Thu, Sep 19, 5:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: OT: Please say a little prayer for my kitty

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 9:38 PM

Tigger seems to have settled into one puke per day. In spite of that, looks like she's absorbing most of her food.

She usually perks up a bit ion the morning, and a little bit more every day.

....Should have another poo any day now... LOL

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Winterclaw ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2009 at 11:50 PM

I was just thinking, when an animal is pooping normally, he poops too much for your liking.  When he's pooping too little, all of a sudden you're pulling for him to poop.

I think there is a bit of irony here.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 3:29 AM

Quote - I was just thinking, when an animal is pooping normally, he poops too much for your liking.  When he's pooping too little, all of a sudden you're pulling for him to poop.

I think there is a bit of irony here.

Not Tigger - She's perfect, Just ask her... or me LOL

Thee was a little bitty blot clot in her puke today - now I'm freaking out again. Hopefully it's just from the feeding tube incision and puking strain, and not something more serious.  Of course, it had to happen an hour after the Vet office closed for the weekend.
Ahhh, the nerves, I need a kitty valium.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 5:14 AM · edited Sun, 11 January 2009 at 5:18 AM

A cat story with a happy ending.  Our neighbour's cat disapeared for three days and as the temperature was down to 16F (-7C) they had pretty much given up all hope.  We had checked our sheds and outhouses but no sign of Skittles.  We had been hearing the occasional mews in our house but having looked in all the places that we thought a cat could get, decided that either we'd been hearing things or it was just wishful thinking, or perhaps owls.  Then, last night, a little striped head poked out from the cupboard under the stairs and went 'mew' at my mother-in-law!  Skittles had got frightened and had been hiding in our house for three days!  He then rushed into the lumber room and had to be retreived by our son (wearing gauntlets!) from underneath the spare bed which was so packed with stuff that we didn't think there was room for a mouse, let alone a cat!  Robert had to do an impression of Charles Bronson in 'The Great Escape' tunelling after Skittles.  After a terrific struggle with a squirming furry panic, Skittles has been returned to the bosom of his family.

Fortunately our son is an archaeologist and used to digging through stuff to rescue precious things lol.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 5:45 PM

Awww, that's so nice. I'm glad Skittles was rescued and taken back home.
Thanks for sharing :)

Tigger report:
After her second feeding today, while I was out getting my diet coke for the day, she cruised out to the back yard, puked, meowled in protest, and then sat there for about half an hour.
I brought her back in after that, for a fresh feeding.  She's resting now. Still weak and punky, but I take it her having energy to be grumpy and squirmy may be a good sign... or she may be working up another pooper.

Going to the vet tomorrow for a progress check.

Peelo ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 10:17 PM

You have loved Tigger and you have given  a good life for her, Conniekat8. That is what is important, I think. Not that many pets have as  good life as Tigger has. So perhaps, as painfull at is may be, Tiggers life might be nearing the end, but she has had a good life, and thats whats improtant. 11 and more years is a lot for a cat. It is not the years but the mileage. It seems to me that you have cared for the well being of Tigger very much indeed and that is what is important. She has had a good life thanks largely to you. 

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.
-Life can be hilariously cruel

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 11:24 PM · edited Sun, 11 January 2009 at 11:30 PM

Quote - So perhaps, as painfull at is may be, Tiggers life might be nearing the end, but she has had a good life, and thats whats improtant. 11 and more years is a lot for a cat. It is not the years but the mileage. 

I doubt this is the case, because her current illnes is not caused by old age. It's an acute illness. According to the vet, all her other vital body finctions are solid (Kidneys clear, no diabetis or any other ailments that very old cats have). I couldn't tell you which ones, because he tested for about 30 things (blood, urine, stool etc), and they all came out fine.  In human years, she's about 50.  Before this, she was definately not testing, looking or acting like an elderly cat. Mostly like a spoiled kitty.

Also, according to the vet what she has is very treatable, but this kind of illness typically takes 6-18 weeks to get through. When I was asking the Vet about her prognosis, he ws seeing no physical reason on her part as to why she wouldn't recover.

Most of my worrying is whether I'm giving her care she needs to recover, or if I'm doing something wrong.  Like right now, her nose is plugged up and crusted up from puking, and she's breating through her mouth. I have no idea how to clean it up and make her more comfortable. I tried warm washcloth, and some water in her mouth, and it didn't help much.  The tube down her throat makes it pretty uncomfortable to swallow and clean herself...

Her pooping medicine is something that she can take long term, but it takes a bit of time to find a doseage that suits her.

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 1:18 AM

maybe it food poisoning she may have eaten something you did not know about like maybe she found a dead bird or mouse, cats often eat dead animals or discarded food items from trash cans.

if it's food poisoning she has a very good chance of recovering, hope she pulls through best wishes.

3anson ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 1:24 PM

i am so glad that Tigger seems to be improving( she must be to go for a wander! ).
Demelza has a particular cry when she is about to be sick, so i get a little bit of time to get clean-up kit ready, and she is very clean in that she goes straight out to the Kitchen which has a lino type floor( easy to clean) only had to put her out there once,and she has gone out there every time since.
the great thing with cats is they use their intelligence to suit THEM not you, like a dog,

here's a local saying that might amuse you
" dogs look up to man, cats look down at man and pigs look him straight in the eye"

best wishes for Tigger's speedy recovery
andy

Plutom ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 1:49 PM

LOL, well our kitty Walter will let us know when he gets sick (every day for the the last 12 years).  It's sort of stop, vomit, goes, stops vomit, trails usually on the carpet, clothing or bed or a combination of all of the above--no sissy tile for him!  Let him outside, waits until he comes back in.  Jan

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 7:31 PM

Tigger is very clean too - except right now... I have a big pile of shop towels here in the den, and have gotten pretty good at catching her pukes.
Today she hasn't puked... but now I'm worrying because she hasn't peed since yesterday afternoon... However, we're having a very dry heatwave.

Vet appointment tomorrow. Yesterday I contemplated taking her in today, and not waiting for her scheduled appointment tomorrow, but I didn't see any mishaps to justify it.

She usually bounces back after she poops... or who knows, she may be in for an enema tommorrow... Or she may do what she usually does on the way to the vet - poop in my car. Luckily she always uses the same spot, so I have it prepared. LOL

Peelo ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 8:14 PM

*Most of my worrying is whether I'm giving her care she needs to recover, or if I'm doing something wrong. Like right now, her nose is plugged up and crusted up from puking, and she's breating through her mouth. I have no idea how to clean it up and make her more comfortable. I tried warm washcloth, and some water in her mouth, and it didn't help much. The tube down her throat makes it pretty uncomfortable to swallow and clean herself... *

Well you are giving care for her, that's whats important. So you are not at fault. Animals like people sometimes get sick. It's no ones fault.

I mean we have had these horrible animal rights violations in Finland during the past year, so much to my horror, I have learned that there are a lot of people out there who treat animals like they are just pieces of meat.  It's pretty horrific IMO. Anyway, the vet will eventually figure out what's wrong with Tigger. Sometimes it just takes some time to diagnose the disease.

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 8:29 PM

*   I mean we have had these horrible animal rights violations in Finland during the past year, so much to my horror, I have learned that there are a lot of people out there who treat animals like they are just pieces of meat.  It's pretty horrific IMO. Anyway, the vet will eventually figure out what's wrong with Tigger. Sometimes it just takes some time to diagnose the disease.

*Oh, we know what's wrong with her... she has that fatty liver jaundice that some chubby cats get when they stop eating.... and she stopped eatig because she got badly constipated... and she got badly constipated because she broke into dry food, which she's not supposed to eat because it gets her badly constipated... and she got into dry food because my honey was being 'helpful' with house cleaning and decorating, and out it where she could get to it...  Eh!

Recovery from this thing takes a long time... 6-18 weeks. It started mid december, so we're only three weeks into it. Long road ahead.

I hear ya on mistreating of animals. It turns my stomach to see people do it. Gosh, some days when I'm feeling extra sensiotive, I can't even eat meat :-.  When I was a teenager, I got into a major fist fight with the neighborhood boys, about a year or two older then me, because I saw them throwing rocks at a kitty. I just saw RED and jumped on them! swinging. I think I was around 12.

Animals, especially pets, we run their lives (I know we like to think they run ours, but we're the ones that have power and control), and they trust us and depend on us... to abuse that and hurt them, it really takes a special kind of a deprived creep.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 8:56 PM

Yaaay, Tigger peed... when she poops it'll be a double yaaay.
Sometimes when she gets really constipated, it squeezes her urinary canal, so she can't pee, or it just barely drips out... so I have to monitor that too.

Peelo ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 9:07 PM · edited Mon, 12 January 2009 at 9:13 PM

*I hear ya on mistreating of animals. It turns my stomach to see people do it. Gosh, some days when I'm feeling extra sensiotive, I can't even eat meat :-. When I was a teenager, I got into a major fist fight with the neighborhood boys, about a year or two older then me, because I saw them throwing rocks at a kitty. I just saw RED and jumped on them! swinging. I think I was around 12. *

I agree. I am thinking of becomming a vegetarian as well.  I have learned that there are people in my country, that actually lob explosives into snakes nests and then  laugh about it, as the snakes blow up. We have had pigs and other farm animals, living in horriffic and stressfull conditions, biting each other and going mad. Some lunatics have actually  engaged in breeding dogs to fight each other, just like the ancient gladiators of Rome.  Just for entertainment.

And here I was thinking, that we were a civilized society and this is what I find out: People abusing innocent animals for their own hedonistic pleasures. Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread any more than I have already.

I'm glad to hear Tigger is recieving proper care and I am glad to hear there are still lots of people out there who care about the well being of animals.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 9:32 PM

Oh, no worries about derailing the htread, when Tigger Poops, it'l be right back on topic LOLOL!

I think you touched upon a reason why I find it harder when animals are mistreated then people... It happens a lot more often, and they don't have the same protections as we do... But yet, living with kitties and dogs, yes, they are different shape... but I don't see them as lesser beings. There are so many things I can relate to in them, we're not all that different, not to a point where we are more valuable. We're just arrogantly on top of the food chain right now.

But to any cat or a dog, their life is just as important to them, then our life is to us. People only think they're lesser, because they don't care, can't spend the resources, food chain rank and whatever else.   :-

scanmead ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 9:50 PM

Yes, you tell your kitty he/she is a 'lesser being'. And dogs just laugh at us. ;) Eating animals never made any sense to me. If it's a beautiful animal, why would you want to kill it? If it's a not-so-pretty animal (like crabs), why would you want to put that in your mouth?!! According to my kitties, I'm the funny monkey who can open cans and give rubs, but has trouble following instructions in the kitchen.

hmmm... if Tigger poops on the way to the vet, maybe she needs a short drive every day? Those little disposable litterboxes would fit on a car seat. I can just hear Tigger thinking: That stupid vet is going to mess with my butt? Nope. I'm getting rid of it before he has a chance! No Tigger poo for weird vet person!  

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2009 at 10:12 PM

Quote - Yes, you tell your kitty he/she is a 'lesser being'. And dogs just laugh at us. ;) Eating animals never made any sense to me. If it's a beautiful animal, why would you want to kill it? If it's a not-so-pretty animal (like crabs), why would you want to put that in your mouth?!! According to my kitties, I'm the funny monkey who can open cans and give rubs, but has trouble following instructions in the kitchen.

hmmm... if Tigger poops on the way to the vet, maybe she needs a short drive every day? Those little disposable litterboxes would fit on a car seat. I can just hear Tigger thinking: That stupid vet is going to mess with my butt? Nope. I'm getting rid of it before he has a chance! No Tigger poo for weird vet person!  

Hehe, I had taken her on a drive around the block in the past to get her to poop. When I told my Vet, he had a really good laugh, then shrugged and said, hey, whatever works.

I contemplated taking her today, but I'm concerned I'll rattle her to much and her puking will start again. Today is the first day in a week that she hasn't puked, and since we're going to the vet tomorrow, I'm just being watchful. (read: Poking and proding her every few minutes)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2009 at 1:40 AM

Darn, she puked, I think it's my fault. I rolled her over on her back after a feeding, to see how her feeding tube is looking. She puked minutes after that.
That was a stupid thing to do!!!!

Then I cleaned up her mouth with water - she took couple good gulps too, so I hope her throat and all that is clear... then I fed her again. She's settled back in now, and giving me a MAJOR stink eye.  :(

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2009 at 3:37 PM

Double YAY today - I think you guys know what that means. She did it all on her own too while I was sleeping.

Everything went fine at the vet. Tomorrow we'll know her bloodwork results, to see if she's made any progress.

scanmead ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2009 at 7:28 PM

Quick! Mom's asleep... let's poo before she wakes up.  

All your efforts paid off, although Tigger will probably never admit it. ;)  

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2009 at 11:30 PM

Well, she's still hanging on!
I'm little troubled that she's only able to keep down about half of the food she's supposed to... We'll see what the vet says tomorrow. He know how much she's able to eat.

I was reading that the longer they hang on, the more likely they are to recover. Most whom don't recover from this, it happens in first 3-7 days.  Wer'e around day 23.  Cross my fingers.

Sh's still VERY yellow and lethargic and wobbly...  Poor little thing.

emay68 ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 1:20 AM

Yay, Tigger!  I pray for great news at the vet!  😄

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 5:31 PM

I hope I get some good nws fron the Vet today, I could really use it. I'm a big weepy mess today... she's less active then she was this weekend, so I'm panicking and losing hope (maybe PMSing too)
I don't think the dry heatwave we're having last few days agrees with her much.

....I need a hug :(...

jefsview ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 5:54 PM

BIG ol' HUG

I understand. I lost my Patches after 14 years about a year ago. I still miss having a kitty around. But... not time yet to move on.

Hang in there, Connie. And Tigger.

-- Jeff

albertdelfosse ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2009 at 6:14 PM

poor kitty hope she gets better. get her a catnip toy for when she gets home. tho I'm not sure a cat swinging from your curtains is a good idea.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 1:21 AM

:(
Her test results are very tiny bit better then 10 days ago, but not significant enough to make any difference :(   Not very good.

Her bilirubin levels are off the charts. 0-1 is normal, 20-25 is considered top, and extremely dagnerous value.  10 days ago, hers was 40! The vet said he never saw it that high.
yesterday's test is 38.  She seems to be getting weaker.  :(

He wants me to bring her over for an ultrasound tomorrow - he has a technician for that in house tomorrow. Maybe that'll uncover something to help us treat her.

My honey has been harping on me today about being so upset and dysfunctional since Tigger got sick, then he started harping on me how I must have gained 10 pounds since it all started. (I didn't, I just look very drained, sleep deprived and probably puffy from crying).
Yes, I know, I'm not dealing with this very well.... There's only so much I can do, I have anxiety/Panic Attack disorder which gets triggered in similar separation, abandonment situations, and I'm doing all I know how just to keep from going off the deep end myself (read: when panic attacks kick in, sometimes I need to be hospitalized for few days).
So, we ended up in a big fight, I told him I'll plan on moving out first chance I get.

Well, thanks for letting me vent, I kind of don't have anywhere else or anyone else to talk to (except for couple prople from here whom have been checking up on me via email - Big Thank You)

emay68 ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 2:15 AM

Oh gosh, Connie!  I'm so sorry the day went this way for you and Tigger.  Don't give up hope for Tigger or for your "honey".  I can imagine there is just a ton of anxiety and stress in your household and it's bound to take a toll.  I'll say a prayer for all of you.  Hang in there!

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 6:21 AM · edited Thu, 15 January 2009 at 6:22 AM

Don't give up hope!

I have panic attacks so I understand what it's like for you.  Stay strong and keep as calm as you can.  Mrs. B and I send prayers for you and Tigger.

If you have any Cardamoms in the house go and stick your nose in the jar and breath deeply when you feel a panic attack coming on, it works surprisingly well and Cardamom tea works better.

arbee999 ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 6:45 AM

Oh man - hope the vet visit and Ultrasound goes well!
Prayers for you and Tigger!!!

fivecat ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 10:48 AM

Connie, so sorry to hear that Tigger is still unwell. You've been under so much stress -- I know you want to take the best care you can of your sweet kitty, but remember you have to take care of yourself too. I'm sure this dry heat hasn't helped any -- I know I have a few puddles of kitty lying around, as they're feeling miserable and listless in this heat. 

Please don't make any big life decisions while you're so stressed. It's too bad your honey isn't being more supportive, but he's probably been feeling a bit neglected, especially if he doesn't understand your strong attachment to Tigger.

Sending hugs for you, and healing purrs from my brood for Tigger. 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 12:35 PM

Thank You Emay and CardinalBiggles and Arbee and Fivecat, for all the good thoughts and empathy and prayers and good wishes.

I dropped Tigger off at the Vet today for ultrasound. She'll be there most of the day and in very good hands, so it may give me a chance to 'decompress'. She's hanging in there, even had energy to give off a few loud meows in protest of the Vet's office.

My honey was being all nice this morning, and we kissed and made up. Neither one of us are the type to hold a grudge or be mad for very long. Plus, he has a masters degree in psycology, so, I guess he figured out ... well, whatever he figured out, I dunno how to explain it. He knows Tigger is like a child to me.  I think he was just worn out - spring semester classes started this week, and he teaches at a local junior college, which means his workload doubled this week.

Her much more so then her brother Bubba, because she is very attached too. Bubba is more independent (not that I would do any less for him, he's just not the type to be sitting next to me all day and all night like Tigger does.) I mean, I spent 3K about four years ago saving his eye from an abscess - and proud to say he fully recovered, and still has two most beautiful green eyes.  It just affects you differently when the attachment is little different.... Then again, he hasn't been in a situation where we didn't know if he'll survive.

They're my babies! They've been with me through thick and thin, and about the only thing that kept me going at times 5-6 years back when I went through a breakup of a 12 year relationship (about the same as divorce). I can't have kids, so they're the closest to the kids I get.

Blah blah... sorry, I'm rambling :(

CardinalBiggles, that's an interesting suggestion about Cardamoms tea. Thanks, I'll have to try it.

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 1:07 PM

I'll be thinking of you and Tigger Connie - hang in there y'hear ?

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 7:29 PM

So, we got ultrasound results...

Tigger is not going to make it. The ultrasound discovered a large tumor blocking her liver and gallbladder discharge. It's inoperable, it's tangled up with all the little ducts getting stuff out of the liver, and squeezed them shut.

She has few more comfortable days left, maybe a week, and when she slips into a daze or a coma from the bile toxicity, it's time to take her in.

She's here on my desk now, resting from a day at the vet, purring.

There's a very miniscule chance that it can be operated, but success is dismal, and she would very likely die while being operated on. The doctor says if it was his baby, he wouldn't try it, he'd feel guilty for torturing her in her last days.  Looking at her all comfy and snuggly, and not liking to be loked and prodded and taken to the Vet, I guess that's the best ting to do.

He says, Just make her comfortable, spend time with her and say goodbye. She's not suffering, he says she feels like she has a bit of a flu. The toxins will start shutting down her brain function before she feels any pain. Kind of like a taking a heavy tranquilizer.

I'm still going to get a second opinion on the surgery, from a specialist that the vet recommended. He says that if anyone can do, this lady can pull it of, BUT, he's not encouraging me to go through wth it. I'm pretty sure we won't do it, butI'll still have a conversation about it. If nothing to reassure me that not putting her through it is the right decidion.

While it looked very much like a fatty liver disiease, it wasn't that. While this still causes jaundice, it has nothing to do with fatty liver disease.  If caught much earlier, it would have still been inoperable. Even on a person bile duct tumors are seldom opearble. It's one of those very rare and freaky things.

I'm devastated.

MadameX ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 7:33 PM

Oh, Connie! I'm so VERY VERY sorry! I know exactly how you feel 'cos we had to make such a decision when my Salem got sick. I'm crying now.....and keeping you both in my prayers. :crying:

LadyElf ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 8:19 PM

Oh Connie, I'm so very sorry sweetheart!

Not much more that I can say, you get that second opinion if that is what you need to do. 

If you want to talk, I'm around, honey.

HUGS to both of you!

deb

jefsview ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 8:24 PM

I'm sorry, Connie.

Just make certain you spend some quality time with Tigger in these days.

-- Jeff

emay68 ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 9:34 PM

Oh Connie, that is heartbreaking.  I'm so very sorry to hear this.  Definitely get the second opinion if you want to.  There is no doubt that you will give Tigger all the love and comfort possible.  I'm so sad for you both.  I'll say more prayers.  Take care of yourself.

HAWK999 ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 1:48 AM

I'm really sorry about the turn of event here. It's terrible.

Sending great thoughts, prayers and hugs to you and Tiger

arbee999 ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 6:14 AM

So sorry to hear this Connie.
Prayers and love for you and Tigger.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 6:30 AM

Oh Connie I'm so very sorry.  There's nothing that anyone can say or do to make this more bearable.  I know that whatever choice you make will be with Tigger's best interests at heart.  Just remember that Tigger has had many happy years with you.  You need to stay strong for her and for Bubba and your honey.

We've all had to say goodbye to loved ones when we don't want to.  It's never easy.  Our prayers go out to you, Tigger, Bubba and your honey.

fivecat ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 11:09 AM

Oh Connie, what terrible news, I'm so sorry. Getting the second opinion is probably good, just so you know that whatever decision you make is the best one for Tigger. It is good that she is not in pain, so that you may have some more time with her.

Sending hugs and healing thoughts to you and Tigger. 

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 1:09 PM

I'm so sorry Connie.  It's good to know that Tigger isn't going to be suffering and will just slip quietly away knowing she's been loved and cared for.

You are in my thoughts

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Peelo ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 3:08 PM

Sorry to hear that Conniekat8. But remember, you gave Tigger a good life and took good care of her. Im sure Tigger had a happy life thanks largely to you.  That is so much more than what some people do to animals. If Tigger could speak I am sure she'd thank you for all the things you've given her.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 6:34 PM

Thank You so much everyone for all your love, support, prayers, hugs, time good words and everything you shared with me.

After seeing her condition yesterday, after a ride home, and just the ultrasound at the vet made her bleed a little bit internally - so she vomited a lot of blood last night, any kind of surgery is out of question. Even if we uncovered the tumor months or even weeks ago, when she was full strength, it would be very risky thing. There's no specific procedure for it, it would be all experimental.

When she puked blood, I didn't know if she would make it through the night, called the vet and he said she isn't necessarily bleeding internally. However, she did, and even perked up a little bit in the morning. She puked a little bit this moring after a feeding - no more blood today.

Just making her comfortable, and spending all the time she wants with her. She's still alert, and wants to snuggle when he has an energy spurt, so I indulge her, and talk to her, she likes to be talked and whisprerd to, and still responds to me. She even managed to get out of her basked, and with my supporting some of her weight decided to crawl under the covers with me for a little while, like she does every morning.

The vet said that she will go unconscious at some point, and that's the time to bring her in.

We'll get her ashes back. My honey, and my ex boyfriend of 10+ years will go with me too. Tigger is my ex boyfriends 'Precious Little Girl'. He was there with us yesterday too when we got the bad news, and gave her a big snuggle in his style. She definately responded to him.  He wants to take half of her ashes, and put them next to a big framed picture he has of her and her brother on the wall.

She is really an extrodinary little kitty. Made a lot of people very happy, and is very smart, decisive and definately dominant little kitty. She knew how to get everyone wrapped arund what she wanted, and they would do it cheerfully.

I'll get another kitty, or even two. Not to replace Tigger, she'll always be loved just the same, but to give another one or two rescues a warm loving home. Plus, Tigger would always watch over me too - even now, sheknows when I'm upset and comes and snuggles up to me. Her little angel will help me pick out another kitty, or maybe two, to keep me sane and watch over me. Tiggers brother, Bubba is very friendy towards other kitties. He is hanging close to us, and hovering.

I told my honey that after we take Tigger in to the vet for the last time, to drive me straight to my doctor, I'm sure I'll be needing something to get me through so I don't get panic attacks and end up in th emergency room (BTDT)

Thank You so much for all the kind words. Tigger is feeling all the snuggly hugz too.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 6:46 PM
Online Now!

Connie, I am so sorry. I know how you feel, it's been a year since we had to have Queen Neffy put to sleep but I still feel it. Just know that all your friends are here for you. Hugs

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

emay68 ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 8:56 PM

Oh, I'm crying.  I'm so, so sorry, Connie.  At least she will just "go to sleep" when the time comes.  That is at least some small comfort.  She sounds like she is taking things like a trooper.

I like your ideas about adopting more.  Of course Tigger can't ever be replaced, but there will be one or two homeless animals that will get a chance at a safe and loving home.

Blessings to you, Tigger, your honey, Bubba and your ex.

scanmead ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2009 at 6:44 AM

Connie, there are no words to make this easier. These special little people never stay with us long enough. The only way I've found to get through it, is to remind myself they're still here, and to not start missing them while they are That very special one who finds some of us, makes it even harder. 

All of you are in our thoughts, and we're all here if you need us. 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2009 at 5:26 PM

I wrote this last night, but got distracted and never hit send:
*Yeah, Bubba and Tigger are shelter rescues, I got them when they were 3-4 months old, and they live like royalty.

Tigger is hanging in there, super weak, but still showing will to do what she wants to do... like which bed she wants to snuggle up on... she starts moving her head and paws, then I support  her tummy and most of her weight, and let her take direction.  Giving her little massages and stretches so she doesn't get too bed sore.

When we get new kitties, Bubba will tell them all about Tigger, and Tigger will be our little angel, always sitting on my shoulder. She did that a lot when she was younger, and it's always her favorite spot to crawl up on my shoulder when I carry her.

*This morning, she livenened up a bit again. We had a peeing accident because mommy couldn't figure out what was up. She was needing to pee, and I was waiting for her to puke (had a catchers mitt full of towels ready, but at the wrong end).  She kept squirming from one kitty bed to the next, found on that she didn't recognize as her own (gray, like her litter box) and finally crouched down. She's too weak to sit.

I thought it was a puke coming up because, I had just fed Bubba, and Tigger's head popped up when she heard the can open.. and she even tried eating a bite of his food. Then I gave her a feeding.  She started licking her lips, and squirming, and had couple burps - which usually happens right before the puke.

Well, by the time I figured it out, she was all soaked in her pee. (I have plastic under the blankets so it's no biggie)  I couldn't let her sit in her own pee, so I gave her a short easy warm bath. No shampooing or too much scrubbing, just enough to get the worst off of her. She has enough energy to crawl out of it after about two minutes, and onto the towels.

She's resting now wrapped up in warm blankets, and having enough energy to give me a major stink-eye.

Yesterday I found a bottle of unused Xanax (super low dose) at home, from couple years ago when I had my last major bout with panic atacks. It is helping me stay functional, and able to take care of Tigger and myself, and my honey... Actually, he's taking care of me at the moment, but I'm at least able to not be a weepy mess for few hours at the time.

arbee999 ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2009 at 8:38 PM

:crying:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.