Thu, Sep 19, 3:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Comic Stuff

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 11:43 PM ยท edited Sat, 07 September 2019 at 11:46 PM

@rokket I bristle at the thought of the Thing's soft skin being exposed due to the Hulk blows. The only one in marveldom that could keep up with the Hulk was Thor. I wonder if we will see that in the movies (I'm like three movies behind cuz my movie buddy is no longer with us).

dlfurman posted at 9:40PM Sat, 07 September 2019 - #4361355

Comic Stuff? Cool!!! Has anyone been able come up with a Kirby Krackles(tm) Skin shader? See Quasimodo. It doesn't have to vary in color (that would be nice though :) ) Something to indicate a form, but made of energy. Something akin to this:

dlfurman and braefell, welcome to the thread. One more page from that issue. Page_22.jpg

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 07 September 2019 at 11:48 PM

rokket posted at 9:47PM Sat, 07 September 2019 - #4361415

dlfurman posted at 6:09PM Sat, 07 September 2019 - #4361355

Comic Stuff? Cool!!! Has anyone been able come up with a Kirby Krackles(tm) Skin shader? See Quasimodo. It doesn't have to vary in color (that would be nice though :) ) Something to indicate a form, but made of energy. I have a feeling that is something Poserdom would like to see. I still have problems just understanding Alpha Channels and transparencies.

Actually, it just dawned on me that you could probably create the Kirby effect in an image app like Photoshop or GIMP and apply it to the single sided square in Poser and then scale it to fit. You would use a transparency on it. I'll work on something tonight and post the results when I get it finished.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2019 at 3:23 PM

There are things you can do inside Poser's Sketch Room, but you have to work with the settings to get there. This was based on a couple of passes of some custom settings I worked up, merged together in Photoshop, to create a pencil look. But I imagine that had I worked a bit more with the black point setting, it would create a pretty gosh darn good pen and ink look as well.

pole2.jpg

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2019 at 5:49 PM ยท edited Sun, 08 September 2019 at 5:53 PM

@4361472 Michel at the Club, 28 of the July 1964? I think I was next door.

Anything to automate most of the process (you MUST do some by hand) is welcome. Especially the inking. That is what gives comics and manga that something special. Think of it. The entire Japanese Manga industry is based, more or less, on Black and White. They do such a great job at it that I really didn't care and the few colors pages were considered a treat. (One Hero Academia gets special notice including the episode that saved Anime). I notice that a full page on here just eats up a thread so I'll try and keep the page dimensions down. I would like to ink this. I have the background separated in CS6. This was something I was working when as Sam Therapy puts it, "Life Happens". rokket, I'm still searching for more files from my HD crash. I'll surprise you yet.

New Girls in Town Cover ver 1a copy.jpg

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2019 at 5:53 PM

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2019 at 3:52 AM

I look forward to being surprised!

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2019 at 3:53 AM

I made an attempt at the Kirby dots, but it didn't want to play right. I think the idea was sound, but my execution was lacking. I will try it again when I am not frustrated and overworked in the real world and can spend more time on it.

What I did was so bad I am not even going to post an example...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2019 at 12:53 PM

SeanMartin posted at 1:52PM Mon, 09 September 2019 - #4361472

There are things you can do inside Poser's Sketch Room, but you have to work with the settings to get there. This was based on a couple of passes of some custom settings I worked up, merged together in Photoshop, to create a pencil look. But I imagine that had I worked a bit more with the black point setting, it would create a pretty gosh darn good pen and ink look as well.

pole2.jpg

That really rendered nicely. Looks like it could be a page from a sketchbook.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

SeanMartin ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2019 at 4:12 PM

dlfurman posted at 5:10PM Mon, 09 September 2019 - #4361522

That really rendered nicely. Looks like it could be a page from a sketchbook.

Thanks. That's kind of the idea: it's a sketchbook from an ex-pat American who goes to Paris and gets trapped and subsequently vanishes in the student riots in 1965. I've been playing with the project for two years now and finally have a handle on it.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 26 November 2019 at 11:52 PM

you have some good ideas and nice artwork - i like the way you made the robot morph. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month. ย Oh, and it's free!

HartyBart ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 2:19 AM

illeniumsolution posted at 8:19AM Wed, 27 November 2019 - #4371294

Here are some top tips for best

illeniumsolution = spammer.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

HartyBart ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 2:28 AM ยท edited Wed, 27 November 2019 at 2:31 AM

Demo of a minimal-postwork workflow in Poser and Photoshop. This keeps colours, inks, shadows all on their own layer, and thus easily edited. The Photoshop import and layer-blending can be automated by recorded Actions, once you have your workflow nailed down. The starting colours render could easily be normal colour flats under IBL lighting, here it just happens that a fast Sketch render was being used as a more artistic starting point.

biobotic-demo.jpg

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 5:56 AM

interesting technique. does this work for transparent things like eyelashes and eyes and transmapped hair? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month. ย Oh, and it's free!

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 1:04 PM

HartyBart posted at 11:01AM Wed, 27 November 2019 - #4371377

illeniumsolution posted at 8:19AM Wed, 27 November 2019 - #4371294

Here are some top tips for best

illeniumsolution = spammer.

I reported the SPAM post the same day it was posted. I told them it was SPAM and it should be removed. The mods have done nothing. It is a blight on the whole community that serves no purpose save to profit the poster. Jenn, Boni, I love you both. Could you remove that post and at least suspend the account. If you allow one, there will be more.

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 1:18 PM

HartyBart posted at 11:04AM Wed, 27 November 2019 - #4371379

Demo of a minimal-postwork workflow in Poser and Photoshop. This keeps colours, inks, shadows all on their own layer, and thus easily edited. The Photoshop import and layer-blending can be automated by recorded Actions, once you have your workflow nailed down. The starting colours render could easily be normal colour flats under IBL lighting, here it just happens that a fast Sketch render was being used as a more artistic starting point.

biobotic-demo.jpg

Your tips are well recieved. Thank you for the knowledge. I do have a couple of questions.

1. You said remove Gamma via the default script. Where is that script? I can't seem to find it. I do have a LOT of scripts so perhaps you can tell me where to look.

2. Inking is one of the things that really gives comics it's look. I always ink by hand (WACOM TABLET) but anything to automate the process is welcome. I am not quite certain how to go about your process. I know there is a pen setting but it still would leave the colors intact, wouldn't it? I'd still have to remove the colors by hand. How to render an ink only render would be precious knowledge and worth the price of a cheeseburger (If you're not from the USA, it's our greatest contribution to the world of food. That and French Fries which aren't really French. Much respect to the French, they are really good at Bread. I mean, how good is a croissant?)

So a little clarity pleased. I do have a comic tutorial that I can post in return but it's a youtube video. The last one I posted wasn't well received. I literally got about 60 views and ZERO comments.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 4:15 AM

I just finished a really nice Spider Gwen suit. Modeling-wise, it's nearly perfect. The only problem is that my UV mapping is tripe. So once I get that fixed, I'll post a render.

I have no intentions of using it in my comic, but I felt the urge to create it and I let the muse fly.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 11:25 AM

I remember that Spider Gwen Outfit! It was really cool but really girly! I can't wait to see it.

If you're still feeling creative, I've been trying to find something like this. Double Breasted chauffeur Outfit for M4. Trying to kluge one together is harder than finding a turkey with six legs (For posterity, it's turkey day 2019.).

Enjoy your time in Port (If you are in port), if you're at home, enjoy your family. We're celebrating the birth of my grand nephew, Monarch Tanner James via my niece, Bianca. It was touch and go go a while but we saved them both. As his uncle I will begin his Wu Dan Kung Fu training as soon as he can walk. When he gets a bit older, I'll send him to you for Wet Works Black Ops Training and using, by that time, Poser 26.

In the meantime, Welcome back!

chauffeur for Poser.jpg

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 10:23 PM

Congrats on the birth and I hope your turkey day was awesome. I am not in port, but will be in early next month. I will see if I can find some decent reference images and give that outfit a try.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2019 at 12:25 AM

rokket posted at 10:16PM Thu, 28 November 2019 - #4371656

Congrats on the birth and I hope your turkey day was awesome. I am not in port, but will be in early next month. I will see if I can find some decent reference images and give that outfit a try.

Thanks Rokket! It was strange as I had an inkling of a dream that she would have a boy and she did! 50/50 odds but I hit it. It is something wondrous to see a baby only 4 days old suddenly calming as soon as his mother or father held him. They say it's because a baby can smell it's mother's breast milk but that doesn't explain how he quieted when his father took over the duties. Of course I called my son and told him to get busy! LOL! 4 days old. That child has a chance to see the year 2100!

Thanks for even considering making that outfit. I think the one they used to have is for M3 but it is unavailable. I won't comment on the quality because I can't do better but that is the design I want.

I'm sorry you aren't in port but I hope at the least you got fed. We have enough leftovers to last a while but not too as I love leftovers. Sometimes food is actually better the next day. My only regret is that my love isn't here to enjoy the day and family with me. Still, enough sadness.

It's officially the holidays!

HartyBart ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2019 at 2:31 AM ยท edited Fri, 29 November 2019 at 2:40 AM

Answering the questions which arose from my recent post here:

does this work for transparent things like eyelashes and eyes and transmapped hair?

The display-mode I'm using for the shadows render doesn't like such things, but that shouldn't matter much. All you want are the shadows for blending. Since the deep shadows render is on its own layer in Photoshop when you paste it in, a flick of the Photoshop eraser should remove any ugly blocked-in transmapped eyelashes or similar. Without damaging the layers beneath (you may need to "knock out white" for precision editing of inks, and there are many free actions to do that). Obviously for hair you'll want stuff that shows up nicely in real-time Preview and other display modes. That usually means some of the hair that was produced in the sweet-spot when Genesis 1 fibremesh hair was being shipped with Poser files. The DSON plugin will bring it into Poser.

"remove Gamma via the default script. Where is that script?"

Not remove, lighten. The script ships with Poser 11.2 and is found at: Top Menu | Scripts | MaterialMods | ChangeGamma. Try a value of 1. It's easy to use and can lift grungy dark textures without having to fiddle around with re-texturing. Although you will want things like toon skin (get the free "Material set for Comic Book Preview in Poser 11") and will want to leave those alone re: Gamma lifting.

"How to render an inks only render would be precious knowledge"

Just standard real-time Comic Book Preview in Poser 11. Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkN8dN-FtGI

HartyBart ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2019 at 2:44 AM

I can no longer edit my post above. The line "a flick of the Photoshop eraser should remove any ugly blocked-in transmapped eyelashes" should read "a flick of the Photoshop eraser or a white brush should remove any ugly blocked-in transmapped eyelashes".

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 29 November 2019 at 5:28 PM

Thanks for coming back and answering those question, Harty. I never thought to use the preview mode for inking. I'll give it a try when I come back from work. Hopefully, I can get in a few extra hours and spend it on this Black Friday sale.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2019 at 1:09 AM

quietrob posted at 11:08PM Fri, 29 November 2019 - #4371710

Thanks for coming back and answering those question, Harty. I never thought to use the preview mode for inking. I'll give it a try when I come back from work. Hopefully, I can get in a few extra hours and spend it on this Black Friday sale.

The preview render is how I did that girl holding the gun a couple pages back. I didn't think to change the gamma setting, or it might have gotten rid of all the noise in the building texture.

HartyBart ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2019 at 7:14 AM

"I didn't think to change the gamma setting, or it might have gotten rid of all the noise in the building texture."

I've been looking at methods for "grunge reduction without retexturing" recently. Lifting the gamma is one partial method. Another is the Photoshop plugin Topaz Clean 3, which sadly is not in the Topaz Black Friday sale. Actually, I'd also be interested if anyone can replicate this level and fidelity of cleaning for free, by stacking the default Photoshop filters on a 'colour flats' render from Poser 11's Comic Book Preview mode.

degrunge.jpg

Talking of Black Friday, the software Comic Life 3 for the desktop has just discounted - to $15 this weekend.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2019 at 5:37 PM

I'm sorry Harty. The first time I like to follow directions directly. You said to render at 2800 pixels but didn't mention the DPI. For my comics I normally use 300 DPI as 600 just takes too much time to render with my slow machine. I suppose it might not matter in preview mode.

You can get the Topaz Clean plugin for Photoshop for $30 dollars american. There is a trial period but I don't see any restrictions on it as they said there would be.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2019 at 3:17 AM

I can't afford to use Photoshop, so if that plugin doesn't work in GIMP, then I have to find something else to use.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2019 at 3:31 AM

A lot of brushes and Photoshop plugins work in GIMP, or there are GIMP specific versions that do pretty much the same thing. I'd post a link, but I've given that up in this forum from now on.

HartyBart ( ) posted Sun, 01 December 2019 at 10:04 AM

I'd post a link, but I've given that up in this forum from now on.

Yes, I agree. I think I'll give up this thread, at least. The phrase "pearls before swine" springs to mind.

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 02 December 2019 at 4:45 PM ยท edited Mon, 02 December 2019 at 4:54 PM

HartyBart posted at 1:51PM Mon, 02 December 2019 - #4371897

I'd post a link, but I've given that up in this forum from now on.

Yes, I agree. I think I'll give up this thread, at least. The phrase "pearls before swine" springs to mind.

First to business. The Topaz Clean Plug-in is for Adobe Photoshop and cost 30 bucks. There is a trial period that will expire in 30 days. I'm saving up for it. My budget is tighter than yours. I'm going to get it. Thanks for the tip Harty. For those that use GIMP. I get it. There is, rather was a free version of CS2 out as late January 2019. Things change quickly. If you want to stick with GIMP which is understandable as you can't beat that price, I would say do a little research and you may find the equivalent for the techniques listed above. Try Flatting Scripts in your search engine.

Now then...

Do not cast your pearls before swine. Do not waste good things on people who will not appreciate them. I think is the finishing part of that scripture.

I am the original poster. It's my thread but certainly all are welcome. They are welcome if they want to post tools for whatever software you use to accomplish your goals. They are welcome to post pages of their comic offering whether completed or a Work in Progress (WIP). They are welcome if they just wish to comment or offer valid critiques based on their own experiences. You never have to agree with their critiques. Nothing is more subjective than art. You never have to defend your technique whether that technique is to use a rendered image or turn that rendered image into something more traditional. Many times, in other threads, I've heard digs both backhanded and obvious that assail those who wish to do pinups. They are welcome too. Show me a comic by any of the mainstream houses and I can show you a swimsuit issue, or even a girl with a sword in front a temple by their comic hero or heroine. Yet even those Pinups are only valid because they relate to a good story. Write a good story and those skimpy bikini clad heroines will have an extra dimension to them. There are those who only wish to tell jokes and make us laugh. They are welcome too. Divergence from a topic doesn't kill a topic. It opens new avenues and ways of thinking. Even purer than that, there are few things better than watching milk snort from Afrodite-Ohki's and Miss B's nose at the same time.

I've wrote Harty and peppered him with questions and he's been kind enough to provide illustrations as to his workflow. Reveal tips and tricks that profit us all. I'd made over 200 pages of comic art and only stopped for reasons that those know me well understand. I loved doing it and will do it again. Even after making so many pages I found he knew ways of improving comic art or the workflow for those of that use Poser and an art enhancement software of their choice, that I didn't know. Every person that makes comics has resources and we all benefit when that resource is shared. Especially when the only benefit to the person is doing a kind thing for others. It's why I'm incredibly indebted to rokket and his modeling skills, his experience in drawing comics (by hand!) and ideas of good characters and good stories. It's why I appreciate Harty, who is very busy, coming here and sharing his knowledge. If you leave the thread, just know you have my thanks.

"Cast ye not pearls before swine." Excellent advice. However, I see no swine here. Only comic creators. Like me. And you. Rokket, Harty, Earl, Sean Martin and Ester, You are appreciated.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 03 December 2019 at 1:27 AM

Well said old friend.

There is too much to gain to let petty behavior run anyone off. And I am sorry that there seems to be a lot of it.

I didn't think a thick skin would be necessary in a hobby like this, but there you go.

I hope it all blows over. Anyone who is serious about the craft stands to gain a lot if they allow those who want to share their expertise the chance to do just that.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2019 at 1:55 AM

SpiderGwen.png Not in comic format, but I did say I would post when I got to shore. I am still fixing the UV mapping and redoing this texture map, so it's still a work in progress...

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2019 at 4:35 PM

Whoa! Thanks to you, I learned how Spidey Gwen was supposed to look. I remember thinking she looks so very girly. I have to say, She looks amazing. Perfect fit, Perfect textures. What figure did you use? You say it's not finished but I can't think of anything else that needs to be done. An outline of the pink area's? No..

Well, for those that didn't know, here is Gwen, Spiderman's first love before Mary Jane who was more interesting in every way. Gwen was killed in the original comics by the Green Goblin. Back then it was quite traumatic for Spiderman fans as Stan Lee had a policy of NEVER bringing back dead heroes or characters. Obviously they brought here back in some type of reboot or an incarnation of the multiverse (Spiderverse? Rokketverse?) Anyway, dare to compare and you can see how good a job this is. I think it's already amazing.

Spidey Gwen 2.jpg

Spidey Gwen 1.jpg

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2019 at 6:29 PM

The big thing is there is a lot of distortion in parts of the map and when I flatten those parts the lines go awry. So I have to fix that. That is Miki 4 under the cowl. I also have to figure out how to model the hood so I can put the web texture inside. Thanks for the complements. Don't give me a big head!

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2019 at 8:34 PM

I would only say to make the blue cover her toes and more of her heel and sole. Whether to include the balllet straps are a tossup. One image says yes, the other no. I rather like it without the straps. Perhaps make it a morph or a texture change to hide/show them. I mean, they are girly and super cute. The peaks at her breasts are a tad bit high. The side pink on her torso is a bit low. However, I don't see any distortion but you have a creators critical eye. All I'm doing is playing "Find the Difference". You didn't ask for any critique so I will say sorry if you wish. Overall, if you quit right now, it looks ready. Even as a WIP, I rate this superb.

As for your swollen head...don't get cocky. ๐Ÿ˜

Anmeli ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2019 at 10:40 PM

I bought Poser to illustrate my graphic novel that I'm working on, but since the update I can't get past the SN issue. Guess it's back to mannequins and pencils.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 2:06 AM

quietrob posted at 12:03AM Sun, 08 December 2019 - #4372466

I would only say to make the blue cover her toes and more of her heel and sole. Whether to include the balllet straps are a tossup. One image says yes, the other no. I rather like it without the straps. Perhaps make it a morph or a texture change to hide/show them. I mean, they are girly and super cute. The peaks at her breasts are a tad bit high. The side pink on her torso is a bit low. However, I don't see any distortion but you have a creators critical eye. All I'm doing is playing "Find the Difference". You didn't ask for any critique so I will say sorry if you wish. Overall, if you quit right now, it looks ready. Even as a WIP, I rate this superb.

As for your swollen head...don't get cocky. ๐Ÿ˜

I threw this together a little fast. I didn't really follow the reference images like I should have. In fact, I think I only looked at one image a couple times, so things are off. I am still having a hard time with the UV mapping so if there is an update, it will be awhile. Plus I am at sea again.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 08 December 2019 at 2:09 AM

And if you want to see in your face distortion, look at the webbing on her upper torso. It was drawn in to follow the angle of the black part of her suit going to the point of her breasts. It is kind of twisted.

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 1:09 AM

Anmeli posted at 11:04PM Sun, 08 December 2019 - #4372675

I bought Poser to illustrate my graphic novel that I'm working on, but since the update I can't get past the SN issue. Guess it's back to mannequins and pencils.

There is a plethora of threads with the same problem as yours. State the details of your problem, the version you are working with, the update that failed and your OS. We'll do our best to help you. Suggestions here often can help faster than a support ticket though you should submit one. I know the updates work fine as I and many others had seamless upgrades and are happily Posering. Don't give up.

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 09 December 2019 at 1:24 AM

rokket posted at 11:09PM Sun, 08 December 2019 - #4372678

And if you want to see in your face distortion, look at the webbing on her upper torso. It was drawn in to follow the angle of the black part of her suit going to the point of her breasts. It is kind of twisted.

Every time you say that you're at sea, the song Brandy by Looking Glass comes to mind.

"Yeah, Brandy used to watch his eyes. When he told his sailor's story. She could feel the ocean fall and rise. She saw its raging glory."

Anyway, I didn't think that was distortion. I just thought because it's a WIP you were still tuning that side webbing on her torso. I think it will be a fine addition to the Super Hero costumes. I think TerryMcG and Joe Quick would agree. I know that when I'm adapting textures I've gone as high as version 9 as I move a patch here or adjust a rank there. Obviously modeling takes a lot of time to get things right but I've learned that good texturing requires a lot of effort too. You and the other creators can let us know which takes longer. Still, it's good work, bro!

My saving up list. UVlayout. (About 100 Bucks) Topaz Clean (29.99 out the door)

I do have Blender and Hexagon but you generally get what you pay for. I read in another thread that Littlefox uses Modo (1800 bucks for a permanent license or 50 bucks a month) I think I'll need to spend that much on a new computer to run it) Zbrush is what Darkseal uses...895 Bucks or 40 bucks a month. I always forget if you use Wings or Silo. Whichever you use, I think the results are worth it.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 10 December 2019 at 12:44 AM

I am using a few different programs for different uses: Wings for most of the modeling, Blender for a few things, 3DS Max for some stuff. The modeling takes the longest, followed by UV mapping, and then texture mapping for me. Others may have several different answers to that question.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2019 at 2:44 AM

Hey all, quick, dumb question...

Are there any images in this thread?

I can't seem to see any images in this thread (haven't tried others). I thought it was a not logged-in issue, but logging-in yields same results. I checked my site settings, and can't find anything that would hinder me from seeing images.

I see images in the market, freestuff, and galleries - it appears I just can't see any here.

I don't believe it is a browser issue, but I am using SeaMonkey (Linux Firefox derivative) 2.48 on FatDog64 (Ubuntu based Puppy Linux).

Any help, or insight appreciated.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Thu, 12 December 2019 at 3:06 AM

I tried editing my previous post, but it does not seem to have taken -- If this ends up a duplicate, I apologize.

Please disregard previous post - it was a SeaMonkey browser issue (can't see forum images), but I forgot I also have Firefox installed, and I can see images in FF just fine.

Great images and techniques everyone...

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2019 at 11:27 AM

Cover10.jpg

Cover for issue 10 of LOTK volume 2.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2019 at 1:14 PM

Ten issues? How many pages per issue? Please provide a link so we can check it out. Looks pretty scary so far. May I make a small fun suggestion? It's something I'm doing now for all of my new upcoming issues as I continue (Not Reboot) my Temple series?

I'll wait for your answer. In the meantime, Good font choices. Without reading it, It looks like it fits the Genre.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 13 December 2019 at 8:56 PM

Spider Gwen is done. I will be to sea until after Christmas, so I will have to wait a couple weeks until I can post the final render.

In the meantime, I am going to play with making it a toon.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 5:31 AM

Here's the link: http://legendoftheknyghtmare-vol2.thecomicseries.com/comics/

Im always open to constructive criticism!

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 5:56 AM

quietrob posted at 5:55AM Sat, 14 December 2019 - #4373248

Ten issues? How many pages per issue? Please provide a link so we can check it out. Looks pretty scary so far. May I make a small fun suggestion? It's something I'm doing now for all of my new upcoming issues as I continue (Not Reboot) my Temple series?

I'll wait for your answer. In the meantime, Good font choices. Without reading it, It looks like it fits the Genre.

Suggest away! Each issue is between 22 and 30 pages. Link to the comic is in the post above this one!

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 1:21 PM

Thanks I'll read it as soon as I get back home. In the meantime, I'm posting another cover. Ohki, please critique. I want eye catching covers. Knightmare, you too. You already have my site mail with suggestions to your piece. rokket, you know I'm interested in what a pro thinks. Oh what the heck Anyone who has an opinion go ahead.

The Cover art is done at 300DPI and 22 X17, then I do my postwork at this size then when I'm satisfied I reduce the size to 11 X 8.5 which I believe is comic book size. It's close enough to A4 size for you purists. Gotta go earn some shekels!! On a Saturday.

Reduced Size Extra Fun.jpg

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 1:25 PM ยท edited Sat, 14 December 2019 at 1:30 PM

Oh rokket. If you're still up for the Chafferur outfit. I only need the jacket for M4/F4. I actually found that I had pants with Johdpurs! If not, no worries. I have to learn how to model so I can make stuff for YOU! (and Rhia) Bleh. I need a better font for the Senpai Studios box (which is me for the Art and Story and any friends that act as editors).

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 2:48 PM

TEST COVER.jpg

How's this, Rob?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.