Fri, Jul 5, 12:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 05 7:45 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: A positive thread

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:48 AM · edited Thu, 29 February 2024 at 6:30 PM

I have to say that now, I'm atually pretty happy with the site.   The CSS tweaks and resize work arounds work great.  The colors have stopped burning my eyes.  The fading mouse over is a nice enough compromise(although an option to turn it off would be great).   The removed "most viewed" bits have gone and pretty much all is right with the world.

I have, as have a lot of people, bashed rosity over the past few days, but only because we love you guys and this site and we want it to be as good as it can.

I'm also impressed, depiste the few problems, at the speed that the suggestions were taken on board, discussed, rejected, reconsidered, kinda sorta implemented, fixed, taken off, put back and then compromised.  Few companies would be able to boast such speed.

So, way to go.  Just sort out the little probelms (I'm still getting ebots for galleries I don't subscribe to anymore) and I'll be perfectly happy.

People, please use this thread to send positive vibes to rosity.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:03 AM

Well I for one will say thanx for all the admin/coders who are likely tryin t re grow their hair after the last few days of seeming hair pulling actions...I concur...youse guyz[and gals] did great so far...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Angel1 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:11 AM

I think everyone has done a great job as well - I applaud admin and the programmers for all their hard work!!

....Now Bring Me That Horizon....
Send IM | Gallery

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:22 AM

Well said, that man!

(but no slacking off giving us wot we want, Rendo-bods. ;-))

Quote - ...depiste the few...

Oh yes, I've had a few pints of that meself.

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:45 AM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:46 AM

I came off a bit harsh on a few posts.  I apologize for doing that.  I realize everyone's working their asses off to make this a success.  I just feel planning and implementation could have been handled better - FWIW.

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:55 AM

Me, too...what TerraDreamer said... :b_blush:

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:30 AM

Thank you guys, this means the world. We are all working hard to bring you the best 3D art site around!!!!

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:47 AM

Right, I'm off to the 2D and photography forums right now. Expect the pitchfork bearing lynch mob anytime soon.. ;-)

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 11:02 AM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 11:03 AM

Okay let me rephrase that.. The best Art site around:)

You gotta give me a break here, I'm running on sheer exhaustion which is not a good thing:(

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 11:47 AM

'twas meant to be silly and cheer you up, Stacey.

Try not to let it all get on top of you. Easier to say than do, I know, but definitely worth considering if jumping out the window suddenly seems like a viable option. ;-)

We're not really here, you know. We're all virtual characters made up by williamsn to distract you from what he's really up to. Down the pub again, I suspect (or the local equivalent).

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 12:08 PM

HeeHee:)  I know you were just cutting up with me and it did make me laugh which I needed desperately!!

Hmmm I'll have to go see where williamsn just took off to, very suspect

mylemonblue ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 12:15 PM

Think happy thoughts...

....puppies...

...kittens...

...bunnies...

:biggrin:

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

vikinglady ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 12:17 PM

10 Pizzas [Chicago style]            √

30 lbs Lasagna                             √

40 lbs BBC Baby Back Ribs       √

10 lbs Cole Slaw                          √

01 Green salad tray                     √

10 cases Sodapop misc            √

02 cases Bawls drinks               √

02 cases Red Bull                       √

20 lbs Premium Coffee beans with grinder      √

Okay, who is signing for this?

:thumbupboth:

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 12:25 PM

Now that is what I'm talking about:)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 12:36 PM

It's all coming together. 

shrug  I could have predicted this result.  And I'm not even a professional prognositacator.  Hey -- I can't even predict tomorrow's weather.  But I could have predicted this.  I was never particularly worried about the eventual outcome.  Although I seem to recall hearing some noise on the street outside of my window last night --

Hard Work (by a few) + Time = results.

I suppose that there's a reason why this site gets the type of traffic that it does.  Or so I would think, anyway......it seems reasonable.  Just keep right on succeeding in the way that you do -- and for all the rest: your results are bulletproof.

Thanks to the Admins & to the Coders.  You guys did the job.  Again.

Hmmmm......being positive......isn't that some sort of a TOS violation?  A banning offense?

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 1:13 PM

I think we need to be careful that comments made by members about likes or dislikes aren't seen as an attack on the admins, merely reporting quirks or otherwise that are seen  so it can be put right!!

IMHO most people are with the Rendo team in doing the conversion and mostly from what I've seen, people are merely reporting errors so that they can be fixed rather than "having a go" at the PTB!

I still don't like the preview feature though 

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 2:45 PM

I'm liking it more now and I've even learned what a CSS is. grin

Aside from the hard work the programmers are doing, I applaud Stacey for her patience and humour during all of this. She has been here pretty much 24 hours a day it seems and has been extremely helpful with answering questions and reporting to programmers and then getting back to us to keep us in the loop.

You get a standing ovation, Kiddo!!! Now go get some coffee or some sleep. Your choice. grin

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 2:52 PM

blushes Thank you Unicornst.  I'm here for you guys and gals!!!!

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 3:04 PM

Yes, you definitely have been here for us. And you're welcome. grin

You got that coffee since you not sleeping? lol

SeaCrystal ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:52 PM

Thanks Rosity for supplying the cheese to go along with all the whine we've shared these last few days. ... We know you all want the best  for R'osity and for the artist/visitors that come here.....

Cheers,
-SeaC-

Imagination is the highest kite one can fly...

jjean21 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:59 PM

Not only am I impressed at the speed with which 'constructive' critisism has been met but with how tactfully each and every comment has been handled..and on top of everything else StacyG, you even took time to answer an IM about a personal situation of mine. My hats off to you.

cindyx ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:13 PM

I think the staff is working hard, and has been very responsive to all the problems.  The new site is a big improvement from the old one.  Most people are patient, and realize the complexities of the situation.  I think the end result will be worth it.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:24 PM

Simple and to the point, I am really happy with the galleries, (PJF CSS w/ no shrink images and the fading popup). The site mail works extremely well for me (I am liking it) and the forums are fine. Site is starting to be a joy to play in again!
Well done.
Richard

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:30 PM

Oh good news indeed:)

Thanks all!!

williamsn ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 3:51 AM

Yea it's really good to read this thread lol. I believe this is the last one I will read before I go to bed. I'm sorry we've all been having issues the last several days. What made everything suck even more is that as SOON as the conversion was finished, we encountered multiple server issues that were in no way even related to the galleries ... they just all happened to happen at the same time. It really sucked. So, while trying to fix bugs and deal with suggestions and requests, we were also completely bogged down trying to fix the servers too. Things are finally at a stable point and work on improving the galleries can continue. Sorry I've been a bit absent tonight but (guilty grin) I had the unexpected pleasure of being approved for my bike loan today (I've been trying for this for months) and ended up having to take the afternoon off to sign papers, write checks, deal with the insurance company, etc. It was either THIS afternoon, NO exceptions, or miss out on a $1200 discount from the dealership :ohmy:. But I am now proud to announce that I am (as I said, quite unexpectedly) now the proud owner of a Honda Shadow Aero 750 crazy grin. Then there was, of course, the Friday night date goofy grin. It was a much needed series of fortunate events after the crazy, sleepless week I've had. I only hope the rest of the Admins had as great a Friday as I did. I know they all deserve it. They have been working so hard to make sure the site has stayed up at all costs and communication has continued throughout everything. I assure you first thing tomorrow I will be back hard at work improving the galleries for y'all :-). And, once again, thanks for the encouraging read before bed. g'Nite!

-Nicholas

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 4:09 AM

Way to go Nic! You needed that break Im sure ;)

{and when do we get pics of said new toy?}

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 11:40 AM

Now Nicholas, you remember what Mama Stacey said, BE CAREFUL on that bike you hear? We'll have to park it if we hear you have been out raising hell:)

williamsn ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 3:12 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

file_345590.jpg

:b_grin: ^-- my riding buddy would call that a shit-eating grin *tee hee*

-Nicholas

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 3:14 PM

OOOHHHH pretty Nicholas.. LOVES IT

PJF ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 3:44 PM

A fine reward for hard work.

but sadly...

The penalty for non-use of naughty word advisory is transfer of most recent substantial purchase to the UK.

No really, it's in the TOS. Don't bother looking, just crate the beast up...

williamsn ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 4:01 PM

Hahahahahaha. Sorry about that. I fixed my err. And no. You don't get my bike. :tt2: N

-Nicholas

PJF ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 4:20 PM

Slightly more seriously...

You said you don't bet, Nicholas; but there's an element of a gamble every time you go out on that device. No matter how careful you are, there's always an idiot not looking where they're going. So, watch out for Volvo drivers!

Stacey, how much are you paying this guy? He can afford this and gets time off?!

williamsn ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 4:26 PM · edited Sat, 17 June 2006 at 4:27 PM

Hahahaha. I'll be paying for this until July 31, 2010. So don't think Bondware pays me THAT much lol 😄. And I know. They are dangerous. That's one of the reasons I shelled out $175 (ouch) and took the three-day motorcycle safety course. We learned how to do everything from swerve around grandma's Buick to jump over potholes and obstacles in the road. You're right. Going out on that thing is a bet every time I do it. But I reduced my chances of being involved in a serious accident by 75% by taking the course, and then another 40% by making the conscious decision that I will NEVER get behind the handlebars with alcohol in my system. Those are two major factors. (And yes, those are MRF statistics, not my estimates.) I didn't buy it to hotrod. I bought it to cruise and to save on gas (OMG!!! 80 MILES PER GALLON!). I have every intention of searching and evaluating every mile I drive. Thanks for the concern 😄. N

-Nicholas

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 4:37 PM

Ooooooo thats purty Nic ;)

And wow! 80 mpg....thats awesome.....{dang it why cant they have something like that with 3 extra seats...ROTFL!}

~Jani

PJF ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 6:15 PM

So let's get this straight.

It's America; it's Saturday; it's summer; it's daylight - and you've just bought a Honda Shadow Aero 750.

Assuming it's not raining and you've remembered to put some dosh aside for gas - what the hell are you doing looking at a computer screen?!

;-)

williamsn ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 6:17 PM

Nope it's not raining and I've got a full tank of gas ($8 for 300 miles) 😄. So what am I doing? Remaining dedicated to getting these galleries in shape for you all 😄. N

-Nicholas

PJF ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 6:31 PM

Quote - So what am I doing? Remaining dedicated to getting these galleries in shape for you all...

Heh, nice try, but you're talking to a guilt free zone. Get out there now and enjoy yourself - or be slapped with a large, stinky halibut.

vikinglady ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 2:21 PM

Quote - 10 Pizzas [Chicago style]            √

30 lbs Lasagna                             √

40 lbs BBC Baby Back Ribs       √

10 lbs Cole Slaw                          √

01 Green salad tray                     √

10 cases Sodapop misc            √

02 cases Bawls drinks               √

02 cases Red Bull                       √

20 lbs Premium Coffee beans with grinder      √

Okay, who is signing for this?

:thumbupboth:  

Thought every one could use a pick me up. 

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Tue, 08 August 2006 at 2:57 PM

Hmmm...I think cuz Nic is saving soooo much on gas, he should sign :b_grin:

~Jani

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 5:00 PM

Delivery

04 Pizzas [Chicago style]            √

02 Pizzas [New York style]          √

10 Philly CheeseSteak sand     √

10 lbs French Fries                     √

01 tray Biscuits & Corn Bread   √

05 cases Sodapop misc            √

02 cases Red Bull & Bawls       √

01 case misc Ben & Jerry's pint √

01 Boston Cream Pie                 √

01 New York style cheese cake √

Yep, that's all this time.

Sign here,

X: __________________

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2006 at 8:38 PM

Now you done it you made me hungry :b_funny:

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 08 September 2006 at 10:49 AM

Quote -    Delivery

04 Pizzas [Chicago style]            √

02 Pizzas [New York style]          √

10 Philly CheeseSteak sand     √

10 lbs French Fries                     √

01 tray Biscuits & Corn Bread   √

05 cases Sodapop misc            √

02 cases Red Bull & Bawls       √

01 case misc Ben & Jerry's pint √

01 Boston Cream Pie                 √

01 New York style cheese cake √

Yep, that's all this time.

Sign here,

I'll sign for the Bawls!  And, can we make it 3 cases?  I'll go through one in a morning :lol:

And I'm totally not kidding.  :b_grin:

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

vikinglady ( ) posted Fri, 08 September 2006 at 11:02 AM

01 case Bawls for MorriganShadow   √

Sign here MorriganShadow,

TallPockets ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2006 at 4:58 AM

Posted Sat, Jun 17, 2006 3:51 am (Williamsn) ....

Yea it's really good to read this thread lol. I believe this is the last one I will read before I go to bed.

I'm sorry we've all been having issues the last several days. What made everything suck even more is that as SOON as the conversion was finished, we encountered multiple server issues that were in no way even related to the galleries ... they just all happened to happen at the same time. It really sucked.

WILLIAMSN: Hello, kind soul. May I ask, "IS the 'changeover/conversion' STILL ongoing as of this date I now type? By your above remarks, it 'appears' that it is ALREADY COMPLETED?

Yet, we all keep hearing that the 'changeover' now will be finished in approximately another two to four weeks? 

Have you converted or not yet?

StaceyG told me, in response to my question, a few days ago, that the conversion 'should' be done in about 2-4 weeks. From YOUR perspective and expertise, is that a fair statement as YOU see it?

I also get the feeling that poor, StaceyG has been 'stuck' in the middle of all this mess trying her best to 'answer' people's honest questions and she has been not really given much 'specific' information to pass along to members other than, "IT WILL BE FIXED .... SOON".

I ran a few companies in my day. LORD knows, there are MANY more MUCH brighter than I.

However, I cannot in my wildest dreams, ever imagine myself telling my boss/owner when asked for  'progress dates' regarding his business dealings, etc,, "Boss, it'll be done SOON". LOL.

SOON would have lasted ONE meeting. Bye Bye, TallPockets. Find yourself another job. LOL.

GOD bless you and yours,

TallPockets.

TallPockets ( ) posted Sat, 09 September 2006 at 5:02 AM

P.S. TO WILLIAMSN: Awhile back I posted in this forum about 'issues' with the forums 'stalling' or 'freezing' up while I tried to use them.

You told me that I should 'upgrade' my browse from the current Netscape 7.2 to Netscape 8.0 to fix this issue. I did so. Same issue, still.

So, I now upgraded to Netscape 8.1. Same issue, still.

Help? LOL .....

NOTE 2: QUESTION: Williamsn:

When this site is 'completed' regarding said 'changeover', WILL it ACTUALLY be FASTER as so proclaimed loudly by you and yours?

Thanks, in advance, for any/all help.

My best, TallPockets.

vikinglady ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 10:58 AM

**  ** Here is that breakfast order someone called in:

20 servings of pancakes √

20 servings 3egg omletes √

20 servings scrambled eggs √

10 lbs cooked Bacon √

10 lbs Ham steaks √

10 lbs sausage links and patties √

02 tray Biscuits & Corn Bread √

02 trays Hashbrowns √

02 trays grits and fixings √

02 cases Red Bull & Bawls √

01 case Milk & Juices √

01 tray misc condiments and spices √

01 case Bawls for MorriganShadow   √

That's all this time.

Sign here please,

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 6:44 PM

NOTE 2: QUESTION: Williamsn:

When this site is 'completed' regarding said 'changeover', WILL it ACTUALLY be FASTER as so proclaimed loudly by you and yours?

Thanks, in advance, for any/all help.

My best, TallPockets. (POSTED ABOVE, SEPT. 9TH) ....

WILLIAMSN: Hello, kind soul. Given the results of the latest ''speed site poll'' , it would appear this site is 'not' faster, at least to this point in time.

Would you most kindly care, or have someone else in the know kindly care, to answer my 10 day old honest question?

To repeat, after the said changeover is 'completed', will this site actually be 'faster' as touted?

In another thread now running, StaceyG seemed to be stating that this site 'is' running faster, even to this point? The above 'speed site poll' seems to state otherwise.

My best to you and yours,

TallPockets

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 7:51 PM

Tallpockets

As I stated on several occasions, I said the site was running faster than it used to, NOT where it should be but faster than it was on the old .ez side most of the time. That is different than what you are trying to say I meant by that. I know that the site is not where it should be or where we are hoping to get it once the conversion is finished and the programmers can devote all the time they need to figuring out where the issues lie in the site performance regard.

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 8:13 PM

"In another thread now running, StaceyG seemed to be stating that this site 'is' running faster, even to this point? The above 'speed site poll' seems to state otherwise."  (TallPockets -- above post).

Dear StaceyG: Hello again, kind soul. I understood what you said prior.  Thus, my words, even to this point.

However, from my perspective and from that of many others so noted in posted comments, IM's between myself and them and this site's, speed site polls, this most wonderful site is not running faster.

Even to this point ....

LORD knows I would love to be able to tell you from my end it 'is' running even faster to this point in time. It just is not. I don't know how I, or anyone else also similarly commenting/posting, can be any clearer on such statements?

I am comparing this site, at this point in time, to what it 'used to be'. For me.

If all the other, numerous sites (artistic sites among them) had the same 'slowness' in comparisons for me, I would say 'all' my stuff is 'slower' to this point. That is not the case, though.

Without fail, almost all the other sites I visit, just prior to and immediately after, I visit this most wonderful site, do much better in speed of use. That's about as succinct and clear as I can try to explain the view from my little perch on this earth.

I once again most kindly refer back to the speed site poll this site began. By far, it says this site is slower than most all other sites. Still. It is not only me so saying such. I am, however, the one posting. I have received IM's from others so stating such and thanking me for my postings regarding this topic. Thus, my continued endeavors.

It is not my intent to make yours, or anyone's day, miserable.  We just keep hearing the site speed is better, even to this point. While, your own site speed polls (last count over 350 persons who so responded to it) so state otherwise. SIGH.

Most respectfully,

TallPockets
I

billy423uk ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 8:24 PM

god must have blessed me lol

i find the speed comparable to all the others i view. has anyone actually  done a benchmark test and is it possible to do. the trouble with pols is we state often state our opinions or what we percieve a fact to be rather than what it is. ....not saying thats the case with you  tall pockes or anyone else. but it maybe why 350 say it's slow....and maybe theirs a 1000 members out there who think it's faster but never took the poll. my daughter works in market research and she told me you have to take into account that more people will voice a negatative than a positive reaction to a given question because it gives a person more of a sense of control if they complain...maybe i shouldn't have said that lmao

billy

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 8:24 PM

Tallpockets

The site speed poll was about how renderositys speed was COMPARED to other sites not compared to the old .ez side.  We didn't put that response on there to choose although now I wished I would have.

I still believe it is faster especially in the galleries than it was on the old .ez side. I'm not saying that is the case for EVERYONE, I'm just saying from my home connection, my work connection, from others I have communicated with and just from some stats we have collected. Please understand that I am saying  I understand that maybe for various reasons its not that way for everyone.

The true point that really matters  is, we definitely are confirming that we know its not the speed it needs to be and the programmers will be devoting time soon to researching where and what the issues are to resolve. They have already begun some of the evaluations.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.