Wed, Sep 18, 2:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Restarting the development of VWD

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 3:36 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:17 PM

I am happy to have a bit more time to restart this development.

I would like to explain some ideas for the future. I need your help to find the best way in this work.

Here are my wishes :

• someone, on YouTube, asked me if it was possible to work on soft bodies. Many years ago, I worked on the generation and the simulation of a volumetric mesh based on tetrahedral elements. I just restart this development to include this function in VWD. The mesh to simulate needs to be a closed volume. In the program, I only test that the mesh has no free edges. I made a test, at this period, on a pillow. here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAd4SH_OuWM

• I want to compile VWD in 64 bits. From now, I used a library named GLScene. The version I used was only 32 bits. There is now a version that allows to work in 64 bits. I want to make some tests to be sure all will work correctly with this new version. Then, I will be able to compile VWD in 64 bits.

• I want to finalize the GPU version. Many parts of the program work correctly with the GPU programming. Some functions don't work perfectly and the self-collision don't work at all. I would prefer to create a version with a correct functioning of the GPU and don't make a partial version.

• I want to create some clothes with a specific meshing. The meshing is a frontal meshing which generates a very regular triangular mesh. Triangles close to equilateral triangles. This kind of meshing allows to have a very precise behaviour for the clothes. I will make some clothes in the coming weeks. These clothes will help you to understand what I explain. This clothes will be sent with the one or several RIP files corresponding to one or several behaviours (materials).

• I want to work on a function which will restructure the mesh to transform it in a format (a mesh size) compatible with VWD. The difficulty in this development is to keep a shape precise enough for the parts having a very small meshing.

I hope the new functions will be interested to you.

Please, give me your thinkings and tell me your opinion on the priority in these developments.

I wish to everyone a very new year with, of course, many projects.

Gérald

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

itou31 ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 5:37 PM

Hi Gérald, GPU for me is the priority to work on. Thanks for the update status.

akuei2 ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 6:52 PM

GPU and 64bits ( large memory support ) in need at this moment. Maybe at the future, implement soft body no only effect to usual mesh, but also skeleton. I'm interesting on jig body part when object movement occur.

headwax. ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 7:40 PM

Hya Gérald , that's terrific thank you. The GPU support and the 64 bit is welcome news. !

regards from oz

npayn ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 10:58 PM

Hi Gérald, great work. 64bit for me. Thank you.

tomyee ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 1:35 AM

Gérald, will there still be a 32-bit version in the future? I ask only because I am still on 32-bit Windows XP, am hoping that I can continue to use VWD (there are already many programs I use that are now Win7 only, and already that feels like I am old and ancient lol, I cannot use any newer versions now...)

I also got a chance to use VWD again last night (haven't had much time for Poser the last few months sadly) and I was thinking that there are 2 features that would be nice to have:

1. snapshot feature: sometimes I am watching a simulation, and I stop it, maybe change a few settings, then continue the sim only to discover that my changes made things worse, not better... It'd be nice if when a sim is momentarily stopped, I could tell VWD to take a snapshot of the state of the simulation. If I restart and things go bad, I can revert back to where I took the snapshot and try different settings to see if they give a better result.
  2. ability to paint an area of the cloth to be stiffer or softer/silkier: since there is no presets for different materials like cotton, wool, etc. I am forced to always test out settings over and over again until I can get something that looks good. Sometimes I see the sim results are close to what I want but one or two areas of the cloth are too stiff or too soft, whatever. It'd be nice to have a paintbrush where I can paint over some vertices on the cloth with new spring settings, then continue the simulation and hopefully those areas will soften up or stiffen up more based on how heavy I painted that area (similar to a weightmap brush)

Smaker1 ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 4:12 AM

Hello Gerald

great news for 2018 !

For someone stupid like me : what would be the benefit/application of softbodies? I imagine that the pillow sample could also be done with internal pressure, no?

The last point interest me. If I well understand it could be a VWD functionality to modify the mesh (resolution, triangulate,...) to VWD "standard" so that we could have predefined parameters (leather, silk, ...) which give the same behaviour whatever the original clothe. I'm I right? Will it also keep the original UV mapping?

grinch2901 ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 9:57 AM

Magnificent news. I use VWD almost daily. I thought when dForce popped up I would split time between the two solutions but dForce crashes on me 100% of the time. I literally have never gotten a sim to work. Perhaps a driver issue or something but the truth is, who cares? I have VWD so I don't bother trying to fix my dForce issues. 64 bit would be great because I do still get memory limitation issues and would hope 64 bit would reduce them. GPU would be awesome too, through since I don't do animations the current speed of VWD is adequate. But the thing I most look forward to would be the mesh topology work, the ability to get expected behavior out of a garment without lots of trial and error would be really useful.

Thanks for keeping development moving forward.

tomyee ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 12:21 PM

Smaker1 posted at 12:17PM Thu, 25 January 2018 - #4322997

For someone stupid like me : what would be the benefit/application of softbodies? I imagine that the pillow sample could also be done with internal pressure, no?

@Smaker1 I wonder if softbodies might not be good for errr, simulating the soft part of a body (lol) for example breasts or the butt. There are some occasions when I think it'd be great if one is posing V4 and the breasts would automatically behave like real breasts and collide against V4's torso due to gravity or the angle of her pose, or perhaps rest against the ground if she is lying on her stomach. Similarly if V4 sits down, her bum would gently squish due to sitting down on the chair.

Seems silly but since there are still many people who render V4 in bikinis or skimpy wear, the realism of the softer parts of her body could be captured through VWD softbody simulation I guess.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 3:01 PM

tomyee posted at 9:50PM Thu, 25 January 2018 - #4323029

Smaker1 posted at 12:17PM Thu, 25 January 2018 - #4322997

@Smaker1 I wonder if softbodies might not be good for errr, simulating the soft part of a body (lol) for example breasts or the butt. There are some occasions when I think it'd be great if one is posing V4 and the breasts would automatically behave like real breasts and collide against V4's torso due to gravity or the angle of her pose, or perhaps rest against the ground if she is lying on her stomach. Similarly if V4 sits down, her bum would gently squish due to sitting down on the chair.

Seems silly but since there are still many people who render V4 in bikinis or skimpy wear, the realism of the softer parts of her body could be captured through VWD softbody simulation I guess.

Thanks tomyee and waiting for some video 😃 !!

Could we also have small skin folds around clothes like some vendors are doing? Realfit string bikini by 3dwizard for example in the " other store"

tomyee ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 3:18 PM

Yes, if Gerald can do some videos of bouncing breasts thanks to VWD, I think that will greatly help his sales 😂

Always remember the old saying: "Sex sells... even if it's simulated!"

And yes, it would be great if there was a VWD tool which lets you paint folds onto clothes, like a "pinch the cloth here" type paintbrush or something. Dragging the vertice doesn't always produce the folds I hope to see, and the regular simulation can create folds in places where I don't want them, and no folds in the places where I do, lol. It's still very hit-or-miss.

akuei2 ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2018 at 10:19 PM

tomyee posted at 10:18PM Thu, 25 January 2018 - #4323046

Yes, if Gerald can do some videos of bouncing breasts thanks to VWD, I think that will greatly help his sales 😂

Always remember the old saying: "Sex sells... even if it's simulated!"

And yes, it would be great if there was a VWD tool which lets you paint folds onto clothes, like a "pinch the cloth here" type paintbrush or something. Dragging the vertice doesn't always produce the folds I hope to see, and the regular simulation can create folds in places where I don't want them, and no folds in the places where I do, lol. It's still very hit-or-miss.

Agree! Dude like breast & Butt bouncing ....

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2018 at 12:13 PM

Thank you for all these replies. They give me a high energy for restarting the development of the program.

I just want to give some precisions :

I'm writing the Soft body simulation. But what is, for me, a soft body. A soft body is "clothe" which is defined as a closed volume. This property allows to fill the mesh by volumetric elements (tetrahedrons). Then, the simulation is not made only on the surfaces but on all the volume of the clothe. The simulation made with the pillow would be impossible on a simple surface simulation.

The simulation of the soft parts of the body is, for me, another problem. Some years ago, I resolved this by creating a wire whom the displacement modified some morph parameters. I made this on the chest. This program was sold here, at Renderosity and was called DynaChest. https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dynachest/66004. I don't know if this program is yet sold at the marketplace now. If you want to test is, don't buy it (if sold), I can send you the program by email. This program works on Poser with Victoria 4. I explain you the principle of this program : A wire is placed on each breast. The rigidity of this wire can be modified. When the animation is played, the wire moves following the movement of the body (and the breasts). All these movements are recorded and each displacement of the wire modifies a morph (chest : right, left, up, down). The final movement is realistic because it corresponds perfectly to the animation. I wanted to make another development for this function (not included in ClothAndHair), sorry!! My goal is to expand this function to all the body. The program would allow to select a vertex, to define the stiffness of the wire and the movement of the wire placed on this vertex will modify 4 morph parameters, for the 4 directions. Tell me if my explanations are clear enough and if you think this program would be useful to you.

For the 64 bits version, I have to install a new computer with my compiler and the library. I don't want to make these tests on my current computer. I will give you the results of these tests. The program will be compiled in 32 and 64 bits.

For the GPU, I really have to find why the Self-Collision don't work correctly. I am sure there is a very simple error in the source. Perhaps, I will ask some help to resolve this issue.

I hope this will reply to your questions. If I forgotten something, please tell me.

Zokreb ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2018 at 12:59 PM

Hi Gérald,

Thanks for being so transparent about your current progress but also about issues your are facing.

Just to add some data to your "survey", x64 and GPU are also, in my humble opinion the top priorities. Actually, I'd consider x64 on top because, while CPU simulation is already very fast, I'm often facing memory issues with meshes that contain metallic parts with dense meshes. If I and want to apply rigidity, it often becomes a memory hog. I'm guessing this would be solved with x64 memory management.

Also, even if not on your list, i wonder if it'd be possible to consider "elasticity" on a per material/selection basis in the future, when you have some spare time ;)

Thanks again !

sriesch ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2018 at 9:27 PM

Although I have not yet had a chance to experiment with VWD much yet and do not know how much benefit a 64 bit version will provide, if that would eliminate out-of-memory stability issues (if there are any) and/or allow simulations that otherwise could not be done, that would be my highest priority from your list above.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2018 at 9:39 AM

64Bit and GPU, with 64bit being preferred; considering how fast VWD is usually, 64bit is more important to me. Insufficient RAM is the most annoying. Is it me, or is it slightly slower in Studio 4.10? Comparisons I've made suggest it.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2018 at 4:47 PM

The 64 bits and the GPU seem to be the winners.

I will try to make the first tests on the 64 bits version soon.

For the GPU, I just began the tests and I began to make some modifications to resolve the Self-collision issue.

The Volumetric simulation works fine now. It can be very useful in many cases. I will make some videos soon too.

Nobody gives me his feeling concerning the wires method. I can say you that this method is simple but very efficient. Morphs managed by dynamics can be very precise.

I am sure it will not be possible to make realistic simulations of soft bodies using only a surface mesh. The controlled deformations or the volume meshes seem to me the best choices.

akuei2 ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2018 at 7:06 AM · edited Mon, 29 January 2018 at 7:07 AM

DynaChest , check. V4 chest very boing and very realistic, I LOVE'IN IT . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcHHutCAO0Y

But too sad to hear it not include in current software, if it release as new as support G3F G8F in daz studio, I will buy! Because boing chest is dude romance.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2018 at 10:48 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 5:29PM Mon, 29 January 2018 - #4323242

The 64 bits and the GPU seem to be the winners.

I will try to make the first tests on the 64 bits version soon.

For the GPU, I just began the tests and I began to make some modifications to resolve the Self-collision issue.

The Volumetric simulation works fine now. It can be very useful in many cases. I will make some videos soon too.

Nobody gives me his feeling concerning the wires method. I can say you that this method is simple but very efficient. Morphs managed by dynamics can be very precise.

I am sure it will not be possible to make realistic simulations of soft bodies using only a surface mesh. The controlled deformations or the volume meshes seem to me the best choices.

If the wires method can help to have better and natural adjustment of the body (bottom, chest,...) with interactions with other parts of the body (arms, ...) or objects (sitting on a bench), if it works whatever the character (V4, Genesis,...) and integrated in VWD : me WANT!!

Could you send me Dynachest to make an idea? Does it means that there must be existing morphs in the character (upper right,...) or could it be morphs independant? To leave breasts or butt aside 😃 : I have the cheek resting on the hand of my character could the cheek be a little bit deformed naturally ?

tomyee ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2018 at 9:39 PM

@Gerald: Is DynaChest only useful for Poser animations? I do static renders, but as noted I think if V4 is hanging or lying down, and DynaChest can create more believable "breasts at rest" this would be useful to me too. I don't know if I fully understand the idea of wires, that seems like it is meant for a walking or running V4 than V4 lying still.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2018 at 4:12 PM · edited Tue, 30 January 2018 at 4:13 PM

Thank you for all these replies.

In fact, the wire simulation allows to deform the body of the character reacting to the dynamics. Visibly, it is not enough, you would like to have a soft body reacting to the dynamics and reacting to the collisions.

Today, I thought to this problem and I had an idea.

As I said in a previous message, the volumetric meshing in another method to deform realistically a mesh. This deformation can be done using the movement of the body or can be done by a collision. All is perfect, but, how can we displace the body. A full soft body will only react to the gravity : a ragdoll. For a static simulation, it is not difficult. We just remove the gravity. For an animation, it is necessary to define a skeleton on which is tied the volumetric mesh and we have to reinvent the animation 3D. I thought to another solution. We can record the animation of the body like we can do with the a collision actor. Then, we can define some vertices which follow their "Poser/Daz animation" position. The other vertices will be displace by the simulation and the tetrahedral meshing.

Tell me if my explanations are not clear enough. This method should revolve many cases of soft simulation.

There is another problem, the character meshes (V4, G2, G3, G8) are not defines as a closed volume. It is necessary to transform these meshes as closed volume. Not necessarily very difficult.

@Stef : DynaChest will not very useful for the simulations you want to do. But I can however send it to you, if you want.

I'm confused but I didn't test DForce. I tried to find realistic simulation like a dance or other complex animations but I never found anything like this. Someone has found this kind of simulations?

I'm waiting to your replies with impatience.

Have a great day.

Gérald

Surody ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2018 at 5:35 PM

Oh, I finally found the forum :D. Did you think about making a Patreon to finance your development?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2018 at 4:45 PM

Hello Surody,

I am pleased you have found the forum.

I just looked at Patreon.com. It is certainly a good method to finance my work. I will look at the method to create an account and how works the concept. Have you used this opportunity yourself?

I thank you a lot for this information.

Gérald

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2018 at 9:22 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 9:18PM Wed, 31 January 2018 - #4323462

Hello Surody,

I am pleased you have found the forum.

I just looked at Patreon.com. It is certainly a good method to finance my work. I will look at the method to create an account and how works the concept. Have you used this opportunity yourself?

I thank you a lot for this information.

Gérald

Yes, I have a quite succesful Patreon with more than 600 supporters currently. I can assume that advertising software like VWD could be quite difficult but to increase your income overall and to give you more motivation to keep developing I still think creating one would benefit you. Perhaps make some goals like (Softbody at 200$ a month). Something like this to motivate your supporters to pledge a certain amount. If you need some more advanced advices you can write me a e-mail. I got more than 2 years expierence with Patreon so far.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2018 at 4:36 PM

Hello,

I began the development of the idea I had. This will allow to make some videos showing the results.

@Thomas : excuse me, I didn't reply to your question. Dynachest can work for a static renders but it just allow to modify a morph automatically, not more. If, in your static render, you want to have a collision with the floor or an other actor, Dynachest is not enough. The new method will allow to manage the two functions at the same time... and in VWDClothAndHair.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2018 at 1:25 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 8:25AM Fri, 02 February 2018 - #4323540

Hello,

I began the development of the idea I had. This will allow to make some videos showing the results.

@Thomas : excuse me, I didn't reply to your question. Dynachest can work for a static renders but it just allow to modify a morph automatically, not more. If, in your static render, you want to have a collision with the floor or an other actor, Dynachest is not enough. The new method will allow to manage the two functions at the same time... and in VWDClothAndHair.

Interested I am 😃 !!

tomyee ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2018 at 3:51 AM

Thank you Gerald, yes I was thinking mainly of collision with the ground (but as well each breast colliding with the other breast possibly), and I suspected DynaChest was not going to handle such a collision, but it is good to know that this may be added for a future update of VWD!

erik-nl ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2018 at 5:40 AM

This is all VERY VERY exiting news! Can't wait to see it in action!

bwldrd ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2018 at 10:27 AM

Sounds like some great ideas. Thank you for the continued work and support on VWD :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Akabane ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2018 at 6:42 AM

Hi Gerald and thx for the news. I´m very pleased to hear about all the news and my priority list would by 64bit and GPU support, like many others said. And Chest Physics! xD

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2018 at 4:14 PM

Hello,

many functions work correctly now. I will do some videos to show the method needed to start a simulation made with a volumetric mesh. For now, the mesh must be a closed volume. I have now to write a function to cap the holes for opened surfaces. Very useful to Daz's characters. The function allowing to keep the simulation made by the host works fine it will be useful for clothe simulation too. I regularly try to resolve the issue I have with the self-collision in GPU programming. I hope to find the solution quickly. When this latest issue will be resolved, I will begin to create a new release. The 64 bits tests will come after this.

Surody gave me many informations on Patreon. Some of you would be interested to participate? It is perhaps a good method to create tutorials on demand or redo a new documentation. I also could make clothes suitable for VWD and send them each month. For the 64 bits and the MAC version, I certainly will need to buy a new version of my compiler. Not free at all.

Excuse me, I'm still asking my question about DForce. Some of you have made some very dynamic animations using it or can send me a link showing this kind of test?

Surody ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2018 at 11:31 PM

Could I suggest another tool which would be quite useful? That's the thing Dforce does actually right. It's the possibility to weightbrush what's going to be affected and what not with a smooth transition from heavy affect to no affect.

So, I basically ask for some kind of weight brushing with feathered fading out/in.

Leonides02 ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2018 at 12:50 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 12:50AM Tue, 06 February 2018 - #4323839

Hello,

many functions work correctly now. I will do some videos to show the method needed to start a simulation made with a volumetric mesh. For now, the mesh must be a closed volume. I have now to write a function to cap the holes for opened surfaces. Very useful to Daz's characters. The function allowing to keep the simulation made by the host works fine it will be useful for clothe simulation too. I regularly try to resolve the issue I have with the self-collision in GPU programming. I hope to find the solution quickly. When this latest issue will be resolved, I will begin to create a new release. The 64 bits tests will come after this.

Surody gave me many informations on Patreon. Some of you would be interested to participate? It is perhaps a good method to create tutorials on demand or redo a new documentation. I also could make clothes suitable for VWD and send them each month. For the 64 bits and the MAC version, I certainly will need to buy a new version of my compiler. Not free at all.

Excuse me, I'm still asking my question about DForce. Some of you have made some very dynamic animations using it or can send me a link showing this kind of test?

I, for one, would be honored to support you on Patreon.

Kalosei ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2018 at 11:57 PM

I would love to support you on Patreon, but I fear my contributions would be quite modest for quite a while. Your incentives for subscribers are very tempting, though, and you've accumulated enough good karma that I can justify the budget allocation. If you'd prefer some kind of help with editing English texts or translating to Spanish, though, that I'll also gladly offer.

The new developments in the program are very exciting (really, a soft body solution is one of those long-term hopes that I had more or less given up on, but with your seal of quality I can dream again), so just keep at it while we cheer you on and let's hope we can turn that into something more substantial.

Surody ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2018 at 1:11 AM

Like the others wrote, I'm willing to support you on Patreon and even push goals if it means that we get something awesome.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2018 at 1:30 PM

Thank you for your replies. They give me energy... not virtual. In the weekend, I want to make some videos showing soft bodies simulations. My current work in to transform a Daz character as a closed volume.

@Surody: you are right, a weightbrush would be a very good tool for many functions. I think on how to apply it in the program.

@Kalosei: Spanish translation could be a very good help to me. Do you think many persons would like to have a Spanish version of the documentation?

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2018 at 5:40 AM

Thank you for your replies. They give me energy... not virtual. In the weekend, I want to make some videos showing soft bodies simulations. My current work in to transform a Daz character as a closed volume.

Can't wait. Will be jiggle effects on the whole body possible with softbody in VWD? If so, I guess the weightmap brush would be even more appreciated. :D

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2018 at 8:16 AM

I would be interested in supporting you via Patreon; I also occasionally use DForce, but find it actually more work to get non-force items working in it than VWD - a lot more work. DForce items work great in VWD.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2018 at 10:56 AM

@Surody: It is important to remember only some parts of the body will jiggle during in animation because VWD don't regenerate a skeleton. The animation needs to have enough moving vertices (recorded in a cache file) to be able to make the jiggle effect possible on the dynamic vertices. The video will show this.

@everyone: many posts spoke about a "File not found" issue. I never had the message when I worked with the old bridge (The one sold at Rendo). I just tried the V4.10 new bridge and I have this message when I try to import an actor having a large meshing. The new bridge seems to take more time to import the Obj file. In VWD there is a timeout used when the importation takes too much time. The time used in this timeout is 30 secondes. This delay was correct in many situations. With the new bridge it is not fine. The new version of the program will use a timeout set to 60 secondes. For now, if you have to import an actor with a large meshing, it is better to come back to the old bridge. Sorry for this constraint.

I thank you a lot to accept in supporting me via Patreon. I just began to think on how to manage this account. I will write a post to explain my thinkings.

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2018 at 11:09 AM

You actually can use Patreon to get feedback from your supporters who use your program constantly. There's the possibility to link your Patreon with Discord and if someone pledges they get invited to a server you can create specifically for that reason. This makes the interactivity between user and creator little bit less clunky. Also: I can't wait to see what you got for us ;)

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2018 at 11:17 AM · edited Sat, 10 February 2018 at 11:18 AM

Surody posted at 5:17PM Sat, 10 February 2018 - #4324148

You actually can use Patreon to get feedback from your supporters who use your program constantly. There's the possibility to link your Patreon with Discord and if someone pledges they get invited to a server you can create specifically for that reason. This makes the interactivity between user and creator little bit less clunky. Also: I can't wait to see what you got for us ;)

Yeh, what he said. /nod

Kalosei ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2018 at 6:09 PM

I am very excited to see your results, partial simulation and auto closing meshes was a stroke of genius. Regarding interest in a Spanish translation, I am afraid I don't have enough information to make an educated guess, but going by the global number of Spanish speakers, I am guessing it would be useful to quite a few users.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2018 at 4:30 PM

I made many tests but I am not yet able to make a simulation on a character. I certainly will do the first simulation on Genesis2 because the mesh is easier to close as a volume. I will do a small tutorial tomorrow showing my first tests on a simple mesh. The tutorial on Genesis 2 will come some days later. I made these tests using the 2 .mse files created by Philippe. They are different because the 4.10 version keeps all the vertices when some parts of the character are hidden. I don't know if this will be good or not for the future tests.

@Surody: I suppose you were talking about Patreon. I don't know exactly what I will do. I thought to :

• a small price with a clothe per month.
  • a medium price with the clothe and an update per month.
  • a higher price with the clothe, the update and a tutorial per month. This tutorial would be the most requested among the patrons. Tell me if this choice seems fine to all of you. If you have other ideas, feel free to tell me.

@Kalosei: You are right, Spanish speakers are numerous. This feature can be very useful.

@Writers_Block: the Dforce clothes are made for simulations but can be modified by morphs. The clothes I want to do will have the same properties but will be made for VWD. They will contain the RIP file. Their meshings will be composed with triangles very close to equilatoral triangles which allows to make all kind of simulations. I will send an example in the Renderosity's freestuffs soon.

Surody ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2018 at 7:39 AM

@Surody: I suppose you were talking about Patreon. I don't know exactly what I will do. I thought to :

• a small price with a clothe per month.
  • a medium price with the clothe and an update per month.
  • a higher price with the clothe, the update and a tutorial per month. This tutorial would be the most requested among the patrons. Tell me if this choice seems fine to all of you. If you have other ideas, feel free to tell me.

The steps sound good so far. I just want to clarify some things: What do you mean with "update per month"? Are the tutorials about something quite specific (like how to setup certain cloth types: leather, cotton etc) or about something basic which just covers the program itself?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2018 at 3:58 PM

@Surody: I agree with you, the sentence is not very clear. For me, there are major updates and minor updates. Every month, I can post the current state of the development (a minor update). This would allow to test the latest modifications and to interact with the development of the program. It is always very difficult to define clothes behaviours on conforming clothes because they can have all kind of mesh even in the same clothe. I want to talk about this subject by using the clothes I want to create. It will be very interesting to define all together the better meshing size. Then it will be possible to define behaviours associated to certain cloth types. For now, these tutorials would explain all the possibilities of the program. They are numerous.

I didn't have a lot of time today. I just tried to make a simulation on Genesis 2 as a volume. I currently have a problem because the exportation of the animation (using the record button) records all the vertices even if some parts of the body are hidden. In the display window, the parts are hidden but the vertices are still present. This forbids me to animate the clothe because the clothe is imported without the hidden vertices. You can make a test. I will have to terminate the writing of all the functions necessary to the softbody. If anyone has an idea to export only the useful vertices, I'm interested. I will do the simple tutorial tomorrow.

Surody ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2018 at 4:09 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 4:09PM Mon, 12 February 2018 - #4324263

@Surody: I agree with you, the sentence is not very clear. For me, there are major updates and minor updates. Every month, I can post the current state of the development (a minor update). This would allow to test the latest modifications and to interact with the development of the program. It is always very difficult to define clothes behaviours on conforming clothes because they can have all kind of mesh even in the same clothe. I want to talk about this subject by using the clothes I want to create. It will be very interesting to define all together the better meshing size. Then it will be possible to define behaviours associated to certain cloth types. For now, these tutorials would explain all the possibilities of the program. They are numerous.

I didn't have a lot of time today. I just tried to make a simulation on Genesis 2 as a volume. I currently have a problem because the exportation of the animation (using the record button) records all the vertices even if some parts of the body are hidden. In the display window, the parts are hidden but the vertices are still present. This forbids me to animate the clothe because the clothe is imported without the hidden vertices. You can make a test. I will have to terminate the writing of all the functions necessary to the softbody. If anyone has an idea to export only the useful vertices, I'm interested. I will do the simple tutorial tomorrow.

If it's just about the mesh: If you hide the bodyparts andyou exmport it as FBX and reimport it you have the lowered vertices count.

MrFiddles22 ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2018 at 7:16 PM · edited Mon, 12 February 2018 at 7:19 PM

I’m looking forward to the accelerated GPU version of VWD!

As far as clothes ideas: You could start with basic clothing pieces like: Dress, Skirt, Pants, T-Shirt, socks, stockings, with buttons and belts, (Hard objects mixed with soft) Also Items that need to retain their shape like a puffy jacket or big frilly dress could be a start.

Here are some consideration for things that could be useful to simulate, thought I'd throw this out there. (Some may already be possible and in the works, but I listed them anyway to reinforce the need)

-Faster simulation and processing utilizing multiple GPU and/or CPU Cores (Real Time simulation).

-Continued Focus on hair simulation refinement and ability to use hairs with high numbers of vertices (like OOT Hair) I know it may be already possible, but I still struggle with some styles and have issues with the Current VWD version.

-In the future consider a cleaner modern interface (maybe with sliders).

-Soft body dynamics of Breasts, Thighs and Buttocks.

-Ability to simulate hard items like a wrist bracelet, necklace, or earrings and applying VWD to it, to move/swing around on the arm, neck, ears naturally during animations. -Ability to add simulation to shoe laces, laces, and similar items.

(I realize some of these things may all ready possible, but I’m still learning the program so I guess I will find out these things later once I look at all the tutorials)

My current System:

Windows 10 Pro

AMD 12 core Threadripper (Water cooled)

64 GB Memory

Two Samsung EVO 850 SSD’s

Two EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrids (Water Cooled)

MrFiddles22 ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2018 at 11:08 PM · edited Mon, 12 February 2018 at 11:08 PM

I forgot to add this to the consideration list:

-Presets: Consider having presets for cloth and hair.

Example Cloth: Leather preset, Denim Preset, Cotton Preset, etc

Example Hair: Ridgid hair preset (with hair spray or gel), Soft bouncy hair preset, wet hair preset, etc

Surody ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2018 at 8:50 AM

How I understand are minor updates basically a monthly updated version of the program and major updates a collection of those updates after months?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2018 at 2:45 PM

@MrFiddles22: hello Jay, I agree with you on many things. I want to create very basic clothes at the beginning but I want to make complex clothes quickly. The program needs to be improved in many domains : Presets, GPU, 64bits, interface. You ask me a lot of modifications, but remember I preferred to set a low price for the program. I want to continue the development of the program but I cannot continue to work with the same commercial method. I cannot work all the hours for 100€ per month. I thanks Surody for giving me these informations about Patreon.

@Surody : Thank you for your help on the FBX files. I made my first tests on Genesis2. For me, this minor version is a basic idea to give the opportunity to the patrons to interact more with the development. If you think to another possibility, feel free to tell me.

My first tests are not very good and I don't want to post these videos on Youtube. I will continue to find new methods. Currently, it is difficult to stabilize the simulation. There are many parameters to test.

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2018 at 3:07 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 3:05PM Wed, 14 February 2018 - #4324359

@MrFiddles22: hello Jay, I agree with you on many things. I want to create very basic clothes at the beginning but I want to make complex clothes quickly. The program needs to be improved in many domains : Presets, GPU, 64bits, interface. You ask me a lot of modifications, but remember I preferred to set a low price for the program. I want to continue the development of the program but I cannot continue to work with the same commercial method. I cannot work all the hours for 100€ per month. I thanks Surody for giving me these informations about Patreon.

@Surody : Thank you for your help on the FBX files. I made my first tests on Genesis2. For me, this minor version is a basic idea to give the opportunity to the patrons to interact more with the development. If you think to another possibility, feel free to tell me.

My first tests are not very good and I don't want to post these videos on Youtube. I will continue to find new methods. Currently, it is difficult to stabilize the simulation. There are many parameters to test.

Glad I was able to help. I will keep making my thoughts what are your possibilities with Patreon rewards. I hope the softbody simulations work out at some point. There's no possibility to give the body any jiggle in Daz. It's sad. Even Iclone has at least spring physics.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.