Sat, Sep 28, 4:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 12:06 pm)

Subject: Vascularity for Poser 13?

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2023 at 6:05 PM

The above is presuming that your vascularity map is black and white, with black being no bump/displacement, and white or near white being areas that are raised.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2023 at 7:02 PM

Reminder that, while Poser Superfly can't work with displacements, it definitely works with normal maps, which IMHO would be better for all of this. Though admitedly harder to make.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

JustBeCause ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2023 at 7:21 PM · edited Tue, 17 October 2023 at 7:29 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

DeeceyArt posted at 6:05 PM Tue, 17 October 2023 - #4476411

The above is presuming that your vascularity map is black and white, with black being no bump/displacement, and white or near white being areas that are raised.

That is great, you just saved me allot of work Cool ! Duuh I totally forgot about the Material Layers, how bad is that ! Now sure can save and load Partial materials, can go ahead and build up a vascularity that can be shared .... Saved my day !

Like Ohki said Displacements will not work on superfly, alternative Bump or normal maps but that is not a big deal to go ahead with.

so here quick setup shots for the secondary layer the first one with Displacement so a big NADA second and third with Bump from there we can go ahead Layer can be saved and loaded to any pre skinned figure that is just perfect .... just can't get over it to have overseen that, such a little thing ! Thanks DeeceyArt, this I call great participation.

tc6fmswdp2VaOLVfDSp2lB1Kq4jhtuYiwPcIQrrj.png

AC110buftoFtEnzY5f7veAobGh7S6NWIyWjEA01k.png

hmd7mt0kA4V9d3ScxGCd9JB5fowqkACOVxflnhXx.png

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2023 at 7:28 PM · edited Tue, 17 October 2023 at 7:34 PM

Displacement DOES work in Superfly, just that you have to subdivide the model at LEAST three times, which will totally bog down the system. 

Normal maps would be great too, but you'd still need to create an equivalent black and white "mask" to mask out areas where color and roughness should not appear. 

AND ... if I remember correctly, material layers SHOULD work in Poser 11 and up, which makes it a better choice than python.

By default when you create a new material layer the PoserSurface node is in there. I prefer the Physical Surface node. Just add it and set it to SuperFly root and the PoserSurface will be ignored.

Consider layers also for makeup (eyeliners, lips, etc), tattoos, sweat, dirt, etc etc etc. Same principle, different little tricks. The advantage is you can use them on the same base character.

OH .. one thing.  Layers STACK with each other. So if you want to replace a layer you have to delete it first, and then add the "new" layer you want to replace it with.

JustBeCause ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2023 at 7:47 PM · edited Tue, 17 October 2023 at 7:52 PM

Sure is a better choice then PY , I choose Bump for now that seems to do the trick, It gives a all new aspect to it all and most probably will also work to integrate it into a Pz2 file adding scales, Vascularity, Scars to loaded textured models in a all easy way, I just can't get over it passed day's for something that was right in front, thank you soo much for your help. 

Sure noted the Stacking LOL was so exited and hit the load a few times :)

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2023 at 7:51 PM

I've been following this thread on and off and I can't believe layers didn't dawn on me until today. Slap forehead! OOPS! LOL

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2023 at 8:00 PM
JustBeCause posted at 7:47 PM Tue, 17 October 2023 - #4476427

Sure is a better choice then PY , I choose Bump for now that seems to do the trick, It gives a all new aspect to it all and most probably will also work to integrate it into a Pz2 file adding scales, Vascularity, Scars to loaded textured models in a all easy way, I just can't get over it passed day's for something that was right in front, thank you soo much for your help. 

No need to do a PZ2 file.  When you save the material layers to the library it saves it with (I think) an MLC extension (for material layer collection I think).  PZ2's were used for old MAT files. No longer necessary.

JustBeCause ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2023 at 8:02 PM

Thought the same thing after passing day's figuring out a solution, Knew there was tiny missing puzzle piece. believe me without you I'd still be puzzling around , now I can cool down that brain a little ;)

JustBeCause ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2023 at 8:10 PM
DeeceyArt posted at 8:00 PM Tue, 17 October 2023 - #4476430
JustBeCause posted at 7:47 PM Tue, 17 October 2023 - #4476427

No need to do a PZ2 file.  When you save the material layers to the library it saves it with (I think) an MLC extension (for material layer collection I think).  PZ2's were used for old MAT files. No longer necessary.
Guess I'm a little the old timer with these Pz2 files LOL ( wants everything in Pz2 ) but sure if the Material file does the whole trick it will save allot of further work and drooping some old habits, actually I'm more into rigging then Materials, but this Vascularity theme just pulled me right in. Veins are a good thing for the Creatures I make so sure worth spending time on it !

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2023 at 8:39 PM

To save material layers:

1) Navigate to or create the material library folder to store your materials

2) Click the + button in the bottom of the library window to create a new material set

3) Set a name for the material layer (Like V4 Vascularity Layer or some such)

4) Click the Material Layers radio button

5) Click the Select Layers button. A dialog opens and lists all the layers in each of the materials you created. You can Select All, Select None, or check only the ones you want to include. Then click OK.

The material layer preset will be saved into the location you choose, using an MLC extension

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2023 at 10:05 PM
Online Now!

Thanks Deecey, will give your suggestions a try as soon as work, family and BG3 lets me... :)

shvrdavid ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 11:56 AM

Just keep in mind that material layers saved in Poser can not replace one that was previously applied. You need a script to work with that as well.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

JustBeCause ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 2:28 PM

DeeceyArt

Had a shot making a Pz2 file for the layer setup Quick converting using the  "Netherworks Material Tools" , just as you said the Pz2 file is rather for older setups :) It keeps the information building up the layers even multiple setup for whole body but having the side effect moving the  nodes on the poser surface like changing the Bump to Gradient bump and the next mystery, moving nodes that are in Alternate_ Specular - Diffuse to the Bump node. Randomly surprise moving the nodes :) 

Might be because the Material Tools automatically are adding the Poser surface lines into the Pz2 script that seem to be the main cause moving nodes around .... Well concentrate now on these Mat files, at least get something nice done for these vascularity. For Firefly will have to check another setup, Layers do not seem to be working In Firefly at all .... Was to be expected.

For the forums users in here now that they know that Partial Shader trees can be built into a material file it will be easy to share the setups as a Material file instead of having them to screenshot the setups and explain how they can be built manually :) , Most of the time these do not fit in the screenshots and you go through a labyrinth of nodes trying to figure them out.

JustBeCause ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 2:36 PM
shvrdavid posted at 11:56 AM Wed, 18 October 2023 - #4476474

Just keep in mind that material layers saved in Poser can not replace one that was previously applied. You need a script to work with that as well.

Actually not necessary, It was never the intention to overwrite a existing structure, the Intention was keeping that structure adding a partial setup to it, in our case adding veins to the existing skin. If there is a existent layer in the model you have loaded it is having a purpose, the new one will just be added as additional effect not affecting or overwriting. So why should there now be a script that is doing exactly what had to be prevented ? 

ThunderStone ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 3:15 PM

🤯 mind blown! 

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 3:46 PM
JustBeCause posted at 2:36 PM Wed, 18 October 2023 - #4476477

Actually not necessary, It was never the intention to overwrite a existing structure, the Intention was keeping that structure adding a partial setup to it, in our case adding veins to the existing skin. If there is a existent layer in the model you have loaded it is having a purpose, the new one will just be added as additional effect not affecting or overwriting. So why should there now be a script that is doing exactly what had to be prevented ? 

To explain what Scott was getting at ...

Let's say you create several different material layers to change the color of the lips. You apply a red lip color layer and the lips turn red. Later you decide you want pink lips.

If you add the pink lips from the library, it will NOT replace the red lips, it will "stack" them, which might not produce the results you like. Instead, select the red lip layer, use the layer controls to delete it, and then apply the pink lip layer.

There is one more thing I need to investigate though, so stay tuned.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 4:47 PM

OK. Let's take V4 for example. The arm textures cover several different material groups. But just for grins let's say you add the vascularity to just Skin Arm and Skin Forearm.

The problem with deleting is, you have to select one material group at a time and delete the layer you want to remove before you change it to something else. In that case, a script wouldn't exactly be NECESSARY, as you can do it with a bunch of clicks. But a script might make things faster.

Of course, the other alternative to remove all those vascularity layers is to reapply the base material that you started with. That would remove ALL of the layers that have been applied to the character.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 4:52 PM
Online Now!

Has anyone considered how to modulate the intensity of the veins?

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 4:59 PM · edited Wed, 18 October 2023 at 5:04 PM

Intensity of the veins. I'm thinking either adjust the bump value, or maybe even adjust the texture map(s), maybe mixing with one of the color adjustment nodes. Thing is, you'd want to make sure that black areas remain black (for the masks). Grayer values would raise the veins less, brighter values would increase. However, once you reach pure white I think  you'd have to go with adjusting the bump/displacement value.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 5:30 PM
Online Now!

Okay, so this is a super stupid question, guys.

Once you save out the material layer, how do you ADD it to a material? When I tried it tonight it either did nothing or crashed my Poser.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 5:44 PM
Online Now!

DeeceyArt posted at 5:43 PM Tue, 17 October 2023 - #4476409

Forgive me for not giving screen shots to accompany this, but I currently don't have Poser installed (need a serious break). But since you are using Cycles then I suggest adding a material layer rather than using a script. 

Anyway, let's say you're doing the arm.

1) Select the arm material.

2) Add a new material layer.

3) In that new material layer, add a phyisical surface node.

4) Change the Color chip to a blue veiny color. 

5) Connect the Vascularity map to the Opacity channel so that the color only appears in the veins.

6) Set the roughness to .5 or higher (you don't want it too shiny). Connect the vascularity map to that input as well.

7) Connect the vascularity map to the bump or displacement and set the value to whatever works well.

I THINK that is all you need to do ... I'm going by memory here.

Anyway, follow that same procedure for the other body parts until you get all the vascularity maps created and looking the way you want.

Then save it to the library. You SHOULD be given the option to save ONLY the material layers to the library, which should then work on any other skin base made for that same character.

NOTE that material layers are SuperFly only. They don't work in FireFly.

Erm also if I follow your description with the blue chip, the entire body is blue. What am I doing wrong here?

I really feel like a complete idiot. From all that you guys listed, the only thing that actually, physically worked and looked good as the first one I copied in a response above.

JustBeCause ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 5:48 PM

DeeceyArt posted at 3:46 PM Wed, 18 October 2023 - #4476480

JustBeCause posted at 2:36 PM Wed, 18 October 2023 - #4476477

To explain what Scott was getting at ...

Let's say you create several different material layers to change the color of the lips. You apply a red lip color layer and the lips turn red. Later you decide you want pink lips.

If you add the pink lips from the library, it will NOT replace the red lips, it will "stack" them, which might not produce the results you like. Instead, select the red lip layer, use the layer controls to delete it, and then apply the pink lip layer.

There is one more thing I need to investigate though, so stay tuned.

Ohh got that point, i fact this sure would be an issue if  that method would be used for a creator that wants to release a package with makeups or special effects using the layers. It is a side effect like also seen on Morphs, there it sure would come in hands having a reset file  like Inj and rem . Well I am still looking into the options in the scripts so there sure should be a way to invert the Injection, if you can add then there should also be a way to remove these :) 

The mcl file is a good start having a closer look at the script. The layer can be also saved as Mt5 but again the resulting like before it will sure load into the new built layer but mess up the Base Layer like it has been doing before interchanging the nodes to the poser surface, unless you load that MT5 Layer file using the Add to Scene feature then the Base Layer remains stable. Back to the Roots, there must be a line in the txt that can be used to prevent that issue that the Main Layer gets affected. Once this is solved it would be possible making a sort of INJ REM file for partial materials or layers. 

JustBeCause ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 6:07 PM

Rhia474

This is the setup DeeceyArt  Explained in a mcl material Poser file you can just add your textures into the layer that has been added. Screenshots are in the Post above that I made with Images of the setup :)

the setup will load into the forearm there selecting the Layer you will find Layer_1 you need to build up the setup into a new layer and not into the base layer

MLC Download Forearm V4

JustBeCause ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 6:30 PM · edited Wed, 18 October 2023 at 6:32 PM

I think I just found the line that is causing the nodes to move in the base layer removing this one in the Poser file script stops causing the issues at least when using the partial materias by loading with the add to scene feature

node NO_NODE

getting closer :)

ok will stop bothering you further with all this tech stuff that is making things confusing and try to figure out a final solution, If there is one !

JustBeCause ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 7:03 PM

Quick correction of my last comment. If making a Mt5 file that should work like the MCL file using the Add to Scene feature the line in the txt

shaderTree

{

node "poser" "PoserSurface"

{

name "PoserSurface"

simply needs to be changed to 

shaderTree

{

node NO_MAP

{

name "PoserSurface"

this will make sure not to affect the Base Poser Layer and you get the option to load the new layer to any selected bodypart. removing eventual other issues change the first lines

actor $CURRENT

{

material 3_SkinForearm

to

actor $CURRENT

{

material

now this starts to solve allot of issues and the layer can be added to the bodypart of your choice, now a solution to remove the layers. Starting to get good results here :)

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 7:10 PM · edited Wed, 18 October 2023 at 7:10 PM
Online Now!

DeeceyArt posted at 4:59 PM Wed, 18 October 2023 - #4476483

Intensity of the veins. I'm thinking either adjust the bump value, or maybe even adjust the texture map(s), maybe mixing with one of the color adjustment nodes. Thing is, you'd want to make sure that black areas remain black (for the masks). Grayer values would raise the veins less, brighter values would increase. However, once you reach pure white I think  you'd have to go with adjusting the bump/displacement value.

This is the setup I created for managing the vein intensity.  I utilize the HSV node to modulate the intensity of the map.  Saturation is set to zero and the Value channel mediates the map intensity.  The Invert node connecting the map to the roughness reduces the shininess of the overall texture when rendered.  An effect that I noticed after creating the Material Room shaders.

ThgkOlOvloCFq3Z8rUoS4WbKydl0GlT3LOL4ijR0.png

After fiddling with the settings, this is the image I rendered.

anS2RXAjYry86dhhlgHhtNOsYbbovySkr4toA807.png

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 7:12 PM · edited Wed, 18 October 2023 at 7:17 PM

Yeah that looks great hborre!  Good job!

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2023 at 7:14 PM
Online Now!
Rhia474 posted at 5:44 PM Wed, 18 October 2023 - #4476487

Forgive me for not giving screen shots to accompany this, but I currently don't have Poser installed (need a serious break). But since you are using Cycles then I suggest adding a material layer rather than using a script. 

Anyway, let's say you're doing the arm.

1) Select the arm material.

2) Add a new material layer.

3) In that new material layer, add a phyisical surface node.

4) Change the Color chip to a blue veiny color. 

5) Connect the Vascularity map to the Opacity channel so that the color only appears in the veins.

6) Set the roughness to .5 or higher (you don't want it too shiny). Connect the vascularity map to that input as well.

7) Connect the vascularity map to the bump or displacement and set the value to whatever works well.

I THINK that is all you need to do ... I'm going by memory here.

Anyway, follow that same procedure for the other body parts until you get all the vascularity maps created and looking the way you want.

Then save it to the library. You SHOULD be given the option to save ONLY the material layers to the library, which should then work on any other skin base made for that same character.

NOTE that material layers are SuperFly only. They don't work in FireFly.

Erm also if I follow your description with the blue chip, the entire body is blue. What am I doing wrong here?

I really feel like a complete idiot. From all that you guys listed, the only thing that actually, physically worked and looked good as the first one I copied in a response above

@ Rhia: if you encounter the blue body effect, you need to enter the Material Room and click on each body zone.  That refreshes the textures and they will displace correctly.  I also experienced that anomaly.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2023 at 1:35 AM · edited Thu, 19 October 2023 at 1:36 AM
Rhia474 posted at 5:44 PM Wed, 18 October 2023 - #4476487

From time to time, especially with old scene, I've even seen my character completely disappear H0tjhSjB8FMnS2RMOb4b9m52COFE4qADe8ODA6PZ.gif, a jump back and forth in the Mat room corrected this as well

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

JustBeCause ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2023 at 4:01 AM
hborre posted at 7:10 PM Wed, 18 October 2023 - #4476492

DeeceyArt posted at 4:59 PM Wed, 18 October 2023 - #4476483

This is the setup I created for managing the vein intensity.  I utilize the HSV node to modulate the intensity of the map.  Saturation is set to zero and the Value channel mediates the map intensity.  The Invert node connecting the map to the roughness reduces the shininess of the overall texture when rendered.  An effect that I noticed after creating the Material Room shaders.

ThgkOlOvloCFq3Z8rUoS4WbKydl0GlT3LOL4ijR0.png

After fiddling with the settings, this is the image I rendered.

anS2RXAjYry86dhhlgHhtNOsYbbovySkr4toA807.png

yes this looks very promising  

JustBeCause ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2023 at 9:52 AM

Ok found a way adding Vascularity with a pz2 or a Mc6 file in new layers to the dolls, this system has to be applied before using your dolls textures and will stay on them even if you decide loading an other texture the Vascularity Layer will remain stable. I will now try building the 3 styles for V4 and if you have the original Vascularity for V4 M4 it will be ready to go using it in P13 with a Pz2 Injection :) So hope I get these 3 styles right now.

JustBeCause ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2023 at 2:47 PM · edited Thu, 19 October 2023 at 2:49 PM

This is a Prototype to add Vascularity to V4 the Pz2 file will have to be applied first, before you load your skin setup. Once loaded all the Vascularity layers will remain, even if you load another skin texture to the V4 changing the previous one you have loaded. there are 3 Layer settings based on the settings proposed in here so thanks to DeeceyArt it was possible figuring out this type of setup as for the tip for the layers, Material settings are based on the Mat setups of DeeceyArthborre and me 

Removing the Vascularity layer, well this is not possible atm. if you want to load another Vascularity Layer then you have to reload V4. The Pz2 will automatically remove all skins of the loaded figure, it will be all white until you load your Pz2 texture setup for the doll skin style! As I mainly bothered figuring out how to gell the Vascularity onto the doll I did not take the time to finetune the nodes for strength or for coloring this is up to you changing these in the material regions selecting the Individual Vascularity layers .

In order to work correctly you must be in Possession of the original Old Vascularity pack but as far I have seen most of you got it as you are using the Texture maps, that are Needed and not included.

so again .... First you load the Vascularity prototype to your Loaded V4 and then you can use your V4 Pz2 skin setups on her rendering in Superfly will make the veins visible.

there is also the basic Old Mat Remove Glow Pz2 in the folder that can be used to remove the oily effect when rendering in superfly. just a basic little helper to be able using your older V4 skins in a fast way without having to rearange every material manually "Not Perfect But Does The Trick". 

Vascularity Loader Sample for P13 Download 

shvrdavid ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2023 at 3:04 PM

You can delete layers from the ui in the material room in P13, I would have to look if it is the same in older versions thou. 

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

JustBeCause ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2023 at 3:11 PM · edited Thu, 19 October 2023 at 3:14 PM

you can remove the Layers manually, but for the setup created on all materials of V4 sure the faster way to reload a new V4. The Layer Pz2 file is set to remove all other textures making a clean blank V4 to start up with. If you load it two times on the same model , well you will get a duplicate layer making a stronger effect on the Vascularity :) or mess it up ... trying to load two different ones might even bring out some surprising results ; did not try it my self .....

JustBeCause ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2023 at 5:40 PM · edited Thu, 19 October 2023 at 5:42 PM
JustBeCause posted at 2:47 PM Thu, 19 October 2023 - #4476525

This is a Prototype to add Vascularity to V4 the Pz2 file will have to be applied first, before you load your skin setup. Once loaded all the Vascularity layers will remain, even if you load another skin texture to the V4 changing the previous one you have loaded. there are 3 Layer settings based on the settings proposed in here so thanks to DeeceyArt it was possible figuring out this type of setup as for the tip for the layers, Material settings are based on the Mat setups of DeeceyArthborre and me 

Removing the Vascularity layer, well this is not possible atm. if you want to load another Vascularity Layer then you have to reload V4. The Pz2 will automatically remove all skins of the loaded figure, it will be all white until you load your Pz2 texture setup for the doll skin style! As I mainly bothered figuring out how to gell the Vascularity onto the doll I did not take the time to finetune the nodes for strength or for coloring this is up to you changing these in the material regions selecting the Individual Vascularity layers .

In order to work correctly you must be in Possession of the original Old Vascularity pack but as far I have seen most of you got it as you are using the Texture maps, that are Needed and not included.

so again .... First you load the Vascularity prototype to your Loaded V4 and then you can use your V4 Pz2 skin setups on her rendering in Superfly will make the veins visible.

there is also the basic Old Mat Remove Glow Pz2 in the folder that can be used to remove the oily effect when rendering in superfly. just a basic little helper to be able using your older V4 skins in a fast way without having to rearange every material manually "Not Perfect But Does The Trick". 

Vascularity Loader Sample for P13 Download 

Now that it got figured out how to make such setups in a Pz2 that loads full fix layers setups for Vascularity or other complex setups without a python, it might be worth making a final set, for me not today, but may be another day, it is allot of work making good Maps. It was really interesting figuring out the "impossible" I love challenges and thanking the few who were helping out figuring it out even if not aware of it :) If you read it all carefully you might now also know how such a file is done, that sure could be a timesaver for many other things. Even if the Interest seem to be rather small, "Oh well it still was worth the time spent".  

JustBeCause ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2023 at 3:49 PM · edited Fri, 20 October 2023 at 3:51 PM

Made material settings for the veins this way it is possible to share a full Vascularity setup for P13 " Ok the Basics " I did not use Substance painter or Blender to paint in 3D, Old fashion way in PS , was a little faster :) I made 12 setups or the 3 presented versions all with different strength and textures. To get good results you have to change the vein color to fit the skin shade you loaded on the V4 Doll " Just play a little around with the given Layers " . The Package contains the Texture maps so no need of the original Vascularity textures in order to work, this will also give the opportunity to use for those who do not have it . Might be something useful or just a Dust Catcher who knows. It is just a starter, so some of you might get to figure out a better way, or find time to share some Material maps made for the veins, expanding this feature a little .  "Creativity has no limits" 

Download  VascularityP13V4

0Lhv2EzFhFGHPLyRSWwTSx333emBuC6cCx6e5QIm.png

Guess I am done with it for good with veins .... Hope that the op will find some good use with this setup .... and others to.

This Place seems to be so lonely " Ghost Town "

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2023 at 7:19 PM
Online Now!

I wouldn't be so quick to abandon this thread yet.  I tried your PZ2 and have come across some problems with it's implementation.  With the 2nd layer vascular map loaded on the figure, you cannot apply a Mat Collection without losing the vascular map.  It remains if you apply the skin textures from a MATPose, so this implies that you cannot load textures using both MC6 and PZ2.  Also, the glossy skin remains a problem when loading the no-glow MATPose and it still attaches the Bump Node to the Gradient_Bump.  The glossy skin is not influenced by the base layer, it needs to be controlled by the second layer.  If you examine my Material Room screencap, I included an Invert Node to control the roughness and an HSV node to control the veinous intensity.   With the HSV node in place, there is no need to offer several maps of different intensities.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2023 at 7:26 PM · edited Fri, 20 October 2023 at 7:26 PM
Online Now!

By using an HSV node and animating the Value channel for all the vascular zones, I can control all the vascular intensities from the Parameters tab.

SBgef9kUw9ga7F3lEHqoz3EgCENk9wWk7zzfXFub.png

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2023 at 7:42 PM
Online Now!

At this point y'all are speaking Gothic to me, lol. Glad this gave you some fun.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 20 October 2023 at 7:56 PM · edited Fri, 20 October 2023 at 7:58 PM
Online Now!

It actually gave me better comprehension when working with the second layer in general.  In setting up a one-second layer master vascular collection or any type of recoloring like lips, eyes, nails, etc., you can use them across different skin textures and characters.  It is very convenient if you want to save disk space.

JustBeCause ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2023 at 4:01 AM · edited Sat, 21 October 2023 at 4:10 AM

Jup not perfect jet, to add a skin after the veins it requires to use a Mat-Pose , I actually did not even think of using a Material as the older V4 setups are in most cases Mat Pose it is rather new that this has changed, guess it is because all the older Py that were generating these Mat Poses are not working any longer in Poser 13 and there are no alternatives creating these any longer, like many other things that were in need of these Little py helpers.

Your Animation control panel looks very interesting  Woow ! I never used animation features on the materials, a entirely new learning curve for sure :) If it works like you say that for sure a breakthrough of no use for all these alternative mat Poses. Except of coloring but strength would sure already be a great option. Now got to look into these Animation options ant figure out how that works ......

just guessing .... can this mat animation also be saved into the mat file ?! this would change the whole aspect and be generated as Mat-Pose with interactive materials :)

JustBeCause ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2023 at 4:13 AM

things do not have to be perfect but lead you on the right track ... )

JustBeCause ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2023 at 8:52 AM · edited Sat, 21 October 2023 at 8:52 AM

Nevermind, just figured it out ! need to activate the little key next to the material setting to activate animations, the individual dials will show up in the main body of the loaded figure. Boa can even change colors with these dials! In theory it should be possible making a Mat-Pose with integrated dials changing the Vein colors like White to , Green, Blue, red ect. some dials changing the glow oily effects on older skins.

I tested to create a master dial turning the actual brown red color of the veins slowly from 0-1.0 to white and it works creating a morph injection for this would be the easy part. such a feature could be used globally for finetuning of materials in a loaded model Like Puppetmaster for Materials.

Basically have to check if there is the need in the script to activate the Animations or if it is possible like a custom morph creating these through a custom master dial. Like the one I just created that is changing the Vein coloring. getting to load the new crated dial into the Pz2 vascularity is sure a Brain Challenge, would sure be a great brake through for Poser Pose Injections :)) Not morphs but global material manipulation right on the main body of the loaded figure.

So this is what the "Interactive Master Mat morph dial" does the way I have set it up on the veins. Incredible how many possibilities just got open up with this feature!!!! 

jZ5RTLzPyQoITrJIHuilDGrDumyircMBNJZZjs8l.gif

JustBeCause ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2023 at 9:05 AM

Well so now figure out how to make a Mat-Pose with Interactive features for this, it sure will have to be a PZ2 file no way around Mt files will not be able to carry this type of Information!

JustBeCause ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2023 at 9:24 AM · edited Sat, 21 October 2023 at 9:25 AM

Time to get the Binary Morph app out of the drawer, has bee a while since last used :) or the old Poser Tools, see what will be the best solution creating such Pose Inj files. Wardrobe Wizard will probably also come in handy for this purpose at least for merging these morphs to a custom version .....

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2023 at 10:16 AM · edited Sat, 21 October 2023 at 10:17 AM

I think you are only confusing yourself by trying to shoehorn current library file formats and standards into poses created with legacy content creation utilities.

First of all, material files are NOT "MAT Poses." They are library-specific files that store material setting information. 

The other part of your problem is that you are using OLDER TOOLS to create binary morphs and injection/remove files. Bear in mind that some of these tools were created years ago, and as good as they were back then (and yes, I am indeed a Dimension 3D fan), they are not aware of newer file formats and parameters. In the case of Dimension 3D tools, I'm certain that they do a syntax check before saving the files, which explains why some settings are changed during saving.

In addition, the Pose category has become a catch all for all sorts of different files, and it's gotten so unruly to keep track of what is what. There are character poses (which the library category was originally created for). Then you have morph injection and remove poses. And then there are material poses. Looking at my V4 runtime, the Pose category goes on forever, and because of the naming it's like hunting for needles in a haystack to figure out which type of pose it is. 

Old habits die hard. I know. But you might be making things more difficult for yourself, and for users, by trying to do things "the old way."

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2023 at 10:24 AM

Poser 13 has a FIle > Export > Morph injection command. 

JustBeCause ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2023 at 11:10 AM · edited Sat, 21 October 2023 at 11:19 AM

DeeceyArt posted at 10:24 AM Sat, 21 October 2023 - #4476585

Poser 13 has a FIle > Export > Morph injection command. 

this is good to know :) well I like the Pz2 files as allot can be done manually in these that affect the behavior. It sure can be a big mess but since it does not matter where you save your files , actually you can save all the Pz Mt Cr files into the Character root of poser , by changing the path in a mat file or geometry just remove the path leaving the file name all can be dropped into the same folder, ok with Geometry and Textures not the best Idea in case of shared packs. but for the package it self  best thing is to drop it into one cathegory folder . For instance you get a outfit with mat Packages just place the mat morph packs into the same path where the outfit is . Poser will load them and you got it all together  at one place  not having a big mess or hundred of runtimes :)  not having to find the textures for the outfit in Materials or Poser all at one Place . Drag and drop stuff you want to load into the window also is a time saver no matter from what runtime it is . so for instance you have the Fortune teller outfit with all released texture and morph packages just build up a folder structure with all the files in one place and drop it into your Character Path , there you are got it all together when opening it up in the poser library ready to load :)

No more worries to find a texture pack for the outfit made by another creator as there all in the same folder structure with the outfit.

I have one runtime 6TB with over 10'000'000 files and believe me I find my way through this way, no more duplicates all sorted out like a Library.

JustBeCause ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2023 at 11:31 AM · edited Sat, 21 October 2023 at 11:35 AM

Making a duplicate or tripple or even grater folder structure in the poser runtime just because the extensions are different does not make sense if you can load any file extension in the Character Library, even see the Thumbnails if it is a Pz Mt PP extension, got a outfit with Props well got em all with the outfit at the same place. Saving files is a different thing in Poser but after saving just move these to the appropriate place so you are sure to find em again.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Sat, 21 October 2023 at 12:24 PM · edited Sat, 21 October 2023 at 12:26 PM

So what you are suggesting is that people reorganize 20+ years worth of content purchases to do things your way.

I'm out of this one folks. Hard to make suggestions to someone that doesn't listen.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.