Tue, Oct 22, 9:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Furious with DAZ!!!

Orio ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 9:32 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 9:24 PM

They have deleted my +$21 voucher that was remaining from the $30 voucher for renewal to PC club. So they are going to make me miss the sale that's ending in a few hours. And they're not going to be back back until Monday. Well this kind of errors MUST not happen!! If you have to make a money balance error with a customer, give him more money, never take away from him the money that he has - and that he was going to spend in YOUR store!!! I am M-A-D!!!!!!!!!!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 9:42 PM

Still running on Greenwich Mean Time, I see.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 9:45 PM

My bet is if you wait till Monday, they will restore your voucher amount and give you the sale price...because I've found Daz usually works very hard at their customer service (why do we keep getting Daz complaints here when they have a perfectly good forum of their own). Errors like that do happen because, well, humans makes mistakes and humans program computers. And even Daz staff deserves to take a weekend off because, despite rumors to the contrary, they are human. My bet...be a little patient, and you'll have what you need come Monday morning if you work with the Daz staff instead of going on the attack. Or you can flame on to no good purpose other than venting steam.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 9:46 PM

Who??? DAZ.

norm1153 ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 9:52 PM

Which sale are you all talking about? I may be confused. I got the email about the 50% off sale, which I believe doesn't end until November 11th. I am working up a list, based on that date.. I don't have that email with me where I am right now. Am I mistaken? Norm

Caly ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 9:52 PM

That's right, they were supposed to expire. Guess they expired a few hours early. I agree with Dialyn's post, just need to wait 'til Monday.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Cylithera ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 10:02 PM

Yep. This is happening with a lot of people.

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 10:06 PM

"So they are going to make me miss the sale that's ending in a few hours." WAHT sale ends in a few hours?

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 10:07 PM

Now you can own DAZ's Digital Clone for only $14.95 during the 50% off sale going on right now until November 1st, 2003. OOPS...I thought I had more time....

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 10:15 PM

I haven't used my voucher at all and I got it on the 13th and now it is gone and there's only a few hours on the sale..I'm PO'd too!!

OrcaDesignStudios ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 10:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/daz/newsletter10_29_03.html

According to the product descriptions on the sale items (I'm looking at Freak and the Anna Marie Goddard clone right now) the sale ends on November 10th. Ah, here's the deal. Go to the DAZ main page, click on the Headlines section. Here's the first line of the article: "We've opened up the 50% off sale to EVERYONE and we've EXTENDED the sale until November 10th!"

droyd ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 10:24 PM

I'm by no means a "Daz Groupie" but I would give them a chance to make good on your voucher's before you form a lynching party. I just renewed my plat club a few days ago and I immediately asked about when the $30 voucher expires. Someone from sales did respond today and extended mine since they probably didn't have time to get back to me and tell me the answer ( which apparently was that it ended today..), so it is possible they may help those out that lost their's. Just email sales, they haven't let me down yet.

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 10:30 PM

I'm PO'd not lynching anyone....because they made statements that the vouchers were good for 30 days from the time you got them and now they have deleted them? Now that doesn't make me happy.....

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 10:34 PM

I see Orca...thanks for the info!!!

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 10:42 PM

Looks like they re-set their accounting for the first of the month reguardless of renewal date. I only lost a dollar and change.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Suede ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 10:50 PM

Thanks for the heads up to go look! --- happened to us here too. I'm sure is just a result of human error and will pan out

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 11:33 PM

I believe the site is not run by Daz, if I remember correctly, (and I could be wrong), the site is run for them by another company. I would let them know on Monday and I'm sure they will get it straightened out for you. They have made it a point to take care of their customers. Marque

Turtle ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2003 at 11:51 PM

Mine was reset too and I renewed the 15th. But I noticed on my page all the free Freak stuff.

Love is Grandchildren.

sandoppe ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 12:20 AM

The sale has been extended. I used up my vouchers already so I didn't have that issue. I have other issues concerning membership and their lack of response to emails and now forum posts. Even phone calls aren't getting things fixed any more. There seem to be a lot of issues with the store.....a lot of goofy glitches that create worries for people unnecessarily. It may be that if they reset their accounting system, they plan to restore your voucher balances on Monday. I just wish they would do a little better job of responding to the customer and communicating with one another. You talk to one staff and they say it will be or has been fixed, but whoever is suppose to do the "fixing", either isn't getting the message or are ignoring it. The other thing that's troublesome is the lack of continuity. One day the sale is up on November 1....the next day it's changed to November 10, etc., etc. Sometimes you don't know if you're coming or going with these guys. I think they're trying to do too much and some things are suffering as a result. On the plus side....the PC club is still a good deal when you consider all the free and low priced stuff you get.

elizabyte ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 12:27 AM

If this has happened to a lot of people, you can bet DAZ will be working to fix it ASAP. Posting to their forum might not be such a bad idea. The forum moderators there can and will pass on stuff to the DAZ staff (including by calling DAZ and leaving voicemail if necessary). bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

kristinf ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 1:02 AM

Yep, happened to me too, lost my $30 :( Renewed on 21/10.

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end" - Margaret Thatcher 1989

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 1:08 AM

they havent responded there most of the day either...

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

sandoppe ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 1:39 AM

Just got another newsletter......coupon worth $10. You enter the coupon number at checkout and get $10 off your order until December 1 :) I purchased $24 worth of stuff about 30 minutes before I got this newsletter......but maybe there's something there that I didn't buy already that is under $10 that I could get for free........ Maybe I'll wait until November 30 and see if the sale gets extended to December 11 :)

FlyByNight ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 1:56 AM

Got that coupon too and bought the Warrior outfit for the Freak for .47! YAY! Was feeling a little left out with no PC membership but I'm feeling much better now. ;o) Thanks, DAZ!!!

FlyByNight

Shaaz786 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 2:32 AM

So what guys? I paid $250.00 for advanced payments ... & never saw it again. Can't be bothered with this kinda stuff, it just happens in reality. Life like that.

ablc ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 2:34 AM

Why not set the ending time in GMT ? I tought GMT was create to avoid this kind of problem. All decent computer are their clock set on GMT time. Just an idea Laurent

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 3:28 AM

NO....! GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)is where time was invented so... the first hour started there. It kinda took a while for the message to spread so that's why there is a difference in time lines the further away you are from Greenwich... which... naturally... is located in the centre of the Universe... UK...! YAY...! ;) ziggie

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 3:41 AM

Well I for one think we should reinstate the Paris meridian. That would make EUROPE the center of the universe once again. Before those mad englishmen took over ;o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 3:58 AM

Some clarity: 1. PC monthly $5 vouchers expire at months end if not used. 2. PC renewal $30 voucher does NOT expire. 3. 50% sale originally for 1 week to Oct 31st has been extended to Nov 11th due to popular demand. So if you have a $30 voucher (or the remainder of one) that disappeared, I guess it's a mistake and they'll fix it asap. I know these things because: 1. My Sept. $5 voucher 'disappeared' when I hadn't used it, then found out about this via DAZ Forum too late. 2. Someone asked this specific question in DAZ forum (PC section), got this reply from staff there. 3. I got an email about this the other day - and it was the best news. Still have a couple of items to buy with new vochers etc :o) Incidentally, GMT wouldn't be relevant, surely - thing MUST happen according to DAZ working hours and when they can keep track of stuff. Other comapnies I have business with on the net (not 3D companies) ALL keep their local time regardless of GMT. :] Fish

elizabyte ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 5:13 AM

"PC renewal $30 voucher does NOT expire." Well, when did THAT happen? Steve Kondris said very clearly that they DO expire. sigh I wish they'd make up their minds! bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Orio ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 5:15 AM

Hi, when was this newsletter of the extension of the sale period. I did not read it, so I don't know if I received it, but even if I did, I am not obliged to read each and every newsletter that DAZ sends out. I was communicated an expiration date and i thought this was it. I am not used to expiration dates and sales terms and offers that change continuously. Lately this has been the case. The fact that the sales expires later makes the incident less of a problem. Finally: I am not attacking anyone. But if I am deprived of my vouchers right by the time I needed them, I have the right to be angry. I pay, therefore I have this privilege. I have left to DAZ an impressive amount of money over the years. And about the customer service: I have been "ripped" by DAZ system of one day in my Platinum Club subscription, ilel that it will expire one day earlier than it should. I wrote DAZ to ask for a fix TWO WEEKS AGO and I STILL have to get a reply from them. What about that, Dialyn? I could have "attacked" them already (as Dialyn imprudently says) because of that, but I have been waiting patiently for them to fix my Platinum Club subscription. My patience did not help to get a reply from them, so let's see if voicing out loud works better. I agree that DAZ support has been good but lately it's not that good anymore.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 5:23 AM

Orio... Calm down. None of US here works at Daz. And it's WEEKEND where Daz is and always HAS BEEN closed. Sure you're not "obliged to read each and every newsletter", but then just don't come here screaming bloody murder when there's something you don't know, ok? And... quit attacking Dialyn, who only said the same as I am saying now: Be patient, as there's nothing you CAN do untill monday anyway. Stomping your feet won't make Daz open on a saturday anyway. Sure it's VERY annoying when errors happen, and yes it is annoying too when you don't get a reply. All I can say is that all my e-mails have always been answered. Not necessaritly the same day as they were sent, but within a few days - max 3. ONCE I didn't get a reply, so I figured it was lost and resent it, and voila: An answer came promptly. Since you have claimed to not read each and everything in you inbox, is it at least POSSIBLE that you may have mistaken the reply for a newsletter? Not saying it is the case, just asking :o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Orio ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 5:48 AM

Ernyoka, please clarify this: Dialyn says of me that I am "flaming on to no purpose other than venting steam"... and you think it's normal conversation tone. I say of Dialyn that he/she "spoke imprudently"... and this would be an "attack"??? Well let me say that your is an evident misjudgement. Where is "you speak imprudently" an attack? And how can you consider that he/she told me that I am "flaming" less attacking than my own sentence about him/her? Secondly: DAZ changed their sale/offer terms I think three times in the last days. They can't wonder if someone misses the track of it. Thirdly: you made a false statement that proves that your attack to me is flaming made in bad faith. I have NOT claimed that I "do not read each and everything in my inbox". This is false, and proves that it is YOU flaming and ATTACKING me deliberately. I have said that I do not read "each and every NEWSLETTER that DAZ sends". Please get back, and read attentively. There is a difference between the two dear Sir Ernyoka. I read ALL my personal emails as I get them. Newsletters are not normal emails, they contain commercial information and they are not directed to me personally. Therefore I may sometimes skip them and this can not used as an argument to attack me. And even the less as an argument to make false statements as you did. So please YOU stop attacking me with false statements, or I'll have to report the fact to the moderators team. Orio

Orio ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 5:52 AM

Ah Ernyoka one last thing. I am happy for you if you received reply to all your DAZ support inquiries. By the way, my previous inquiries have been answered, too (although not as fast as yours). Unfortunately, the fact that you got prompt answers did not help MY last reply to ever get to me.

Migal ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 6:01 AM

Sir Ernyoka? Did somebody get a life-size M3 conformer for halloween?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 6:09 AM

My account shows neither the remaining portion of my $30, nor this month's $5 voucher (which I would have thought would be added automatically on the 1st). Has anyone actually tried going to the checkout to make sure the vouchers are really gone and not just unlisted on the Account page?

Lyrra ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 6:40 AM

watches the debate

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 7:22 AM

"watches the debate" Actually, about the most fun a forum mod can have with their clothes on, right Lyrra, "the dressed"? (somebody SLAP me!)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 8:22 AM

OK, I made my own test and the vouchers aren't showing up at payment either. I suspect the whole system is off - does anyone have ANY vouchers showing at DAZ? Maybe someone miskeyed when they were setting up the newsletter $10 voucher?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 8:23 AM

SIR ernyoka? Oh so THAT's why I get all those enlarge your ... mails? Funny I've always believed myself to be a female. But whaddaya know. Oh and by all means report this to the mods. I think you'll be surprised of the outcome.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 8:25 AM

"Enlarge your ... nails"? You mean they do that for fingernails, too?! (LOL) (J/K around)

ziggie ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 8:31 AM

I fink implying ernyoka1 is a 'gender bender' is very offensive... cos it made me laff so much I peed my pants :(

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

Doona ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 9:59 AM

To RHAseltine: The $10 thing is not a voucher. It's a coupon, and there is a coupon code in the newsletter that you need to enter at checkout. You can use it on any product, brokered or daz original. I haven't used mine yet, but that's what it says in the newsletter. The way things have been going, I think I will use mine right away, so it does not disappear.

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 10:15 AM

Oh, good grief, I wasn't talking about anyone in particular...I meant people in general have a tendency to get angry over the weekend when we all know that Daz isn't open for the weekend. I get pretty tired of these fast and furious vents that turn out to be much ado about nothing. On Monday the Daz staff will, I'm sure, be glad to help you out. What is so critical to you that you can't wait two days? Attack me all you like (impudent is hardly the wrost thing I've ever been called) but that fact is that anyone can rage around, scream at Daz, stomp their feet and none of it does any more good than a little patience and a little understanding. If you are having a Daz crisis, I suggest you turn off your computer, walk outside, and see that there is indeed life beyond your screen. Is patience that a difficult concept? Have you completely forgotten the times you've made a mistake, been late with a project, inadvertently caused a problem for someone else because you failed to do something exactly when you promised to do it? Oh, I see. You're perfect. Forgive me for not noticing the halo. And you're very fortunate to be perfect. And a perfect person should also perfect understanding that mistakes can happen and give the Daz people a chance to clear this up...on Monday, when they are actually around to do something about it. I am glad I'm not in customer service. People in that line of work don't get paid enough, from my point of view. Now I'm shutting off my computer and going out to enjoy the rain, and say a thank you to Mother Nature for helping out the fire fighters who have been struggling to save people's homes. Do what you want. You can decide how you behave and how people observe your behavior as a model for action. Do you think patience is a bad thing? So be it. Don't get behind me in the grocery line. I have a long memory.

sandoppe ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 10:37 AM

Ernyoka1, dialyn and all......I'm very much in the same position Orio is with this. I've been trying to get DAZ to correct the membership error in my account since October 8. My membership was started on November 30, 2002. I renewed on October 8, 2003. They set my new expiration date as November 8, 2004, but it should be November 30, 2004. I've sent 4 emails, 3 to sales.....I got a response from Kristen asking if it had been resolved yet. I responded no and never heard another thing. I called them on the phone and talked to a staff. I was told it would be fixed.....it hasn't been. I responded to Steve Kondris' post at the DAZ forum where he says the problem was fixed.....I posted that it had not been fixed, but the only people who respond are others with similar problems. I now have two membership renew buttons in my account. One shows an expiration date of November 8, 2004. This represents my recent renewal....an annual renewal....via credit card through PayPal. The other shows an expiration date of November 30, 2003 and is flagged for expiration because I don't have a credit card tied to the monthly membership! I never had a monthly membership. Now I assume that the November 20, 2003 renewal date will simply disappear on November 30, but who knows! Given the "glitchy" nature of the store, it could wipe out my account when it does. I wrote and posted to point it out and expressed my frustration with the lack of response to correspondence, slowness, lack of consistent communication, etc. No response to posts or to emails. I suppose I could call again, but the point is, why should I have to? DAZ needs to sit everyone down, get everyone on the same page, and come up with some consistent policies and time-lines for fixing things and managing their sales. DAZ is starting to remind me of State government. I have to deal with that all day and don't want to spend my evenings trying to figure out how to unravel DAZ's red tape. I don't think that either I or Orio have been particularly rude or "attacking" in our comments. In fact, I've tried very hard to point out the "pluses" with DAZ, in my earlier post in this thread and at a number of other "very angry" posts about similar problems others were having. I simply want an on-going problem that has not gotten response via private correspondence and calls, resolved. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 11:25 AM

Agreed...DAZ needs to sit down and get their act together,. Their store and customer service is turning into a circus. I think they're trying too hard to please everyone, garner new businsess with all the sales...but its like they change everything with every wind directuion...and what they don't realize is that they're in a tornado swirling into oblivion.... They need to get back to consistency. Quit promising things they can't or don't deleiver...stick to their plan. The Platinum CLub membership offerings changed about 10 times in 2 or 3 months. The web site and store have been in a shambles off and on for months. The voucher system is a joke. They promic PC members certain benefits, then don'rt give them..(referring to the current sale where ther originally gave the PC membership 30% off, then the pc 30% discount... and have now given everyone a 50% discount...but will not give the 30% pc discount even though it states explicity in their membership rules tat members get additional 30% off no matter what the sale price.....and also the fact the salew was an enticement to get membership renewals, etc..and noew everyone gets it anyway.... They are shooting themselves in the foot...they need to get back to basics....

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 11:27 AM

I guess it was hard to tell everyone was being civilized when the subject heading is "Furious with Daz!!!" I'm sorry you've had problems. I understand how frustrating that is. I also know nothing can be done on weekends in this case. And that posting here may relieve some built up pressure but it's not going to solve the problem today. And I am often the customer no one wants to have...I traditionally have everything go wrong with my accounts and purchases that can go wrong. Take for example my water bill (please) where I am currently go round and round with the water department because someone from the water department asphalted over my water meter and I have not had my water meter actually read for 6 months and now I'm looking at a super-sized bill because it is now uncovered (thanks to my plumber). Mad? You bet. Did I scream and yell? You bet. We all have something go wrong in our lives and it is that one more thing that triggers us to anger. So I know that every time I've lost my temper and started screaming, it didn't do any good at all except make everyone around me wish I'd go take a jump in a cold lake and calm down. In this case, it just seems like the waste of a perfectly good weekend to be angry for two days about something that, in the big scheme of things, is probably relatively minor (which is anything, in my mind, that isn't a threat to life) and fixable (with persistence). I wish you well, I really do. I never said you didn't have just cause to be frustrated. But there is a big difference between being frustrated and "furious" (not my subject heading...someone else). But I have to go feed my dogs. Bye all. I'm gone for a few hours. And it's a good thing. :)

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 11:37 AM

weekends are made for Michelob... and using our newly purchased Poser items...which of course can't be bought by many because the vouchers are gone.

xoconostle ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 11:59 AM

"DAZ needs to sit everyone down, get everyone on the same page, and come up with some consistent policies and time-lines for fixing things and managing their sales." For what it may be worth to this discussion, a DAZ sales rep said almost exactly they same thing to me last week. I had sort of put her on the spot about some inconsitencies, and she agreed with me and said that they were going to be dealing with this stuff internally. I know that doesn't resolve any current frustrations, but I was impressed with this person's forthrightness and sincerity. She didn't respond with "business-babble," she said "you're right, we need to work on that." It's my strong impression that we customers can trust them to set glitches right. Orio, try giving them a call at the toll-free number on Monday, they'll probably be able to help out quickly. Sorry this happened to you! Good luck.

nakamuram ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 1:23 PM

I should have $13 in vouchers. I checked yesterday and saw that I only had $3.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2003 at 1:35 PM

Doona: yes, it's a code, but I would assume that setting up a code that can be used once by every customer probably requires a bit of tinkering in sensitive areas. It could be some other bug in the system or plain human error - the main point was that it probably is error rather than malice and we can have reasonable expectations that it will be set right early next week.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.