Fri, Sep 20, 3:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Tips for Character Vendors:

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 6:56 AM

@Michelle
Thanks, and I hope you don't mind but I've decided to post that picture of you in your Belly Dancer costume.  I just wanted vendors to see it, and to make the males of the forum jealous that you are on my friend list.

BTW, I'm getting a new camera maybe at Christmas (hint hint) - so we could do more if you want!

@David
I didn't know you were a locksmith?

booksbydavid ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 11:05 AM

Quote -
It's ok as long as he doesn't try anything funny!
You know what he's like, we both do :-P

Huh? What? I'm not in the least bit funny. I mean, well.... I'm not funny. That's all.

MuonQuark ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 11:54 AM · edited Tue, 07 October 2014 at 11:56 AM

file_507696.jpg

David has always been funny.  LOL

Anyways, here are a couple of examples of the variety I would like to see.  Something new, something different.  I did these in DS but they can easily be done in Poser as well.  This is Michael 4 with morphs from Morphus (at DAZ3d) and morphs++.  An oldie but still a goodie.

MuonQuark ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 11:56 AM

file_507697.jpg

Here's another...

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 1:16 PM

Thanks for posting samples, but regards that last one, I thought it was only the Brits that had crooked teeth :scared:
He looks like the Woodkeeper in one of my Horror films, but I can't remember which one!

MuonQuark ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 1:34 PM

Naw, he's just a good old boy as we say here in the US.

:-)

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2014 at 7:16 AM

Well, you know best Michelle, but I still wouldn't trust him in the woods!

booksbydavid ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2014 at 11:25 AM

And we should trust you in the woods?

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2014 at 1:06 PM

Of course you can trust me, but I'm really nice!

But in general it's not a good idea for women to go into the woods alone, it's too risky.  I've got lots of horror films based on true stories and you'd be surprised what happens to women who venture into the woods alone, I really wouldn't recommend it.

MuonQuark ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2014 at 1:35 PM

We need a chat thread somewhere so we can pop in from time to time to say hello.  But not in the woods......

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2014 at 1:32 PM

You can say hello to me anytime, Michelle, you know that :woot:

I see the thread is positively thriving with pic contributions again so thought I'd liven it up even further with one my all time fave subjects, girls with guns!  There's a lot of these in the Marketplace but none have convinced me to buy one yet, so who knows, these girls might serve as inspirational tips for a skillfull vendor or two.

icandy265 ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2014 at 10:51 PM

file_507788.jpg

In terms of eyes... I created these eyes (not the character, the character was bought here) in about 10 minutes (I make a lot of eyes, so it's rather easy for me these days)... the sclera, lacrimals and iris were all created with real textures from 3d.sk (brilliant site)... I also use raytrace reflections, so there is no burnt in specular what so ever... I don't know about you, but I happen to love these eyes and think they are pretty close to the vibrance and "light" of the eyes in a lot of these photos... I plan to make many more based on different photos so there's a variety...

Since it was this post that inspired me to create it I may actually release a few eye textures for free if there's a demand for it hehe :) Hope you like them... let me know if you're interested...

icandy265 ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2014 at 10:55 PM

Oh I forgot to add... the character is Yaana for V4 by moonbunnie:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/yaana-for-v4-2/71625/

Hair is Lua Updo by 3Dream:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/lua-updo/98898/

(previously mentioned but just to clarify) Eyes are by me :)

Gator762 ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2014 at 9:07 AM

file_507793.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I've got a really unusual looking girl to post but I'm not going to until more of you post examples.** ** There's only Rokket has listened and I bet that was just to show his beutiful wife off (just a guess it's his wifey). > > > > No, she's not my wife. Close to it though. My wife won't allow me to post pics of her on the internet, so I found something in the ballpark. > > > > And believe it or not, the woman I posted in the pic above is over 40... > > I always thought Michelle Malkin was very pretty. I was shocked when I learned she was old enough to be my mother. :P On the other hand, Asian women don't seem to age as quickly as Europeans. I saw a recent picture of Rosalind Chao (Korean; Keiko O'Brien from Star Trek: TNG and DS9) and she's hardly aged a day. On the other hand, I saw a recent picture of Terry Ferrell (Jadzia Dax, DS9--aka the most beautiful woman ever) and she's *still* gorgeous--even though she *is* the same age as my mother. O_O > > And since you wanted pictures..![](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6c/JadziaDax.jpg). > >  

Indeed.  I thought Michelle Malkin is one of the prettiest ladies out there.  I tried my hand at creating my own copy - which makes me wonder why I haven't done more renders.

Gator762 ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2014 at 9:08 AM

file_507794.jpg

And the full pic.

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2014 at 5:03 PM

Quote - "WTF, you're like some sort of Frankenstein doing eye transplant stuff like that, "

Actually many years ago the merchant "Black hearted"
sold a set of  excellent hi res smart prop replacement eyes for the abysmal default eyes on the  DAZ M2 &V2 figures
so its not that unusual what I am doing with my eye props in C4D.

Oh hell yes! I still use Black Eyes wherever possible. The things you can do now with shaders added.....

Come to think of it, thats' on my to do list. Work out the patching needed to set those puppies into all the figures I can work them into (and there are a lot) and save the setup back into the runtime. Would cut a lot of time of that setup procedure, at least....  

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2014 at 5:06 PM

Quote - > Quote -

If she's a Heroine though, maybe the neck is ok, I didn't realise she was that figure type.  I suppose if she's anywhere between Heroine and Super Heroine it would fit, just don't forget to post the body though

Full length render with a standard height M4 for comparrison.

Or she could just have a couple of jar heads for parents. That'll thicken up -any- neckline.....  

EventMobil ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2014 at 8:24 PM

file_507811.jpg

Thank you, Pumeco, for picking this up from the other thread.

Answering your question what we 'want': I recently sculpted this character on my own (V4 based), because I wanted it.

Poser Pro 2014 GameDev, Lightwave 11.6.3, Blacksmith3D Pro 6, Bryce 7, Carrara Pro 8.5, Reality 4 & LuxRender, Python 2.7 & Wx-Python, UV-Mapper Pro, XFrog 3.5, Paintshop Pro X7, Apophysis 7x64

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Don't render faster than your artistic guardian angel can fly...

EventMobil ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2014 at 9:16 PM · edited Mon, 13 October 2014 at 9:19 PM

file_507813.jpg

I consider Trudy Charcon most attractive, and vendors, PLEEEEEASE: faces are NEVER, I say again, NEVER EVER symmetrical!!! One eye is almost always a little higher than the other, same with the ears, nose usually a little sideways and one of the nosrils smaller than the other, the mouth almost NEVER horizontal, please study reality. The teeth, I'm going to show you in my next post...

Poser Pro 2014 GameDev, Lightwave 11.6.3, Blacksmith3D Pro 6, Bryce 7, Carrara Pro 8.5, Reality 4 & LuxRender, Python 2.7 & Wx-Python, UV-Mapper Pro, XFrog 3.5, Paintshop Pro X7, Apophysis 7x64

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

EventMobil ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2014 at 9:24 PM

file_507814.jpg

Again, asymmetry, plus realistic teeth shapes (do these look like the standard V4 or Miki or Roxie teeth at all???)

EventMobil ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2014 at 9:36 PM

file_507815.jpg

Look at this beauty, and check her teeth and brest...

How I am bored to find all those poser characters with inflated balloons replacing realistic breasts. These ugly things are so hard to remove, once they are overinflated, can we please have normal breasts, which everybody who feels like it can easily make ugly with silicon morphs... The balloon morphs are available everywhere, but the 'unballon' morphs are not working on those monster breast...

EventMobil ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2014 at 9:56 PM · edited Mon, 13 October 2014 at 9:59 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_507816.jpg

Talking of proportions:
  1. If we want variety in tall or small, we cannot use overall scaling!!! Please see my attached image (sorry for the paint, I'm gonna clean up the mess a little later in some weeks, promise ;-)  ). The smaller woman on the left has almost the same length for the legs, but her body from hips to shoulder is shorter. But most important: her head has exactly the same size like the head of the tall woman! This is reality, just study it in the streets or internet: short people are not simple miniatures of tall people. Their head usually has the same size like  everybody else. Only either the legs/limbs, or the body, or sometimes both, sometimes only the neck, are shorter! If you use overall scaling on a character to make him/her smaller than another actor, the result looks ridiculous.

1. All DAZ characters use an artificial proportion in the head/body height ratio (1:8), while reality in everyday nature is 1:7. The 1:8 ratio is called the 'heroic' proportion, which has been developed by classic artists sculpting heroes. Opposite to the DAZ policy of using 1:8, Poser native figures use realistic proportions of 1:7 head/body height. This is why something looks wrong when you pose a Poser native character next to a DAZ character, they don't seem to fit, and sometimes people are so very much used to the DAZ appearence that they assume the Poser characters are wrong. But it is the other way round, the poser character proportions are the realistic ones, for younger characters (teens) you will even have to go down to 1:6,5 or 1:6 proportion to make them look realistic.

EventMobil ( ) posted Mon, 13 October 2014 at 11:41 PM

Thank you, dear Ghost Admin, for adding the nakkid flag instead of removing the image !!! :-)

When I realized I had forgotten to check this, it was too late and I could no longer edit my post :-(

I assume it was AmbientShade watching here? Anyway, thank you <3

Zaarin ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 4:14 PM

Quote - I consider Trudy Charcon most attractive, and vendors, PLEEEEEASE: faces are NEVER, I say again, NEVER EVER symmetrical!!! One eye is almost always a little higher than the other, same with the ears, nose usually a little sideways and one of the nosrils smaller than the other, the mouth almost NEVER horizontal, please study reality. The teeth, I'm going to show you in my next post...

This is something I've been very careful to pay attention to (insofar as M4/V4 allow it) with my commercial morphs. So many characters for especially V4 just look wrong because they're perfectly symmetrical and without any flaws. Also V4 has freakin' goldfish eyes, but just set EyeSize to -0.1 to -0.2 and that's taken care of. ;)  

Zaarin ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 4:18 PM

Quote - In terms of eyes... I created these eyes (not the character, the character was bought here) in about 10 minutes (I make a lot of eyes, so it's rather easy for me these days)... the sclera, lacrimals and iris were all created with real textures from 3d.sk (brilliant site)... I also use raytrace reflections, so there is no burnt in specular what so ever... I don't know about you, but I happen to love these eyes and think they are pretty close to the vibrance and "light" of the eyes in a lot of these photos... I plan to make many more based on different photos so there's a variety...

Since it was this post that inspired me to create it I may actually release a few eye textures for free if there's a demand for it hehe :) Hope you like them... let me know if you're interested...

Those are gorgeous. Yes please! :D  

pumeco ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2014 at 6:28 AM

@icandy265
I'm glad to hear the thread actually inspired someone 😄

Yup, liking the eyes (and the eyebrows), and actually, I think it's best that you didn't bake-in anything.  As for uploading it, I think you'd be allowed to use Renderosity for it, and probably best you do for these, much better than using download host and I notice someone is already waiting in anticipation!

@Gator762
Judging by the amount of "Girls With Guns" in your gallery I'd say we share a like for such things :woot:

@EventMobil
Trudy is quite a babe, and I've always liked Keira!

Regards the 'Black Beauty' and her brests, I agree.  I think I said it in another thread some time ago, I don't really have a preference for any size of breast.  Large or small, makes no difference to me as long as they suit the body they're attached to.  The girl in your pic would probably look ridiculous with massive breasts, I can tell that even though she's clothed.  Things start to look odd when they don't match up.

icandy265 ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2014 at 3:26 PM

All right each iris is going to be based on their own photo (again from 3d.sk) so it will be a few days before I upload them... :)

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2014 at 8:20 AM

"@EventMobil
Trudy is quite a babe, and I've always liked Keira!"

Ummm.. You guys do realize that
 "Trudy Charcon"
was merely the name of the Fictional Character in "Avatar" portrayed by the Actress
Michelle Rodriguez...correct?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0735442/

My website

YouTube Channel

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2014 at 10:57 AM

I was just using the names EvenMobil used 😉

EventMobil ( ) posted Sat, 18 October 2014 at 7:07 AM

Quote - "@EventMobil
Trudy is quite a babe, and I've always liked Keira!"

Ummm.. You guys do realize that
 "Trudy Charcon"
was merely the name of the Fictional Character in "Avatar" portrayed by the Actress
Michelle Rodriguez...correct?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0735442/

Laughing, yes, I wanted to relate to the character she played, too... Supercool ;-)

pumeco ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 4:18 PM

Just thought I'd bump this thread, two reasons really.

After reading Wiz's post, I was curious if my own thread would bump to last post as this one was created before the changeover.
Hopefully Wiz will acknowledge if he sees this.

Second reason is actually a compliment: going back through this thread after the change is actually an improvement regards images, they're huge now, or at least the ones that are actually uploaded to Renderosity are.  Obviously it doesn't change the size of the others.  But yup, I just looked through all the pages of this thread and it looks better with the picture formatting at least.  The images definitely look better edge-to edge (sort of infinity-pool style).

I really hope they keep this picture format, so at least something got improved :woot:

Please, add some "Multiple Image" buttons though.  I've never understood the logic in limiting it, because all it means is that we have to make another post, and that's messy compared to allowing miltiple images in a single post.  And while I'm at it, another compliment is that I see "Video Embedding" is supported (or about to be), and even better, you have "Vimeo" listed as a supported format.  Well done there, Vimeo is a good site, I like Vimeo and I always get pissed off when sites support YouTube but not Vimeo,

Thankfully, Renderosity are better than that, so a big thumbs up to them for that :-)

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 12:17 AM · edited Mon, 03 November 2014 at 12:21 AM

I'm not sure whether to go by the title of the thread or by the OPs first post. I guess I just don't think that whether a character is attractive or not has much bearing on whether it's useful to me. In fact, given the plethora of good looking young men and women in my runtime, I've got far more attractive characters than I'll ever actually use.

My favorite recent purchases bear this out: Mildred and Myrtle plus a couple of Senile Santas from Tempesta here, and Jiggerman by Brahann from RDNA. In other words, what I will buy is what I don't already have. And I don't need any more twenty year old gods or goddesses regardless of ethnicity.

Thankfully, there are some very, very good aging and faceweight morphs available for Genesis 2, so I can at least make those characters appear a little less perfect.

But I understand that vendors want to sell what sells. If so, it doesn't matter what we find attractive or not. It's what people with money to burn find attractive, and that seems to be a very specific look.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 5:31 AM

You're right, and as it turns out, I might have been better off calling this thread TEAT (Thick Eyebrow Appreciation Thread) :-D

That should be an interesting thing for vendors to observe for though (a tip), because in the course of just three pages, four of us have effectively spoken in support of thick eyebrows, yet not a single person has reacted with a "thin looks better to me" type of comment.  It's a good indication that the thin look the vast majority of vendors go for, might be worth changing to thick look at least once in a while.

BTW, thanks for posting, it's your first post on this thread so I know it must have got bumped to last post.
Maybe Wiz might has a setting screwed-up on his account.

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 8:47 AM · edited Mon, 03 November 2014 at 8:50 AM

@Wolf**
WTF, you're like some sort of Frankenstein doing eye transplant stuff like that, but anyway, I think I prefer the second one of those, just seems to go better.

Bagginsbill has a free eye model...
https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/bbeye

EventMobil, The girl on the right must have been the model for V3's shoulders... :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 9:08 AM

@Rod
Cheers, but I'm avoiding everyones helpers and scripts and stuff (for now) until I get my head around the technicalities of the renderer and nodes a bit better than I have so far.  If I downlod the BB stuff I'm worried I'll get idle and won't bother trying to learn the stuff I need to.  I'm still trying to get it do do Anamorphic stuff properly, it's probably dead easy to do with a very obvious way to do, it but I've not figured it out, so to me, that's a problem I have to deal with.

Still, I only have a stab at it now and then, so that's my excuse for still figuring it all out :-D

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 6:37 PM · edited Mon, 03 November 2014 at 6:39 PM

That should be an interesting thing for vendors to observe for though (a tip), because in the course of just three pages, four of us have effectively spoken in support of thick eyebrows, yet not a single person has reacted with a "thin looks better to me" type of comment.  It's a good indication that the thin look the vast majority of vendors go for, might be worth changing to thick look at least once in a while.

Well, that depends on what you mean by attractive -- and who's doing the buying. I expect that a great many characters are bought by women -- hence the "thin eyebrows" and the enormous variations in fingernail shapes and colors (something I don't think most blokes really pay any attention to) and all the makeup options and different colored eyelashes, etc, etc.

The popular vendors most likely know, by now, exactly what their particular customers prefer, and they are producing repeated iterations of that look over and over. It does get tiresome, just as the same outfits over and over gets tiresome. But they need to make a living AND there are fairly easy ways we, as customers, can adjust a purchased product more to our liking.

I prefer thicker -- more natural -- eyebrows in women, myself. So I totally agree that changing the look occasionally might not be a bad idea.

Of course, as I pointed out, character textures aren't fixed. You could just pick up an eyebrow pack and add some extra follicles that way.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2014 at 4:26 AM

"Of course, as I pointed out, character textures aren't fixed. You could just pick up an eyebrow pack and add some extra follicles that way."

Totally agree.

As a bloke I must be in touch with my feminine side as I do play with the make up and fingernail shapes and decoration.  After all, well manicured decorated nails does not really find a place in Sci-Fi and fantasy fight scenes but it does on a night out, or it does in my take on the future.  I have a number of items I have purchased in the past that allow me to change the make up and the nails, but it has been a few years since I have purchased anything along those line because these days I adapt the texture myself.

It would be unfair of me to encourage vendors to create make up designs or different shaped in eyebrows if I have no intention of buying such items, which is why it is dangerous so assume a liking based on the lack of comment.  I know you raised this to generate interest, which I hope it does,  but to assume that people don't like thin eyebrows just because no-one has asked for them is not necessarily valid.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2014 at 5:38 AM · edited Tue, 04 November 2014 at 5:40 AM

Well, I'll be perfectly honest here, the chances of me buying something even if this thread inspired it, are practically zero.

Not being snobbish or anything, but I hardly ever buy content, and when I do, it's always generic stuff that can be put under a lot of use.  For example, I bought the Morphs++ for V4 (before Roxie you understand), because they're a general use thing.  But stuff that gives a sort of limited amount of use, I would never buy it, hell, I don't even download it when it's free - I prefer to have a bash at it myself.  The thread really is for anyone to let rip, to post examples of stuff they'd like vendors to produce, stuff they think vendors would do financially better with if they produced it - stuff that perhaps they think does not exist because others would likely see it as unattractive.

It was also posted because at the time, the forum was pretty quiet and I was bored out of my mind :-D

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 21 November 2014 at 7:03 PM · edited Fri, 21 November 2014 at 7:05 PM

Was looking through Roxie's playlist and found this video among her Scooter stuff.  No doubt Roxie has it for the beat, but nevertheless, it also happens to have an awesome party babe in it, one with nice eyes, so I thought I'd add her here!

Sadly, she only makes short appearances scattered throughout the video, but that's better than nothing I suppose, you'll just have to excuse the stupid hockey shots inbetween and wonder to yourself what on earth Scooter were thinking by filling their video with more shots of a bloody hockey team than the dancing girl!

WFT is the world coming to, it's a Scooter vid for crying out loud!
Anyway, Click Here for hotness and nice eyes!

PS: If there's anyone here not jumping around to this track, you should check you have a pulse, peeps :-D

file_31fefc0e570cb3860f2a6d4b38c6490d.jp

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2014 at 7:14 AM · edited Mon, 24 November 2014 at 8:22 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Here is a character I've been developing, and some of the points made here are covered.  Thicker brows, (displ/tramsparency mapped to the upper brow so it can be made black if you want) and I did an extensive study on eyes to come up with these.  I wanted a more real looking face with a nose rather than a bump and more shape.  The morphs are finished (inj/rem files complete) but I am still fine-tuning the textures.  The body is more realistic as well if you want to have a peek.

Boni

file_ec8956637a99787bd197eacd77acce5e.pnHere is a hint to the body. ...

file_37a749d808e46495a8da1e5352d03cae.pn

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2014 at 7:34 AM

OH, please note, I forgot to mark nudity in my last post!  I am so sorry.

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 24 November 2014 at 6:01 PM

New character ... thick eyebrow and black.  Hope you like.  early stages.

file_0a09c8844ba8f0936c20bd791130d6b6.pn

Boni

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2014 at 2:58 AM · edited Tue, 25 November 2014 at 3:03 AM

Looking good, Boni, the detail is lost in shadows though.  I'm wondering if you have your gamma set wrong or you have your monitor brightness set too high, and that it's influencing your judgement on the output.  I can barely see the eyebrow details on the black babe, but on the white one I think I'd make the eyebrow hair strands thinner but have more of them, make them more dense.

Oh, and it's nice to see what looks to be a true Redhead for a change, I hardly see that on Poser characters, it's usually some other weird colour.

I was going to suggest turning the reflection down on the eyes a bit, but again, you might have set it like that due to your gamma or monitor settings - the reflections on the eyes are really stand-out super-glassy and I think that's down to your viewing settings somewhere :-)

pumeco ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2014 at 1:04 PM · edited Tue, 25 November 2014 at 1:07 PM

Some of those reading the forum earlier today will be expecting this post (especially Vilters) :-D

I was looking to post more eyes the other day and remembered the girl you're about to see.  But while I watched the video through, I was taken back at just how much she reminded me of Roxie.  Yes, I found the eyes I wanted to post (she has amazing eyes), but I was more taken back by the fact that she looked so much like Roxie, and in so many ways that I got very curious and analytical about it.

I must have played the video through six times in succession so that I could observe diffrerent aspects of her, and on each pass, the more I started to wonder if Roxie was actually inspired by this girl.  There's a lot of viewing to do if you want to be truly analytical about it, but put it this way ...

Face shape = PASSED (even in profile)
Body shape = PASSED (even in profile)
Breast shape = PASSED (even in profile)
Hips = PASSED (even in profile)

Skin colour = PASSED
BMI = PASSED
Height = PASSED
Age = PASSED

Eye sockets (brow form) = PASSED
Eye colour = PASSED
Eyebrows = PASSED

Load-up a default Roxie in the viewport and then play the video a few times, switching back to the viewport between plays so you can orbit Roxie and make some analytical comparisons for yourself.

The question is, did we just see the real-life inspiration for Roxie?
Click Here and see what you think!

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2014 at 4:43 PM · edited Tue, 25 November 2014 at 4:45 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity, violence

file_8f85517967795eeef66c225f7883bdcb.jp 

pumeco Don't get why Artist would need another's work to show what they want .

Sixx:A.M. - "Modern Vintage"

Wicked CD n Cover

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2014 at 5:06 PM · edited Tue, 25 November 2014 at 5:08 PM

"Looking good, Boni, the detail is lost in shadows though.  I'm wondering if you have your gamma set wrong or you have your monitor brightness set too high, and that it's influencing your judgement on the output.  I can barely see the eyebrow details on the black babe, but on the white one I think I'd make the eyebrow hair strands thinner but have more of them, make them more dense.

Oh, and it's nice to see what looks to be a true Redhead for a change, I hardly see that on Poser characters, it's usually some other weird colour.

I was going to suggest turning the reflection down on the eyes a bit, but again, you might have set it like that due to your gamma or monitor settings - the reflections on the eyes are really stand-out super-glassy and I think that's down to your viewing settings somewhere :-)" ~ Pumeco

The gamma settings are turned off.  Intentionally.  I found them to be muting the SSS way too much for my taste.  I'll bring them back and test them.  The woman I modeled the "redhead" after is actually of Norwegian ancestry (or at least she portrayed that in many of her roles) but I did work hard to get the textures more accurate.  The brows are ... done purely in the transparency channel.  But also hooked up to the bump/displacement.  The face texture is no-brow.  Again this allows the user to change the color of the brow at will.  Thank you for your kind words about my models.  I will work on the morphs for the second model as I put that together in about 4 hours trying to capture a blue-black texture, and failing that just a pleasant tone so there is a minimal of morphs on her.  

Boni

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2014 at 5:26 PM

Ok, haven't used Roxie ... loaded her up and am rendering her with makeup ... waiting for render.  You have me curious.

Boni

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2014 at 6:18 PM · edited Tue, 25 November 2014 at 6:21 PM

file_b73ce398c39f506af761d2277d853a92.jp
Sorry to disagree, but nothing "passes".
Not the brows, not the eyes, not the lashes, not the nose, certainly not the mouth nor the cheeks. 
Facial BMI is less.

Screengrab is from 2;11 into the clip, scaled to fit. (I used the eyes centerpints to do the fitting to Roxie

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2014 at 6:35 PM

file_8f53295a73878494e9bc8dd6c3c7104f.jp
Side , sorry again.
Neckline, Jawline, no underchin, cheeks, mouth, nose, eye position, nothing fits. 

A good singer, and I like the song, but, LOL, not a Roxie at all.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2014 at 6:45 PM

file_6cdd60ea0045eb7a6ec44c54d29ed402.jp 

Recheck of the front.
Screengrab from the end of the clip. (Eyes centerpoints used for scaling.)

Sorry, but nothing fits. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.