Thu, Sep 19, 3:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Poser 2010 problems on Mac Lion install

muromedia ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2011 at 6:18 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:28 PM

file_470967.jpg

Hi,

Trying to figure why this is happening on my new install of Lion on my Mac. All the little figures on the library panel, show the missing icon image.

If anyone has seem something similar b4 please advise.

Nick

saibabameuk ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2011 at 6:47 AM

This is the sort of thing that makes me shy of new software, have you contacted the Mac help line?

You could try your local geniuse bar.

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2011 at 6:55 AM

Given that Lion is very new, I'd suggest you contact SM technical support.

stewer ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2011 at 6:58 AM

File a bug with Apple. Since you have access to the developer prerelease, you should also have access to their bugreport site.

muromedia ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2011 at 7:27 AM

I will be contacting SM on Monday, but the turnaround time could be weeks. 

thanks

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2011 at 8:38 AM · edited Sun, 17 July 2011 at 8:39 AM

file_470969.png

muromedia - SM already contacted you.

Stewer is Stephan Werner, employed by SM, the engineer who develops major parts of Poser, especially the renderer FireFly.

And I wrote the library GUI.

With Poser running, click on this link from within Safari or whatever browser you're using:

http://127.0.0.1:11530/assets/addLibraryButton.png

This is one of the buttons you have missing. If it is working, you get the attached image in your browser. Do you?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

stewer ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2011 at 12:45 PM

There is no point in contacting Tech Support until there is a public release of OS X Lion. Right now there are only developer prereleases of Mac OS X Lion, for which neither Apple nor Smith Micro provides customer support. In fact, providing tech support for any beta software from Apple would be a violation of the non-disclosure agreement that one has to agree to in order to get access to Apple's prerelease software.

Since you seem to have access to OS X Lion, I would guess you like everyone else have a non-disclosure agreement with Apple prohibiting you from talking about OS X Lion to anyone.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2011 at 2:41 PM

The Lion dev release went gold in the last week or two.  There are some earlier releases avail., but do not download nor use any of them, including warez versions alleging to be the final version.

muromedia ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2011 at 7:07 PM

I'm sure we have an NDA we signed at the office, but I doubt it means anything this late in the game with Lion being released with the next 14 days. Can't test anything, left for vacation this morning. The last thing I was able to pinpoint was that adobe air was not communicating with poser. I could drag items to Poser, but could not click the library to change a pose for example. Tried rolling back adobe Air, but no success. Not really import for me, as i'm still with snow leopard for my main machine. But smith micro should look into it. Daz will have some a full plate on it's hands with Lion's real ease, seeing that a lot of the old installers will not work in Lion, because Apple dropped support of Rosetta. Thanks for everyone's help, Will check things out on my return from vacation,

saibabameuk ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2011 at 4:45 AM

Thanks for everyone's help, Will check things out on my return from vacation,

Yep it is the same old problem with new software, I Move in the old days had wonderful effects, it no longer has those.

I think I will wait a long time before using the new Lion, perhaps it's only a Cub.

Have a great holiday.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2011 at 6:53 AM

WEll i am surprised it opened at all in poser.  looking good.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

jerr3d ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2011 at 9:21 AM

I imagine the Lion delay was for a reason...

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2011 at 5:00 PM

Quote - I'm sure we have an NDA we signed at the office, but I doubt it means anything this late in the game with Lion being released with the next 14 days. Can't test anything, left for vacation this morning. The last thing I was able to pinpoint was that adobe air was not communicating with poser. I could drag items to Poser, but could not click the library to change a pose for example. Tried rolling back adobe Air, but no success. Not really import for me, as i'm still with snow leopard for my main machine. But smith micro should look into it. Daz will have some a full plate on it's hands with Lion's real ease, seeing that a lot of the old installers will not work in Lion, because Apple dropped support of Rosetta. Thanks for everyone's help, Will check things out on my return from vacation,

It won't be a problem for DAZ, because they have absolutely no intention of addressing the problem.  I have done this dance with them since 2005.  They will continue to sell the products with a VISE installer & offer to give you your money back when it doesn't install, just like they do with the products with an OS9 installer (That they STILL sell.)

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 6:25 AM

I guess they sell so little of older stuff it is not worth their while to update the installers, but I think they should.

On the plus side, you can download the PC installer and either take it to a friend to unpack it or just use crossover (probably wine bottler and wine would open them too - I'm sure those things will get updated in lion). I know it seems a roundabout way to do it but it actually works.

Crossover does not involve installing windows or getting viruses, it just fools the installer into thinking windows is on your mac.  It costs money but winebottler and wine are free and will often work (I got the D3D morphing clothes script to work using the free utilities just mentioned, in fact I created a little mor cloth standalone application using these tools)

Love esther

ssgbryan ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 1:02 PM

Quote - I guess they sell so little of older stuff it is not worth their while to update the installers, but I think they should.

On the plus side, you can download the PC installer and either take it to a friend to unpack it or just use crossover (probably wine bottler and wine would open them too - I'm sure those things will get updated in lion). I know it seems a roundabout way to do it but it actually works.

Crossover does not involve installing windows or getting viruses, it just fools the installer into thinking windows is on your mac.  It costs money but winebottler and wine are free and will often work (I got the D3D morphing clothes script to work using the free utilities just mentioned, in fact I created a little mor cloth standalone application using these tools)

Love esther

I had already gone with the wine bottler via your suggestion.  What I have done long term is to add 1 last step to my install workflow.  All DAZ products get zipped after I create the png files.  They are all safely backed up & if I have a HD meltdown, it is easier to recover.

Basis3D ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 3:45 PM

Darn! I was hoping to install Lion in a few days but now it looks like I'll be sticking with Snow Leopard.

ssgbryan, I have had really good response from Jared Nielson of DAZ Tech Support regarding products that came in OS9 installers. Jared emailed converted files which I then installed manually.

Since then though I've figured out that it's easy just to download the PC version, switch to Windows on my hybrid Mac, run the installer and then transfer the files back over to the Mac and manually install them.

Poser 2010 • Poser 8 • MacPro Desktop • Quad-Core Intel Xeon • 10 GB • Snow Leopard • Windows XP 

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 8:35 PM

well lion is out now.  Any luck with poser and lion?

Love esther

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 9:13 PM

Quote - Darn! I was hoping to install Lion in a few days but now it looks like I'll be sticking with Snow Leopard.

ssgbryan, I have had really good response from Jared Nielson of DAZ Tech Support regarding products that came in OS9 installers. Jared emailed converted files which I then installed manually.

Since then though I've figured out that it's easy just to download the PC version, switch to Windows on my hybrid Mac, run the installer and then transfer the files back over to the Mac and manually install them.

The issue is you won't know whether or not the installer will work until after you have purchased it.  I shouldn't have to contact ANYBODY.  It isn't like they didn't know about the problem, they just didn't want to address it.  Yet one more example of bad DAZ business practices.

nemesis10 ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2011 at 11:41 PM

Okay, I did the Lion installation this morning and open Poser as my first program...  It was painfully slow at first.  It was enough that I fretted about restoring my backup and doing the upgrade later.  When i returned, I tried again and it was more than fine.  The library menu clearly has a minor issue or two but I can live with it.  I should confess that I use an aditional third party library tool along with Poser 8's library.  Carrara Pro was stunning.... Bryce was troublesome and wouldn't quit properly but nothing I can't live with.  Groboto was fine and I was too scared to try Hexagon.  The upshot is that I am sticking with Lion.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 12:15 AM

I am sticking with 10.5.9 until PoserPro2012 comes out-for these same reasons. Thanks for the warning- I'd best buy Snow Kitty soon!

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 9:52 AM

The Icon Issue with the Library is due to the new OS. The Mouse Over still works, so if you forgot the order of the Icons, you can still figure it out...

The bigger issue is Activation. Changes in permissions with the new OS require some special steps to Activate.

1. BEFORE launching your freshly-installed copy of Poser (Debut, Poser 8 or Pro 2010), browse into the root Library/Application Support folder and create a folder for your copy of Poser- 'Poser', 'Poser Pro', or 'Poser Debut'. You'll need to provide an admin password to do this.

2. Launch and serialize Poser normally- you won't be able to see the category icons in the library pane but the mouseover category names should work.

1a. If you have launched Poser and entered a serial number and are now seeing Poser crash on launch, the first thing to do is to open System Preferences, go to the General pane and turn off the 'launch to previous state' option.

2a. Now go create the 'Poser', 'Poser Pro' or 'Poser Debut' folder as described in (1) above

3a. Launch and serialize Poser

4a. Now if you like you can reactivate Lion's 'launch to previous state' option. 

Anyone that encounters other issues, please contact Support with the details. Put Attn: John, Lion OS Issue in the Subject.

ratscloset
aka John

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 5:31 AM

"Okay, I did the Lion installation this morning and open Poser as my first program...  It was painfully slow at first.  It was enough that I fretted about restoring my backup and doing the upgrade later.  When i returned, I tried again and it was more than fine.  The library menu clearly has a minor issue or two but I can live with it. "

probably everything would have been slow initially.  It was probably due to spotlight indexing in the background.

I don't think we would need to reinstall poser, the OS should just install over the top of our old OS.

Love esther

nemesis10 ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 10:51 AM

So Far, my list of of problem items include: that library problem, wonky camera controls, and I seem to have lost the ability have Carrara import my saved Poser stuff..

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 12:35 PM · edited Fri, 22 July 2011 at 12:38 PM

Contact Support with steps to duplicate the Camera Issue. Had another user report the issue, but after checking for updates for his input device (changed device because there were no Lion Drivers available) the Camera Issue was no longer present.

Make the Subject Attn: John.. Lion Camera Issue..

For the Carrara Issue, is that something wrong with the saved files, Carrara, or Lion itself..

ratscloset
aka John

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 3:05 PM

Quote - It won't be a problem for DAZ, because they have absolutely no intention of addressing the problem.  I have done this dance with them since 2005.  They will continue to sell the products with a VISE installer & offer to give you your money back when it doesn't install, just like they do with the products with an OS9 installer (That they STILL sell.)

I still have my old Mac with OS 8.6, so I open the Vise installer on that, run the installer to Poser 4, and then move the files I want across to my G5. I think they should update their VISE stuff, there must be an awful lot of people who don't have access to an older Mac with its pre-OSX system

pokeitwithastick ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 10:27 AM

Quote - 1. BEFORE launching your freshly-installed copy of Poser (Debut, Poser 8 or Pro 2010), browse into the root Library/Application Support folder and create a folder for your copy of Poser- 'Poser', 'Poser Pro', or 'Poser Debut'. You'll need to provide an admin password to do this. 2. Launch and serialize Poser normally- you won't be able to see the category icons in the library pane but the mouseover category names should work.

This worked like a charm in a new (downloaded) install of Poser 8 under OSX lion on my MacBook Pro. Thank you, John! -)

Now let the learning curve Begin!

~~ Terry

Basis3D ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 11:15 PM

Has anybody tested Poser 8 or 2010 under Lion and found that any of the third party scripts no longer work or have some kind of problems in Lion?

I'm particularly interested in finding out if RDNA's Shaderworks scripts still work in Lion. A couple of them are essential to my workflow and I'll have to stick with Snow Leopard if they no longer function correctly in Lion.

Thanks in advance,
dkal 

Poser 2010 • Poser 8 • MacPro Desktop • Quad-Core Intel Xeon • 10 GB • Snow Leopard • Windows XP 

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 12:27 AM

I feel the same way dkal because I make my comics with shaderworks!  (I'm still on SL)

Love esther

Basis3D ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 11:27 AM

bagginsbill...

After reading your post (above) about the missing icons I'm wondering if you know whether a fix will be coming soon for Poser in Lion.

Thanks,
dkal 

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 11:53 AM

Nobody answered my question, and there is no bug report about this in SM's bug tracker.

So - officially and unofficially I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what there is to do regarding fixing it. I mean, I see this thread, but you know everything I know. How do I fix it?

I am not going to install Lion on my Mac. I cannot afford to have any of my development tools mysteriously stop working. I will wait a year.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 12:22 PM

Quote - With Poser running, click on this link from within Safari or whatever browser you're using:

This is one of the buttons you have missing. If it is working, you get the attached image in your browser. Do you?

I repeat my question. When you click the URL for one of the missing images, do you get the image? What happens? Depending on the answer, I will ask different questions and follow different possibilities.

If nobody does this first test, there will be no resolution from me.

Basis3D ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 2:16 PM

Understood.

I was referring to the missing button icon issue reported by muromedia in the first post of this thread. That was with a pre-release version of Lion way back in March. Not sure if it got fixed in the release version though. Even if it didn't get fixed it's not a major issue, just an annoyance. That, in itself, wouldn't stop me from upgrading to Lion.

On another note, Basil from Shaderworks sent me an email saying that third party scripts should have no trouble working in Lion from what he understands.

Thank you,
dkal 

steepleton ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2011 at 3:29 PM

Quote - > Quote - With Poser running, click on this link from within Safari or whatever browser you're using:

I repeat my question. When you click the URL for one of the missing images, do you get the image? What happens? Depending on the answer, I will ask different questions and follow different possibilities.

if i click on that url i get the image of the folder icon (running lion and have the library glitch)

PaulZolo ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 10:36 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - With Poser running, click on this link from within Safari or whatever browser you're using:

if i click on that url i get the image of the folder icon (running lion and have the library glitch)

Same here.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 11:03 AM

OK. So we know that the URL of the images works, and a browser can retrieve them from Poser's application server.

Now it appears that the library GUI is not being allowed to read them. I suspect that this is a Flash "trusted application" problem.

Flash applications that are in the local sandbox are not allowed to go to any network address, even a local one, unless they are identified as trusted. I don't know why. This is a really stupid rule. I'm wondering if a change in the OS has caused the mechanism of trusted app identification to be different than it used to be, or to fail to work.

I was Googling to see if anything had been written about Flash trusted applications being somehow different or broken in Lion but I didn't find anything. What I did find is that application preferences are now a bit more hidden or protected than they used to be. I don't really know enough to say anything smart about this.

Anybody else got anything to add on this particular topic?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 11:10 AM · edited Mon, 25 July 2011 at 11:12 AM

Attached Link: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

The Poser installer normally handles registering its library GUI as a trusted Flash app. However, the mechanism used may be changed or not applicable under Lion.

Perhaps doing the work yourself, via the linked dialog box (yes your Flash security settings are configured by a dialog served from Adobe), may do the trick.

The folder you want to mark for trust is usually:

Macintosh HD / Applications / Poser xyz (your version here) / Runtime / ui / Flex / LSMGUI / bin-release

You'll know you're in the right place if in there you see LSMGUI.html and LSMGUI.swf.

Another thing you might try is to launch Poser, and then actually run that LSMGUI.html file in your browser. It might work.

hairydalek ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 12:20 PM

HI,

trued giving trust to that folder in the Flash dialog. No luck. Also tried these in the Terminal:

codesign -f -s - /path/to/bin-release/swf files

and

codesign -f -s - /path/to/Poser Library App

thinkng that would help, but, again, no luck. Opening the HTML file in Safari fails to display the icons either.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 6:50 AM

codesign signs the file, right? I'm not talking about signing, although that might matter as well.

I'm talking about the self-imposed sandbox model that Flash applies to any app it runs. It has to be a "local trusted" application. It cannot be "remote", "local with file system", or "local with network". It has to be local trusted.

Part of the problem here is that Adobe is adding to confusion in their documentation. They talk about giving an app permission to use the Internet. But the restriction is larger than that, and the permission we need is much smaller. We do not need permission to talk to the Internet. We need permission to talk to a local web service via the loopback address.

What I suggested was to use the dialog at the link, above, to go to the Flash player settings and change them. If you don't understand that, or don't understand why we're doing that, then please read this.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/093/4c093f20.html

Then use the dialog at the link and tell me what you did and what happened.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 6:55 AM

Poser uses and installs a Flash player trusted configuration file. It worked before Lion. Perhaps it is still working. Perhaps not. 

• FlashPlayerTrust configuration files: These are simple text files that list trusted paths. They are intended to be created by executable installer programs. When an installer installs SWFs onto a user's computer, it can install trust configuration files to designate the SWFs as trusted. While this practice does not represent an explicit user decision about each SWF being trusted, the user has implicitly given their trust to the installer program by running it—it is, after all, an executable program. Flash Player recognizes trust configuration files in two locations: one that affects all users of the computer and one that affects only the current user. The all-users location has been chosen to require administrative privileges at the OS level. The locations are as follows: - Windows all users:MacromedFlashFlashPlayerTrust

(e.g. c:WINNTsystem32MacromedFlashFlashPlayerTrust)

• Windows single user:MacromediaFlash Player#SecurityFlashPlayerTrust

(e.g. c:Documents and SettingsfredApplication DataMacromediaFlash Player#SecurityFlashPlayerTrust)

• Mac OS all users:/Macromedia/FlashPlayerTrust

(e.g. /Library/Application Support/Macromedia/FlashPlayerTrust)

• Mac OS single user:/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Security/FlashPlayerTrust

(e.g. /Users/fred/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Security/FlashPlayerTrust)

These locations are directories, not individual files. Any number of configuration files may be installed in each of these directories; Flash Player will read all files it finds in them. Configuration files may not be placed in subdirectories of FlashPlayerTrust; they must be placed directly in the FlashPlayerTrust directories. The individual configuration files may be given any name but, to avoid naming conflicts, installers should name their configuration files in some way that is specific to their product. The FlashPlayerTrust directories will not necessarily exist on any given system, so installers may need to create them.

The syntax of these files is simple: They contain any number of local paths, one per line. Whitespace and blank lines are allowed. Comments can be included with the # character; these comments go to the end of a line. Quotes are unnecessary (and will cause problems) for paths that contain spaces.

These files contain filesystem paths, which on some users' computers may include non-ASCII characters, so the text encoding used in FlashPlayerTrust files is significant. Flash Player will look for Unicode byte-order mark characters at the beginnings of these files, and will recognize UTF-8 and UTF-16 byte order marks, treating the rest of the file as UTF-8 or UTF-16 accordingly. (Windows Notepad and Mac TextEdit, for example, can write Unicode text files containing these byte-order mark characters; many other text editors can as well.) If Flash Player does not find a byte-order mark character at the beginning of a FlashPlayerTrust file, it will interpret the file using the current "codepage" (default local encoding) of the computer.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 7:04 AM · edited Tue, 26 July 2011 at 7:04 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Oh man I'm ticked off with my Mac.

I was going into the trusted config area to check how these files look. The file is called PoserPro2010Trust.cfg. I renamed it so it would open in a text editor; PoserPro2010Trust.cfg.txt. Now it will not let me rename it back to what it was. It says I don't have permission.

So I copied it to another folder. I rename it to remove the .txt. Then I try to copy it back and it says it is already there. No it isn't - they have different names. But the stupid computer for babies claims that these two files are both txt files and will not let me put either one back to what it was before I made the first change.

I hate Mac OS - take this baby shit and shove it.

hairydalek ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 7:13 AM

Quote - Oh man I'm ticked off with my Mac.

I was going into the trusted config area to check how these files look. The file is called PoserPro2010Trust.cfg. I renamed it so it would open in a text editor; PoserPro2010Trust.cfg.txt. Now it will not let me rename it back to what it was. It says I don't have permission.

So I copied it to another folder. I rename it to remove the .txt. Then I try to copy it back and it says it is already there. No it isn't - they have different names. But the stupid computer for babies claims that these two files are both txt files and will not let me put either one back to what it was before I made the first change.

I hate Mac OS - take this baby shit and shove it.

You will really like Lion then. Apple decided that it’s best if you can’t see your library file. Imagine the shock when I couldn’t see it in my user folder.

Anyway, your post about the trusted files stuff is interesting - I’m going to dig into my Snow Leopard backup (alway,s do this peopl - take a back up before upgrading the OS) and see if there are any differences.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 7:22 AM

Well thank goodness there is still a real man's UI - terminal. I was able to fix the file name.

pokeitwithastick ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 7:59 AM

Quote - You will really like Lion then. Apple decided that it’s best if you can’t see your library file. Imagine the shock when I couldn’t see it in my user folder.

This is a bit OT, but there’s a quick workaround for restoring the visibility (and utility) of the user Library in Lion.
Turn on View Path Bar in Finder, then navigate to the user Library using Go | Go to folder | ~/Library.
Once opened drag the Library icon from the path Bar into the Favorites section of the sidebar. Now it’s handy again. :-)

pokeitwithastick ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 8:05 AM

You can also Alt-click the Go menu and it will appear in the drop-down menu. HTH

hairydalek ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 8:07 AM

Quote - Well thank goodness there is still a real man's UI - terminal. I was able to fix the file name.

Odd that you are getting this problem. I can go into just about any file with BBEdit (or its free sibling TextWrangler) and edit them, even files without .txt extensioms. The File>Get Info window in Finder will let you set permissions for the file if you want to edit it.

Anyway, looking at my SnowLeopard backup, the .cfg files you mentioned are the same, so the Lion install hasn’t messed with those Flash settings.

I have tried installing Flash 10.3, which gives you a system prefereces control panel for editing settings (instead of going to the Macromedia domain), and explicitly gave it the .swf file as well as the bin-release folder. I noted an Acrobat trust file does this explicitly, so I thought that if Adobe does this, then surely it’s some kind of example to follow (yeah, I know).

I added these lines to the .cfg file for good measure:

/Applications/Poser Pro 2010/Downloads/Runtime/ui/Flex/LSMGUI/bin-release/LSMGUI.swf

/Applications/Poser Pro 2010/Downloads/Runtime/ui/Flex/LSMGUI/bin-release/LSMGUI.html

Still no change though.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 8:16 AM

Thanks HD. So that's not it. 

At the moment I can't think of what else to look at. Nothing I'm familiar with fits the facts:

• We can load and see one of the icons directly in a Browser. It's not firewalled, the Poser server has the right port open, and we can grab the icon data.

• We can NOT load and see the same icon (or any other) from within the Flash app hosted in the same browser or a Poser embedded browser.

• The same worked fine before the OS change.

I tentatively would guess that Apple explicitly did something to reject a network request from a Flash application. But that seems absurd.

hairydalek ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 8:48 AM

Just out of interest - where is the physical location of this file on my hard drive?

It may be Apple blocking something in Flash, and I’m wondering if the permissions for that location are wrong or could be adjusted to be readable in some fashion.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 9:08 AM

It doesn't exist as a file. It is read by Poser from a PSD file containing hundreds of icons, parsed out as a layer, and delivered to the GUI as if it was a file on its own.

pauljtaylor ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 4:31 PM

Okay, attempt at the icon fix.  

I tried opening just http://127.0.0.1 in Safari, and that didn't work.  Looks like Lion switched off Web Sharing.  Flipped it back on, and http://127.0.0.1 says "It works!" No place like home!

Entered http://127.0.0.1:11530/assets/addLibraryButton.png into Safari.  No love.  "Safari can't connect to the server.  Safari can't open the page "http://127.0.0.1:11530/assets/addLibraryButton.png" because Safari can't connect to the server "127.0.0.1".

I tried just http://127.0.0.1:11530, and I get the same error message.  http://127.0.0.1:80 works.  http://127.0.0.1/~paul (which is my user name) works... I get the "Your website" page from my Home "Sites" folder.

Checked the Firewall in the "Security & Privacy" settings.  It is off.

Tried Firefox and Google Chrome.  Can't connect that way, either.

Tried using my internal IP number instead of 127.0.0.1.  Same results as above: was able to connect to port 80, not to 11530.  Tried using the word localhost, same results as above.

I can see the PNG icons in Poser's Runtime/ui/Flex/ContentLibrary/assets folder, and the ui folder is fully populated with PSD's and XML's.

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 5:18 PM · edited Tue, 26 July 2011 at 5:19 PM

to make all files and folders in the library visable all the time, from terminal try:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Other variants are described in
  http://gothick.org.uk/2011/07/19/revealing-lions-hidden-library-folder/

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 5:21 PM

There's a Flex ContentLibrary assets folder?!? I didn't realize they had exploded out the files. So maybe they are really there after all.

When you tried the 11530 port, you did have Poser running, right?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.