Wed, Sep 18, 2:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Restarting the development of VWD

Selinita ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 4:28 AM

Thanks Smaker1, I have tried both but the cloth draps then lifts up off the cube and over as if wind has picked it up. Even using the yellow dot to try and drag it over the cube will not stop it slipping off the cube. I read somewhere that it might be the number of vertices that is the issue? I will have to experiment more... If I find a solution I will post it here...

Gérard, je sais que vous êtes occupé et que vous voulez que nous nous débrouillions, mais un peu de conseils de votre parte sera apprécié... SVP :)

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 5:08 AM

Difficile pour Gérald d'étre présent 24h sur 24h!

what VWD version? Basic test with DS4: 2 primitive, 1 cube and a plane. default setting in VWD

test cube.jpg

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 5:53 AM

@Selinita: Excuse me to take time to reply. The life is not always easy, sorry.

In the image you sent me on the sitemail, there are 2 problems.

I use this message to thanks Smaker1 for his help. he is often faster than me.

The instability in the GPU simulations is linked to the High parallelism in the computing of the springs. The choice is not easy. Currently I choiced to apply high parallelism as is with a random distribution of the springs, eventually with the "Use double springs" which execute another computing with another random sorting. This method is not perfect but it works correctly as soon as the number of springs is over 2 millions. I try to find a method which keep the speed and improve the quality.

The mesh which seems to be broken. This issue is linked to the subdivision in VWD. The program was created for Poser and Poser has a OBJ importation with the weld of the vertices. I believe Carrara has also this feature. Unfortunately, Daz Studio don't have this feature and the Bridge written by Philippe don't weld perfectly the vertices. I want to rewrite the Subdivision function in VWD to return a welded mesh. This will resolve the issue you have.

I hope I replied correctly to your message. Feel free to ask me other informations.

Have a great day.

Gérald

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

Selinita ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 10:24 AM

Salut! @Smaker1 - thanks for the image that is just what I was expecting to accomplish... I'm not using DS4 but Carrara and VWD v1.1.522.3630_206702 @Gérald - I'm sorry I got your name wrong :( and thank you for responding... I can't increase the number of vertices as I then get an "x.obj not found" error message - but I think you are going to increase some wait time parameter to tackle this? I also had this message with Poser 11 Pro using Jessi and the Jessi Red Dress which comes pre-installed!

I would love to get these minor niggles ironed out as VWD is a fantastic program !

Selinita ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 10:28 AM

@Surody - thanks for the headsup !

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 11:13 AM

Sorry I don't use Carrara.
My plane was : 150 x 150. I don't use VWD subdivision. If I need one I do it inside DS4. I would also move the plane a little bit over the cube

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 11:44 AM

Hello Gerald

you're welcome !

Having fun with GPU version. A real pleasure to try some new scenario and get a quick feedback. After reading a post about wet clothes I had to try my version. Here is a work in progress without postwork (had to cut the up and down part of the picture 😁 )

I saw the youtube video. Will it be possible to do some squish?

Test wet-04.jpg

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 3:30 PM · edited Sat, 31 March 2018 at 3:31 PM

@Smaker1: Great image. Seeing this kind of image helps me to continue the VWD development. 😀

@Selinita : I thought you worked with the GPU version. Excuse me for this mistake. If you want, I can send you the latest version (in beta testing). This will help you to resolve some issues. En fait, je ne souhaite pas vraiment que vous vous debrouilliez. Il est vrai que le temps me manque pour faire toutes les choses que j'aimerais finaliser. Je suis actuellement dans une phase de développement. Une fois cette phase terminée, je veux faire des montagnes de tutoriels pour expliquer les nouvelles fonctions du programme. Je pense qu'il ne sera pas inutile de faire également des tutoriels pour toutes les anciennes fonctions qui ne sont pas forcément bien comprises. Merci pour votre commentaire. Il fait également partie des choses qui m'aident à continuer.

Selinita ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2018 at 9:28 PM

@Smaker1 : I love what you've done here! And this is with DS4 and the GPU version of VWD ? Impressive to say the least !!!

@Gérald : Je serai très, très contente de recevoir la dernière version et je suis consciente que vous bossez pour finaliser ce magnifique logiciel, donc je vous ai écrit un mail. En plus, merci d'avoir dépenser du temps précieux pour nous répondre.. j'ai honte d'avoir vous dérangé. Amitiés Selina

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2018 at 9:52 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Here is the "opaque" render (I quoted nudity even if the shirt is completely opaque!) . With DS4, render in Octane and of course VWD! (GPU version). VWD is a major tool in my workflow. since a long time and I think I only master 5 % of the possibilities

VWD is not a one click solution but the more you invest the better are the results. It has been a long time I didn't read again the manuel :-) ! Did you get some results with your plane and cube?

Wet Final Opaque.jpg

Selinita ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2018 at 10:27 AM · edited Sun, 01 April 2018 at 10:29 AM

I will try more when Gérald sends me the beta version - though I managed to get thus far:

BlanketCloth01.jpg

But this shows breakages between the plane's faces

ColbaltBlue.jpg

This still has a tendency to slip but not as much and...

TableCloth01.jpg

Which is a vast improvement - but want to smooth the mesh more as it looks like it needs a good ironing LOL

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2018 at 10:48 AM

In DS4, I sometimes sudivide after simu and also add a smoothing modifier for "good ironing" even on sunday 😄 . Is there the equivalent in Carrara?

In the middle image the weight of the clothe could be the problem. You can also stop simu when the clothe reach the cylinder, nail (or fix) some vertices and then restart the simu

Selinita ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2018 at 11:46 AM

Hi, yes you can subdivide a mesh both visually (just render) and modelling. To restart the sim you press ALT+Start Sim. The only difficulty is with the bridge bringing the model back to carrara as a morph target !

I thought this put everything back to the beginning - is there a way to start from the beginning without closing VWD and importing the objects from scratch?

Your help is greatly appreciated ?

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2018 at 12:05 PM

In "simulate" you have "Simulation History" where you can start again and even go to the step you want. Gerald made a video "Hinata dress method 1" where he use it (3mn) .

In DS4 it's not a morph target but a new object.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2018 at 3:42 PM

Hello,

The dynamic morphs is in progress. Some difficulties to reach some morphs.

The self selection has been extended to the scale/softness function. Very useful to deform a cloth with a natural way. I don't know how much video I will have to do when all these functions will work correctly.

Stef: The dynamic deformation works fine with the extension. The isolated vertex moves now with all the other ones and the displacement is more accurate. I am sure you will like it. Beautiful image. Thank you to show us your renders.

@Selinita: you can try to use a triangular mesh. The results will be better.

I will do a new version in the coming days. If you are interested by the tests..... for those who didn't send me an email.

Gérald

Smaker1 ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2018 at 3:43 AM

Great Gerald!

The quality of my images made a big jump with VWD thanks to you!

I was also thinking about tuts: -short videos tut explaining functionnalities with different typical usecases: long dress, multi layered, hard parts, belts, .... (like the 3 tuts about Hinata dress). Audio is not required (at least for me) ! -Also videos dedicated on a parameter or functionnality (simulation history ...). Personnally I'm sure that I miss some important functionnalities already existing in VWD.

Don't spend long time on each. Don't know what other users think about this?

Surody ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2018 at 6:57 AM

Smaker1 posted at 6:55AM Mon, 02 April 2018 - #4327293

Great Gerald!

The quality of my images made a big jump with VWD thanks to you!

I was also thinking about tuts: -short videos tut explaining functionnalities with different typical usecases: long dress, multi layered, hard parts, belts, .... (like the 3 tuts about Hinata dress). Audio is not required (at least for me) ! -Also videos dedicated on a parameter or functionnality (simulation history ...). Personnally I'm sure that I miss some important functionnalities already existing in VWD.

Don't spend long time on each. Don't know what other users think about this?

I'm discussing Patreon with Gérald and tutorials is a big topic.

Selinita ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2018 at 12:53 PM

Surody posted at 12:46PM Mon, 02 April 2018 - #4327299

I'm discussing Patreon with Gérald and tutorials is a big topic.

Perhaps a few short tutorials outlining the basics:

1. Importing collision objects - best practice (polycount, shape, etc)
  2. Importing cloth / hair objects - when to use stretch and/or soft springs (what's the difference how to combine properties)
  3. Difference between static simulation and dynamic simulation when should you use for best effect
  4. Pinning vertices and picking vertices during animation (use of gravity to get the look and feel of draping desired)
  5. Collision distances and self collision (what works best with silk, velvet, denim, cottom)
  6. How to export mesh from VWD and best practices to post smooth for excellent renders

Selinita

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2018 at 5:00 PM

Hello,

I agree with you, there a lot of tutorials to do on VWD. Several tens... at least.

Perhaps it is a good way to use Patreon to do them.

My goal is to work in 3 domains:

• Creating Tutorials.
  • Clothes making using a personal method with a specific mesh structure. This function could be extended with a clothes generation in the program functionning with parts assembling.
  • Creating RIP files for Old clothes with an automatic importation of these clothes with the best settings for the simulation.

Each file would be at a very low price (1$ or 2$ for complex explanations) on Patreon's website.

Tell me what you think of this concept?

MrFiddles22 ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2018 at 12:29 AM · edited Wed, 04 April 2018 at 12:42 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 10:28PM Tue, 03 April 2018 - #4327407

Hello,

I agree with you, there a lot of tutorials to do on VWD. Several tens... at least.

Perhaps it is a good way to use Patreon to do them.

My goal is to work in 3 domains:

• Creating Tutorials.
  • Clothes making using a personal method with a specific mesh structure. This function could be extended with a clothes generation in the program functionning with parts assembling.
  • Creating RIP files for Old clothes with an automatic importation of these clothes with the best settings for the simulation.

Each file would be at a very low price (1$ or 2$ for complex explanations) on Patreon's website.

Tell me what you think of this concept?

Sure, whatever helps you continue your work, (If you're successful, that helps us be successful)

-Video Tutorials are definitely needed. If I had a specific VWD issue, I would not mind paying for a detailed explanation video (If I understand you correctly, that you want to charge for specific tutorials)

You could also sell advanced tutorials in the Renderosity Store as well. (Similiar to how Blacksmith 3D Does with advanced tutorials)

-I would try at minimum to have basic video tutorials avialable for basic functions and new Version features, so people can get started with VWD correctly.

-Regarding clothes, it would be good to see what optimal designs for VWD should look like and how they should be constructed. I would like to see your clothing designs.

-I'm not sure how to use RIP files, but it sounds good, I get the basic idea behind it.

Try it out out, see if it works.

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2018 at 2:20 AM

MrFiddles22 posted at 2:14AM Wed, 04 April 2018 - #4327423

You could also sell advanced tutorials in the Renderosity Store as well. (Similiar to how Blacksmith 3D Does with advanced tutorials)

I actually would stay with my advice to use Patreon. It can give transparency to the amount we are supporting the development of VWD and goals are a good way to encourage willingness of the support. Also, usually if you want to sell something in stores like renderosity, you want to have some "package", something bigger to sell and it tends to hang around in a queue for a little bit before released. Patreon is much more flexible. You can release small tutorials in an instant, make polls which tutorials are most anticipated and you are closer to the community which is supporting you overall.

I expect Gérald to still going with it, but I just wanted to clarify the benefits of Patreon to you.

MrFiddles22 ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2018 at 6:06 AM

Surody posted at 4:05AM Wed, 04 April 2018 - #4327424

I actually would stay with my advice to use Patreon. It can give transparency to the amount we are supporting the development of VWD and goals are a good way to encourage willingness of the support. Also, usually if you want to sell something in stores like renderosity, you want to have some "package", something bigger to sell and it tends to hang around in a queue for a little bit before released. Patreon is much more flexible. You can release small tutorials in an instant, make polls which tutorials are most anticipated and you are closer to the community which is supporting you overall.

I expect Gérald to still going with it, but I just wanted to clarify the benefits of Patreon to you.

My thinking behind that is to have extra exposure in a reliable, targeted market place (i.e Renderosity ) where past and new customers know where to find and buy VWD. While a great idea, Patreon may take some time and continued effort to drive people there.

He will definitely want to add Patreon links on his Youtube or Social media accounts so people know where to go. He could sell in both places and have double exposure, and potentially more sales.

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2018 at 7:17 AM

MrFiddles22 posted at 7:17AM Wed, 04 April 2018 - #4327427

My thinking behind that is to have extra exposure in a reliable, targeted market place (i.e Renderosity ) where past and new customers know where to find and buy VWD. While a great idea, Patreon may take some time and continued effort to drive people there.

He will definitely want to add Patreon links on his Youtube or Social media accounts so people know where to go. He could sell in both places and have double exposure, and potentially more sales.

I agree

MrFiddles22 ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2018 at 7:37 AM · edited Wed, 04 April 2018 at 7:40 AM

Surody posted at 5:26AM Wed, 04 April 2018 - #4327429

MrFiddles22 posted at 7:17AM Wed, 04 April 2018 - #4327427

I agree

It's great Surody you're offering your help and suggestions! Patreon will be a good way for those who want to donate, or in exchange for custom clothing, help, etc. and for continued support of VWD development.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2018 at 4:29 PM

Hello, thank you to all of you.

I will certainly make some basic tutorials in the freestuffs. I would like to sell many tutorials and others on Patreon because it is possible to have a very low price (1$). At Renderosity, there is a minimum price (I don't remember the value) and this price is divided by 2. (50% of the selling price.) I don't know how works Patreon but I suppose it is lower.

It is for these reasons I want to start the Patreon project as soon as possible.

Currently, I have a lot of work and I am not able to do the new version quickly. I will finalize it on Sunday and I will send it to you at this time. No time also for the dynamic morphs. I have to write a very precise message at the Daz's forum to explain my request.

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2018 at 6:35 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 6:35PM Wed, 04 April 2018 - #4327467

I will certainly make some basic tutorials in the freestuffs. I would like to sell many tutorials and others on Patreon because it is possible to have a very low price (1$). At Renderosity, there is a minimum price (I don't remember the value) and this price is divided by 2. (50% of the selling price.) I don't know how works Patreon but I suppose it is lower.

It is for these reasons I want to start the Patreon project as soon as possible.

Currently, I have a lot of work and I am not able to do the new version quickly. I will finalize it on Sunday and I will send it to you at this time. No time also for the dynamic morphs. I have to write a very precise message at the Daz's forum to explain my request.

Can you link the Daz thread when you created it? I would like to read the exact issue and think about a solution myself.

MrFiddles22 ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2018 at 11:35 PM · edited Wed, 04 April 2018 at 11:37 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 9:33PM Wed, 04 April 2018 - #4327467

Yes, what @Surody said, let us know what you are looking for, and post a link to the Daz forum, because I very familiar with the forum there and have read many topics regarding many subjects. I may be able to help.

Selinita ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2018 at 5:00 AM · edited Thu, 05 April 2018 at 5:04 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 4:56AM Thu, 05 April 2018 - #4327467

I will certainly make some basic tutorials in the freestuffs. I would like to sell many tutorials and others on Patreon because it is possible to have a very low price (1$).

Coucou Gérald, I look forward to seeing your tutorials on Patreon and receiving the new Beta on Sunday :) For the message to the Daz forum - talk to philemot, I'm sure he can help you...

Selinita

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2018 at 2:59 PM · edited Thu, 05 April 2018 at 3:08 PM

Hello Selinita, I am sure Philemot can help me but I don't know if he already worked on the subject.

Surody can perhaps help me for this script. He helps me a lot for the Patreon project.

I post here the message I want to send to the Daz Script Forum. If you have any idea on how to solve this, I thank you a lot.

"Message start" Hello,

I want to write a script which allows to modify morphs on a character.

When I import a character and I open the Parameters Tab, there are a lot of modifiers. I would like to modify these modifiers using their names.

I made some tests and I found a solution. Here is a small program which allows to modify the "Nipples" morph. The current version displays the Label and the value of this morph.

fig = Scene.getPrimarySelection();

object = fig.getObject();

numMods = object.getNumModifiers();

print(numMods);

for (i = 0 ; i < numMods ; i++)

{

curMod = object.getModifier(i);

if (curMod.getName() == "PBMNipples")

{

curProp = curMod.getProperty(0);

print(curProp.getLabel());  

print(curProp.getValue());      

}

}

I made another test to modify the left breast in UP/DOWN direction. The name of this modifier in the Parameters Tab is "pCTRLlBreastUp-Down". The corresponding script is:

fig = Scene.getPrimarySelection();

object = fig.getObject();

numMods = object.getNumModifiers();

print(numMods);

for (i = 0 ; i < numMods ; i++)

{

curMod = object.getModifier(i);

if (curMod.getName() == "pCTRLlBreastUp-Down")

{

curProp = curMod.getProperty(0);

print(curProp.getLabel());  

print(curProp.getValue());      

}

}

This script don't display anything. The "pCTRLlBreastUp-Down" don't exist by using this method. This modifier modifies the "lPectoral" node and applies to it a rotation on the X axis. To modify this modifier, I found this solution:

numNodes = Scene.getNumNodes();

for(i = 0; i < numNodes; i++)

{

curNode =Scene.getNode(i);

if (curNode.getName() == "lPectoral")

{

print(curNode.getLabel());

print(curNode.getXRotControl().getValue());

}

}

This script works fine. My problem is that I will need to modify these morphs using different methods.

My question is:

Is there a method to modify all the modifiers in the Parameters Tab by using only one method.

I thank you very much for your replies. "Message end"

I hope my scripts will be easy to read.

If my question is not very clear, please tell me.

Gérald

Surody ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2018 at 3:38 PM · edited Thu, 05 April 2018 at 3:38 PM

My knowledge of programming is too minor. Shouldn't have cancelled my studies. :D I think I can't help in this case. You need someone who knows how to script and uses Daz. I know that there's a person selling Daz script tutorials, maybe try to PM this person in case Philmot runs against a brickwall or nobody responds on the forum. That's all I can do for now.

philemot ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2018 at 3:14 AM

I'm finishing my current project and I'll soon have more time to work on this subject. Just to be sure, will this script be called from VWD? (Meaning they will have to go through the python translator?). Will they be available for Carrara and Poser?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2018 at 2:27 AM

@Philippe: I wanted to send you a mail but it is a good idea to reply you in the forum. I didn't think to the final version of this function. For me, it is better if it is usable in all the hosts. Tell me what you want. I can write this function as the other ones: in Poser. My problem is that I don't work a lot in Poser now and I don't know if all the parameters of Genesis 8 are accessible in Poser. The principle of this function is to:

• ask to the user 4 morphs to modify corresponding to the 4 directions : Up, Down, Right, Left.
  • a dynamic wire is displayed and animated by the animation of the character.
  • The final point of the wire has a position compared to the 2 planes defined by Up/Down and Left/Right.
  • the morph is modified with a value corresponding to the Max displacement defined in the interface. You see it is possible to use several methods to apply these dynamic morphs. Tell me what is the best way to you.

Selinita ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2018 at 2:19 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Salut Gérald,

I see a possible problem with your method...

for (i = 0 ; i < numMods ; i++) { curMod = object.getModifier(i); if (curMod.getName() == "XXX") { do something... } }

Are you asking the user to supply the name of XXX or using the standard names supplied by the figure before iterating over the morphs?

Gyno.png

In this screen grab I have deliberately changed the name of Left Pectoral to Left Gynocomastia (sorry Daz Genesis Figure 2 - it's only for scientific purposes). As I don't have access to the 'api' of the figure I can't see if this is going to be a problem.

Also, there isn't any morph targets and the area has been manipulated with scale and rotation parameters only - though there maybe limits on these (I haven't checked)

Selina

Selinita ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2018 at 3:16 PM

TESTING NEW VERSION 1.1.610.4344

VWD_Error.png

I get this most of the time, but not everytime ???

Selina

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2018 at 2:54 PM

Bonjour Selina,

This message appears when you start the program?

About the dynamic morphs, you can change the name of a morph because the name of the morph is defined and chosen in the interface.

Had you some good results with this new version. What do think on the speed?

Selinita ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2018 at 5:45 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 5:40PM Mon, 09 April 2018 - #4327773

Bonjour Selina,

This message appears when you start the program? - YES, but the program still launches and I can use it and transfer the pose back to the host.

Had you some good results with this new version. What do think on the speed? - YES, I like the new version.

TESTING NEW VERSION 1.1.610.4344

VWD_Error_2.png

I have the same initial error with Carrara bridge and Poser host - I will reinstall to a different directory just to test and let you know. Thank you for your hard work.

Selinita ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2018 at 6:25 PM

Salut Gérald,

J'ai des bonnes nouvelles pour vous... since installing VWD into a new directory and clearing Windows 10 Pro registry VWD now opens in Carrara Bridge and Poser without a memory access violation - Yay !

I like the new speed and the ability to choose GPU or not. I will test some more tomorrow for you... Bonsoir.

Selina

kwan ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2018 at 11:33 AM

Did VWD move to Patreon?? There hasn't been any discussion in the forum here for 5 days. I'm curious about what is new. Did dynamic morphs get resolved? Is it available yet? I am a fan of VWD I just like to know what is going on with it now, Thanks!

Kwan

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2018 at 3:12 PM

Hello Kwan, yes VWD will move to Patreon in some weeks. I thanks a lot Surody for his help. I am a bit slow to understand how to do it. :-( I have to take time to look at it. In some weeks, I will have more time.

Bonsoir Selina, Yes I have this issue sometimes. The best solution to solve this problem is to reinitialize the default parameters.

The dynamic morphs begin to work correctly. I certainly will do a video to show the results and the interface. Apply dynamic morphs on a character will take some seconds. Creating new dynamic morphs will take some minutes. Currently It is necessary to execute the script manually. Even if this action is very easy to do, Philippe will make this action easier and fully automatic.

In some days, I will send this version with the dynamic morphs to Philippe to ask him if he can integrate this part of the program into the bridge.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2018 at 3:35 PM

I forgot to ask you a question.

The current GPU version only works with one collision object. I want to correct this issue but OpenCL don't manage complex arrays. It is necessary to define all the elements of a collision object independently. So I want to limit the number of collision objects in the program... for GPU and for the CPU. Do you think it would be fine a have this limitation defined to 3. I think this allows to create all the simulations but I prefer to have your opinion.

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2018 at 4:03 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 4:02PM Sat, 14 April 2018 - #4328319

I forgot to ask you a question.

The current GPU version only works with one collision object. I want to correct this issue but OpenCL don't manage complex arrays. It is necessary to define all the elements of a collision object independently. So I want to limit the number of collision objects in the program... for GPU and for the CPU. Do you think it would be fine a have this limitation defined to 3. I think this allows to create all the simulations but I prefer to have your opinion.

How do professionals programs like Maya, Cinema 4D etc. do it? Do they even use openGL?

Surody ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2018 at 10:40 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 10:39AM Sun, 15 April 2018 - #4328319

Do you think it would be fine a have this limitation defined to 3. I think this allows to create all the simulations but I prefer to have your opinion.

I think 3 is fine for most cases. If more is possible I wouldn't say no though.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2018 at 4:53 PM

Hello Surody,

The problem is not OpenGL but OpenCL (for Computing Language). This is a language for computations on graphics cards. NVidia has its own language named CUDA but it works only on NVidia graphic cards. I preferred to use OpenCL which works on all graphic cards.

Many programs use now computations on graphic cards but this requires to rewrite the concerning part of the program. Sometimes, it is not so easy.

For the number of collision actors, I will set it to 3.

Surody ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2018 at 5:23 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 5:21PM Sun, 15 April 2018 - #4328380

Hello Surody,

The problem is not OpenGL but OpenCL (for Computing Language). This is a language for computations on graphics cards. NVidia has its own language named CUDA but it works only on NVidia graphic cards. I preferred to use OpenCL which works on all graphic cards.

Many programs use now computations on graphic cards but this requires to rewrite the concerning part of the program. Sometimes, it is not so easy.

For the number of collision actors, I will set it to 3.

Oooooh, I misread that! Thank you for clarifying. Since I own 4 Nvidia cards I probably would prefer CUDA but I comprehend your decision.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2018 at 10:20 AM

Hello,

The problem linked to the node modifiers is now resolved. I am able to read all the properties displayed in the "Parameters" tab. Thanks to a help in another forum.

I certainly will do a first version that I will send to Philemot. To see how it is possible to integrate this new function in the bridge. Currently, VWD generates a .dsa script which must be executed manually in Daz Studio.

I will use my Sunday to really make some videos (Yes, he can 😄 )

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2018 at 10:40 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 10:39AM Wed, 18 April 2018 - #4328538

Hello,

The problem linked to the node modifiers is now resolved. I am able to read all the properties displayed in the "Parameters" tab. Thanks to a help in another forum.

I certainly will do a first version that I will send to Philemot. To see how it is possible to integrate this new function in the bridge. Currently, VWD generates a .dsa script which must be executed manually in Daz Studio.

I will use my Sunday to really make some videos (Yes, he can 😄 )

Awesome news!

Selinita ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2018 at 11:08 AM

Bonjour Gérald, thanks for all your hard work in improving VWD - I'm looking forward to your tutorials on Patreon. I've looked for you there but didn't find you - let us all know when you get up and running. I think a maximum of 3 collision objects to start with will be fine - we can see how users get on with that.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2018 at 2:10 PM · edited Sat, 21 April 2018 at 2:10 PM

Hello,

I send two videos showing how to use and how to create dynamics morphs.

I apologize for my bad English. Sometimes, I would prefer to speak you in Gaulish.

Here are the links :

To create a dynamic morph : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IkDyna5q14M5-oUxDi5W6YzYudzu1ukx

To use dynamic morphs : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KFwh_1u2viUNo5813on1S0FySZnpYxh-

I hope these videos will help you to understand how will work this new function.

MrFiddles22 ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2018 at 5:31 PM · edited Sat, 21 April 2018 at 5:31 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 3:30PM Sat, 21 April 2018 - #4328679

Hello,

I send two videos showing how to use and how to create dynamics morphs.

I apologize for my bad English. Sometimes, I would prefer to speak you in Gaulish.

Here are the links :

To create a dynamic morph : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IkDyna5q14M5-oUxDi5W6YzYudzu1ukx

To use dynamic morphs : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KFwh_1u2viUNo5813on1S0FySZnpYxh-

I hope these videos will help you to understand how will work this new function.

Amazing work Gerald! Can't wait to try it out!

Surody ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2018 at 1:47 AM

Really simple! Can't wait!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.