderosity has become.

There is NOTHING that I Love here but the friends I made over the years.

I said it once, I say it again, this Site looks cheap now after the upgrade and the rule to not be able to link to other sites... competition is GOOD you know.

Renderosity has gone backwards I am afraid.

hopeandlove ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2016 at 8:53 PM

Again, thank you everyone for your comments. I'm now locking these threads. If you have a direct question or would like to discuss matters further, please feel free to sitemail me.

Hope Kumor

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.