Sun, Sep 22, 4:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:04 pm)

Subject: What's that about Alyson?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 12:55 AM

file_437669.jpg

Is this thread for merchants wares or can anyone play?

I finally had time to do a proper morph. Still needs a bit of tweeking but close.

3Dream ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 3:49 AM · edited Sat, 22 August 2009 at 3:59 AM

My 3 free face morphs without textures:

My free face morphs change the head and eyes group.
The scalp shape is manteined.
In my free face morphs, I have changed a lot the default Alyson face. I made a lot of changes in the eyes, lashes, lips, nose, ears...

Sorry for my bad English.

STOREhttps://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/vendors/3Dream

FREEBIEShttps://www.renderosity.com/users/3Dream/freestuff

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 4:51 AM

" Geez, you're a tough critic. :-)"

LOL -- maybe so. But look at the arch of the eyebrows, how they're vectored down to the nose, how the eyes almost always seem to be squinting. In the default, that mouth looks positively feral in some of the images.

If I aw this woman in a bar, I'd make a point of either (1) making sure she had my back or (2) staying on the other side of the room.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

carodan ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 11:14 AM

Quote -  Just for grins, here's the untextured version for Carodan

I know it sounds strange to see a face without textures, but with a character morph what we're primarily dealing with is the underlying poly/vertex placement. Details like eyebrows, lips and skin shading in diffuse texture maps can often obscure morph structure that might not become apparent until rendered in certain lighting conditions - that's why I think it's important to morph on an untextured model. Although it's also important to refer to how the existing textures are affected by new morph shapes (to prevent unsightly stretching or drifting of details like brows and lips), it's also desirable to achieve smooth and realistic features in the morph itself. I actually would prefer to have to do a little work on the texture details in Photoshop than to try and make the morph work with the textures, but perhaps that's just me.
We can see with Alyson's default face in preview mode or from an untextured render a few potential problems in her mesh - those dimples in her cheeks and the polys around the eyebrows. When rendered these can look rather ugly and cause all kinds of artifacts with RT shadows.
I've been finding these areas on Alyson inparticular are difficult to deal with using the morph brush for example - try smoothing the cheek dimples using the morph brush. I get sharp creases developing.
When you take a look at her untextured face you also notice the sharp modelling around the top of the upper lip. This looks better when rendered with polygon smoothing enabled but all the same I'd prefer to smooth them out a little before.
I think that SM's strategy of returning to base figures with a multitude of shaping morphs for character diversity is a sound move, I just think there are a few problems inherent in the mesh that reveal themselves when some of the morphs are applied (even in quite moderate strength).

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 2:55 PM

Different strokes for different folks, Sean. I happen to like most of these morphs. Especially Taya from Deecey.

3Dream: Can we see that anime face textured and rendered?

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 3:03 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_437707.png

Taya will be going up on Content Paradise as a freebie, I am just waiting for them to set me up.

8-)

In the meantime I'm also working on a smooth body morph too ... want a quick preview? I have to smooth the transition from Taya's head to the smoothed body because I did the heads before I did the body.  That will be taken care of before I put her up.

Taya, Grace, and the "Smooth Operator" body will all be in the same file. I'm thinking it would be best to distribute as an injectable PMD file so that it can be added to default Alyson.

HeyDork ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2009 at 3:26 PM

Alysons lips are brutal, wayyyyy toooo wide.
3Dream seems to have tackled it though.

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 6:19 AM

I agree, 3d's lips and nose look goood.

I just hate the way these eyelashes get in the way of my zbrushing. I remember seeing a tut on how to export without them but I forget now and dont want to run into the wrong # of verts.

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 10:01 AM

I think if you look in the Antonia thread, you'll find something about using grouping in order to hide "parts" you don't want to see (and then export). Should be about 4 pages or so from the end of the thread.

Of course... who wants to export from Poser?

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

andolaurina ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 11:27 AM

3Dream, how did you keep the dimple area so smooth?  I really had to fight with that.  Nice work.  I love all your stuff, especially your incredible hair models. (And, your English is just fine.)

Carodan, totally agree with your post.  Well said.

When it's all said & done, I wonder why some of these big modeling houses like SM don't hire that 3D scanning mobile truck company they use out in Hollywood and have a full body scan done of a beautiful model (who is not a waif). Those people are experts in smoothing out the mesh and reducing the poly count.  I can't think of the name of the company right now.  Anyway, maybe it's too expensive.  But, starting with real human head would go a long way for realism.  I thought that's the way DAZ did it for their Elite morphs.  I would be shocked if Alyson was a 3D scan of a real human head based on the unusual proportions.

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

3Dream ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 1:05 PM

Hello Andolaurina

My free face morphs for Alyson get very smooth in the dimple area because I make the morphs using the low resolution Alyson figure.
It's easier to me to create the face morphs with the low resolution figure.
Then, I convert the morph I have created to the high resolution figure.
This is the reason why my morphs look smooth in the dimple area.

Please do not ask me how do I convert the morphs because the way I make it, it's a tooooooo complicated process that it's very dificult to explain and that includes several aplications/programs.

Maybe someone can find a less complicated process than mine to convert the morphs from the LR figure to HR figure

andolaurina ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 3:15 PM

Ah ha, that explains it. Thanks, 3Dream.

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 5:48 PM

Well, I can make the morphs in the Lo Res figures,
subdevide the mesh,
import in Poser as morph target for the high res versions,
Everything works.
Exept the morph. if applied, al the poly's  im-ex-plode and all go wild.

Any solution is welcome, thanks.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 8:32 PM · edited Tue, 25 August 2009 at 8:46 PM

file_437979.jpg

I just wanted to give folks that liked her a heads up that I've uploaded Taya and two other head morphs (as well as a full body smoothing and fixup morph) to Content Paradise free stuff.  I wasn't sure if it was cool to post it in the Free Stuff forum here (I'm a bit confused as to what is going on with that, if it's for Rendo freebies or all freebies! LOL)

Anyway, look for "Smooth Operator" ... free is good, right? 8-)

3dactor ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 8:54 PM

vilters: the problem with that solution is that the low res figure has a different poly count and can't be used for morph targets for the high res version. I suspect the workflow 3Dream had mentioned involves a 3rd party app and some retargeting of morph from low to high in that app before exporting there  and importing as a morph target. sounds too much for me. 
Why not just morph the high res figure? if that is your target.

Deecey: Thanks!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 9:09 PM

3Dream and Deecey! Your morphs are both LOVELY! 

I went a different route with my Alice.. one of my friends called her a drag queen >_< I don't personally think she looks like that though but...

I've never sold directly from CP.. are they any good, saleswise?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 9:14 PM · edited Tue, 25 August 2009 at 9:14 PM

To be honest, I'm not sure ... I only just recently resigned up again so that I could put the freebies up. Did commission work for them in the past, and only had a small handful of other items that I did with Arien there, but that was a long while back.

It might be a while before I have the time to do a full-blown retail quality product, so you might do better asking someone else LOL 

And your Alyson morph honestly DOES remind me of someone, but honest to God I can't think of who. All I know is I've seen that face before!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 9:32 PM

She personally reminds me of some Vicky version. Not sure but it might be V2. It wasn't intentional though. But when she was done, she reminded me of someone, too :)

Actually I'd like to know who ...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 9:58 PM

Quote -  vilters: the problem with that solution is that the low res figure has a different poly count and can't be used for morph targets for the high res version. I suspect the workflow 3Dream had mentioned involves a 3rd party app and some retargeting of morph from low to high in that app before exporting there  and importing as a morph target. sounds too much for me. 
Why not just morph the high res figure? if that is your target.

Deecey: Thanks!

Why use the LR insted of HR is simply put. It is easier to work with the LR.

Now if 3Dream could at least tell us what software he used for the process. That would give us a hint on the hows without telling us his secretes.

Many of us have more than one app and may even have the same ones. I had thought that maybe UVMapper Pro could fix the switch after the modeling process but I have not had luck with that.  

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 10:05 PM

I've been experimenting too .. the low res mesh does subdivide to the same poly count as the high res mesh.

UV Mapper Pro is definitely helpful for a go-between, from the original OBJ to your modeling app to Poser, to make sure that the vertices don't get reordered.  Another key is to probably use the ENTIRE OBJ file and not divide it into individual body parts.

I know it can be done, but there is a lot of back and forth between the apps, and passing through UV Mapper Pro to verify UV mapping and grouping.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 25 August 2009 at 10:15 PM

That was my next test, using the full body instead of just the group. Yep, My original thought was using the vertorder tool in UVMpro. Also maybe save out the UV's as well and see if loading them to the new .obj as well.

Right now it just a guessing game. But it's something to do. LOL.

Karth ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 1:09 AM

file_437991.jpg

Thanks for all the great freebies. I like Alyson too..more than Sydney. I have render Tamyra:) But have to say....Poser 8 will load the complete Alyson with morph , not only inject the Morph. Also..is that right that the smooth and Facemorph dont work together ? Because then the Head crashed ? Or maybe i do anything wrong.

Is anyone here doing clothes for her and has a hint how to fix the armpit zone....
im going crazy here with the joints for a jacketg
The choice of using more spherezones make it not easier

Greets Karth

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 1:23 AM · edited Wed, 26 August 2009 at 1:24 AM

Ah, I think I see what you mean ... there is a Smooth Operator dial showing beneath the body.  Hmmm ... I will investigate how that ended up there, seems to me it shouldn't be there.

Just use the Taya, Tamyra, or Grace character dials ... the Smooth Operator ones might be there from a previous version and I forgot to remove them. I'll correct that as soon as I can and let you know. Till then, don't tweak the SmoothOperator dials.

PS ... thanks for your render, I will enjoy seeing people using them!

cmcc ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 1:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1936491

guys all i can say is i'm really impressed with all the morphing capabilies in poser 8  right now. everything seems to be working better. the hair room . render time even the cloth dynamics. this poser is the poser that i had wished poser 5 was and wasn't. my only bitch is that i get wierd crashes and i'm always having to back up my work. my latest upload to the poser gallery is a jessi everything was morphed within poser.. i used the modeling tool to even morph the dent in the hat. the bracelet i made with wings 3d.

Computer Art by Charles McChesney

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 1:44 AM

Very nice!

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 3:51 AM · edited Wed, 26 August 2009 at 3:53 AM

Here's a few I took some time on. This is my "Brooke" for Alyson with my fantasy ears set. All images contain nudity, so don't click if you would be "offended".  Hair is "Twelfie tails" from Zackrael2002
 Artistic Renders, WARNING, may contain nudity Artistic Renders, WARNING, may contain nudity Artistic Renders, WARNING, may contain nudity

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

smallspace ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 3:36 PM

Has anyone talked about how amazingly short Alyson's arms are? I bring this up because I've always found arm length to be one of the hardest things to change in a character without causing joint problems. "X Scaling" the arms never really works very well and morphs that change the overall length always runs afoul of the bone structure so you almost have to re-rig the character.

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 3:44 PM

Th Lo res version does indeed subdevide into the High res version.

The poly count and everything is OK.

Poser does NOT give an error when importing the morph. So poly count is OK.

Only, when you apply the morph, the poly's distrub. . . . 

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 3:46 PM

For the arm I went to
Collars 120%
Schoulders 120%

Seems to work, but I made a sugestion to SM.

3dactor ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 4:29 PM

smallspace: check out the Poser8 Blog there is some info how to make the adjustments to arm length using dependent parameters.
http://poser8.smithmicro.com/

DarkEdge ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:13 PM · edited Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:14 PM

Yes, Vilters I've experienced the same thing...it explodes.
UVMapper won't reorder the verts either, it brings up an error code when you try. As Deecey stated going to try and use the whole mesh next time. We are all hitting around the mark, sooner or later someone will crack the code and share, even if it is complicated. 😄

Comitted to excellence through art.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:24 PM

Quote - Yes, Vilters I've experienced the same thing...it explodes.
UVMapper won't reorder the verts either, it brings up an error code when you try. As Deecey stated going to try and use the whole mesh next time. We are all hitting around the mark, sooner or later someone will crack the code and share, even if it is complicated. 😄

Yes, that " facet error"

Still get it with the full body too.

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:30 PM · edited Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:33 PM

Still trying to figure out the right workflow. I haven't had a chance to try the full body yet .. but here is what I suspect might work ... ready?

1. Create your morph using the low poly Alyson

2. Subdivide ONE TIME ... it should result in 4 times the original poly count.

3. Use UV Mapper Pro to copy the UVs from Alyson Hi Res to your subdivided mesh.

4. Then use the REORDER VERTICES command to reorder the UVs to match Alyson Hi Res original. Yes, it will look VERY FUNKY in UV Mapper Pro. But there is a method to my madness. Save this as MY CHARACTER REORDERED.OBJ

5. Go into Poser. Delete everything from the scene.

6. Load in the ORIGINAL Alyson Hi Res OBJ - NOT the CR2 file.

7. Load your MY CHARACTER REORDERED.OBJ as a MORPH TARGET to the original OBJ. Hopefully it will work. 

Haven't tested it, but in theory it should work.

3dactor ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:38 PM

ok, So I am not 100% on this, but it is roughly how my friend Darrell explained it to me.
inside of 3d studio max I would add this new mesh as a morph target to the original head mesh, add a subdivision layer to it then bring the high res mesh and use the skin wrap modifier to wrap the high res to the low res mesh.

does that make sense? 

DarkEdge ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:39 PM

Deecey, it goes wrong when you reorder the verts in UVMapper, error, error, tilt, tilt, tilt. 😉

DarkEdge ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:42 PM

Quote -  ok, So I am not 100% on this, but it is roughly how my friend Darrell explained it to me.
inside of 3d studio max I would add this new mesh as a morph target to the original head mesh, add a subdivision layer to it then bring the high res mesh and use the skin wrap modifier to wrap the high res to the low res mesh.

does that make sense? 

Kind of and I have Max. Can't try it out right now but hopefully tomorrow sometime. I'll post my results. Sorry trying to finish a project for a client.

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 8:14 PM

The Smooth Operator file has been updated ... I changed from CR2 to Inject PMD files. Start with Alyson, inject one of the morphs, and add your favorite texture ... so you might want to redownload the new pack.

Now ... as for the topic at hand in doing lo and hi res morphs.  Seems we have a solution in Max, and that is to use shrink wrapping from one version to the other.

Still searching for other solutions. Polygon count is the same between Hi Res Alyson and the subdivided Lo Res Alyson, so there is hope ... vertex counts are different so it might relate to group boundaries.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 8:49 PM · edited Wed, 26 August 2009 at 8:55 PM

Are we talking transferring morphs between figures? Poser can do this right out of the box. It's called the cloth room. :) It's best to work from the High res to the low res (assuming the models are roughly the same size/shape to start)

Here's a good thing to try.

Load the High res figure into Poser
Load the low res figure into Poser
Set your animation frames to about 10
Move to frame 10 and apply the morph to your high res model
Move to the cloth room.
Create a new simulation (default settings should be fine - tweak if needed)
Make sure the number of frames in the calc equals that of the number of frames in your animation
Do NOT start from zero pose ( this usually causes probs)
Clothify the LOW RES model
Collide against the HI RES model
Edit Constrained Group  - ADD ALL (the entire low res mesh should show with red verts)
Calculate simulation.

To speed up the calculation, switch to outline mode before running the calc.

This should get you most of the way done. Some morphs may require clean up in areas like the eye or mouth that can be done in any modeling app.

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 8:57 PM

Hmmm ... now why didn't I think of that! LOL

Thanks Teyon!

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 9:07 PM

Anytime. I'm trying to recall if I missed a step or not in all that but I think it's all there.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 10:36 PM

Quote - It's best to work from the High res to the low res.

We are trying to get from low to high. Will it work that way?

cmcc ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 10:56 PM

about arm length with allyson. lets say you want to make allyson taller. go to body and scale up y. everything gets longer except the arms. they actually get a little wider. to get the arms to keep in sinc go to an arm part and scale it larger in the scale x. do that with each arm part and the arms match your new body length.

cmcc ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 11:06 PM

another thing i tried is just scale the whole bode along x get the arms the length u want then play with the other 'skinny' morphs to get the body u want with the length of arms u want.

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 11:13 PM

cmcc, I think the earlier point was that x-scaling on the arms doesn't work all that well. I haven't tried it with Alyson though... haven't had good experience with other figures.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 3:31 AM

Quote - > Quote - It's best to work from the High res to the low res.

We are trying to get from low to high. Will it work that way?

I think it should but may require much more cleanup than going in the other direction. The problem is that the higher resolution mesh will pick up the blocky aspect of the lower resolution mesh. Truth told, I've only ever tried it going from high to low but the guy who made the figures went in the other direction initially too and found the result less than desirable. Max seemed not as affected by this as the cloth room was (he uses Max) but Max doesn't exactly turn the high res into cloth either, ya know?

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 3:35 AM

OH! I knew I left out some stuff -

Okay instead of loading the actual low res figure, you want to use the OBJ for the low res figure.  The whole point is to get a full body morph out of it and to do that, you need to use an unrigged OBJ for this to work. I completely spaced on that.  After you're calc is done, export the low res as an OBJ using the name of the morph. Then, start the process all over again if you have more morphs to do.

That was kind of an important part to mess up. Sorry about that folks.

3Dream ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 11:47 AM · edited Thu, 27 August 2009 at 11:58 AM

Attached Link: http://www.arrow3d.com

file_438078.JPG

Hello Sorry for my bad English. It's really dificult to me to explain how to convert the Low Resolution morphs of Alyson to the High Resolution Alyson figure. I am saying this because the process of conversion is very complexed and also requires 2 programs that were made by my teatchers (at the time that I was a student in the High School) and logically, I cannot distribute thoose programs.

I am tottally sure that someone can find a easier way that mine to convert the LO morphs to the HR morphs.

BTW, if you visit my web page you will see 3 new and original face morphs to Alyson.

I wish you a excellent day!

cmcc ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2009 at 9:47 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1938570

ok i tried lengthening the arms wth the scaling x and then worked with it. this is what i got. be forwarned raw, savage nudity. open at ur own risk. ur perspective on life is never going to be the same again.

cmcc ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2009 at 11:14 AM · edited Fri, 28 August 2009 at 11:16 AM

file_438170.jpg

here's a clear shot of the alyson face morph i used in the picture. the morph was made from within poser.

3Dream ( ) posted Sat, 29 August 2009 at 4:15 PM · edited Sat, 29 August 2009 at 4:16 PM

Very nice work with Alyson face. It's excellent to see new faces for her!

Alyson arms require a very special attencion at the time you are posing her.
IMO, I think that the secret is in her Foreams movements. If you just want to bend the Forearms try to be very attention and do not only use the BEND movement but also some of SIDE-SIDE and TWIST. Her arms require special attention but at the end you can have natural and beautiful results.

You also need to be very attention to the Collar groups movements and use them a lot to avoid high shoulders that only intensify the small arms of Alyson.

At the end, I really like Alyson figure!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.