Fri, Sep 20, 4:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: POSER 6, WHEN IS IT COMMING - P6 WHISH LIST

kim258 ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 7:57 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:46 PM

P5 HAS SO MENNY USEFUL TOOLS IT`S BECOME MY FAVORITE 3D SOFTWARE, HAS ANY ONE HERD ANYTHIG ABOUT V.6. ONE THING I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IS A "SKY TAB" NEXT TO THE SET UP TAB, AND IT BE SIMILER TO BRYCE. WELCOME TO MY DREAM WORLD : )

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 8:11 PM
Site Admin

My wishlist is as follows: 1. Fix P5 2. See #1

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

kim258 ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 8:18 PM

MARTIAN MANHUNTER, WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "SEE #1".

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 8:25 PM
Site Admin

1 on my list . IOW, Fix Poser 5

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 8:31 PM

Stuff P6, I can't wait for DAZ Studio.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 8:34 PM

Ditto MM. Burn me once...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 8:38 PM

According to Marc Keohane, president of Curious Labs, Poser 6 will mostly be a refinement of Poser 5; i.e., few new features (except perhaps hardware acceleration), just making the existing features work better. Performance enhancements, more efficient use of memory, interface tweaks, etc.

http://www.renderosity.com/hostedforums.ez?hostedforum_id=90

ryamka ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 8:40 PM

Definitely fix P5, and call it P5.5 if you ahve to. Don't hit up the next number. Many good features, very quetionable and shaky implementation. Additionally... Wow, I am surprised it took only just a little over thirty minutes for someone to spew crap in this thread about Daz Studio, a product THAT IS NOT out, that HAS NOT BEEN TESTED, that may not be out for a while, that will have only limited functionality for quite a while, yet apparently is already curing cancer and saving the whales. Since you had nothing new to add to the thread, why not just stay the hell out? Your comments provided nothing of value to the topic of the thread at hand.

elektra ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 8:42 PM

MM you got my vote too!

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 9:49 PM

I think that the comments on DazStudio are extremely valid. Daz Studio has created a whirrel wind of buzz because of the features that Daz has listed, it is a real product from a company that has support, and listens to it's customers. Now CuriousLabs has STATED that Poser 6 will be fixes, stability and very few if any additional features, and all the people that bought Poser 5 and have waited waited, and then waited some more for those fixes will have to buy an upgrade to GET those fixes. Daz Studio while limited in the initial release will be FREE. hmmmmmm now why is Daz Studio not a releveant comment??? Stay the hell out? haha. make me.

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 10:10 PM

I can remember back when people had wishlists for Poser 5 and wanted physics and such. I really think they tryed hard to implement as much as thay could. But all this physics stuff is complicated. BUT! If Poser 6 is just a Poser 5 fix. I'd say it should be free. I hardly ever use Poser 5 myself. ryamka has a point but it's pointless to ask people to stay the "hell" out. Why is Daz Studio better then Poser???

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 10:26 PM

I would like to see full explorer capabilities when navigating the Poser libraries - something more user-friendly than the current clunky library interface.

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 10:46 PM

not buying no Poser 6 that is a fix to P5... FREE FREE FREE or not for me with or without DAZ Studio

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

ryamka ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 11:08 PM

Because, since you apparently cannot read, the topic is Poser 6. Nowhere in that topic does the phrase "Daz Studio" come about - implied or explicit. The person asked about Poser 6. Daz Studio is not relevant to that discussion because it is not Psoer 6. The comments soliciting possible wish items and/or release dates are relevant to... wait for it.. Poser 6. Not Daz Studio. Feel free to go and start a Daz Studio thread, but not here, in one about, again, Poser 6.

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 11:30 PM

Thats good. More insulting. You must think you're a Moderator here or something. It's as if you are saying "Hey, dont say that here!" From my experience the more they add to Poser the worse it works. BTW, Daz Studio (oops, we're not allowed to talk about this here) will be free in the biginning until it's not BETA. It wont be free years from now when it has more options(works). Most people want Open GL support for Poser. Daz Studio has that, but still dont see the big deal? Poser has been out for years and Daz Studio isn't even out yet. Not really a good replacement yet.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 11:35 PM

okie dokie. stay on topic. okay. I would like to see in Poser 6, everything that is on the list of the things that will be released in Daz Studio. OpenGL, memory management, new handling of morphs and libraries so that there are not a billion files and pose files in my camera directory. All the propack (poser 4) functionality that was promised in Poser 5 to not only work, but be implemented. kill the 250 file limit in runtimes so that I do not lose names. kill the GUI and make it more functional. Speed increases at least 50% improved. Plugins that were in ProPack that you don't have to purchase from 3rd parties, that do not cost as much as Poser itself. upgrade the Lightwave import so that it's not limited to LW 5.x (lightwave is on 7.5 and LW 8 is around the corner). fix the poser hang when it can't find a file, CR editing is not for everybody. kill content paradise or allow it as an addon so that advanced users do not have to have the overhead wasted on something that will never be used. I'd like the manual updated so that the changes from all the SR releases and all the documentation that was left out of Poser 5, or just skimped on with a paragraph explained with examples. I'd like a manual that is 1000 pages, don't skimp, publish a bible so I don't have to hunt the web for the answer to a question when it should be in the manual. I'd like poser 6 to be a drasticly cheap upgrade for Poser 5 users, keep existing customers, FREE is better, but programmers have to eat so cheap would be okay if it all works. how about spot lights and a reworking of the poser 5 light problems. many light packs kill or hang poser 5, even with SR3. basically, everything that Daz Studio has promised even though it is not out, everything that the Poser 5 box SAID that it WOULD do to work. how about all the model fixes that were never done. oh I think that's enough, if all that gets done in Poser 6, a Poser 6 SR3 should get most of the poser 5 things working.

rdf ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 12:09 AM

After a long hiatus, I upgraded from Poser2 to 5 without realizing 4 would have been a much better deal. Obviously, I should've hung around renderosity a while longer before making the purchase. Unfortunately, after making the purchase, circumstances kept me from messing around with 5 very much for a while, and by the time I got into it, it was too late to return it to the vendor for a refund. So, via email, I then asked CL if I could "downgrade" to 4. No response. I then asked them if I could get a very special price on 4 since I had already paid for 5. No response. So I am now trying to create art in 5, and it is without question the buggiest (by far) software I own, and the buggiest (by far) I have used in many years. I don't know about the rest of you (and as for what they call it, I could hardly care), but the very least CL OWES me is a FREE fix -- and not yet another service release that doesn't really fix very much of anything.

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 12:39 AM

Man. Never thought about that. You'd think you're entitled to the earlier versions then. Dont you pay more if you're upgradeing from a way old version. You should keep trying to contact them. I'd call them everyday. "downgrade" - that should be free right??? Wish you would have posted this when the Pres of CL was here.

mikes ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 1:14 AM

Don't hold your breath for P6--they'll no doubt be spending their time upgrading that Avatar thingy that's bringing in all the bucks...(snicker)

jjsemp ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 2:52 AM

Daz Studio my a**. Neither Vicky 3 or Mike 3 got out the door without the need for major service releases. And M3 still apparently needs work. Anybody expecting perfection from Daz Studio is living in a dream world.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 2:55 AM

Everything MachineClaw said (amen brother!) and more. Oh, and don't forget network rendering support and fix the damn memory leaks, especially in FireFLAW. I read the recent Q&A session with the acting president of Curious in its entirety. WOW, amazing ... I would think CL would be out of feet to shoot! Charging for a version that only corrects the huge blight that is/was Poser 5, now that takes some big ones.

-Tim

nornaddict ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 4:07 AM

Has anyone who's proclaiming D/S the new messiah actually read the page at Daz? It's going to be a beta program, no real functions except rendering & probably full of bugs at the start, you'll have to use poser to set up your figures before you render them in D/S, bet you missed that obvious piece of info in your quest to grind poser into the ground?

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 4:37 AM

I use P5 daily, and it's been a big frustration. Too many times I've had to compromise a scene I want to build because of render problems. I would have to reluctantly buy P6 if and when it comes out, hoping for more stability, but CL will have lost a lot of goodwill making me pay to fix something that should have been done right from jump. P6 should include some expected advancements in technology, and not just clean up the mess made by P5. Daz Studio is a very valid issue in this discussion, because good or bad, for the first time, Poser will have some competition. I was impressed with what they did in Mimic, and making the core module free makes it a sure thing to try out. If Daz can come out with a piece of software that the masses are happy with, we won't have to buy P6 to clean up P5. I don't use Don or Jusy because I have Mike & Vicki. I rarely use dynamic hair and cloth because it takes too much time and effort to get something I like out of it. I don't use the face room because I don't use Don & Judy. I don't use Content Paradise because need Poser to be a browser. I don't use the set-up room (but I think it's a valid inclusion for content builders). What I DO want in Poser is to be able to put a bunch of figures in a scene, add some moderate lighting and some reflections, hit the render button and KNOW it's going to finish. My hardware is closer to the top end, and it would be nice if the software was too. I don't think anyone here wants to "grind Poser into the ground". We all love the product, but P5 was a disapointment that still has a long way to go make up for lost goodwill. Talk of P6 can bring up some bad feelings if it's not much more than a service release you have to pay for.

nornaddict ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 4:46 AM

how long did it take for Poser4 to stop being a disappointment? how many fixes did Metacreations/Curious Labs put out before it started working like it should? I'm sorry but Poser5 is a vast improvement over poser4 & I'm not sorry to give up using poser4.

Farside ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 4:50 AM

I'm certainly going to try Daz Studio and am looking forward to it's release. But people should keep in mind that this will be Daz's first real attempt at creating from scratch a program such as this. There's a huge difference between making a character and the program it's suppost to run in. To anyone out there that expects DS to be the end all to their problems and come out bug free right off the bat (or even close to bug free), I'd suggest making out your will now because you're too stupid to live.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 5:10 AM

Maybe that is what CL is up to. Make the P5 users Pay for the promised fix by calling it P6. I have lost faith with them and the only way they will get it back is with a properly fixed P5. If that is done, I will have no problem buying P6. 1- fix P5 2- fix P5 3- fix P5

elektra ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 6:38 AM

I'm sort of with Tempus Fugit at this point. CL should never have wasted time designing a new set of "dorks" for Poser. They should have contracted M1 and V1 from DAZ and focused on the app itself. I NEVER use Don or Judy. They just can't compare to the milleniums. Plus the bulk of the products I have are for those characters. This naturally makes the face room useless to me and like Tempus, I hardly use the rest of it for the reasons stated. If I have to pay to update an app that isn't working right, I'll have a hard time swallowing that one. I'm not slamming Poser, but the folks behind it leave much to be desired. Working in the tech environment, I know that DAZ Studio is not going to be the do-all/end-all of everything, but it will be nice to see something fresh and see what other people might be able to do with something similar. But I'm not throwing Poser out yet.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 7:04 AM

ryamka, When are you going to learn that discussion topics around this place NEVER stay on topic. They always go off in other directions.

nornaddict ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 7:07 AM

heh that's the nature of the poser community I suppose cherokee :) Makes for an interesting life when it does go OT anyway :)

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 8:18 AM

DAZ had a wonderful idea: Announce a new product that wouldn't be released for over a year after the announcment. In the meantime, many people would decide not to buy Poser while they waited for DAZ Studio.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 8:48 AM

Wouldn't it be more prudent for CL to fix P5 rather than charge for a new version that's really only a fix of P5 to begin with??? WTF?? I'm so glad I stuck with P4 and didn't take the plunge ;o). Seems I'm missing out on a lot of stuff that I'd prefer missing out on...LOL. Laurie

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 8:58 AM

At least according to what the Curious Labs guy was saying Poser 6 would be. So if you want a Poser wishlist, start at Poser 7, because they already said 6 was mostly making Poser 5 work well. See link at Post 7 in this thread. As for Daz Studio, I am looking forwards to it. I hate to see incorrect assumptions. According to the latest Daz press release on their site- The first release we get will be able to Pose, Render, & Save. "Cameras, props, scenes, and figures can be posed and manipulated using controls in the Parameter pane" "3Delight renderer by DNASoft included (Renderman compliant" "Save function enabled"

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 8:59 AM

To be perfectly honest ... I hate going back to P4, as much as P5 frustrates me, the library management in P5 alone is worth it. I only use p4 when I need to import something into Vue. Now with SR3 it is very stable ... well, as long as you stay away from the FIREFLAW renderer. I only use it when I absolutely have to (like for 3d motion-blur, or certain materials/shaders, and reflections.) Even then I think very carefully whether I REALLY need/want those effects. There are still a bunch of problems, annoyances, and feature sets that have not been addressed since version 3 ... yes, version 3. I guess that is what is so frustrating to many of us.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 9:09 AM

"To anyone out there that expects DS to be the end all to their problems and come out bug free right off the bat (or even close to bug free), "

It COULD be close to bug free, or even possile to have ZERO serious bugs. Of course all software has bugs, but the question is whether they inhibit the use of the product to a severe degree. As was the case with Poser 5 ... one of the buggiest releases I have ever had the misfortune of buying -- and I've bought a lot of software over the past 25 years.

Are people so jaded by the buggy releases of Poser 4/5, and to some extent Vue, they don't realize software can be rock solid on it first release? Of course it can. Most of the software I own was incredibly stable/useable on its first release.

Daz has a very good track record, AFAIK, with its software releases. I know Mimic 2 is reasonably stable and does what it promised and advertises to do from the get-go. If I were a betting man, I'd bet a "wad or two" that DAZ Studio is going to shine pretty well for a 1.0 release. They're taking their time, which is normally a good thing.

-Tim

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 9:22 AM

*"Has anyone who's proclaiming D/S the new messiah actually read the page at Daz?

It's going to be a beta program, no real functions except rendering & probably full of bugs at the start, you'll have to use poser to set up your figures before you render them in D/S, bet you missed that obvious piece of info in your quest to grind poser into the ground?"*

Have YOU read the page??? Wrong, wrong, and it's DAZ, NOT Curious Labs doing the programming. ;)

FIRST RELEASE:

-> Select and edit of bones and objects (pos, vis, color, etc.)

-> Cameras, props, scenes, and figures can be posed and manipulated using controls

-> Material editing

-> Open-GL support (super yeaaah)

-> 3D Object Selection View

-> Animation timeline

-> Asset manager

Oh, and, uh, it's FREE! SHEEEEESH!

We're slamming P5, because for the most part, it was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 9:25 AM

timoteo1: There is a beta Poser5 to Vue4 plugin available..it works :) Also, on the software being stable...I agree 110% that there are many products that come out pretty much bug free and stable with Rev1....then only a few tweaks are needed....I have many programs that are maybe version 1.3, 4 whatever that work just fine. Not like much software now where they need major service releases just to make them useable....we are the true beta testers...I think many developers are trying to save a buck and are also commmited to a specific release date, no matter the condition, to get the cash flow for their stockholders..and we play right into their hands by making those comments we see all the time about no software is bug free, etc etc...that is just blain bullshit IMO. Plus we keep buying the crappy stuff, as well. and not only that, we buy the next version which maybe fixes the bugs in the previous release...there should be many class action lawsuits stopping this practice...it isn't fair to the purchaser to pay for fixes that should have worked in the first place, or to have software that never gets fixed at all...such as the problems that have always been in Poser, and many other products. Yikes, isn't that a mouthful :)

SimonWM ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 9:27 AM

Plugins that were in ProPack that you don't have to purchase from 3rd parties, that do not cost as much as Poser itself.>>> Amen to this! That was one of the main selling points to me for buying Poser 5. And what about the new 3D animals that were promised too? And I have to agree with the poster that says: >>Definitely fix P5, and call it P5.5 if you ahve to. Don't hit up the next number. >> And charge CHEAP VERY CHEAP!! And this time I won't be one of the first in line with my money, I'll be waiting for other people to buy it and review it before I take this risk again. Oh, and I agree with people saying that those thinking DAZ Studio will be the instant Poser killer are living in wonderland. Just look at Michael 3, they just proved they are capable of major screwups too. But at least it will be free so no risk for us users.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 9:32 AM

Thanks, Dave. I tried it ... didn't work any better for me, and it made Vue highly unstable. (E-on is #2 on my **it-list. Guess that makes them #2 on my #2 list, har-har.) I could actually get a lot of things from P5 to import without the beta. But Vue slows down to a crawl if I import any comples Poser scenes ... the timeline becomes practically useless. Does this happen to you? VuePro looks promising, especially if they fixed OpenGL as I have heard... but here we go again. Just like you were just saying, playing right into their hands -- for something that should have worked the first time. -Tim

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 10:09 AM

Ive read the vue pro is very slow for animation though so due your reseach first.

My website

YouTube Channel

nornaddict ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 10:16 AM

"one of the buggiest releases I have ever had the misfortune of buying" I'd have to really disagree there, the worst by far for me was WinME.

Drew2003 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 10:32 AM

A few wishlist items: Parameter dial control via arrow key: Once I have the "cursor" in the parameter dial pallet, let me navigate up and down the list with my up-and-down arrow keys. Once I have arrowed up or down to a specific dial, let me move it using my left and right arrow keys. Clicking and dragging with a mouse is too imprecise and half the time you miss it on the first click, and typing in numerical values really interrupts the workflow. Library navigation: When you have drilled down to a subfolder in a list, and then go back up a level, DON'T ALWAYS GO BACK TO THE TOP!! Remember where I was and go back to that point in the list. This is the single biggest pain in the arse! I have long long lists of folders in some of the libraries, and having to repeatedly scroll all the way down them as you peek in them looking for something is no fun at all. Likewise, put the "up one folder" button in a permanent spot so it does not scroll off the screen when you are looking down the list. Naming conventions: Anyone who puts things like !! in front of their folders/files to make them go to the top of the list should be banished to outer mongolia. All this does is jumble stuff up in no particular order instead of allowing a "natural" alphabetic sort. It makes me think of cheap businesses in the yellow pages, like "AAAAAAA Moe's Plumbing". Ok, that last one is not really a wish item for P6, just a pet peeve :P - Drew

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 10:32 AM

Wolf: Thanks for the headsup. Still eyeing Cinema, but can't justify it right now. Any idea what E-on's return policy is? Vue 4 is horribly slow for animation ... I hope PRO isn't worse ... can't imagine. Norn: Never bought it ... went right to WIN2K and never looked back. Spared myself on that one, eh? ;) Still have it on most of my machines. Not that XP is buggy, just seems slower.

elektra ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 10:41 AM

I did the 4.2 Vue Beta update and my Poser files are importing beautifully! I am not, however, using Open GL. Back to the topic at hand. I think a company has a lot of stones to charge is client base for a "new" version of the app, that is basically a fix for the current one. Existing P5 users should get it free. They may have staff to pay, but we already shelled out our hard earned cash on a program that does not fully work? And I should point out, Vue when I bought it recently, worked pretty much out of the box as stated. My only big problem was Open GL not working well.

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 10:41 AM

watches debate silently

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 10:50 AM

waiting for the big salvos and flames, Lyrra :)

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 11:00 AM

"And I should point out, Vue when I bought it recently, worked pretty much out of the box as stated. My only big problem was Open GL not working well." Turning off OpenGL, I found out the hard way, is a must. Vue is very close to being a great app, especially for still artists. But for animators, it has a few serious shortcomings. Especially if you want to use Poser animations with it -- which is EXACTLY WHY I bought it. After importing all but the simplest of Poser scenes, the timeline becomes so unresponsive as to be unuseable. Also, the workspace (with the timeline open) becomes nearly as unresponsive. How peole like Phoul can crank out those gorgeous Poser-centric animations from Vue, I have no clue. They either have the patience of a saint, or something is seriously wrong with my Vue installation or setup. So, that coupled with the lack of OpenGL, and a few other annoyances -- like it orientating instead of rotating things, the non-standard axis, and it's inability to play nice with other apps running, no graph editor for spline curves, etc., no auto-key toggle, no ease-in/out toggle, etc -- that make me feel like I wasted my money ... as an animator. -Tim

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 11:03 AM

PS> Oooo .. almost forgot one: Rendering an image sequence stinks because if something happens (crash, power outage, etc.) the files are not saved as regular image files until AFTER the render job is completed. It saves them as useless .TMP files. Ridiculous ... takes the point out of rendering to an image sequence. We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast ... :)

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 11:08 AM

just to stay up to date and current with the aforementioned opening topic of discussion... Please go to Runtime DNA and check out their skydome..Free.. it makes way cool skys and you can go out and take pics of the real deal and texture away.... no need to wait for a P6 for that....or you can just render your fav Bryce sky and apply... altohugh, the lighting aspect is not there, so yes, that Would be a cool new feature to have... Yes....sky and lighting for Poser 6..... but first, I want my P5 to work as advertised

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 11:12 AM

If you go back and read the CL CEO Q&A he stated that SR-4 for Poser 5 would be the next thing they work on, and THEN Poser 6 to fix any remaning issues with no major functionality change, that they want to do OpenGL for Poser, but they would have to look into it. To me that does not sound all that great. The CL CEO apparently doesn't have enough confidence that SR-4 will fix it all, and that Poser6 will instead. That and their sister/inbed with/parent company EGSYS or how ever you spell it is filing bankrupcy and is hurting. A company with no programers on staff, that has to regularly higher out for guns, little or no personal prescence in the community, no assurances, and a track record that is not all that good. Mention of Daz Studio not being the end all etc and M3. Well, Daz has always listened to their customers, great track record with supporting their software, and clients, timely fixes. It has been stated BY Daz represenatives that Daz Studio inital base will be FREE, even after the beta, that the 'addon' functionality modules will be for purchase. With all the freebies that Daz has done in the past there is a track record there. I have more faith in Daz than I do in a company that charges me for a program and 1 month later drops the price, 3 months after that cuts the price in half and leaves me holding a program that I had to wait 6 months to even use half of the features. does Poser 5 work for me, sure, for the most part. I do not have Poser 4, so I can't go back, and have no track record. I have been waiting for a Lightwave plugin for Poser 5 since I bought Poser 5, it was stated on the box of poser 5 functionality of Poser4 Pro pack and that the plugins would be updated. I'm STILL waiting on a lightwave plugin from CL that works with Poser 5. while there are 3rd party companies that have a plugin available that works with poser 5, or are working on one, that is not the same. While all the SR releases for poser 5 have been free and have for the most part improved functionality and stability, I really don't hold my hopes that CL and Poser 6 will do anything at all, and with the past track record won't buy at all. They have a really hard and uphill PR campain to do if they want me to support them.

elektra ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 11:50 AM

Very well said. I know that I'm not going to rush out to purchase the next incarnation of Poser. I will accept a free upgrade to make the existing program work, but with the way that Poser is now, DAZ would have to really screw up royally, to make Studio worse than Poser.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 1:15 PM

"Wow, I am surprised it took only just a little over thirty minutes for someone to spew crap in this thread about Daz Studio, a product THAT IS NOT out, that HAS NOT BEEN TESTED, that may not be out for a while, that will have only limited functionality for quite a while, yet apparently is already curing cancer and saving the whales. Since you had nothing new to add to the thread, why not just stay the hell out? Your comments provided nothing of value to the topic of the thread at hand. " Who said anything about curing cancer and saving whales? I am reluctant to buy anything from CL now, because of the P5 debacle. Even now, it appears - in some cases - the program is as stable as Charles Manson. I have a damn sight more faith in DAZ's ability to produce a program that will be stable, and developed in a professional manner, rather than the hack and slash approach seemingly adopted by CL. All of which makes me question the viability of P6. Judging by comments posted by others in the thread, it seems there are quite a few people who feel the same way. So, why not calm down a little and... well, I'm sure you know where you can stick your attitude.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.