Mon, Oct 7, 4:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Conforming clothes and hair animation

jonstark ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 3:59 PM

Can't wait to try this out, I hope it is released soon :) (I use Poser, but Carrara is my primary app, highly anticipating pulling this tool into my workflow :) )

Don't care if it's on Renderosity or VirtualWorldDynamics site, either way I will be buying, and the price seems very fair.

Morkonan ( ) posted Wed, 09 September 2015 at 11:58 PM

[Glitterati3D]...> Simply put, VWD, if you insist on this hardware lock, you ARE accusing me of being a thief who would distribute your software.

I have seen no mention of a "hardware lock" at all. All I have seen is mention of three keys, with the possibility of gaining more due to misfortune, if that becomes necessary. This is, after all, very similar to the way that executable programs are already delivered by every single player in this market. Renderosity, DAZ3D, RDNA, etc, all routinely ship one or several personalized keys for every executable program they sell. I have even purchased utilities that require third-party authorization for decryption keys from Renderosity.

VWD is not, at least inasmuch as I can see, doing anything unusual at all regarding the distribution and sale of his software.

I, for one, am eager to have the opportunity to purchase this software.

0oseven ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 1:14 AM

Glitterati3D has a point of view and that's his/her choice of course but I think in general there will be more people wanting to buy it than not. I think VWD is committed to providing high quality product for the community as long as we support it.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 8:57 AM

@Morkonan : There is indeed a hardware protection.

@Ooseven: Thank you for your comment. To defend Glitterati3D, I understand that when we were cheated once, we are suspicious. It's totally normal. I hope that the message below, will reassure her.

I personally have quite a lot of software that use hardware protections and I never had a problem.

Renderosity wants to be able at any time to distribute a product that a person has bought, automatically. This is quite normal and I think this solution ensures that your product will always be available whether you have a problem on your machine or you decide to use another machine. That is the goal of the 3 keys. I made a proposal to Jenn for VWD can be distributed by Renderosity. This causes that Renderosity can at any time generate the program for each user. I think the fact that it is Renderosity that manages the program should reassure those who are afraid of losing the use of the program.

About the program, I did not give much news. It's not because I do not do anything, the opposite. I make the corrections that will improve the reliability of the program and workflow management that was not necessarily obvious, especially for hair. I do this work thanks to the fabulous work done by Winvdb who participates in the private beta and has listed all bugs and workflow errors in program functions.

I want to thank a lot Biscuits who has made fabulous renderings that show the possibilities of the program. We must not forget that the program is not enough and that such renderings and models, in particular the hair, are related to her talent.

I want to distribute a new version of Demo next week. I agree on the fact that I fell again. I assure you that there are many changes and especially increased reliability. This version certainly will not contain all the corrections listed by Windvb, but this version will be directed bug fixes and workflow corrections. I hope by then I will have a positive response from Jenn and I would finally start the distribution of the final version.

In the next four days, I would not be able to respond to messages. Do not worry, I will reply as soon as I could.

I start to be confident about the distribution of the program by the Renderosity marketplace, despite of my method of protection.

Thank you for your patience.

VWD

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

fivecat ( ) posted Thu, 10 September 2015 at 5:31 PM

Ignore the creepy Halloween pose and eyes, that is Wild conforming hair.wild_hair01.jpg

ErickL88 ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2015 at 11:10 AM

Wow .. the flow/posing of the hair, in Biscuits and fivecats renders, is looking very plausible, imo. Very well done and thanks for sharing these pictures. I'm also looking forward to to VWD.

Btw ... were the initial hair props done in Poser? .. I've never been able to come up with something even remotely close to this, in the Hair-Room.

Biscuits ( ) posted Fri, 11 September 2015 at 5:21 PM · edited Fri, 11 September 2015 at 5:22 PM

No just hair models, mesh strandbased transmapped hairs, made in a modelling software. :)

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

ErickL88 ( ) posted Sat, 12 September 2015 at 3:31 AM

Ah, I see now. Thanks for the answer, Biscuits. :)

macsavers ( ) posted Sat, 12 September 2015 at 9:55 AM

I just got finished reading all nine pages of this posting. Someone posted about this program on the forums at Daz3D. While I have Poser 10 and will probably upgrade to Pro 2014 with the recent deal Smith Micro is offering ( I own Pro 2012 ), I tend to keep my money for content and tools like this than for major cost software. So, while I have Poser, I prefer Daz Studio. My content library is the beneficiary and I own quite a few dynamic clothing items for Daz Studio. To say it's been frustrating though would be an understatement.

VWD, your program is going to revolutionize dynamic clothing and animations. If I have to use Poser to do it, I will, but I would love to know if I can use it with Daz Studio. I'm unsure if Carrara's animations can move over, but I do know I can move my Daz stuff to Carrara if necessary. I just find Carrara's interface, much like Poser's, very frustrating to deal with. Still, to use your tool, I'm willing to deal with the frustration of it.

I have one other question though that I did not see asked: I use a Mac, so is this compatible with my platform?

wimvdb ( ) posted Sat, 12 September 2015 at 6:38 PM

Another example of a simulation. This time to lift a skirt lift.jpg

0oseven ( ) posted Sat, 12 September 2015 at 11:36 PM

Anyone have an "animated" test render to show ? The static ones are really good but I wonder what results people may be getting with animated hair/cloth ? I have something I will put up soon.

3DFineries ( ) posted Sun, 13 September 2015 at 5:55 AM

0oseven posted at 5:54AM Sun, 13 September 2015 - #4228015

Anyone have an "animated" test render to show ? The static ones are really good but I wonder what results people may be getting with animated hair/cloth ? I have something I will put up soon.

Click on Virtual World Dynamics' You Tube link in his signature. 😃

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

fivecat ( ) posted Sun, 13 September 2015 at 11:58 PM

Another test with conforming clothing and hair. I posed on the first frame and then rotated v4 slightly over 15 frames to get some movement in the dress and hair. lirio_dress.jpg

fivecat ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 12:09 AM

A couple test animations, I had problems with one side of the hair on the first one because I didn't have the hair settings correct and I was getting mesh intersection, my error. The second is a test of vertice interactions. Star idle Vertice Interaction

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 14 September 2015 at 3:34 PM

@MacSavers : thank you for the revolution, whatever I am wary of the revolutions which, by definition, returns to their starting point ;-)). It is true that I have often been extremely disappointed with dress and hair animations even in quality productions. If I can bring my little stone, it is with pleasure. In the future, I would like to interface VWD in several software, among these, there are DAZ3D and Carrara. For cons, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I can not write the program for Mac. I could write much of the interface, but the graphics library that I use does not work with Mac. If I ask you to work with Poser in Windows, I feel you are going to hate me. ;-)) again.

I'm ready to send a new demo version. This version will take into account numerous comments made by Wimvdb which will aim to make reliable the program and improve its workflow. I take this opportunity to renew to Wimdvb a huge thanks for its test work. This version will be on the Renderosity site, Wednesday. I continue to dialogue with Jenn about the distribution of VWD in Renderosity. Even though I'm really optimistic, it is necessary to find a way to combine the constraints.

I Thank Biscuits, Fivecat and Wimvdb for their renderings and their videos.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2015 at 3:03 AM
Online Now!

oh no. I am mac only. I'm devastated!!! i have had good success with quite a few windows programs using crossover, and they will turn your PC program into a mac program for a price I think too if you want to talk with them. anyway I'll probably try it in crossover and see what happens Love esther https://www.codeweavers.com/products/

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Grimhilda ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2015 at 9:01 AM

I'm loving seeing all the examples of things being done with this program!

It's led me to buy more things to use with Poser and I've even upgraded to Poser Pro in the sale of the past couple of days.

Thanks again to those posting videos and images for the rest of us to enjoy!.

macsavers ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2015 at 3:25 PM

I won't hate you, but I do hate having to use Windows. I have it in BootCamp and I have Parallels, but it's like pulling an Ox through mud. It's SOOOOOooooo slow. Even on my son's gamer laptop, it's not a peppy OS. I can't tell you how many times I try to open something and after waiting an eternity and seeing nothing happen, try to open it again, only to get multiple windows of it once it finally opens. Ugh.

I just upgraded to Poser Pro 2014 with their recent huge discount from PP2012. I've installed it on my Parallels Win8.1 machine. I realize it's a virtual machine, but good lord, it took hours to install just the app and the Poser tools. I didn't add any content since I already had that. On my Mac, it took about 10 minutes. After four hours, it was finally done on the PC. If everything goes this slow on a PC, it will take forever to get anything done. I don't seem to run into this issues on my Mac. Usually PC games run better, but regular Apps don't. No idea why.

Ever considered having someone help you with a Mac port?

fivecat ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2015 at 6:59 PM

Reby Sky hair using wind. Star figure by Littlefox. reby_hair_wind2.jpgreby_hair_wind.jpg

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2015 at 2:21 PM

@estherau and @MacSavers : I am aware that all artistic fields are areas where the Mac is very often used. At home and in my work, I work on Windows and Linux. I acknowledge that I do not know the compilation on Mac. But I have friends who see only through this system. I am pleased that my product interests a lot of people, but I currently have a priority to complete the program for Poser and Windows. I do not reject any possibility of extension and I'm sure that Mac compilation is one. To have tried virtual machines, I know that the results are often extremely disappointing. You, however, would it be possible to make a test ... to see.

I posted a new demo version. This version takes into account many of the suggestions made by Wimvdb. There's still some changes to which will come in future versions.

This version should resolve the naming error problem. It should also correct the errors workflow, especially for hair. Help bubbles are positioned above each element of the interface. Keyboard shortcuts "F" to follow, "L" for lasso can facilitate the use of the program.

Tell me what you think of these improvements.

macsavers ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2015 at 10:46 PM

I have PP2014 installed on my virtual machine. I plan to test your demo on it soon. I will be happy to give a report on it. I will also test it via BootCamp as well to see how much faster it is over the virtual option.

3DFineries ( ) posted Thu, 17 September 2015 at 5:55 AM

It's looking better and better every day. The renders really make me want to give it a test run. Guess it's time to download it and play around. 😀

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

0oseven ( ) posted Thu, 17 September 2015 at 7:25 PM · edited Thu, 17 September 2015 at 7:27 PM

@3Dfineries - thanks for comment and yes I am aware of VWD's channel - I was wondering what videos anyone else had come up with. Fivecat has since posted links above to a couple - very nice demonstration of the cloth interaction with a hand.

Here is one I did - settings should have been tweaked more - eg I should have selected more vertices to hang the hair on and played more with other settings. But as it is a fairly fast & aggressive animation of V4 doing cartwheels it is not bad IMHO !

V4 Cartwheel VWD Cloth Sim

Biscuits ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2015 at 2:42 AM

@Fivecat & 00seven

Awesome examples! The slowmotion is so cool!

Gonna test some more in the weekend, looking forward to it! 💃

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

ErickL88 ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2015 at 8:02 AM · edited Fri, 18 September 2015 at 8:03 AM

Had a little play today with the Demo. So far I like what I see. Even tho it's not exactly easy (for me at least, yet) to get decent results, espec. for hair. I got it flying all over the place LOL .. What I missed the most (or I just didn't catch it yet) is a "Start over" kind of button. The "Restore all" button did nothing for me.

Still looking forward very much to the final release!

3DFineries ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2015 at 8:43 AM

Good Sim, 0oseven. I'm sure it will take some getting used to using, but once you get the hang of it, you'll most likely love it. I'm trying to get other stuff done right now so it'll be a week or two until I give it a go.

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

fivecat ( ) posted Fri, 18 September 2015 at 5:19 PM

@ Erick there is a restore all button, but it probably does not do what you want, and what I want, and that is a way to reset without having to start over. Another experiment, a capture from a 280 frame animation, Biscuit's Skylar

skylar08.jpg

0oseven ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2015 at 5:33 AM · edited Sat, 19 September 2015 at 5:35 AM

ErickL88 posted at 8:25PM Sat, 19 September 2015 - #4229154

Had a little play today with the Demo. . The "Restore all" button did nothing for me.

The restore button resets "Poser" to as it was before any VWD simulation was applied by the "Send to Poser" button.

It does mean you are fresh to start another session - though I know this is not what you were looking for. I think you want a button to zap the sim data you just made and start the "Dynamic Simulation " again - without doing anything else.? Currently not available but maybe in future versions but not the upcoming release as I understand VWD.

fivecat ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2015 at 5:58 AM

Restore deletes all the vwd objects and sets the originals back to visible.

ErickL88 ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2015 at 6:06 AM

0oseven posted at 6:04AM Sat, 19 September 2015 - #4229414

ErickL88 posted at 8:25PM Sat, 19 September 2015 - #4229154

Had a little play today with the Demo. . The "Restore all" button did nothing for me.

The restore button resets "Poser" to as it was before any VWD simulation was applied by the "Send to Poser" button.

... I think you want a button to zap the sim data you just made and start the "Dynamic Simulation " again - without doing anything else.? ...

Yes, that's indeed what I meant, very well put. =)

Biscuits ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2015 at 3:18 PM

I've been testing the new version.

And am very very pleased with the improvements.

Going to show some possibilities.

Some time ago I made some Sim Helper Props. Basically those are orbs that are parented to the hand, so the collision is more smooth and prevents explosion of the mesh. Originally made with Poser's Clothroom in mind, but very usable aswell with VWD!

The steps are as follows:

1. V4 as collision.
  2. Dress as Cloth > Free from edges delete bottomdress verts and nail to collision.
  3. Glove Left as collision.
  4. Glove Right as collision.
  5. Sim!

gloveeggs.jpg

gloveok.png

You can find the props in freestuff:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/biscuits-sim-helper-props/74478

Also the option selection by material is added.

Which means, you can select all the buttons at once very easily and then apply a Rigidify to make that zone stiff.

It comes also in very handy with double layered clothing and doublesided clothing, because you can easily apply a no self collide for current cloth on the selected vertices.

buttons.jpg )

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

fivecat ( ) posted Sat, 19 September 2015 at 3:26 PM

Very good idea, to have props rather than hands as collision objects. I'm happy to have the select by material also.

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Sun, 20 September 2015 at 1:12 PM · edited Sun, 20 September 2015 at 1:13 PM

VWD Cloth and Hair for Poser Demo Test

Played around with it last night. I have not tried it with hair or dynamic cloth, yet. The character's animation was exported from Daz into Poser. The conforming dress, (Tribal Dress by 3D-Age), was added in Poser. The animation was then created using just the default settings of the demo program. Truly amazing results, I think!!

This ain't your Daddy's cloth room.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 20 September 2015 at 3:50 PM

@ErickL88 : The "Restore All" button does not work perfectly. Its purpose, as stated Fivecat, is to delete all the _VWD files from Poser and redisplay the original files. However, this redisplay only works for characters and not for props. I want to make this change, but I have not taken the time to do so. You say you got in trouble with the hair generation, could you tell me what seem you complicated in this generation? I think I already have simplified this generation using Windvb advice, but I feel that the interface is not perfect on this subject.

Thank you for all the renderings you put on the thread, it is a great pleasure for me to see these images.

In the latest version of the program, the documentation has not changed. I want to thank Ooseven that helps me to create a better documentation. In order to not work on the two versions in paralelle, which quickly would generate an unmanageable problem. We will coordinate us to work both on the integration of new functions and improved translation.

I have not yet incorporate all the changes recommended by Winvdb, I will list those that remain to be implemented.

The latest version still contains errors. By doing tests, I have found that the vertices selection by materials does not work with the hair. This is fixed.

I feel that the necessity to close and then reopen the program in case of error, is a serious problem of usability. I began to think about the fact you can delete the last action with CtrlZ and you can delete a simulation element. The first tests seem satisfactory. As regards the reconfiguration of functions, it is possible but in some time. In relation to this, I wondered if an editing window of .RIP files would not be a better option. Tell me what you think about that.

Bad news, especially for me .-( , I have to be operated on one eye Wednesday. Apart from the fact that there is no reason that things do not go well, I'll probably slower for the response to messages for some days.

Biscuits ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 2:25 AM

Wonderful new examples posted!

@Virtualworlddynamics

Good luck with the operation and recovery!

Giant Hugs!

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

macsavers ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 10:33 AM

I'm doing my Mac to Virtual PC test and I'm already running into an error. Now, this is probably the most exotic configuration to do this, so I'm not surprised to run into a problem. My installation is pretty much non-standard and I've run into issues before without trying VWD. I've resolved those issues and have it running just fine on the Mac and in Virtual PC. But my non-standard installation does cause issues for situations like this and is a great test for what could possibly go wrong.

So, I have my Runtime actually stored in location other than the Home folder. I have it in the Shared folder in the User's folder. This allows other users to take advantage of all the content and keeps it out of my Applications section to solve bloat and backup issues. After a bit of tweaking on the Virtual PC side to see the Shared folder, Poser Pro 2014 sees the content just fine and loads it just fine. I can create a scene on the Mac and load it on the Virtual PC version and it works just fine.

Unfortunately, when I attempt to use VWD, I get an error after importing it an item. I've tried two different dresses with just a basic V4 character with no morphs. I did conform the dress to V4. Then I hit the Start VWD button, clicked the Poser® List button. The two items in the scene showed up as Victoria 4 and Sonya Dress. I select the Sonya Dress, click Cloth in the Import As. Then I click the 'Import Cloth' button... not quite sure why the two steps by the way... and it starts working... Eventually I get this error:

screenShot_vwdError.jpg

I'm assuming it can't find the OBJ due to the special location of the Runtime folder.

Biscuits ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 11:53 AM

Try removing the space in the name.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

macsavers ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 12:45 PM

Where? In VWD? In the Runtime? If I remove it in the Runtime, wouldn't that keep it from being found by Poser and Daz Studio? I'm not sure I want to have to make a change to a file in a Runtime just to make it work here since this is a real life test. You wouldn't want to ask a customer to do it that way.

Biscuits ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 12:59 PM · edited Mon, 21 September 2015 at 1:00 PM

The naming in the properties from Poser. Not the obj but the prop or figure in the scene you are working on, before starting vwd.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 21 September 2015 at 3:14 PM

@MacSavers : I think I have this cloth and I'll make a try. Biscuits was right to make you this proposal because we have had, for a while, naming problems. What surprises me in your error, is precisely the space that should not be there. Let me explain, for animation, I use the Poser clothroom (for .dyn files). You can try, but the Poser clothroom removes spaces when it imports object names. To comply with this naming, the first thing I do, in terms of import, is to delete the spaces in file names. Looks like the Python program is not running correctly. I am going to experiment with this dress and I give you the answer tomorrow. Could you make a test with a cloth without spaces in its name to see if the problem persists.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 22 September 2015 at 1:38 AM

@MacSavers : I just do tests and, in fact, I said some silly things. The clothroom Poser does not remove the spaces, it uses the internal name of Poser, which generally does not contain spaces. This internal name may still contains spaces. What I said, is completely false. Initially, there have been several problems naming and the spaces appeared to be part of these problems. I think this problem is now solved. Going back to your import problem, I wonder if the problem is not in Unix (Mac version) which does not like spaces in file names. Have you been able to experiment without spaces? In VWD, I will modify the exchange file names to conform to the naming of Unix. This should solve all problems.

Biscuits ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 10:14 AM

I've have been testing hair again.

For this test I made a very long hairmodel, not optimised yet but well enough to see if VWD can take it. This hairmodel has 76500 polygons.

The following images all show a static sim, default V4 with hair.

A static sim can be done with one frame only, but I'll show you what a static sim actually does. It drops the hair due to the gravity and you can stop the static sim whenever you think it looks good. So in fact it has unlimited invisible frames. Note that once you export a static sim to poser you only have the movement of the frame you stopped the sim on, not the complete animated cycle.

Basically stop the static sim and turn around your figure checking if all sides are ok, you can either restart the sim at this point or export to Poser. By the way you even can turn around the figure when the sim is active!

staticsim2.jpgstaticsim1.jpgWednesday, September 23, 2015 16.18_screenshot.jpglongside2.jpglongside.jpglongdynamichairtest3.pnglongdynamichairtest2.pnglongdynamichairtest.png

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

macsavers ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 2:13 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 2:06PM Wed, 23 September 2015 - #4230015

@MacSavers : I just do tests and, in fact, I said some silly things. The clothroom Poser does not remove the spaces, it uses the internal name of Poser, which generally does not contain spaces. This internal name may still contains spaces. What I said, is completely false. Initially, there have been several problems naming and the spaces appeared to be part of these problems. I think this problem is now solved. Going back to your import problem, I wonder if the problem is not in Unix (Mac version) which does not like spaces in file names. Have you been able to experiment without spaces? In VWD, I will modify the exchange file names to conform to the naming of Unix. This should solve all problems.

I tried it with the Louisiana Dress which only has 'Louisiana' as the name. I didn't get the error when I did that. I'll try again with an item with a space in it.

I'm still struggling with using the VWD right now. I know it's just lack of experience with it, so as I continue to play with it, I'll get better. Unfortunately, I don't understand French very well and my iPhone's Google Translate can't seem to keep up. Without any step-by-step to go with, it's bit start and stop procedurely speaking.

A few things have come to my attention:

1. Since we can't re-import the item into Poser, how are we supposed to test the renders?

2. Does this use Poser's dynamics to work with the item? If not, then importing it into Daz Studio might be an option, but when I tried it, it came up with "No binary morph file for useBinaryMorph on line ### (pick a line, there were a ton of 'em.) when it was reading the PZ3 file. Not sure this is the best way to do it, but I thought why not.

3. How can we save out work in VWD?

Biscuits ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 4:30 PM · edited Wed, 23 September 2015 at 4:31 PM

I try to answer your questions as good as I can, because Vwd had an eye operation today.

The Demo comes with a PDF manual, the step by step examples you find in the end of the manual. :)

1. The Demo doesn't export the simulation out, the commercial version does. However you can let it save an untextured video of your simulation, which is then saved in the Exchange folder.

2. This is a separate dynamics software, it doesn't use Poser's clothroom. I don't understand how you saved the pz3, the demo doesn't let you export to Poser.

3. VWD saves your previous settings from specific cloths and hair in the recorded imports folder, they are called RIP files, you can import them when you use the same item again.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

macsavers ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 4:46 PM

There's a 'VWD Louisiana' on Victoria, so I saved the PZ3.

Will the RIP file item be specific to the character model as well as the cloth item?

Biscuits ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 5:08 PM

The RIP file is specific for either the cloth or hair, but takes into accord the interaction with your figure. So it saves the collision from for example V4 aswell.

For hair the RIPfile saves, all the settings like collision, selected vertices, rigidity vertices, generated springs. And saves the simulation parameters aswell. You can open a RIPfile in notepad and even edit the settings there.

For cloth apart from the figure settings, it saves stretch, stiffness, vertices extension and neighbourhood, the distance and the nail to collision vertices and the simulation parameters aswell.

A RIP file doesn't save both cloth and hair in the same file. Because those are always separate simulations ...

except when you selected a VWD already simmed dress and want to collide the hair with that already simmed item. Then it will see it as an extra collision, but doesn't give you the dress settings only recognizes it as collider.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

Biscuits ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 5:46 PM

The hair workflow is much improved with Wimvdb suggestions. More intuitive and handier.

dynamichairlooooong.png

dynamichairlooooong300.png

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

0oseven ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2015 at 8:50 PM

Very nice biscuits - very nice !

Happy to say I am almost finished editing the manual and await VWD's response to a number of queries I have but with his eye operation I'm not expecting a reply soon.

My aim has been to ;

Re- phrase some paragraphs to clarify the meaning and/or make it easier to read. Tried to emphasise certain words so they appear more like headings therefore easier to pick out relevant topics. Correct grammar where necessary.

Overall I think VWD did a fantastic job with translating his manual to English but I hope my contribution will make it just that bit easier to use. cheers

fivecat ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 2:20 PM

@Biscuits, your new, longer hair is looking wonderful!

macsavers ( ) posted Thu, 24 September 2015 at 8:54 PM

So, you are using Python to move the items over. Is this required? Or could you take the information from a scene file?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.