Tue, Oct 22, 10:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 8:20 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 11:57 AM

Oh, that's soooooooo easy!

Just quit replying to him.

See how simple?

Quote - I'm more interested in Dawn that arguing on your definition of something.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 12:00 PM

Quote - Will these two do or should I post more to demonstrate what I understand under "realism" ?

This branch if the discussion needs its own thread for those who want to get more in depth. Most people seem to want to get back on topic of Dawn and arguing over personal definitions of realism is getting too distracting and a few are getting annoyed.

Lets keep the atmosphere in here friendly and take it to a new thread.

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 12:02 PM

I'm looking forward to having a look at those tutorials.

Always ready to learn something new.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 12:08 PM

One thing I can see a prob with is certain Poser materials, obviously those won't transfer over to Studio, and possibly the other way as well.

So, for some things it may be better to go with a texture file if people want to go with both systems.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 12:12 PM

Quote - One thing I can see a prob with is certain Poser materials, obviously those won't transfer over to Studio, and possibly the other way as well.

So, for some things it may be better to go with a texture file if people want to go with both systems.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Good point! If they are going to offer instructins on how to transfer the rigging it would be awesome to show content creators how to transfer materials and mat files so the content will look the same if both programs.

shante ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 12:12 PM

Quote - I tried making one dress... rigging was a disaster... a donor rig for dresses of varying styles and lengths would be immensley helpful!

But perhaps thats just me being lazy and not wanting to learn how to do it propperly

Something along the lines of the MWMFD?  (MilWoman Morphing Fantasy dress)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 12:19 PM

A nice pose construction kit would come in handy as well.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 12:20 PM

Quote - Why on earth are people complaining about how real or unreal she is.

It's a 3d figure...it can be morphed into however you like.

There is no reason why the default shape should look one way or another...it is just default. You spin a dial and apply the morphs to make whatever look you want...and if that is too much work, then you really are not into it for the art are you. Out of the box anything will never give you art, so dont expect it to.

The arguing over it is nonsense.

I have my own issues with the basic body shape...and ya know what?...I am making some morphs myself...so there will be options for everyone over time.

Rawn

btw...there are d/s users here.....just alot of us also use poser, and others just dont feel the need to announce platform choice, because it is all good LOL

Agreed. The back and forth is kinda pointless. Someone that has the skills will make a morph that's more "realistic" and then everyone will be happy. Not. LOL

Laurie

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 12:44 PM

Here are a couple more head shots from another community member (rendered in Poser) that we thought were well done:

aurora

and...

cherry bomb

Risika75 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 12:46 PM

Lovely :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 12:48 PM

Very lovely :).

Laurie

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 12:52 PM

OK OK Enough teasing......Where do I send my credit cards so I can have Dawn NOW???!!!

Sunfire ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 1:01 PM

lovely pics.

I'd also like to point out to people... the Pin Up Girls of the 40's and 50's... the leggy no waisted ladies that soldiers would drool over in their calendars... the actresses and models who had the same builds and were quite popular and lead the common housewife to strangle herself with a girdle to try to match the shape even if she lacked the long legs and the long body to make it look good.

Next to those old beauties Dawn AND Vickie are a bit... hmm... on the wide side.

Can't wait for her to arrive.

Sunfire's Creations

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 1:22 PM · edited Tue, 02 July 2013 at 1:25 PM

Quote - Dawn of a new day is just that...for creators, users, and the community as a whole.

That is what we need -- to revive the market, spark interest, and bring the fun and community spirit back to this game.  :-)

The blonde Dawn is mine, BTW.  I got dibs.  ;-)

A thought...may I hope that Surreality is working on Dawn?  There's nothing like her "everything but the kitchen sink" characters!

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Nekokami ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 1:23 PM

Quote - > Quote - One thing I can see a prob with is certain Poser materials, obviously those won't transfer over to Studio, and possibly the other way as well.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Good point! If they are going to offer instructins on how to transfer the rigging it would be awesome to show content creators how to transfer materials and mat files so the content will look the same if both programs.

I've offered to do that sort of tutorial. :)

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 1:28 PM

Quote - I've not been hearing too much from the Studio users, so come on, lend your voice to the thread.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Oh, we're here.  We've been talking.  I'm a studio user.  :)

Quote - I would like to address content creator concerns by saying, HiveWire 3D is committed to supporting Poser and DAZ Studio When concerning Dawn. While we can not hope to force folks to support both platforms, we will be providing the tutorials necessary for folks to do so. The best news I can give, without a complete tutorial, is that you do not have to re-rig your content manually from one program to the other. The tools for clothing conversion are supplied within the programs. You build in Poser, great! We will show you how to convert to DAZ Studio. If you build in DAZ Studio, great! We will show you how to convert to Poser. You will be pleasantly surprised at how easy these programs make things when you compare it to creating two versions from scratch. The benefits of supporting both platforms will mean more overall sales for your content because you are targeting the whole community rather than one side or the other.

I know it sounds to good to be true, but before you pass judgement on the processes, please know that I have been and am using them right now.

As a content creator myself, I can say that it is well worth the investment of time to support both platforms as it means more sales for me while giving the entire community the best possible products I can...my opinion of course, but it is influenced by my experience with the conversion process.

Dawn of a new day is just that...for creators, users, and the community as a whole.

Whoohoo!! 

Quote - btw...there are d/s users here.....just alot of us also use poser, and others just dont feel the need to announce platform choice, because it is all good LOL

Yup!

Quote - Basics I'm sure will be easy peasy but my main concern is tranferring or converting long dresses, capes and long "Wizard/Sorceress" sleeves.  Any info on how well that's going to work? 

Thanks for popping in!  :-)

That would be a really great thing to know, not that I rig stuff myself, but I BUY stuff just like is described in this quote.  I try to only texture clothing made for both platforms (except for that brief spell when certain figures didn’t work in Poser).  The kind of clothing I like to texture very, very often have long skirts and draping sleeves.

Did I enjoy that brief spell of time when certain figures didn’t work in Poser and I only had to worry about making material files for one platform?  I’m not going to lie.  I really did.  However, our sales were lower for those products.  Our sales went up when both platforms were again supported, albeit one not supported in the most ideal way.  Profits aside, I like the most people possible to be able to enjoy my work, even if I don't enjoy the tedium of setting up materials twice.

Quote - > Quote - One thing I can see a prob with is certain Poser materials, obviously those won't transfer over to Studio, and possibly the other way as well.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

This is a cool idea.  Although, it’s important to know that it’s nearly impossible to get the exact same results in both programs.  What creators want to strive for, instead, is to get their materials to look their best in each program and draw on that program’s strengths.  Tutorials to achieve this would be super great.

59Burst ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 1:51 PM

Quote - A few new pages since I had sleep, but.....

It looks like the old Poser v Studio things appeared again.

This thread is not about that, it's about Dawn.

Great Uncle LROG

^This^.  The first few dozen pages were filled with hope and excitement.  Now we're seeing more and more negativity.  Digs, deviciveness, my-way-or-the-highway, I'm-right-everybody-else-is-wrong.  

Is it not possible to wait until we have Dawn in our hands before we go wailing into the night about all the things -- real or imagined -- that might be wrong with her???  

59Burst ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 2:06 PM

Quote - TBH, I was built very much like Dawn in my younger days (except I had shorter legs and more, um...ample thighs...lol.) But my waist was tiny...not even 20" and was disproportionally small in comparrisons to my extremely large, erm, booty ;).

Laurie

Yowza!  How did you find clothes to fit that small a waist?  

surreality ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 2:19 PM

As for the clothes, you make 'em. ;) I'm not a small gal, but I have absurd proportions, more so when doing the corset thing, which yes, sometimes I do. (It's actually gloriously good for my back.)

Also, definitely planning to take a peek at her when she's available. :) I'm willing to give new gals a try (and still have an Alyson skin to finish up some day when I'm not so backlogged, for I am sloowwwww) and think those lashes look like they're going to be a lot of fun. Mwahahahaha. evil grin

-D
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye texture.

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 2:22 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - One thing I can see a prob with is certain Poser materials, obviously those won't transfer over to Studio, and possibly the other way as well. So, for some things it may be better to go with a texture file if people want to go with both systems.

Shoot me an email so we can talk about tutorials, ok?

Also, anyone that is interested in doing tutorials around Dawn, please shoot Eric an email at eric@hivewire3d.com, ok? He'll be managing all of that, and tho we're not ready to get too crazy with that just yet, it would be good to start collecting info and ideas from those who would like to contribute.

Risika75 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 2:25 PM

Quote - As for the clothes, you make 'em. ;) I'm not a small gal, but I have absurd proportions, more so when doing the corset thing, which yes, sometimes I do. (It's actually gloriously good for my back.)

Also, definitely planning to take a peek at her when she's available. :) I'm willing to give new gals a try (and still have an Alyson skin to finish up some day when I'm not so backlogged, for I am sloowwwww) and think those lashes look like they're going to be a lot of fun. Mwahahahaha. evil grin

Woohooo! Glad to see you interested in Dawn :)

shante ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 2:45 PM

Quote - "How about a little less carping and deliver us a "realistic" figure already?

Didn't think so........"

I've made over two dozend "realistic" sculpts based on photographic reference in the last three years and most of them I have shown publically.

I'm not a professional, but based on feedback I've gotten I think their shapes are quite close to the people they are based on.

Will these two do or should I post more to demonstrate what I understand under "realism" ?

Were these "realistic" figures done with Poser or D/S tools and availabe textures or all your own mesh work and texturing from scratch?

shante ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 2:51 PM

Quote - lovely pics.

I'd also like to point out to people... the Pin Up Girls of the 40's and 50's... the leggy no waisted ladies that soldiers would drool over in their calendars... the actresses and models who had the same builds and were quite popular and lead the common housewife to strangle herself with a girdle to try to match the shape even if she lacked the long legs and the long body to make it look good.

Next to those old beauties Dawn AND Vickie are a bit... hmm... on the wide side.

Can't wait for her to arrive.

except for fetish imaging the women back then were actually fuller bodied especially in nudie and glam/pin-up rags. this whole thin and waspish figure thing is a relatively new phenomenon by historical "ideal" female worshipping standards. even film actresses were pidgeon holed to comply with that standard compared to moderd silver screen divas.

mmalbert ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 3:02 PM

Another DS-only user here, and I'm working with Gen4 figures and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

I'd love a return to the general cross-platform compatibility that existed before Genesis. I know some things -- dynamics, shaders -- don't translate from one to the other, but as long as I could get most of what I bought to work in DS, I was good to go.

I use texture/clothing converters and make my own materials from Poser-specific products, so the minor obstacles of compatibility or obsolescence were never much of an issue for me. But I was as frustrated and disappointed as many Poser users when several of my favorite vendors began creating clothing and hair (and even props!) that I could not use and could not even get into a converter.

Anyway, it would be lovely if I could use my existing Gen4 content with the newer figure(s), but I'm not expecting miracles.

Lots of morph capabilities -- and a commitment to a male figure -- will get me to buy content. I make my own characters, so the only draw for me of texture sets is the skin and its options. A half dozen pretty white girls with lots of make up will meet my needs. After that, I get picky about what I buy.

I wasn't interested in the other non-V4 female figures because they offered no advantages for me over V4, with all her readily available morphs, fixes, and overall content. Even more so when there was a male figure (and kids) to go with her, and with pretty much the same morph product support.

If one primarily creates sexy pin-ups, cute fairies, or some types of fanart, there's an advantage to using different female figures. If one is building worlds and populating them, then the advantage tilts more toward figure(s) with the widest variety of characters, morphs, hair, and clothing. Yes, I could also still use an Antonia or a My Michelle, but if I already have a female figure that meets my particular needs, I have little incentive to spend more money or time on any others.

So if the Dawn figure can provide similar versatility (eventually!) while improving on V4's admittedly older mesh, and Hivewire can also give me other figures to populate my worlds, then I will spend money.

I tend to buy practical clothing for both genders and mostly use contemporary clothing. But I'm also interested in SF and fantasy clothing -- I love Xurge's sets -- steampunk, military-ish uniforms of any era or genre, faux-fantasy historical clothing, and realistic historical clothing, as long as it isn't the skimpy stuff.

Or at least it has something I can use despite the skimpy stuff; I'm willing to do a little kit-bashing to get what I want. If the chainmail bikini comes with a fantastic set of boots, I'll consider buying the product just for the boots.

My freebies page has moved: RedEyeCat

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 3:05 PM

"Were these "realistic" figures done with Poser or D/S tools and availabe textures or all your own mesh work and texturing from scratch?

Those two are based on a weightmapped V3 with some scaling and custom made morphs and rigging made in ZBrush.

Textures are a heavily modified "Millenium Dollar Baby" for the face and the old, old MilGirlPT default texture for the body. (Converted to V3)

Most others are based on a weighmapped David hybrid as his default proportions are closer to "average" men and woman.

swordman10 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 3:09 PM

I really like the shape of Dawns nose...I shudder to use the term 'realistic', so lets just say it has a pleasing shape.!!!!!

S.K.

Sunfire ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 3:23 PM

36, 24, 36 was considered to be a rather ideal size for a woman's figure. That's 36 inches for the breast, 24 inches for the WAIST and 36 inches for the hips. Quite the hourglass figure.

My mother used to complain that she never fit those measurements... Claiming that at the age of 18 she was more 42,18, 36... I do know from old pictures that she was quite big busted and narrow waisted before she started having kids. I also know that by the time I reached an age to really notice such things and care about figures (including my own) she was... more 42... ehh... 30 ish... and up around 40 ish for them hips... Of course she'd had three kids and had grown quite sedentary and lazy and wasn't watching her figure so much any more.

Sunfire's Creations

shante ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 3:30 PM

Quote - "Were these "realistic" figures done with Poser or D/S tools and availabe textures or all your own mesh work and texturing from scratch?

Those two are based on a weightmapped V3 with some scaling and custom made morphs and rigging made in ZBrush.

Textures are a heavily modified "Millenium Dollar Baby" for the face and the old, old MilGirlPT default texture for the body. (Converted to V3)

Most others are based on a weighmapped David hybrid as his default proportions are closer to "average" men and woman.

ok...you have an enviable advantage here...you are adept at mesh work and alteration to get out of prefab figures what you want. that is your idea of being an artist and i fully agree. someone like me, however, and others this poswr thing is targeted for and has beeen from the beginning,  too brain baked to wrap the dead matter between my ears around real 3d apps and functions to do that with, relies on these, to me, quite lovely and fairly functional pre made models to use to do my 3d illustration with. i'm not great but i do sell my work and have gotten published using less than "realistic" V2 figures and mostly her out of the box moph dials in poser 4.

we all have different needs and skills at our disposals by which to fulfill them. if I could do what you seem to do so well, I would. I can't so V2. V4, Dawn, etc are imporant "TOOLS" in my creative lexicon.

Also, What I learned through my 60 years as a photographer and illustrator,  is that most "Real' people are not that beautiful so trying to creat art work depicting more lovely, better formed "Manequins" (Manequin and model in French) of reality is so much nicer than doing a render using  more "relistic" models that looks like my hairy fat and bent from age and illness aunt Lena. As much as I loved her there is no room in my Runtime for her and no desire to render her in any of even my most bizarre art pieces.

Bad enough gazing upon the countenance of of REAL people in shower rooms, gyms, malls and beaches I along with many, many others really do not want or need to use thos same body types in our works unless required by a client or particular idea.

So give me Dawn with a barrage of body morph dials and well made textures to choose from and i be happier than a piggie in a Poser Poke!

shante ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 3:34 PM

Quote - 36, 24, 36 was considered to be a rather ideal size for a woman's figure. That's 36 inches for the breast, 24 inches for the WAIST and 36 inches for the hips. Quite the hourglass figure.

My mother used to complain that she never fit those measurements... Claiming that at the age of 18 she was more 42,18, 36... I do know from old pictures that she was quite big busted and narrow waisted before she started having kids. I also know that by the time I reached an age to really notice such things and care about figures (including my own) she was... more 42... ehh... 30 ish... and up around 40 ish for them hips... Of course she'd had three kids and had grown quite sedentary and lazy and wasn't watching her figure so much any more.

True when I was a kid getting my first taste of erotica via Playboy I memorized Bridget Bardo's measurements, a screen icon at the time who was a lovely 38-24-36. As you said:  Hourglass. Lovely. where are thos women today with all their augmentations and need to skinny out making themselves look gaunt and leathery or too build up in the wrong ways and in the wrong places.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 3:56 PM

Quote - > Quote - TBH, I was built very much like Dawn in my younger days (except I had shorter legs and more, um...ample thighs...lol.) But my waist was tiny...not even 20" and was disproportionally small in comparrisons to my extremely large, erm, booty ;).

Laurie

It wasn't easy! LOL. Even now, if it fits my rear it doesn't come close to fitting my waist. Gaps out in the worse way. LOL.

Laurie

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 3:58 PM

OH!  You're THAT Mab!

You absolutely nailed it.  Clothing that covers with the option to reveal.  Not all of us have enough magical skill to keep our skin from being ripped to shreds when we're defending that temple while wearing a teeny tiny strip of adhesive.

Quote - > Quote - haha... more of a Dieselpunk fan myself - The Rocketeer, Sky Captain & World of Tomorrow, Iron Sky, Sucker Punch, Dark City, Brazil, etc. ...Captain America opens it up to super heroes, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen bridges gap between steam & diesel.  Some bleed over into fantasy elements of Indiana Jones, King Kong etc etc

Those are all movies I like, so I guess I'm a steam/diesel-punk fan.  Actually, I especially love fantasy which bridges the gaps between scifi-fantasy genres.  It has to sort of make sense, of course.  I'm not a chaos fan, but I do love clever mixes in genres.

**I'd love to see lots of creative scifi and fantasy apparel for Dawn, but apparel that covers, or, as Will and I have done in the past, that covers with the option to cover less. **

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

Ameesa ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 4:00 PM · edited Tue, 02 July 2013 at 4:02 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - TBH, I was built very much like Dawn in my younger days (except I had shorter legs and more, um...ample thighs...lol.) But my waist was tiny...not even 20" and was disproportionally small in comparrisons to my extremely large, erm, booty ;).

Laurie

It wasn't easy! LOL. Even now, if it fits my rear it doesn't come close to fitting my waist. Gaps out in the worse way. LOL.

Laurie

Similar problem when I was younger, as I age the waist is catching up.   I remember everyone being able to look great in jeans, but me.  If I had jeans that fit the butt, the waist gapped out quite a lot, if I fit them for the waist, I couldn't get them pass the butt.

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 4:11 PM

Still does for me :(  Not as bad as when I was a teen, but still, unless the waist has elastic in it, it's not going to fit.

That Italian heritage is just not always fun.

Quote - Similar problem when I was younger, as I age the waist is catching up.   I remember everyone being able to look great in jeans, but me.  If I had jeans that fit the butt, the waist gapped out quite a lot, if I fit them for the waist, I couldn't get them pass the butt.

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 4:33 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Not prior to Genesis-- which is what many Poser users have been complaining about. The vast majority of content used to work just fine in both platforms, needing no more than (perhaps) a tweak of the surface material settings.

Lies - I've NEVER supported DS, and I've always made it clear in my products that my stuff might work in DS but I won't be bothered if it doesn't. I know other vendors who did the same.

Okay... now I'm being called a liar. :(

OY! Sorry, I meant that to be a small joke. I didn't mean to offend you at all, I apologize :(

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 5:19 PM
Site Admin

This might be an odd question, but I'm a newbie modeler so I'm allowed that until I have enough experiance to have common sense and ask normal questions.

I model in wings so things start out as a box and get cut and smooshed and tristed to look like clothes. So to start with I don't need a model even loaded, though it helps get things proportioned right. They said Dawn is roughly the size of V4 or V5 so can I use her as a stand in to get a start on some basic shapes and then refine them to fit Dawn once she's available or would this be a bad idea? I won't be rigging them, just leaving them dynamic if that makes a difference.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 5:25 PM

Quote - If she loads up into Poser via a satellite on Mars, I do not care.

Here, have my "LMAO" - you deserved it xD

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 5:27 PM

Quote - > Quote -  

Sorry for the back to back posts...won't happen again.

wait... back to back posts is bad? 

um so I too am retroactively sorry for having done this on many many occasions!

The heck, I'm guilty of this RIGHT NOW.

Oh COME ON, every time I go to sleep and return there's at least 5 new pages here xD

- - - - - - 

Nekokami ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 5:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - One thing I can see a prob with is certain Poser materials, obviously those won't transfer over to Studio, and possibly the other way as well. So, for some things it may be better to go with a texture file if people want to go with both systems.

Shoot me an email so we can talk about tutorials, ok?

Erm... I already did? I guess I said "material node networks" in my last email, but the point was really to make tutorials with some partial networks that could be plugged together to serve most common shader/material needs.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 5:57 PM

Okay, I pop off to try a few things with the PP2014 morph brush and when I come back.......

Posts about real life boobs, butts and figures!!!!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 6:03 PM

Quote - As for the clothes, you make 'em. ;) I'm not a small gal, but I have absurd proportions, more so when doing the corset thing, which yes, sometimes I do. (It's actually gloriously good for my back.)

Please do.  Your characters are collector items!  (Ahem...points at icon.)  :-)))

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 6:06 PM

Love to see what you can do with her Dee.  :-) 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 6:07 PM

*^This^.  The first few dozen pages were filled with hope and excitement.  Now we're seeing more and more negativity.  Digs, deviciveness, my-way-or-the-highway, I'm-right-everybody-else-is-wrong.  *

Is it not possible to wait until we have Dawn in our hands before we go wailing into the night about all the things -- real or imagined -- that might be wrong with her???

I threw all my negative feelings in the trash yesterday.  :-)

Just teasing.

Don't know about other folks, but I'm back to "hope and excitement!"  I keep looking at the blonde Dawn and thinking..."When?  When?"  :-) 

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 6:11 PM

Quote - > Quote - If she loads up into Poser via a satellite on Mars, I do not care.

Here, have my "LMAO" - you deserved it xD

I THOUGHT that was good, but nobody appreciated it until now.  ;-)  Thank you.

I know what you mean about the five pages...every time I check in, there are at least 3 new pages to read!

Glad that back to back posts are tolerated!  :-)

Fringewood ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 6:59 PM

The obsession with reality in a figure used in studios that are incapable of rendering reaistically because of software limitations that keep costs down seems a bit convolute.

I can tell you from experience morphing, it's generaly easier to add to than subract from a figure.  It's easier to create typical from doll than it is to create doll from typcal.

And yes, our society is commercially obsessed with beauty.  Wardrobe malfunction is now a spectator sport, because the industry is obsessed beyond sanity with the art of competition beauty.  One example of wardrobe augmentation gone wrong before the camera.  (And you thought V4 had problems with her armpits.)  Poor Eleanor.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4093813504/nm1870434

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 7:12 PM

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YUKKY! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 7:28 PM

Quote - A pretty face but her body is a semi-toon. It is an impossible thin waist and a small hip. That what I was talking about, we go away from real models to fantasy shapes without seeing it.

Oh, hi.

This is me: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/179244_130244680374838_1763904_n.jpg

and me: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/167328_130244710374835_6998634_n.jpg

aaand me: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q75/s720x720/8651_401648166618310_1088862424_n.jpg

No, I don't do waist training with corsets, and never had a surgery. I don't even really exercise apart from dancing.

We seriously need to stop saying this and that body shape is impossible just because we've never seen it in public. Really.

- - - - - - 

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 7:43 PM

Quote - > Quote - A pretty face but her body is a semi-toon. It is an impossible thin waist and a small hip. That what I was talking about, we go away from real models to fantasy shapes without seeing it.

Oh, hi.

This is me: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/179244_130244680374838_1763904_n.jpg

and me: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/167328_130244710374835_6998634_n.jpg

aaand me: https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q75/s720x720/8651_401648166618310_1088862424_n.jpg

No, I don't do waist training with corsets, and never had a surgery. I don't even really exercise apart from dancing.

We seriously need to stop saying this and that body shape is impossible just because we've never seen it in public. Really.

Ahah!  Now we know who Dawn was really modeled after!  Kidding....and yet......No, really, kidding kidding.....but still.......

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 7:53 PM

Quote - OH!  You're THAT Mab!

You absolutely nailed it.  Clothing that covers with the option to reveal.  Not all of us have enough magical skill to keep our skin from being ripped to shreds when we're defending that temple while wearing a teeny tiny strip of adhesive.

Quote - > Quote - haha... more of a Dieselpunk fan myself - The Rocketeer, Sky Captain & World of Tomorrow, Iron Sky, Sucker Punch, Dark City, Brazil, etc. ...Captain America opens it up to super heroes, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen bridges gap between steam & diesel.  Some bleed over into fantasy elements of Indiana Jones, King Kong etc etc

Those are all movies I like, so I guess I'm a steam/diesel-punk fan.  Actually, I especially love fantasy which bridges the gaps between scifi-fantasy genres.  It has to sort of make sense, of course.  I'm not a chaos fan, but I do love clever mixes in genres.

**I'd love to see lots of creative scifi and fantasy apparel for Dawn, but apparel that covers, or, as Will and I have done in the past, that covers with the option to cover less. **

lol!!  Yeah, few know the Mab on her lonesome.  I mention Will and most everyone knows the Will & Mab team.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 7:59 PM

Quote - Sorry, but how do you suppose to achieve true photorealism with a few dial spins ? You can go from stylized hottie #1 to stylized fairy to stylized hottie #2, but for those looking for realism things ain't that easy.

I'm gonna risk a shot in the dark and say you haven't tried my morphs for Antonia. Or the ones that come with Michelle.

- - - - - - 

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 02 July 2013 at 8:00 PM

Quote - hah!  Now we know who Dawn was really modeled after!  Kidding....and yet......No, really, kidding kidding.....but still.......

Hah, I wish I were that pretty!

- - - - - - 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.