Sat, Sep 7, 8:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 7:13 am)

Subject: Poser 11.2 - Upgrade or not?

consumer573 ( ) posted Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:00 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2019 at 4:06 PM

I operate Poser 2014 Pro Game Developer on a stand-alone machine. If we did it right (we'll know in six months), in theory I have a 'permanent' license from SM that doesn't ever have to go out to the web to be updated (there's a whole thread devoted to this saga, with thanks to Jen B and John Csaky). I also own a physical version of Poser 11 pro that I never installed.

1. If I want to install Poser 11.2 now, does it wipe out my Poser Pro Game Developer 2014, which is working perfectly and which I really like? Or can I have the New Poser 11.2 along with my Poser 2014 Pro Game Developer?

2. Will the new Poser 11.2 operate on my firewalled machine or does it require periodic check-in? My high powered graphics machine and all its software is NOT allowed to go out to the web. Ever.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 10:08 AM

ghostman posted at 8:08AM Sat, 21 September 2019 - #4362917

RAMWolff posted at 5:04PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362914

I am a casual Poser user but I wanted to make sure I'm up to date. From what Deecey it's not matching what happened for my update. I think the update went into the old Smith Micro folder as I think that's where the installer found the current installation for Poser 11 Pro. So should I uninstall the whole mess and have it install to the path that's screen shot above? Looking in my Program Files folder there is no Poser folder, so I ASSUME it all went into the Smith Micro folder. Thanks so much

It'll work anyway if you installed on top of the old one.

Thanks. I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled to get the proper path and Smith Micro folders out of the equation.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

MikeMoss ( ) posted Sat, 21 September 2019 at 11:43 AM

Hi

For anyone having the problem I did with it insisting that it use the Runtime in the User folder, (I did tell it to put the stuff in the Poser folder but it didn't) I just added the Runtime in the Poser folder as an option in the Poser Library. It shows only that Runtime when you have it set up that way so it doesnt make the screen busier.

So far everything is working OK I don't see a lot of differences but some of the UI is a little different.

I've opened a lot of my old files and a few of them don't work but 98% of them do, I just deleted the ones that don't. If I find something imortant that I want to keep I'll try harder.

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

inquire ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:43 AM

Is there a FREE UPGRADE for users of POSER PRO version 11.1.x, the latest version released by Smith Micro? If there is a place to upgrade from Poser PRO 11.1.x to Poser Pro 11.2, where is it?

It's a bit confusing for me, because the emails I got contain links that say it's $99 dollars. But, it also says I'd be upgrading from Poser 11 STANDARD. Also, on Renderosity's Market Place Pages, it has 3 Poser listings. One for the full purchase price, one that says upgrade from Game Developer, etc., and one that says upgrade from 10, 9, etc.

inquire ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:46 AM

SchelleFire posted at 6:44AM Sun, 22 September 2019 - #4362963

inquire posted at 3:01PM Fri, 20 September 2019 - #4362766

But is it "Free" for Only 21 Days? Or, is it a free upgrade for as long as you like? Where can the free upgrade for as long as you like be downloaded from? When I follow the link given above, I read: "The app includes a 21-day free trial period after which you will be prompted to purchase a license and receive your serial number."

This probably means that your license key didn't take. It should be an update to Poser Pro 11.2, not a trial.

My "license key" didn't take? Does this mean that I can enter my old SmithMicro license key for Poser Pro 11.2, and that will make it free? Or, do I have to pay $99 to get a new license key?

inquire ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 6:53 AM

inquire posted at 6:50AM Sun, 22 September 2019 - #4362764

PilotHigh posted at 4:27PM Thu, 19 September 2019 - #4362443

GuernseyMan posted at 2:03PM Wed, 18 September 2019 - #4362441

As far as I understand your copies of 10, 12 and 14P will all continue to run as if nothing has happened. 11P will need to be downloaded from https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads It's a free upgrade and comes with a load of extra content which is always good. The additional content files appear to be better organised into Zip files so you don't need to install all the old legacy stuff, just the modern figures if you want. It's live now!

Not sure why there is "Download" and "Faster Download". Who is going to press the "Download" button when its obviously slower 😀

Thanks.

Uh, as I read it, I would not call this a "Free Upgrade." It says that "after 21 days you will be prompted to purchase a license." So, I think they will deactivate version 11.2 after 21 days.

Is this a free upgrade? Because on the web page that opens when I click on the link, it says ```

Thanks for your interest in Poser. You can download and evaluate the app at any time. The app includes a 21-day free trial period after which you will be prompted to purchase a license and receive your serial number. You will need this serial number to register and download the additional content included with Poser. Please protect your serial number. Usage of the serial number beyond the allowed number of seats or excessive content downloads may temporarily disable your ability to use the software.

So, this seems to be saying that I cannot use my SmithMicro license key, but that I can use the new Poser 11.2 app for 21 days. Then, I will have to purchase a license and receive a serial number. Is this correct?

CobraBlade ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 8:33 AM

Either that or all the Pro features will be disabled after that time. Not sure.

Poser scripts by Snarlygribbly

Nails60 ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 8:56 AM

inquire

No it is not, if you have a poser 11, poser 11 pro or poser 2014 game dev licence it will accept that serial number. It won't accept poser 10, poser 2014 (non-game dev) or older poser licenses but these versions of poser will continue to work normally

Richard60 ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 10:37 AM

@inguire Download the Poser Program from posersoftware.com/downloads. Anyone can download the program. If you DO NOT have a valid serial number license for Poser Pro 2014GD or Poser 11 or Poser Pro 11 then you will have to purchase one as listed. This allows anyone to test the program for 21 days, If you had one of the above listed programs then simply enter your current 11,x serial number into the serial number box when asked. If the first part of the Serial Number says CUD instead of CRD also put in the serial number of the prior Poser into the Upgrade Serial number box as you need both for the program to allow the number to take.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

ByteFactory3D ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 12:11 PM

Just to give a small feedback, to avoid rumors: I just updated my Poser 11 Pro to the new Bondware version. It worked amazingly well. I made sure to select "external drive" during the installation procedure. This way, when it proposed some funny location for a Poser 11 Content directory, I was easily able to change this path to my formerly existing Poser 11 Content path. Second thing I made sure, was to check "use existing presets" (NOT backup existing presets and NOT overwrite existing presets). This way, all my initial startup scene, positions and sizes of open panels which I have open as default when starting Poser, all my library of around 70 differend content directories, everything remained in place, as if nothing had happened at all. I was even in doubt if the installation had really done something, opened the "about" window, but found the new ownership "Bondware" there, indication that I had indeed re-installed Poser. During the installation process I had to enter my license code which I had formerly purchased from Smith Micro (had stored the related mails about the purchase, which is recommendable in any case), and entering this everything worked just fine.

I also appreciate separate zip folders for individual contents, because I had some of it (which I had formerly acquired) already organized in separate folders a while ago, now I could simply use my old locations and am not forced to do a second installation of the same stuff in the Poser 11 Content folder.

Only thing I am currently insecure about: Did the files in the LEGACY content change? Because if they are exactly and unchanged the same like in Smith Micro Poser 11 installation, then I would rather not download all of that again and overwrite existing files. But If something has changed about them as well (license readme files?) then I will need to re-download all that stuff again? Does anyone have reliable information on this matter? In my understanding, the word LEGACY files indicates that they remained unchanged and are only included for those who first time install Poser 11?

MikeMoss posted at 6:53PM Sun, 22 September 2019 - #4362697

Hi

Well it upgraded to Poser Pro and I finally got it to use the Runtim in the Poser directory.

Be careful installing the optional content, a lot of it just takes you to a page to buy things in Poser not actual content, I think I'm going to start over and be more selective from the start.

I would have preferred to leave the old install but it forced me to uninstall it in order to go ahead even though I was installing to a new directory.

It wants to put your Runtime in your Users folder on C: no matter what you do.

So I have some work to do before I can open my old files in it.

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't render faster than your artistic Guardian Angel can fly... ;-)

Poser 5 to Poser Pro 11, Lightwave 11.6.3, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Substance B2M, Filter Forge 9, Blacksmith3D 6 Pro, Easy Pose 2, UV-Layout Pro, UVMapper Pro, Paintshop Pro 2019, Python, Pz3editor, PHI Hierarchy Builder, Headshop 12, Lux-Render, Reality3D, numerous utility programs

structure ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 1:58 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2019 at 2:23 PM
Forum Coordinator

The LEGACY files did not change, they are in separate zips because they will not be supported, they are there merely as a courtesy for those people who need them. There were some minor changes made to the props, moving the OBJ's and PMD's to the geometries folders, which means that older saved scenes may need to search for them, the legacy files will put everything back where it once was so that your poser will not have to search for them.

Locked Out

inquire ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 3:48 PM

Thank you very much for the clarifications. I downloaded and (This is a Macintosh version, by the way), it installed on top of Poser Pro 11.1.1x, but it also left my Poser Pro 2014, or Poser 10, I guess they're calling it now. So far, everything looks good. It also automatically took my license number. I had it saved, but it did not ask me to enter it. It does say the Bondware version, and it opened with La Femme as the standard figure. After checking out the new version a little bit, I am now downloading some of the additional content. For that, I did have to enter my license number. But, again, thank you everyone.

inquire ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2019 at 3:59 PM

Oh, yes, and it IS Poser 11.2.276, in the About Poser box, so it definitely is the 11.2 version of Poser. Still downloading the extra content.

ByteFactory3D ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 9:26 AM

As a content developer I still have my 2014 Pro Game Dev and my very old Poser 5 installed for testing purpose, side by side with Poser Pro 11. My update for Poser 11 worked well and after this all my 70+ runtime libraries were still in place, also all initially open panels were in place as usual. The update installed in the old original Smith Micro folder, so it was not renamed to Bondware or whatever. But thats okay for me, I don't care, as long as it keeps running.

The side installations 2014 Pro Game Dev and Poser 5 up to now have not suffered after the P11 update. Only I will be curious to see if the 2014ProGD version will cease or continue working when the Smith Micro licensing server will be shut down... I guess Poser 5 will continue running anyway, there was no such thing like "call home to check my license" existing by that time... Good old days ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't render faster than your artistic Guardian Angel can fly... ;-)

Poser 5 to Poser Pro 11, Lightwave 11.6.3, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Substance B2M, Filter Forge 9, Blacksmith3D 6 Pro, Easy Pose 2, UV-Layout Pro, UVMapper Pro, Paintshop Pro 2019, Python, Pz3editor, PHI Hierarchy Builder, Headshop 12, Lux-Render, Reality3D, numerous utility programs

mdbruffy ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 12:47 PM

inquire posted at 12:45PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363405

Oh, yes, and it IS Poser 11.2.276, in the About Poser box, so it definitely is the 11.2 version of Poser. Still downloading the extra content.

Wait-a-minute! When I downloaded the new program Thursday night, it was 11.2.272- NOT 276. Wish they'd settle on one verison and stay there. Can I go back and get 11.2.276?

DalekSupreme ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:44 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:52 PM

The latest newsletter states that unless we upgrade poser will stop working... so unless we hand over $99 our expensive software stops... that is extortion is it not? Isn’t that illegal in the USA it is in Australia.

I will have a licence upgrade and bug fixes as option please... and it should be free. In my humble opinion this is not a great way to start a relationship with Poser users.

The licence change is Bondware’s issue not mine to sort out and the developer has a duty of care to fix bugs... as for the new content bundle... great... ask us if we want to pay for that as thats fair. I already own all the headlined content so I don’t need it.

Please can someone clarify the situation as the newsletter and commentary is contradicting itself.

1: the upgrade is compulsory? 2: we have to pay $99 even with the latest version of poser? 3: you can keep your existing preferences?

Some clarity on this would be welcome.

inquire ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:49 PM

As regards the new content, I would like to see a store page somewhere before I install, for example, Tree House. It sounds good, but is there a link somewhere to where this product was sold? Were these products all sold here at Renderosity? Or, were some or all sold at the SmithMicro Poser store?

Nails60 ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:49 PM

If you have poser 11, poser 11 pro or poser 2014 game dev the update is free. All other versions of poser will continue working as normal. This has been explained many times in these forums.

inquire ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:51 PM

For the new content, I haven't installed any yet, and I haven't unzipped all of the downloaded files, either, but I was hoping for some modifications of the Construct, such that the Construct might be turned into various scenes. Is anything like this included in the new content?

inquire ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:52 PM

mdbruffy posted at 3:51PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363582

Wait-a-minute! When I downloaded the new program Thursday night, it was 11.2.272- NOT 276. Wish they'd settle on one verison and stay there. Can I go back and get 11.2.276?

Well, that was the Macintosh version I was speaking of. Perhaps the Windows version has a different version number?

DalekSupreme ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:54 PM

Nails60 posted at 6:52AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363624

If you have poser 11, poser 11 pro or poser 2014 game dev the update is free. All other versions of poser will continue working as normal. This has been explained many times in these forums.

Thank you. Of course that assumes all people read these forums all day and no one just reads the Bondware/Rendo newsletters that don’t state this... and contradict this statement.

inquire ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 3:57 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2019 at 4:00 PM

DalekSupreme posted at 3:53PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363622

The latest newsletter states that unless we upgrade poser will stop working... so unless we hand over $99 our expensive software stops... that is extortion is it not? Isn’t that illegal in the USA it is in Australia.

I will have a licence upgrade and bug fixes as option please... and it should be free. In my humble opinion this is not a great way to start a relationship with Poser users.

The licence change is Bondware’s issue not mine to sort out and the developer has a duty of care to fix bugs... as for the new content bundle... great... ask us if we want to pay for that as thats fair. I already own all the headlined content so I don’t need it.

Please can someone clarify the situation as the newsletter and commentary is contradicting itself.

1: the upgrade is compulsory? 2: we have to pay $99 even with the latest version of poser? 3: you can keep your existing preferences?

The information given me in this thread (see above) seems correct. If you have, that is, one of the qualifying versions of Poser, you should be able to download it and you will NOT have to pay the $99 fee. The email that was sent out was confusing, at least it was so to me. In my case, for the 11.1.1 Pro Macintosh version that I had, the download installed 11.2.276 right on top of it and picked up my license key during the install. I only had to enter my license key when I wanted to download the additional content zip files. It was all free. No payment was required by me at all. This link should take you to both the Windows and Macintosh download page, and the Additional Content Files link is right there, too: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads

inquire ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 4:15 PM

inquire posted at 4:13PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363623

As regards the new content, I would like to see a store page somewhere before I install, for example, Tree House. It sounds good, but is there a link somewhere to where this product was sold? Were these products all sold here at Renderosity? Or, were some or all sold at the SmithMicro Poser store?

Answering in Part my own Question: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/aj-tree-house-2/109494/ This link will take you to the Tree House 2 by AppleJack.

Any information that could be provided, such as store links to other included content, will be greatly appreciated.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 4:17 PM

inquire posted at 4:16PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363626

Well, that was the Macintosh version I was speaking of. Perhaps the Windows version has a different version number?

I think I or somebody needs to find out- especially if the later version has fixes the one I downloaded doesn't.

DalekSupreme ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 4:22 PM

inquire posted at 7:21AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363630

DalekSupreme posted at 3:53PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363622

The information given me in this thread (see above) seems correct. If you have, that is, one of the qualifying versions of Poser, you should be able to download it and you will NOT have to pay the $99 fee. The email that was sent out was confusing, at least it was so to me. In my case, for the 11.1.1 Pro Macintosh version that I had, the download installed 11.2.276 right on top of it and picked up my license key during the install. I only had to enter my license key when I wanted to download the additional content zip files. It was all free. No payment was required by me at all. This link should take you to both the Windows and Macintosh download page, and the Additional Content Files link is right there, too: https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads

Thank you. Yes that newsletter was scary to say the least! Thanks for clearing that up.

inquire ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 5:32 AM

mdbruffy posted at 5:27AM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4363643

inquire posted at 4:16PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363626

I think I or somebody needs to find out- especially if the later version has fixes the one I downloaded doesn't.

OK, in Poser (the Macintosh version, at least), go to the Poser Menu>Preferences>Misc>and you'll find a Software Update box. Be sure "Check for Updates on Launch" is checked, and you can also press the button "Check Now." I'll try to upload a screen shot. I would not be worried if the Windows version and the Macintosh version have little differences in the numbers at the end, such as 11.2.276 and 11.2.272. You're probably fine if there's no new Windows update when you check.Check for Updates.png

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 9:45 AM

Downloaded and installed, quick and smooth.

This bit:

"One of the fixes is a refactoring of the minimum basic runtime's file paths, "

seems to have caused an odd issue. I had been lazily keeping some of my often-used resources inside the Downloads folder in my runtime, which has always been outside of the ProgramFiles nonsense. After the update, Poser doesn't recognize the Downloads in my external location. I never put anything real inside ProgramFiles, so I just moved the few items I really use from Downloads into more specific locations, where they should have been anyway!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

mdbruffy ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 12:01 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2019 at 12:02 PM

OK, in Poser (the Macintosh version, at least), go to the Poser Menu>Preferences>Misc>and you'll find a Software Update box. Be sure "Check for Updates on Launch" is checked, and you can also press the button "Check Now." I'll try to upload a screen shot. I would not be worried if the Windows version and the Macintosh version have little differences in the numbers at the end, such as 11.2.276 and 11.2.272. You're probably fine if there's no new Windows update when you check.Check for Updates.png

I've done that several times and every time it says my software is up to date. So apparently, Macs have a different version count than PCs do.

consumer573 ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2019 at 3:20 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2019 at 3:21 PM

consumer573 posted at 4:19PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4362970

Try again....

I operate Poser 2014 Pro Game Developer on a stand-alone machine. If we did it right (we'll know in six months), in theory I have a 'permanent' license from SM that doesn't ever have to go out to the web to be updated (there's a whole thread devoted to this saga, with thanks to Jen B and John Csaky). I also own a physical version of Poser 11 pro that I never installed.

1. If I want to install Poser 11.2 now, does it wipe out my Poser Pro Game Developer 2014, which is working perfectly and which I really like? Or can I have the New Poser 11.2 along with my Poser 2014 Pro Game Developer? I believe I have a permanent license for PPro2014GD.

2. Will the new Poser 11.2 operate on my firewalled machine or does it require periodic check-in?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 3:39 AM

Hey, Wheatpenny! I should point out that some of the confusion is being caused it seems by the Title of the Thread. It is an UPDATE, NOT an UPGRADE.

Kerya ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 4:51 AM

EClark1894 posted at 4:50AM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4364136

Hey, Wheatpenny! I should point out that some of the confusion is being caused it seems by the Title of the Thread. It is an UPDATE, NOT an UPGRADE.

Depends ... if you had PP2014GameDev or P11 (not Pro), you get an upgrade. If you had PP11, it's an update. Sooo, it is both. LOL

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 5:58 AM

Technically, but my point still stands.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 12:56 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2019 at 12:57 PM

inquire posted at 1:54PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4363640

inquire posted at 4:13PM Mon, 23 September 2019 - #4363623

Answering in Part my own Question: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/aj-tree-house-2/109494/ This link will take you to the Tree House 2 by AppleJack.

Any information that could be provided, such as store links to other included content, will be greatly appreciated.

Acctually, since I always install content manually, I had the Renderosity store open in my browser the whole time, and went looking for each and every piece of content in the numerous zips, and EVERYTHING is from content providers here in the Renderosity store.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

structure ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:06 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2019 at 2:10 PM
Forum Coordinator

consumer573 posted at 8:01PM Thu, 26 September 2019 - #4363914

consumer573 posted at 4:19PM Tue, 24 September 2019 - #4362970

Try again....

1. If I want to install Poser 11.2 now, does it wipe out my Poser Pro Game Developer 2014, which is working perfectly and which I really like? Or can I have the New Poser 11.2 along with my Poser 2014 Pro Game Developer? I believe I have a permanent license for PPro2014GD.

2. Will the new Poser 11.2 operate on my firewalled machine or does it require periodic check-in?

Poser 11 will overwrite your current poser since it is an update, and not an upgrade ( which is a new version number, ) in the case of PP10GD it is an upgrade, but a forced one due to the licence server for SM no longer existing, if you ever have an issue with your game dev, and need to reinstall it, it is possible that it may not work. Permanent licence or not. In order to preserve your game dev version, you will need to change to folder name and backup your preferences before installing p11 on the same machine. And P11.2 does not require a periodic check-in so it will happily run on your firewalled machine.

Locked Out

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 3:16 PM

This morning, I applied the update over my existing installation of Poser Pro 11.1.1, which is on a computer not connected to the Internet. Unfortunately, now the software won't launch at all. All I get is the "unable to contact license server" popup.

My questions for Poser's new owners/developers: Is there currently any way to manually activate Poser 11.2 on a machine without Internet access, as was possible with previous versions of Poser 11? And if not, may we expect such an option to be offered in the near future?

structure ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2019 at 4:00 PM
Forum Coordinator

little_dragon : I will make enquiries for you on this toopc

Locked Out

PandaB5 ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 3:26 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2019 at 3:32 AM

Backups and Updates

Will these downloads be there forever - i.e. if I need to install Poser on a new PC or hard drive, would I be able to download them again or do I need to keep my own backups?

I downloaded this on the 25th and today it's telling me there's an update available. Do I need to re-download the entire 1.2GB file and the Poser support.exe file again to apply the update?

Casual games for Windows PC, browsers and Android devices
https://www.evolutionarycasualgames.com/

hudengnorf ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 3:33 AM

Since this might affect somebody thinking about updating:

Can somebody explain where to find the queue manager installer for remote nodes?

Before I used the SM download manager to download it. Since there is no separate download link for QM on posersoftware.com/downloads, I looked at the reference manual on page 24, which states: "When you install Poser Pro, it will also install the necessary files for Queue Manager that you need on the installation computer. The separate Queue Manager installer is intended for remote nodes [...]" without giving a hint where that installer was put.

If I am missing something obvious, it's not obvious to me :)

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 3:41 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2019 at 3:43 AM

hudengnorf posted at 3:37AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364316

Can somebody explain where to find the queue manager installer for remote nodes?

Run the P11.2 installer, but when you get to the select components window, change the default (full installation) to Queue Manager only. You won't need a serial number for the Queue-only installations.

Queue-only install.png

The build number for Queue is different than P11.2 but they still work together.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

hudengnorf ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 4:32 AM

seachnasaigh posted at 11:16AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364317

hudengnorf posted at 3:37AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364316

Run the P11.2 installer, but when you get to the select components window, change the default (full installation) to Queue Manager only. You won't need a serial number for the Queue-only installations.

Thanks for the lightning fast answer seachnasaigh, much appreciated!

On a side note, for me personally, this is the optimal solution offering great control. Unified installer, no download manager, plus no need to bother with the qm license anymore? Well done.

The build number for Queue is different than P11.2 but they still work together.

And thanks for that too, you anticipated what my next post definitely would've been about.

structure ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 7:59 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2019 at 8:00 AM
Forum Coordinator

@4364224 from the top:

There is currently no mechanism for off-line activation and no immediate plans to add it. We do have the ability to set a lease/grace-period on a license as an arbitrary number of days. So the current process to enable a computer for offline use would be:

Contact support & request an extended lease/grace-period on your license Connect your computer to the Internet Register with your SN After registering, you should then be able to use your computer off-line for the duration of the lease.

Locked Out

structure ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 8:00 AM
Forum Coordinator

Locked Out

raven ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 8:03 AM

Little_Dragon, now there's a name I've not seen for a loooong time!

mdbruffy ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 8:35 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2019 at 8:36 AM

structure posted at 8:34AM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364335

4364224 from the top:

There is currently no mechanism for off-line activation and no immediate plans to add it. We do have the ability to set a lease/grace-period on a license as an arbitrary number of days. So the current process to enable a computer for offline use would be:

Contact support & request an extended lease/grace-period on your license Connect your computer to the Internet Register with your SN After registering, you should then be able to use your computer off-line for the duration of the lease.

Just a second. Are you saying that if we happen to lose our internet connection- which has happened to me on occasion-That I won't be able to use Poser? I'm not crazy about being so tied to the internet that my programs depend on it in order to function.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 9:47 AM

Okay, just installed 11.2.289. And I'm not getting any error messages. I have my Libraries panel set for both the Tree and the Item list panel and I have it set for my Number Two runtime- which is actually my primary runtime. The tree is showing up, but the item list is blank, Any ideas?

mdbruffy ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 12:10 PM

mdbruffy posted at 12:10PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364379

Okay, just installed 11.2.289. And I'm not getting any error messages. I have my Libraries panel set for both the Tree and the Item list panel and I have it set for my Number Two runtime- which is actually my primary runtime. The tree is showing up, but the item list is blank, Any ideas?

Never mind. The list came up after I turned the tree off.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 2:42 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2019 at 2:44 PM

Thank you for your response, structure.

As I have no means of connecting my Poser computer to the Internet right now to complete re-registration, I'll simply make do without Poser 11 for the time being.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 2:48 PM

Anyone installed the latest verision update yet? I got a notification - through Poser - that a new one was available.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

mdbruffy ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 3:20 PM

SamTherapy posted at 3:18PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364440

Anyone installed the latest verision update yet? I got a notification - through Poser - that a new one was available.

I have- 11.2.289 and it did NOT solve my issues with KinectCapture or PythonShell. It worked fine for 2 starts, then the exact same error messages started popping up again.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 27 September 2019 at 4:58 PM

mdbruffy posted at 5:57PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364449

SamTherapy posted at 3:18PM Fri, 27 September 2019 - #4364440

I have- 11.2.289 and it did NOT solve my issues with KinectCapture or PythonShell. It worked fine for 2 starts, then the exact same error messages started popping up again.

Which Kinect are you using? AFAIK only Kinect 1 is supported.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.