Thu, Sep 19, 6:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: EF-CP-G2 Promises, Integrity, Honesty and Accusations

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 01 August 2006 at 11:59 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:51 PM

I wish there was an easy way of displaying the history of this topic in a timeline. Here's basically how I remember it though.

February/March 2005 Poser 6 was released Adult Figure Faceroom Support
July 2005 Japanese Release of Miki & Koji with Faceroom Support
August 2005 CP American Release of Miki with Faceroom Support
September 2005 CP Americanised Release of Koji - No Faceroom Support but a Promise Made!
January 2006 CP Announces Passport CD No mention of G2 figures yet
April 2006 CP Announces G2 Kelvin Teaser for release with Passport CD, Just Kelvin Not other boys!
June 2006 CP Announces MaleG2 release Before the end of July No hint about Preview Only
July 27th after almost the whole month of July goes by with no word we finally see teaser images just days before July is over. Saturday they toss the figures online, load up an entire CP Site rediesign and the entire staff runs off to catch their flights to SigGraph leaving the mess they made to stand or fall on it's own.

Finister ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 1:29 AM · edited Wed, 02 August 2006 at 1:31 AM

At least e-frontier is actually doing something with Poser, to improve Poser and content, a hella of a lot more than the two previous Poser owners did on their own. DAZ has had the best Poser ready 3d people and no one has come close to comparing with their people...maybe Anton but...but e-frontier is getting closer and closer.

In my opinion, Miki's facial expressions blow all the DAZ people's facial expression capabilities away. Miki's face does what I wish V3/V2/v1 could achieve...and her face doesn't turn into stretch face with extreme facial expressions like DAZ's people.

The e-frontier bodies need a lot of work to catch up - they look gnarly to me.

But we've come a long way from Posette and Dork's jagged edges with even modest posing.

I applause e-frontier for all the energy they're putting into Poser. They seem like they're into Poser for the long haul and that's good for us all...

in my opinion

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:21 AM

So you're ok with them making promises for things like fixes for the Poser 6 people, Koji's faceroom support and July releases of the G2 figures and then backing out of them.

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:41 AM

Personally, I find the face room a waste of time. Face camera - morph dials - all I need.

Finister ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:42 AM · edited Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:45 AM

The thing to consider is this..

What are we bitching about concerning e-frontier's Poser today compared to what we were bitching about with Curious Lab's Poser?

We were bitching about Poser itself back then. Now we're bitching about Poser people.

We Poserites bitch a lot and to find out how we really feel about how well or unwell things are doing, we have to observe what we're bitching about.

If we're bitching about the second generation of Poser '6' people (NOT Poser 7 people that have yet to be shown) then in my guesstimation... e-frontier wants Poser to be more tomorrow than it is today.

I personally would rather e-frontier expend all their energy on updating Poser so it could utilize dual core processing and improve the Firefly render engine even more....rather than trying to make people who can compete with DAZ's people.

DAZ is trying to make an application to compete with Poser and e-frontier is trying to make 3d people to compete with DAZ's 3d people.

If they'd both just focus on what they do best  we buyers would profit most.

But, to me, at least e-frontier is actually invested in Poser more seemingly for the longrun

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:56 AM

So what you're saying is it doesn't matter to you that when a company releases crap and promises to fix it but doesn't that they shouldn't be held accountable by their customers for promises made or shoddy work.

You used the Bitch word a lot there. I'm assuming you think pointing out obvious faults and outright lies is somehow a bad thing. Accountability is somehow not required when people take your money. It's that sort of attitude that lousy companies thrive on in my opinion. You say you'd rather they focused on the program itself, fine, The Content included in the program IS part of the program. It should be in proper working order when released or fixed with patches just as the program itself is.

I agree that EF shouldn't be trying to out DAZ DAZ with new figures, but I disagree that they shouldn't worry about fixing figures that they've already put out and agreed to fix.

Whether you use the faceroom or not is beside the point to the issue that it's there and was promised to work for James, Jessi, Miki and Koji G1. They've side stepped the promise to fix the issues for these figures by releasing all new figures with their own sets of problems. I don't consider that the act of a company trying to improve Poser. It's certainly not the act of a company trying to serve it's clientele with integrity.

Finister ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 3:52 AM

Quote - You used the Bitch word a lot there.

yeah - ha ha - I must've done a Sigmund there - ha ha...funny.

I've been longwinded..my apologies.

No, it doesn't bother me because no matter what e-frontier does we'd still complain.

Complain = bitch

:D

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:58 AM

I'm not by any means a CL/EF fanboy, but in their defense I have to say that they're at least trying to push ahead with poser and it's content. They may not be getting it 100% right, but they're moving in the right direction, which is more than we were getting during the poser 5 phase.

I'm not saying broken promises are OK, or that poser is a wonderful program with no bugs. All I'm saying is that P6 is without a doubt, the most stable version so far and that e-F have done their share to improve the app and the figures. Personally, I think their problem is that they're either trying to do everything in-house, or they're hiring the wrong people to do certain things. The e-F staff should stick to working on poser, and farm out all other work (figures, etc), to professionals.

In an e-mail exchange with e-F, I suggested a list of improvements for poser, but the main one I think they should implement is a Poser Bug Tracker. This idea that they can work in secret and 'surprise' us with a shiny new program is old hat. Poser users invest heavily in their hobby, and they should be able to voice their concerns, suggestions and ideas. You only need to take a look at the Daz Studio Bug Tracker to see how software should be developed. I've seen a whole bunch of features added to DS which I asked for, not to mention fixed bugs I've reported.

I'd like to see poser move ahead, but I'd also like to have some place where I can say 'Hey! This doesn't work!'. Mailing e-F tech support is not a satisfactory solution.

mac

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 5:26 AM

I agree completely Mac and I AM a CL/EF Fanboi! I've done more renders with the standard Poser figures than any figure from DAZ or anyone else. I don't, however, like being promised one thing and given something completely different.

In spite of the impression I've been giving off about the new G2 figures, I do like them. I just don't like how they've renigged on old promises with new figures that aren't fixes to existing issues that they said they'd fix. It doesn't help that the new figures are all coming with New problems! How long will we have to wait for THEM to be fixed now?

If I knew how, I'd build my own faceroom support for Koji. Unfortunately that's one mystery that they've never released to the public in any way shape or form. How to create those faceroom moduals should be information that they can share but I've never heard of anyone outside their company making new moduals.

Yes, EF has been good for Poser. No they have not been perfect and no they haven't kept valuable promises they've made to we the customers.

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 6:02 AM

Hopefully, without saying too much, I can make clear that e-F does in fact do testing and bug tracking, and it's extensive. I can't say more than that, but it is the truth.

As for the Face Room, it is licensed technology provided by another company. They can't release the methods to the public. That's probably where some of the issues come from too. It's hard to integrate a piece of software, designed in a certain manner, with another application, designed for another purpose. I know, I have done it before. All in all though, it's a good choice on their part. Take a product, adjust it to work with Poser, and give the public a new tool, at the same low cost. Let's be honest, Poser has some very advanced features for it's price. The Mat Room shaders, the Cloth Room, the Face Room, the add on for Poser Fashion. All of that stuff is licensed tech from another company. If they did it in-house, we'd be paying two or three times the current price, if we were lucky.

I like the direction e-F is taking with figures. Yes, I know you feel slighted. I want everything to work perfectly too. I am sure this is all being worked on by e-F. They are not a fly-by-night operation. They are in Poser for the long haul, and are making the effort to improve the product every day.

You can't be mad at them for heading to Siggraph. They are out at these conventions to build the user base. That results in more revenue for the company, which allows them the resources to grow the product.

Sorry this is so long winded. I hope you understand the point.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 7:16 AM

Quote - You can't be mad at them for heading to Siggraph. They are out at these conventions to build the user base. That results in more revenue for the company, which allows them the resources to grow the product.

Actually yeah I can be. From what's been said at CP, their entire creative staff from modelors to website design staff went! Sounds more like a free company paid vacation to me. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me, but I'm pretty sure someone said that they'd ALL gone to SigGraph and that just seems a bit foolish to me when they've just done a major site redesign and released much ballyhoo'd new figures with loads of issues. Someone SHOULD have been left to mind the store in both of these areas.

vince3 ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 7:36 AM · edited Wed, 02 August 2006 at 7:39 AM

they are good points destro, but i would of thought that the new figures would of worked with the face room, the face room isn't that great really, but i think it is a fun way to start making a character. it was a function they had adopted to use in their software, it seems that with the new figures, they have decided to change how they make the figure, without thinking how it will work with the software, so now the makers of the faceroom have to totally remake their part to work with the new figures, as oppossed to just needing to make a fix or build for it. which then sounds like things will only work together with the release of poser7. which would have to be very cheap or free for me to want to upgrade from poser6.it took till sr2 till i could use poser6, so i wouldn't have any faith in poser7 working, so wouldn't invest in it.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:07 AM

perspective:

G2 males have not been released. e-f put out a "G2 Male Bundle Passport Preview" that is a preview set for passport members, not a distribution of the final product.

Most likely a compramise to get the product "out" by the "deadline"  while fixing/finishing it.

Publishing deadlines in Poser programing, and modeling/rigging are dangerous. I dont think i have seen anyone release a finished/bugless product on a published deadline.

If i were speculating i would say the decision to make the G2 figures was made after the promise to fix the G1 figures (if they actually promised). The business decision was made that they would spend time and money on making the G2 figures as replacements/updates to the G1 figures instead of dumping money and effort into G1 figures which would likely be released at the same time as the G2 figures which would replace them or push off the completion of the G2 figures past SigGraph or possibly past P7. which are likely to be two deadlines they wanted to meet so that they could be distributed at/in both.

Quote - it took till sr2 till i could use poser6, so i wouldn't have any faith in poser7 working, so wouldn't invest in it.

From what i understand P5 wasn't "usable" till SR4. Sounds like improvement to me.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 9:16 AM

For a Japanese corporation I am a bit suprised that they would allow such a messy handling of affairs such as this and it brings me to wonder how much control, excuse me, how much influence they have over their U.S. operations. For the most part in the Japanese corporate world attention to detail is key and making shoddy products is unacceptable.

Of course if poser and the content included are still going through development, which seems to be the case, then bugs and hitches are to be expected. When Japan first started marketing autos here in the U.S. they were met with resistance because it was felt that they lacked in workmanship. But in time the Japanese auto makers learned and improved their product and now many Americans own or wants a Japanese made auto. I hope this is the case with poser and its content that e frontier is learning and improving and right now we are seeing this phase. E frontier has not had the poser program long and it may take time for them to perfect whatever their goals are for it.

However, companies should not make promises they have no intention in keeping, ignoring customer imput, rushing products to market knowing they are not ready and then not supporting them. If this is the case of e frontier then it is unacceptable and will not win the trust of their present customers which can hurt a company. E frontier needs to keep this in mind that us poser folk expect the best products as possible because to some of us this just isn't a hobby. We invest a lot of time, energy and money on the apps and content we use and don't like it if we a re pormised something and then it not be granted. There is a Japanese phrase used in business "kyakusama wa kamisama" ("The customer is God") let's hope e frontier has not forgotten this.

Cheers,
Micheál

My Facebook Page

NomiGraphics ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 10:17 AM

As someone who has met the people that work at e frontier I'm going to have to stop being quiet here.

These folks work their ASSES off for you.  They are extremely commited to the Poser market, and are trying their absolute to bring as much to the users, as fast as possible.

If you haven't worked in a corporation before, you won't know how much infighting goes on between marketing and programmers.  Trust me, everyone wants it perfect, but they also need to be putting things out to keep up the "buzz".  So sometimes things aren't as perfect right off the bat, but they continue to work on it.  No one at that company wants your stuff to not work.

As for this b.s. about them going to siggraph, I've seen them at siggraph before, and trust me not a single person there is on vacation.  They are again working their tails off trying to make their booth the best they can for the people.

So maybe give them a bit of a break, as they work very hard, and very long hours trying to make sure that Poser 6, 7, etc continues to move forward in positive ways.

- Noel  

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 10:40 AM

nice try
they won't listen tho....
shame that...

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 12:23 PM

They are available as far as I know to the Passport members as there are tonnes of talk about using them in the forums over there. 

I havn't seen any facial expressions yet that match Polymages Elle though.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 12:35 PM

I'm still waiting for a ApolloMax faceroom update that they have, finished, ready to go and won't release.

Least the G2 are out.

Contracted figures, 3rd party programs and render engine, too much out of efrontier's hands now for me to really care about what efrontier does.

Fun to watch, interesting drama, but ultimatlely efrontier and Poser mean very little to me anymore.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 1:29 PM · edited Wed, 02 August 2006 at 1:33 PM

Quote - DAZ is trying to make an application to compete with Poser and e-frontier is trying to make 3d people to compete with DAZ's 3d people.

If they'd both just focus on what they do best  we buyers would profit most.

But, to me, at least e-frontier is actually invested in Poser more seemingly for the longrun

Yep.  Very well stated.

Poser software -- great and getting better.  DAZ figures -- the best overall of what's available on the market right now -- in spite of DAZ's vocal detractors.

I support both companies in all of their efforts.  But I'll be buying Poser 7.......and I'll be creating scenes with V4 & with made-for-V4 accessories.

I feel safe in saying that my own 3D inclinations probably match the behavior patterns of around 80% to 90% of the Poser market -- and that's why the market looks like it does.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Jay7347 ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 1:55 PM

Miz, where the heck do you justify getting on your high horse and passing judgement on what you THINK the folks at eF are doing with their time. You know, you sound like a three year old complaining for his sippy cup the way you won't let it go. As for the accusations that they intentionally let slip a deadline, good grief, welcome to the world of software. Have you taken a look over at ZBrush and seen the couple of months till their update was to be released turn to a year? I know those folks are working their tails off trying to make the best product they can, while you are doing what? Complaining.
Get your head out...
-jay

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:28 PM

Quote - Hopefully, without saying too much, I can make clear that e-F does in fact do testing and bug tracking, and it's extensive. I can't say more than that, but it is the truth.

I'm quite sure e-F have their own beta-testing/bug tracker system. They'd be fools not to, and I doubt they're fools. What I suggested was that they have a public bug tracker which poser users can access. The whole point of software development and marketing in the 21st century is to give the users what they want, not what you think they need, so that they continue to buy your program. Since e-F no longer have a monopoly on the market, they'd be well advised to start listening to what the customers are saying - ie. via a bug tracker/feature request system. Otherwise the 200,000+ people who use daz studio are going to keep on increasing at the expense of poser.

Re Siggraph - I've worked at several trade shows (photographic), and I can tell you, it's no joke. If anyone offered me a 'free vacation' at a trade show, I'd want large amounts of money for the 'pleasure' of doing it.

mac

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:44 PM

Just a few thoughts...

Anton really burned his bridges with CL/EF (Like everywhere else), and I wouldn't be surprised if they never released the face room expansion they were working on because of that. There might have bene issues they needed to resolve with him and with Apollo which they can no longer accomplish.

As far as slipped release dates on figures? Hell, I say get them our hen they are complete and right. You can only work so fast on this stuff, and S*** happens. I've run into many delays on things over the years, sometimes because it was a bug, sometimes because I found a better way to accomplish or improve something, and it was worth it to me to either delay something, so I could release a superior product.

I've got plenty of figures to keep me busy until they work out all the kinks on their new figures, and while I might not be thrilled they've run into snags, I do understand, and can be compassionate.

As to Siggraph? They at least tossed a bone out the the passport members, and there's no way that any one or two people could possibly address all the vaious questions about them while the majority of the staff was away. And I've worked bifg shows like Siggraph an dit is NOT some big party time.. maybe yeah at night a few places, but during the day you're lucky if you can kep up with all the questions, and people there.

And they'll return fresh from Siggraph, and look at the new G2 people with fresh eyes, and maybe see things to improve them they couldn't because they were too close to them for too long.

I just suspect Miz is having a bad day.....

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:48 PM

Jay,  I justified my high horse with my wallet dude, as did everyone else who's not happy about how things are going. If you don't like my attitude or how I come across, don't read my posts! Same thing goes for you Khai.

Frankly I've been completely civil about things. Unlike you, I've not called anyone who disagrees with me sippy-cup wielding children or any other name calling type of verbal abuuse I don't need anyone to come trolling around just to fan flames with that type of behaviour. I don't know what planet you think you're on where people aren't allowed to voice their opinions, but I have every right to say how I feel about the actions and promises made to me by a company I've spent as much money as I have with Poser since EF bought it!

I won't even compare EF to the creators of ZBrush, mainly because they don't compare to the extremely shitty attitude I've seen from those people! I've watched enough Zbrush customers being banned from their support forums site for daring to voice their complaints over issues with that software since I bought it at Version 2's release. Not so EF/CP, they've been quite willing to listen and indeed have put up with far more of my comments there than you have here.

I've already stated several times. I like EF and their figures. Of course, nobody seems to be paying attention to anything positive I have to say about them so why should I bother.

As far as fixing the G1 figures being so undoable as everyone is trying to say that's an outright lie in Koji's case. They HAVE a working Faceroom Modual for a working version of Koji that we've begged and pleaded with them to release in the states. What's so bloody hard about releasing them? They've had the Japanese Koji and his working Faceroom since July of 2005! Period! End of Story! Miki's spagetti arms could have been fixed in the time it's taken for them to work on Apollo's never released faceroom modual as well.

I won't even begin to guess why they thought supporting Anton's figure was more important than supporting their own. Certainly not after this past year and watching him pull his creation from store to store to store! That's a whole nother thread and frankly, one I'm no longer interested in!

In anycase, expecting integrity isn't any reason for people to pull out their old hat full of name calling triicks. You may not like me, but you can't find a single post about this issue where I've made a personal attack against anyone or any company. I expect the same respect in return!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:54 PM

Cross posted with ya Gareee, but yeah and it's more like a bad month. Dental issues that need attention with no dental insurance on a fixed income on top of other health issues which have no relief. I don't think I've been unreasonable considering, just loud!

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 2:59 PM

Hey everyone has an off week (or month!) and we're all just humans, and I think the heat is getting to a LOT of people more then they think it is.

My wife's work has had a lot of employee issues of late (MUCH more then normal), and I'm sure the summer heat isn't making life any easier.

Just chill, and play with something you really like for a while. When was the last time you rendered the Space Pod? ;)

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 3:11 PM

Grins and nods and carries on sweeping the floor pausing to make some tea

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 3:11 PM

Hehe... I'm waiting for a flying sub to go with it. Hint Hint!

Yeah heat's a factor here in the midwest as well. I live in a leaky 2nd floor apartment and my AC runs constantly during the day, this doesn't help with the sinuses!

Olivier ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 3:27 PM

How many Masters of Poser there could be, if some people here would involve half of the energy they spend spitting on the guys who make the real hard work, into their tool?

Haven't these people better things to do than complaining all the time about this or that?

I tell you: this is not a good karma!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 3:31 PM

Show me where I've spit on anyone. Show me one post where I've called EF unreasonable names. You can't do it!

Olivier ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 3:33 PM

So, you felt concerned?

Interresting.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 3:54 PM

The title of this thread is:  EF-CP-G2 Promises, Integrity, Honesty and Accusations.

I mentioned ApolloMax faceroom only because e-frontier had promised it for MONTHS and never delivered.  Before Anton even had a contract or was working with e-frontier.  It goes to E-Frontier's "Promises"

As to the other things in the topic of this thread - from www.antonkisieldesigns.com :

"e-frontier a.k.a We resent being compared to Daz a.k.a Just Trust Me Anton

Due to poor email, customer support issues, site issues, late payments, and accounting errors, Apollo has been removed from e-frontier's store and I have terminated Apollo's publishing agreement as well as my figure design contracts and Poser7 consulting. I cannot express the level of my dissappointment with this shady company. Horrific."

Re-read the comments in this thread, then read this paragraph again.

The poser community lost when e-frontier played Anton.  Now lots of people are going to come in here and say stuff about Anton, and how they have never had a problem with e-frontier.  That's great.  Wasn't his experience or other experiences.

btw if ya want V4 rumors, check out Anton's site, he's posted the rumors about V4 beta.

Daz doesn't care about it's users, nor does e-frontier.

Spend you money on brokers and merchants that you truely love and their products.  Because without your supporting them, they won't be around long.

Jay7347 ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 3:58 PM

Miz, if you can't handle people calling your behavior for what it is than act like an adult for goodness sake. As for ignoring your posts, trust me, I usually do because of the aformentioned "spoiled child whiney" behavior. I stand by what I said before. You sound like that when you "dis" software makers and beta testers who work like heck to get it right. And this isn't the only thread you've taken that tact on. Have a little respect and maybe you would get some of the same for your observations in the future. All I'm saying is that there are a lot of people out there in the 3D community trying like heck to make it better whether they are making software, beta testing, or being mods for boards like this. Its just wrong to whine and moan about their efforts when they are the ones who are lifting a finger to make things better.

What have you done for the community today?
Have a good one Miz, hope you're feeling better soon!
-jay

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:01 PM

Mizrael - I'm sorry.  It is not my intension to make it a Anton OT of your thread.  My comments go to your concerns, comments about e-frontier, my comments were directly related on topic to that, least that is my intention.

Many backroom e-frontier/daz stuff has gone on with many brokers/merchants.  Poser users being the ones to lose out in the end.  It's sad.

btw I have seen about 700 pictures of the Siggraph 2006 exhibit floor.  Haven't seen 1 picture with e-frontier booth, nor anybody talking about e-frontier booth.  Isn't that odd with as many Poser users that are at Siggraph this year?

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:19 PM

file_349872.jpg

I decided to completely uv map th flying sub, and that took a lot of time. Plus I had to figure out how to get the landing gear working, AND have an interior at the same time!

My solution was to make a "set" interior, a "add-on" interior, and then a main hull that matches the interior add on part.

Rather them make all the additional set pieces, like the control chairs, bunk, electronic panels n such part of the main interior, I decided to make them each separate figures that can be loaded and repositioned, much like they actually did.

(I'm also x-y flipping them, and flipping the x-y uv mapping, to make them a little more verisitile)

To cheer ya up, here's a newer wip. the headights are actually part of the ship, and transmapped to look like they are in fog.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:26 PM · edited Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:27 PM

I wonder what it would have been like to be inside of the Flying Sub when it hit the water from the air at full speed..........?

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:27 PM

eh?

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:30 PM

Quote - I wonder what it would have been like to be inside of the Flying Sub when it hit the water from the air at full speed..........?

painful as you pick the wreckage out of your skin.....

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:39 PM

Quote - Miz, if you can't handle people calling your behavior for what it is than act like an adult for goodness sake. As for ignoring your posts, trust me, I usually do because of the aformentioned "spoiled child whiney" behavior. I stand by what I said before. You sound like that when you "dis" software makers and beta testers who work like heck to get it right. And this isn't the only thread you've taken that tact on. Have a little respect and maybe you would get some of the same for your observations in the future. All I'm saying is that there are a lot of people out there in the 3D community trying like heck to make it better whether they are making software, beta testing, or being mods for boards like this. Its just wrong to whine and moan about their efforts when they are the ones who are lifting a finger to make things better.

What have you done for the community today?
Have a good one Miz, hope you're feeling better soon!
-jay

Dude! You do the name calling and you tell ME to grow up? Get off your high horse before someone knocks you off!  You can't show me one post where I've Dissed EF or CP with name calling such as you've stooped to. I've simply called them on vailid and real issues with their promises made and products produced. If you call that dissing then you need to read a dictionary!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:42 PM

Quote - Mizrael - I'm sorry.  It is not my intension to make it a Anton OT of your thread.  My comments go to your concerns, comments about e-frontier, my comments were directly related on topic to that, least that is my intention.

Many backroom e-frontier/daz stuff has gone on with many brokers/merchants.  Poser users being the ones to lose out in the end.  It's sad.

btw I have seen about 700 pictures of the Siggraph 2006 exhibit floor.  Haven't seen 1 picture with e-frontier booth, nor anybody talking about e-frontier booth.  Isn't that odd with as many Poser users that are at Siggraph this year?

MC, I don't mind you posting about Anton in this thread. I just don't want to touch that subject anymore personally. I feel I've said everything about that particular situation elsewhere and don't want to rehash it. You go right ahead if you feel the need. I just don't.

As you can see, I'm getting enough flack from the high and mighty around here who think I have no right to voice my opinion about products I've paid good money for.

Olivier ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:46 PM

It's hopless, Jay.

One can't hear a thing while making noise.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:50 PM · edited Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:57 PM

Olivier go troll you own boards will ya. Nobody needs your passive agressive comments and they're not doing a useful thing in this thread othert han showing everyone that you have personal issues with me for whatever reason.

Olivier ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:57 PM

Ah. I see. You're getting nervous now.

Still interresting.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 5:03 PM

See what you want to see. Doesn't make your hallucinations real.

Jay7347 ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 5:04 PM

Miz look, take a breath. Look at the heading you put on this thread. Then, look at what you said in your first and third post. These are accusations without merit because they for the most part rely on intent. Can you prove intent? No. You only have your whining in the wind. If these are truly valid concerns/complaints of yours then I suggest that you contact eF directly when they get back. To flame them behind their back where they can't defend themselves are the actions of one you may not want to be when you grow up.

As I said, take a breath. Hope you have a better day tomorrow.
-jay

Olivier ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 5:15 PM

Quote - See what you want to see. Doesn't make your hallucinations real.

So true! At last we agree on something.

We're making great progresses.

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 5:44 PM

hmmmmm....

I have to agree with thte origianl post..and thrust of this thread. And its not just EF. MAny companies are quilty of not fixing their products. Then out comes the new release, which still doesn't address the stuff, and creates more. They should be giving us a free update with this kind of stuff going on.

I've expressed this opinion many many times, and will continue until a company shows me they will fix problems without charging us an upgrade price to fix them , or totally blowing us off by creating the next gen.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Olivier ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 5:52 PM

Dave, service releases have always been free for Poser. The support or not support of the Face Room has nothing to do with a bug that would need to be fixed.

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 6:08 PM

Hey people. Here's something to think about.

e-Frontier is what, the third different company to own Poser? If nothing else, that's a lot of hands in the cookie jar, cooks in the kitchen,

Look what Curious Labs/e-F has given you for such a low price. The shader engine is part of a hardcore Mac product, yet they make it work on PCs, a feat in itself. They have given us a subset of a strong face generation program. They have introduced a cloth engine, and now Poser Fashion.

Go check out the prices on these products individually, and see if e-F is giving you more bang for your buck or not.

I understand the frustration in the beginning of this thread. You feel slighted. You feel you are not getting everything you paid for, and I can understand why you feel that way. However, as someone pointed out, the G2 "release" is not a release at all. It is a reward they could realistically provide for having loyal Passport subscribers.

As for them heading to Siggraph, I hit conventions during the year for my own industry (Real Estate. You want to see BORING? Come to one of my conferences.) This is important work. Yes, they need to shmooze people. Networking is key in this global market. Given that they turn contacts into new features for the program we know and love, I would think people would be a little more understanding of the work they put in.

These guys and gals are working very hard to provide a feature-rich application, at a bargain basement price for us. We don't pay near what a product like 3D Max or Maya costs, so why not appreciate that?

I hope I don't sound like I am attacking anyone, since that is truly not my intention here. I just think everyone needs to take a deep breath and chill.

Here is something for those proponents of a total rebuild of the product to think about. If they did rewrite the code, it's a pretty strong guarantee that the vast majority of the products you already have purchased and fell in love with would discontinue to work. Would that make you happy? It would sure upset me quite a bit.

They continue to improve a product they never built in the first place. Give them a chance. I think in the what, just over a year that e-F has had the reigns, they have done a pretty damn good job. We have received three updates to the software in the last year and a half. Is that anything to scoff at?

Let's just be reasonable. I know for a fact that e-F cares what it's users think. They love their customers. You can believe that or not, as fits your fancy, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Olivier ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 6:20 PM

Indeed.

You have a good Kharma.

jpiazzo ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 7:10 PM

jpiazzo ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 7:22 PM

Just got back from Siggraph - EF has a really pro booth, and everyone there was cool, open, and informative.

Although they were demoing the new G-2 figures, and Poser still seems to be a flag-ship product -

The NEWS was the introduction of their new asian import - ANIME STUDIO. At first glance, a ToonBoom style 2D animation program that could fit nicely in a Poser - Manga - Anime - workflow!

If, EF can get ALL these programs to work seamlessly together - EF owns the world!

If EF focuses on the "quick content buck" by developing new CONTENT over P6 Program development - well, the jury is out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.