Sat, Sep 21, 4:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: V4 does not have charisma - at least not to me she doesn't what do you say?

Morgano ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 9:00 PM

Sorry, everyone, but this is basically just a reply to Gongyla and it's not even about V4, on the whole.

I suppose E-frontier's logic is that Sydney has face room support, in Poser 7 only.   There are good morph packs for Sydney out there already, though, so they may be missing a trick by not making Sydney separately available.

The integral Poser- people have generally tended to look like the characters who ended up on the wrong end of the sharp, pointy bit of wood in "Buffy the Vampire-Slayer", so I doubt whether many Poser 7 buyers have made the purchase for the sake of the content.   Because Sydney is such a major improvement, however, selling her separately and using her as a reason to buy Poser 7 might have been a clever thing to do.

OK, little bit for the VVVVophiles...
   In the Marketplace, you can find "the usual suspects" selling extremely well-crafted textures, as they have earlier for V3 and Aiko, definitely worth buying as they are.   The difference now is that most of the V4 morphs (and you do pay for those, too, even if you don't use them) seem to look pretty much the same, even from merchants who never seemed to have much trouble contriving original morphs for other characters.   If V4 committed a murder, even an eye-witness wouldn't be much use:  "Well, officer, she had blobby features, a bit like a much younger and female version of Bill Clinton.  Oh, and she had size-XXXXXXL eyes.   Does that help?".

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 9:40 PM

*"A riot is an ugly think. Und I think it's just about time dat ve had vun!"- the Inspector, Young Frankenstein..;)

*I'm sure someone's hard at work making a dial called 'charisma' for the basic mesh. Just make sure the limits are set high enough..;)

honestly, the beastie's still less than a month old. In time, all the tools and widgets will be available.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

templargfx ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 1:02 AM

I've only had v4 complete for about 2 days now, and I like her alot, she has a more youthful look to her, like a woman in her mid twenties, rather than v3 who looked early to mid thirties.

Her face and features are alot smoother than v3, less defined which I think is that people are picking up on. as said before this is because v4 is more geared towards morphing than v3, which is of course a good thing.

I really like the youthful look, and the shaders you get out of the box in p6 are quite good, especially for those who are not too up on the material room. the eyes leave alot to be disired, in the way they are configured out of the box, they have WAY too much ambient light in them, making them look fake and out of place, I am unfortunately finding this out in my first full scale render with v4 which is now in its 5th hour of rendering. looks like I will need to re-render her eyes with my own setup.

I still await a new "Nova" morph that becomes my staple morph like that of Nova for V3 seen in 80% of my renderings past.

all in all, v4 is a great leap forward IMO

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 1:32 AM

You can put a little age on her too if you like.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1344750

The gliterry eyes are pretty easy to fix, just go to EyeSurface in the materials room and find the Anisotropic node (connected to Alternate Specular) and tone down the numbers a little bit.

My Freebies

takezo3001 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 5:37 AM · edited Fri, 29 December 2006 at 5:43 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Quote - You can put a little age on her too if you like.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1344750

The gliterry eyes are pretty easy to fix, just go to EyeSurface in the materials room and find the Anisotropic node (connected to Alternate Specular) and tone down the numbers a little bit.

GREAT RENDER/CHAR! I do love women who are in the realm of the mature matriarch! 30+ is the age of  ascension In my opinion!

On topic: I believe that the reason that the eyes looks so lifeless, is the shape of the iris! Whereas V3 had morphable concave eyes, V4 doesn't! At least in the extent of V3's!

A quick solution is to morph V3's eyes accordingly, and simply save them as a prop, or an obj, reload, and fit for v4!

I love the morphing and joints of this char!!

Natolii ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 6:13 AM

takezo3001 is a perfect example of my point...

Experiment.

Silke ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 6:29 AM

I don't really like her either and I can't put my finger on why I don't like her. (Yes, I have her.)
One gripe - MAJOR gripe - I have is the complete lack of individual muscularity morphs in the "Morphs++" pack.
Another - cosmetic - gripe I have is the asinine naming of the morphs.
"Samantha" "Becky" "Emma" Full char Presets - fine. Each one is awful. Now can I get rid of those?
"Eva" "Maria" "Brigette" "Monique" Full Head presets - YUCK
WTF do I need an "Eva" Preset for in the Mouth section? Give me a goddamn description. I don't know what kind of mouth shape "Eva" or "Kerstin" is supposed to be. That's just idiotic.
If you tell me "Pouty" at least it gives me an idea of what I can expect, but "Eva" means nothing to me. THAT is what I object to.
Daz seems to think I want to use "0.5 Eva, 0.2 Kerstin, 0.1 Maria" or some such rubbish, instead of "0.5 pouty, 0.2 wide, 0.1 full"?
Which gives you more of an idea of what to expect, and which to reduce if it's say... too pouty?

Silke

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 6:42 AM

Yeah, the lack of limb-oriented muscle morphs is pretty annoying, especially when you see that per-limb muscle morphs were probably there at least at some point (many are built into the V4 clothing e.g. adductors).

Seems likely that the girl names thing was done for political correctness' sake, rather than one-size-fits-all "Asian" e.g..

My Freebies

The_Great_Gonzo ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 7:17 AM · edited Fri, 29 December 2006 at 7:20 AM

I for one am not going to rush out and buy V4, however the old argument of - is V4 better than V3 the honest answer is it really depends on who is using the programme. I have seen some amazing renders done with V2 and some god damn aweful ones done with V3 and visa versa. The Victoria series is like a brush, just having a slightly better brush does not make you a better artist. The one thing that I am pretty sure Daz will have done with V4 (I am sure you will shoot me down if I am wrong) but I am sure that Daz3D will have made V4 totally incompatable with V3 clothes, hair and so on (like they did on the V2-V3 swap). This means that if we go V4 in 6 months our massive V3 collections worth thousands of $ will be worthless (again) and we have to plough many more dollars into setting up our V4 collections. Why not keep the base model the same proportions to keep the model downwardly compatable... If I buy Poser 7 I am going to want to be able to open Poser 6 docs in it... same difference. The V4 model looks ok I guess, but I am not going to rush out and buy it just because she;s the new model on the block... Gonzo

Natolii ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 8:20 AM

Gonzo,

A simple $60 package is already in place that renders your arguement in regards to the clothing moot. PhilC 's Wardrobe Wizard is already setup for use with Victoria 4 and has been recompiled for Poser 7.

There are already several hair pieces that have fits for v4 already in place. 3Dream had free fits for his entire catalog released within 48hrs of release. AprilYSH has provided a free fit for he Sylphiad hair and Netherworks Studio has a complete fit system for v4 available for under $10.

Vendors already have the tools in place that takes those so called "wasted purchases" in clothing and hair, and makes them work with v4.

However, I do want to say that you do not have to switch over to Victoria 4 if you do not wish to. No one has to buy the model, there are plenty of Vendors out there still supporting V3.  I don't see her going away anytime soon.

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 8:42 AM

file_363963.jpg

I think V4 has plenty of charisma and I really love the expressions.  I really wish Daz hadn't put the limits on some of the dials, but I guess that could be seen as a challenge!  Here's 3 thumbnails I made using V4 and I think they are quite charimatic!  LOL

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 8:56 AM

Natolii:

Quote - AprilYSH has provided a free fit for he Sylphiad hair

Ooh, that's handy, thanks for the info.

My Freebies

templargfx ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 9:16 AM

file_363965.jpg

(Click to Enlarge)

well, first render kinda-complete, I do like the look of v4 after just a few tweaks of some morphs and she really changes in appearance

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

Natolii ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 9:25 AM

;)

http://aprilsvanity.com/dlpage.php

Quote - Natolii:

Quote - AprilYSH has provided a free fit for he Sylphiad hair

Ooh, that's handy, thanks for the info.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 9:44 AM

One thing, I really dislike that curly hair that everyone seems to buy.  I'm sure a lot of work went into creating it, and it's got to be pretty damn hard to model and texture realistic curly hair, but that stuff looks like a bunch of confetti, very 2d.  Really does not do it for me, the stuff has no body to it.

Natolii thank you for the link, I was just fumbling around looking for that.

My Freebies

templargfx ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 9:49 AM

the hair comes with v4 (well the complete pack) and therefore 90% of people will only have curly hair for v4 at the moment

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

Whatthe ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 9:59 AM

I do kind of agree with the OP, for right now.  I bought the V4 pro pack and have been fiddling around with it.  For anyone who's seen my gallery, I love to take facial morphs and dial them where they're not meant to go to get a specific look I want.  I find myself having a hard time right now doing that with V4.

But I know, in time, there will be more products/morphs/whathaveyou that you can shake a stick at.  So I have faith, but for now, I'm sticking to V3.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 10:13 AM

Shrug, I just wiggle V3 hairs onto her and they stay on reasonably OK - trick seems to be to have an intermediate skullcap thing to parent to the head without conforming, and then conform the hair to the skullcap.

My Freebies

The_Great_Gonzo ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 12:08 PM

Natolii I actually did not know about the wardrobe wizard I've just had a look at it and it seems pretty essential to this 'upgrade' so thanks for that :) ... but I still think that if Daz had just a little loyalty to their previous customers they could have saved everyone a hell of a lot of converting and wiggling. Lets face it Daz is the Poser equivalent of Microsoft, it is possible get by without using their products, but sooner or later they're gonna get you and then you're their slave... forever (evil laugh). :p Gonzo

Natolii ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 12:38 PM

:p

There is also the V4 to V3 character included in the +++Morphs item

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 12:50 PM

"... but I still think that if Daz had just a little loyalty to their previous customers they could have saved everyone a hell of a lot of converting and wiggling."

"There is also the V4 to V3 character included in the +++Morphs item"

So far the only thing that DAZ' "V4toV3" can do is to wear V3 clothing.
That's all.
No V3 textures and no body morphs whatsoever.
She can't even use custom face morphs made for standard V4.

:sad:

Now imagine a "V4toV3" that not only could wear V3 clothing, but also use V3 textures and use all of V3's bodymorphs so that custom made V3 characters like Kielo or GND2 would still work.
And that could use custom face morphs made for standard V4.

Maybe even add a slight joint/JCM morph update so that she bends like Laura/Luke or Aiko.
(Which could be easily reverted with a pose file when you use "old" clothes.)

All of that would have been pretty easy to do for DAZ.
Back then they even gave away a V2UV file so that you could convert standard V3 to use V2 textures.

Ask yourself, wouldn't such a figure been a lot more usefull to a lot more people ?   Perhaps even get more use than standard V4 ?
:rolleyes:

But of course it would have generated a lot less income for the Poserverse, wouldn't it ?

Honi soit qui mal y pense .

:tt2:  :blink:  :tt2:  :blink: :tt2:

Natolii ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 12:58 PM

Welp, that is what the V3 to V4 character is for... For raiding V3's closet. In fact, Chris did state as much...

Either way, Merchants are coming out with inexpensive v4 characters and textures (Art Collaboration for one)...

The_Great_Gonzo ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 1:45 PM

At the end of the day, Daz could have gone about this in a more customer frindly way... However they are running a business at the end of the day and in a matter of months V4 will be the new standard for poser female human models. In less than a year V3 will be living in the back reaches of the hard drive with all the other older models and we will all be singing the praises of V4 and worshipping at the shrine of Daz. (you may disagree but you know it is true) For what its worth curiosity actually got the better of me and I am gonna get me a V4... well it was gonna happen sooner or later I may as well ump on the bandwagon from the start. Gonzo

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 1:47 PM · edited Fri, 29 December 2006 at 1:52 PM

Quote - Heh. For that matter, the 3ds max box primitive doesn't have any charisma either, but, ....

No way!
That little teapot makes me weak at the knees every time I see it's nozzle sticking up!  ;) :P

V4 to V3... ?
Why would someone want to take V4 and make her into an exact copy exact texture mapping, exact morph sets as of V3... assuming they already have V3? Why not just use V3?
I'm scratching my head trying to figure out that one.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

kimber89 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 1:56 PM

Gonzo, there are actually several free outfits, morphs, clothing textures, hair & fits for V4 right now,
V4 Freebie Listing:
http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=50087

I suggest you pick these up soon! Some of the limited time ones are still available!

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 2:18 PM

"Why would someone want to take V4 and make her into an exact copy exact texture mapping, exact morph sets as of V3... assuming they already have V3?"

Perhaps to make use of V4's improved expression morphs ?
(Although any of V4's "All New And Improved" expression morphs could have been easily created for V3, too, with equal result. See KIELO for example)

"Why not just use V3?"

Personally I will continue to use modified V3 and Laura meshes, because despite V4's additional 69 (!) magnets I'm still dissapointed with her bending abilities.
(Among a lot of other things)

But people will switch to V4 just because everybody does.
Especially the top merchants.

V4 does have some improvements over V3, but so have AIKO and Laura.
I'm just thinking that completely breaking backwards compitability with V3 was more of a marketing than a technical decision.

:biggrin:

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 3:39 PM

Quote - Personally I will continue to use modified V3 and Laura meshes, because despite V4's additional 69 (!) magnets I'm still dissapointed with her bending abilities.
(Among a lot of other things)

But people will switch to V4 just because everybody does.
Especially the top merchants.

V4 does have some improvements over V3, but so have AIKO and Laura.
I'm just thinking that completely breaking backwards compitability with V3 was more of a marketing than a technical decision.

:biggrin:

Yeah, that is kind of what I was thinking.
I haven't had a chance to try V4 yet myself. What I've seen so far from other people's renders, I don't see really drastic improvement in facial expressions just yet. Then again, it seems to me that in V3, her facial expressions went largely unexploited.

Aside from a pure marketing point of view, I've been wondering why people like Ayery Soul or Blackhearted or few of the other 3D elites whom obviously have superb poser and 3D skills don't come up with a completely independent mesh of their own...

Second thought, even with the very popular V3 base, there's so many variations in morphs, that the clothes fitting is sort of a PIA. I wonder how much market they would really lose by an independent base mesh...

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 4:53 PM

Quote - I haven't had a chance to try V4 yet myself. What I've seen so far from other people's renders, I don't see really drastic improvement in facial expressions just yet.

Honestly, looking through the gallery, it's pretty rare to see much expression on ANY model.  Characters posed and post-worked to the point they're about to pop out of their skin, but with smooth brows and cheeks and flat mouths.

My Freebies

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 1:24 AM

Quote - > Quote - I haven't had a chance to try V4 yet myself. What I've seen so far from other people's renders, I don't see really drastic improvement in facial expressions just yet.

Honestly, looking through the gallery, it's pretty rare to see much expression on ANY model.  Characters posed and post-worked to the point they're about to pop out of their skin, but with smooth brows and cheeks and flat mouths.

Exactly! That's just why I'm wondering if improved facial expressions would be a very compelling reason for a good number of people to want to use V4... when what's available now with V3 is under-exploited.

ccotwist3D ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 8:59 AM · edited Sat, 30 December 2006 at 9:01 AM

I think I'll still make a hybrid using the V4 head, and the V3 body, even though I like V4. It's nice to have the V3 body morphs.

winter200 ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 10:33 AM

file_364061.jpg

At first I didn't care for V4 much but the doll is now growing on me. I really do dislike the eyes, they are very flat even with a great texture, love how the morphs work!!!!!! but I wish there were more more more!  I'm looking forward to seeing what is developed for her.  A face by just dialing.

takezo3001 ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 11:40 AM

Quote - I do kind of agree with the OP, for right now.  I bought the V4 pro pack and have been fiddling around with it.  For anyone who's seen my gallery, I love to take facial morphs and dial them where they're not meant to go to get a specific look I want.  I find myself having a hard time right now doing that with V4.

But I know, in time, there will be more products/morphs/whathaveyou that you can shake a stick at.  So I have faith, but for now, I'm sticking to V3.

I found out that if you go to that seperate morph, and go into it's Paremeter settings you can change the min/max for those pesky V4 settings!

shinwa ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 3:30 PM

Attached Link: Example

I like her, but I dunno why my renders are coming out so shiny. @_@

Fumanshoo ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 4:11 PM · edited Sat, 30 December 2006 at 4:13 PM

I can understand about the complaints on how Daz packaged the Complete pack versus the Pro Pack and the separation of the Hi-res and wet skin textures. I can also understand the complaints about the lack of individual muscle morphs vs. universal "toned" muscle morphs.

However, I cannot agree with the complaints that V4 lacks charisma. All the millenium figures lack charisma...that is until you as an artist, (advanced or novice), add your creativity to the figure. I mean, that is why we have these 3D programs...to use our creativity. Now, there are vendors that make great characters and textures while some other vendors lack any "real skill". The quality curve is quite large.

V4 is really new and as a new character, the higher, more exotice characters, textures, and morphs will come with time as there are only a few really food ones out there now. Even that being said, you can STILL get the most out of V4 with just the stuff that has come from the Daz website.

Here, I used the Hi-res skin plus the standard 'Grace' head morph and skull cap, and the standard bikini basics...HDRI lighting (which can be used on ANY character, figure, scene, etc in poser) plus a slight photoshop blur and overlay and I can get great results! You really have more QUALITY controls with V4 than with any of the pervious versions.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's a close up:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 5:02 PM

file_364086.jpg

Good stuff Fumanshoo...

My Freebies

aeilkema ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 6:04 PM · edited Sat, 30 December 2006 at 6:07 PM

I honestly find the V4 character to be dull and boring. 

Couldn't agree with you more and to be honest, all off the renders people show here in this thread (and many others) totally confirm this. V4 is very versatile for sure and probably the most versatile figure there is for D/S and Poser, but still she's very dull and boring.

She's completely missing what V1, V2 and even V3 to an extend do have, allure! The V's renders would blow off your socks at times, but that's completely lacking with V4. She's gone the route off all of the the post-M3/V3 figures. They have something new, but they lack big time at the same time. V4 just doesn't convince, she just doesn't have that what the old V's posses.

I still call her the ultimate barbie doll. Even when people attempt realistic renders she still has the barbie doll looks about here (even if she's fat). I've seen some stunning Sidney renders and up to this day I've seen nothing like it from V4. I'm not saying Sydney is better, she has the problem all of EF's figures do have, she alway will be Sydney. But still people can create some very convincing renders with her. Not so with V4, she lacks something big time.

To me V4 is looking like this..... she isn't finished at all, but since DAZ has promised her a long time ago they had to go with what they have. But she wasn't what they predicted her to be. When DAZ presented her at first and I looked at the promotional renders they have in their store, I said to myself: "This is what all of the hype is about? This fake looking badly rendered 3D barbie doll?"

She's lacking big time and DAZ knows it, that's why they give her away for free to pc members. Most of those people are loyal to DAZ and how can you say something bad about something you gained from your favourite 3D store for free? If she was really this great looking, convincing, leaving the competition miles behind, ultimate 3D figure for Poser and D/S then DAZ would have given it away for free.

I just love the way DAZ promotes here *The most widely supported 3D figure on the planet, Victoria, has received an incredible make-over. Victoria is back with greater realism

*If we all are truly honest and look at the promotion picturesDAZ shows with this greater realism incredible made over Victoria we all would agree that she doesn't look better at all and is very far from being realistic.

For me V4 belongs in same category where Posette and Dork are (the P4 female and male). If you do enough effort they may look reasonable, but people will always see that they're 3D figure, fake humans, just plain old 3D barbie dolls. And that's all V4 is good for and all of your renders are confirming that, but that's hard to admit, that's wy we see people becoming rude, attacking or getting off topic in this thread.

I can understand that. A lot of people have been hyped to the max, waiting so long for her, being convinced she would be the ultimate 3D figure and the truth isn't like that at all. She's very dissapointing, she's hype and that's hard to swallow. In the end DAZ didn't deliver and even I'm suprised by that. Even though I'm not a DAZ lover at all, they always have stood for quality and decent figures, but they sure have broken the trend with V4. I'm very suprised by that, I expected something mind blowing from all the fuzz DAZ made about here this last year and then she turns out to be very dissapointing, not the usual stunning decent DAZ quality.

I'm all for some how combining Sydney and V4 and then you'll have the best of the best.

So DAZ, you better drop the tagline 'The Best Just Got Better!' because she didn't. Even I will admit that V3 is the queen of Poserland and has ruled it for years, with no one being worthy enough to wear her crown and with the coming of V4 nothing has changes. V4 isn't worthy of being queen at all and has not earned the right to be called better then the best. She may rule Poserland one day, but at this moment she doesn't deverve to rule and she's not worth the investment needed to make here as good as V3.

So, were still waiting for a new queen and in all of the renders you guys have shown in this thread, V4 still looks like a barbie doll, not fit to be queen!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Natolii ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 6:19 PM

file_364090.jpg

I ain't looking for realism. The stuff I do delves into Dungeon & Dragons and other such RPGS.

Frankly, The lighting used plays a big role in the realism department. But hey, I'm looking for Demons and Dark Elves not pinups and supermodels.

;)

Fumanshoo ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 6:42 PM

Quote - I honestly find the V4 character to be dull and boring. 

Couldn't agree with you more and to be honest, all off the renders people show here in this thread (and many others) totally confirm this. V4 is very versatile for sure and probably the most versatile figure there is for D/S and Poser, but still she's very dull and boring.

She's completely missing what V1, V2 and even V3 to an extend do have, allure! The V's renders would blow off your socks at times, but that's completely lacking with V4. She's gone the route off all of the the post-M3/V3 figures. They have something new, but they lack big time at the same time. V4 just doesn't convince, she just doesn't have that what the old V's posses.

I still call her the ultimate barbie doll. Even when people attempt realistic renders she still has the barbie doll looks about here (even if she's fat). I've seen some stunning Sidney renders and up to this day I've seen nothing like it from V4. I'm not saying Sydney is better, she has the problem all of EF's figures do have, she alway will be Sydney. But still people can create some very convincing renders with her. Not so with V4, she lacks something big time.

To me V4 is looking like this..... she isn't finished at all, but since DAZ has promised her a long time ago they had to go with what they have. But she wasn't what they predicted her to be. When DAZ presented her at first and I looked at the promotional renders they have in their store, I said to myself: "This is what all of the hype is about? This fake looking badly rendered 3D barbie doll?"

She's lacking big time and DAZ knows it, that's why they give her away for free to pc members. Most of those people are loyal to DAZ and how can you say something bad about something you gained from your favourite 3D store for free? If she was really this great looking, convincing, leaving the competition miles behind, ultimate 3D figure for Poser and D/S then DAZ would have given it away for free.

I just love the way DAZ promotes here *The most widely supported 3D figure on the planet, Victoria, has received an incredible make-over. Victoria is back with greater realism

*If we all are truly honest and look at the promotion picturesDAZ shows with this greater realism incredible made over Victoria we all would agree that she doesn't look better at all and is very far from being realistic.

For me V4 belongs in same category where Posette and Dork are (the P4 female and male). If you do enough effort they may look reasonable, but people will always see that they're 3D figure, fake humans, just plain old 3D barbie dolls. And that's all V4 is good for and all of your renders are confirming that, but that's hard to admit, that's wy we see people becoming rude, attacking or getting off topic in this thread.

I can understand that. A lot of people have been hyped to the max, waiting so long for her, being convinced she would be the ultimate 3D figure and the truth isn't like that at all. She's very dissapointing, she's hype and that's hard to swallow. In the end DAZ didn't deliver and even I'm suprised by that. Even though I'm not a DAZ lover at all, they always have stood for quality and decent figures, but they sure have broken the trend with V4. I'm very suprised by that, I expected something mind blowing from all the fuzz DAZ made about here this last year and then she turns out to be very dissapointing, not the usual stunning decent DAZ quality.

I'm all for some how combining Sydney and V4 and then you'll have the best of the best.

So DAZ, you better drop the tagline 'The Best Just Got Better!' because she didn't. Even I will admit that V3 is the queen of Poserland and has ruled it for years, with no one being worthy enough to wear her crown and with the coming of V4 nothing has changes. V4 isn't worthy of being queen at all and has not earned the right to be called better then the best. She may rule Poserland one day, but at this moment she doesn't deverve to rule and she's not worth the investment needed to make here as good as V3.

So, were still waiting for a new queen and in all of the renders you guys have shown in this thread, V4 still looks like a barbie doll, not fit to be queen!

I totally get what you're saying. However, where I think you and many others are at fault is that many WANTED V4 to be THE ultimate female figure and when it failed to meet the many lofty expectations, many were greatly displeased when it was released.

I look at every figure, new or old, the same; how many add-on are available for this product, what is being proposed for upcoming add-ons and scalability in terms of supporting my expanding imagination. I like Aiko 3 as much as Aiko 19. I can utilize both in many renders. I like M3 AND D3. I'll use Jessi as well as Miki. And i'll use V4 just as I use V3. Just because V4 is the "NEW" thng to come along, it doesn't mean that she is to replace V3 as "the queen."

V4 is just another tool for me to use. If I want something sexy looking in an adult woman that doesn't have that "Amazon" with Amazon shoulders, then I'll use V4. If I WANT that Amazon look, then I'll use V3. If I want the exotic, I'll grab Miki. My point is...you can NEVER have too many tools in your toolbox!!! V4 is just another tool for me to use; another "option" to better assist me in turning my always changing imagination into 3D art.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 7:17 PM

I guess it's pretty easy to say something is bad when you can't point to something good and explain why it's good or when you have an empty gallery.  I also like the way people who don't even own a particular product are comfortable commenting extensively on something they don't have any direct experience with.  I don't care if somebody says my renders look bad - show some "amazing, charismatic, queenly renders" that aren't extensively postworked, just the raw model.

Of course some people will roll over and whine and say I'm being rude now...

My Freebies

Sivana ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 7:49 PM

I really  understand what you want to say . I have the same feelings about V4 in the moment. I think it´s beacourse I have collect so many morph-packs for V3 and I also use Hmann´s New Generation with pleasure. Also with her morph-pack,++, from my point of view V4 only has base-morphes yet and I can´t do so many different expressions yet. So I don´t use her often in the moment.

Fumanshoo ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 8:23 PM · edited Sat, 30 December 2006 at 8:25 PM

Quote - **pjz99:**I guess it's pretty easy to say something is bad when you can't point to something good and explain why it's good or when you have an empty gallery.  I also like the way people who don't even own a particular product are comfortable commenting extensively on something they don't have any direct experience with.  I don't care if somebody says my renders look bad - show some "amazing, charismatic, queenly renders" that aren't extensively postworked, just the raw model.

Of course some people will roll over and whine and say I'm being rude now...

You're being rude. LOL! :tongue2:

Quote - Sivana:
I really  understand what you want to say . I have the same feelings about V4 in the moment. I think it´s beacourse I have collect so many morph-packs for V3 and I also use Hmann´s New Generation with pleasure. Also with her morph-pack,++, from my point of view V4 only has base-morphes yet and I can´t do so many different expressions yet. So I don´t use her often in the moment.

The V4 ++morphs contain well over 200 head morphs to change V4's expressions. I think people aren't used to the new function/group names of the morphs and how they affect the figure. There are certainly morph targets in this morph pack which allows the user to tweak the figures in more subtle ways than what V3 offered. Is it better? That is up to the user and his/her preferences. Also, if you want a facial expressions pack, Daz has one by a great facial creator Joelegecko for $11.95:  www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/ if you aren't yet comfortable using the ++morph dials.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 8:54 PM · edited Sat, 30 December 2006 at 9:02 PM

"The V4 ++morphs contain well over 200 head morphs to change V4's expressions."

Well, there are maybe 200 DIALS, but not 200 actual morphs.

Several of these new expression morphs are just ERC dials to activate other morphs.
A lot of morphs are also just split into "left" and "right", which is also unecessary, as P6 and P7 can split any morph along the x-axis if you want.

And there are even more ERC dials that again combine these
split morphs to "save" you dial work.  👎
So instead of a single "smile" morph you can split yourself when necessary, you now have three new dials:
"smile left", "smile right", and a dial to activate both of them simultaneously.
AND a fourth dial to activate "smile" along with several others to make a "happy" face.

Using face files instead would have been a much smarter solution and given a lot more options without adding a gazillion of new dials.

So after close examination, there are only about a dozend genuinely "new" expression morphs in V4's cr2 that were not available for V3.

And while  we can now enjoy such amazing new sculpting morphs like "lacrimal size", a lot of usefull V3 head morphs are missing.

But I'm very sure either DAZ or some independent artist will create an extended face sculpting pack, soon.

For a little extra fee, of course.  :biggrin::rolleyes::biggrin:

Sivana ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 9:54 PM

Thanks! ;-) But I have just found the new morphes and tried them. I´m most rendering portraits only, and so I love to use many options. But I´m sure that V4 will become more usefull when time goes on.

dogor ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 10:57 PM

V3 is an awsome character PXP.  If you like to spend your money like I do. Buy from artist that listen. You'll know who they are and so will everybody when we see the products as they become available. If people work  hard to jazz up V4 like they did V3. V3 is still a great figure and now that V4 is out her stuff is getting cheaper. :)

dogor

takezo3001 ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 12:58 AM

I am FALLING for this chick!<--Not literally!}
I spent the day playin' with her, and she's an absolutely brilliant figure to work with! Did you know that her eye area actually moves in conjuntion with her eye movements? The only flaw that I see is there should've been individual muscle groups as in the past Mil-chars! But no matter, as her joint rigging more than makes up for it!<--Or until they release the muscle-morphs!}

ATTN: THIS IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARDS ANYONE!

I'm just having some fun with her "Charisma"!

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 1:06 AM

See, now that's a character with "character".  Neat composition imo.

My Freebies

takezo3001 ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 1:26 AM

Quote - See, now that's a character with "character".  Neat composition imo.

THANKS! I love your Heroines as well!

The Figure's character usually comes from the one who is creating, not the other way around! ;^)

Natolii ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 2:48 AM

Bingo.

Quote - > Quote - See, now that's a character with "character".  Neat composition imo.

THANKS! I love your Heroines as well!

The Figure's character usually comes from the one who is creating, not the other way around! ;^)

ccotwist3D ( ) posted Sun, 31 December 2006 at 7:35 AM · edited Sun, 31 December 2006 at 7:41 AM

Hmm, perhaps we need to define charisma. The Oxford English dictionary gives this definition of the word. I'd give the unabbriged definition, but it is rather too long to type here;
charisma n. (pl. charismata) 1 a The ability to inspire followers with devotion and enthusiasm. b an attractive aura, great charm. 2 a devinely conferred power or talent. [eccl. L. f. Gk. kharisma favor f. kharis favor, grace] 1 see appeal n. **4.
**Though she is but an inamimate polygon mesh, she appears to have achieved definition 1 a, and though definition 1b could be shared by more than one person, most would agree it is largely relative, and as such,  is not applicable here. If this is the case I'm afraid there is little use in asking for help here,  as a man convincved against his will is usually a man not convinced. I could type the definition of the word appeal, but it too, is relative, unless you meant one of the many other defintions, in which case, I'm afraid I've misunderstood you alltogether. You haven't given anyone here much else to go on, even if they were merchants, which seemed to be your intended audience. I suppose V4 will just have to remain uncharasmatic for you, or whatever you meant by that. I'm afraid we can't help you. This happens in life you know. Good luck in your search.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.