Sun, Sep 22, 2:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: What is your idea of "sexy?!"

ronknights ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 10:58 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:40 AM

I've been wondering about this for a long time. It seems some of us have an idea what we think is sexy, or what others might thing is sexy. I bet some of us are wrong sometimes. I bet a man might create a picture he thinks is sexy while a woman disagrees.. Or the other way around? Is a naked woman with large breasts sexy to you? Do you think women with large breasts are not natural? Do you prefer to "leave a little to the imagination?" Is a handsome man with long hair, or short hair sexy? Do you like your men hairless or hairy?! (How about your women?!) I'm more interested in your own idea of what is sexy. Don't even worry about answering my questions necessarily. It would be great if we could post some pictures to illustrate our ideas. What do you think? Ron

Butch ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 11:08 PM

Great legs, beautiful eyes, and a sharp mind. That's what makes a woman sexy to me. Nude or not. I can picture in my mind an old girlfriend. One of the sexist memories of her is in a wool business suit with a slit skirt that came up about half way of her thigh, White silk turtle neck and a matching jacket that with the skirt. She had black leather boots. (it was winter) But what made it special was the look in her eyes, and how her legs looked with those boots. Another girlfriend in tight jean, tennis shoes, and a tshirt. I could go on all night, but it all comes down to legs, eyes, and a brain. Not necessary in that order, but the componants all have to be there. Butch

senjin ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 11:18 PM

You are askinga hard question with this one bud. i mean butch has a point. Those are his likes, but some of the guy won't say thats what they want. I agree she has to have all that but i want the right bottom to go with the legs, the hair should touch her waist. Small to mid chest. But Not all guys like that or women for that matter. So watch the different answers you get and see the "Paradox."

ronknights ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2002 at 11:31 PM

Oh, but you see, this is an easy question to answer if you see it this way: "What is YOUR idea of sexy?!" Now let me state my own opinion briefly. For me a sexy woman is an entire package. That includes everything from the hair to the toes. That includes the soul, the spirit, the smile, the twinkle in the eyes. My wife is the sexiest woman I know. Dodi just turned 50 this year. Now don't let my words deter you. Tell me what YOU think is sexy. Ron

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 12:13 AM

MEN:

My husband is sexy. ;o) I don't like "pretty" boys. As a matter of fact...I find them rather distasteful. LOL! Men should have scars and flaws and asymmetrical faces and be MANLY. Not take up more time in a mirror than I do cause he is worried about whether his skin is moisturized. ;o)

My hubbie isn't too tall. Just short enough for kissing comfortably and just tall enough so I can look up and feel safe with him.

He has short cropped hair, but it was down to his mid back when we met. I can go either way. LOL!

He has hair on his body. I love it! It's sexy as hell! He's got a hairy chest and the hair goes all the way down! Wooohoo! I love running my fingers thru it.

He has great muscle definition but not so much that it is hideous. Sorry...the beefy muscles with the ugly veins popping out just grosses me out. The only major muscle definition I do like is the small, wiry types like the Great Bruce.

Gotta have manly hands. Rough and callused from hard work...none of that silky, manicured crap. My hubbie has done his share of hard labor...he's got the hands. Sometimes I think he roughs them up on purpose just to please me now that he works at a desk. ;o)

Pretty eyes...but the kind you don't notice unless you are right on him...because his eyes are slightly squinty from years of exposure to the sun. He's got those too.

Intelligent...but the kind of intelligence that doesn't cause him to act like an ass. And common sense is a must. If he can't just bust out a simple little answer to a over-complicated question every once and awhile...he ain't seen enough of the world yet. My hubbie has that too.

Adaptable. A man has to be able to be any man I want him to be when I am in the mood for a certain kind of man. My hubbie is a veteran role player. Yep...that's a must. My hubbie excels at that. ;o)

And sorry if this bursts any bubbles...or isn't considered PC enough...but he has gotta be hung. Sorry...he does. That's just how it is. ROFLMAO! Actually...he has gotta be more then hung...he's gotta know what to do with it. And ahem my hubbie....(I'll just leave that to your imagination.)

WOMEN:

I don't break down women like I do men. I think most women have the capacity to be sexy whenever the hell they want. It's genetic with us. ;o)

And yes...women with large breasts are sexy. They ain't unnatural. I have large breasts. And they are all real. They may not stay in one spot in all positions like the fakes...but they suffice. ;o) Small breasts are sexy too. Does it matter? A breast is a breast is a breast is a breast.

And before anyone goes thinking I am old-fashioned about men...well...I will just say...I'm the one with the scars on my knuckles. Not my husband. He's a sweetheart. ;o)

Buddha32 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 12:50 AM

It really is hard to pin down what is sexy. It can be so many things and take so many forms. I think heavy woman are sexy. I love the many curves that a voluptuous BBW type lady has. But small women are sexy too (I've been with both but being a big guy myself - not named 'Buddha' for nothing - I'll take a big gal over a small one any day... I am always afraid I'll break the small ones), big breasts, small breasts, medium breasts...doesn't matter. "Exotic" women are very sexy. And ethnic women are sexy to me. Asian ladies, black ladies, hispanic ladies...all very sexy. As far as what makes men sexy... I really have no idea. I am a straight man and can honestly say that I don't find too many men sexy... but there are a few. Antonio Banderas is a sexy man. In fact I think that Desperado is one of the sexiest movies of all time, simply due to the pairing of Banderas and Salma Hyak. Tom Berenger is a sexy man too. Something about the eyes, I think. I think situations can make someone sexy. Especially the way that the male mind works. I saw a woman on a bus one time. She dropped her little paper transfer and had to squat down to get it. She was average looking, not especially attractive or unattractive...but when she did it her skirt rose just enough, giving me just enough hint of milky thigh that I was instantly aroused. I still remember it vividly...and it happened about 20 years ago. I don't think I would have noticed her otherwise, but then this thing happened and now I will remember her forever. I also find creative womwn very sexy (and dopesn't this site have a host of sexy women!) If they have a good sense of humor I usually think they're sexy too. And if they're smart. Jeanine Garafolo is a good example. She's no knockout ifg you take her just for her looks...but that wit and cynicism! I would have married her if I could. For the record, I have been married twice and am currently engaged. All three ladies have been very sexy in my opinion. And shanpoo, who is one of the sexy creative ladies here and my fiancee, is by far the sexiest.

Kelderek ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 1:40 AM

Sexiness in a woman comes from the inside. Unfortunately that is something that Poser can't recreate yet, but who knows what they will come up with in release 5? ;-)

EdW ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 2:25 AM

My idea of sexy.... Well, coming from a snaggle toothed, overworked, underpaid typically unattractive middle aged male, I'd have to say it's anybody of the female gender that pays attention to me for more than 2 minutes :) In reality, sexy to me is the whole package, especially the eyes....they tend to show you everything. Then being your typical male, I start looking down!! This is a great topic... Ron has been on a quite a roll lately! Ed

eirian ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 3:38 AM

What's sexy to me in real life is a long way from what's sexy in terms of art. At least, it is for me. In art, I like eye candy. Shallow, but true. In real life, I'm far more likely to find that a major turn off. What do I find sexy in art? Women: striking eyes, high cheekbones, slim figure with body parts in proportion (I don't mind oversized breasts as long as the rest of the body looks realistic. VV doesn't.) Men: cheekbones, again, full lips, dark eyes, no beard or moustache, long hair s, muscular body but not overly so (athlete rather than body builder). Eye candy s As to what I find sexy in RL...well, when I know you in RL, you can ask me :-)

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 4:26 AM

I'm going for the eyecandy definition here :) Men: Definately don't like a lot of body hair. Prefer small acrobatic or swimmer build types - not those big beefy Mike2 dudes. Age, ethnicity don't matter as much. Although I tend not to like blonde haired caucasians as much. Too bland :) Women: Curves! most poserbabes are too freakin thin - I like a nice solid lady with pretty curvy shapes. Not too heavy - but not a stick either. As far as chest prefer something middle of the range - not humungous, not teeny. Love that tip tilted up thing some asian women have. :) Again age, race not a factor - but still no blonde caucasians (reminds me of my sister - eeew!) both: long hair - the longer the better. Pierced ears and nipples nice. Love the goth look, and glam look on men. prefer semiclothed images to full nudes - the tease is always good. Women in bathing suits (any woman) just leave me cold. Bleah. Too many years retouching model's photos I think. (oh the perils of being a photoshop artist). I tend to like 'bad' to 'good' i.e. prefer vampires to heroes. The sexiest woman I ever saw: Miss Universe, of about 5 years ago? had been Miss Bombay - I only saw her on TV for about 15 seconds - but WOW! amazingly beautiful. The sexiest man I ever saw: James Marsters who plays the vampire Spike on the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Oh and just for all you nosy parkers out there - I am female and bisexual - and single, but no thanks, I'm not looking.) Lyrra

Mercy ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 8:10 AM

Sexy men: Mel Gibson, Sean Connery, Bruce Campbell, Bruce Lee. I like small men, wirey but not super bulky (no Arnolds).... for me its all in the arms and shoulders... if they've got strength in their arms it means they can hold me tight and keep me safe. Not super tall, not super hairy and I prefer short hair to long hair on a guy. A great smile, one that reaches their eyes rather than just being stuck on their face. Oh and yeah, I agree with Buddah32, Antonio Banderas is sexy too. Women: NOT Angelina Jolie... I dunno what it is but I do not find her even remotely sexy in the least. A woman needs to be aware of her sexuality but not flaunt it in order to be sexy, IMO. No toothpicks, I like women with some meat to them... curves like Lyrra said... they have to have some shape to them rather than be walking sticks. Breast size... they have to have breasts, but not those huge immoveable types.... but not 'boy/child' chests either... I'd say a B cup at the very least... if the breasts are large, they should be natural and sit naturally. Famous women I find sexy... Lita from the WWF... Sandra Bullock... Rose McGowan... Lita Ford... Lita Ford is way sexy and so is Cher and Lee Aaron... Sinead O'Connor is sexy too... it's her eyes... Basically people with character, and in art I prefer things being left to the immagination... some clothing is better than total nudes, either that or hiding stuff in shadows so that you only get hints of what's there.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 9:10 AM

I think it's pretty universal: Attitude. Obviously a 300-lb woman or a no-chested boyish waif of a model aren't going to cut it on attitude alone. OTOH, you'd be amazed at how much a woman's attitude affects how sexy they are... As for guys? I dunno... I never bothered to look into what makes a guy "sexy", but I suspect that the same thing pretty much applies. /P

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 11:13 AM

Ron, EVERYONE agrees that a scantly-clad warrior woman (big breasted or small, but of legal age;-) posing with a Big Tough Dragon and weapons is the sexyest thing on earth...nuff said!

praxis22 ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 12:58 PM

In a female? "brains and balls" whiplash smile, buzz cut, you can soft focus all you like, but I'll still take a woman who can argue me under the table, to a merely beautiful, scantily clad, ad nauseum, type. On a totally different tack, whay are we discussing this in the poser forum? later jb

Barbarellany ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 1:01 PM

Voice is a big thing. There have been a few men in my life that melted me with their voice. Deep and well modulated. I don't care how handsome a man is, if he has a bad voice, forget it. Eyes and how they connect when they are talking to you and yes, the smile has to reach the eyes. I also find men with high cheekbones ans well defined faces sexy. Arms and upper chest lightly muscled, not too much hair. Hmmm... Antonio yes, Spike oh yes, but Giles on Buffy could turn my head at times as well and both Clark and Lex on Smallville. (I have teenaged girls at home. This is what is on at our house,) Women, alot of the same. Voice ,eyes, smile and a soft rounding for the body, angles on the face. I don't get the Angelina thing either. She has a very odd body, skinny legs, large chest and the leg: body proportion is off. The dark hair looks bad, she looks better as a blonde. Kate Winslet is sexy as was Madonna before she got so toned. Also Alissa Milano from Charmed.

rasputina ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 1:19 PM

Hmm, sexy is very subjective and goes from extremes, at least from my opinions, I like guys with full sleeves, quarter sleeves, backpieces ;) and piercings, and also have a liking of ones who do not, for examples of some gents I find sexy..Paul Heyman; Todd McFarlane,Frederick Douglass; The Hardy Boys (yes wrestlers, to me Matt Hardy is perfect); I like big guys, hefty guys, scrawny guys, goth, regular (whatever that is classed as); just someone who is sweet, humorous and has really nice eyelashes. :) As a girl I love all the different looks anyone is interesting and can be perceived as beautiful. Fun to examine all the styles of especially curvy girls, uber skinny, bigger ladies, goth, glam, 30s and 40s styled,tattooed, pierced. People are great, sort of scared of fake breasts that are beyond the call of duty-by that I mean destined for adult film-esque implants. :)

geoegress ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 1:50 PM

for woman- For me its attitude. If they feel sexy and are not afraid to show it. When a woman wants me as much as I want her!!! Now thats sexy. There is an eyecandy component though- I am deffenatly NOT attracted to fat woman. I like em to have enought meat on there bones to not see her ribs (yuk). Properly proportioned, breast not so big as to her cause back problems. Not so small as to wonder if your robbing the craddle. Also not so tall that I have to stand on the steps to kiss her. Allthough thats not a deal buster. Basicly smarter then me, less harry them me and thiner then me-All very liberial standards........If you've ever seen me you'd know :) Natural beauty isn't a must but enought pride to cleanup. There's an old saying that really pisses off some woman, but it's true. I want her to be a LADY in the living room, a chef in the kitchen and a whore in the bed room. In other words class, pride and wants ME.

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 1:57 PM

Hey where are the renders? :-)

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 2:49 PM

file_266467.jpg

OK tell me is this version of Mike sexy?!

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 2:52 PM

file_266470.jpg

Are either of these men sexy?

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 2:53 PM

file_266472.jpg

Anyone in this picture sexy?

ronknights ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 2:55 PM

file_266475.jpg

How about this picture?

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 3:47 PM

Boy, you like walking through mine fields, doncha... Well, even though Im gay, I can find some women pretty sexy, but then I see people "sexy" in the same way I see them as "smart" or "blond" or "Lutheran": sexy is just a quality. Granted, a fun one =), but still, just a quality. A sexy guy to me (first things first, folks) is one of two things. Either he's a blue-collar Italian with a great jawline and a moustache (and really great forearms, which, to me, are the dead giveaway for a good bod), or he's one of those extras in the background of any half-decent Viking film: blond, bearded, furry, with, natch, really great forearms as well. =) Heightwise, not too tall, not too short, just tall enough that youre eye to eye when you punch his lights out as foreplay. Women? Well, give me one who looks sharp and stylish. Not a thin little refugee from a modelling runway or a big-breasted boobie from a strip club, but someone with class and attitude and great hair. JLo comes immediately to mind -- damn, in The Cell she made me seriously want to consider becoming a lesbian.

saxon ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 4:18 PM

What a fascinating thread, and useful too. It's interesting to see that Spike has got a few votes from the ladies. Personally, one of the sexiest things I heard recently was the female section of a choir speaking a piece from the Messiah. Just try building a fetish out of that....

wolfetrap ( ) posted Fri, 01 February 2002 at 6:14 PM

Hey Ron are you writing a book or something?

Ok, sexy. There are a lot of variables that, combined, make a woman sexy to me. A nice curvaceous figure is a good start. No stick figures please. Breast size is a factor, and huge artificial boobs are a definite turn off. The mind is the make or break factor. I once dated a girl who was quite sexy
LOOKING but, I called it quits because we couldn't hold down a good conversation. Voice is also something I find sexy. A woman with a soft Scottish accent is a wonderful thing. There is more but it's hard to put into words.

As an example: Cathrine Zeta Jones and Mariel Hemingway are two very sexy women. But that's just my opinion.

Gazukull ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 1:11 AM

Ron you got serious cross talk going with your diagrams, Massive Mike has lost his Massive, same with VV. I was going to say what I think is seksi, but then I realized that I am in fact INSANE! I will say this tho, somehow, some way, I think that powerful and famous women are seksi. - Gazzy

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 6:55 AM

Gazukull, so the cross talk problem is that bad? Gosh I must be going blind to have missed it. I came up with this thread because I'd been reading many forum messages, and responses to Art Gallery submissions. I thought that maybe some of us think we know what others will find sexy, but we are mistaken. We might post a picture in our gallery, thinking someone will find it sexy. Then a viewer thinks the picture is un-natural, tasteless, etc. I'm hoping to better understand this issue so that I might reflect that knowledge in my own artwork. Perhaps others would benefit from this thread as well? I've heard the men and women have different views of what is sexy?! Is this true? Ron

Gazukull ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 10:30 AM

Ron I am sending you an IM about cross talk, together WE can defeat it. - Gazzy!

Gazukull ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 10:36 AM

One more thing, I kinda like the idea of what Ron was suggesting, if people post pictures of what they think is seksi. R-Rated of course. - Gazzy

ronknights ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2002 at 12:22 PM

Gazzy, thanks for the offer (I responded to the IM). The idea of this thread for me was simple. I was curious as to what my friends here thought was sexy. You can often tell by the remarks posted in the gallery that there are differences in opinions on that subject. I often post a picture that I think is sexy, and don't really think if someone else would agree. I was rather hoping that people might post examples. However, your words are very valuable. You should feel free to express your feelings and thoughts in a way that is comfortable. I really appreciate your responses. If I were smart, I'd take notes, and incorporate those opinions and feelings into my future works! Ron

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.