Mon, Jul 8, 5:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 8:11 pm)

Subject: What Poser needs is Posette 2018

AetherDream ( ) posted Mon, 31 July 2017 at 8:56 PM

EClark1849 posted at 8:55PM Mon, 31 July 2017 - #4310500

Coleman posted at 12:30AM Sun, 23 July 2017 - #4310495

My bad folks... I didn't mean revive Poser 4 Posette. I mean instead of throwing a LITTLE bit of money into the next Poser figure... and spend the rest on Poser software addons... I'm saying spend A L L the money on a new character that completely re-revolutionizes Poser as a 3D PERSON app which it was made for in the first place.

DAZ watched all that had gone wrong with Poser 5 and started making DAZ Studio based on Poser and then adapting from its mistakes.

Poser can adapt from DAZ mistakes with its people and make a kickass Poser-native character. DAZ's mistake with it's people is it releases a new 'primary' 3d base every 2 years now. It's stuck in a wash, rinse, repeat cycle.

The original Posette lasted for a long time. Support lasted a long time. This is what I mean. Make a new character in the next Poser that drives Poser itself for years.

With all due respect, Coleman, a new figure isn't going to fix anything for Poser. Not everyone needs a realistic figure that bends "naturally". I don't care if it walked and talked on it's own, not everyone would adopt it. Poser, unlike DS, can't just give out the software for free in order to get the figure in everyone's hands. There's no vendor support for the figure. Vendors follow the money so they're going to wait to see how well the figure catches on, which of course, is exactly what they did with Genesis and for that matter V4 when they first came out. I just don't share that vision.

And I think this is the main point that keeps Poser figures from catching on, vendor support and massive amounts of content by the software provider. SM needs to throw itself wholeheartedly into the content business for a Poser figure to gain a real market foothold.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

ssgbryan ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2017 at 11:47 PM · edited Tue, 01 August 2017 at 11:54 PM

AetherDream posted at 8:19PM Tue, 01 August 2017 - #4311119

<>

With all due respect, Coleman, a new figure isn't going to fix anything for Poser. Not everyone needs a realistic figure that bends "naturally". I don't care if it walked and talked on it's own, not everyone would adopt it. Poser, unlike DS, can't just give out the software for free in order to get the figure in everyone's hands. There's no vendor support for the figure. Vendors follow the money so they're going to wait to see how well the figure catches on, which of course, is exactly what they did with Genesis and for that matter V4 when they first came out. I just don't share that vision.

And I think this is the main point that keeps Poser figures from catching on, vendor support and massive amounts of content by the software provider. SM needs to throw itself wholeheartedly into the content business for a Poser figure to gain a real market foothold.

A new figure is like Communism - it's a red herring.

Let's just say that Poser 12 comes with a male and female figure (Figure X & Y) that does everything everyone here thinks it should (ignore the fact that some of these things are either subjective and/or mutually exclusive).

How is this going to increase sales of Poser?

The DS community isn't going to embrace it. Most aren't going to have the knowledge of how to move their DS native content to Poser and won't be willing to flush their investment.

The Poser enduser isn't going to care - a new SM figure isn't going to make a difference to their buying matrix - we are concerned about what new tools are added or if long-standing issues are finally addressed (Like the Hair room - the new team seems to be on board with the fact that the tools and the interface need to be fixed. Yay!!!)

And there is the little matter of Project E....... I believe she is going to be the figure that finally gets the Poser community to say Vicky who?

For the sake of argument, lets say the Poser enduser community embraces Figure X - no one here has yet to explain how a vendor will know this.

Furthermore, let's say that the vendors makes a few items for Figure X (new, or conversions of their best selling items for V4).

That doesn't mean we endusers are going to rush to buy those items. I have the Poser Pro prefitter - it's free. Currently, it can move V4 content to Pauline, Dawn, Miki 4, & Roxie. Support for Project E and DAZ's g figures is in the works (which means I'll be able to move all of Willmap's normal clothing for the g figures to other figures - Score!).

It doesn't matter to current Poser users if Figure X is supported by vendors - most conversion actions are 1 or 2 clicks. That means that our bloated V4 runtimes can provide all of the necessary hair, clothing, and textures - If I am buying a new impractical armor outfit, it has to be better than what is already available in the store for all of the current figures. Rut-Roh.....

In 2017, Poser users don't need to replace their digital Barbie's wardrobe every time a new figure comes out. That is kinda important when I need everybody in the same uniform (V4 Courageous & M4 Valiant, for instance) or I need enough different clothing for a dozen or so characters.

I've been in the Poserverse since 2004 - I've been hearing the exact same thing over and over since then - We need a New Figure! Poser is dying! (with absolutely no evidence to back it up other than their howling.)

Depending on the vendors is waiting for Godot. Many simply aren't going to invest time & effort into a new figure (or a new version of Poser); that would mean work for them, and too many simply aren't going to do it. Their intransigence is simply making them less and less relevant (this is before we factor in their I'm a fragile little snowflake; I'm going to take my modeler and go home mental attitude .).

As a Poser user, it simply doesn't matter to me if a new figure is supported or not. Unlike most folks here, I still use every figure I have come across since 2004 (I just add subdivision & weightmapping - a few now have facial control surfaces); I have over 1,000 characters. I think I have every Pauline character (30+), I have most of the Dawn Characters (74 - the rest are on the purchase spiral); I bought all of the Scarlet characters, I have almost all of the characters made for the SM G2 figures (100+); the Miki series (100+); Michelle (11); Antonia (31); Apollo Maximus (31); Dusk (15); Mariko (2); Terai Yuki 2 (15); then there are the DAZ figures....

With every figure mentioned above, I would have bought more characters, IF vendors made more - they didn't. I'd have purchased more clothing content, IF vendors made it - they didn't. And now I have easy to use tools to move my content around, I converted my current content, meaning I am buying merchant resources, sets, & props, as opposed to characters, clothing, hair, poses, and expressions.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2017 at 3:35 AM

Anyways the ones with the red eyes are all most identical & the 4th .the first is just more muscular. but REX never got near amount attention as the other. why ? we heard all the reasons 1000's of times. Project E change the world ? maybe the pron world but ours ? not much. HW3D doesn't even compete with them they make animals.

005.jpg

A new UI would be nice . n made Poser work more like Max,Blender etc etc. where you can grab dots n every thing else. but you can all ways buy content n use it in Max,C4D etc etc .

They make characters that all seems a lot a like .HW3D makes animals. If you want wild off the wall original fantasy stuff you half to go to zBrush or Unity. If you make fantasy stuff all ready with cloths or what ever all ready ,You don't need venders support. n you can sell or give it away to Poser ,Maya ,Unity etc etc.

Why only play with one app when you can play with them all. Who only plays just one Game ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2017 at 11:18 AM

RorrKonn posted at 10:16AM Wed, 02 August 2017 - #4311196

Anyways the ones with the red eyes are all most identical & the 4th .the first is just more muscular. but REX never got near amount attention as the other. why ? we heard all the reasons 1000's of times. Project E change the world ? maybe the pron world but ours ? not much. HW3D doesn't even compete with them they make animals.

A new UI would be nice . n made Poser work more like Max,Blender etc etc. where you can grab dots n every thing else. but you can all ways buy content n use it in Max,C4D etc etc .

They make characters that all seems a lot a like .HW3D makes animals. If you want wild off the wall original fantasy stuff you half to go to zBrush or Unity. If you make fantasy stuff all ready with cloths or what ever all ready ,You don't need venders support. n you can sell or give it away to Poser ,Maya ,Unity etc etc.

Why only play with one app when you can play with them all. Who only plays just one Game ?

Because most people don't want to do content creation......

Content is a means to an end, not the end product. They want to make still images and/or animations, as either stand-alone or in use for telling stories.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2017 at 12:24 PM

RorrKonn posted at 1:24PM Wed, 02 August 2017 - #4311196

Anyways the ones with the red eyes are all most identical & the 4th .the first is just more muscular. but REX never got near amount attention as the other. why ?

Because he didn't have boobs.

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2017 at 12:51 PM

AmbientShade posted at 12:50PM Wed, 02 August 2017 - #4311232

Anyways the ones with the red eyes are all most identical & the 4th .the first is just more muscular. but REX never got near amount attention as the other. why ?

😆😆😆

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2017 at 1:39 PM

ssgbryan posted at 2:25PM Wed, 02 August 2017 - #4311227

RorrKonn posted at 10:16AM Wed, 02 August 2017 - #4311196

Because most people don't want to do content creation......

Content is a means to an end, not the end product. They want to make still images and/or animations, as either stand-alone or in use for telling stories.

oh I agree 100%.but venders are always selling the same things n wondering why it's not selling. they need to go zBrush ,Unity ,sketchfab n get a new idea.

and the other users #1 app request is the "one" Poser brush. plug zBrush in n have 100+ brushes.

Like the ancient story goes. If you stopped starring at the shadows of the cave wall n turned around ...

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2017 at 1:52 PM

AmbientShade posted at 2:52PM Wed, 02 August 2017 - #4311232

Can't argue that logic ;)

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 07 August 2017 at 5:32 PM

RorrKonn posted at 12:21AM Tue, 08 August 2017 - #4311118

Well how safe is share cg ? I can open .zip I cannot open .rar .So any safe free .rars around ? If Karina did not have permission to do this then DAZ will have share cg take V4 down soon.

How safe would it be to down load meshes from sketchfab ?

I don't like viruses n all

I download dozens of files from sharegc for a couple of years, and I never had any virus, so you can presume it is safe. Sharecg is in my opinion a serious websitefor hobbyist making freestuff, although recently you can also sell your stuff. Sasha-16 works only when you own V4 and its morphs just like V4WM did, so I think it is rather legal. I have been working with Sasha-16 for a couple of days now and I really can recomment her.

Best regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

pikesPit ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2017 at 2:54 PM

I just saw that Karina replacesd the Rar file with a Zip - for more "user friendlyness" as she says. Maybe she's reading here too? :D

Peter

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2017 at 3:47 AM

Thanks bopperthijs ,pikesPit ,Karina :)

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Thu, 10 August 2017 at 6:08 PM

As @pikesPit already stated I did replace the .RAR files with a .ZIP version.

I wasn't aware that .RAR isn't a well-established standard already because it offers many improvements vs. the "ancient" ZIP standard. I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble.

If you want to learn more about SASHA-16, or keep updated with fixes or new features, or want to help improve SASHA please visit my forum at sasha-16.forumprofi.de/index.php

Thank you, and take care

Karina

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2017 at 8:45 PM

I got SASHA-16 v.05-08-17.zip from http://sasha-16.forumprofi.de/index.php :)

I have Poser Pro 14 and it won't install the .rar .The zip install even thou I didn't have V4 installed in Poser , Good thing I never clamed to have a brain, LOL. Install Managers installs it for you but any manual downloads I got comes in .zip format.

anyways I know you worked hard on all of this n thanks for the hard work :)

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2017 at 1:54 AM

Folks, realy. Get 7zip and there won't be any problems with the zipping file format.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2017 at 3:50 AM

-Timberwolf- posted at 4:47AM Sat, 12 August 2017 - #4311951

Folks, realy. Get 7zip and there won't be any problems with the zipping file format.

Poser Pro 14 / Content / install from ZIP archive...

Will install 7-zip ?

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2017 at 5:06 AM

The advantage of 7zip is, that you can click your way through the file hirachy. Once you are at the "runtime" folder, click the menue and select the path to unzip. I used to have issues with other unzippers, because People sometimes have different hirachy orders. The Sasha16.rar unzips like this: Clipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpgClipboard03.jpgClipboard04.jpgClipboard05.jpgClipboard06.jpg ... aaaand 7zip is free. :-)

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2017 at 1:38 PM

Thanks for the info -Timberwolf-

patorak3d ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2017 at 6:59 PM

Hi Rorrkonn Have you started the figures yet? Here's what I have so far. First phase is done on 4 out of 6 monster headsMonster Heads 1-4.jpg

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2017 at 4:45 AM · edited Sun, 13 August 2017 at 4:47 AM

Hi patorak3d Your monsters look awesome.

It's killer to make monsters ,warriors n all that stuff .wish I had a lot more time for them.way to many endless hours at work.wish we could buy time.

but in my spare time. I doubt my low poly characters will be received well at Poserdome . So I'm making a kit that's also a "merchant resources / game licensed" medieval doors,windows n all so we can make castles n the likes and my low poly characters might be received better at Poserdome that way in a package deal.

patorak3d ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2017 at 8:13 PM

Thanks. You're kit sounds like a good idea. Here's monster heads 5 and 6. I'll get started on the hands next.Monster Heads 5-6.jpg

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2017 at 2:26 AM

I put 5 hands in my free stuff ,might be helpful or faster if ya want .

RorrKonn's free stuff

Cyberdene ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2017 at 7:30 PM

My biggest issue with Poser is it's annoying way of handling SSS, lighting on skin issues, the confusing as hell Material room and not understanding what half of those nodes even do.

Cyberdene ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2017 at 7:35 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

AmbientShade posted at 7:31PM Tue, 15 August 2017 - #4310592

ssgbryan posted at 6:07AM Mon, 24 July 2017 - #4310556

What is your plan for getting legacy based vendors to learn ANY post-Poser 7 feature?

**What is your plan for getting any vendor on board with a new figure?

I already have some vendors interested in supporting my figures. At least Venus. Some are currently helping me beta test her and like what they see. Once her rigging is closer to completion I'll start looking for other vendors for content support. But I fully intend to do plenty of my own content support. A lot of vendors wait to see how well a figure does before they invest the time in making content that doesn't sell, because they've done it before and been burned. So that's completely understandable.

early 20's Caucasians make up over 95% of the figures released.

Because that's what sells the most, and vendors have bills to pay just like everybody else. It's just like with male content, there isn't as much of it because for most vendors it doesn't produce the same roi that the 'early 20s caucasian pin-up girls' does. So you have to rely more on vendors who make content that they want to make, and not so much content that they have to make to pay their bills. It bugs me too, cause that's really not the type of content I'm interested in. But that's also why I started making my own.

To pay their bills, that's a pathetic ass excuse to limit yourself to one race of models and I am sure they don't earn that much money from making content to pay their bills to begin with. Most folks have regular jobs, you know jobs that pay you an actual weekly check so you don't get behind on bills? Add this on top of the fact most people will torrent stuff for free and not pay which is also a stupid excuse to limit oneself to just making white figures onlyGet a regular job if you got that much bills to pay. I have friends who would love to use more ethicities in their work yet they are forced to use whatever jaded vendors are producing, you make it sound like everyone wants their digital world to be full of Whites and no other races. Sorry to break it to you but people use what they are forced to use. I am offended by this, it's like saying "White sells and other races don't." The fuck outta here with that shit. Plus There is way more male stuff for Genesis 3 being made than there ever was for Michael 4.

MartinX ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2017 at 9:27 PM · edited Tue, 15 August 2017 at 9:31 PM

"To pay their bills, that's a pathetic ass excuse to limit yourself to one race of models and I am sure they don't earn that much money from making content to pay their bills to begin with."

Many vendors have tried other races, unfortunately they do not sell as well. That is a given fact. It's been proven over the years. And for those who do this full time, do they spend their efforts on a character race that doesn't sell, or one where they know guarantees a pay check? So no, it's not an excuse. Go become a vendor and see for yourself. It's the same with clothing. Do they release content that's a guaranteed sale or go experiment with a niche type and risk losing a pay check because of bad sales? Same with Genders, release male character or female? We all know what will sell better. Vendors release content according to demand. Some have the luxury to explore because they don't do this full time, but for those who do this full time it is a risk and wont bother exploring a route they know will bring in less income. So don't hate the vendors, hate the community and the buying market, because they ultimately dictate vendor development habbits.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2017 at 11:54 PM · edited Tue, 15 August 2017 at 11:59 PM

Cyberdene posted at 12:25AM Wed, 16 August 2017 - #4312261

To pay their bills, that's a pathetic ass excuse to limit yourself to one race of models and I am sure they don't earn that much money from making content to pay their bills to begin with. Most folks have regular jobs, you know jobs that pay you an actual weekly check so you don't get behind on bills? Add this on top of the fact most people will torrent stuff for free and not pay which is also a stupid excuse to limit oneself to just making white figures onlyGet a regular job if you got that much bills to pay. I have friends who would love to use more ethicities in their work yet they are forced to use whatever jaded vendors are producing, you make it sound like everyone wants their digital world to be full of Whites and no other races. Sorry to break it to you but people use what they are forced to use. I am offended by this, it's like saying "White sells and other races don't." The fuck outta here with that shit. Plus There is way more male stuff for Genesis 3 being made than there ever was for Michael 4.

For a lot of folks this is their regular job, and they have to make what sells. Sorry if that offends you. I find your implication that content creation isn't a real job to be rather offensive. If you think it's so easy and isn't a "real" job, then by all means learn how to make some of your own content and see how long it takes and how well it sells. Then you can prove to all of us that we're wrong and its just a myth.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2017 at 2:17 AM · edited Wed, 16 August 2017 at 2:21 AM

I got 16 downloads in a day .I know it don't sound like much but I'm very happy with that. looks like there's some potential for my meshes.

I know 99.9% of stuff around here is for sexy girls n I like sexy girls in a variety of races. Like they say .Variety is the spice of life ;) but really who needs a billion pairs of panties for your CGI doll.

I'm not here to be the riches CGI Artist or to pay a bill with a 100 pairs of nickers. I want to be in the top 10 coolest CGI Artist. Sure I like green who don't ,but don't chase the money ,chase the dream.

You can't be king of the world If you're slave to the grind

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2017 at 2:54 AM

You can make a living as a content artist without making the typical hooker-wear that fills all the stores. Plenty of content artists do. It just takes a lot longer to get there. Just be good at what you do, whatever it is, and fill a need. But you do have to be a 'slave to the grind' and earn your bars for a while to get there.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2017 at 9:53 AM

"For a lot of folks this is their regular job, and they have to make what sells. Sorry if that offends you. I find your implication that content creation isn't a real job to be rather offensive. If you think it's so easy and isn't a "real" job, then by all means learn how to make some of your own content and see how long it takes and how well it sells. Then you can prove to all of us that we're wrong and its just a myth.

I strongly reccommend learning to create your own clothing content as a means to liberate yourself from the whims of others in general

wether your stuff sells or not, at least you will be making the types of clothing and characters you prefer to use and saving money by not buying from others.

Having such skills will also enable you to choose whatever generation of figures you personally prefer and "future proof" them against the inevitible abandonment by the vendors who quickly move on the the latest& greatest as soon as it arrives.

I am only interested in near future & sci fi types of clothing hardly anyone was making such clothing and I also prefer an older generation Model For animation Data Compatibility.

so I upgraded my modeling skills and started making my own clothing and never looked back.

Getting angry at the content vendors and insulting them with profane attacks in the forums wont change anything, anyone can change the content situation by empowering themselves.

clavious.jpg

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2017 at 9:53 AM

hark suite.jpg

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2017 at 9:56 AM

...........just a few of my custom clothing items original... ....one of a kind and exactly what I want and not what some vendor thinks will sell

sportswaer.jpg

My website

YouTube Channel

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2017 at 10:55 AM

Cyberdene posted at 9:26AM Wed, 16 August 2017 - #4312261

So much stupid in such a small paragraph.

There are several reasons why 95% of the characters in the Poser/DS universe are Caucasian. The biggest one is the lack of photographic merchant resources. The big one that most folks use is based in Europe (due to $$$$), and they don't have that much in the way of non-Caucasians. There isn't that much in the way of non-Caucasian resources available - please feel free to address that shortcoming by providing them.

Of course, that doesn't excuse all of the Caucasian features that vendors dial into their non-Caucasian figure (and don't get me started on blue-eyed Asians), but you can easily adjust that yourself - if you are willing to spend 30 seconds on it, which I suspect you aren't willing to do.

Most of the folks here are trying to make a go at this professionally, they aren't doing this to cater to your ego - they are doing to cater to their ego.

If you have any skills (or even if you don't) please feel free to fill the market with non-Caucasians; I am sure that you can spin a dial just as easily as a vendor can - there is a subset here that will buy them, and artists can do well with them. Reciecup has been at it for over a decade - what makes her characters great is the fact that they DON'T look like Caucasians that spent too much time in a tanning booth.

If your "friends" want more ethnicities for their art, they can do the exact same thing I do - use more than 1 base mesh. 5% of 1 figure doesn't give an artist a lot of choices - 5% of a dozen or so base meshes does. It is how I have a couple hundred non-Caucasians. It also helps if they add more tools to their tool kit like Texture Transformer, and Texture Converter (sold at that other site).

The downside of that is that you would actually have to learn the features of Poser and other associated programs. Are you willing to do that?

And what the hell does genesis 3 have to do with Michael 4? The great Why is there no male clothing piefights took place a decade ago, during the Michael 3 era.

Of course, if you know how to use Poser - it isn't difficult to move content from 1 figure to another.

patorak3d ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2017 at 6:06 PM

Hi RorrKonn you're hands look awesome. The edgelooping is great too. This is what I had in mind though for the monster hands.Monster Hands.jpg I'll get started on the feet next.

patorak3d ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2017 at 6:10 PM

Hi Cyberdene I modeled this from Emma, the black female reference from 3dsk. If you'd like I could attach it to a body and make it available as a Poser figure.Emma's Head.jpg

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2017 at 7:07 PM

patorak3d : It's all kool ,I like your monster hands. Think I'll give monster hands a try one of these days.

it's easy to convert whites textures in to mixed races in 2D app's ,gimp free. n morphs are easy enough. you could have a harem of mixed races Vicky in a few days.

patorak3d ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2017 at 8:01 PM

RorrKonn: I got to thinking about your hand model then I got to thinking about the monsters then I got to thinking about your hand model and the monsters together. All of a sudden it hit me like a ton of bricks "I know what monsters to model after the orcs, goblins and trolls." I had to check first to see if anyone else had modeled these particular monsters. I checked cgsociety; nothin'. i checked turbosquid; nothin'. i checked sharecg; nothin'. I checked daz; nothin'. I checked here; nothin'. I checked smithmicro; nothin'. i checked hivewire; nothin'. So, i'm going to model these particular monsters after i model the orcs, goblins and trolls. if you don't mind, i will use your hand model when i model the leader of these particular monsters.

patorak3d ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2017 at 8:45 PM

Cyberdene: I've attached Emma's head to a body. i still have to attach her feet and shape her body. i'll place the animation edgeloops next weekendEmma.jpg

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2017 at 6:24 AM

patorak3d I need to write a better "RorrKonns_Hand_Set_One_READ_ME.txt"

Yes you can use the RorrKonns_Hand_Set_One hands to make any of your character with for any reason .to sell or give away as Blender ,Poser etc etc character or to sell or give away as Unreal ,Unity Game characters or to make your own games with .etc .etc. Once you have modified the hands in some way "modified the topology by attaching to a arm " and or "rigged" and or " modified the topology " for example and you have textured the hands.do with them as you please.

You can do anything you want with them except sell them as is or give them away as is. I don't want anyone to sell what I'm giving away. No one else needs to give away RorrKonns_Hand_Set_One as is .They just need to post a link to them.

I just really don't want to see my free hand set for sell at turbo for a $1000.00. I told them about a Vicky there they took her down.

There's a dude that sells a subdivide to 300,000 polycount Vicky n one out fit for 100's on a outlaw site. I tell all his customers about all the free character we have.

I just don't want any crap like that.

Good luck with all your characters .

RorrKonns_Hand_Set_One has gotten over 60 downloads .I was surprised .I would have thought 5 downloads maybe. I think 60+ downloads is awesome. So I'm making a full human kit for sell. with a human ratio guide n the philosophy sub dividable topology n Triangle game character also.

moogal ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2017 at 9:43 PM

Coleman posted at 10:15PM Sun, 10 September 2017 - #4310495

My bad folks... I didn't mean revive Poser 4 Posette. I mean instead of throwing a LITTLE bit of money into the next Poser figure... and spend the rest on Poser software addons... I'm saying spend A L L the money on a new character that completely re-revolutionizes Poser as a 3D PERSON app which it was made for in the first place.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but here's what I think is wrong with what you're suggesting. Well, essentially everything. The reason the old figures aren't good enough any more is because Poser long lost focus of being the 3D person app it was made for. The rigging methodology is 20 years old. It doesn't simulate people, it simulates jointed mannequins. It should model underlying muscle mass, not simply the deformation visible in the overlaying mesh. They only just added soft-bodies and it's still only a supported feature that the user has to set up and have a basic grasp of. Then there's stuff like this: http://rodolphe-vaillant.fr/?e=59 Elastic implicit skinning would allow for truly modern figure creation. Without a drastic rethinking of how Poser works, there will always be a demand for a new "Posette/Vicky-Killer" every time a new feature is kludged in. All the morphs in the world can't change that bone, muscle, fat and skin all need to be factored into every pose and motion if the program is to ever be modern again.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 11 September 2017 at 5:02 AM · edited Mon, 11 September 2017 at 5:05 AM

moogal posted at 5:40AM Mon, 11 September 2017 - #4313913

Coleman posted at 10:15PM Sun, 10 September 2017 - #4310495

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but here's what I think is wrong with what you're suggesting. Well, essentially everything. The reason the old figures aren't good enough any more is because Poser long lost focus of being the 3D person app it was made for. The rigging methodology is 20 years old. It doesn't simulate people, it simulates jointed mannequins. It should model underlying muscle mass, not simply the deformation visible in the overlaying mesh. They only just added soft-bodies and it's still only a supported feature that the user has to set up and have a basic grasp of. Then there's stuff like this: http://rodolphe-vaillant.fr/?e=59 Elastic implicit skinning would allow for truly modern figure creation. Without a drastic rethinking of how Poser works, there will always be a demand for a new "Posette/Vicky-Killer" every time a new feature is kludged in. All the morphs in the world can't change that bone, muscle, fat and skin all need to be factored into every pose and motion if the program is to ever be modern again.

We can still go farther ,we can go to the point of no return. when we can make 3D skeleton, muscles ,tendons, guts etc etc move like our's and the skin to move correctly over top all the insides then well have a 3D human that moves like a real human. "now where going beyond the twilight zone" but now the 3D Artist has to crate them.a doctor has a understanding of all are guts but do they even know how they move ? so we need a cadaver to move on his own for us, but all humans move differently even the same human moves differently at different ages.so we need multiple cadavers that moves on there own for us and can manipulate there age.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2017 at 9:50 AM

Cyberdene posted at 9:08AM Tue, 12 September 2017 - #4312261

I sympathize with your longing for more diverse characters. I empathize with your frustration at not being able to find content you want. I think enough people have responded regarding the market realities to make the reasons for the current market clear to you. What prompts me to respond is your reaction to that frustration and longing.

Your words paint content creators as malicious and greedy because they aren't making what you and your friends want. You're not unique in that attitude, even if what you want is. The Poser community has long suffered from this kind of negativity. It's part of why the Poser content community is dying. All but a very few of the content creators I learned from or learned among are still making Poser content. A handful have switched to DS, but most have moved out of the community altogether.

Packaging up a product, doing internal testing (including test renders, test simulations, etc.), managing beta testing and revisions, making thumbnails, writing documentation and ad copy, making a full set of promo renders, making gallery renders and doing marketing on various sites, and managing brokerage communications generally takes at least 20 hours. Making a freebie only takes some of marketing (but not all), some of the promo renders (but not all), some of the ad copy, and brokerage communications off that list. And that's all outside of the main part of production. Almost all vendors are single artists, and the few that aren't generally work in pairs. Making content is not only hugely time consuming, it requires a wide array of skills- from copy editing to modeling to graphic design to managing volunteers (testers) to promotion and marketing.

I know that Poser is only a hobby for most people, and I appreciate all the time and money customers spend on it. I don't think it's a lot for content creators to ask for that same level respect. Try to respond to vendors with the same consideration and restraint you do when you comment on your friend's image. If you can give your fellow gallery artists the leeway to make images that you personally don't like or aren't interested in, give the vendors who make their images possible the same freedom.

The Poser content community is dying because content creators are leaving the Poser community. Yet another figure won't do but so much to change that. It doesn't matter whether everyone's destructively criticizing a figure or some other kind of content. Artists don't tend to feel inspired to create for a community when they see the people in it drag other artists through the mud after tens or even hundreds of hours of hard work.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 12 September 2017 at 9:46 PM

The Poser content community is dying because content creators are leaving the Poser community. Yet another figure won't do but so much to change that. It doesn't matter whether everyone's destructively criticizing a figure or some other kind of content. Artists don't tend to feel inspired to create for a community when they see the people in it drag other artists through the mud after tens or even hundreds of hours of hard work.

Make's me think of sixus1 He's not just the most talented Poser Vender .Very few any where could match sixus1 talent.,sixus1 could sell his creations at main sites for 1000's. Even fewer knows the talent it takes to make sixus1 creations.

movida ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2017 at 11:47 AM · edited Sun, 17 September 2017 at 11:48 AM

"The Poser content community is dying because content creators are leaving the Poser community. Yet another figure won't do but so much to change that. It doesn't matter whether everyone's destructively criticizing a figure or some other kind of content. Artists don't tend to feel inspired to create for a community when they see the people in it drag other artists through the mud after tens or even hundreds of hours of hard work."

Absolutely, and after a while I knew in advance who would attack (they run in cliques like Hyenas lmao). I would guess the activity in the R'osity Poser Forum is not 30% of what it was during the Anton/Syyd/Phil C days. And Anton/Syyd/Phil C and all the really talented people were more than generous with info and help.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2017 at 1:12 AM

Come to think of it ,My free stuff got 97 down loads ,I'm thinking I'll break a 100 one day witch is really shocking to me.

Shock Me

Anyways 97 downloads n not one comment ,Think I alt to be offended

CHK2033 ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2017 at 3:19 PM

RorrKonn posted at 3:13PM Wed, 20 September 2017 - #4314494

Come to think of it ,My free stuff got 97 down loads ,I'm thinking I'll break a 100 one day witch is really shocking to me.

Shock Me

No.. had around over 500 or so in 2 months for some freebie skull before i removed it (due to the typical non creatives hacks still floating around) only maybe around 7 or so comments only and those was from people i know. not everyone feels the need to say thank you.(or create their own items from scratch.....apparently)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2017 at 4:18 PM

TheDarkerSideOfArt posted at 5:18PM Wed, 20 September 2017 - #4314525

RorrKonn posted at 3:13PM Wed, 20 September 2017 - #4314494

Shock Me

No.. had around over 500 or so in 2 months for some freebie skull before i removed it (due to the typical non creatives hacks still floating around) only maybe around 7 or so comments only and those was from people i know. not everyone feels the need to say thank you.(or create their own items from scratch.....apparently)

Sadly none of this shocks me.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2017 at 7:30 PM

Enough personal attacks and political grandstanding. I am deleting several posts. This is not necessary to get your message across folks. Sorry I didn't catch this earlier.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

dendy57 ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2018 at 1:53 AM

The beauty of the Posette figure is in it's simplicity. Even an amateur like me could create something to work with that figure. And all the morphs and add-ons that artists out there created... a modern Posette in a place where the program could do all the modern things they do? That would be incredible.

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2018 at 5:29 AM

Perhaps Zygote could get this message ... although as I understand it those who created Posette are now still at DAZ. So ... you see where her evolution went. Good figures to be sure, but not Poser figures. I agree that the original shape of Posette was pretty good as a universal female form for customization. Even Dork has his potential.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2018 at 12:14 AM · edited Fri, 09 February 2018 at 12:18 AM

dendy57 posted at 1:03AM Fri, 09 February 2018 - #4324017

The beauty of the Posette figure is in it's simplicity. Even an amateur like me could create something to work with that figure. And all the morphs and add-ons that artists out there created... a modern Posette in a place where the program could do all the modern things they do? That would be incredible.

I think of Posette as a game mesh. there's a lot of cool game meshes.I wish poser had all the game meshes that unity n unreal ,sketchfab have.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2018 at 5:39 AM

Posette was a nice shaped figure. But now we do have PE and she is so scalable and morphable that one can make all sorts of shapes with her. I heavily scaled her and she still bent well and looked nice in other poses. She has enough polys to do some really nice morphs, which some vendors have done already. eg the biscuit's face and lip morph set

NICE FACE MORPH SET IN THE MP HERE

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.