Mon, Sep 23, 6:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 4:44 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: CRC check failed - Anyone getting this error when trying to unzip a Renderosity

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 8:38 AM

Canada (cogeco) is having no problems with the site...

seems to suggest there's a routing issue.

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 9:25 AM · edited Mon, 30 June 2008 at 9:28 AM

Virginia

and winrar can not open the files completely either.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

jaguarwoman ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 9:43 AM

Send this thread back to the top.

I respectfully request that you please provide alternatives for those buying products who cannot download them and/or extract them. 

I understand and empathize with the fact that the network/server/programming issues may be thorny and difficult to troubleshoot because I've directly experienced it myself with my own business.  But that is no reason not to address the customer needs in other ways:  provide a quick refund and promise of future improved service AND/OR manually send the product from an alternate server.  If I, as a small business owner, with myself as sole employee, can do as much 7 days a week, I do not expect less from Renderosity.  The credibility of the business on which many of us, both  Vendors and customers, depend requires no less.

If, as you have said, this problem is restricted to only a "few" downloads, it should not be a big effort to take the appropriate and intelligent business action.

Just opting out for the weekend is not a good business plan.

Dana Sitarzewski
Jaguarwoman Designs
http://www.jaguarwoman.com

Mitzibear ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 9:46 AM · edited Mon, 30 June 2008 at 9:47 AM

As a customer I would just like the say thank you for postingt This. I agree 100% with you!!!

Quote - Send this thread back to the top.

I respectfully request that you please provide alternatives for those buying products who cannot download them and/or extract them. 

I understand and empathize with the fact that the network/server/programming issues may be thorny and difficult to troubleshoot because I've directly experienced it myself with my own business.  But that is no reason not to address the customer needs in other ways:  provide a quick refund and promise of future improved service AND/OR manually send the product from an alternate server.  If I, as a small business owner, with myself as sole employee, can do as much 7 days a week, I do not expect less from Renderosity.  The credibility of the business on which many of us, both  Vendors and customers, depend requires no less.

If, as you have said, this problem is restricted to only a "few" downloads, it should not be a big effort to take the appropriate and intelligent business action.

Just opting out for the weekend is not a good business plan.

MKeyes ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 10:33 AM · edited Mon, 30 June 2008 at 10:36 AM

Okay, I just purchased a package yesterday - Needed it very badly, and I get a feeling, I am going to have to re-buy something else because it's a business matter that I need it for, a book cover! Oh this is not a good time for this.

I bought V4 Native American outfit by Renapd and I downloaded it and it came up with the CRC failed, corrupted file! I redownloaded it again and re-tried the extract - same thing. Then I went to Alzip and updated the unzip file untility with the most current and tried it again. Same issue. I have used Alzip for 5 years now and never any problem.

I then tried Winzip - newest version - same problem. So I emailed Renapd and she stated I should get rid of files on computer, try out, GetRight - which I've downloaded and redownload from RMP - which I went to do after having tried that and it stated my download limit had been reached! So I need that reset please... in the meantime, I will answer the above query.

===================================================
Here is what we need to know from everyone having the problem:

1.  Who is your ISP?
    **      Virgin Media**

2.  What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)?
      **    Cable - 20mg speed - the fastest!**

3)  What OS do you run and what version and service packs?
     Windows XP and all the latest Service packs - set at auto updates!

4)  What software is used to Unzip the file?  (version & service packs)
      Alzip - the latest updated version - also - Winzip latest! Same results

5)  Do you use any type of download manager?
      No ... just now going to try GetRight as soon as my download is reset!

1.  What Anit-virus software are you running?
          Avast! - Never had any problems with it either! All my Daz downloads work fine.

7)  What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)?
      The size of the two files say, file 1) 20.54mgs file 2) 21.42 and on my computer the sizes are, 1.) 21,034 - and the second item I don't know because I've exceeded my downloads trying to get them to work and NO ONE has reset them so I can RE-Download the second file! The first two sets I downloaded, I deleted from the files as I was told now I only have ONE of the files now!

1. What browser do you use?
         I mostly use Firefox - but I also have IE which I tried the second and third time, still the same results!
    And last ... from the UK - England! Problem!
    =============================================================

Now here is the order number, which was from yesterday... #111424136 - can someone PLEASE RESET my order so that I can re-try downloading it with GetRight ??? This is really holding me up! I can't believe this! I should have gone with the ranger set from Daz3d which ironically, was cheaper! LOL - and I chose this set, and I can't even use it because it won't work!

Daz Studio is searching for files that it can't find because they were corrupted!!!

MKeyes ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 10:57 AM

Having read through the thread, I too have seen the site load wonky, where I had to refresh 2 X's and some gallery images distorted as was shown. At the time, I thought my graphics card was acting up - now I don't think so.

I also think the problem is a Bondware problem - because two days ago, I had this issue from RuntimeDNA with a sale item that loaded corrupt. I had to re-download it three times and finally it worked because it was a small file that was only a prop that ended up working okay.

This package I've purchased however, not so cheap - is NOT working! Has anyone reset my downloads yet???

And if it doesn't work after this download, I'm going to have to ask for a refund to purchase this set at Daz3d - http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=5685&_m=d - besides it's cheaper than the set from here - which is the one that I prefer - but if it won't work, there's nothing I can do about that - I have to go with what "Works!"

So please, reset - so I can try it again! Please!

Mitzibear ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 11:04 AM · edited Mon, 30 June 2008 at 11:08 AM

Mkeyes Just wanted to let you know I have tried redownloading my items up to 8 times and still no luck. I have asked the vendor for a refund as Rendo said that is what I have to do. So waiting to hear back from vendor. rendo doesn't seem to care at all cause it's only affecting a few of us. Ok let me rephrase that its not that they don't care they just don't seem to be doing much at all the help us out.

Mitzibear ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 11:09 AM

Also Mkeyes have you wrote the vendor to see if they will upload the zip file for you to a different site. I actually had one nice vendor do that for me and she is someone I would buy from again :)

MKeyes ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 11:23 AM

Yes I did write the vendor - this is the reply that I got...

=========================================
Mkeyes,
you need to redownload from RMP... the corruption of the file occured during your transfer so it is on your end the problem.. not the zip itself! It has sold over 500 items and none ever complained so you need to try again and watch over the download so the final zip file you get is what your download window states once it starts! Using GetRight might help to get the file right also...
I have no idea on what sort of connection you are but trust me when I say you need to redownload the file after deleting whatever you've got of the old one in your PC. It's the only way and a common glitch that can happen to anyone.. no need to panic! :)

Rena

=========================================

I will try again - to be on the fair side, because I really need this particular set for the book cover I'm working on. But if it doesn't work - then I'll contact the vendor once more, sending her to this thread.

Thanks Mitzibear!

MKeyes ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 11:38 AM

Well - first, thanks for the reset - and this time, I used GetRight - and it's still not right! I used IE to download it. I received a complete download and nothing.

I've messaged the merchant, supplied this forum link so she wouldn't think I was making this up - and requested if she could please supply a link from her personal saved file. I will let her know that it didn't work, as the believe copied and pasted error message shows...

================================

Extracting to "C:Program FilesDAZStudiocontent"
Use Path: yes   Overlay Files: no
Extracting LINKtoDOWNLOAD_BONUS.txt
Extracting Readme-RT-V4NA.txt
Extracting V4NAcloth_rpd01.jpg
CRC check failed
Error: Unable to extract "C:Program FilesDAZStudiocontentRuntimeTexturesRPDstylingRTv4NAV4NAcloth_rpd01.jpg".

The size of the extracted file (4154663) does not match the uncompressed size (4154674) recorded in the Zip file
Extracting V4NAcloth_rpd02.jpg
Error:  Invalid compressed data to expand (inflate) the file
Extracting V4NAearA_rpd01.jpg
Extracting V4NAearA_rpd01t.jpg
Extracting V4NAearA_rpd02.jpg
Extracting V4NAearA_rpd03.jpg
Extracting V4NAearA_rpd04.jpg
Extracting V4NAearB_rpd01.jpg
Extracting V4NAearB_rpd01t.jpg
Extracting V4NAearB_rpd02.jpg
Extracting V4NAearB_rpd03.jpg
Extracting V4NAearB_rpd04.jpg
Extracting V4NAhdband_rpd01.jpg
Extracting V4NAhdband_rpd02.jpg
Extracting V4NAhdband_rpd03.jpg
Extracting V4NAhdband_rpd04.jpg
Extracting V4NAmocs_rpd01.jpg
Extracting V4NAmocs_rpd01t.jpg
Extracting V4NAmocs_rpd02.jpg
Extracting V4NAmocs_rpd03.jpg
Extracting V4NAmocs_rpd04.jpg
Extracting V4NAneck_rpd01.jpg
Extracting V4NAneck_rpd01t.jpg
Extracting V4NAneck_rpd02.jpg
Extracting V4NAneck_rpd03.jpg
CRC check failed
Error: Unable to extract "C:Program FilesDAZStudiocontentRuntimeTexturesRPDstylingRTv4NAV4NAneck_rpd03.jpg".

The size of the extracted file (278810) does not match the uncompressed size (278856) recorded in the Zip file
Extracting V4NAneck_rpd04.jpg
Extracting V4NAshwl_rpd01.jpg
Extracting V4NAshwl_rpd01t.jpg
Extracting V4NAshwl_rpd02.jpg
CRC check failed
Error: Unable to extract "C:Program FilesDAZStudiocontentRuntimeTexturesRPDstylingRTv4NAV4NAshwl_rpd02.jpg".

The size of the extracted file (515912) does not match the uncompressed size (515915) recorded in the Zip file
Extracting V4NAshwl_rpd03.jpg
Extracting V4NAshwl_rpd04.jpg
Extracting V4NAskrt_rpd01.jpg
Extracting V4NAskrt_rpd01t.jpg
Extracting V4NAskrt_rpd02.jpg
Extracting V4NAskrt_rpd03.jpg
CRC check failed
Error: Unable to extract "C:Program FilesDAZStudiocontentRuntimeTexturesRPDstylingRTv4NAV4NAskrt_rpd03.jpg".

The size of the extracted file (1590442) does not match the uncompressed size (1590470) recorded in the Zip file
Extracting V4NAskrt_rpd04.jpg
CRC check failed
Error: Unable to extract "C:Program FilesDAZStudiocontentRuntimeTexturesRPDstylingRTv4NAV4NAskrt_rpd04.jpg".

The size of the extracted file (1663149) does not match the uncompressed size (1663271) recorded in the Zip file
Extracting V4NAtee_rpd01.jpg
Extracting V4NAtee_rpd02.jpg
Extracting V4NAtee_rpd03.jpg
Extracting V4NAtee_rpd04.jpg
Error:  Invalid compressed data to expand (inflate) the file
info:  overwriting read only, system, or hidden file C:Program FilesDAZStudiocontentlicense.txt
Extracting license.txt

MGD ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 11:51 AM

I see that MKeyes contacted the vendor and was told,

the corruption of the file occured during your transfer so it is on your end the problem

This is a typical example of bad, inept, callous, untrained tech support.  The "Blame the User" form of tech support. 

After all, if the vendor gets a payment and you don't get the product ... someone was stealing from you. 

As to a correction ... winZIP 9.0 (and above) have the ability to split a ZIP file into to allow eMail.  The RMP could use that program to split a large ZIP into sections of ... say, 1.4MBy and eMail each of those parts.  The purchaser could then extract those parts into a single folder and use winZIP to get the product.  BTW, at this point we don't know if such eMail messages would also become corrupted, do we? 

Another possibility would be for the RMP to copy the affected ZIP files to a notebook PC; take that PC to a reliable internet connection; upload the ZIP files to different ISP and notify the affected users aboout the alternate file locations. 

Of course, first they would have to recognize the need to be serious about this issue.  ... and spend a little money. 

Comments ... please. 

--
Martin

Mitzibear ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 11:52 AM

Mkeyes i woudl write and tell her its not on your end and your not the only one having trouble and even point her to this topic to show her its a rendo problem. I would also ask if there is a way you could upload it for you to download somewhere else.

Mitzibear ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 11:55 AM

Like I said When the one vendor uploaded it to her site for me I had no troubles what so ever with the zip file.

MGD ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 11:57 AM

I see that MKeyes followed the advice from the vendor and,

used GetRight - and it's still not right

That's about what I expected ... as explained in my message posted Sun, Jun 29, 2008 11:26 pm in response to **ockham. **

--
Martin

MKeyes ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 12:26 PM

Error here to correct...

"...I've messaged the merchant, supplied this forum link so she wouldn't think I was making this up - and requested if she could please supply a link from her personal saved file. I will let her know that it didn't work, as the believe copied and pasted error message shows..."

This makes it sound like she sent me her copy and IT didn't work! Wrongly worded, I haven't heard from her yet as to say if she will let me download her source, but if and when she does, I will let you know if that copy of it worked.

scanmead ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 1:18 PM

Would error logs from a browser console help with the page display errors at all? Every single one I'm getting with Opera is linked to the style sheet. Firefox is finding the same errors.

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 1:21 PM

Dunno if this will help any but here's a traceroute from my PC to www.renderosity.com.  I don't appear to have any problems at the moment

Tracing route to www.renderosity.com [66.18.125.150]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.2.1
  2     9 ms     9 ms     8 ms  10.11.72.1
  3    12 ms    12 ms    12 ms  osr01hawk-v15.inet.ntl.com [195.188.230.161]
  4    15 ms    13 ms    14 ms  osr01azte-tenge73.inet.ntl.com [195.188.230.57]
  5     8 ms    10 ms    10 ms  aztw-t3core-1a-ge-010-0.inet.ntl.com [80.1.240.69]
  6    12 ms    11 ms    41 ms  win-bb-a-so-200-0.inet.ntl.com [213.105.175.157]
  7    13 ms    13 ms    14 ms  bre-bb-b-so-100-0.inet.ntl.com [213.105.172.234]
  8    17 ms    14 ms    15 ms  195.50.91.129
  9    18 ms    26 ms    26 ms  ae-31-55.ebr1.London2.Level3.net [4.68.117.158]
 10    25 ms    13 ms    21 ms  ae-2.ebr1.Paris1.Level3.net [4.69.133.93]
 11    20 ms    34 ms    20 ms  ae-1-100.ebr2.Paris1.Level3.net [4.69.133.82]
 12    32 ms    96 ms   105 ms  ae-43.ebr2.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.137.58]
 13    95 ms   108 ms    96 ms  ae-82-82.csw3.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.134.154]
 14   104 ms   107 ms   109 ms  ae-81-81.ebr1.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.134.137]
 15    99 ms   114 ms   123 ms  ae-2.ebr3.Atlanta2.Level3.net [4.69.132.85]
 16   111 ms   110 ms   112 ms  ae-22-52.car2.Atlanta1.Level3.net [4.68.103.35]
 17   111 ms   115 ms   110 ms  ae-22-52.car2.Atlanta1.Level3.net [4.68.103.35]
 18   118 ms     *        *     ge-10-4.car1.Nashville4.Level3.net [4.68.107.222]
 19     *        *      120 ms  v13.nd1.nas.peak10.net [67.216.160.25]
 20   120 ms   122 ms   118 ms  cs01.bna2.rentech.net [66.18.99.72]
 21   119 ms   119 ms   119 ms  cs01.bna2.rentech.net [66.18.99.72]
 22   120 ms   120 ms   121 ms  renderosity.lb-1.bondware.com [66.18.125.150]

Trace complete.

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

JeniferC ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 2:49 PM

I greatly appreciate everyone working with us. We are still in the middle of troubleshooting the problem.

Here is what we have to date:
Bad News: We still have not been able to duplicate the problem, over the week-end I used three different computers in three different neighboring cities, running three different types OS, anti-virus, unzip, etc. 

Good News: We have a member who is having the problem working closely with us and we have determined the problem to be files that are over 1 mb.  Based on some other variables we have ruled out, we are down to just a few options.  We are working now to rule out those last few possibilities.

It DOES appear to be a routing issue at our co-location facility. We are coordinating our efforts with the co-lo's technical staff in order to isolate the variables and rule out the last few remaining possibilities. 

We will work to ensure everyone can get the files that they purchased. We haven't gone the route of putting files on another outside server, because of security issues around making sure the files are protected and can only be downloaded by the people that have bought them. However, if this problem cannot be solved soon, we will work out the delivery.

MGD ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 3:16 PM

I see that JeniferC has,

determined the problem to be files that are over 1 mb

I wouldn't hang my hat on that peg. 

I was seeing corupted images from the gallery this morning ... and, as you know, gallery images are limited to 500k. 

Do you need results from a trace route command (on windoze, tracert)? 

--
Martin

Mitzibear ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 3:27 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2008 at 3:28 PM

However if this problem cannot be solved soon how will us few who can't unzip always get our downloads? Will you always be putting them on a different server for us or are we going to have to contact you ever time we buy something? I mean really if it can't be solved what are we to hope for in the future?

JeniferC ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 3:37 PM

We have every intention of solving this problem. The only question is when, so the making files available through some other way is just a  short term solution.

MKeyes ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 3:43 PM

This is all well and good, but I'm sitting here, wondering how much longer must I wait? I've contact the merchant and have gotten no reply. I'm trying not to ask for a refund because I want what I purchased, it suits the purpose for which I bought it, however, I paid yesterday ... and today, I'm still waiting for something to happen.

I've tried all that was suggested - I need a solution and soon - I don't feel it's right to have to wait around like this. I need to either use this what I purchased, or get refunded so I can make a purchase elsewhere.

I didn't buy this clothing set because I have a hot idea in mind for an art piece, I purchased it because I need it for a book cover, this is business for me right now ... so I need to know what are my options?

Refund or download that works???

Mitzibear ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 3:55 PM

Mkeyes I have been waiting since last thursday for something to happen. I agree its not right to have to wait around for these items especially since we have paid for them. I did get one of my items thanks to the vendor but still sadly waiting on a refund or the other item.

Mitzibear ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 4:13 PM

Well thanks to the other vendor I now have my Other product. YAY. Mkeyes I do hope you get your product soon as well.

angeladami ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 4:43 PM
  1. What is your ISP?  Cox communication
  2. What type of service do you have?  Cable broadband 100 Mbps.
  3. What OS do you run, etc? XP Home SP 2
  4. What software is used to unzip? Win rar first, then win zip tried it on my computer first and then my Boy friends, (with both zip programs) neither worked and both would unzip the file but come back with error extracting 'insert file name here' for various files. I also tried opening it with poser 7 in house  unzip/content installer.
  5. Do you use any type of download manager?  the one that comes with fire fox 3
  6. What Antivirus are you running? avir antivir personal down loaded two files when the issue happend the one went fine and is completely useable
  7. What is file size before and after? the size for one down load attempt was 21,804kb, the second attempt was 23,300kb, and the third attempt was 20,024kb. some how I really dont think the same file should be downloading in three difrent sizes from the same site, using the same d/l manager and the same browser on the same computer.
  8. Browser: Firefox 3

I've now sent two requests in to get the file reset  and I still have no reset on my file.

KristiS ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 4:47 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2008 at 7:28 PM

I have just responded to your email you sent to store@renderosity.com letting you know I reset your downloads as you requested.

I saw your post and wanted to let you know here in case you did not get my email.

Thank you for your patience and have a nice day!

Kristi

Community Relations Specialist

This is your life - your platform - your stage - your story  

angeladami ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 4:50 PM

Thank you very much, I wont try to download again though un till there is been some progress made with this issue.

KristiS ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 5:02 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2008 at 7:28 PM

You're welcome : )

Kristi

Community Relations Specialist

This is your life - your platform - your stage - your story  

MGD ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 6:12 PM

I see that on Mon, Jun 30, 2008 2:49 pm, JeniferC was considering,

putting files on another outside server,

but,

because of security issues around making sure the files
... can only be downloaded by the people that have bought them

That is trivial to accomplish ...

On that temporary server, you upload the zip files into folders named renderosity/key[n]/
where key[n] is a different 8-digit random number for each scheduled recipient ... send
those keys by eMail to each user individually ... ask that they download promptly and say when that has been successful ... delete that buyer's zip file(s). 

Any questions???

--
Martin

tim ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 6:44 PM
Site Admin

Hey guys,

Tim Choate here.  We have been working with our colocation provider to back-off some software upgrades they recently applied to our firewall equipment.  We wanted to see if this was the cause of the file corruption problem.  This work is now complete.

Since we have been unable to reproduce the problem here, we would like to hear from folks  that reported problems above to see if this may have cleared up the download problems.

tim

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 6:48 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2008 at 6:48 PM

Tim,

It seems to have done so for me, I managed to download and install one of the files I purchased. 

I'll try the other if  Order#: 111422603 gets reset for me.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Mitzibear ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 6:54 PM

This did not work for me. I have these files already but still When i download them from your site I still get this when I try to open the zip

!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairLK-Rose-A4-1_64774.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeLibrariesPoseLK-A4LK-Rose23 Rose-MU4.png. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairLK-Rose-A4-1_64774.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesLK-A4LK-RoseRose-eye2.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairLK-Rose-A4-1_64774.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesLK-A4LK-RoseRose-eyesurface.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairLK-Rose-A4-1_64774.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesLK-A4LK-RoseRose-lashes.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairLK-Rose-A4-1_64774.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesLK-A4LK-RoseRose-MU2.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairLK-Rose-A4-1_64774.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesLK-A4LK-RoseRose-MU4.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairLK-Rose-A4-1_64774.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesLK-A4LK-RoseRose-torso1.jpg. The file is corrupt
!   C:UsersPinkDocumentsDazStudioHairLK-Rose-A4-1_64774.zip: CRC failed in RuntimeTexturesLK-A4LK-RoseRose-torsoBMP.jpg. The file is corrupt

Madmachine ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 6:55 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2008 at 6:56 PM

No hitter here.  5 sluggish downloads, 5 zip files full of CRC errors

thanos67 ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 7:07 PM
  1. Who is your ISP? Integra
  2. What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)? DSL
  3. What OS do you run and what version and service packs? XP Service Pack 3
  4. What software is used to Unzip the file? (version & service packs) WinZip 11.2 Pro
  5. Do you use any type of download manager? No
  6. What Anit-virus software are you running? Norton2007
  7. What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)? before 7.3 after 7.3
  8. What browser do you use? Windows Explorer

I ran into this problem of failed CRC's and "invalid compressed date to inflate" on monday june 23 and june 28 before that no problems at all.

I tried to unzip it with Winzip 8.1 I upgraded to Winzip 11.2 Pro and still bad CRC's. I used Winrar and that did not work. I deleted and redownloaded no luck. Used my other computer (Alienware, XP service pack3,winzip8.1,no downloadmanager, norton2008,windows explorer) and still the same problem. I tried right click and hit explore and tried to copy the runtime folder and that did not work. And downloaded the Test Packet and was unable to unzip that too. Some have posted that when A page is downloading they get green and pink on half the picture and the right side of the page where you login etc.. does not show up I have been getting that too.

Does anyone now how I can get my purchases unzipped?

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 7:32 PM

Hey LSM,

I have reset your downloads for you on the order number you gave above so you can try again:)

Thanks

maraich ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 7:35 PM

Just placed a  new order and getting this issue again.

1.  Who is your ISP? COX Cable
  2.  What type of Service do you have (dial-up, dsl, cable, etc)? Cable
    3)  What OS do you run and what version and service packs? Windows XP SP2
    4)  What software is used to Unzip the file?  (version & service packs) Winzip 10
    5)  Do you use any type of download manager? No
  3.  What Anit-virus software are you running? AVG 8.0
    7)  What is the file size stated on Bondware before downloading and what is the file size your computer has after downloading (but before trying to unzip)? 18.88 and 18.8
  4. What browser do you use? Firefox 3

3-DArena ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 7:44 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2008 at 7:45 PM

Quote - Hey LSM,

I have reset your downloads for you on the order number you gave above so you can try again:)

Thanks

Ok, I tried again, but that file will not open.

The file that still will not open is a 22.77MB file
The file that would not open yesterday but opens today is 1.42Mb

-Galileo

featherwitch ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 7:47 PM

Nope...tried "Milan V4" again...even cleared browser cache...no luck...

tim ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 8:11 PM
Site Admin

Okay - we made a few more server config changes if you could give it another try.

Thanks,
tim

Momcat ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 8:36 PM

No joy..same errors

Mitzibear ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 8:42 PM

Nope still the same thing on my end.

tim ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 8:42 PM
Site Admin

Momcat,

Do you have a way to connect to another ISP?  Maybe dial-up or grab a wireless connection from a neighbor, etc?  I'd love to know if this is ISP specific.

TC

Momcat ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 9:09 PM

I might.  I think my husband kept his dial up account.  I'll let you know when he gets back from the store.

tim ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 9:34 PM
Site Admin

One other possibility.  In researching this issue, I came across a known problem with Netgear routers corrupting file downloads.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=6662

I'm curious if anyone here is using a Netgear router?  If so, you might try the solution proposed in the Netgear forums above.

tim

Unicornst ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 9:46 PM

Attached Link: EasyZip

**Something else most having problems seem to have in common is the zipping utility used. Seems it's either Win-Zip or Win-Rar . While I can't state what is wrong or even come close to making any suggestions, I can state that the utility EasyZip has never failed me for being able to open zips. Even those that Win-Zip has given me errors about. It's small and free and worth a try until Rendo can get this thing figured out. Link at the top for those who wish to try it and see if it helps. Unfortunately, it's only for Windows and not MAC users.**

MGD ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 9:48 PM

I downloaded the  2007's press kit info ZIP file 3 times ... while trying to extract the PDF, I got 3 different errors. 

--
Martin

MGD ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 10:07 PM

I see that tim mentioned some issues with,

Netgear routers corrupting file downloads.

I am using a Netgear WGT624 V3 router. 

I followed the link to WGR614vX - corrupt downloads: disable SPI and read those forum entries.  Strange stuff ... the originator (ZeBoxx) certainly did his homework. 

I made the changes suggested and 3 out of 3 downloads worked properly ... this does look like a solution ... at least for everyone who has a netgear router. 

Tim, as a double check, could you have your ISP contact netgear to find out if this an inherent problem with SPI or if it is a problem with the netgear implementation. 

Thanks

--
Martin
p.s. Do you have any idea why this came up only after switching to a new ISP? 

Momcat ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 10:14 PM

I was able to get a successful extraction using a connection via my husband's cell phone (T-Mobil)

We also have Netgear.  I'll check out that link and see if that will help

Momcat ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 10:23 PM

Woohoo!  The Netgear fix did the trick.  The question is now:

Why would this happen only now?  What is the relationship between my router and Renderosity's new servers?

Also, this darned scroll up after hitting the enter key while posting as extremely annoying, lol.  That is still happening.

angeladami ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 10:26 PM

Wow, and to think its the router.
Sure enough we disabled the SPI on our netgear and file extracted with no errors, runs perfectly in poser.

TY MGD for letting us in of this!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.