Fri, Oct 4, 3:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

Cariad ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 9:03 PM

Quote - LOL!  Anything you've got going we can get shoes done for, or converted over to Dawn, no worries. ;0)
Oh, and don't fall off your chair.....I installed Studio again and am trying to figure it out. LOL!

Jan

It was you or me first,  was just getting stuff sorted here and prioritized for startig back to work fully.

And I can't fall off my chair, I have been semi-working from my bed for two days now.  So the risk of collapse is minimized...

Nekokami ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 9:27 PM

Quote - See mcasual's DS plugins (https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjteleblender2) for the easiest way to get from DS to Blender... for Windows anyway. I basically just export as an OBJ and import into Blender, but that's mostly because I'm on a Mac. ;)

Thanks for the reminder. There are so many great tools at that site that I'd forgotten about TeleBlender. It's really just a way to render DS scenes in Blender, though, isn't it? Or do rigged figures import with their rigging so they can still be posed, conformed, etc?

My point is really that as a DS user, I don't haveaccess to a cloth room equivalent, so being told to use dynamic cloth for long skirts isn't very helpful to me.

spyderbytes ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 9:47 PM

Quote - Thanks for the reminder. There are so many great tools at that site that I'd forgotten about TeleBlender. It's really just a way to render DS scenes in Blender, though, isn't it? Or do rigged figures import with their rigging so they can still be posed, conformed, etc?

My point is really that as a DS user, I don't haveaccess to a cloth room equivalent, so being told to use dynamic cloth for long skirts isn't very helpful to me.

Right. You'd have to re-rig in Blender if you want to pose and what have you there. I haven't tried it, but I suppose you COULD export to Blender, drape the cloth, then export it back to DS and conform it? You might have to do that on a frame by frame basis, though, to get acceptable results. More work than it's worth, of course, if so.

You're right: being told as a DS user to use dynamic cloth is no solution. I have my fingers crossed that Hivewire have an ace or two up their sleeves yet to benefit DS users. Otherwise, I'm afraid Dawn might end up being more of a novelty on the DS side than a must-have tool. The case for Dawn is not nearly as compelling for rank-and-file DS users as for Poser users, from what I've seen revealed so far.

andolaurina ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 9:49 PM

I'm a content creator, too. (see stores) How do I get on the early list?

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

Sassywench ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 9:53 PM

I'm with you Zig, but I think there are lots of Poser users that don't use the cloth room either (present company here excluded, I'm sure :) ) so I'd bet there'll be plenty of conforming long dresses and flowing sleeves coming out.

Have faith! :)

And to all you Poser modelers that are installing DS to try and create for both programs.. Thank You!!

Quote - > Quote - See mcasual's DS plugins (https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts3/mcjteleblender2) for the easiest way to get from DS to Blender... for Windows anyway. I basically just export as an OBJ and import into Blender, but that's mostly because I'm on a Mac. ;)

Thanks for the reminder. There are so many great tools at that site that I'd forgotten about TeleBlender. It's really just a way to render DS scenes in Blender, though, isn't it? Or do rigged figures import with their rigging so they can still be posed, conformed, etc?

"Own the Day"

*Live*Laugh*Love*Dream*Believe*

DS user since the first alpha :)

Poser user through P5

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 9:57 PM

Zig, don't know if not having poser is financial or other but

http://www.purplus.net/poser9.html

$49.95.  It would give you the cloth room, maybe, well, there were other improvements, P9 will handle the WM figures pretty well while it's at it.  Might be worth looking at, might not.

Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 10:22 PM

Quote - You're right: being told as a DS user to use dynamic cloth is no solution. I have my fingers crossed that Hivewire have an ace or two up their sleeves yet to benefit DS users. Otherwise, I'm afraid Dawn might end up being more of a novelty on the DS side than a must-have tool. The case for Dawn is not nearly as compelling for rank-and-file DS users as for Poser users, from what I've seen revealed so far.

I'm well aware of that, and my comment I intended to be directed to the CA's, those that make Poser compatible clothing, as a plea, if they're going to make long dresses, to please make them dynamic or hybrid, as those work somewhat satisfactory as dynamic or conforming.  Most of the male clothing I use is conforming, and as long as there aren't any real bends, they work fine, but if I want to turn James or one of the others into a blimp and put him in a business suit, I at least have the dynamic cloth to do that.  But long skirts are another thing completely, which is why I use almost 90% dynamic.  (Yeah, I like long skirts)

As I don't use ds, I'm not familiar with what features Dawn will have in her ds version, or if the autofit in ds handles more than just the g thing.  Therefore, I'm more looking out for what I will use than what I won't use.

Doric.

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 10:28 PM

Just a post to wakeup the ebots

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 10:46 PM

Quote - Just a post to wakeup the ebots

Come on in, Robert.  Water's fine, no sharks, occasional small barracuda, nothing you can't handle.

Doric

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 11:20 PM

Most of the content creators were hand picked, but you can try Steves email.

spyderbytes ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 11:37 PM · edited Wed, 03 July 2013 at 11:49 PM

Quote - I'm well aware of that, and my comment I intended to be directed to the CA's, those that make Poser compatible clothing, as a plea, if they're going to make long dresses, to please make them dynamic or hybrid, as those work somewhat satisfactory as dynamic or conforming.  Most of the male clothing I use is conforming, and as long as there aren't any real bends, they work fine, but if I want to turn James or one of the others into a blimp and put him in a business suit, I at least have the dynamic cloth to do that.  But long skirts are another thing completely, which is why I use almost 90% dynamic.  (Yeah, I like long skirts)

As I don't use ds, I'm not familiar with what features Dawn will have in her ds version, or if the autofit in ds handles more than just the g thing.  Therefore, I'm more looking out for what I will use than what I won't use.

Doric.

And MY comment was simple agreement with Zig that dynamic cloth is "no solution" for DS users, given current state of the art. I certainly wasn't looking to pick any fights. :)

To spell out what I was talking about: we DS users, as far as I can see, are pretty much in the position Poser users were in when Genesis 1 came out. Right now, we have models more or less on a technical par with Dawn that all our investments of time and money, going back as far as V3/A3/S3/M3 etc. will work with. Those of us with small budgets (which I'd guess is the majority of the market... maybe not so much amongst those who post here, but overall anyway) face a choice of continuing to expand our pool of stuff compatible with everything we already have or to essentially start over from square one with unknown tech.

All of which leads me to think gaining traction in adoption on the DS side is going to be an uphill battle. Unless there's some relatively straightforward way (such as Autofit and UV switching) for the average user to make use of our existing content as we bridge the gap and begin filling our libraries with stuff made especially for Dawn. One can only produce so many NVIATWAS-es before boredom sets in. ;) And I don't know if leveraging DS tech is even possible (from an intelecutal rights standpoint; from what I understand, which may not be much, its relatively straightforward to leverage it technologically). If the wheel has to be reinvented, this becomes a much bigger hurdle, of course.

I, for one, intend to do what I can to help make this work, even if that means trying to figure out what can be done in the way of engineering DS plugins to bridge the gap. But that still leaves the thorny intelectual rights issues of whether such a plugin or plugins could even be distributed, were they made, or how difficult they would be to reverse engineer if not. I wouldn't have a clue how to even start investigating the legal issue.

I hope I'm wrong and it's not an issue at all. Or at the very least that Hivewire already has or knows of someone working on the issue but just can't talk about it right now.

Edit: misspelling

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 11:49 PM

Quote - I'd also like to get on the list of content creators and tutorial creators if there is still time. Do we just state our interest here or do we send an e-mail?

We will have instructions for this coming as soon as we have the final version ready to share with content creators. Don't worry, everyone will have a chance. :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 03 July 2013 at 11:53 PM

Thanks Steve :).

Laurie

SekayiAsha ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 12:38 AM

Quote - > Quote - I'd also like to get on the list of content creators and tutorial creators if there is still time. Do we just state our interest here or do we send an e-mail?

We will have instructions for this coming as soon as we have the final version ready to share with content creators. Don't worry, everyone will have a chance. :)

I'm glad to hear that. Thank you. :)

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 12:51 AM

Will we also have a definition morph?  I like the muscles to stand out a bit more than this.  I forget, did we also mention a muscles morph pack is a must have?

Quote - here are a few simple body morphs:

Bodybuilder

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 12:59 AM

spyderbytes : I get what your saying.

For example.
Even with C4D,Max,Maya,Softimage
Lightwave divided in to Lightwave & Modo.
1998 Softimage ruled ,Now 2013 Max owns Maya,Softimage.

For better or worse ,things change.
I just set back and watch.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

zinedarke ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 1:24 AM

Quote - > Quote -  

Oh, and lastly... please oh please for the love of all that is good, someone do a nice pair of FLAT soled, tall boots. Heels are great, but for a girl that's kicking butt and taking names, sometimes the flats are just better. :D

goes back to lurking

My set will have a pair of 'Jungle Boots' inspired combat boots.

I also have a Sci-Fi thigh Boot that I did for a set that I started for Allyson2.  Those have a flat sole as well.  I've never been able to accept action ware with high heeled boots and stuff.  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2365388

That's a nice looking combat boot! And that's another style that works for the kind of stuff I tend to do. Love the height on the ones you linked too. Then again, I bought the Fantasy Assassins outfit strictly FOR the boots. :D

Another thing Dawn is really going to need, lots of jewelry, maybe even some good piercings? crosses fingers

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 1:26 AM · edited Thu, 04 July 2013 at 1:29 AM

Given this team's track record, I'd rate the chances of success highly.  I'll probably fit up a ceilidh (think Riverdance) dress & shoes for her, and the 2013 TinkerBell dress/panty/slippers/wings, and the Ghostbuster jumpsuit.  Maybe an Appleseed light armor.

Crikeys!  69 pages?!?

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 1:49 AM

spyderbytes, in the future I will refrain then from making suggestions or requests for something I know of use, to me.  That is, at rendo I will not make any requests, but the same cannot be said for PoserWorld, and a forum that only members of said forum see.

When I paid the full nine yards for V3 and later V4, I doubt if there was any concern that I might have to buy a new wardrobe for the v thing because what I had for Judy wouldn't fit. 

And as basically nothing beyond a few that would be called a basic description of the modlel itself have been given, everything else is either speculation or paranoia, the fear that"A" might benefit more than "B", and suddenly it's not to be tolerated.  Why don't we just wait and see what happens once it's released?  Hmmm?

I suspect Dawn will probably be as have been the v figures and the M figures for me, I'll buy some stuff for them, play with them for a while, and continuing using Judy and Don, although I do use some of the newer Poser figures too.  Vicky and Mike are no longer in my runtimes, if I don't use them, into the bit bucket and don't look back.  All 42 of the daz figures I had went into the bit bucket, for the same reason.  Not crying about it, I'll try Dawn, either she'll work for me or she won't.  But I'm not going to worry and speculate on what "might" happen or who "Might" not support her.  That's a waste of time and energy.

Doric.

Max_Terrible ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 2:18 AM

Quote - UserAliaTechnically you can do the same with Daz studio and the smoothing. No, its not dynamic and it won't drape with gravity. But I have set a cube under a chair and had a dress collide with it.  If i want the dress to collide with V4 AND the cube, then first I have the dress collide with V4, export the smoothed dress as an obj, import, then collide the obj with the chair.   There are various ways. 

Sometimes I have subbed out the lower part of a dress with a DS dynamic skirt/dress and made the top invisible. Takes a bit of work but DS has some ways to do things too :)

Maybe if anyone's interested I can give a mini tutorial on how I've used DS smoothing to convert clothing from very different figures (like slon, or cookie, for example!) to Genesis or V4 or a child. And how to simulate fake drapes with a bit of work.  Or sculpt it in even! :)

DS has means, I tell ya! 

I would very much like to see a tutorial like this. I don't know very much about Poser, but it always seems like it has ways to make almost any clothing item dynamic, and as far as I know, DAZ Studio doesn't, and that's a very big limitation and problem for me. 

I export my scenes to 3ds Max and do a lot other, extra work and render in there, and I always have to manually try to make the clothes look and fit better in the various poses. Having the clothes in at least some simple dynamic form before I export will make my life so much easier.

spyderbytes ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 2:19 AM

Doric, I don't know what I said to work you into such a state, but I apologize. I actually entered the conversation by responding to Zig (who I realize was responding to you, but I was not directly addressing you, and did not quote you in my context). I feel my post was quite constructive, actually, in pointing out an issue I see that I feel should be addressed to help Dawn gain acceptance on the DS side of things, and even offering to help address the issue. Or do you not think there are separate issues for the separate platforms? I'm certainly not the only DS user to bring up the exact same issue in this thread as a barrier to acceptance on the Daz side. I see no paranoia or intolerance in what I wrote... and frankly find those loaded words to be using with someone you don't know from Adam. I have not attempted to speak for you. I would like the same courtesy extended, if you please.

If you have personal issues with me, please take them to private messages. If I offended you, I apologize. It was not my intention. Beyond that, I think there's enough room on the interwebs and indeed this thread for us both to have our own opinions. :)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 2:21 AM

Quote - Will we also have a definition morph?  I like the muscles to stand out a bit more than this.  I forget, did we also mention a muscles morph pack is a must have?

Quote - here are a few simple body morphs:

Bodybuilder

I think your referring to cut morphs and striation's which can be done with morphs or easier on the system, displacement maps.  I'd like to see some vascularity displacement maps as well. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 2:31 AM

Wow, no poser takers who want to help me? :( 

Shucks.

Well I'll keep working at it myself and probably share it for the Daz folks and then if anyone wants it for poser they'll have to kinda hack it themselves, or maybe a tutorial that will let me get it somewhat working. But without a copy of poser i can't set up materials on it. 

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 2:35 AM · edited Thu, 04 July 2013 at 2:41 AM

You half to have permision to make displacement maps for a mesh that's not yours.

Do we have permision HiveWire ?

It would help a lot if there eyes where closed and their mouths open in default pose.
Just for morphs to.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 3:25 AM

Quote - You half to have permision to make displacement maps for a mesh that's not yours.

You don't need permissions for displacement maps, they are just a special type of texture. 

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

ghosty12 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 3:27 AM · edited Thu, 04 July 2013 at 3:32 AM

Attached Link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/HiveWire3D/147241108800570

I saw these two messages over on their FB page. 

Quote - "HiveWire3D: 15 hours ago: Final version of Dawn to be ready by end of this week! Once she is in hand, we'll announce her release date and get things moving with all interested content creators. "HiveWire3D: 7 hours ago: just to clarify, Dawn will be released to content creators later this week. We have not announced her public release date yet."

So not long to go now which is very for public release which will be awesome. :)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 3:36 AM

Come on folks, UserAlia needs help, I'm sure ther must be someone out ther that can help.

The Poser - Studio divide should be a thing of the past. We should help one another now.

We have time until Dawn appears to help one another, so if possible come forward and help.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 3:37 AM · edited Thu, 04 July 2013 at 3:47 AM

Very happy to see all those posts from content makers wanting to make things for Dawn.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 3:39 AM

Nice to see more pics of Dawn appearing. As some of us said, the base Dawn is just the start, one we get morphs then the fun begins.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 3:43 AM

Seeing a few posts on dynamics, unfortunatly this cannot be done as easily in Studio as it is in Poser.

I can make a mesh, put on a base texture to test and have a cloth sim done in less than 10 minutes. That has always been the advantage of Poser.

The price I see for Studio dynamic tings sometimes amazes me, especially when I have proved I can make the exact same thing in Poser in a short time.

If someone ever brught out a dynamic system for Studio that the user could use, then they would be on to a winner.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 4:08 AM

Quote - Wow, no poser takers who want to help me? :( 

Shucks.

Well I'll keep working at it myself and probably share it for the Daz folks and then if anyone wants it for poser they'll have to kinda hack it themselves, or maybe a tutorial that will let me get it somewhat working. But without a copy of poser i can't set up materials on it. 

If my skills were up to that task I would jump at the option to help but I am kind of lost for the help you are needing. Sorry.

cymbidium ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 4:26 AM · edited Thu, 04 July 2013 at 4:27 AM

Quote - > Quote - I'd also like to get on the list of content creators and tutorial creators if there is still time. Do we just state our interest here or do we send an e-mail?

I'm another content creator interested in Dawn. :) 

Been reading through this thread over the past few days, a marathon task since I only found out about it at the beginning of the week!  Dawn looks and sounds very interesting, especially if she bends as well as suggested. 

I'm very glad that she will be free initially, and even more glad that her base skin will be offered as a merchant resource, since I am mainly a character creator (though still fairly new - see store here at Rendo).  I'm finishing up a V4 character at the moment.  Would love to try my hand at Dawn, if only I can get my brain around pmd injection - the only experiences I've had with pmd have been bad ones, a few years ago now, and I've not used it since! 

Anyway, looking forward to getting my hands on her! :)  Wish everyone at HiveWire the best of luck with this and future ventures!!

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 4:27 AM

Shadowhawk, sent you a PM.  :) 

Can't wait to work with Dawn!! Yay!

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 4:31 AM

Also no one has yet answered... with the reality settings for Dawn work in Luxus??? PLEASE say yes! 

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 5:17 AM

Quote - Shadowhawk, sent you a PM.  :) 

Can't wait to work with Dawn!! Yay!

Sent you a PM back I guess I will see if I can grab a content creators set and give you a hand...Anyone know where I can find a tutorial on rigging in Poser Pro 2014?

shadowhawk2zero ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 5:19 AM

Quote - Also no one has yet answered... with the reality settings for Dawn work in Luxus??? PLEASE say yes! 

Since Luxus is more or less a link to LUX render engine I would say that since Palo is working on settings for Reality that Dawn would work in Luxus I would imagine the settings would ve very similar.

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 5:35 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_495811.jpg

> Quote - Will we also have a definition morph?  I like the muscles to stand out a bit more than this.  I forget, did we also mention a muscles morph pack is a *must have*? > > > Quote - here are a few simple body morphs: > > > > Bodybuilder > > > > ![](https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1017345_150916425099705_49710982_n.jpg)

Dawns morphs needs to be as detailed as these examples. That morphs is not convincing enough as a bodybuilder. Just an observation. It needs a lot more definition.

My Renderosity Store

Nekokami ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:30 AM

@spyderbytes,thank you for understanding what I was trying to say. Did you see my suggestionabout a kickstarter campaign to create a Bullet soft body plugin?

@Doric, I have a copy of Poser 9. I prefer DS. I see nothing wrong with you asking for content and features you want, so long as others are also free to do the same. Example:

"I hope long skirts will be rigged to support easy use in the Cloth Room, as well"

Not so good:

"Content creators shouldn't bother rigging long skirts to conform."

@paganeagle, with respect, I feel as thoug you keep telling DS users they are not allowed to discuss any cross-platform concerns, which makes me feel like you don't want DS users to participate at all.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:35 AM

Please show me where in this whole thread I have said anything about DS users not contributing.

Check through hthe entire thread and you will see I have been the one encouraging the DS users to voice their opinions, also I have bee the one that started the idea of people co-operating with each others systems to help with Dawn support.

Honestly, sometimes it doe make you wonder if people do read things, or if they just come in at the last minute and try and read some crap into something that wasn't there in the first place.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:36 AM

Those pics have been described as "simple morphs", nothing has been said about them being complete.

A lot of stuff in this thread has been WIP stuff, things change over time.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:44 AM · edited Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:45 AM

Here's one for you, it's even on this same page, if you looked:-

Come on folks, UserAlia needs help, I'm sure ther must be someone out ther that can help.

The Poser - Studio divide should be a thing of the past. We should help one another now.

We have time until Dawn appears to help one another, so if possible come forward and help.

Yep, everyone can see i'm not encouraging Poser and Studio users to help one another.

Perhaps a trip to the opticians is required sometime today.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Zev0 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:45 AM · edited Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:45 AM

Quote - Those pics have been described as "simple morphs", nothing has been said about them being complete.

A lot of stuff in this thread has been WIP stuff, things change over time.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Cool. I really hope so. She has the Poly's for some nice detail.

My Renderosity Store

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:46 AM

Quote - > Quote - Also no one has yet answered... with the reality settings for Dawn work in Luxus??? PLEASE say yes! 

Since Luxus is more or less a link to LUX render engine I would say that since Palo is working on settings for Reality that Dawn would work in Luxus I would imagine the settings would ve very similar.

While at a slight tangent, might be worth a comment to hopefully clarify...  Luxus and Reality are two totally different ways to access Luxrender in DS.  This means that the presets are not interchangeable between them, so while Dawn will have no problems being used in Luxus, you'd have to work out your own settings, as Paolo's presets will be specific to Reality and will work for both Poser and DS versions of Reality.

Incidentally, once Paolo has his "one-click-sss" up and running, it will be harder to get bad skin settings than good ones in Reality 3 (I think that will be sorted before DS Reality 3 gets released so that it's included in it and I'd imagine Poser Reality 3 would get an update).

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:48 AM

Agree about the morphs, only the HiveWire3D team can tell us what is going on at the moment.

We do know that the base should be okay for a relese to content makers on Friday, so she must have gone through some form of testing.

So, maybe the same thing will happen with the morphs.

I'm a type of person who likes to see WIP's progressing. You get an idea of what has been added or taken out by what appears in the new updated pics.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:49 AM

Maybe Paolo will pop in and give us a few little hints on what he has been up to.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:52 AM

One of the advantages of Dawn going out to content makers on Friday would be that a nice amount of items will be there for her when she appears to us all.

I would sooner that they got the mesh right in the first place and then send her out to the content makes, than have to have an update, then have the content makers having to adjust things.

There is no such thing as a 100% launch, but as long as she comes in at 95%+ I'll be happy.

All hte best.

Great Uncle LROG

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:55 AM

I sure hope there's a setting that will work in luxus.  I have reality but have given up trying to figure it out, its just too complicated and too time consuming to deal with all the materials and special fiddling to get it to look right and too much...well... math. >_<;; the results are astonishing for reality but its just beyond me!

Luxus is easier for a slow learner like me... ^^;

Anyway lets not dig at each other. There's plenty of comments in the thread that dig at DS and others that dig at poser.  And plenty more that may not have been meant as a dig, but probably can sound like one to others.  I think we have to just skim over those and try to assume the best right? 

we work with what we have and we support what we can, and when Dawn is out we'll do our best.  Partnerships I think will be critical... while some folks are fortunate enough to have both, many don't. I don't have poser so I'll have to rely on others for poser stuff. But we'll do our utmost to make it work in every way. Not everything will work for Dawn in every program.  But we do what we can to push the limits right and work together. 

Anyone gonna do a "dawn of the dead" char? LOL.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 6:57 AM

There will be a Dawn of the Dead morph!!!! Lol.

I think I mentioned it earlier on in the thread just for fun and then came back with shots of her as a zombie!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 7:00 AM · edited Thu, 04 July 2013 at 7:01 AM

Partnerships would eb great as people who are good with one system may be not so good in the other system.

No one person knows everything.

There are lots of things I can do, but I'm not too good on poses, so instead of making some really crap poses, I leave that to those that can do.

But....

On the other hand, those that can do amazing poses may not be able to texture clothing etc.

We all have talants that can be brought together for Dawn.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

cymbidium ( ) posted Thu, 04 July 2013 at 7:03 AM

@ Nekokami/Zigraphix:

Have sent you a pm regarding Shader Mixer....:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.