Wed, Sep 18, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Poser Pro 11.2 Update Questions

erogenesis ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 11:46 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 12:19 PM

Yay, sounds good. Anyway, thought I might start a general thread.

Regarding my questions:

1. Can it wait until October/November? I'm a little busy now.
  2. Will it overwrite my preferred start scene? (will it overwrite anything of my preferred state?)
  3. I have an air-gapped setup (offline). Can I do it offline? (or after going online, can I go back offline without any drama?)
  4. extra: can we skip the extra content? I have most of it already.

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

Doc000 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 12:06 PM

In addition to the above questions, I have one:

About this new Download Manager... I already have the Smith Micro Download Manager installed. Do I need to uninstall the old one, or can I use it to patch, or will the new one update the old one, or...?

The email that was sent out is extremely vague about all of this.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 12:13 PM
Online Now!

Second question I can answer. The new install should uninstall your older version, however, your preferences will remain intact. So make sure when you install the version build, select keep your preferences or else you will be back to the familiar factory default.
Don't skimp on the extra content. There is quite a number of new additions and Superfly shaders which may become useful in the future.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 12:15 PM

It sounds like it will override your preferred setup scene.

The new La Femme figure will be the first thing Poser users see when they open Poser 11.2. The "safe for work" version will come free with Poser while La Femme Pro, which is anatomically correct and compatible with HD morphs, can be purchased in the Renderosity Marketplace.

So save your setup scene before you upgrade.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 12:19 PM
Online Now!

Doc000 posted at 1:14PM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362127

In addition to the above questions, I have one:

About this new Download Manager... I already have the Smith Micro Download Manager installed. Do I need to uninstall the old one, or can I use it to patch, or will the new one update the old one, or...?

The email that was sent out is extremely vague about all of this.

The new Download Manager will override the older version, however, the SMDM is only showing my last update before installing the Renderosity build. As to whether this will change in the future, I don't know. I know this was offered as a way to restore Poser 11 to the version before 11.2.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 12:21 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2019 at 12:24 PM
Online Now!

randym77 posted at 1:19PM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362130

It sounds like it will override your preferred setup scene.

The new La Femme figure will be the first thing Poser users see when they open Poser 11.2. The "safe for work" version will come free with Poser while La Femme Pro, which is anatomically correct and compatible with HD morphs, can be purchased in the Renderosity Marketplace.

Nope. I've already installed several builds and as long as you select retain your settings, you should be back to the way you set Poser up.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 12:57 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2019 at 12:59 PM

I don't know what 11.2 will do, but when I recently upgraded my 11.0.7.x to 11.1.1.x, I found the option to save my preferred settings already checked, so there shouldn't be a problem retaining them.

That said, I'm also planning on saving the following files before updating:

LibraryPrefs.xml

LibraryState.xml

Poser UI PrefMap.xml

Poser UI Prefs_1600x900.xml (my monitor size, yours may vary)

Poser.ini

preferredState.pz3

On a Windows computer, these can be found at C: Users YourName AppData Roaming Poser Pro 11

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

erogenesis ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 1:20 PM

Thanks for the answers everyone.

I just hope it doesn't demand that I go online every three weeks. I set up my permanent licenses with the SM server a while back and I hope to keep it that way. I prefer keeping my system offline.

On the other hand, I do have another question. I skipped 11.1 because:

1. it stopped me from being able to copy keyframes over from a second instance of Poser (PP2014) due to the added data of the categories (I tend to copy over keyframes a lot between two running Posers due to upgrading of my base figures)
  2. retrograding to SR8 seemed to fail and I had to re-install Poser 11 entirely because of it.

Now I will have to upgrade at some point I think, but can it wait? and how long? Can I upgrade from sr8 next year when I have time?

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

DreamWeaver_Designs ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 2:58 PM

I too would like to know what the deal is for those of us who keep our working computers offline

ronaldknights ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 3:23 PM

What are the eligibility requirements for the Poser 11.2 update. I have Poser 10. Am I able to get the Poser 11.2 update? What is the cost?!

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 3:28 PM

ronaldknights posted at 4:27PM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362170

What are the eligibility requirements for the Poser 11.2 update. I have Poser 10. Am I able to get the Poser 11.2 update? What is the cost?!

You need to be a registered user of Poser Pro 11. You need to update Poser 10 here: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/poser-pro-11-upgrade-from-poser-10-9-8-7-6-or-poser-debut/112661/

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 3:58 PM

dreamweever posted at 4:55PM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362166

I too would like to know what the deal is for those of us who keep our working computers offline

If you use Poser 11, or Poser Pro 11 and have a permanent activation, I would update anyway. You get any benefits and you'll no longer need the permanent activation, so nothing will change for you there.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 4:05 PM

I don't have all the answers, but I have some:

-I've uninstalled Poser completely (from my Windows Programs and Features tab, AND from allowing it to uninstall before I install the new version) several times between the many updates they have for us early adopters, including a couple of times that after uninstalling I went in and manually deleted the leftover Poser 11 folder and Poser 11 Content folder, and my preferences and preferred state are intact. As long as you don't go into where those preferences live in your User folder (or whatever it lives on a Mac), and when you install you ask it to keep using your existing preferences when it prompts you for that (like before, your options are to delete the preferences, to back up the preferences - which is the default if you just skip it - or to use the preferences), you're fine.

-On extra content: for now they're separate installers and I imagine they'll keep it that way, so you can simply not install those.

On what I'd imagine but can't say for sure:

-For your offline rig, I imagine you can simply download the installer on an online device, and take that to your offline device. I'm not sure how it validates your one-time Product Registration window though. You get a 21 day trial time, might be enough to set up some temporary web connection maybe.

-On waiting until november: well, it's an update. Pretty sure it'll be there waiting for you like usual updates.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 4:23 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 4:21PM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362180

-On waiting until november: well, it's an update. Pretty sure it'll be there waiting for you like usual updates.

The thing is...the Rosity email that went out today says:

If you do not update, your Poser may not work if you have a version above Poser 10 because the licensing system will not be able to complete the over-the-internet check needed to confirm your license key.

If you want your Poser to continue to work properly, you must update.

Though I guess that wouldn't apply if to a version that's not connected to the Internet at all.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 4:31 PM

My question is probably pretty basic, so apologies, but...

We're updating to 11.2, but when I open the download manager, it takes me to a list that's all marked 11.1.________. Am I missing something here? On a Mac, so have those files not been updated yet?

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

SeanMartin ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 4:32 PM

I'll add that there are a number of somewhat confusing things in this version, but I"m sure I'll get used to them eventually. :-)

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 4:54 PM

SeanMartin posted at 4:49PM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362185

I'll add that there are a number of somewhat confusing things in this version, but I"m sure I'll get used to them eventually. :-)

I updated from Poser Pro 2014 to Poser Pro 11 some weeks ago. There are definitely some differences between the two, but it took no time to get adjusted to PP 11. I am still learning and experimenting with the new features. And having fun doing so! I love SuperFly, but still tend to use FireFly with the new area lights. I hope you love PP 11 as much as I am, Sean!

Also, I believe the update to 11.2 has been moved to the 19th. More testing time or inclusion of the HiveWire assets? I'm using 3 Macs here and am eagerly awaiting the new release and all the goodies that come with it.

Lee

SeanMartin ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 5:04 PM

@ Lee: Ah! I was under the impression that the update included all the new merch. I didnt realize it was coming on the 19th. Thanks for the heads up.

ronaldknights ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 5:35 PM

How long will the $99 upgrade price for Poser (v10) last? I'm on a limited income. I can't put together that kind of money quickly.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 5:41 PM

The update itself also doesn't roll out until the 19th. Those of us speaking from experience are the ones in the Early Adopter program - we have 11.2.(something) for us to test. What everyone else will get on the 19th will be the final, stable build.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 5:57 PM

SeanMartin posted at 5:53PM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362193

@ Lee: Ah! I was under the impression that the update included all the new merch. I didnt realize it was coming on the 19th. Thanks for the heads up.

@ Sean: The original target date for the 11.2 update was today, but they needed to push back the release by a few days. It will include the update from 11.1.x to 11.2 (with all the changes that entails) AND all the new content. It's very exciting news and I can't wait to get it all installed and start playing with everything! I can't wait to see what you do with PP 11. Always a fan!

Lee

DocPhoton ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 6:04 PM

Asked this in another area but this one seems pretty active. I got the new Download manager & running it now. I've 11.1.1.35510 currently. There's both an Installer and Updater for 11.1.1.35540.

Should I just run the updater or the full Installer?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 6:31 PM
Site Admin

DocPhoton posted at 6:30PM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362207

Asked this in another area but this one seems pretty active. I got the new Download manager & running it now. I've 11.1.1.35510 currently. There's both an Installer and Updater for 11.1.1.35540.

Should I just run the updater or the full Installer?

No. 11.2 isn't out yet. It was delayed. The new expected date is the 19th.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

KingNot ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 7:19 PM

How much for 11.1 users?

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 7:57 PM

KingNot posted at 8:55PM Mon, 16 September 2019 - #4362216

How much for 11.1 users?

The update will be free for all Poser PRO 11 users. Poser 11 standard edition has been phased out and only the Pro version will be available going forward. IF you are using Poser 11 Standard, you need to upgrade to Poser PRO 11 on the Renderosity marketplace.

If you are a current Poser 11 PRO user, the update will cost you nothing.

contedesfees ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2019 at 10:44 PM

And what about users of Poser Pro 2014?

samsiahaija ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 12:25 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2019 at 12:28 AM

Glitterati3D posted at 12:18AM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362222

How much for 11.1 users?

The update will be free for all Poser PRO 11 users. Poser 11 standard edition has been phased out and only the Pro version will be available going forward. IF you are using Poser 11 Standard, you need to upgrade to Poser PRO 11 on the Renderosity marketplace.

Does that mean Poser 11 Regular will stop working after sept 19th? Can't remember that was the deal when I bought it. And I do not have the money to update to Poser 11 Pro anytime soon...I can live without the extra content, but would be rather annoyed when a program that I officially bought stopped working altogether.

And forcing people to update is not a nice business strategy.....

contedesfees ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 1:38 AM

According to an email I have just received, users of Poser Pro 2014, Poser 11, and Poser Pro 11 will receive the update free of charge. I have not received any information on how and when this free update will proceed, but apparently Bondware-Renderosity is not going to hold Poser loyalists to ransom (which is not to say that they aren't clumsy communicators).

samsiahaija ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 2:50 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2019 at 2:52 AM

contedesfees posted at 2:39AM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362245

According to an email I have just received, users of Poser Pro 2014, Poser 11, and Poser Pro 11 will receive the update free of charge. I have not received any information on how and when this free update will proceed, but apparently Bondware-Renderosity is not going to hold Poser loyalists to ransom (which is not to say that they aren't clumsy communicators).

They seem to somehow have an Issue with Poser 11 Standard. As it is not possible to upgrade directly from Standard 11 to Pro 11 via the Renderosity site, they have you jump through hoops for the upgrade. I guess some emergency solution after days of utter silence about the subject. And then there is this vagueness about who will and who will not have a working version of Poser as of Sept 19th. I can fully understand if P11 Standard users will not receive the extra content - but I do wish a functional program. And, as I mentioned: you will only have a working version of Poser if you buy the upgrade would not be a very sympathetic business strategy. (It can't be even that difficult; Poser 11 Standard and Pro always had the same installers; the difference was only in the license keys, that unlocked some extra functionality for Pro-buyers.)

erogenesis ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 4:18 AM

thanks again for the answers!

I hope I didn't come across like a wet blanket. Its fantastic that there's movement with Poser, and the extra content is a great idea!

But I really hope it can wait. I'm sure I can but the email seemed a little resolute/insistent about upgrading. I'm in the middle of a very intense production that will hopefully be done by the end of this month, and then I'll immediately continue with another project until December (probably even more intense). I've always had bad experiences upgrading / changing up my system, especially because I have completely customized it. So I avoid tinkering with my system during projects as it can really delay me and screw up my muse (and I heavily depend on it for the style of comic I do). So if I can upgrade like next year January, that would work out better. I'd love to know what the official word on this is.

Also the offline thing is very important. I suspect it would just be a downloadable installer like the other SRs. That would be great.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 4:45 AM

erogenesis posted at 5:35AM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362251

thanks again for the answers!

I hope I didn't come across like a wet blanket. Its fantastic that there's movement with Poser, and the extra content is a great idea!

But I really hope it can wait. I'm sure I can but the email seemed a little resolute/insistent about upgrading. I'm in the middle of a very intense production that will hopefully be done by the end of this month, and then I'll immediately continue with another project until December (probably even more intense). I've always had bad experiences upgrading / changing up my system, especially because I have completely customized it. So I avoid tinkering with my system during projects as it can really delay me and screw up my muse (and I heavily depend on it for the style of comic I do). So if I can upgrade like next year January, that would work out better. I'd love to know what the official word on this is.

Also the offline thing is very important. I suspect it would just be a downloadable installer like the other SRs. That would be great.

The problem you face is that your license is governed by Smith Micro's licensing agreement. Bondware wants to change that agreement to their new one. If you do NOT upgrade, yes your Poser may stop working if it can't phone home over the internet. If you continue to use Poser without upgrading, especially 'til January, you have no one to blame but yourself if it stops. Even if you do download the installer, if you don't install it, it will still stop. I suggest you take a hint from your sig line. 😄

erogenesis ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 5:01 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2019 at 5:05 AM

EClark1894 posted at 11:53AM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362252

erogenesis posted at 5:35AM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362251

The problem you face is that your license is governed by Smith Micro's licensing agreement. Bondware wants to change that agreement to their new one. If you do NOT upgrade, yes your Poser may stop working if it can't phone home over the internet. If you continue to use Poser without upgrading, especially 'til January, you have no one to blame but yourself if it stops. Even if you do download the installer, if you don't install it, it will still stop. I suggest you take a hint from your sig line. 😄

I'm definitely not touching my systems until I am ready to do so. This is not a hobby for me.

My systems are offline anyway, so it never checks for upgrades (and the license is permanent). So my installations will continue indefinitely, unless I upgrade.

Can I not just download the executable and leave it on my drive until I have time to upgrade? And also, 11.1 does things differently with keyframing which is a problem for me. I'm pretty sure that's not been changed with 11.2. I've since adjusted my workflow but haven't tested it with 11.1 yet. That all takes time that I don't have. So I'm definitely going to be holding out until I have time to update all my scripts and workflow.

I'm also fine with re-installing if needed. I'm just not going to touch my systems any time soon. I'm pretty sure there is a 'window' that Bondware are giving to let you upgrade. I doubt we need to do it on exactly the 19th. I'd like to know about that window, if there's any.

It would be great to have the official word on this.

erogenesis ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 5:11 AM

Just curious, when someone buys poser 11 now, will they immediately get 11.2 or will they get the original install with 11.2 as an upgrade?

RobZhena ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 7:07 AM

Ero; I understand the the “permanent” license isn’t really. At some point it has to be renewed.

erogenesis ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 7:37 AM

RobZhena posted at 2:34PM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362262

Ero; I understand the the “permanent” license isn’t really. At some point it has to be renewed.

Are you sure? I've been running Poser 11 across 6 computers (several licenses) for well over three years now without ever having to renew it (after making them permanent that is). Never had an issue, in fact when I re-installed SR8 from 11.1, think I didn't even have to activate it.

erogenesis ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 8:52 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2019 at 8:54 AM

There must be some misunderstanding. I emailed Bondware to be sure, I'll await their answer.

I think its only if you want to upgrade or if you're online, that you need this upgrade for your Poser version to carry on working, but I'm pretty sure that you can upgrade at any time in future. If not, then that's guaranteed to cause a LOT of drama. My reasons aside, what if people don't receive this email on time? What if they're on holiday? What if their PC is broken now? What if they're too busy with a baby? or other family issues at the moment? What about people that want to return to Poser next year? Just recently one of my fans on Deviant Art re-installed Poser after years of using DS. If he would have waited a few more months, would he have been screwed? I doubt that Bondware want that to happen.

In a professional setting, changing or upgrading your tools is something you plan for. Unreal developers of all people know this, as they can access all versions of Unreal engine at all times. Any power user of any software know that upgrades can severely disrupt things. Poser is not a novelty item like an iPhone, its a tool. I frequently still use Poser Pro 2014 because of some issues with PP11's firefly. I'll wait until October and then test 11.1. If it works for me, then I'll upgrade 11.2. If not, I'll take my chances until January.

I'll let you all know what Bondware replies, but I think it should be fine.

RobZhena ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 10:35 AM

Ero: I stand corrected. If you have only one installation of a permanent license, it is permanent. If you have additional installations, they have to renew.

erogenesis ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 12:59 PM

I have two P11 licenses and PP2012, PP2014 + Game Dev. I run them all across 6 computers and I've firewalled them from the internal network so I can run them at the same time without licencing issues. (sorry, if I can run blender and DS 6 times without issues, I'm not going to feel guilty for running a $500 app more times than permitted. 😁 )

But yah, again, had no issues with activation in the last three years (and more)

hudengnorf ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 1:02 PM

Before I download unnecessarily: Does 11.2 come with a compatible version of the Queue Manager for rendering nodes?

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 1:13 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2019 at 1:14 PM

hudengnorf posted at 2:12PM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362301

Before I download unnecessarily: Does 11.2 come with a compatible version of the Queue Manager for rendering nodes?

Yes.

I tested network rendering almost every day the last month.

As did a couple of other testers with networks set up.

an0malaus ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 1:19 PM

@hudengnorf, Yes, I've tested the 11.2 Queue Manager, though only on my limited network of two macs. None of the problems where Smith Micro failed to release a matching version of QM with a Poser update.

@erogenesis, I don't think you will be troubled with offline licensing issues, apart from my lack of understanding of how an initial registration will work with no net access. Please raise a ticket for the keyframe copying issues on Support (though I'm confident you'll have done that already) With sufficient details on the particular workflow that's an issue, it's possible beta testers can confirm and address/report that.

For others asking about the SM Download Manager, their licence servers will stop and that will, I expect, cease to function. New Poser 11.2 is being delivered as Installers at this time. Some content will likely be zip archives (and/or packages for mac folks), rather than installers.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

erogenesis ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 3:57 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2019 at 4:07 PM

an0malaus posted at 10:44PM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362304

@erogenesis, I don't think you will be troubled with offline licensing issues, apart from my lack of understanding of how an initial registration will work with no net access.

Yes it looks like my thoughts on the matter are correct, in that I don't have anything to worry about. My offline installations (I made them permanent using the pgportal at SM, so they don't check in anymore) will obviously keep working until I wish to upgrade to 11.2. This will obviously require me to go online for a moment which is ok with me. I will pick up the downloadables on the 19th and keep them until I can risk the upgrade.

To be sure, I am just confirming with Bondware that their new version will operate independently from the SM servers and that I don't need to deactivate my license with SM first. I am assuming this should be fine too since its very likely they will have plenty of stragglers that would want to upgrade several months from now. In any case I would also assume that I'd have the right to just re-install the Rendo version of Poser with an SM license key.

However what I don't know is if the Bondware version will go back to the 'check-in' thing from before. I want to avoid that at all costs.

Please raise a ticket for the keyframe copying issues on Support (though I'm confident you'll have done that already) With sufficient details on the particular workflow that's an issue, it's possible beta testers can confirm and address/report that.

I doubt there'a any point in raising that ticket. The problem is that 11.1 has added a new data type in the keyframe string when you copy the keyframe, namely the category type. for some strange reason they chose to insert it between keytype and value, instead of appending it like with all database structures. this basically makes copy pasting between Poser versions completely useless since Poser gets confused with the order of the data. And I am pretty sure that I'm one of the few people that operates with two versions of Poser like this, so I doubt they will give a damn. I use it a lot because Poser doesn't work with instanced figures, and the replace figure feature doesn't work very well with custom figures, so I have to do the swap manually, and it works faster by opening the old scene in Poser 10 and then copying the keyframes over to Poser 11. I've since made a python script that extracts the keyframe data from an old scene without opening Poser, and it works pretty well. I can also just open a second instance of Poser on another machine and then just save the keyframe data in a notepad that I share across the LAN.

Its also a way for me to pose figures quickly in a lighter poser scene and then copying it over into a very big laggy scene. there are many advantages of being able to copy keyframes across. Hence me avoiding 11.1 all this time.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 4:30 PM

contedesfees posted at 4:27PM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362245

I'll say. They're still selling the upgrade from Poser Pro 2014 in the RMP.

an0malaus ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 5:57 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2019 at 5:57 PM

@erogenesis, I'd think it's probably worth raising the ticket, though perhaps with the added suggestion that future releases have a preference setting allowing that category information to be suppressed from the clipboard. A python script is certainly a useful workaround, though. I've certainly made plenty of use of pose animations copied to a text editor and even imported them into Excel to subject them to calculation munging and pasted them back into Poser via the text editor again. It's worth asking for workflow flexibility features, and at least one won't have to spend years blue in the face withholding one's breath waiting for any kind of response from SM, due to their being bound hand and foot in red tape and funding limitations. ;-)

@randym77 & @contedesfees, the valiant few who are grinding their noses off to get this release out are bound to miss a few niceties outside the narrow sphere of their current focus, but when the pressure slackens off for a moment, I'm sure you will have more answers and visible action from them. [Cue video of swans serenely swimming, while the camera pans underwater to the outboard motor-like thrashing of their feet] 😆

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 7:31 PM

this surely sucks overall. I have P11 Standard and had no intention of Pro ... But now its either upgrade to pro or quite using Poser altogether, as the version will no longer work? way to go rendo losing half your customer base.

Glitterati3D posted at 7:30PM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362222

How much for 11.1 users?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

ronaldknights ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 7:35 PM

I have mixed feelings about this news. I still recall, many years ago there was a great debate about authentication. People were concerned that legal owners might not retain their authorizations if Poser got a new owner. Renderosity addressed that problem right away! Congratulations! I am pleased to see how quickly so many recognized names have joined forces with Bondware (Renderosity) to work on Poser Pro 2011.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 9:12 PM

Dave-So posted at 9:08PM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362339

this surely sucks overall. I have P11 Standard and had no intention of Pro ... But now its either upgrade to pro or quite using Poser altogether, as the version will no longer work? way to go rendo losing half your customer base.

But the upgrade is free. They've taken the upgrade from P11 standard to Pro out of the store, because the upgrade will be free.

It does suck for people who just bought the upgrade, I guess, if they didn't give refunds. But it sounds like a lot of people will be getting free upgrades. Everyone using Poser Pro 2014 and Poser 11.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 9:40 PM

I am not quite understanding why a free upgrade to a program with more options would result in people quitting using Poser. What feature would be so negatively received or offensive? Honestly curious, myself.

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 10:00 PM

Rhia474 posted at 9:59PM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362350

I am not quite understanding why a free upgrade to a program with more options would result in people quitting using Poser. What feature would be so negatively received or offensive? Honestly curious, myself.

i have not seen official word that it is free...what i was referring to is what i quoted, that we had to upgrade to pro or our older stuff would not work any longer. i used standsard as i didnt want to buy pro...still dont, but if thats the only product, what choice is there?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2019 at 10:17 PM

Dave-So posted at 10:16PM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362353

Rhia474 posted at 9:59PM Tue, 17 September 2019 - #4362350

i have not seen official word that it is free...what i was referring to is what i quoted, that we had to upgrade to pro or our older stuff would not work any longer. i used standsard as i didnt want to buy pro...still dont, but if thats the only product, what choice is there?

It's free, at least for you. Look at the store. There's upgrades for lower versions of Poser still for sale, but the upgrade from Poser 11 to Pro is gone.

tastiger ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2019 at 12:21 AM

There is the issue that as far as I know Poser 11 Standard is 32 bit whereas Pro is 64 bit - please correct me if I am wrong. Some people may still be using 32 bit machines.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.