Sat, Aug 3, 8:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:40 pm)

Subject: Look at my Hair plug-in: introducing my new toy

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 8:01 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 8:10 PM

I decided it was about time to introduce my latest plug-in project, still under development, which will allow Studio4 users to create, style and model hair and fur on each Poser/DAZ figure and object.

Please visit the blog: http://look-at-my-hair.blogspot.it/ and take your time to watch all the movies (especially this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=876SCeFleIQ) and images, and read the information available there.
I also made a FB Fan Page here: www.facebook.com/LookAtMyHair

I hope you will find it interesting.

Here attached a few renders done using LAMH, also available in the blog and FB Fan Page.

If you have questions or need further information, I'll be pleased to answer.

Genesis Gorilla

Lorez Cat

Malamute puppy

Victoria 5

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 8:34 AM

Very interesting !  

Eternal Hobbyist

ldgilman ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 12:42 PM

I am liking what I am seeing!!

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 5:13 PM

ooo fantastic!!

can't wait, do you need a beta tester??

++waves hand in the air+++

www.bloodyrosesdesigns.com

http://www.aldaraproject.com/aldara/

http://www.dreamslayervisions.com

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 5:18 PM

Hi, there will be a public call for beta-testers on the blog, so be sure to subscribe to the feed!

My Rendo Store

Razor42 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2012 at 7:02 PM

Another very impressive plugin my friend.

Looks great!

Roboman28 ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2012 at 6:26 PM

Looks superb. A definite must have. Look forward to the production version.

ProPose001 ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2012 at 11:58 PM

Will this plug-in work in Carrara, or is this just for DAZ Studio?

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2012 at 2:19 AM

DAZ Studio only.

My Rendo Store

cedarwolf ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 10:50 AM

Fascinating.  Can you allocate to specific locations such as, say, moustache or beard?

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 11:14 AM

Hi, thanks! Yes you can grow hairs on every possible mesh follicle and there is also a tool to finely remove hair so that you can create smooth contours.

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 5:39 PM

Hey, AM!

Been watching out for this ever since I saw your post here, and am REALLY ready for something like this, I gotta say I'm stunned with the technique shared here and am hoping the script will be ready soon.  Is there time frame when this will become available, and where would it be sold at?

...wolfie

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 5:41 PM

Hi wolfie thanks, I think it should be out around June-July at the DAZ store.

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 5:53 PM

Well I can already say you sold one here lol, that's for sure.  And thanks so much for this possibility and your answer!

I can bet that if you get with Martin (Opitex guy at Daz3D), you guys can pretty much create dynamic hair (via export from LAMH/import into his dynamic program), I'm excited with the prospect!

One more question, once you import into DS, will you have the ability to add fits (such as V4, S4, A4, etc...) to use on other V4 characters?

...wolfie

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 6:00 PM

Ah.... that was an easy sale, good for me! LOL

I'll certainly be willing to develop a physics engine to apply to the hair, but not in the initial release.

About your question, well when you create a hair model say for V4, it will fit to all the figures of the same family, so M4 to make an example (and also S4 and A4, which I never used BTW). That way you won't have to start a model from scratch but just use the one already done.

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 6:10 PM

Wonderful!  :)  I'm very happy to hear the fits won't be an issue (at least I'll be able to use the hair again anyways for the same family).

I did figure the dynamics part will take more time, mean while I'm anxious to grab the program as is now!

And now I sit and wait... lol  Thanks, friend!

...wolfie

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 6:21 PM

Thanks to you and stay tuned!

My Rendo Store

ldgilman ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 11:54 PM

I am also anxiously awaiting the release. I went to your web site but couldn't find it. Not that it matters, my primary desire is to get your hair plug-in.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 9:50 AM

Well I guess for the time being this is the place to post since the DAZ forums are not up and running fully as of yet.  Hope development is going well!  :biggrin:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 9:55 AM

All good, thanks Richard! I have some new and important "juice" to share as DAZ forums will be online again...

My Rendo Store

BethQQQ ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:01 AM

Quote - All good, thanks Richard! I have some new and important "juice" to share as DAZ forums will be online again...

Why wait?  There's no telling how long that's gonna take -- tell us here!  Pretty please?

˙ʇɥƃıs ɟo ʇno ʇsnɾ `ɹoɹɹıɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝpıs ɹǝɥʇO

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:11 AM

I agree with Beth... let's have it kind sir.  Is that you in the avatar?? hubba hubba! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:14 AM

AA so glad I found this thread .....was starting to suffer major withdrawals......ya know,shakeing hands repeatedly checking e-mail box,refreshing  .....wheeeooooo!!

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:14 AM

Yes that's me :)

OK let's do like this: as I'm ready with the new "juice" (should take another day), if DAZ forums are not back online I'll post here.

My Rendo Store

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:54 AM

Iwas watching this thread at DAZ, oustanding product! Lookng forward to more info also!

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Wiccan ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:02 AM

Ahhhhh, it's so nice to see a familiar thread.   I really wish I could experiment with it.

Oh BTW, will this play well with DS 4.5?

Thanks! 

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:10 AM

Quote - Oh BTW, will this play well with DS 4.5?

Thanks! 

Absolutely yes!

My Rendo Store

Carri58 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:12 AM

Okay now I will wait for the juice news !!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:18 AM

Bring on the juice!  :tongue1:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:53 AM

Actually I think it would only be fair posting updates here as well, I can't post in Daz at the time, but there are others as well that got banned from there (I can, and might, ask for my privilage back, but I don't want to deal with hard nosed unforgiving vendors there anymore).  I want so bad to join in the conversations there and there's hardly anything going on over on this side (Rendo thread).

So, yea, like Richard said, bring on the juice! :D lol

...wolfie

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:02 PM

oh wow so glad to find this thread!!! I was going crazy without posting in the daz thread daily!!!  I can't wait to find out what's new!  I haven't seen any new facebook posts so I thought maybe you were waiting on the new forums with daz but NO idea when those are going to be live again!!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:17 PM

Miss ya Wolfie! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:19 PM

Quote - Miss ya Wolfie! 

Hey, I miss ya too buddy, how ya been?? :)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:31 PM

Good.  Allergies are yukky but other than that good.  Hope life is treating you well. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:48 PM

Life is treating me swell here, only complaint is that I still don't have a girlfriend lol. Got pretty smashed last night for my birthday hehe, luckily I didn't wake up with a hangover :D

Hey, got a new character goin' on, and am partnered with PDesign, am almost finished :)  Hmm, I should post her sneak peek here (in the commercial forum, don't think you're allowed to do promotions on a normal forum)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:59 PM

Well I'd sure love to see her.... Happy Belated Birthday to ya!  :biggrin:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:21 PM

hi all and happy birthday... :)

So so so so excited to see what AM is going to surprise us with!!!

jamminwolf ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:40 PM

Thanks, brother wolff :D  You'll see her soon!  And thanks, UserAlia (do I know you?)

AM, sorry to highjack your thread hehe, so will quit.  I as well am very exited to see what you're up to with the hair thing! :)

...wolfie

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:42 PM

Astonishing surprises, believe me :woot: (blatantly pushing my product).

My Rendo Store

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:45 PM

Quote - Thanks, brother wolff :D  You'll see her soon!  And thanks, UserAlia (do I know you?)

AM, sorry to highjack your thread hehe, so will quit.  I as well am very exited to see what you're up to with the hair thing! :)

...wolfie

No problem wolfie. As a side note, if you like you can call me Alex, that's my real name.

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:49 PM

Quote -
No problem wolfie. As a side note, if you like you can call me Alex, that's my real name.

Thanks a lot, Alex! :)

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:34 PM

So shouldn't say Alessandro then??

Jamminwolf, i'm belovedalia from the daz forums.

I'm bustin with excitement over whatever the news is.. but its 4:30 am in my time zone and i can't stay awake any longer >_< zzzzz

but i guarantee that i'll check the thread again as soon as I wake up! :D 

FOR SURE!!!

I was seriously going crazy with no forum to watch the updates!

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:01 PM

Quote - So shouldn't say Alessandro then??

Whatever you like is fine. I just wanted to say that since, for not italian folks it's difficult to type Alessandro, you can just use Ale, or Alex. No problem whatsoever

My Rendo Store

Carri58 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 5:41 PM

So AA will answer to anything you call him .......just don't call him late for dinner!!

Sorry couldn't help myself, heeeeheehehe

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:39 AM

Quote - > Quote - So shouldn't say Alessandro then??

Whatever you like is fine. I just wanted to say that since, for not italian folks it's difficult to type Alessandro, you can just use Ale, or Alex. No problem whatsoever

Alessandro is cool, so is Alexander..

I named my son a variant of that, but my husband and I had a veeeeeeeery hard time choosing.... we were stuck between Alastair and Alexander.... in the end we chose something different.  I love love those names tho!

durf ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:56 AM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:58 AM

I hope this hair is dynamic ??? (need to be very dynamic to defeat poser)

else i use fibermesh from zbrush what works fine for me.

papillon68 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:01 AM

Quote - I hope this hair is dynamic ??? (need to be very dynamic to defeat poser)

Hi, no there is no dynamic or physics engine in the first release.

My Rendo Store

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:23 AM

Quote - I hope this hair is dynamic ??? (need to be very dynamic to defeat poser)

There are benefits of this new plugin besides just making hair.  it uses curves so it takes less computer resource, renders faster, and moves with the figure. 

Zbrush is exceedingly expensive and so LAMH plugin will be a far more affordable alternative.  Furthermore while I like zbrush fiber hair, it is a big resource hog and my computer cannot handle more than one simple instance of it... if I wanted to load zbrush fiber hair for an entire animal for example, it would be impossible for slower or older computers to handle it.  

LAMH first version will already have a lot of options and abilities....

A second version will have more options, likely will have physics--- something incredible as Daz Studio doesn't have a physics ability built in so AM will be making it! 

Personally I think LAMH is going to be making big waves in the Daz community!  Don't underestimate it... I think its potential is unlimited thanks to the hard work of Alessandro. Looking forward to the AMAZING renders people will end up making with it. :)

mattymanx ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:59 PM

I will be waiting to buy this when it becomes available.

I have so many ideas that I want to try with this thing.  But please take your time to make it right Alex, whcih I know you will.  I will be waiting, my money too.

papillon68 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 8:16 PM

Quote - I will be waiting to buy this when it becomes available.

I have so many ideas that I want to try with this thing.  But please take your time to make it right Alex, whcih I know you will.  I will be waiting, my money too.

Thanks mattymanx. I'm working on it every day since months now, and I'll certainly release it only when I'm confident it's working ok and testers will also give the green light.

Rushing things has never been in my "policies"

My Rendo Store

ldgilman ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:24 PM

Quote "Rushing things has never been in my "policies""

I am VERY happy to read that. As a newbe I have enough problems with out trying to trouble shoot.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.