Tue, Sep 24, 11:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:15 am)

Subject: Is it just me??? (24 days of gifts for you from daz published artists)

queri ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 4:44 PM

I usually am just like Peng and mad at people for downing freebies, but these. . . One was a wonderful set of textures for a product really confined to the Platinum Bonus club-- which is a bit obscure to most people at Daz. It fits three products, that's good-- but few people bought that item from the scuttlebut around and only one costs $24.95. I don't know what to think, on the one hand it was very gracious of the texturer to put a ton of effort into this gift, on the other hand, few people could enjoy it unless they put out another $24.95, which I thought about but I ain't got it. You add that up with at least 6 more similiar items and it doesn't look like freebies, it looks like incentives to buy more product. I'm trying not to be a Grinch about this, but I don't go over there too often to check the "freebies" either. Emily

superBadGirl ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 5:03 PM ยท edited Thu, 16 December 2004 at 5:05 PM

Well, the Daz freebies were at the Daz site, not posted all over the Internet. If they were over here posting freebies I would say you have a point. But what's wrong with freebies they decide to host at their own site, which are primarily of use to their own best customers? Nobody hunted anybody down and made them go over there looking for a handout. Edited for spelling.

Message edited on: 12/16/2004 17:05

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 5:18 PM

GRRRRRR-R-R-R-R-R-R-RR-R!!!!!!!!

Hang 'em all, that's what I say!

Tell 'em to take their free textures, and stick 'em where the sun don't shine!

And wish 'em a "Merry...uh...."

((Why doesn't DAZ give away something really good -- like the Laura character -- for free? Answer: because those that have already purchased the model would freak.))

Something To Do At 3:00AMย 

looniper ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 5:21 PM ยท edited Thu, 16 December 2004 at 5:23 PM

This subject again? haha!

If it isn't clear yet, its not some DAZ marketing scheme because DAZ isn't doing it. It is the Published Artists there that are offering up thier hard work without pay.

As someone above pointed out, if you want a discrepancy, relate the number of PAs at DAZ to the number here, and compare the number of freebies those PAs are giving away. Which group is being generous now?

Face if folks, it costs just to be born, everything you get after that which doesn't, is a gift. Complaining about them only means fewer of them as you go along. Xeno-"Why doesn't DAZ give away something really good -- like the Laura character -- for free?" I guess you don't like Aiko? ;)

Message edited on: 12/16/2004 17:23

Spencer ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 5:24 PM ยท edited Thu, 16 December 2004 at 5:25 PM

I'm another of the Daz PAs that put up a gift at Daz. It wasn't just something that I had lying around, I spent 20 hours making something festive that I felt Poser people could use artistically at this time of year. I had no axe to grind and I certainly didn't expect much in the way of thanks (I have quite a few freebies here at Renderosity and they have attracted 23,671 downloads, and guess how many thank-you e-mails I've had - just 12!) although a lot of people have left messages of appreciation on the Daz forum.
We don't do it for thanks, we do it to be nice. Somebody will get a little pleasure from my festive lantern (thanks for the mention randym77). Please accept our gifts, they may be of use to you some day.
Happy Holiday
Merry Xmas
Spencer

Message edited on: 12/16/2004 17:25

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 5:30 PM

These gifts are not from or by DAZ. They are PURELY from the PA's, to the best of my knowledge. You know, individual people, brokered artists? Like the very same people that are part of this and many other communities, people who have busy lives and things to be doing OTHER than making freebies on short notice. I'm not going to participate in any more of these give-aways. It pisses me off beyond measure that all people can do is complain. Do you also write to people's private websites and bitch about their freebies? bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

superBadGirl ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 5:50 PM

See this is just what I thought would happen. PAs listen to you whiners - and then they get rightfully mad at getting their generosity thrown back at them like a mud pie. So those of us that appreciate it get screwed because some of you have a bad attitude and wish to share it. sigh

RubiconDigital ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 6:21 PM

You just know the end of civilisation is around the corner when people are bitching about not having enough luxury goods. How truly pathetic. Hundreds of millions of people around the world can't even get clean drinking water. Merry Christmas

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 6:23 PM ยท edited Thu, 16 December 2004 at 6:26 PM

"See this is just what I thought would happen. PAs listen to you whiners - and then they get rightfully mad at getting their generosity thrown back at them like a mud pie. So those of us that appreciate it get screwed because some of you have a bad attitude and wish to share it. sigh"

I agree completely.

My grocery store (for example) gives away a free turkey every holiday season to their customers. But you only get it if you have a certain amount of store credits built up on your store card. It's PERFECTLY fair in my opionion, and I never hear fellow customers complain that the store isn't just GIVING them away to everyone and anyone who wants a turkey.

I think with ALL the massive amounts of freebies handed out to this community on a regular basis, it's simply sad and disgraceful that, when a company gives out free items in support of it's consumer-based merchandise, people in this community COMPLAIN about it. My jaw is still open in amazement, and it may be a while before I can close it again. THIS is the kind of attitude that brings the resentment of other communities upon Poser users. Message edited on: 12/16/2004 18:26

Tools : ย 3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 6:43 PM

I worked the last two weeks of November to get 6 freebies up at 4 different sites. Glad to see that I diddn't work for nothing. It's a simple thank you to people that can appreciate us and a thank you to the customers. Many merchants are like me texture artists not modellers so yes we make add-ons. It's hard to amke something everyone wants not only hard it's impossible. But with these kind of messages I think twice next year before I make again 6 freebies :(

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 6:57 PM

This is such a sad thread. I had a lot more to say, but I'll just leave it at that. :-(

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

dbowers22 ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 7:02 PM

No one is forcing you to accept the free key. If you don't already own the car and don't plan on buying the car, don't take the free key. OTOH, those of us who do own the car can always use a spare key. Especially considering these new electronic car keys cost $24.95.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 7:34 PM

"This is such a sad thread..." My thoughts exactly. For the record... Many thanks to all the Free stuff creators, whether or not they are useful to me at the moment. Your time and efforts are appreciated. Seasoned Gratings to you all.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Jaqui ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 7:54 PM

emily, same here, I rarely check the freebies section, on any of the sites. not because I don't appreciate the effort made to create them,( I do appreciate the effort ) but simply because I have not had the income to purchase the items the freebies are addons for, so can't make use of the freebies. bonni, silly thing is, it's only Daz and here that there is the negative comments, so I suggest: put your free items on the other sites, where people aren't as obnoxious about free items. don't take the negative people's ignorance out on those of us that do appreciate what is involved in creating something.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 8:04 PM

Ah, it's good to see some things never change. It'd been a while since the Poser Freebie Bitch and Moan Club called a meeting.

Freebie providers, please try to remember in this thread there are only two or three people complaining, and none of the ones I peeked at offer freebies on this site. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but in all the times I have seen PFB&M Club meetings called, I have only ever experienced one exception to that rule.
On the other hand, there are several dozen people thanking and praising.
The complainers sting like hell, I know, but please try to focus on the rest of us. We love you. :)

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 8:40 PM

When I was a kid, my grandmother gave me some very hideous gifts from time to time. Her taste in clothes and mine were very different, to say the least. One year she gave me an outfit that I thanked her for and smiled and held it up and all that, and then, privately, I outright refused to wear it. And you know what? I never insulted my grandmother by telling her how very much I hated the outfit. I don't understand why this very simple lesson is something that seems to escape so many here. If you don't like it, that's fine. If you haven't got the item the textures are for, or if you just don't like what's on offer, well, that's fine, too. Do you REALLY need to bitch about it? Once again, people, this was NOT orchestrated by DAZ. It was arranged rather hastily by the PAs. DAZ did NOT tell people what to make, what to offer, how to package anything, or what to support. The only involvement DAZ has is hosting the stuff. Everything else has been done by individual members of the community who also happen to be PAs at DAZ, and who felt that they'd like to give their time and energy toward the Christmas give-away. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 9:13 PM

and who felt that they'd like to give their time and energy toward the Christmas give-away

My thanks go to all of them -- both for their products, and for their generosity.

Something To Do At 3:00AMย 

rdonovan ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 9:28 PM

My thanks, as well. The work put into creating these items, and the willingness to share, are both much appreciated.

stonemason ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 10:08 PM

yep..cheers to all the Daz PA's who took the time to make all the gifts & thanks to the Forum team who helped put it all together. Cheers Stefan

Cg Society Portfolio

pigfish9 ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 10:14 PM

I don't know about the rest of you but I already own many of the base DAZ figures for which the textures were created. I am ecstatic to get free, quality textures for these items. As to the textures that are for items I don't have or don't intend to buy, I don't waste DAZ3D's bandwith or my hard drive space by downloading them. I rarely do faery pictures so should I complain about the vendors here offering free fae textures? NO!!! I'm grateful to ALL the vendors at ALL the Poser-related web-sites who are kind enough to give us items which they took the time, effort, and care to produce just for us.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 10:33 PM

I am another Poser Artist who participates with Daz speaking up. I really wanted to contribute a freebie this year, but got caught up in developement hell learning some new poser related things, and just couldn't get the free time. I had thought of trying to squeeze something in within the next week, in the same generous spirit as the other Daz PAs who have already given of their time, and talent. What really saddens me, is after seeing this thread, I wonder if it would be worth the effort at all? I might make something related to something else, and just make people mad. And that of course wouldn't be my intent. To all the PAs that put in their free time during the very busy holiday season, and took time away from their personal freinds and family to go out of their way to give back a little to the poser community, I salute you, and am PROUD to be in your company.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Argon18 ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 10:34 PM

Well maybe if as a lesson for Scrooge like behavior they were visted by the Ghost of Christmas Present to be shown how others accept gifts graciously and the Ghost of Freebies Future which could preview what could happen if ppl got so disillusioned that they stop making freebies and giving them away. wink I don't know it worked for Charles Dickens, it might work here. grin As for the artists involved in making them as Tiny Tim would say "God bless them all every one!"

Click to get a printed and bound copy plus T-shirts, mugs and hats

GabrielK ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 11:23 PM

Good to see the holiday spirit is alive and well around these parts. :]

IsauraS ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 11:42 PM

I am another one of the PAs that participated in the DAZ Xmas give away. No, DAZ didn't ask us to do it, it was our very own idea. Yes, it was rather rushed and -- at least for me -- making a 3D model takes longer than my actual amount of available free time. So I decided to make a nice texture and a small, simple prop that would go along with the holidays. It still took me two days and I was up until very late to finish it and to make sure it looked right because it was the first Christmas present from me to everyone.

I thought people would be happy.

Comments like this hurt.

It's forgotten.

I also want to thank people like FyreSpiryt and the rest of you out there that are grateful, even if they don't use what I or the other PAs made.

Merry Christmas to all.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 12:31 AM

I don't think it's right to wine like a bad ripple over a freebee. Talk about bitting the hand that feed you. Someone takes the time to create something and you throw it right back in their face? Shame on you. I've been working on an Aiko project from the day she came out. Small thread here about it. I have the clothing pack almost finished for the character. It fits unmorphed Aiko and the new Character. Now I'll have to re-think on this. Not everyone will have Aiko3. Maybe it's wrong to give it away so those that don't have Aiko, don't feel cheated. Oh wait, she is a Daz freebee. That can't be right, Daz is only doing this to make you spend more money. (Shakes Head) I wonder why there are less and less free stuff. (rolls eyes.)

Moonbiter ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 12:42 AM ยท edited Fri, 17 December 2004 at 12:42 AM

As I said over at DAZ the other day "Poser users are some of the most fickle, whinney and demanding people that I've seen online."

Sometimes I hate being right.

Message edited on: 12/17/2004 00:42

Spiritfoxy ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 12:43 AM

A Blessed Holiday Season to all, and a smile & warm thank you for those that have the decency to thank all of us PA's that contributed "gifts" to the community. I am a texture artist, the only thing I can offer are those items for other products, so to some here I apologize if you think that these "gifts" are a marketing scheme. I personally do not own the model I created my "gift" for and if anyone buys that item due to liking my "gift" enough, I certainly will not benefit from it...but then, it is a "gift" with all that entails to a "gift" and I spent much time and effort on the "gift", but I do aplogize to all that cannot use it and I am sorry I could not give you something you could use, I shall try harder next time.

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 12:47 AM

I shall try harder next time. I won't. ;-) bonni

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 1:00 AM ยท edited Fri, 17 December 2004 at 1:02 AM

Oh, geesh. I just hate the attitude that Freebie Providers are so generous, while those of us with questions or reservations are ungrateful whining malcontents. It is such a warped perspective. You have to consider the recipient of the gift has valid wants, needs, concerns and feelings too. Don't get offended or hurt at some feedback, just listen and then thank us for taking the time to mention it. I'm willing to be lots of other folks felt the same at us, but just don't bother to say anything.

It would make more sense to offer some of the freebies as bonuses to people who bought your product, rather than a "blanket freebie" that some people can't use. (I probably had most of the required products, but am frankly losing my own struggle to maintain a Christmas spirit, due to my own personal concerns. I don't need this battle.) As for the Grandma who bought the dreadful clothes: have you ever considered that she might appreciate a better insight into your taste in clothing? You could have taken her aside, given her a warm hug and kiss, so that she felt loved, then share your feelings. You might have actually had some great clothes to wear!

Message edited on: 12/17/2004 01:02

karanta ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 1:00 AM

This is a very sad thread.... Maybe we should stop making freebies - so nobody will be angry.... Merry Christmas to all of you.

My Renderosity Store

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 1:21 AM

I say bravo and thank you to all the brokers and merchants everywhere who have given and continue to give free stuff - whether stand-alone or add-on. I appreciate everything I have and I know how long it takes to make high-quality freebies. In fact, I probably give more away that I sell. Some of it is stand-alone, some add-ons. But it's all things that took time, energy and creativity to do. Look, if you can use the freebies that others are sharing then do so. If not, simply don't download them. Nobody's forcing your hand either way.

Shakti27 ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 1:40 AM ยท edited Fri, 17 December 2004 at 1:41 AM

I personally love all the freebies that have been offered here, at DAZ, at RDNA and other sites this Xmas season - whether I can use them or not. I love them not for the value to myself, but the care that was put into them to create them. All those that have donated the stuff did it out of the goodness of their hearts :) and hugs to everyone who took that time isnt that what Xmas is all about? Giving? Sure, they may not all work for what I have in my inventory, but I know someone out there will be able to :)

It is as it has been said: You can please all the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but never all the people all of the time.

I say be thankful for what you have, since some dont even have a house, let alone a computer. Merry Xmas and thank you to the artists who make such wonderful things :) Never stop doing it either no matter who says what :)

Message edited on: 12/17/2004 01:41

"First comes the chaos, the change, then the growth" - Madelyne Pryor

ย 

westonmi ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 1:41 AM

The more complaints about freebies...the less freebies that will become available. Why should anyone work on an item only for others to be ungrateful about the item? If you don't like an item...don't download it nor go around putting it down. Put the shoe on the other foot...what if it was something you created and gave as a gift that was being bad mouthed? How would you feel? Would it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when folks say you're stuff is cheap and just a marketing ploy because of where you offered it through? I'll make sure my next freebie lives up to your expectations of being cheap...well it is only a freebie ya know. :P

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 2:18 AM

Oh, geesh. I just hate the attitude that Freebie Providers are so generous, while those of us with questions or reservations are ungrateful whining malcontents. It is such a warped perspective. You have to consider the recipient of the gift has valid wants, needs, concerns and feelings too. Don't get offended or hurt at some feedback, just listen and then thank us for taking the time to mention it. I'm willing to be lots of other folks felt the same at us, but just don't bother to say anything. Well, thank you! How generous of you to share your wonderful insights with us. You make me three times as convinced that I'm never going to participate in anything like this again. bonni

wlm11 ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 3:07 AM

As one of the PAs who put up a gift (maclean's toybox and gift package), I find this thread incomprehensible. I am NOT surprised at the lack of gratitude from some people. But I didn't sit down for 4 days and make 2 models and their textures, so people would be grateful. I did it because I thought it was a nice idea for christmas. Still, there's always someone who complains, no matter what you give them. (And, please note that my contribution doesn't require any product at all). What DOES surprise me is how DAZ got dragged into this and now gets blamed for all the evils of the modern world. DAZ had NOTHING to do with this initiative. It was suggested and developed in the PA forum, then we asked DAZ if they would host the files. OK. It's in their interest to host them, but that doesn't make them responsible for the content. Each individual PA decided what to make, not DAZ. You don't like our gifts? So, sue us! mac PS Thanks to all the other people who are appreciative of freebies. ----------------------------------------------------------- I for one greatly appreciate the freebies Mac, thank you for all your hard work. Now, my dow pesos on the subject: I was unable to use but one of these freebies (the toy box coiincidentally), mainly because I didn't have the items needed for them. However, I looked at it this way: A) They were a free gift, so I downloaded them anyway. You never know when you may end up being able to use the item afterall later on down the road. and B) With as many expensive hobbies as I have (Old West Gunfighter team, NASCAR Short Track Racing, Model Railroading, Slot cars, collecting old west antiques, collecting railroad art), my hobby budget is VERY limited this time of year. So the fact that someone like the folks at DAZ were kind enough to give these items away, really brightened my day when I discovered them earlier this week. Sure, most of them weren't of any use to me now, but these people didn't have to do this, they did it out of kindness and generosity. I nsincerely doubt that anyone here or at Daz is making a living (outside of Daz the company) creating these products, so the "they are doing it as a promotional tool" isn't a fair accusation. Personally, I'd love to see what you folks that complain about this giveaway have created in the form of models or textures. The reason I say that, is because if you had ANY idea (I do, I tried and failed miserably with 3D Studiomax)how hard it is to make these items and how much time and work goes into them, that you'd have a lot bigger appreciation for them. I know I do. I stumbled across this site a few years ago by accident while looking for railroad art and found a 3d image of a Steam Locomotive coaling tower and roundhouse with 4 or 5 steamers in various stages of readiness for service at dawn and it blew my socks off. I was hooked. However, when I decided to give 3D rendering a try, if it wasn't for the generosity (see, there's that word again) of my girlfriends sister giving me her copy of Poser4 when she quit doing renders, and all of the advice and assistance given to me by the members of this site, I would still be pulling large clumps of hair out and drinking like a fish. Remember that this is only a hobby. It's all for fun. For me Poser is a way to relax and get away from the stress of work. So being that these items didn't put you out anything, and this is just a hobby anyway, then "What the problem is??" Tom

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 3:12 AM

Why does someone have to have such an emotional attachment to something they've done? If I'm going to put a lot of effort into making a gift for someone, I darned well want to know it's something they'll want or appreciate. And if I don't take the time to do some research, I will accept the possibility they won't like the gift. If they're friends or family, hopefully they'll have enough tact to let me down graciously. But the key is that I wouldn't go ahead and make something if I weren't sure they'd want or like it. And if they accepted the gift, I wouldn't feel they owed me anything more than a thank-you. No strings attached.

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 3:18 AM

I accept that people may or may not like any/all free gifts offered to them. What I don't have to accept is the level of whining, bitching, and general complaining people have done. Frankly, I don't need this level of animosity and negativity. Therefore, I'm not going to subject myself to it again. Simple as that. Not emtional, just a simple decision based on feedback and input from the community. bonni

westonmi ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 3:22 AM

...I just hate the attitude that Freebie Providers are so generous,... Actually we are. These items we're freely giving to the community in the holiday spirit could have very easily ended up as items in a store. ;) I doubt I'll be doing very many freebies anymore because of this type of crud. Isn't a bit ironic that other places like RDNA, FaerieWylde & here aren't raked over the coals when freebies are given as happens when it happens to be on the DAZ site? Oh wait...because it's DAZ (or on their site) it's ok.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 3:52 AM

Isn't a bit ironic that other places like RDNA, FaerieWylde & here aren't raked over the coals when freebies are given as happens when it happens to be on the DAZ site? Oh wait...because it's DAZ (or on their site) it's ok.

wes, I promise you the first one who complains about the Faerie Solstice at FaerieWylde will get a good beating with my pointy stick that he/she/it won't forget for a very long time.

This is truly a sad thread but I am glad to see that there are still people who appreciate the effort some took to create freebies, wether they are useful to everyone or not. All the others should be ashamed about their attitude.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 4:28 AM

Heh, some folks seem to be under the impression that every freebie is necessarily made specifically for THEM. Eh, I'm 100% sure that I'll be making the kinds of freebies that I feel like sharing and selling the products that I feel like selling. If someone doesn't care for that - well, that's just too darn bad, isn't it?

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 4:39 AM

One day later and many thoughts later. As I read all this I see als many thank you notes we should make freebies for those that really appreciate them. Like someone said before why punish them that really wants them. Funny thing is these messages are always started by people who don't have a clue about making things how much time it cost to make something of good quality. I wouls say take the challenge and give us next year a freebie every one likes and every one can use if you can't manage them I'm ready to start complain :)

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 5:34 AM

Accepted that the giveaway on the Daz site is not a Daz promotion but spontaneous. That wasn't clear to me from the outset of the thread, and I haven't perused the Daz thread in any detail. Part of my post above was therefore not justified. The point remains, however, that SOME gifts are not gifts but promotions, particularly at this site, and I find it shallow that whenever anyone questions what is going on with anything labelled "free" they immediately get an avalanche of abuse. Does it matter when you can just not download things you don't want? Maybe not, but to me it leaves a bad taste when people exploit areas of this site for advertising purposes that are not intended to be places for product puffs.

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 6:32 AM

Attached Link: http://www.caligari.com/gamespace/gsl/contest_results.asp

Dolfijntjes, how can you put down this remark: "Funny thing is these messages are always started by people who don't have a clue about making things how much time it cost to make something of good quality." if you don't really know me at all????

Having been involved in the 3D gaming industry for many years, modeling & creating gfx for a number of succesfull games, I must contradict your statement. I know a lot about making things and do know how much time it takes to create quality.... I even know how to give things away for free, having not only worked on commercial games, but also been involved in creating freeware games. (Just to show that I'm not bragging, follow the link given, scroll down until you see the game Commander Josh, this is my last personal projects, before switching to comic creation)

Obviously you've missed the point of the initial post. It's not about creating freebies that's great, but it's about these very misleading freebies, that are just plain old advertisements....

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 6:46 AM

No I don't know you but looked at your skills here in 3D art that's what the freebies are about. And aren't your freeware games advertisement for your commercial skills? So you do exactly the same of what your now complaining of. Last thing I say here because it's now worth my energy. Glad that beside you all the others also don't agree with you makes it worth to go on.

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 6:55 AM

And I was asked why I didn't contribute 8O THIS is the reason why. Just for the record - making things for games is NOTHING compared to making things for Poser 4, Poser Pro Pack, Poser 5 and Daz Studio - all of which your product must be compatible with or threads start up and your stuff gets slammed by people who have no clue as the the sheer amount of work we modellers put into making things compatible with programs that have more faults than you can count on 2 hands. It takes me anywhere from 2 hours to 2 weeks to model an outfit, yet INVARIABLY it takes me 5 times (without exaggeration) longer to rig for those above mentioned programs and get it working well enough to sell. Unless you actually do this, you cannot begin to fathom the amount of hassles involved in doing something as simple as making one clothing item work in 3 versions of one program (and the 5th version is a piece of crap) and a program that things just simply do not work in. I just love the christmas spirit around here ;D

Corinne ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 7:02 AM

Gawd... So if someone will be offering you something (anything) for Victoria 3 you're going to complain because you need to purchase Victoria 3 ? That's plain ridiculous. PAs worked on something they liked to and decided to share for free. Daz is not involved in this (it hosts us) - WE, as individuals, chose to do it, chose to spend time too, on it, to make some people (NOT everyone, because that would have been impossible) happy.

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 8:09 AM

Mods, can you just lock and delete this thread? It is non productive, and it is showing the worst of the poser community.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 8:24 AM

sprach Punkti: "I promise you the first one who complains about the Faerie Solstice at FaerieWylde will get a good beating with my pointy stick that he/she/it won't forget for a very long time." Umm, is it too perverted to say that, for some odd reason, reading that sentence just totally turned me on? /P

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 9:27 AM ยท edited Fri, 17 December 2004 at 9:37 AM

Mods, can you just lock and delete this thread? It is non productive, and it is showing the worst of the poser community.

That was asked long ago in the Community forum, Gareee. I guess the feeling by administrators here is threads like this are perfectly OK because they are related to art.

And then I was called a whiner.

Renderosity, be very proud of your "community." Between this thread, and another that was written by a member who threw a tantrum when he couldn't get a model created by a deceased member, I have truly had my fill of what this "community" is all about. Merry Christmas everyone. May you all get the freebies you demand.

Message edited on: 12/17/2004 09:37

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 10:03 AM

Look, no-one is "demanding" freebies. There is total over-reaction to this thread. Lighten up.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.