Sat, Aug 3, 6:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Poser 13 Release

arrow1 ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 3:27 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 12:59 AM

Is it being released this month March? Cheers

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 3:39 PM

according to this article on posersoftware.com it is next Thursday, March 30th.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 7:46 PM

Okay, I read the article that AmbientShade linked to and it leaves me a little concerned. Granted, I don't used animation much, but  according to the article: This means each figure will have its own Walk Designer and Talk Designer libraries, meaning that every time you use either module on a Poser figure, you will get amazing results from start.

That got me wondering, what exactly constitutes a "Poser" figure in this day and age? Will the Walk or Talk Designer work on Hivewire figures? Or DAZ figures? Or Just figures that are included with Poser?

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2023 at 8:46 PM

According to the latest Newsletter the Poser 13 launch is now set for Thursday 30th March.......can't wait.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 12:44 AM

Ugh. I hate the Purchases tab. I hate having to download content that way. It doesn't work well with multiple runtimes.

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 1:16 AM

randym77 posted at 12:44 AM Fri, 24 March 2023 - #4459415

Ugh. I hate the Purchases tab. I hate having to download content that way. It doesn't work well with multiple runtimes.

I tend to agree with you so I still download in the normal manner, the only thing I use the purchase tab for is scripts from Ken1171_Designs which need to be there to work, that said updates for scripts are a lot easier that way.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 3:32 AM

I just hope I can get it to run ...

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 6:22 AM

I'll wait til the "kicking tires " phases are over.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

vopehov506 ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 7:14 AM

Yes, First get the Trial, Check what is new. According to posersoftware the main updates can't be seen by the users

While some of these changes are not really that visible, meaning you don’t see them as a completely new feature in Poser 13, they play a very prominent role under the hood, and that will make it easier for us to implement new features down the line.

So these might come in the years to come to really offer changes. My personal opinion is that I am not planning a Investment into a Update that has updates to make updates that are not jet released and that are not seen. So it is to see what worthful updates will come after this update to be able to update later on.

Till then will sit and wait hoping that the update is not a update to be able to update to Poser 14 :) The Trial will tell !

vopehov506 ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 7:38 AM
EClark1894 posted at 7:46 PM Thu, 23 March 2023 - #4459387

Okay, I read the article that AmbientShade linked to and it leaves me a little concerned. Granted, I don't used animation much, but  according to the article: This means each figure will have its own Walk Designer and Talk Designer libraries, meaning that every time you use either module on a Poser figure, you will get amazing results from start.

That got me wondering, what exactly constitutes a "Poser" figure in this day and age? Will the Walk or Talk Designer work on Hivewire figures? Or DAZ figures? Or Just figures that are included with Poser?

They clearly mentioned " EACH FIGURE " meaning all will have ! Must be a AI Walk Talk Designer. " Hope it works for Mavka " She's Cute bringing her alive be sure cool. According to my CrossDresser 4 there are a minimum of 200 figures that could be worth having such features .... Boy,! not to mention all the Stampede figures, the Horse, the Dragon will soon be able to talk and walk , Yay ! Wonder how the Horse looks like when he talks. This might be a good reason to update.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 8:57 AM · edited Fri, 24 March 2023 at 8:57 AM

Ok, Talking horse might be

Vf8YRuPES41AnyqsTVis2wHkcL7wJDWaX4wzHz0R.gif

Exaggerated

sYD9D7B5GG0MPn3qKBYmKF5rJrgDMjp69qgY4PaS.gif

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 11:28 AM
vopehov506 posted at 8:57 AM Fri, 24 March 2023 - #4459449

Ok, Talking horse might be

Vf8YRuPES41AnyqsTVis2wHkcL7wJDWaX4wzHz0R.gif

Exaggerated

sYD9D7B5GG0MPn3qKBYmKF5rJrgDMjp69qgY4PaS.gif

Well, in their defense, Maximus doesn't speak either xD

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 1:30 PM · edited Fri, 24 March 2023 at 1:33 PM

I Should try selling a high end " Wireless Cable " ! wonder how many would buy it .

k8cWlyWj4780SBph1akbGnuWyYlZUFmJwsll78Cs.gif

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 2:46 PM
Online Now!

Wireless cable?

VAtmXPdyPRoIrofZJRMBKBio4u9Dsb196RjhBRG2.gif

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

arrow1 ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 4:12 PM

Be interesting to see the upgrade cost! If allowed! Cheers

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 9:37 PM
Online Now!

Probably the same as upgrading from P11 to P12.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2023 at 10:04 PM

Sorry, vopehov506, but your wireless cable appears too similar to my own patented WiFi in a Jar™. I must insist that you cease and desist.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2023 at 3:58 PM · edited Sat, 25 March 2023 at 3:59 PM

Quick question: can a walk designer map be created for any figure?

Also, five more days till P 13.

Richard60 ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2023 at 4:18 PM

The base walk designer can be applied to any figure that resembles a normal human bi-ped.  Then you can add in the extra figure dependent additions.  Such as sneak, hip sway etc. but those are more dependent on the figure for which they were made.  Not to say you can't use on another figure it is just that the results may not be as good as with the correct figure.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2023 at 7:42 PM
Forum Moderator

A walk designer can be created for any biped. You need a basic walk and as many blend styles are you want to create. I'll do at least a white paper on creating walk designers and probably an actual tutorial. There are several pieces that need to be in the right place for it to work.

The big change for P13 is that each supported figure is kept separate from all the rest of the figures. That was holding back the variety of figures we could support. Mostly because all the figures had to use the same basic walk. Now every supported figure gets own base walk and blends.

Does this mean non-bipedal figures an work. Probably. I haven't had time to actually try but it seems like it would work.

And Talking horses. Well any figure that has the needed speech morphs can have a viseme map created and used in talk designer. So if somebody makes speech morphs for a horse then we can make a horse talk.

tim ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2023 at 9:50 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Poser 13 Early Access Windows release still on track for Thursday, March 30th.  Early benchmarks showing GPU render times just under half that of Poser 12 for modest hardware specs.

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2023 at 9:54 AM
tim posted at 9:50 AM Mon, 27 March 2023 - #4459680

Poser 13 Early Access Windows release still on track for Thursday, March 30th.  Early benchmarks showing GPU render times just under half that of Poser 12 for modest hardware specs.

That is good news on both fronts.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2023 at 10:20 AM · edited Mon, 27 March 2023 at 10:20 AM
Online Now!

tim posted at 9:50 AM Mon, 27 March 2023 - #4459680

Wow.... Awesome 

DMJlcmjgHAXYIYJDGEzqZPCWRrfgjtmoWjpCioOf.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2023 at 10:25 AM

That sounds great. Can hardware specs for 'modest' be shared by chance?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2023 at 6:16 PM
nerd posted at 7:42 PM Sun, 26 March 2023 - #4459658

A walk designer can be created for any biped. You need a basic walk and as many blend styles are you want to create. I'll do at least a white paper on creating walk designers and probably an actual tutorial. There are several pieces that need to be in the right place for it to work.

The big change for P13 is that each supported figure is kept separate from all the rest of the figures. That was holding back the variety of figures we could support. Mostly because all the figures had to use the same basic walk. Now every supported figure gets own base walk and blends.

I certainly hope you'll do the tutorial Nerd.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2023 at 9:40 PM

Does this mean non-bipedal figures an work. Probably. I haven't had time to actually try but it seems like it would work.

Does this mean that Poser figures no longer require a default T-pose to work correctly?

Way back in P9/2012 one of the devs said that the T-pose was required in order to work properly with walk designer, and that was essentially the only reason Poser figures were still built that way (since 99% of all other apps abandoned the T-pose for a more natural A-pose long ago).

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 6:33 AM
AmbientShade posted at 9:40 PM Mon, 27 March 2023 - #4459741

Does this mean that Poser figures no longer require a default T-pose to work correctly?

Way back in P9/2012 one of the devs said that the T-pose was required in order to work properly with walk designer, and that was essentially the only reason Poser figures were still built that way (since 99% of all other apps abandoned the T-pose for a more natural A-pose long ago).

You know that argument never made any sense to me anyway. Only the object file had to be in a T pose and that was for the way the clothes draped. But you don't use the object file in the Walk Designer.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 2:59 PM

To be honest ( Jokes aside ) my personal opinion would of been pushing poser a little into a direction where the market is growing, rather then separating it self even more. Would be a real nightmare if truespace starts to get more popular then poser again ( Don't you think )  I mean, these announced updates will sure not bring back creators, in contrary, they keep on leaving Poser. It is sure to appreciate what the team is willing to do for poser but if I read that artists like DreamlandModels are preparing to leave Poser support there is something going terribly wrong.

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2930350/movie-setscity-block-set-products-to-be-reworked-for-daz

I am not a great fan of Daz Studio and would prefer to see Poser grow again a little, also for my own sake!  The way all is leading now seems to be hopeless and often I think my self if I should start modeling for DS rather then for Poser. 

Renderosity is making the most profit on selling Products and the way it looks DS is the major income, I have no Idea if Renderosity could survive with just Poser, I sure doubt it. Would this new owner of poser concentrate a little more on the real marketing interests then it might have a chance to get popular again. Lets say that it might be after some little thoughts considering a cross-compatibility with DS, This might prevent loosing the last Creators, Removing this tracking call home activation system, as we know SM lost already allot of poser enthusiasts just due this system in the past, one should be able to learn about mistakes others have done and not making them worse. 

Poser creations are not shared on pirate sites anymore, probably most other poser creators experience the same atm, sure is a positive aspect, but considering that there are no sales how could this happen anyway, so there is no interest anymore along the whole road. 

I am not sure how you feel if you are a creator for Poser, personally I feel really bad about it and loosing all motivation that is left the way it is going right now. I hope that Poser Software will not only realize the issue when it will be to late, if it is not already. The few in here are sure not going to be the reason for Poser to survive in this market and Renderosity is probably one of the last marketplaces who offers new Poser models others took down there section or closed there sites, some still alive but stopped productions.

I believe that just little things would bring up poser back to live but sure not the way it is done atm. I feel sorry that I can't afford my self investing into these poser releases, not the way it is going atm.  Many friends I made in 3D that started with Poser left meanwhile either to DS, Blender, some even just quit. Most of them probably think that I am stuck in Poser not willing to invest my creativity into something more popular ( There probably right ) Might be a little lazy trying something else, or just tired. 

I just wonder, How great can poser become without enthusiastic creators. Mimic already was releases over a decade ago and these talking models were not the reason for popularity.

Sorry if I give the Impression to rant, It just made me feel really bad after reading the Dreamland model thread !   

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 3:51 PM

vopehov506 posted at 2:59 PM Tue, 28 March 2023 - #4459807

Sorry if I give the Impression to rant, It just made me feel really bad after reading the Dreamland model thread !   

Just for perspective, that thread is over 4 years old (January 2019). Poser has had 2 version updates since then, 12 and now 13.

Poser will always be a smaller market than DS purely because DS and its base models are free.

I have said in the past that Poser should bring back Debut and offer it for free. That way people are not saddled with an entry fee just to be able to pose and render the content they purchase. That would give it a much more competitive advantage to other apps like Blender and DS that have a much broader audience at zero upfront cost. There can be other features that are restricted to the premium version if you want to go that route but since most users do not seem interested in the content creation tools why should they be forced to pay for them? Give them a free stage to play with the content they buy and make the premium version more robust for content creators to build and market their content to their audience. Rosity is after all a content broker first. If they don't like the idea of just giving away Debut, then they could include it as a perk of the Prime membership.

Just my opinions.

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 4:34 PM
Y-Phil posted at 2:46 PM Fri, 24 March 2023 - #4459479

Wireless cable?

VAtmXPdyPRoIrofZJRMBKBio4u9Dsb196RjhBRG2.gif

Sounds a lot like Carrot Top's Phoneless cord Joke

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

vopehov506 ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 5:09 PM · edited Tue, 28 March 2023 at 5:09 PM

AmbientShade posted at 3:51 PM Tue, 28 March 2023 - #4459809

Just for perspective, that thread is over 4 years old (January 2019). 
Should check the Thread date before getting exited

CeWfLcSDjrZpL4eoLaa3Hjqd5hhhRPXV4aBFG5Ux.gif

Guess I'll take a break and see what will happen ....

WNtzW1waIeJoH1ypchMjKuE4CFQQYctCVTKIQNwu.gif

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 5:10 PM
Online Now!
AmbientShade posted at 3:51 PM Tue, 28 March 2023 - #4459809

Just for perspective, that thread is over 4 years old (January 2019). Poser has had 2 version updates since then, 12 and now 13.

Poser will always be a smaller market than DS purely because DS and its base models are free.

I have said in the past that Poser should bring back Debut and offer it for free. That way people are not saddled with an entry fee just to be able to pose and render the content they purchase. That would give it a much more competitive advantage to other apps like Blender and DS that have a much broader audience at zero upfront cost. There can be other features that are restricted to the premium version if you want to go that route but since most users do not seem interested in the content creation tools why should they be forced to pay for them? Give them a free stage to play with the content they buy and make the premium version more robust for content creators to build and market their content to their audience. Rosity is after all a content broker first. If they don't like the idea of just giving away Debut, then they could include it as a perk of the Prime membership.

Just my opinions.

Poser Debut has been offered for free once before, but, to be perfectly honest, that interface needs to be totally revamped to draw the attention of new users.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 6:58 PM

Honestly, the idea of Poser Debut, in and of itself, made no sense to me either. If I recall, Debut was somewhat crippled, and to do anything meaniful you had to buy a full version anyway.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 7:48 PM

I don't recall it ever being free. Lowest I can remember was around $25 to $50.

Clearly it would be a stripped down version of the full current Poser, (which is what debut started out as), with the same UI consisting primarily of a pose room, library and render engine for users to use the content they purchase.

Anyway, like I said it's just my opinion.

Hard to compete when the competition is free.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 9:15 PM
AmbientShade posted at 7:48 PM Tue, 28 March 2023 - #4459830

I don't recall it ever being free. Lowest I can remember was around $25 to $50.

Clearly it would be a stripped down version of the full current Poser, (which is what debut started out as), with the same UI consisting primarily of a pose room, library and render engine for users to use the content they purchase.

Anyway, like I said it's just my opinion.

Hard to compete when the competition is free.

Granted, and you'll get no argument from me, but Debut would still seem to be something of a waste of time as you would still have to pay SOMETHING and get a crippled version, while DS is free. At this point I still maintain that Poser's  salvation lies in putting out a better product and Renderosity pushing it's own figures and props AS HARD AS or at least EQUAL to DAZ's own products.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 8:12 AM
Site Admin

I know I had Debut for a while and I would have never paid for it since I had the full version. But I can't remember if it was free or a demo. Something in the back of my mind says that it was paid for a time but then was made free. I could be wrong though.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 8:19 AM
Online Now!

It was free for a time.  That's how I obtained a copy.

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 9:56 AM

I have been using Poser for 20 plus years with almost all the updates along the way and that includes Game Dev.  Each new update will appeal, or not, dependant on what is new and how each artist uses it.  Big changes for me have been the introduction of Sub Surface Scattering and Superfly while Poser 12 allowed me to use my CPU to render and cut render times but equally gave me the opportunity to create more complex scenes.  If Poser 13 further increases render speeds I can again increase the complexity of the scenes.

In the old days I used to have to run Poser overnight even for a relatively basic render, these days I can render fairly complex scenes in Superfly in 30 minutes.  With progress like that I am not about to complain about Poser or miss the possibility to upgrade to Poser 13 at the earliest opportunity.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 5:49 PM · edited Wed, 29 March 2023 at 5:49 PM

Am I the only one that is missing the Action here, The excitement, No euphoria ? Where is that 

VRIBWWbEqc2UT58LAnpzwBVVChbUKplSwZh9FF1q.gif

or are we just getting to old for it

snLaaRjCMa4wPaTQLPM45iQK1MZ2zCLflbx65fg3.gif

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 6:34 PM

vopehov506 posted at 5:49 PM Wed, 29 March 2023 - #4459895

Am I the only one that is missing the Action here, The excitement, No euphoria ? Where is that 

or are we just getting to old for it

They haven't exactly been very vocal about its release.

I've yet to see it mentioned in any of the email marketing they send out multiple times a day.

Granted I don't look at all of them but I do at least glance through most of them, and it's mostly just adverts for new genesis content.

You have to go to the posersoftware site to get any actual info on Poser 13.

I've never seen a software update with this little marketing before.

It's almost as if they don't want anyone to notice.

jimros ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 6:58 PM

For me excitement is generated by new content expectation,

Hopefully P13 will include something to get exited about,and which Renderosity

will support.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 8:32 PM

As long as we're skipping down memory lane, I remember when DAZ actually gave away a few of their figures, like Aiko, in a magazine, like Computer 3D. I don't know if Computer 3D even exists anymore, but the idea is still sound. You don't want to give Poser away for free, fine, make the figures free instead. But you have to promote the heck out of it.

Richard60 ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 9:11 PM

As I see it given the small teams doing the remodel on the Renderoisty Web Site and building the new version of Poser they are working on making the overall experience a lot better.  Once the foundation is in place then would be the time to advertise.  Just the redesign of the website has made it a lot nicer to visit.  I no longer have to wait 10-15 seconds to see the previews of products.  And given the improvements in Poser that should also make it lot nicer to use.  I am sure there are a lot of people who are just going to complain no matter what, but there is nothing you can do about that.  I know I am finding it hard to wait for Poser 13 to launch.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

hornet3d ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 11:42 PM
Richard60 posted at 9:11 PM Wed, 29 March 2023 - #4459912

As I see it given the small teams doing the remodel on the Renderoisty Web Site and building the new version of Poser they are working on making the overall experience a lot better.  Once the foundation is in place then would be the time to advertise.  Just the redesign of the website has made it a lot nicer to visit.  I no longer have to wait 10-15 seconds to see the previews of products.  And given the improvements in Poser that should also make it lot nicer to use.  I am sure there are a lot of people who are just going to complain no matter what, but there is nothing you can do about that.  I know I am finding it hard to wait for Poser 13 to launch.

A new update is always a two edged sword for me as I am always excited about getting my hands on the new software but worried about getting it downloaded and installed.  Hopefully, as Rendo are well equipped for supplying the vast amounts of data required for a marketplace, and the fact that the Poser 13 install is meant to be a lot cleaner, download and installation should not be an issue.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 4:06 AM

If so, they might come up with a big " Surprise "

YJ6jS6QlP5gd44otT9lUIQ7Mbf0FutL8gJcA2nZp.gif

Getting you all exited making a good investment

QnpjBJGSZPrdWyx5Y0Es425PS1K2sD0CDngFLTMj.gif

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 4:10 AM
Online Now!
vopehov506 posted at 4:06 AM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4459931

If so, they might come up with a big " Surprise "

Getting you all exited making a good investment

Look behind on the right... There's a blonde, probably of daz, insisting on saying "No way!" yzM6IJLiVsAoms9ORInspJrYkvxQfbvhtFTftGjs.gif

PhYl.

yarp ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 4:15 AM

Today is the day. I am eager to see the rendering with the new lightning.

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

wfbp1w ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 9:21 AM · edited Thu, 30 March 2023 at 9:24 AM

it's in the store !

and the Forum is online too :)

emjay247 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 9:26 AM
EClark1894 posted at 8:32 PM Wed, 29 March 2023 - #4459908

As long as we're skipping down memory lane, I remember when DAZ actually gave away a few of their figures, like Aiko, in a magazine, like Computer 3D. I don't know if Computer 3D even exists anymore, but the idea is still sound. You don't want to give Poser away for free, fine, make the figures free instead. But you have to promote the heck out of it.

Or rebrand Poser 11 as Poser Debut and then use it to market the Poser eco-system and Renderosity store?

dvnmedia ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 10:19 AM

I can't believe there's no upgrade path from Poser 11 other than full price. Like many the jump from 11 to 12 wasn't that spectacular so I held out for 13 only to find I'd have to pay full price at a time when many people are struggling financially, I think this is not a good move. I better get Daz Studio back out and start to learn it again.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 10:25 AM · edited Thu, 30 March 2023 at 10:27 AM

Just like they said ( Files are getting smaller ) No wonder if Poser 11 - 13 share all the same content, saves you allot of redownloading of assets. I am not sure but it seems that the content of Poser 13 is exactly the same as the one from Poser 12. The read me file is also telling the same ... P13 download area have the same downloads as P12 

https://live.cdn.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/159005/ReadMe_1da2deb344e62bfca0d4160fc705e0a2.txt

Wonder where that new announced startup doll ended up ! searched everywhere but could not find any new Info

Pjbf7wJX2Ejqa9dH59BnmRImu9kuaI26YyEUePWs.gif

So better wait before running that Trial until they make it final, not to get a timeout before the good stuff gets built in. ( Still talking about LaFemme )

It also seems that all the Included content can only be accessed through the Poser interface. unless like mentioned it is still the same as in P12

EI1Qzo1lgpx6bXWnmNDu2Du6Skq0yJedMWGQeHNj.gif 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.