Sat, Sep 21, 1:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Any word on the updated SDK file for transposer 2 yet?

3rdimension ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 12:28 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:53 AM

Any word on the updated SDK file for transposer 2 yet? Any body hear back from Eovia or E-fronteir yet if they created an updated SDK File for Transposer 2? why the hell is it taking so Damn Long? It is really frustrating when transposer won't recognize or work well with poser 6. also it sucks that transposer two won't recognize morphed models very well either. only thing would be to keep animating in poser which is one thing I really didn't want to have to be stuck with. It is pointless to have transposer if it won't work properly with poser 6.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 1:20 AM

Last I heard, Eovia was waiting for the Poser 6 SDK so they could patch TransPoser 2 to import P6 files. I'm guessing it's been out for awhile because my Vue 5 Infinite could import P6 files after installing e-onsoftware's patch for it.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

3rdimension ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 10:16 AM

Shonner said: I'm guessing it's been out for awhile because my Vue 5 Infinite could import P6 files after installing e-onsoftware's patch for it. So does this mean If I was to go download the latest sdk from eovia everything would work how it is supposed to in transposer 1 or 2? If so where did you get your source of information from because I want to make sure what you are saying is true before I go download it and find out transposer still won't work and before I start calling their tech support line again asking them why it hasn't been fixed yet?

InfoCentral ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 10:46 AM

According to the latest edition of 3D World magazine it still crashes when importing Poser 6 files. 3D World reviewed Carrara 4 with TransPoser 2 and called it "too little, too late."

steama ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 11:15 AM

No one even knows if e frontier will ever release or deliver the Poser 6 SDK to Eovia for upgrading Transposer 2. It's sure isn't Curious Labs anymore. To me it seems that Eovia is not on the list to EVER get the Poser 6 SDK just like many others.

InfoCentral ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 1:34 PM ยท edited Sun, 10 July 2005 at 1:37 PM

Yep, I'm sure E-Frontier would much rather everyone go through the Shade-PoserFusion pipeline for seemless integration with their other product...Poser 6.

OTOH, Reiss Studios has been working well in putting out plug-ins for the higher end apps. I know that BodyStudio for Cinema 4D works pretty well with Poser 6 but it is still in beta version, but downloadable for registered customers.

Message edited on: 07/10/2005 13:37

3rdimension ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 4:15 PM

ok so if some of you suspect that eovia will never receive the updated version of the poser 6 sdk would you think that eovia would somewhere down the road give transposer 2 buyers some store credit or reimbursement at all? or possibly e frontier giving transposer 2 consumers a discounted rate for poser 5 for those that don't have it yet? because all I have is poser 4 and upgraded to 6 the whole freeking point of having transposer 2 was for the dynamic features that were promised but only work with poser 5. makes me wish I almost didn't upgrade to 6 and just got 5 instead. I hope there are still promotions going on for poser 5 as an upgrade so that I can just use that for a while. Till E-frontier will come to their senses and do this for eovia, otherwise they will continue to have a lot of unhappy customers, and possibly losing some

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 6:11 PM

3rdimension wrote: "So does this mean If I was to go download the latest sdk from eovia everything would work how it is supposed to in transposer 1 or 2?" The Poser 6 SDK is what you'll need (along with Eovia's SDK) to write your own TransPoser 3. I don't think Eovia can give you a break on TransPoser 2 because they did say it imported dynamics from Poser 5 only and didn't mention anything about Poser 6.

3rdimension ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 6:14 PM

did you just mention transposer 3? is transposer 3 already out? now you have got me curiouse.

InfoCentral ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 9:19 PM ยท edited Sun, 10 July 2005 at 9:22 PM

Just think you can still use it with Poser 4.

3rdimension wrote: "Till E-frontier will come to their senses and do this for Eovia, otherwise they will continue to have a lot of unhappy customers, and possibly losing some "

I think E-Frontier has a lot of very happy customers with Poser 6. Poser 4 was rock solid. Poser 5 was rocked with bugs and took 4 services patches to contain it. Poser 6 has been rock solid and they even threw in a complete modeling and animation program with it - Shade. And to make things even better they also threw in PoserFusion so you can import/export from Shade to Poser and vice versa. They also threw in Magic Sketch that allows you to draw a 2D shape and have a 3D object automatically built from it that you can import into Shade and save. (I love to play around with this for quick background stuff).

So where are the "unhappy customers" coming from and who should they be mad at? BodyStudio seems to work well for Cinema, 3ds max and Poser 6. Shade seems to work well with Poser 6 and it was FREE. So what's your gripe with E-Frontier? They giving away too much??? I think your anger is misdirected. E-Frontier and Curious Labs has never and will never build a plug-in for Carrara. They never sold you any plug-ins and certainly are not responsible for other companies bilking thier own user base with plug-ins that don't work. W.C. Fields: "Never give a sucker an even break."

Message edited on: 07/10/2005 21:22

3rdimension ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 12:58 AM

Dude I don't know you and never have met you, and I certainly don't want to get off on the wrong foot either. I have to say that you just aren't getting it. Have you ever used transposer 1 or 2? If you are like me and a bunch of other carrara enthusiasts, you would understand what I'm talking about and what I mean about this sdk file e-frontier should have made for transposer 2 in the beginning with poser 6. it is just the courteouse thing to do since eovia and curious labs did team up on this software together a while back. most carrara users got jacked up hard and ripped off because of this issue. so no I have not been misguided.

steama ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 8:56 AM

No body got ripped-off dude. Poser now belongs to e frontier and they don't have to do a thing for Eovia, not a single thing. The issue of the Poser 6 SDK is between e frontier and Eovia management. If they are now viewed as competitors they will not get the Poser 6 SDK. I think they are competitors now. Take a look at DAZ now. I don't think e frontier wants them around at all. Try to find the mention of Poser on their website at all. Sure it's a bummer but Eovia should have bought Poser.

InfoCentral ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 10:40 AM

3rdimension wrote: "I have to say that you just aren't getting it."

Let's see if I can summarize this. You bought a plug-in from Eovia that is supposed to let you work with one of E-Frontier's product, that being Poser 6. It doesn't work and crashes. Now you are mad at E-Frontier! Let's look at the scoreboard hummm...

Eovia..........$ 129.00
E-Frontier.......$ 0.00

So to make a long story short, 1) it's E-Frontier fault, and 2) I don't get it. Well, I think your right about 2.

Disraeli: "It is much easier to be critical than to be correct."

DustRider ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 7:00 PM

You can get great quality renders of Poser figures in CS4 much easier (and faster) than in Poser6 or Shade-le (the "free" version that came with P6). This alone is more than enough reason to want P6 support in Transposer. I would like to have P6 comapatibility with Transposer, and am hoping it will be available soon.

But that may never happen, unless CS users can make enough noise to be heard by e-Frontier, and they (e-Frontier) see that there is a benefit to making an SDK available to Eovia. Eovia could easily be considered a competitor to e-Frontier, since Shade is their flagship product.

I'm keeping a close watch on the development of DAZ Studio. If they can implement dynamic hair and cloth, then Eovia would have an alternative to Poser and e-Frontier. Right now DAZ Studio is on the par with P4, but with the addition of dynamic cloth/hair it would be very competitive with P6, and DAZ is comitted to making an SDK available to any interested 3rd party developers (unlike e-frontier seems to be now).

Just a few random thoughts.

My Rendo Galleryย ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 7:26 PM ยท edited Mon, 11 July 2005 at 7:29 PM

Ok. Info you need some corrections.

"Poser 6 has been rock solid and they even threw in a complete modeling and animation program with it - Shade."

This was only thrown in with prerelease ordering. So it wasn't "thrown-in" Also, I have heard from many users that Poser 6 was actually a drastic slowdown in performance, and many have had issues with rendering, etc.

"They also threw in Magic Sketch that allows you to draw a 2D shape and have a 3D object automatically built from it that you can import into Shade and save. (I love to play around with this for quick background stuff)."

This is a laugh. Essentially this is the commercial version of Teddy. Or OpenTeddy an opensource adaptation of the Teddy program. You can see them here:

http://openteddy.sourceforge.net/
http://www-ui.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~takeo/index.html

"Let's see if I can summarize this. You bought a plug-in from Eovia that is supposed to let you work with one of E-Frontier's product, that being Poser 6. It doesn't work and crashes. Now you are mad at E-Frontier! "

That is incorrect. Have a look at the Transposer homepage. A quote: "Working in Carrara 4 with Poser characters has never been more simple or satisfying. TransPoser 2 builds on the capabilities of the first version by adding support for Poser 5 dynamic hair, lighting and texture."

http://www.eovia.com/products/carrara_addons/transposer.asp

No where on that page does it say that it will work with Poser 6. Its odd for someone with the name "Infocentral" you'd think you'd be more informative.

Now to be fair to 3rdimension his question on getting Poser 6 figures into Carrara via Transposer. Well as of now there is no support. And Eovia's statement is that as soon as they have access to the Poser 6 SDK they will update Transposer to support Poser 6.

Also, if you do a search of the Poser and this forum there are a few workarounds, not sure of there success because I rarely use Poser anymore. This is just one of the threads I found on Poser 6 and Transposer:
http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2265540

Goodluck. Hope Eovia gets the SDK soon.

Brian

Message edited on: 07/11/2005 19:28

Message edited on: 07/11/2005 19:29

InfoCentral ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 7:41 PM

3rdimension wrote: " it is just the courteouse thing to do since eovia and curious labs did team up on this software together a while back." What?!!! Curious Labs and Eovia never teamed up on any plug-ins. Where did you get that? I remember back when Carrara 3 was my top dog and Eovia came out with TransPoser (1). Not hearing anything from Curious Labs I contacted them and asked them why they don't mention Carrara and TransPoser along with the other apps with Poser plug-ins. Their response was that they would look into it. Not sadisfied with that answer involving my beloved Carrara I then contacted E-Frontier who had just recently acquired Curious Labs. I asked them if it made any business sense to keep quite about another 3D program that is able to function directly with theirs. They sent that e-mail directly to Curious Labs who contacted me. This time they said they were unaware of TransPoser, thanked me for the information, and said they would include it in the next newsletter. The next month sure enough it was there. It would appear on their website alongside the other apps soon afterward. So where is this working together on it; they weren't even aware of it.

InfoCentral ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 7:56 PM

Ahhh, Nicholas86 always a pleasure to hear your rantings and ravings. BTW, how is TrueSpace coming along or did you sell it already? Being an active Blender user I have some questions about the game development side. Have you ever build any games using Blender? I want to build some educational games. Would Blender be a good choice? Thanks... Boileau: "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

InfoCentral ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 8:17 PM

Ok, I don't want to be a matchmaker or anything but let me see if I can connect a couple of users here to address the issue of TransPoser not working with Poser 6 and also should anyone be crying about it. OK, lets start with this topics author 3rdimension. 3rdimension wrote: "It is really frustrating when transposer won't recognize or work well with poser 6. also it sucks that transposer two won't recognize morphed models very well either. only thing would be to keep animating in poser which is one thing I really didn't want to have to be stuck with. It is pointless to have transposer if it won't work properly with poser 6." Now to answer this issue we will look to the well know and always animate Nicholas86. Nicholas86 wrote: "That is incorrect. Have a look at the Transposer homepage. A quote: "Working in Carrara 4 with Poser characters has never been more simple or satisfying. TransPoser 2 builds on the capabilities of the first version by adding support for Poser 5 dynamic hair, lighting and texture." No where on that page does it say that it will work with Poser 6. No where on that page does it say that it will work with Poser 6. Its odd ....you'd think you'd be more informative. So there you have it. Question asked and answered by two of this forums proud "carrara enthusiasts." God bless you all!

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 8:27 PM ยท edited Mon, 11 July 2005 at 8:32 PM

"BTW, how is TrueSpace coming along or did you sell it already? Being an active Blender user I have some questions about the game development side. Have you ever build any games using Blender? I want to build some educational games. Would Blender be a good choice? Thanks..."

Given up on selling Truespace its resell value is low. And holding out for TS7 to see if it might be of use in my toolset with its "improved" interface.

Blender CAN develop games. As to whether its the best platform for game development, that I'd have to question. They are currently working on intergrating an opensource platforum called Crystal Space.

"Not sadisfied with that answer involving my beloved Carrara I then contacted E-Frontier who had just recently acquired Curious Labs. I asked them if it made any business sense to keep quite about another 3D program that is able to function directly with theirs. They sent that e-mail directly to Curious Labs who contacted me. This time they said they were unaware of TransPoser, thanked me for the information, and said they would include it in the next newsletter. The next month sure enough it was there. It would appear on their website alongside the other apps soon afterward.

So where is this working together on it; they weren't even aware of it."

Thats a little odd. Bad communication between the companies if this is all true. I would think that it would be benefit to both companies to advertise transposer. Even now with Shade. I'd think efrontier would like Carrara users to purchase Poser 6 and be able to import Poser 6 animation and would thus support further Transposer development. Well who knows what is up. I'll email efrontier myself and see whats going on and if the SDK has been released. Will update here when I have received a reply.

Brian

Message edited on: 07/11/2005 20:32

3rdimension ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 9:22 PM

Listen up now some of you who lack the knowledge that I have just been given by a customer service rep from e-frontier because I did the smartest thing by emailing customer support and tech support at e-frontier. This is the link they sent me and this is what they said. That E-frontier is working on fixing the long overdue issue with poser 6 and compatibility with other company plugins. Heres the link check it out for yourself, and once you have done that, some of you will feel like complete idiots, and would be nice to receive an apology. http://www.e-frontier.com/article/articleview/1417/1/598/ at this link this is what is being said on the e-frontier website. How will my third-party plugins work with Poser 6 files? Currently, the Reiss Studio BodyStudio plugins are being revised to properly support Poser 6 and its PZ3 files; BodyStudio for Cinema 4D is available now and works well with Poser 6, and the others are being updated as of mid-April 2005. For details and other information, visit the Reiss Studio website. The Mover utility, for use with e-on's Vue line of 3D applications, should also have a service release appearing shortly that will allow it to properly work with Poser 6 files, and there should also be service releases for the relevant Vue products. For details and the latest information, visit e-on's website. Eovia's TransPoser plugin for Carrara is also in the process of revision; we don't have an expected shipping date for any revision but further information may be available from Eovia's website. In general, if you have a version of a supported plugin that works with Poser 5 but has difficulty with Poser 6 files, there are two things you can do to resolve the situation. First, in Poser's General Preferences, go to the Misc. tab and uncheck the "Use external binary morph targets" checkbox; this will cause Poser 6 to write its saved PZ3 files with all relevant morph data included in the PZ3, not encoded externally in the PMD file- saving versions of your problematic Poser 6 files as "all-inclusive" PZ3s, with morph data included, should allow the plugins to properly read the geometry data for your Poser figures. Secondly, if you have Poser 5 installed, you can remove any Poser 6-specific features from your files (image-based lights, point lights, etc.) then open your Poser 6 files in Poser 5 and save them out as Poser 5 files, which should be accessible to older plugins. Need I say more.....? So I don't want to hear anymore arguing and complaining about this any longer. Shows what can be done when asking the right people. HA!

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 9:28 PM

Good job 3rdimension. Glad to see you got your answer.

InfoCentral ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 9:50 PM

I thought you provided him with the answer. :)

steama ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 10:28 PM

I have called, emailed and faxed e frontier about Transposer 2 and Eovia's need for the Poser 6 SDK in order to update Transposer 2 to work with Poser 6. The answer I got back was that e frontier would evaluate release of the Poser 6 SDK on a case by case basis. At that time Poser 6 was just released and the Poser 6 SDK had not been developed yet. Now you can see certain software packages are being upgraded to work with Poser 6 which means the Poser 6 SDK may very well be out. I sure hope Eovia can get their hands on it! Carrara 4 and Poser 6 would be awesome together.

InfoCentral ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 10:29 PM

Nicholas86 wrote: "Given up on selling Truespace its resell value is low. And holding out for TS7 to see if it might be of use in my toolset with its "improved" interface." I have a registered version of 4.3 so I keep getting offers to buy 6.6 for way below retail price and they are willing to throw in several training DVDs as well. So I know the resell value has to be low. But heck, there are places on the internet selling Carrara 3 for $49. I would say that I wish I would have waited but I'm glad I got in when I did. Nicholas86 wrote: "Blender CAN develop games. As to whether its the best platform for game development, that I'd have to question. They are currently working on intergrating an opensource platforum called Crystal Space." I saw on the website they are selling a game development kit but it isn't up to date with the current version and there have been some GI changes. Apparently there has been a recent release? So they want to drop their own and combine Blender with Crystal Space for game development side. Nicholas86 wrote: "I would think that it would be benefit to both companies to advertise transposer. Even now with Shade. I'd think efrontier would like Carrara users to purchase Poser 6 and be able to import Poser 6 animation and would thus support further Transposer development." That's what I thought too. But perhaps we both are reading this wrong. E-Frontier aquired Curious Labs not because they wanted to promote Poser but to gain the established marketing of Curious Labs so they could market Shade to the West. It already has the East market. The goal is to establish Shade here in the West. Poser is just a sideline. And with that thinking wouldn't Carrara be in direct competition with Shade? And wouldn't TransPoser then be in direct competition with PoserFusion? Wasn't the first thing Daz did with Daz Studio is set-up their own propriety file type? Trying to lock Poser out. To this day their plug-in for Poser to Bryce is only through Daz Studio. Nicholas86 wrote: "Well who knows what is up." Exactly! If you talked to me back in the days of Poser 5 I would have said they were going to die off and Daz was going to take over. Then E-Frontier comes in and everything changes overnight. Daz can't seem to get their product out the door. Been several years now and still Daz Studio is in beta. Bryce has minimal improvement. Sad, I had such high hopes for Daz. I recently dropped my Platimum membership there.

InfoCentral ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 11:05 PM

3rdimension wrote: "Listen up now some of you who lack the knowledge that I have just been given by a customer service rep from e-frontier because I did the smartest thing by emailing customer support and tech support at e-frontier." Oh yeah, a genius, I care to venture right alongside Linus Pauling. 3rdimension wrote: "This is the link they sent me and this is what they said. That E-frontier is working on fixing the long overdue issue with poser 6 and compatibility with other company plugins." They certainly didn't mention anything like that in their Knowledge Base web information link you provided. As a matter of fact they seem to go to great lengths to provide you with the vendors website and direct you to contact them when they plan on releasing a compatible version. No mention of them working with any of the vendors. 3rdimension wrote: " Heres the link check it out for yourself, ..." I don't know when that press release was written but it couldn't have been recent. They say that the Poser 6/Cinema 4D, know as BodyStudio, is already competed and "available now". That others are scheduled for "mid-April."This tells me that it has to be written before mid-April. Most of those marks have been missed. BodyStudio for Cinema 4D is still in beta version. BodyStudio for Maya still not even a beta yet. BodyStudio for 3ds max is the only one complete. I went to the E-on's website and they say Mover is still only Poser 5 compatible. Eovia....well you know what they say. 3rdimension wrote: "...and once you have done that, some of you will feel like complete idiots, and would be nice to receive an apology." I'm still waiting for that feeling to come over me. But that Brian on the other hand...come on Nicholas86 apologize to the man.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 1:00 AM ยท edited Tue, 12 July 2005 at 1:01 AM

Riot.

Remember, Eovia got a new CEO who probably doesn't play catchup with other software versions very well. And recently laid-off Curious Labs employees are probably trying to get a hold of Antoine (who's long since left Eovia) for a job. Eovia needs to update its Technology Partners list and stay in contact with those companies, too.

Message edited on: 07/12/2005 01:01

3rdimension ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 1:33 AM

LOL I guess some people just like to have a good argue either that or they just have a difficult time admitting when they may be wrong about something. I know I started this thread only out of curiosity and frustration at first, but hey now, I think I will leave the rest of it to open discussion for the rest of you and just sit back and enjoy where the rest of it goes. funny how some threads can change topic on the turn of a dime sometimes, with just a few remarks.

InfoCentral ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 12:16 PM

The last thing I read was an interview from the President of Curious Labs. Poser 5 had been released for some time now and I believe they were in SP3. He said that they were working on SP4 and should be out soon. He also said he wanted users input into Poser 6. He was asked about third party plug-ins and said the problem is that Poser has never had a SDK. This was a big area they wanted to work on but he said he had no idea when that would be. Knowing this I still have to wonder if they were ever able to produce it or if they are even still working on it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.