Mon, Oct 21, 11:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: How is Poser these days?

scottl ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 6:56 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:28 PM

Up until a few years ago i used the heck out of Poser. When daz Studio came along and daz no longer made figures for Poser I was at a loss. I tried DS several times  but never liked it for several reasons. But all the content seemed to be for DS. I didnt see where the Poser was headed. there was some fix to be able to use DS figures etc in Poser but I never could make it work. When I bought a new desktop i didnt think it was worth installing poser. I seriously had alot of content , spent alot of money and it seriously takes a HUGE chunk of time to install. It seemed also that at least for DS and I figured Poser as well there were suddenly all these different figures. With items for them and I had no idea what worked with what. I didnt see the point in buying things that only one for one offshoot of the latest Vicki or whatever. 

Anyway, I was curious how Poser is now? What figures do they use as far as male and female standard most popular. How expensive and can you use older content. sadly, Life has not been kind and at this point there is no ability to buy new things. But, where is Poser at and where headed? maybe one day I can get back in.

Thank you

Letterworks ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 8:20 PM

Alas you are only partially in luck with poser. As of version 12 you CAN still use the older figure (v4 etc.) but you are wasting a lot of functionality (some wil disagree with me here) since they are using figure without weight mapping at least if you want to use clothing etc form the same era.

Poser comes with LaFemme as it;s flagship figure these days. She is weight mapped and includes SOME later technology. Older content can be used for her if you use the fitting room and the set up room to convert the rigging. It's not easy but it's there. Some people seem perfectly happy using the older figures and content. 

There is a male figure L'Homme I don;t think he has a free version sold with Poser? Since he's built off of modified LaFemme rigging her has most of her tech.

There is a major amount of content for either of them yet but it is growing pretty much every day, and there as some very gifted content makers worhing hard to provide more.

Don;t know if this helps. If it does great!

Have a great day

scottl ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 8:38 PM

What I wanted to know, thank you.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 9:15 PM · edited Wed, 01 June 2022 at 9:15 PM

That is not all of course. Poser 12 has also an updated version of superfly. It is now pretty fast with a gpu based video card.

Here you can see what is possible with la femme.

Everything made by me

dnZGLAfFDP5Tzau6qSyfGuPaaORq54EX7mKJXNnc.jpg

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 9:23 PM

Now you can actually use real bpr values. It even renders faster when you respect the bpr rules. People that havent used bpr render engines OR iray probably need some time to adjust.

And you can of course also come back in the game with An older version. You are welcome ☺️

scottl ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 9:43 PM

Thanks, the skin is really nice. I cant do it probably til early next year at best but may be worth a look. One thing with poser back when I was in the game. for the most part it looked like a 3d render. When I left it was getting better and at times I was pleased with it. but I learned in animation school that my love is of environments. unfortunately didnt get to finish and theres a long story i will spare you. I just always loved playing with light.

I appreciate the help.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 9:46 PM

In poser 12 you can use Hdri light, like it should be compared to 11. Light is my weak spot. But there is a lot to discover.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 10:07 PM
Site Admin

Poser 12 does come with both La'femme and L'homme. There are also a lot of little tweaks in the interface that can help make things go smoother that you might not notice until you go back a version. And I believe that CPU rendering for superfly is also faster so if you can't buy a fancy graphics card, you can still see improvement.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

scottl ( ) posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 10:08 PM

It can be tricky but so worthwhile. have been working on lighting in Unreal and so much more to it but when its on, its so nice.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2022 at 12:32 AM

There are weightmapped versions of the old figures available. A lot of people use Sasha-16, a weightmapped version of V4, because she has the advantage of weightmapping and can use all the old V4 textures, morphs, and clothing. I like La Femme, but there's not nearly as much stuff for her as there is for V4.

I'm also anxiously waiting for Hivewire to release Dawn 2. She's really a whole different figure from the original Dawn, and it sounds like they learned a lot from the mistakes made on Dawn 1.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2022 at 2:00 AM

The limits of the V ic4 were quickly shown with, for example, the bent legs.
Here is an example with a Sasha-16:

MW4JHRdBx7D1Iq4T9afDof1Bmx7OOgB2hkL6FVjw.jpg

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

NikKelly ( ) posted Thu, 02 June 2022 at 5:50 AM

FWIW, if you have a lot of 'legacy' materiel, use via 'external library' function rather than loading more than a very few directly into Poser.

Link via 'library' to an item's own folder anywhere on an attached or networked drive. Poser will peek within and access the item's mini-run-time. Un-link that folder, another potential piece of clutter goes safely back into your archive...

'Gotcha' is that this only works so easily if 'external content' has its own mini-run-time. Easy enough to keep an empty 'run-time' folder tree, copy to where-ever needed, populate neatly.

If you only have eg OBJ+MTL and textures in folder, just import via file menu. Don't forget to add a tiny .txt to folder with scaling and other notes...

unrealblue ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2022 at 4:40 AM · edited Wed, 15 June 2022 at 4:40 AM

Sasha-16 is nice if V4 is your thing.  If I do anything with V4, it's really Sasha.

La Femme is nice but devilishly difficult to make conforming clothing for.  Not as easy to sculpt in Blender (for me).

There is also Dawn and an upcoming Dawn 2 (a very experienced dev group on this).  From Hivewire, which is now store-fronted here.  More info on their forums.  A lot more :p

I went the same as you.  Poser for years.  Enjoyed LuxRender and Reality.  Daz stopped supporting Poser.  I tried DS.  Gave up.  It just never clicked with me.  Some time later, I happened to attend a SIGGRAPH and noticed Blender everywhere.   I started learning Blender 2.8 (new GUI) and when I got to character work I really missed a lot of what Poser offered.  Now I shift back and forth between them (depending on what I'm doing). I wrote a Blender plugin to make moving back and forth easier for what I was doing (sculpting).  If you haven't tried it, Blender is currently very slick.  Poser is better at what Poser does, though :)

Figure-wise, this is Dawn with some V4 clothing ported using a combination of Poser auto-rigging and Blender sculpting for fitting.  Dawn is relatively easy to fit with conforming clothing.  No extra morphing or JCMs needed for the clothing to work with Dawn.  The (youthful-stylized) character is also sculpted in Blender and applied in Poser 12 (one button Load Full Body Morph).  If you haven't used Poser in while, there has actually a lot of little things done to fix and/or fill in some of the features.  In any case, Dawn has a nice mesh and Dawn 2 is even better.

kUO5arAzPvDWEeC5VGovINFk7Vdbduk8KBZvOaiW.jpg

e3JyuRCIKoZqcnUSMhqySrT7ez4vO9VAGCobvgIt.jpg

Nothing special here.  Superfly (on an iMac Pro, CPU rendering, about 15 minutes), simple mats, simple lighting.  No JCMs, no fix morphs.  Auto-rigged V4 clothing sculpted to fit in Blender.

I think Poser is viable.  I'm liking where the rendo dev team is going with it.  I'm also liking what the Hivewire team is doing with Dawn 2 (fully cross DS and Poser figure, state of the art, super-experienced figure devs.  Like nothing that's come before).  Poser plays nicely (for my purposes) with Blender.  And I'm thinking this will only improve (things like CyclesX in Poser being actively worked on).

unrealblue ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2022 at 5:11 AM · edited Wed, 15 June 2022 at 5:11 AM

Oh, here's La Femme:

xT2ShxD3kcFtF2hQsxEsyGqs4cMVkwp3o0SlOfUr.png

This is using Blackhearted's HD morphs.  My own character (Blender sculpting, again :)

You can see how well her joints work.  She has a lot of JCM's to do that.  But the result is very nice :)

The clothing is made specifically for her, purchased here from a vendor with way more skill than *me* :D.

This is something I made and it was...  a lesson on what a slippery grip on sanity I had.  OMG those hip JCMs!

4ka7Q45tt0RF45GBYJiN3cxF2eOb0VxOTFwEy4So.jpg

DkSgijeEXpGy00C5w15qHKn6qRQUeEDYsakYYp3q.jpg

This lighting setup is even easier in Poser.  It's just an enviro sphere with a single HDRI source.  Also Superfly.  One click (though the sweet generously free EZDome add-on, which has been updated for P12)

Anyhow, Poser is still alive and kicking!

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2022 at 7:20 AM

Very nice demos, beautiful characters.

scottl ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2022 at 9:52 PM
thoennes posted at 5:11 AM Wed, 15 June 2022 - #4439994

Oh, here's La Femme:

This is using Blackhearted's HD morphs.  My own character (Blender sculpting, again :)

You can see how well her joints work.  She has a lot of JCM's to do that.  But the result is very nice :)

The clothing is made specifically for her, purchased here from a vendor with way more skill than *me* :D.

This is something I made and it was...  a lesson on what a slippery grip on sanity I had.  OMG those hip JCMs!

This lighting setup is even easier in Poser.  It's just an enviro sphere with a single HDRI source.  Also Superfly.  One click (though the sweet generously free EZDome add-on, which has been updated for P12)

La Femme looks really good, the skin on the others is really good as well. Thnk you for posting these.

scottl ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2022 at 9:53 PM
randym77 posted at 12:32 AM Thu, 2 June 2022 - #4439461

There are weightmapped versions of the old figures available. A lot of people use Sasha-16, a weightmapped version of V4, because she has the advantage of weightmapping and can use all the old V4 textures, morphs, and clothing. I like La Femme, but there's not nearly as much stuff for her as there is for V4.

I'm also anxiously waiting for Hivewire to release Dawn 2. She's really a whole different figure from the original Dawn, and it sounds like they learned a lot from the mistakes made on Dawn 1.

Would probably be a shortterm idea for me if life settles down enough to afford the time. Thank you.

scottl ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2022 at 9:56 PM

thoennes posted at 4:40 AM Wed, 15 June 2022 - #4439991

Sasha-16 is nice if V4 is your thing.  If I do anything with V4, it's really Sasha.

La Femme is nice but devilishly difficult to make conforming clothing for.  Not as easy to sculpt in Blender (for me).

There is also Dawn and an upcoming Dawn 2 (a very experienced dev group on this).  From Hivewire, which is now store-fronted here.  More info on their forums.  A lot more :p

I went the same as you.  Poser for years.  Enjoyed LuxRender and Reality.  Daz stopped supporting Poser.  I tried DS.  Gave up.  It just never clicked with me.  Some time later, I happened to attend a SIGGRAPH and noticed Blender everywhere.   I started learning Blender 2.8 (new GUI) and when I got to character work I really missed a lot of what Poser offered.  Now I shift back and forth between them (depending on what I'm doing). I wrote a Blender plugin to make moving back and forth easier for what I was doing (sculpting).  If you haven't tried it, Blender is currently very slick.  Poser is better at what Poser does, though :)

Figure-wise, this is Dawn with some V4 clothing ported using a combination of Poser auto-rigging and Blender sculpting for fitting.  Dawn is relatively easy to fit with conforming clothing.  No extra morphing or JCMs needed for the clothing to work with Dawn.  The (youthful-stylized) character is also sculpted in Blender and applied in Poser 12 (one button Load Full Body Morph).  If you haven't used Poser in while, there has actually a lot of little things done to fix and/or fill in some of the features.  In any case, Dawn has a nice mesh and Dawn 2 is even better.

kUO5arAzPvDWEeC5VGovINFk7Vdbduk8KBZvOaiW.jpg

e3JyuRCIKoZqcnUSMhqySrT7ez4vO9VAGCobvgIt.jpg

Nothing special here.  Superfly (on an iMac Pro, CPU rendering, about 15 minutes), simple mats, simple lighting.  No JCMs, no fix morphs.  Auto-rigged V4 clothing sculpted to fit in Blender.

I think Poser is viable.  I'm liking where the rendo dev team is going with it.  I'm also liking what the Hivewire team is doing with Dawn 2 (fully cross DS and Poser figure, state of the art, super-experienced figure devs.  Like nothing that's come before).  Poser plays nicely (for my purposes) with Blender.  And I'm thinking this will only improve (things like CyclesX in Poser being actively worked on).

Looks good.

I was using Maya for a few years because I got to go halfway through animation school. But life had other ideas. My maya is too old now so have started learning Blender. I've seen so many cool things it can do. And it's free. Unreal I love but it doesnt take long to go beyond me. 

scottl ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2022 at 9:58 PM
scottl posted at 6:56 PM Wed, 1 June 2022 - #2971310

Up until a few years ago i used the heck out of Poser. When daz Studio came along and daz no longer made figures for Poser I was at a loss. I tried DS several times  but never liked it for several reasons. But all the content seemed to be for DS. I didnt see where the Poser was headed. there was some fix to be able to use DS figures etc in Poser but I never could make it work. When I bought a new desktop i didnt think it was worth installing poser. I seriously had alot of content , spent alot of money and it seriously takes a HUGE chunk of time to install. It seemed also that at least for DS and I figured Poser as well there were suddenly all these different figures. With items for them and I had no idea what worked with what. I didnt see the point in buying things that only one for one offshoot of the latest Vicki or whatever. 

Anyway, I was curious how Poser is now? What figures do they use as far as male and female standard most popular. How expensive and can you use older content. sadly, Life has not been kind and at this point there is no ability to buy new things. But, where is Poser at and where headed? maybe one day I can get back in.

Thank you

I'm having trouble responding so I wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded, I really appreciate it. It's good to see Poser doing well and the nice renders it can run. 

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2022 at 2:49 AM · edited Thu, 16 June 2022 at 2:49 AM

thoennes posted at 5:11 AM Wed, 15 June 2022 - #4439994

Oh, here's La Femme:

Oooh my God... Wow: what a splendid character! 😍

and just in case you weren't aware: you may also use Poser's Background node. There are a few solutions, described in the threads around. Here is the setup I'm using:

rtXSDFs2YhqMimQvquBSKQQcYtKI5PyvAeruWIp4.png

the Mapping Node's Rotation is used to turn the background pic (2nd value): 0 = to the right, 1.57 up, 3.16 to the left (yes: these are rad values), and its location (2nd value, too) can  be used to raise or lower your all scene, compared to the background pic: 0, 0.1, 0 = 10% up.
Gamma should be 1.0

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Nas 10TB

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2022 at 8:06 AM · edited Thu, 16 June 2022 at 8:06 AM

More examples of La Femme, Superfly and stuff we can push Poser 12 to do:

a7tciG764Jj8hNhecWWv659clmR7em6BCGZY85cX.pngdm1nOa8aeLxPIlSKlSA7w0xIfcnl5L7ZWzJYL1Vy.png

Character was hand sculpted by me in Blender, her skin made in Substance Painter. Hairstyles and bikini also by me in Blender. That dynamic jumpsuit is a freebie by gordo with materials by Atenais.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2022 at 2:28 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 8:06 AM Thu, 16 June 2022 - #4440036

Character was hand sculpted by me in Blender, her skin made in Substance Painter. Hairstyles and bikini also by me in Blender. That dynamic jumpsuit is a freebie by gordo with materials by Atenais.

Great pictures, as usual 😄

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

scottl ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2022 at 3:50 PM

a7tciG764Jj8hNhecWWv659clmR7em6BCGZY85cX.pngdm1nOa8aeLxPIlSKlSA7w0xIfcnl5L7ZWzJYL1Vy.png

Especially like the face. A few years back I was halfway through animation school. Sculpting figures isn't easy esp the faces. Tbh i've never tried texturing people in Substance though have done many other things. After a hiatus of sorts I need to get back, my passion being environments tho. I just dont have time or patience to learn figures.

Looks really good.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2022 at 7:24 AM · edited Fri, 17 June 2022 at 7:24 AM

Actually, we need more artist that do environments.

scottl ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2022 at 10:05 AM
Liquid_Ice posted at 7:24 AM Fri, 17 June 2022 - #4440055

Actually, we need more artist that do environments.

I need to get back up to speed. But am handling the estate of my father and studying to find work end of year. It's a challenge. But I'm hanging on to 3d. Going to trade in my old maya 2014 for Blender. Hoping to add to the Freebies section before too long.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2022 at 3:35 AM

Liquid_Ice:
One of the best Poser skin shaders I've seen so far. How do they look on different light sets?
Afrodite-Ohki
Face character morph and hair look good on both pictures.
Great pose, nice dynamics and shaders on clothes on the left picture.
@thoennes
Cute toon Character for La Femme.

unrealblue ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2022 at 6:23 AM

scottl posted at 3:50 PM Thu, 16 June 2022 - #4440047

Especially like the face. A few years back I was halfway through animation school. Sculpting figures isn't easy esp the faces. Tbh i've never tried texturing people in Substance though have done many other things. After a hiatus of sorts I need to get back, my passion being environments tho. I just dont have time or patience to learn figures.

Looks really good.

La Femme + everything Ohki makes for her is a winning combo!  La Femme bends so very well, she can be used in dance and gymnastic poses effortlessly.

Poser is very capable of doing some very cool things.  There are figures, add-ons, shaders, morphs hair and clothing.  You can go back and forth between it and Blender without too much trouble.  Superfly is not too far off of cycles so if you know one you know the other.  And it's back to evolving.  In what seems (to me) to be a good direction. :)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2022 at 8:46 AM

Thanks everyone, you are too kind :D

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Letterworks ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2022 at 9:22 AM

Beautiful as always Ohki, a feirce character, and the scaring adds such a suitable look!

Mike

scottl ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2022 at 10:32 AM
thoennes posted at 6:23 AM Sat, 18 June 2022 - #4440083

scottl posted at 3:50 PM Thu, 16 June 2022 - #4440047

Looks really good.

La Femme + everything Ohki makes for her is a winning combo!  La Femme bends so very well, she can be used in dance and gymnastic poses effortlessly.

Poser is very capable of doing some very cool things.  There are figures, add-ons, shaders, morphs hair and clothing.  You can go back and forth between it and Blender without too much trouble.  Superfly is not too far off of cycles so if you know one you know the other.  And it's back to evolving.  In what seems (to me) to be a good direction. :)

So, pretty easy to bring Poserr figures into Blender? how do they look?

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 19 June 2022 at 8:56 AM

scottl posted at 10:32 AM Sat, 18 June 2022 - #4440090

Not with the rigging. I bring the obj into Blender for morphing, then import it in Poser as a morph :) Those renders were made in Poser.

Bringing the static base mesh to morph or to sculpt clothes+hair into Blender is very easy, but it won't pose.

- - - - - - 

unrealblue ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2022 at 7:09 AM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 8:56 AM Sun, 19 June 2022 - #4440114

Not with the rigging. I bring the obj into Blender for morphing, then import it in Poser as a morph :) Those renders were made in Poser.

Bringing the static base mesh to morph or to sculpt clothes+hair into Blender is very easy, but it won't pose.

I do the same as Ohki, OBJ into Blender, which for a non-morphed mesh is as simple as import then export back (keeping vert order on import).  I use an add-on for  poser morphed meshes (which poser exports incorrectly) to change them back to unimesh (in Blender) so I can further sculpt the export such that Poser can use them for morphs.

There are some nice sculpt improvements in the 3.2 version of blender.  Maintaining edges is much easier.

If you're curious as to the level Blender has reached: https://www.chrisj.com.au/ (set faces on stun)

Not nearly so easy to use as Poser, of course :D

scottl ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2022 at 9:50 AM
thoennes posted at 7:09 AM Wed, 22 June 2022 - #4440196
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 8:56 AM Sun, 19 June 2022 - #4440114

I do the same as Ohki, OBJ into Blender, which for a non-morphed mesh is as simple as import then export back (keeping vert order on import).  I use an add-on for  poser morphed meshes (which poser exports incorrectly) to change them back to unimesh (in Blender) so I can further sculpt the export such that Poser can use them for morphs.

There are some nice sculpt improvements in the 3.2 version of blender.  Maintaining edges is much easier.

If you're curious as to the level Blender has reached: https://www.chrisj.com.au/ (set faces on stun)

Not nearly so easy to use as Poser, of course :D

Thank you, will be learning Blender for modelling and animation. My old Maya just creaks too loud. It's going to be a long road i'm sure but then we all must have a path in life. 

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2022 at 10:34 AM
Liquid_Ice posted at 9:15 PM Wed, 1 June 2022 - #4439449

That is not all of course. Poser 12 has also an updated version of superfly. It is now pretty fast with a gpu based video card.

Here you can see what is possible with la femme.

Everything made by me

dnZGLAfFDP5Tzau6qSyfGuPaaORq54EX7mKJXNnc.jpg

Love her.  Any plans when you want to release her?

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2022 at 7:11 PM

No, not really I am updating some stuff in the shader and also want her to be more detailed. I will contact you a bit later :)

scottl ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2022 at 9:24 PM · edited Sun, 26 June 2022 at 9:24 PM

INUhyQklDEIQ1mdIEZn1wduwIAWtwOODpksOpEbW.jpg9gFWYOcf2hrg5LtUx9nWSwmMxhe9Y9fWdAZTnsT3.jpg

Just wanted to chime in with the last few remaining poser renders. The second one I just love the expression. The first, well, just like the way it looks. I do miss messing with poser, Maybe once studies slow down.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2022 at 10:08 PM

Hopefully soon,  we need more artist lol

scottl ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2022 at 11:38 PM

This year is probably spoken for. Studying for a new career, estate sale and sell the house end of year. Hard to focus anyway...

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2022 at 8:10 AM
I spoke to another artist in the field a couple of years ago when we were working on a project, and he aways said that if you wanna sculpt in your free time, just sculp an hour a day.

scottl ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2022 at 9:00 AM
Liquid_Ice posted at 8:10 AM Mon, 27 June 2022 - #4440427
I spoke to another artist in the field a couple of years ago when we were working on a project, and he aways said that if you wanna sculpt in your free time, just sculp an hour a day.
Yes, mine is maybe 15-30 minutes a day lol. That time now is being spent learning my Design software, like XD and Figma. last night I made some animated buttons in Rive. One reason I want to move into Blender, the animations and renders i've seen in it are very nice. I'm mostly a scene kinda guy.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2022 at 10:03 AM

we really really and i cant stress this enough but we really need environment and scene artists. 

scottl ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2022 at 12:51 PM

I remember delighting in using I want to say Danie and Marformo's buildings. One problem I would have is textures. I am not a texture artist. In what I do have time to create I use Substance or megascans (in Unreal). It used to be before the sale, that Substance would let you use their textures if you altered them significantly. I've asked adobe and been ignored. Guess I will sort that out when the time comes. It seemed to me the meshes were rather simple and the detail was in the materials.I had planned on creating some architecture as I learn Blender and posting it as Freebies. Just have to find Blender time.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2022 at 3:54 PM
you can do a lot of those textures in blender too or another 3d paint app. If im not mistaken there are also free apps that work the same way as substance painter.

scottl ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2022 at 4:24 PM
Liquid_Ice posted at 3:54 PM Mon, 27 June 2022 - #4440451
you can do a lot of those textures in blender too or another 3d paint app. If im not mistaken there are also free apps that work the same way as substance painter.
Ive created textures in Substance Designer and learning that will take too much time. Substance has some really sweet textures and I need to check the TOA...Megascans has the best but they can only be used in Unreal afaik. There's Freepbr.com but they dont have many. I could always post meshes w/out textures but I remember how hard it was for me way back when to get good texturing on things.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2022 at 5:53 PM

I have substance but prefer zbrush myself. I think you mean the underlying structures where one would bake spec maps and normal maps from. You can create those yourself. I sculpt them myself with my own created brushes in zbrush. Blender has that option as well.

scottl ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2022 at 6:10 PM
Liquid_Ice posted at 5:53 PM Mon, 27 June 2022 - #4440456

I have substance but prefer zbrush myself. I think you mean the underlying structures where one would bake spec maps and normal maps from. You can create those yourself. I sculpt them myself with my own created brushes in zbrush. Blender has that option as well.

I mean the many textures/materials for use from both companies, all top notch. I would love the time to get into Zbrush again. I would love to learn to create terrain, rocks, trees, well so much to learn. One problem is learning something but then if I dont use it for awhile i forget. Today is mostly a long tutorial in Figma. Some yardwork, at 7:30 two classes open up again and thee goes the night. My life is not my own.

Hydra ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2022 at 7:57 PM
Online Now!

I have been using Poser since I bought Poser 3.0 off the shelf of a best buy in the mid 90's.  Poser 12 seems to be the most unstable version of Poser ever released.  Are there any plans/progress for producing updates that fixes all the problems that cause it to crash constantly?

Also, I have had no luck with getting tight fitting clothing to work with La Femme and the various La Femme character packages available from rosity.  So I am still using V4 for the most part.  Any suggestions on how to get clothing to fit La Femme in Poser 12?  

Hydra

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2022 at 10:06 PM

Hydra, i think you have to use copy morphs and paste them onto the clothing.

P12 is very stable for me. Are the crashes random? Or more specific?

Cascade777 ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2022 at 4:14 AM

Hydra posted at 7:57 PM Sat, 2 July 2022 - #4440667

I have been using Poser since I bought Poser 3.0 off the shelf of a best buy in the mid 90's.  Poser 12 seems to be the most unstable version of Poser ever released.  Are there any plans/progress for producing updates that fixes all the problems that cause it to crash constantly?

Also, I have had no luck with getting tight fitting clothing to work with La Femme and the various La Femme character packages available from rosity.  So I am still using V4 for the most part.  Any suggestions on how to get clothing to fit La Femme in Poser 12?  

There is a tutorial on the Net on how to fit outfits to the model, it should also work for la Femme. It seems that you will need to have the WW , not sure if it is possible using it in P12

Tutorial

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2022 at 6:14 AM

WW is no longer offered because PhilC has retired from the scene.  And even if the software was available you would need a La Femme license.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2022 at 6:15 AM · edited Sun, 03 July 2022 at 6:16 AM

At times, Poser 12 is really unstable: I may use for hours, even without saving, and without a single crash, and all of a sudden it crashes for weird reasons 😁

I'm not a professional user, so that even if it scares the hell out of me at the time, it's part of the fun
I suspect that when it crashes, that's because I reacted too fast, forcing Poser to launch 2 Python scripts at a time (I have an old Core i/ 8700K)

And it's true that we're all waiting for an update: the current version is 7 months old

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.